[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things you hate in this hobby

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 6

File: 14994071986_92827e964d_b[1].jpg (109KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
14994071986_92827e964d_b[1].jpg
109KB, 1024x680px
>someone receives a new toy and wants to review it or simply take a few pictures of it in action
>Iron Man pose every fucking time

>someone receives a new toy with articulated fingers
>flipping the bird or rock signs pics 100% guaranteed

>Transformers review
>guy didn't memorize the transformation

>toy review
>"it's not the official configuration but I like it better that way"
>never shows the official configuration

>toy review
>"here's the size comparison with something completely unrelated none of you owns"

>redeco / slight retool upgrading a previous toy comes out
>completely new toy with 100% better mold announced 2 weeks after release

>removing plastic tray cover
>accessories and small parts flying everywhere in the room

>FUCKING PAINTED JOINTS AND RUBBING PARTS
>>
>>5850469

>Toy reviewers with shitty opening themes with stupid graphics

>Toy reviewers with stupid skits that they think is funny

>Bicep curl arms

>collectors who take themselves way way waaaaaay too seriously

>Elitist collectors who think they are better than everyone else

>Collectors who shit on you for liking something that they don't like
>>
Sounds like you got a barbed stick up your ass.
>>
>>5850469
>con exclusive, especially SDCC shit that more often than not should just be a re-release of an existing figure
>people actually trying to justify anything being a con exclusive

Fucking shitters ruining an entire hobby. Want a more accurate Broly figure? Eat shit, better live in some shithole in Cali or you'll never see it for a decent price.

Want a decent TM2 Megatron, something people have been pining for for years? Fuck you, $800 con exclusive.

Etc.
>>
>>5850478
Oh look, it's a pop collector.
>>
The Iron Man pose, while overused as fuck, is good because it displays a lot of the poseability of the figure.
>"here's the size comparison with something completely unrelated none of you owns"
This I absolutely agree, though. At least show a size comparison with a fucking battery, pop can, or something.
>>5850517
>Want a decent TM2 Megatron, something people have been pining for for years? Fuck you, $800 con exclusive.
That TM2 Megatron was always intended to be a convention exclusive, though. Just took years for it to finalize.

As for the $800 part, that's an aftermarket issue.
>>
>>5850529
Wat
>>
Poorfags that whine about prices
This hobby is not a charity
You gotta pay if you wanna play
Maybe start collecting candy wrappers or sumthin
God poor people make me sick
>>
>>5850532

Still ruins the hobby. I don't even like BW or give a shit about TM2 Megs, but just seeing how retarded shit is makes me mad that people think any of it justified. Is this the beaten housewife syndrome of /toy/?

"He con exclusives me because he loves me"?
>>
>>5850517
Why do you think you should get to have everything you want?
>>
>>5850537
I get that shit costs money, but the prices of some of this shit is way to high most of the time.

3rd party TFs that start at like $100 when the masterpeice will come out a few months later at half that price bug me

"New" companies that think there new robot model is worth $400 + when they are new to the market release no prototypes, and then are never heard of after they make ONE toy.

GOOD things are worth money, BUT 70% are not good they are passable.
>>
>>5850538
I don't even understand what the fuck you're trying to say.
>>
>>5850551
>3rd party TFs that start at like $100 when the masterpeice will come out a few months later at half that price bug me

The usual excuse here is "But but muh scale of economics". Which is in part, true. Still, MMC's shown that you don't need to price fucking everything $100+.
>>
>>5850549
Yes! I'm entitled to stuff I want.
I want it, I must have it.
That's how winners think.
>>
>>5850478
>the first two
Boy you'd hate Shartimusprime
>>
>>5850590
He probably does.
>>
>>5850569
>MMC's shown that you don't need to price fucking everything $100+
They mostly shown that they could sell a scout for 60.
>>
>>5850537
This, but at the same time people who don't question high prices are part of the problem as well.
>>
>>5850500
Sounds like you're the exact type anon was pointing out.
>>
the acba shit

it is the highest possible level of faggotry
>>
>Reviewing the box of a retail toy

>The reviewer's face or any other body part

>Inserting his/her personal opinion

>Ugly fingers/fingernails

>Can't pronounce the toy's name right

And all this: >>5850478
>>
>>5850469
>toy review
>"here's the size comparison with something completely unrelated none of you owns

I know he doesn't always do it and /toy/ hates his fucking guts, but I like how TJOmega uses a Coke can for scale. One of the only good things about that shithead. Along with the following:
>toy review
>focuses on packaging for half the fucking review

The only times he's done that were for a couple DX Toku toys who's boxes were either massive and the size alone was showcased and then he moved right on to the toy or the box was intended to be as much of a collectors piece as the toy inside.

So that's 2 positives in his favor, too bad it doesn't cancel out all the other shit wrong with the twat, like knocking down a kid just so he could get his greasy manchild hands on a new release or how much he shills his sick grandma.
>>
>>5850842
Only time I enjoy packaging in a review is Thew, who usually only talks about it for 30 seconds or so to say "it's goddamn pretty" or crack a joke... or it's a Knockoff Beatdown, where half the fun of a knockoff is the goofy packaging.
>>
>>5850478
>>Bicep curl arms
Wat
>>
>>5850908
If you don't collect transformers it's probably alien to you, since its the only fucking toyline that pulls that shit. Basically its arms without a wrist joint where the hand is placed so the palm would face out(like if you where to touch your shoulders). So if you want them holding a gun or a sword it'll either face sideways, or only be able to be pointed inward.
>>
>>5850914
Ah, thanks for the explanation. That does sound like a pain, and pretty lazy in modern toy design.
>>
>>5850469
posts like these
>>
I would say scalpers but that mostly applies to normal shit you'd find in retail locations. More and more online stores are selling, say, Hasbro figures at MSRP. I've all but stopped collecting Transformers and the like, so preordering whatever on HLJ alleviates what used to be the biggest headache in collecting.
>>
>>5850837
>Want to check out review of new figures out
>Find one new video for it
>It's just the guy with the box on a table
>Talks for 5 minutes, never opens it, "From what I can see, it looks pretty good!"

What's the fucking point? If I wanted to look at it in the box, I can go online. I want to see the articulation and get a full 360 view of what the retail version looks like
>>
>>5850469
>>5850478

>any reviewer that isn't Type V3
>>
File: mickey mouse happy merchan.jpg (27KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
mickey mouse happy merchan.jpg
27KB, 500x324px
video reviews

takes 10x longer to see someone slowly review something and the quality of the images has gone down because of it.

Kids today are more illiterate than ever.
>>
People who do nothing but bitch and moan about how other people review and/or enjoy their toys
>>
>But from BST
>bro prices
>now expect those everywhere else
>>
>>5851533
Same shit with video game walkthroughs / collectathon guides.

Why do i have to scrub through 45 minutes of shit to find a collectable I missed instead of just ctrl+f-ing it.

Fuck youtube, fuck fast internet connections.
>>
>american reviewer trying to pronounce a japanese "e"
>>
>>5850469

> Toy has moving mouth.
> Queue shitty lipsync with stupid voice.
>>
>>5850569
>scale of economics
Who the hell taught you business?
>>
>>5850469
>>Iron Man pose every fucking time
Well, the iron man pose is a simple pose that requires a decent amount of articulation to perform, pretty base line test.
>>
>>5851535
>no one is aloud to complain
>it triggers me

This is why shitty reviewers exist, because no one is aloud to tell them they're shit, no one is allowed to say which are decent to watch, and we can't have an opinion on someone else's opinion even though they're using facts that are (half the time) wrong.

Go back to whatever hugbox spawned you foul child
>>
>>5850574
Whiners* there fixed that for you.
>>
>>5851535
>I do everything mentioned ITT and it's my RIGHT as a real woman born a male body. Please vote Hilary.
>>
>>5850837
>Inserting his/her personal opinion

Well it's their opinion and they're the ones doing the review. If you don't want your safe space to get ruined better just buy the toy yourself without reading/watching reviews and opinions or you can just not be a big pussy about it. It's like their opinion man, it won't bite.
>>
>>5852171
Fuck off Optibotimus
>>
>>5852171
Jeez, who pinched your tit?

Its not that I don't want their take on the toy, because its their review, I fucking now that, shit-for-brains, but when its a "this character is shit" or "this isn't a figuarts" when reviewing a marvel legends kind of thing. I thought I shouldn't explain the obvious, but hey, that always that moron.
>>
>sorry i'm holding it for someone
>i can pay right now though
>hmmmmmm no
>>
>scour internet for a deal
>find one
>website is abandoned
>>
>>5852503
Wow, you're a fucking sperg.

>"I'm holding it for someone"
>HURR BUT I HAS MONEY
>"But I'm holding it for someone. Giving it to you just because you have the money would mean breaking my word with the other person."
>HURRR LOL U DUMB

Kys
>>
>>5852503
>its the sellers fault that I wasn't fast enough!
>>
>>5852728
>my word
>over literal money
what are you, a faggot shounen protagonist? you don't pay for things with honour and promises
>>
>>5852736
Who cucked you this badly into cunthood?
>>
>>5852736
You act as if the guy he's holding the figure for isn't going to pay him.
>>
>>5852736
Come on, its the right thing to do and you know it. Just because we're "on 4chan and we have to be the scum of the internet" doesnt mean we screw each over
>>
>>5852170
>Complaining about something istantly makes you an SJW cisgender thingamaboob and also votes Hilary, because WE REAL TRANSPHOBIC MEN VOTE TRUMP
>>
>>5852867
You indirectly complained about EVERYTHING you dumb shit. Kill yourself seriously.
>>
>>5852102
>Americans who can't be arsed to learn Japanese pronunciation when reviewing Japanese toys.
>>
>dirty fingernails

Spot on. Completely unacceptable. If you're gonna show something off at least do it properly.
>>
Is this the new Transformers general?
>>
>>5850478
>Toy reviewers with stupid skits that they think is funny

These people deserve death.
>>
>Marvel Legends joint pins being the wrong color. Namely every Spider-Man Hasbro has done in the last few years
>Bandai not selling exclusives to baka gaijin
>The price of figures continuing to rise while simultaneously reducing accessory counts
>No more Sentai figuarts
> Seemingly random re-releases ignoring aftermarket prices/fan outcry
>Finding room to actually display everything you want
>Having to chase the mailman down every month because he's too lazy to ring the bell
>>
File: ok.jpg (60KB, 582x314px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
60KB, 582x314px
>>5850537
>>
>>5851459
Wow. Is there such kind of a toy review that never opened the box and never shows the toy inside?

That seems pointless.
>>
>>5853757
Sorry I can't remember as it was awhile ago but I wanted to see some new TMNT stuff as it just came out and the video I found was a guy with them all boxed up. He just rambled on and zoomed in on the box (bad lighting so there was glare and couldn't see shit). I still don't know why that guy thought it was a good idea.
>>
>>5850537
>Poorfags that whine about prices

Anyone who does this in the buy sale trade thread should be shot. But it's been going on since forever.
>>
>>5850469
>someone receives a new toy with articulated fingers
>flipping the bird or rock signs pics 100% guaranteed

Oh come on, don't pretend this isn't important information.
>>
>>5853867
You must be at least 18 to post here.
>>
>>5852166
I agree with you anon, but I just wanna nazi here:
>aloud
It's allowed.
>>
>>5853725
>Namely every Spider-Man Hasbro has done in the last few years
Not trying to defend, but in the case of Spider-Man doesn't he always have different colors on the inside and outside of the elbow area? Not the pin, but the surrounding plastic.
>>
>>5853796
Probably he would have bought them for the sake of selling and made the video just to show off. Reminds me of a person I use to know. Buys toys that are hot then later sells them triple the price.

I didn't like the person for being a poser. Bought all the Figma Black Rock Shooters and months later sold them and a couple of years he said he doesn't like women characters. Now he's sucking on battle shounen sausage statue shit.

Huh. That's one thing I didn't like about this hobby. Meeting posers who are scalper scum.
>>
Post good reviewers.
>>
>>5854326
you start
>>
>>5850469
what does that even mean
>>
>>5852736
Youre whats wrong with the world
>>
>>5854412
Newfriend detected. Welcome to /toy/
>>
>>5850469
>using the term 'adult' for toys (ex. Adult Fans of Lego)

>reviewing figures for the sake of it, not knowing anything about the figures
I know a reviewer that buys blind bag/box crap just to brag about getting chase variants. Speaking of-

>include chase figures that are stupid hard to get
>the chase figures are not variants of more common figures

>taking toy collecting very seriously, like leaving all the figures in boxes or in mint packaging
I'll admit I save the boxes on some figures, or even leave some in the box, but that's a very rare occasion, less than 1% of my collection is like that.

>make a line of figures
>only make good guys
>don't make the full team

>add on goofy gimmicks which can't be removed to otherwise solid figures
>>
>>5854514
>>taking toy collecting very seriously, like leaving all the figures in boxes or in mint packaging

You know what's taking toys even more seriously? Submitting that post you just made.
>>
>>5853619
Kek. I was wondering the same thing.
>>
>>5854679
They're toys though. They aren't meant to be stored in boxes or collect dust. You have to enjoy yourself with the hobby otherwise it starts to lose meaning. Maybe some do enjoy seeing the toys in packaging, but I'll never understand why.
>>
>when people hamfist the toy in reviews
>when people have annoying or "funny" intros in a review video
>when people leave everything in the box and/or never actually olay around with the toy they bought
>when people take toy collecting wayyyyyy too seriously
>when people circlejerk
>repaints of old things
>crappy paint application
>stickers
>>
>>5850517
Mfw got a sdcc Broly for only 90
>>
this might not be a very prevalent problem but
>buy from a small online store
>fair price
>unreasonably long processing time
>>
File: 1469683513458.png (135KB, 537x347px) Image search: [Google]
1469683513458.png
135KB, 537x347px
Not really something I hate, but just something that kind of baffles me.

Why is it that a lot of action figure sites like Fwoosh or any given GI Joe site are so weirdly G-rated? There's something kind of surreal about thirty year old grown men talking about how a toy Batman "kicks butt".
>>
>>5858433
Because they assume children might be reading their website about children's toys
>>
>>5858448
God damn do I hate censorship. It's a website. Hgaf
>>
>>5850469
>shitters hamhanding their toy who later claimed the toy was broken right out of the box
> toy reviewers who speak with irritating tone/stutter, show their face in the reviews or have godawful personal hygiene
> slowpoke shitters who make new threads about a new toy without checking the catalog/ posting in the respective toy general
>painted joints
>shitty hip joints on female character figures
>poorfags who post only to bitch and moan ad infinitum
>>
>untrimmed fingernails
looking at you, literally every southeast asian reviewer
>>
>>5858433
Not everyone curses in their head 24/7. Plus if you're around kids a lot mincing oaths becomes second nature.
>>
>>5854326
High production values
>Vangelus
>Thew

Quick and dirty, but watchable
>Peaugh
>DosmRider

Those are all the ones I know
>>
The other collectors being any more opinionated than "i like this ", just because you do not like oit does not mean NOBODY should.
>>
Prices.
>inb4 poorfag
>>
Hasbro fan boy turds complaining about 3rd party prices becouse they can't afford it on thier autism welfare.
>>
>>5859338
Entitled poorfag
>>
>>5859153
Love me some Thew, he's the only reviewer that I'll just binge some videos from time to time.

Vangelus is great too, but I do wish he'd quit the stop motion skits. There just isn't anything cringier.
>>
>>5850538
>Still ruins the hobby
he collects 5 point StarWas
>>
>>5850469
is a hero pose done way before IM you knob
>>
>>5859383
Jin Sodomy in a nutshell.

>that, and he's a religious nut who believes myth is real, he's a right-wing bigot, and he harasses people if they hurt his baby feelings, plus he's a furry pedophile who stalks anti-pedos.
>>
>>5858582

Yeah, I can get not swearing, but it's more than that. I notice that a lot of figure reviews I find are written like they're meant for kids. They have that sort of ultra-peppy, mildly condescending children's show host kinda tone.
>>
>>5851530
Does V3 do an Iron Man pose with all his stuff (if it can pull it off)?

(I like his stuff for the record)
>>
>>5850537
For me at least, it's whining that's the problem. It's okay to not have enough money for all the silly plastic luxury toys you might want. That's fine. Almost no one in the world has enough money for everything they'd want.
But bitching about money at every turn? That gets annoying fast. And what's the point of the bitching anyway? No one listening can lower the costs.

The worst part is that it makes actually talking about the price of things in a sensible way difficult. It's hard to try to say that you feel something is overpriced when people will just assume you're one of the people who think everything should be $10. Much like other things, extremists really spoil the ability to talk about things sensibly.
>>
>>5852119
Maybe he's not an native English speaker or just unfamiliar with the term. I assume he means "economies of scale".
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.