[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shopping In-Store

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (157KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157KB, 422x750px
I just started on Marvel Legends and was wondering if anybody physically shops? I'm a college sophomore and feel awkward as fuck strolling down the toy aisle, but I'm looking for Rogue without paying overpriced eBay fees. I bought a few online but went to Walmart at 6 AM and bought Scarlet Witch in the self-checkout.
>>
Look normalish and nobody gives a damn
>>
I try to, but there's a scalper in my area. No matter when I go to the store, they've already cleared out.
>>
>>5851993
are you a narcissist? no one cares about you or what you're doing. every action you make doesn't elicit a reaction from strangers
>>
>>5851993
Stop giving a fuck about what randoms think of what you're purchasing. Absolutely no one in the store cares.
>>
Thanks y'all, I guess I just needed the "You don't like it? You can go fuck yourself" reiteration. I hadn't been down the aisle since 2008 (5th/6th grade) for Star Wars figures, and I just started reading comics this year, so I guess I'm just having to get used to it all since I haven't had a reason to go there in years and it kind of felt like taboo.
>>
>>5851993
For all people know you are buying gifts for someone
>>
Kids play with vidya these days so there's proportionately more oldfags in the toy aisles
>>
I live in Southern Oklahoma and I almost exclusively shop IRL. I don't know how big of a city you're in but since I'm in a smallish city there's generally quite a bit to pick through. I got the new ML Deadpool and passed on the rest of the case, went back two days later and they were all still there. I found 4 Ashokas and 5 Jangos as well, super excited to loot through the next wave because I'm sure I'll have first pick on those as well. Shit's pretty cash, honestly.

22 year old Normalfag white guy here btw. Literally nobody gives a shit what you do, even here in the Bible belt.
>>
>>5851993
I prefer to shop in retail or conventions. Given all the QC issues out there, I'd rather pick the figures I buy myself.

I used to feel self conscious about it, but not anymore. I'll rarely get a few odd looks when I'm in the aisle and there's some mother with her kid in there, but for the most part, no one cares.

Self-checkout at Walmart or Target is pretty great if you're still feeling awkward about buying figures.
>>
>>5852070
This
Unless you spurg out they are likely just thinking you are buying it for someone else
>>
>>5856785
OP here, small world. I'm actually back home in OKC/Edmond from Boston for the Summer. Nothing but Odin Wave & Yellow Daredevil as far as the eye can see here (and a lone Kitty Pryde), but I feel a lot better knowing there's somebody else who does this around my age and area too.
I've been lurking around the last few days since my post, and sure 4chan isn't the best measurement for normal, but /toy/'s helping me realize that being some teen who's suddenly into comics and action figures isn't f'ed up in the slightest... Hell of a lot better value than all the alcohol for high school parties ever was.
Does anybody have store recommendations? Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys R Us don't have much stock to go around here, but I've heard that Walgreens & Gamestop usually aren't shopped over as much. Still can't find much there, but I've only gotten around to a few so far.
>>
>>5851993
No one cares OP, and if anyone does care they shouldn't. Toy collecting is more widely accepted than before just fyi.

I shop frequently around at stores since they usually have a good stock. Some toy lines though I just have no choice but to shop online. Good luck anon.
>>
Vintage Stocks are okay but worth checking out
>>
>>5856859
Whoops this was in response to >>5856851
>>
>>5856851
Wow, SUPER weird because I'm actually in OKC area too. I found a full case at the TRU across from the Quail Springs Super Target and another full case down in Lawton at one of the Walgreens. I usually go super early and since I travel around for work I get to visit a lot of places around this area. I'll try to let you know if I find one, leave me your email or whatever and I'll try to let you know if I find anything. I know every target I've been to so far has had at least a partial case, Walmarts not so much though.
>>
>>5856919
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I guess this email address will do: [email protected]
I'll try to check out the TRU tomorrow; I actually tried that Target the other day (where I saw Kitty).
>>
>>5857055
Shot you an email. Hopefully I can help another /toy/ soldier out.
>>
I buy legends and black series in store all the time. Nobody cares.
>>
>>5852044
just remember that parents pass through the toy aisles, by themselves. if kids go by themselves, employees may keep a closer eye on them.

some kids ive passed by are surprised by the fact that a grown man is looking through the toy aisle. but why wouldnt they be, right?
>>
>>5851993
stop being such a beta faggot. Are you ashamed of your hobby?
>>
>>5859612
not to mention most people will probably assume you're just buying them as a gift for a younger relative
>>
File: 1454795032887.jpg (124KB, 1000x878px) Image search: [Google]
1454795032887.jpg
124KB, 1000x878px
>>5856785
>>5856851
>>5856919
Oh damn, I'm 21 and I'm in Tulsa but it's pretty neat knowing there's other /toy/ soldiers in this state as well. Neat.
>>
>twf newfags will never experience buying toys in the era before the normie pop culture nerd overload
>>
>>5861128
>normie pop culture nerd overload is a new thing that hasnt happened yet
found the newfag
>>
OP, just play it cool in the toy aisle. Don't get all sperg-ish in looking for a figure on a peg and be very subtle in your body language. If you need to talk to a toy-aisle associate for any back room stuff or when a wave is to arrive, act calm and just keep your questions simple. Don't go on tangents about backstories for characters and such, and don't assume they know anything about the figures or franchises. The customer is always right but don't act all entitled or idiotic.

Do all that and you won't have to worry about odd looks for your behavior. Now, if you look like a stereotypical neckbeard...that's a different story.

CAPTCHA: A pole-dancer isn't 'food'
>>
>>5859612
Not really, just ashamed of being on the same board as you.
>>
>>5851993

Nobody cares, I've been shopping in store for like 20 years now.
>>
I order from a comic shop people in there might have spergers but they for the most part share common interests.
No worries about fighting over a batmobile with a child.
>>
Consider yourself lucky. My college is 10 minutes away form where I went to high school so I see former classmates all the time when I go to buy toys.. If I can do it, so can you.
>>
27 and i shop almost exclusively in physical retailers. stop being such a little bitch. i bet you feel ashamed when you eat out alone or go to the cinema alone. fucking twat.

here's why it's okay to go shopping in the real world. you get to go outside. where things move.

why are you so ashamed of yourself?
>>
>>5869279
>t. sweaty autist
>>
I'd buy retail if my stores actually had new shit. Still in Odin wave and Rhino wave floating around. Shit I saw Ultimate Spider Woman at Walmart like a week ago.
>>
>>5851993
You could go down that aisle wearing a bright spandex suit and a jester hat and still nobody would bother to give a fuck.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.