[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragonball Z Legacy Figures for the US market.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Dragon_Ball_Z_Legacy.png (197KB, 2048x632px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Ball_Z_Legacy.png
197KB, 2048x632px
BanDai America recent release of their Power Rangers line had me thinking that DBZ could be another line they should make. DBZ is about to celebrate the 20th anniversary of its first US airing and BanDai should be capitalizing on this. DBZ Kai is still airing and soon unfortunately Super will probably hit US TV. Sure SHF are already out there, but honestly the aftermarket prices are horrible and some you have to get a well connected Japanese friend to snag an online exclusive. Do you guys think there's enough interest in such a line? I mean there's a market for $25 collectible figures. And fans of DBZ are at that stage that they can afford them. But $200 for a Friezer fig might be a bit too much.
>>
No.
>>
You'll just get a bunch if elitist stalking about how they'd never touch a filthy subhuman American figure
>>
>>5851248
yup >>5851244
>>
They'd sell okay.

Just look at all the people who were excited about the figure rise models, and those looked horrid.
>>
>>5851297
Keep telling yourself.
>>
>>5851228
Honestly, all of the DBZ Figuarts get released in the US constantly, and never really suffer from aftermarket prices. You can still get Piccolo for a decent price if you know where to look.
>>
>>5851379
>and never really suffer from aftermarket prices.

Frieza, Saiyan Saga Vegeta, first release Trunks, and the androids all say hi.

>You can still get Piccolo for a decent price if you know where to look.

No shit? you know it's one of 5 or so regular releases which has gotten constant reissues? He has a reissue coming up again, I believe. Most DBZ Figuarts are web exclusives in Japan meaning they only get a single run in those exact colors. Any reissues we've seen of those have had altered colors.
>>
>>5851386
>Frieza, Saiyan Saga Vegeta, first release Trunks, and the androids all say hi.
Damnit, I keep forgetting about those guys. Trunks got a PC though.
>>
>>5851379
Really, I've never run across them while shopping at Target, Walmart, or TRU. SHF are more of a specialty shop figure than a mass retail figure.
>>
>>5851297
>T-they will look good you just have to paint them! I-I'll show you!
They were so fucking delusional holy shit
>>
If they tried to scale them to line up with Figuarts alright, I'd get the oddball characters that probably won't get Figuarts (Raditz, Bulma, Master Roshi). I'm in too deep with the SHF line to be willing to completely go for a different line.
>>
Actually I'm surprised they haven't done a line like this. I know tons of casuals who really want to collect the figuarts but just don't want to pay over $40 to do so, but if they had a similar quality/priced line to the new power rangers I'm sure they'd get them.

Though I don't think Bandai of America even has the DBZ license. BoA isn't automatically entitled to every Bandai license.
>>
>>5851507
Every single thing people complained about with the figuarts was worse on the models. I really don't know what those people were thinking.
>>
>>5851595
Model kit Vs SHF. Prepainted, pre-assembled if I even need to say that, and more than double the price. What were you expecting? And how is a bigger Figurerise Cell smaller than the SHF Cell? That was one of the complaints about Cell, wasn't it? And I don't have one of the model kits in hand yet but I'm pretty sure the "fabric" on the shoulder doesn't float in mid air, which was also a complaint about the Figuarts.
>>
>>5851647
>And how is a bigger Figurerise Cell smaller than the SHF Cell?

What are you talking about? I didn't participate in any discussion about the kits before so no idea what that's about. Did height information came out?

So what's wrong with the kits ? Besides people who didn't get them complaining how it looks from photos.
>>
File: cell kit.jpg (66KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
cell kit.jpg
66KB, 660x440px
>>5851770
Never mind I just saw this photo. Did someone said that before?
>>
>>5851647
I was expecting people to not act like those models were equivalent or superior to the SHF figures like they were.
>>
>>5851817
Looks pretty damn impressive desu.http://bandai-hobby.net/site/dragonball/build01.html
>>
>>5851405
Not THAT kind of US release, you dolt. Through places like Bluefin via Amazon, or even BBTS and other domestic distributors
>>
>>5851228
>and some you have to get a well connected Japanese friend to snag an online exclusive.
Every single exclusive has been imported and sold in NA by Bluefin. Not only that, but you could just order from a site that ships here regardless.
>>
People really think you need to order the SHFs online? Check Barnes and Noble. They usually have better prices than import stores anyway.
>>
>>5852093
I've picked up SSJ Goku and Gohan from them. Sadly they probably will never get Broly, Cell or Freiza.
>>
>>5852256
they had them. and they shelf warmed until scalpers noticed the aftermarket price while B&N still had them for cheap
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.