[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of nowhere!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 30

File: SOC megazord.jpg (134KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SOC megazord.jpg
134KB, 768x1024px
Out of nowhere!
>>
>>5852908
Damn, I was hoping the SoC would be the definite version. Looking at the individual bots I'm skeptical.
>>
>>5852908
Still think the legacy is a better value
>>
With the Japanese market being what it is now with the yen influx, I wonder if Bandai is thinking of targeting the western market more and more. That makes two SoC releases in the last month debuting at American conventions, both of which have more relevance in the west than the east.

Personally I'm ecstatic. I ahve a few SoCs(Gaogaigar, Gunbuster, Big O), and I love them but I'm not much of a fan of 70's/80's super robots. I'm happy to see them doing more like this.
>>
FUCKING WHEN?
>>
>>5852973
Hopefully now bandai Japan now realizes the money to be made off the western Power rangers market.
>>
>>5852973
not MMPR, so never.
>>
>>5852980

as it should be
>>
>>5852999
i would love each season of rangers to have a figuarts and a legacy line. that'd be fucking amazing. the zeo megazord is awesome
>>
price?
>>
Can anyone explain these to me? Loved power rangers as a kid. Do they combine to form the megazord? How much are they going to cost?
>>
>>5853037
>they're like the deluxe toys but with more metal
>yes
>like 300 bucks if you're lucky not including shipping
>>
>>5853037
AFAIK these ones don't since they're metal/diecast. They released a combined version a few years ago.
>>
>>5853020
Expect something between 200 and 300 USD.
>>
>>5853045
It's a freaking SoC, of course they combine.
>>
>>5853037
SOC is a very HQ line think transformers MP line. Yes they are going to combine and do everything else they could in the show (tank mode).
>>
OH MY FUCKING GOD

I NEVER THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPEN

Bandai is really coming for the Western market, between this and Voltron. God bless.
>>
File: megazord-tank-mode.jpg (33KB, 367x285px) Image search: [Google]
megazord-tank-mode.jpg
33KB, 367x285px
>>5853045
>giant text saying Battle Mode activating at NYCC
>>
File: Its-happening_o_129980.gif (584KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
Its-happening_o_129980.gif
584KB, 320x213px
>>
File: 1454040698561.png (328KB, 445x450px) Image search: [Google]
1454040698561.png
328KB, 445x450px
Please Bandai do SOC Dragonzord/Dragonceaser. I beg you!
>>
I hope they're sold separately, I only want the mammoth.
>>
>>5853100
Just get the Imaginext one then.
>>
>>5853119
This one is shiny though.
>>
File: 1409586845509.jpg (35KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1409586845509.jpg
35KB, 960x720px
>>5852980
>SoC Dairenoh

Fuck I hope Bandai milks MMPR for all its worth
>>
Jesus why isn't this blowing up the internets? Where was this unveiled at? There is no coverage at all.
>>
>>5853235
Morphicon
>>
>>5853235
Because the dinozords, alone, aren't that impressive. Wait til the actual Megazord is revealed in October
>>
>>5853251
No, its because it was unveiled at a small time event.
>>
>>5852908

I'd like to take this opportunity to express a whole hearted "fuck you" to every person on the internet who continually insisted that this was a logistical impossibility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtGYtmaf_b8
>>
>>5852946
Oh I think so. Also with all the super hero movies and Star Wars most Japanese companies has something going on with western market in mind.

Plus I think SoC is running low on robots to do, that will you know sell at that price range.
>>
>>5852908
Now the question is, does this mean I can find an affordable legacy megazord?
>>
File: 1470344863525.png (70KB, 248x282px) Image search: [Google]
1470344863525.png
70KB, 248x282px
>>5853282
Why on earth would you want that rubbish with this coming out?!
>>
File: 145059569.jpg (51KB, 366x602px) Image search: [Google]
145059569.jpg
51KB, 366x602px
>>5852908
>>
File: tumblr_mrlytvEbWu1sfqkano7_500.gif (694KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrlytvEbWu1sfqkano7_500.gif
694KB, 500x375px
Hand over the tigerzord, Bandai.
>>
>>5853290
Because while SoC Dragonzord is likely coming out, SoC Titanus is probably not or so damn pricy it'd make a lot of people question going with it over the Legacy. (honestly though making the Legacy Titanus compatible with an SoC set isn't a bad idea.) so the Legacy Ultrazord is the most attainable if you want the full set.

Personally I'll be keeping the Legacy stuff out in display until we know for certain if a Soul of chogokin Dragonzord and Titanus are or aren't happening.
>>
File: MMPRM-ninjafalconmegazordrender.jpg (125KB, 762x722px) Image search: [Google]
MMPRM-ninjafalconmegazordrender.jpg
125KB, 762x722px
>>5853298

Also, as long as we're making requests here....
>>
>>5853305
I still find this ugly thing endearing. Mostly the head cockpit. Its a fun callback to when america mecha concept design was done on paper and limited by CGI rather than indulgent digital concept art designs drowning in details,like the Transformers movies. It actually seems like they wanted to mostly remain faithful to the toy.
>>
File: Zyu3zords.jpg (185KB, 592x800px) Image search: [Google]
Zyu3zords.jpg
185KB, 592x800px
>>5853305
I also have a futile request.
>>
>>5853325
Type A-C are interesting, but feel way too lateral.Not really better than the old Dinozords, but slightly different. I like how Type D feels like stronger versions of the Dinozords, while also building on the Thunder Megazord's whole look.

Also, funny how Zord Builder made that bottom pick a reality.
>>
>>5852908
This is bullshit, I don't see any RKO's being performed.
>>
>>5852908
JOSE CANSECO!
memes aside, I kind of like the thick legs on the Tyrannosaurus zord
>>
>>5853251
The fact that it exists & there is a photo is big news enough. Before few hours ago I didn't know this existed & have wanted it for years. Same for Voltron. I think the Japs are learning how nostalgia works in the West.
>>
>>5852931
what exactly were you expecting?
>>
File: legacy.jpg (158KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
legacy.jpg
158KB, 1280x720px
>>5852908
is this good or bad?
do you guys just want another megazord/dragonzord/titanus line?
do they offer more articulation over the current remade one or something?
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 600x600px
>>5853423
Think something like this when combined.
>>
>>5853423
>do they offer more articulation over the current remade one or something
Dude its SOC that's a given. Not to mention show accurate sculpts.
>>5853300
I feel confident in dragonzord/Caesar but Titanus. King brachion I wouldn't hold my breath but, hey up to this point I'd said the samthing about this.
>>
Holy shit, about fucking time. I never understood why the new ones never went for updated articulation. This will do nicely.
>>
>>5853305
Jesus Christ I remember that megazord being ugly as sin, but is that some kind of bootleg? Fucking hideous.
>>
File: image.jpg (175KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175KB, 1334x750px
>>5853271

I just figured out how the Tyranosaurus legs transformation works because of that video.

1. The thighs are hollow and there's a sliding tab, you can see it on the front of the thigh. 2. The lower legs will slide into the thigh, and then you push the dinosaur feet down so that it presses against the back of the lower leg like on the suit model. 3. The pegs on the knees to combine with the Sabertooth and the Tricerotops are hidden behind the shin panels on the Tyranosaurus, so you will have to flip those down, extend the pegs out, then slide the legs into the thighs.

This thing is going to have some really creative transforming. Sorry for the shitty arrows, I'm on my phone.
>>
>>5853069
Yeah because these aren't japanese at all.
>>
File: Jet_Jaguar_2.jpg (272KB, 414x545px) Image search: [Google]
Jet_Jaguar_2.jpg
272KB, 414x545px
>>5853907
He's talking about the Western market. Japan's market is different, even if the properties in question are originally Japanese.
If Voltron/Go-lion and Dino Megazord/Daizyujin weren't popular among the west, this shit wouldn't be happening.

Pic related, a character that's popular in the West but the reverse in Japan.
>>
>>5853927
Jet Jaguar isn't actually popular, he's more like a joke that some people would buy a toy of for a laugh. Like, I own a Beta Ray Bill but it's because he's a hilarious concept, not because I think he's cool or important
>>
>>5853927
He's saying that Bandai made these for the western market which is wrong.
>If Voltron/Go-lion and Dino Megazord/Daizyujin weren't popular among the west, this shit wouldn't be happening.
Just like this.

Golion was bound to happen simply because it's a classic japanese super robot. Most of the SOC have absolutely 0 popularity in the West yet they all exist.

Going for combinable sentai robots is the logical next step in the SOC line (they don't have a lot of super robots left to choose from). The fact they chose to start with this one is due to Zyuranger popularity in Asia and the worldwide popularity of Power Rangers but let's be honest, if PR didn't exist, maybe it wouldn't have been the first to be released but unless the line bombed, it would have been released in the next 3-4 years anyway.
>>
File: 5dmAbOu.png (716KB, 451x632px) Image search: [Google]
5dmAbOu.png
716KB, 451x632px
>>5853937
>joke
Don't be rude, a lot of the western fandom does appreciate Jet Jaguar.
>>
>>5853943
Fair enough with Voltron/Go-Lion, but
>Going for combinable sentai robots is the logical next step in the SOC line
Do you even have proof of this?
>>
>>5853954
No proof, it's just an observation. Unless they start making 2.0 version of everything or simply end the line, how many super robots with large enough fanbases are there left?
>>
>>5853937

>seeing Beta Ray Bill and Jet Jaguar as jokes.

Get thee away from here, you heathen. You are too uncouth a louse even for 4chan.
>>
>>5853966
That's quite an "observation" (more like assumption) then, considering it's a figure that's clearly being advertised as the Dino Megazord first and foremost, and no hints about Bandai planning to make Sentai robots in the SOC toyline whatsoever until this was suddenly announced. At an American Power Rangers convention and first teased by Bluefin nonetheless.

Especially considering MMPR is a lot more significant to the west than Zyuranger was to the east. At least with Voltron/Go-Lion, you already had SOCs of Toei(?) super robots made prior.

Shit, in general Bandai has been pandering more to the West. Obviously it's not completely focused on the western market because the Japanese market can love this shit too, but it's enough of a drive for Bandai to focus on it.
>>
>>5853980
>it's a figure that's clearly being advertised as the Dino Megazord first and foremost,
At an American con where nobody knows how to write it's real name correcty. Yet the final product will have a Japanese box with PR stickers or sleeve on it.
>and no hints about Bandai planning to make Sentai robots in the SOC toyline whatsoever until this was suddenly announced
The SOC line doesn't offer "hints" very often you know. Anyway, if you don't think going for sentai robots is the most likely solution for the future of the SOC line, you're probably thinking of a better/more viable alternative. Would you mind sharing it?
>At an American Power Rangers convention and first teased
They care about reveal schedule, not location. They revelead SHF Cell Premium & Battle Damage Gohan in France and WWE SHF in Japan. Are you gonna pretend they're planning to sell more of these in these countries?
>by Bluefin nonetheless.
Because it was at an American con. Again, the WWE SHF were revealed by Bandai Japan.

>Shit, in general Bandai has been pandering more to the West.
If by pandering to the West you mean "releasing things that are popular in the West TOO", yeah, they are. By that logic they are pandering to everyone everywhere in the World.
>>
>>5853086
He better come with a candy cane colored smokestack.
>>
>you can now have a T-rex that can pull off a proper kangaroo kick
>>
>>5854007
>candy cane colored smokestack

If it were treated like other SOC's, it totally would. Remains to be seen.
>>
>>5854004
You're buttfuckingly off the mark. Bandai's always pandered to the West.

>Anyway, if you don't think going for sentai robots is the most likely solution for the future of the SOC line, you're probably thinking of a better/more viable alternative. Would you mind sharing it?

They don't have to have the combination gimmick.

>They care about reveal schedule, not location. They revelead SHF Cell Premium & Battle Damage Gohan in France and WWE SHF in Japan. Are you gonna pretend they're planning to sell more of these in these countries?

Then why not at the Akiba Showroom or a special page on Bandai's website? This figure isn't even in a completed proto phase yet, but it was still revealed. Seems like solicitations will begin at the end of the year, and that's a bit far away from right now. Obviously, you're wrong about location. They choose locations strategically. You're implying Youroop isn't interested in DBZ and Japan isn't interested in wrestling, which I know the latter is objectively wrong.

>Because it was at an American con. Again, the WWE SHF were revealed by Bandai Japan.

Then why did they do it? They didn't have to.

Only problem I have; Western MMPR/Sentai autists are gonna argue the whoooole time up until release about price/details/gimmicks/yaddayadda and it's gonna be like 2013 all over again.
>>
>>5854140
>They don't have to have the combination gimmick.
You're not answering the question. What other alternative does the SOC line has to continue?
>Then why not at the Akiba Showroom or a special page on Bandai's website? ... You're implying Youroop isn't interested in DBZ and Japan isn't interested in wrestling, which I know the latter is objectively wrong.
I'm not implying they're not popular, I'm stating a fact : DBZ is less popular in France than in the USA and WWE is less popular in Japan than in the USA. Are you REALLY gonna be stupid enough to deny that? No, I don't think you're stupid enough. Then why did they show Cell and Gohan in France? Why not at SDCC, they CLEARLY SAID America was their 1st market for DBZ SHF. Why not at SDCC then? France is mostly interested in statues and virtually nothing else. Why did they show WWE in Japan? Why not at an American event? See? I can do that too. Location.Doesn't.Matter. As long as it's an event with fans and cameras, that's all they care about.
>This figure isn't even in a completed proto phase yet, but it was still revealed.
Like everything they ever show.
>>
>>5854172
>You're not answering the question. What other alternative does the SOC line has to continue?

Iunno, but they don't *have* to go with the combination route.

>See? I can do that too. Location.Doesn't.Matter. As long as it's an event with fans and cameras, that's all they care about.

Except you didn't, but okay.

>Like everything they ever show.

Except that's not true. They display protos without articulation or not final sculpts alongside final protos at events. This is the case here. There's no articulation and they haven't finalized the combination gimmick yet.

Let me shift it back to you, since you have all the (bullshit) answers. If they don't care about Western/US market, WHY this podunk event? The proto isn't finished, the news won't reach normies like the SHF were intended to do, and it's months away from solicitation. "Fans and cameras" isn't an answer because then they would have chosen, by your logic, the Akiba showroom since there are, clearly, Japanese fans who want this and there are plenty of pictures and videos from the showroom around the net that would have the same effect online in the West.
>>
>>5854172
>You're not answering the question. What other alternative does the SOC line has to continue?

I'm fine with Bandai making sentai mechs in the SOC line. (Daizyujin isn't even the first) Hell, I'm all for it. But honestly, there are still many anime robots deserving of the SOC treatment; enough to keep them busy for another decade.

Ideally, Bandai would make sentai mechs about a quarter to a third of future releases and just keep the line going.

Sun Vulcan, original Giant Robo, the J9 robots, Mach Baron, Baldios, Dairugger, Dougram, Escaflowne, ... Bring them all on.
>>
>>5854185
>Iunno, but they don't *have* to go with the combination route.
So you're admitting you have no idea what the line should do to continue but you're pretty adamant that you know what is not obvious for the line to do (not talking about the combination gimmick, just the fact that sentai robots are the way to go). Huh.
>Except you didn't, but okay.
I did the exact same thing you did.
>Except that's not true. They display protos without articulation or not final sculpts alongside final protos at events.
Name one SOC where the reveal happened at an event and where it was the final product.
>If they don't care about Western/US market
I never said they didn't care, I said they're not specifically pandering to it.
>WHY this podunk event? ... they would have chosen, by your logic, the Akiba showroom since there are, clearly, Japanese fans who want this
By my logic, this should have been revealed at any event anywhere happening at the time chosen for the reveal. Oh wait! That's what happened! Why did they chose to reveal it right now? Probably because there was a risk of someone else revealing a competing product at that time.
>the news won't reach normies like the SHF were intended to do
It's the freakin' Internet. Every website who relayed the informations about the SHF will relay this (and most probably already did).

Also, please, answer this: do you really believe DBZ SHF and WWE SHF are more popular in the countries they were revealed than in the USA? If you don't, please, tell me why they were revealed there?

>>5854230
>there are still many anime robots deserving of the SOC treatment
"Deserving" isn't enough. It has to be economically viable which doesn't leave many options. Most sentai robots had a better exposure than most anime super robots lefts. Of course, that doesn't mean it'll be a success but if they want to continue the line, that's the most obvious solution to try.
>>
Without jumping into any particular conversation, I'll just say that glossing over the fact that we've gotten two SoC reveals(at a time where the line has been slow for years) , both at American conventions, both in the span of a month or so, is being obtuse. You can claim either was an inevitability or bound to happen, but there's no use clinging onto the idea that Bandai doens't care about the west. Why? why is it important to keep this idea up that Bandai doesn't care? Does the idea of the American market having influence on Japanese manufacturers insult your idea of Japanese purity that much?

Sentai SHF hasn't had a new release in , what, a little over a year now? All those planned SRC sentai releases have gone unreleased, yet Bandai decides to take a risk on this? Come on.
>>
File: dsc_0441-2171494[1].jpg (56KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0441-2171494[1].jpg
56KB, 800x531px
>tfw Daijuujin could have been released years ago if engineering hadn't been an issue at the time
>>
>>5854371
Nobody said they didn't care.
>>
File: fuck yes.gif (934KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
fuck yes.gif
934KB, 500x281px
>MFW they do a dragon zord that can fully combine with them
>>
>>5854140
>buttfuckingly off the mark
Actually you literally can't be buttfucking if you're off the mark
>>
>>5853937
>Beta Ray Bill
>not because I think he's cool or important
Jesus Christ
>>
>>5854399
I don't even read comics and I know he's a respectable character
>>
>>5853235
are you kidding me it is blowing up the internet, for power ranger fans anyway
>>
>>5854380
>tfw they won't release more after that because nobody wants to pay $350 for a Megazors
>>
File: poisy toy.png (1MB, 970x568px) Image search: [Google]
poisy toy.png
1MB, 970x568px
Who cares about that shit? Awesome heart-shaped bitch coming thru.
>>
>>5852908
Man fuck, why are they doing this and Voltron so close together after all these years of nothing? I can't afford both.
>>
>>5854616
Get a job so you can afford both!
>>
>>5854420

Yup. Walt Simonson's run on Thor during the eighties was fucking gold. His creation and use of Beta ray Bill is just a tiny part of that magical run.
>>
>>5854816

Tiny but awesome, I should say. (Beta Ray Bill is one of my personal favorite marvels.)
>>
>>5852933
Each Zord will probably cost as much as the Legacy one, if not more. These look awesome though. I want to see the combined mode.

>>5852973
BanDai america is releasing a Legacy version in late 2017. Don't know about BanDai Japan.
>>
>>5854598
Is this 5in or the new 6.5 inch scale?
>>
>>5855220
Pretty sure it's 5 inch.
>>
>>5854343
Confirmed for lack of common sense. I bet you haven't realized I'm not the person who you started arguing with. You're stupid as fuck.
>>
>>5853966
>simply end the line
What? There aren't enough Mazingers yet
>>
>>5855279
suck my pussy hair bitch
>>
>>5855215
it's a soul of chogokin, they don't come as individual parts you buy the entire thing as one product
>>
>>5854483
>nobody wants to pay $350 for a Megazors
Most people who were endeared to MMPR as children are adults with jobs now, anon.
>>
>>5852908
I don't follow Toku that much, but are these the first combining Megazords that have good articulation ignoring the mega bloks ones?
>>
>>5855658
So you're new. Lurk a little more and you'll see than most adult collectors with jobs never buy things that expensive.
>>
>>5855279
Wow, you definitely got me there. What an argument. Have fun with your japanese toys not pandering to the West, anon.
>>
>>5852908

> Let's make high quality versions of horrible and cheap designs thought up in less than a week.

Japan is fucking bananas.
>>
>>5855883
>I'm upset they aren't pandering to my specific tastes!
ftfy.
>>
>>5855885

The soc golion panders pretty well to my tastes. I just find it crazy that this thing is better designed than anything that ever made it on a sentai show.
>>
>>5855897

Imagine the designers face when they go to the drawing board and have to figure out how to replicate it without foam and duct tape.
>>
>>5853946
They did a comic where Jet Jaguar piloted Kiryu, now that shit was awesome. Dunno why the Japanese don't care about him, maybe they just see him as a lame Ultraman rip-off?
>>
File: 23_13831753790678.jpg (63KB, 540x267px) Image search: [Google]
23_13831753790678.jpg
63KB, 540x267px
>>5855883
>>5855897
The actual designs for Sentai mecha do get a lot of thought put into them. They're designed as toys, first, so they have to be created as physical objects. Of course, the live action versions are limited by budget and what can fit on a human suit actor.
Also, funny that you say Golion is alright but Daizyujin is horrible and cheap when Daizyujin is partly based on golion, anyway.

Now, what I find more in line with your thinking is all the 70's go Nagai SoC stuff. Uncle Go probably didn't expect these things to be remembered 30+ years later, let alone have 1,000 toys based on them.I've seen more complex and well designed robots in old political cartoons.
>>
>>5855985

Never realized the toys take priority but that makes perfect sense. I was going more by the fact that the show design too many liberties with the combination bits to the point where the SOC has to reinvent the wheel.

Golion is a low bar when all they have to do is ensure it's not as shit as the toynami. I only brought him up because anon above thought I was attacking this release for some reason.
>>
>>5855768
I dont know man, if you lurk too long after it goes for preorder you'll see this thing sell out and complain scalpers took them all
>>
>>5856000
Even for gundam they are designing the model kit or toy first before the story and characters
>>
File: 1446405788332.webm (668KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446405788332.webm
668KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>5854380
This is what I hope for. The terrible knees on the Legacy killed my mood for buying it. Granted, I would have displayed Dragon Caesar on my shelf as is. However, I would have actually played with him WAY less if I had to deal with those shitty knees on the Legacy Dragonzord every single transformation..

>>5854483
And this is what I worry about. I know Rangerboard and their ilk always talk about waiting a year for TRU to price cut the Legacy stuff before buying. Granted at times it was really justified.

Iirc the Legacy Thunder Megazord was about 2/3rds of what this will most likely cost, and the first batches of them shipped with weak shitty legs for the combined mech that couldn't hold the weight of the diecast and would bend forward as a result..
>>
>>5853045
nigga please, combining mecha is a hallmark of soul of chogokin sets, OF COURSE this thing combines
>>
File: 1471319106859.png (87KB, 206x273px) Image search: [Google]
1471319106859.png
87KB, 206x273px
>>5853100
>>
>>5855768
Shit, you're right! I completely forgot that Macross valks, 1/6 scaled figures, and Gokins were just delusional ravings of my addled mind.
>>
When do the preorders open ;__;
>>
>>5859523
Macross and Hot Toys collectors aren't cheap as fuck like PR collectors. Not all fanbases are the same.
>>
>>5859548
That's a lot of projection there, buddy.

Have you considered applying to a movie theater?
>>
>>5859551
>projection
I do not think that this word means what you think it means.
>>
>>5859560
>projecting your view onto a group of collectors
>"I do not think that this word means what you think it means."

yeah okay, bet you'll also retort by saying "its true that PR collectors are cheap" without stating a single verified source to back it up.
>>
>>5859551
Lurk most idiot.
>>
>>5859551
>PR collectors aren't cheap
Hello there new friend. Welcome to /toy/.
>>
File: GMCn34u.jpg (3MB, 4096x3072px) Image search: [Google]
GMCn34u.jpg
3MB, 4096x3072px
>>5854598
>make tons of cool 5 inch villains
>make a 6.5 inch line of nothing but rangers
Why would they do this? Even if they were to start making 6.5 inch villains they'd never reach anywhere close to what we've already gotten in 5 inch. Why couldn't they have simply made better sculpted/articulated 5 inch Rangers for the Legacy line? Don't they realize they're unnecessarily competing with themselves? Do they really think people are gonna buy both the 5 inch stuff and the 6.5 inch stuff? I'm sure some will, but most will probably pick one or the other.
>>
>>5859937
New series will get 5'' figures to fit into existing collections. People who want to be team completionists will go with the basic retail kids stuff. People who want quality will go for the 6'' stuff. some peoplew ill go for both.
>>
File: 22654612471_9185f61bab_c.jpg (127KB, 800x241px) Image search: [Google]
22654612471_9185f61bab_c.jpg
127KB, 800x241px
>>5859948
>The older fanbase begs for more villains
>Bandai makes more villains in 5 inch
>The older fanbase begs for old teams
>Bandai makes old teams in 6.5 inch
This is completely contradictory. If the older fanbase is buying the 5 inch toys and making big enough stink about them to get Poisandra made, why would you want to risk dividing that fanbase with a newly scaled line? The fans have wanted two things for years, old Rangers and more villains. Bandai is now making those things in incompatible scales, which is completely moronic and bound to lose them sales.

The MMPR:TM figures were a step in the right direction. The sculpting was significantly improved and the articulation was slightly better. They also came with all possible accessories. All Bandai needed to do was continue that trend with the 5 inch Legacy line and release the next team with improved sculpts and articulation. Instead they shit the bed on an oversized, villainless line that fits with nothing, and are favoring a pointless build a figure gimmick over essential accessories.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 510x829px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 510x829px
>>5860183
suck my dick >_<
>>
>>5860183
The idea is that all teams will get a 6'' release, in time. All the 5'' figures are pretty shit. You can argue that they could just make better 5'' figures, but then that basically means rebuying a bunch of Rangers already, or settling for old sub par ones. The only decent argument I've seen for sticking to 5'' is it matching up with old vehicles, but scale in PR toys has fluxuated so much that's dubious. And even then they're pretty cheap looking a lot of the time.

So I'd much rather have the nicer looking 6'' figures.
>>
File: m8pSdUW.jpg (3MB, 4096x3072px) Image search: [Google]
m8pSdUW.jpg
3MB, 4096x3072px
>>5860213
>You can argue that they could just make better 5'' figures, but then that basically means rebuying a bunch of Rangers already
And you're not doing that already in 6.5? I'd rather buy re-buy Rangers that are gonna fit in with preexisting villains/vehicles/accessories/playets than re-buy a bunch of Rangers who will fit in with NOTHING. They're even too big to look decent with other 6 inch lines.
>>
>>5860183
Here's the thing about the 6.5" Legacy figures: they (or more likely, corporate buyers) want to have something on the shelves in the same vein as Marvel Legends, Black Series, DC stuff, etc. to coincide with the movie. The presentation of a larger figure in a box reads as "collectibles" to casual fans, and believe me, the movie is going to bring in A LOT of casual fans. The type of people who want something more than Pop!-tier shit but are too insecure to buy "toys" like the basic 5" line. This is why they started with MMPR. They're not really intended for existing fans first and foremost. Yeah, there are also the Ninja Storm figures, but they're like Whirlwind in ML or Jango Fett in SW--a bone to keep people who were already collecting content so they can sell the latest slight variation on Cap or Rey to Johnny-come-latelies who want to show their friends what big "geeks" they are for enjoying popular mainstream movies.
>>
File: IMG_1468-615x640.jpg (81KB, 615x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1468-615x640.jpg
81KB, 615x640px
To further muddy the waters.

>Bandai mentioned Poisandra will be used to kick off a new line of figures that will see Bandai releasing characters from past seasons: popular characters who never made their way to shelves before.

Bandai has no idea what they're doing right now. The line sounds like a great idea, but to have that at 5 inch and Legacy Rangers at 6.5 inch is batshit crazy and will not end well. I foresee a Thundercats scenario where Bandai starts these Legacy figures at 6.5 before they realize they fucked up and backpedal to 5 inch. I mean you'd think they'd have learned their lesson from that debacle to not make shit in a dumb scale that doesn't fit with anything else.
>>
Let's assume it sells well enough for Bandai to make another one. What is the second most loved Megazord by PR fans? Real combining/transforming Megazord from another season though, I do assume that Dragon Caesar or whatever his PR name is would be the second release.
>>
>>5861662
Thunder megazord and white tigerzord easily.
>>
>>5861737
Good, those look cool.
>>
>>5859937 #
I like how when BoA first announced the new PR legacy figures, they went on to say how they would be able to scale with figuarts.

So they size them almost an inch too big and make them roided out.
>>
>>5860272
>Bandai mentioned Poisandra will be used to kick off a new line of figures that will see Bandai releasing characters from past seasons: popular characters who never made their way to shelves before.

This is awesome news if they stick to it. I needs me some Psycho Rangers.
>>
File: esa_fivepointfive_rita.jpg (28KB, 231x400px) Image search: [Google]
esa_fivepointfive_rita.jpg
28KB, 231x400px
>>5862101
>Psycho Rangers
As nice as it would be, I can't see Bandai making 5 inch versions of In Space villains when the In Space figures are gonna be 6.5. They probably just mean recent seasons, and maybe MMPR since the full team plus Zedd already got 5 inch figures. So for instance it would be a way to give us Super Megaforce Silver's Gold Mode, Lauren, some recent villains like Mavro and Vrak, etc. It would be my dream come true if we could finally get a 5 inch Rita like the one teased over 20 years ago, but the 6.5 inch line has dashed my hopes of ever seeing that come to fruition. Would kill for a 5 inch human Scorpina too.
>>
File: PMC5_Legacy_Figures_37.jpg (124KB, 1400x931px) Image search: [Google]
PMC5_Legacy_Figures_37.jpg
124KB, 1400x931px
Nice job Bandai
>>
>>5853423
And this will cost about$6000 to complete
>>
>>5867161
Dead tits.
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.