[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Combiners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: bruticus1_zpscs11s1z1.jpg (213KB, 823x1024px) Image search: [Google]
bruticus1_zpscs11s1z1.jpg
213KB, 823x1024px
I'm a big fan of combining robots, but I think I've had my fill of the Transformers variety after the Combiner Wars line. I'm trying to find other big combining figures from other lines, are there any recommendations? My only preference is it has a decent amount of articulation. I'm been trying to find some of the Power Rangers one, but I don't really like that none have leg movement.

So what are some good, non-Transformers combiners that are currently available?
>>
Save up and buy Sentinel Dancouga. It's the absolute best.
>>
I'd check out some of the SoCs, especially GaoGaiGar.
>>
>>5860459
They literally just announced a Soul of Chogokin Daizyujin (or Megazord, as it's better know in the West) that'll feature perfect transformation. Might be worth saving your pennies for.
>>
Takara's Diaclone Dia Battles V2
>>
>>5860459
Soul of Chogokin is really the only line that consistently has a combining feature with all of its figures, and even it has to make some allowances for stuff like the impossibility of Getter Robo's combination. The one that I'd want the most is Gunbuster, but damn is it expensive. It's basically my grail. If you look into these, though, be warned that a lot of the older SoC combiners have very limited articulation below the elbows. I own a Zambot 3 that frustrates me quite a bit seeing how they could have engineered more joints in but did not, especially given how the Zambo Ace component has more articulation than the combined form. I can't see any reason why there weren't thigh swivels.

I have a Sentinel Dancouga and mine has serious durability issues. I broke the alternate head on the very first day of owning it simply because it was stuck into the combiner port too tightly and the tiny plastic gave out before the friction holding it where it was did. I later had one of the fingers fall off for no discernable reason.

Anyway, a lot of the old CM's stuff also combines. Never owned one of those figures and they're very hard to come by. I've heard the QC isn't the best either, but their Gaiking LoDM set really calls to me.

Studio Halfeye also makes a lot of combining stuff (including the only Gurren Lagann with a removable Lagann head for some reason; it doesn't seem that hard to engineer). Their figures, however, are incredibly overpriced and often look awful. Some actually do look pretty good though. Their Gaiking set also looks great, as does their GaoFighGar.
>>
File: daioja.jpg (151KB, 880x1049px) Image search: [Google]
daioja.jpg
151KB, 880x1049px
This guy has a really cool transformation scheme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arCSuULyw_k
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.