[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you keep your d-league toys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

You know, the ones you like too much to sell, but aren't quite the stars of your collection? I'm planning on thinning out my shelves to cut down on the visual clusterfuck by a little bit, and once I looked at everything I realized I'm just going to too much stuff left over, probably about 20-30 6" figures I need to store. Preferably not just putting them into their boxes again, partly because I don't have boxes for half of them, and partly because I'd like the option to rotate them out easily.

I've got several of pic related for accessories, but I was wondering if there was something similar that could fit entire figures. Ideally something that's clear plastic for visibility and has dividers so stuff doesn't just end up in a giant pile. Mostly, I don't want to just toss a bunch of figuarts into a cardboard box.
>>
>>5859957
sell them or give them away to some poor kids
>>
>>5859957
with loose figures, the most important thing is to make sure they don't scrape against each other. Here's the best way to do that
>lay out one layer of figures in a tupperware container
>pour water into the container, high enough so that it covers all the figures
>put the container in the freezer overnight
>lay out a second layer on top of the ice, add water, freeze, same as the first layer
>continue in this manner until you've filled the container
>take the ice block of figures out of the tupperware, and put it in your freezer for long term storage.
>>
>>5860087
this is good advice
It's one of the best ways for long term storage
>>
>>5860059
This. Don't horde your toys when someone else might get more use out of them. Especially kids.
>>
>>5859957
>You know, the ones you like too much to sell
I have never had the urge to sell, or lost interest in, a toy I have purchased to be in my collection.
I have split cases of assortments, 2 packs of figures where I only wanted one, things like that. But I have never sold off anything I wanted in the first place.
>>
File: 20160816_214535.jpg (890KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160816_214535.jpg
890KB, 2560x1536px
>>5859957
I use them as fodder for my art. Get creative.
>>
>>5860510
> art

Art?
>>
>>5860653
I make one-of-a-kind toys from a combination of random shit and action figures. I would call them art projects more so than customs because they aren't based on any preexisting characters.
>>
>>5859957
I use those plastic sterilite/rubbermaid cabinets. Preferably if they have wheels. I used to like those stacky ones, but the models change too often that they arent stackable anymore
>>
I struggle with it myself anon. Is it really worth it to store so many toys, when the act of being in storage makes you unable to enjoy them? I don't know.
>>
File: image.png (220KB, 414x358px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
220KB, 414x358px
>>5860510
>>
>>5860682
>one-of-a-kind
I wonder why nobody else is making stuff like that.
>>
>>5861259
If we all did the same things, we would all be as sad as you.
>>
File: 1459729185138.jpg (172KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1459729185138.jpg
172KB, 800x800px
>>5860510
>Get creative.

>>5860682
>one-of-a-kind

>Poor man's 3A shit
>>
>>5861265
You seem defensive about that garbage you made
>>
>>5861267
I'll give you that one, but only some of them
>>
>>5861280
It isn't that, as much as the fact that people are pathetic enough to blatantly disrespect other people's creations. I'm not great, but I'm proud of what I do.
>>
>>5861286
>I'm proud of what I do.
you really shouldn't be
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.