[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers General - Let's not even pretend they actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 381
Thread images: 72

File: 1470875507808.jpg (198KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470875507808.jpg
198KB, 1080x1080px
Old thread >>5847917

New Megatron.

...what.
>>
>>5849455
To be fair, by the time G1 Megatron was
Dery-ized he didn't look like he could transform into anyting, either.

And not to sound like HURR G1, I also want to say him actually having a Fusion canon mounted on his arm is a nice addition. He may not look like any existing Megatron much, but as far as Decepticon leader designs this is a good step forward. Its not overtly monsterous like the first two movies, it looks more dignified and "heroic"(in the artistic sense of the term)
>>
>>5849465

I mean I like it, but I also like being able to tell what the robots turn into. I guess I'm glad they're going for more humanoid designs now, but it's going to make the toys very, very shell formery. Age of Extinction Galvatron was already bad enough in that regard.

There really hasn't been an outstanding movie-verse Megatron toy yet - at least not on the same level as Revenge of the Fallen Leader Prime. I think the best we ever got was the Dark of the Moon Voyager that turned into the tanker? That's a pretty good toy.
>>
So, uh that anon who had the headmaster head stuck in the port, how'd you get it out? Because the same thing happened to my Sentinel Prime, though it wasn't put in sideways it's just tight as fuck.
>>
File: test .jpg (49KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
49KB, 600x450px
Interesting, seems like UW superion is back up on hlj, should I hold off on computron in hopes of a sale?

>>5849491
I had my skull cruncher stuck sideways, I unscrewed the chest so I could slide the head out, another anon mentioned he used pliers to rip it out but you'd need to grab the actual head and not the balljoint to TRY to avoid damage.

If you can force the connectors apart with something that could help too
>>
>>5849455
Megatron?! I thought he was Galvatron now. Frank Welker's still coming back though, right?
>>
>>5849479
>>5849465
Hopefully we can get something gpod this time. I wonder how good the Voyager Optimus will be though, so I can spare the effort of having to buy the leader. Then again, if the leader is ROTF Prime 2.0, it could be worth checking out as well.
>>
>>5849455
MORE LIKE MEGULTRON LEL
>>
>>5849455
Sick guitar
>>
>>5849500
I was able to wiggle it out with my fingers, now I just have to search for it since it flew across the room.

Yay.
>>
What if Megatron is the three-headed dragon?
>>
>>5849455
Name fuckery aside I think this is the best looking Megs outside of 3. Mostly because he looks like an entirely cyber Cyberdemon with those side horns.
>>
File: test .jpg (276KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
276KB, 2048x2048px
Honest question, who here bought titan returns blaster?

I seen it in person, and the mold is nice, my issue is the grey, its an odd color, and the fact its injected with glitter (visible in pic related) makes it horrible to look at, if they used the same grey as on the original toy I'd of bought it over the takara legends version.

So, was anyone ok with glitter legs?
>>
>>5849455
I think it looks cool. Movie's gonna be shit, but at least the designs are neat.
>>
>>5849558
Personally I have hopes it will be better than 2, so at least the third best.
>>
>>5849384
>- All three original Decepticon Triplechangers are confirmed. Rumor is of a Broadside. Could Springer and Sandstorm be possible? THose two would likely be remolds of each other

The Voy line is triple changers, but they are putting characters who traditionally aren't triple changers in there such as G1 Galvatron and Alpha Trion. So we might get something weird for Wave 5/6 aside from Broadside/Tidal Wave.
>>
>>5849571
Technically, the g1 galvatron toy was a triplechanger, he turned into a hand gun, granted it looks like a fan mode but it gave place for the pylon at the back

Alpha trion is OC in nature, and whatever he's retooled into shall share the same fate
>>
>>5849544
I'm counting on it. Clawed feet, what looks like folded uo wings, general style...

Actually kind of okay with this. If only because Dark Souls Megatron after the Dinobots went in that direction.
>>
>>5849571
And Galvatron and Alpha Trion have suspicious not been remolded/recolored yet so we might get their remolds for final wave.
>>
>>5849582
>Alpha trion is OC in nature, and whatever he's retooled into shall share the same fate

Actually there is one thing I have been told wouldn't been too OC as a remold for him: Victory Leo (minus the combining thing).
>>
>>5849588
Indeed "minus the who combining thing", and the ship mode doesn't work.

Even Leo prime seems odd both proportionally (one lion head not a half on each shoulder) and transformation wise (the space ship ain't gonna work).

I'm still working him out, nothing conventional screams out at me
>>
>>5849544
The dragon is bayverse Unicron. Hot rod is in the movie, and bee is getting a solo, because you know who doesn't make it out alive
>>
>>5849455
Well at least we got the fusion canon for the first time in the movies. No the lobster claw doesn't count.

But what the flying fuck is he supposed to be? He could very well be anything, just look at Galvatron, who bears no resemblance to his alt mode in any way.
>>
File: ultron.jpg (22KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
ultron.jpg
22KB, 600x316px
>>5849455
Copy cat
>>
>>5849571
Who could G1 Galvatron possibly be remolded into? One mode is too unique, the other mode is too shit to be used by anyone. I mean, maybe you can get an Energon Megatron, or possibly a toy accurate Galvatron. But my bet is aside from exclusive stuff, Galvatron will be one of the few completely unique molds.
>>
>>5849615
>Implying anyone would ever want to copy that shitty design
>>
>>5849618
What about Shockwave?
>>
File: 26734242451_d3da899d90_o.png (4MB, 2084x2296px) Image search: [Google]
26734242451_d3da899d90_o.png
4MB, 2084x2296px
>>5849628
He stays dead.
>>
File: sddsdsfdsf.png (190KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
sddsdsfdsf.png
190KB, 480x480px
>>5849628
Forgot pic...
>>
>>5849640
Maybe? I guess that's really the only option, but even that doesn't seem like the best. Maybe it'll have quite a bit of retooling like Highbrow from Scourge.

Well Shockwave, or Galvatron will be repainted into Arcee as we keep seeing around here.
>>
>>5849647
>Well Shockwave, or Galvatron will be repainted into Arcee as we keep seeing around here

Huh?
>>
>>5849596
>and the ship mode doesn't work.

the ship mode is pretty close to the toy's. Just one big blob with a tower jutting out. Just replace the swords with guns.
>>
>>5849660
It's a terrible meme around here since Arcee is a literal tranny in IDW.
>>
>>5849666
Ah.
>>
>>5849544

"We'll call him Triplecon, the 3 headed heroic leader Autobot that Optimus has to fight because eat shit, I'm Micheal Bay. He also turns into a catapult and a rustic village manor."
>>
>>5849634
This shit pissed me off so much when I saw it. Too fucking lazy to make a new model I swear.
>>
>>5849555
My bigger issue is the hollow and frumpyness of the legs
That and short of Soundblaster or Nucleon none of the TMs are at the right eye length for the visor to look right. Not even Twincast the one he comes with lines up right with the helmet's visor
>>
>>5849455

Between Megatron and Barricade, it seems like the Bay films are starting to take design inspiration from the Prime TV series. Not that it looks any more believable now, but I guess I prefer twisty panels over thunderfucked scrapmetal shards.
>>
>>5849500
>should I hold off on computron in hopes of a sale?

Superion never went on sale. Computron is still on Order Stop.

Yeah, go ahead and wait for a sale
>>
>>5849555

Bought'em, love'em. Owned G1 Blaster as a kid, and at this point you're being nitpicky. If you think the Takara will be more faithful, buy that one. But I think this does a great job at being an updated Blaster, and also has a base mode if you don't want him sitting around in boombox mode.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>5849705
Forgot pic
>>
Hey, what's happening my peoples. Emgo here, the freaking geek himself and today I'll be sucking my own farts through my urethra.
>>
>>5849618

Didn't the rumors say we're getting that white/blue colored Galvatron (Armada is it?). Thats probably what you're getting.
>>
File: GottaShitpostFastWork.jpg (433KB, 1600x889px) Image search: [Google]
GottaShitpostFastWork.jpg
433KB, 1600x889px
>>5849716
>>
>>5849618
You are assuming they won't retool the canon or the cockpit.
Hell looking at what they are willing to do in terms of retooling they might make Broadside out of him.
>>5849628
>>5849640
the only reason I doubt this is the head would look very stupid thanks to the fact it has to match a universal style which would just make the head mode a frameless eyeball
>>5849718
That be Energon Megaton
>>
>>5849582
It had a fucking trigger that activated laser fire sounds.
It was a good way of selling the idea that it was still megatron. Not a full triple changer, true, but clearly not an afterthought
>>
Does anyone have good base fanmodes for TR Sentinel Prime and Galvatron?
>>
>>5849727
Oh, that's a pretty cool use of the that stupid revo effect part.
>>
File: Voyager Galvatron RM.jpg (213KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Voyager Galvatron RM.jpg
213KB, 1500x1500px
Is TR Galvatron really that bad?

It LOOKS pretty bad, but it also seems to be the number-1 fanmoded Transformer released this year. I've seen some people do some really great things with it, especially getting rid of the retarded headmaster gimmick.
>>
>>5849751
hollow points all over and the fact that it's not a Triple changer so much as it has a canon mode and a canon mode with a cockpit.
The mask is awful and even with mods it's still a far cry from good quality. The arms are bad both in visuals and posing them. The canon is either to big or his arms are to small.
He makes Sentinel Prime look like the better option all around.
>>
>>5849751
No, he's fine. 3rd parties are inevitably gonna put out something to make the head look better so you probably won't even need to mod it.
>>
>>5849749

It works really well with just about any vehicle or low flying craft, or missiles or whatever.
>>
>>5849751
The competition is just better and less hollow.
>>
>>5849751

As a figure he's fine,on par with other of his price point/size class, but the mask just kills the look of his face.
>>
>>5849618
Thunderwing or Straxus.
If you give the jet mode proper wings and replace the canon with a small jet, its thunderwing mode pretty easily. Replace the tank treads with paws and add back legs and it'll be a beast mode. Similar remolding level as blurr to triggerhappy or scourge to highbrow.
Straxus could be the opposite. Similar canon mode but more of a battle station. Jet mode stays weak.
>>
>>5849751
It's pretty shitty. I don't hate it but I certainly am not in love. I like him better if I forget he is supposed to have the headcrest
>>
>>5849751
Im having great fun with him. Fan modes for him are great and the hollow forarms are a fairly small complaint. His hollow legs are properly covered
>>
>>5849455
So apparently that 3-headed dragon is his alt mode....
>>
File: 28183857433_16394d0def.jpg (84KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
28183857433_16394d0def.jpg
84KB, 500x375px
>>5849767
Shapeways already has some options from helmets to entire new heads, but they don't solve the headmaster problem.
>>
>>5849783
Wow

These are going to make some either amazing or godawful toys.
>>
>>5849788
What problem is that? That it's all grey?
>>
File: 001__scaled_600.jpg (288KB, 600x715px) Image search: [Google]
001__scaled_600.jpg
288KB, 600x715px
Likelihood of Takara releasing Scrounge on his own? I almost want to get the Takara and Hasbro Computrons so I can have Scrounge and the new gestalt parts.
>>
>>5849770
And three times the price, so it better be.
>>
>>5849790

The latter. Nothing good ever comes of Bayshit.
>>
>>5849770
Too bad it also has gorilla arms and is 3x the price
>>
>>5849804
Except for, you know. RotF Leader Optimus and HftD Leader Starscream.
>>
>>5849783
Source nigger
>>
>>5849806
And the Titans one has small hollow arms.The pros outweigh the cons for MK. Especially when the Titans one has so many more problems.
>>
>>5849807

A good toy of a terrible design aesthetic is still a bad overall toy. You could give a turd 100 points of articulation and world class paint jobs, but it'll still be shit.
>>
>>5849813
Your opinion is noted.
>>
>>5849810
Nah, gorilla arms look retarded.
>>
>>5849810
>And the Titans one has small hollow arms
Small? I'd say they're too long.
>>
>>5849810
I see no major issues with the hollow arms. And at least he has shortr arms because they're double jointed. At least he has realistically functional elbows and isn't an overpriced turd. He's just a turd
>>
>>5849791
that the alt mode isn't all-inclusive thanks to the titan master.
>>
>>5849791
No, that he just doesn't have a normal head that flips into his chest instead of a dumb gimmick.
>>
>>5849820
And small hollow arms don't? I think I found the Hasbro shill here.
>>
>>5849808
the suggestion is that A) Megatron has been a multi headed dragon before and B) Megatron's left shoulder seems to be a dragon head
and C) the 3 dragons appear to be being created in the poster, assembled in almost a 3d printer way, which could just be the new visual for the weird transformations.

I'm not in that camp at all.

I think it's pretty obvious this is just "knight" megatron (and possibly a flashback).
He looks extremely similar to the dinobots from 4, and silver knight optimus.
Now it's possible that a similar situation with Megatron obtaining a weapon that unlocks his knight form, but if I had to guess, since he went by galvatron before, and this megs face is VERY similar to the first movie face (those jawbones, only color is red eyes, cybertronian writing), that this is a flashback
I am looking forward to the toys this time around, and I wonder if the poor sales last movie might have contributed to these redesigns.
>>
>>5849838
>headmaster
>dumb gimmick
Pick one
>>
>>5849776
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Straxus. Yeah, I could see him getting another toy. Especially since he's already received one in the past, and the fact that there is a new Blaster out, and finally a Scrounge, now would be the perfect time to release another Straxus. And being a headmaster would at least kinda fit, because in the UK comics, wasn't he just a head for a period?
>>
>>5849846
>thinking that HM Galvatron isn't dumb and unnecessary

Literally Stockholm Syndrome.
>>
>>5849783
What 3 headed dragon?

Looking at the bot mode, there's absolutely no trace of any sort of...well anything, let alone a dragon. At least the dinobots had some sort of hint of dino alt modes in the robot modes.
>>
>>5849879
The horn on his left shoulder, and the skirt he's wearing which could be wings. I don't believe he's turning into it, but I think that's what people are getting at. He'll probably have some mangled mode like the first 2 movies, maybe a tank.

>At least the dinobots had some sort of hint of dino alt modes in the robot modes.
To be fair, this isn't really a good argument as AoE had so many characters that it wasn't visible what kind of alt mode they had. Galvatron, Lockdown, Optimus, none of them had anything that showed what their alt mode was.
>>
Has anyone else noticed that TR Galvatron has an abandoned seat for Nucleon while in canon mode?
>>
>>5849533

Not a guitar you putz
>>
>>5849888
>To be fair, this isn't really a good argument as AoE had so many characters that it wasn't visible what kind of alt mode they had
This is true. But if that Megatron bot mode somehow turns into a 3 headed dragon with basically no kibble to give it away...then this just proves that designers (or whatever they're called) give zero shits about Transformer character design. I mean...AoE should have already made that sort of clear, but damn...
>>
>>5849455
Are they going for an Action Masters thing with this?
>>
>>5849864
yeah, plus his transformation is really amazingly similar to galvatron.
>>
>>5849751

It's fine. Haven't regretted getting mine
>>
>>5849898
Yeah, I hear you. But even with that in mind, I don't think Megatron is the dragon. Especially because the dragon doesn't look complete, it looks like it's some cloud thing, like the dumb LEGO transformations the vehicons had. Plus it'd probably be pretty big, so I don't imagine Megatron would turn into it, so to keep him around the same size as Prime.

One thing I do question is I wonder what say Hasbro has in the designs, as it almost looks like they don't really have much, as a lot of these look very difficult to translate into a toy form.
>>
>>5849905
Yeah, it wouldn't take much remolding. Just a bit of the chest and the knees. The only thing I'd really want though is instead of getting a cannon in robot mode, the cannon part actually transforms into a large axe, that'd be cool.

>>5849751
He's fine with the headmaster gimmick too, the only bad thing is the dumb mask, honestly. But I've gotten used to it. Personally though, I just think Sentinel is a better figure. But Galvatron certainly isn't crap, and it definitely is the best Galvatron to date.
>>
>>5849793
That paintjob really looks like shit compared to Cosmos. But I'll wait for it just because these CW sets have been going on massive sales. Vicky wasn't that long ago and is already available for cheap.
>>
Titan Returns is neat. Just the fact that I can recreate my characters from Fall of Cybertron AND attach better-looking torsos and alt-modes to official characters is worth the price of admission alone.

It's just too bad the Headmasters themselves have to look so shitty.
The fucking McDonald's Happy Meal large fries Transformer I had as a kid is higher quality than these things.
>>
>>5849962
>titans return
>foc
What the fuck are you high on?
>>
>>5849965
I just mean, I can take a tank body, bang a Megatron head on it, and get a half-decent approximation of a FoC multiplayer character.
>>
>>5849962
>It's just too bad the Headmasters themselves have to look so shitty
Gee, maybe that has something to do with the fact that they're smaller than they've ever been, and that it costs money to paint on these tiny ass things? I don't get why this concept escapes people.
>>
>>5849972
I get WHY they're shitty, doesn't mean I have to like it.
>>
>>5849968
You know we had an FOC line back in 2012 right?
>>
>>5849973
But if you get why they're shitty, and still complaining about it, that's just as bad as the people who complain about deluxes needing to have masterpiece-tier engineering and articulation. There was never going to be a way to make the titan masters look good, especially considering they're either meant to be in head mode, or tucked away in someone's cockpit.
>>
Can anybody link me the Thew "always drinking" video?
>>
>>5849979
They didn't have customizable bodies.
>>
>>5849986
By that logic you should be creaming over Construct-bots since those are nothing but customization
>>
>>5849455
>it was at this point Hasbro just said "fuck it" about trying to make screen accurate toys
>>
>>5849618
Energon Cartoon colors.

I will assume that Galvatron was the one mold they said "fuck it" and made knowing there would be no remold/retool of in terms of the designers earmarking a portion of their budget for one mold that will have ZERO retooling potential.
>>
>>5849991
I just think Titans Return is neat, that's all.
>>
>>5849992

It's hard to make a toy out of walking random metal shards glued together without theme or purpose.
>>
Where do I start with transformers toys? I have four from when i was younger all in ok to bad condition, I did research and turns out I have ratbat, acid storm, springer, and roadbuster all from the universe collection. any recommendations like what other collections are work the money and if I should continue with universe
>>
Having given up hope of ever seeing wave one at retail, I bought a lot on Ebay of the four Deluxe headmasters. Thoughts:

Blur is best fucking figure of the bunch. Only problem, is that the one I got in the main had the knee guard on reverse. Still transforms though but is a minor annoyance for an awesome as fuck figure.

Scourge is everything the Generation Scourge figured failed to be in terms of having a GREAT robot form (the Generation's Scourge robot mode was dogshit) but the vehicle mode is kind of blah as far as failing to capture the vehicle mode right

Hardhead was a god-damn disappointment. Compared to the G1 vehicle, the tank mode is shitty and only redeemed by the execution of the canon on the tank. Arms of floppy as fuck so I keep them contracted as a one piece arm to make it look less shitty.

Skullcruncher is good but the legs are wobbly and worse, is a huge fucking bitch to transform into alligator mode. Hard as shit to align the shoulders and get the pegs into their slots to connect the neck/gator head into place.
>>
>>5849995
They managed for three movies.

AoE was where everything got all fucked up.
>>
>>5849996
The "main" line that's been running for nearly a decade now is usually called "CHUG", which stands for Classics, Henkei (the Japanese releases of the former), Universe and Generations. Aside from some brief movie tie-in lines of really high quality like Reveal the Shield and Hunt for the Decepticons, that's the definitive go-to for Transformers; we're in Generations still right now.
>>
File: ArceeJustLetItHappen.jpg (961KB, 1339x1197px) Image search: [Google]
ArceeJustLetItHappen.jpg
961KB, 1339x1197px
>>5849996

Do you like Combiners? If so, pick up some of those. UW Superion and CW (or UW, whatever) Bruticus at the very least, if you like Combiners, for a decent variety of the molds offered from that line.

Also some of the new TR stuff is great, I'd definitely recommend Blaster, Skullcruncher, and Hardhead, plus Wheelie and Rewind.

Of the older stuff, I'd definitely say grab Arcee. Her first ever figure is also really, really good.
>>
>>5849999

QC is a bit shitty at the moment, my Hardhead was pretty much perfect. You'll get used to Skullcruncher's transformation quick though, it's actually pretty easy, just the first time you'll feel retarded because it's not too clear on how to do the arms/legs properly.
>>
>>5849999
>shit taste: the post
>>
File: absolutelydisgusting.jpg (24KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
absolutelydisgusting.jpg
24KB, 240x320px
>>5849999
>ebay
>he gave the scalpers money
>>
File: 09092016648.jpg (137KB, 784x440px) Image search: [Google]
09092016648.jpg
137KB, 784x440px
Any base fanmodes for the voyagers?
>>
File: HumanFuckingGarbageDidThis.jpg (457KB, 1600x1195px) Image search: [Google]
HumanFuckingGarbageDidThis.jpg
457KB, 1600x1195px
>>5850010

But don't you want a Soundwave bro?
>>
>>5849999
>transmissions from the shattered glass universe

Heroic Decepticons fighting the Evil Autobots?
>>
>>5850003
>Rewind
Fuck, I forgot about Rewind.
Guess I know who's next on my list.
>>
>>5849999
My local Target JUST got the deluxes this week. Walmart had them weeks ago though.
>>
File: RewindGonnaSlapWheeliesShit.jpg (716KB, 1296x850px) Image search: [Google]
RewindGonnaSlapWheeliesShit.jpg
716KB, 1296x850px
>>5850019

Yeah, he's fun.
>>
>>5850022
>Target
Lucky. The only things my local stores sell are Construct-Bots and Bayformers. If I want Generations, I have to pay the scalpers. It's depressing.
>>
>>5850027
What about HasbroToyShop?
>>
>>5849979
he is saying it easier to make his oc with swapable heads and bodys.
>>
>>5850031
I'm not an American.
>>
>>5850039
They have a eBay shop too. I don't know how much shipping you'd have to pay, but at least the figures themselves would be at retail price.

http://stores.ebay.com/hasbrotoyshop
>>
>>5850041
They still don't ship outside the US. Trust me, I've tried.
>>
>>5850045
Where do u live m8y
>>
Want Titans return alpha trion, don't want to pay 60 plus for a voyager.

fucking asians.
>>
>>5850047
Straya, cunt.
>>
>>5849618
UT Cybertron Megatron, I want him in garish orange, teal, and purple. Alternatively, RID 2001 Galvatron.
>>
This is your last chance, Hasbrocucks. HLJ re-opened pre-orders for Takara Computron. You better act fast. It's sold out literally everywhere else and you don't want to be stuck with Hasbro's shit """"Computron"""".

http://hlj.com/product/TKT86252
>>
Are the Takara Blur & Scourge TR figures out yet?
>>
>>5850084
At the end of the month.
>>
>>5850084
Nope, not until September I think

>>5850075
That's lame, they got all that new stuff in for preorders yet still don't have mindwipe available
>>
>>5850085
>>5850086

Damn. Takara needs to drop shit faster, I just want Blur and Scourge with their proper color schemes already.
>>
>>5849867
Literally geewunner autism.
Go die of fatness, lardobeardo.
>>
>>5850075
Thanks, you're the man now, dog.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>5849544
>>5849583
He better have a hand mode too, if michael bay is that esoteric
>>
>>5850093
Better Geewun than Bayshit and Ridformers.
>>
So Legends Fort Max really doesn't come with the Master sword, huh? WTF Takara?
>>
>>5850111
We don't know. Metroplex ended up getting a second red gun to closer match his original toy, but none of the Takara FM pics imply he's getting his sword, or gun.
>>
I want a black, yellow and purple decepticon repaint of metroplex called Condominion.
>>
>>5850111

Buy the 3P sword then. Takara isn't a magic fairy that fulfills all your wishes, they choose a different deco, sometimes remold a tiny bit, and sometimes use a bit more paint and thats it.
>>
>>5850116
They would of done that already, chances are the sword will forever be an exclusive, perhaps Japan will have a simerlar limited offer to Hong Kong collectors who got a sword with retail fort max, or hell maybe a Japanese con exclusive will give him a chromed sword for all we care.

All in know is I got the sdcc one and I'm still upset that after all of it I coulda saved 50 by just accepting no sword
>>
>>5850111
Good thing Perfect Effect exists
>>
>>5850075
Let's be honest here. Hasbrotron's gonna go on sale before Takara even starts shipping theirs, and it'll end up costing 1/3 the price.

And there are plenty of things I like better on the Hasbro one, any way.

1. Superior jet mold. The option to mount guns on the arms is a lot of play-value to me.
2. Superior car mold.
3. Comes with Canary Cosmos.

Obviously the Takara release has advantages too but they aren't worth that much extra dough.
>>
>>5850161
I can understand budgetary concerns but Hasbro's Computron is objectively worse in every department except that it's cheaper and has a free Scrounge.
>>
>>5850167
Shhh, let people convince themselves that they're right
>>
Question about buying Takara Unite sets from China on ebay.

Bootlegs?
REgardless if they are or not, are they good?
>>
File: 1469749414846.jpg (45KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1469749414846.jpg
45KB, 540x405px
>>5849455
>Personality: Peace through tyranny
Can you even call that a personality?
>>
>>5850116
>>5850111
Literally the first silhouette they showed had the master sword in it.

This is Takara we're talking about, these are the same people who felt the need to retool PM Prime just to look more like Ginrai and remold every single Constructicon elbow joint. They'll include it. They probably just have some deal with Hasbro or something not to show it until later so Hasbro can sell SDCC sets.
>>
>>5850174
Political personality?
>>
>>5850174
To be fair, the original "mottos" people assign to the G1 characters aren't really character "quotes" so much as they are a short blurb that sums up the basic character motivation.

It's why a dumb junk punk like Frenzy has a supposed "motto" of "Sow panic and surrender will bloom"

So "Peach through tyranny" was less Megatron's "saying" and more his short simple character description.
>>
>>5850167
>objectively worse
Combiner Wars is literally Redecos: The Series.
If you've got one combiner, you've got 'em all. Wake me up when they've got some unique molds. Like the Predacons or Seacons.
>>
>>5850212
I see you've never touched a single CW figure then, Mr. Bait
>>
File: think.jpg (117KB, 736x567px) Image search: [Google]
think.jpg
117KB, 736x567px
>>5849455
So why is it Megatron and not Galvatron?

The possibilities I can think of are
>The Megatronus-namesake-bullshit
>Galvatron counts as a clone
>Fucking time travel
>>
>>5850220
Megatronous seems more like it. Also Galvatron in this universe is a human-given name. Would strike his ego if he continued being "Galvatron".
>>
>>5850217
So you're saying CW isn't predominantly redecos?
>>
>>5850222
It's predominantly retools, you super retard.
>>
>>5850224
Doesn't change the fact that there's hardly any unique figs, which was my original point.
>>
>>5850222
Fun fact: between Menasor and Bruticus, you get one of each limb mold and two different torsos.
>>
>>5850226
That's not even close to true. By that logic TR is no better.
>>
>>5850228
That's true, it's not.
>>
>>5850226
It's not like the original Scramble City was the fucking end all be all of original designs, and this shit is just an update of that so why are you so salty?
>>
>>5850229
And your statement is completely false too.

Where's that Combiner Wars retools chart when you need it?
>>
>>5850234
Salty? Someone's being salty, but it sure as fuck ain't me.

I'm just unimpressed.
>>
File: codenamescapegoat.png (664KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
codenamescapegoat.png
664KB, 853x480px
>trust me, I know what I'm doing
>>
>>5850226
Between Defensor and Superion there are 9 unique molds. Between Superion and Menasor there are 10 unique molds. Between Menasor and Bruticus there are also 10 unique molds. The biggest offender is between Defensor and both Menasor and Bruticus, having 8 and 7 unique molds respectively

So what the fuck are you even on about?
>>
File: t30 acid storm.jpg (62KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
t30 acid storm.jpg
62KB, 600x450px
>>5849793
Takara never released Cliffjumper, Nemesis Prime, Viper, or any of the other Legends Class redecoes/retools, including the other Seekers.

If you want him plus the new hands and feet, just go and get CW Computron.
>>
>>5849555

My favourite in the line so far.
>>
>>5850075
>you don't want to be stuck with Hasbro's shit """"Computron"""".
The problem with getting Takara's version of Computron, is that you're still getting stuck with a Computron.
>>
>>5850250
I don't see how that constitutes as a problem
>>
File: wip.png (176KB, 913x853px) Image search: [Google]
wip.png
176KB, 913x853px
>>5849788
I'm actually working on a de-headmaster kit. It involves an entirely new headsculpt along with a certain other thing. I won't say anymore because I'd really like to be the first to use my concept. Pic related.
>>
File: Giftset - Technobot - Lightspeed.jpg (149KB, 1300x606px) Image search: [Google]
Giftset - Technobot - Lightspeed.jpg
149KB, 1300x606px
>>5850250
Atleast it's actually Computron, and not mishmash featuring Strafe and Afterburner.
>>
>>5849751
>shit face mask gimmick
>canon default position limits articulation when attacked and prevents better looking cannon wielding poses ie fist rotation
>crappy fan mode tier jet mode that is infact an official mode
>hasbro version gives fuck all paint to titan master which makes the face mask gimmick worse

I own him, knowing these flaws, that said hollow points have covers, despite the cannon he poses better than the old deluxe, his cannon mode and robot modes are the stand out.

Avoid the takara one since its just in a different shade of purple and with a painted head, painted my own head, face mask can be modified (or use a shapeways adaptor, same for the cannon position unless you want to cut a 5mm hole in the arm) and you can fan mode him into his true hand gun mode if you wish.

He's the best large galvatron that does his cannon mode right unless you want the energon redeco which ditches cannon mode for flight mode, he's one of those cases where you need to love the character *that* much to be that willing and anything above rrp is stupid
>>
File: repaint seeker hell.jpg (208KB, 1200x729px) Image search: [Google]
repaint seeker hell.jpg
208KB, 1200x729px
>>5849996
>acid storm

You couldn't pass him up and the camo could you?

Well, here are still plenty, I mean THIS MANY seekers to get, or just buy one of each character, if you want matching color schemes look for the triple packs of the coneheads and the regular seekers, the takara henkei henkei ones have spiffy chrome to them but the thrust has the most non-accurate wing deco and may be off putting, hasbro has the issue of skywarp in an exclusive 2 pack with voyager ultra magnus and deco's don't quite match since some have rub signs and later ones don't.

The conehead triple pack is "Transformers Classics Asia Exclusive Seekers: Elites" and the regular trio are "Transformers Classics Asia Exclusive Seekers: Aces", only way to have the 6 in an consistent deco, that is if you're a seeker fan.

Yes I'm a seeker fan, ignore me if not interested in 3 more redeco's and 3 retools (although it amuses me we had this many variations of them, con exclusives, japanese mail order exclusives, even a see through ghost star scream exist).

...as for what else you may like I'd try to tf wiki, if you remember any character names hit them up and find the universe/henkei henkei versions and see if they look good, some might be expensive (cyclonus) while some may be cheap if loose (astrotrain)
>>
>>5849999
I ended up buying the takara versions, I ended up buying a hasbro skull cruncher for a (lazy) custom.

QC on the hasbro ones are just what I expected, and I'm not even trying to fall into the meme they have always been constantly shit.

As for your thoughts on the wave one bunch, I'm more annoyed he's retooled into chrome dome rather than the other way around, Scourge I feel his vehicle mode does better than what the universe was trying to do (but I'm going to own both molds so I have a fleet), hard head I can't agree with your opinion on the tank because I feel he hits the right parts of nostalgia and play ability with only lack of waist movement being the killer, fully agreed on skullcruncher with the added annoyance on no heel spurs to keep him upright, for as much tighter as takara's mine keep's falling backwards
>>
File: superion grieves.jpg (427KB, 618x937px) Image search: [Google]
superion grieves.jpg
427KB, 618x937px
>>5850075
See I'm conflicted, hlj got more stock of superion which sold out awhile back, I'm going to keep my pre-order but the damn rising yen is fucking me over like a dog in heat and it fucking hurts
>>
I got mindwipe the other day and i'm disappointed by the use of soft rubber in important parts like the bat head and wing tips.
That said, this toy could work as an extensive retool of fangry and squeezeplay.
The small wings could be replaced with monster legs for example.
The robot legs would transform differently.
For fangry it could still form the monsters back like the g1 toy.
Or turn it into the mnster's arms.
This could also work as squeezeplay.
>>
>>5850173
The only bootlegs I'm aware of are OC colors in OC packaging, check ratings, see if anyone bought one, then check your luck and report findings.

If they made bootleg unite sets we'll be the first to know, otherwise avoid, the qc on takara sets are only minimally better and it usually excels in paint, toy qc in some can be as bad if not worse like UW bruticus, a knock off will chuck that away
>>
>>5850322
Did takara also use soft rubber on skullcruncher's back?
>>
>>5849793
If it happens he will likely be repainted into somebody else.
>>
>>5850321
thank man, I'll look into seekers
>>
>>5850329
For the back flap?

Yep, its also clear red painted green so the cockpit has a red window, feels the same as the hasbro
>>
>>5850340
Well, fuck.
I hope third party companies would release replacement parts for these.
>>
>>5850343
While I find it annoying that mine keeps jutting open ever so slightly it still stops the figure from falling out, or are you afraid of rotting or something?
>>
>>5850227
And QC issues out of the wazoo. Just shows 1/2 of CW molds have some design or assembly issue including both torsos.
>>
File: titans-return-039.jpg (183KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
titans-return-039.jpg
183KB, 1200x797px
>>5850325
I knew they used soft rubber in the wings, but I had no idea it was the bat head as well.
Doesn't that shit get dried up and crack after a couple of years?

I'm also a bit bothered by the fact that the rubber wings serve no real purpose. They just fold back and hide in bat mode.
>>
>>5850325
I honestly think Doublecross would work better for Squeezeplay. Remold the the dragon-arm heads into a two-piece snake head that can split into arms.
>>
>>5850353
Yes we know. It's why he is a weak mold. Of the three I think Wolfwire is the best, but I am biased.
>>
File: 1410804272640.jpg (9KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1410804272640.jpg
9KB, 251x251px
>mfw legends ex bat convoy sold out on premium collectables

Curse these limited quantity pre-orders, hlj, I'm begging you, I looked away from drift but I would kill for you guys to get him.

Oh wait, this is /tfg/, silly me, I'll just rage until mandarake spews out one like I did for lg ex scourge
>>
>>5850358
le
>>
File: 09102016663.jpg (125KB, 618x537px) Image search: [Google]
09102016663.jpg
125KB, 618x537px
>>5850358
Out of curiosity, you have no issue with the rubber bits on bat convoy/mindwipe?

>>5850265
The helmet looks too big there.
>>
>>5850345
Yes. Rotting.
That and with the constant opening and closing that would occur, this piece would wear quickly and would probably rip.
>>
>>5850355
No, you are correct. Wolfwire is the best.
>>
>>5850385
I ordered the takara one so I don't have him yet, but I would be with the rubber head.

My mp-10's tires haven't rotten yet (unlike optibotimus who I assume is autistic enough to have somewhere safe to store his yet his has rotten) and somehow despite being left in the VERY middle of a toy box my protoform starscream hasn't crumbled to bits.

I'm feeling lucky, while I'm curious to the rubber head I suspect its safety/so they have an easier time sculpting it.

If worse comes to work I'll just use a rubber chicken head
>>
So /tfg/, when Wave 2 appears in my area (hopefully along with Walgreens Brainstorm), which 2 figures should I get? One Bot and one Con prefered please. I currently only have Hardhead and Kek Croc
>>
>>5850402
weirdo and chromedick
>>
>>5850353
>Doesn't that shit get dried up and crack after a couple of years?

You think Hasbro cares if these toys stay intact 5 years after the leave store shelves, how cute.
>>
File: mousey.jpg (33KB, 314x320px) Image search: [Google]
mousey.jpg
33KB, 314x320px
>>5850416
No, I was asking because I wasn't fully aware of how bad the issue was.
>>
File: image.jpg (767KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
767KB, 2000x2000px
I didn't know that there was more than one combining headmaster other than UW Blastoff
>>
>>5850434
>"So that's what my balls look like from below"
>>
File: Megatron Binder.jpg (175KB, 783x800px) Image search: [Google]
Megatron Binder.jpg
175KB, 783x800px
>>5849455
Between Megs and Barricade it looks the ol' Binder of Revelation isn't sitting in a drawer any more.

>>5849621
Terminator Genisys did.
>>
>>5849751
I bought him expecting to be disappointed, but he is fun
>>
>>5849793
Just keep an eye out on ebay. I got a G2 Blackjack for like 13 bucks.
>>
>>5850402
Highbrow is pretty good.
He's a solid toy with good detailing.
Chromedome is okay and pretty solid.
For me, Hardhead is the weakest of the three. The orange "rolling pin" on mine (the front roller) is loose and sometimes detaches. Still thinking of how to fix this.
>>
>>5850457
The weak point for my Hardhead was the left wrist locking onto the rest of his arm. Managed to fix it with some glue though.

My orange roller comes out but only if I use excessive force on it. Sounds like a QC issue on yours.

So Highbrow. Right. What about the Cons?
>>
>>5850452
>Terminator Genisys

That is a shitty movie.
Shittiest of the series.
The only good thing in that movie is nude khaleesi.
>>
>>5850458
Weirdwolf is almost perfect.
Only thing I dislike is the red paint on the face hiding the details.

Mindwipe is the best looking of the three because of the colors. Bat mode is cool. But the rubber parts ruin it for me.

Actually, all decepticon beast modes were done well. They all have articulated jaws. But weirdwolf is the runaway winner here.

I don't have scourge and blurr.
I prefer my generations scourge.
As for blurr, I might get him next month.
>>
File: Galvatron.jpg (183KB, 777x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Galvatron.jpg
183KB, 777x1023px
>>5850385
>The helmet looks too big there.
Really? How so?
>>
File: image.jpg (387KB, 1038x1452px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
387KB, 1038x1452px
>>5850465
Damn. I might get Weirdwolf and Highbrow then.

Thanks anon, here, have a kek croc
>>
>>5850467
Not the guy but I personally think it's the face that's too big, not the helmet.
>>
>>5850470
Cool, anon.
I also pose my skullcruncher that way.

One last thing: Highbrow may look awkward because the lock that holds the titanmaster head is not flush with the body. I checked online to see if I jst got a defective toy but it seems that it's designed that way. It does give him a bigger range of motion nodding or looking up, but it looks weird sometimes because it looks like he has an adam's apple of sorts. The toy is packaged in such a way that you don't see this immediatelt because the rubber band pulls the head down.

The toy is still pretty enjoyable though.
The chopper blades are a bit distracting but this is normal with most chopperformers.

Regardless of what you get, be prepared to add a drop of floor polish on the headmasters. They tend to have loose joints.
>>
>>5850265
The certain other thing is probably to let it told in to the chest considering you said de-headmaster.
>>
>>5850481
Yeah, that would make a bit more sense. It's not booleaned to the helmet yet so I might adjust it a little.

Also, I'm not sure if it's obvious but the helmet isn't done yet. The crest horns are in a very early stage. I still need to extend, taper, bend them, and blend the backside into the base.
>>
>>5850453
>bought him expecting to be disappointed,
I'm glad you like him, but why on earth did you buy him if you thought this to begin with? That's the kind of mentality that makes poorfags in collecting.
>>
>>5850238
Is there anyway for me to see what people are saying that he has said because I can't find anything
>>
>>5850504
Not that anon, and I think its more a loose interpretation to how he designs, for example he designed the deco for g2 bruticus.

If I remember correctly he said it was a perfect homage...sans g2 symbols (even leaving off the chest one would of made it better since that would be accurate but he even left off the ones for the individuals)

There was a youtube video about it on the transformers channel where he talks about it
>>
>>5849618
With as much retooling as they've done in the past, you could actually get a decent Snapdragon or Apeface out of him.
>>
>>5850497
Shhhhhhhhhhh

But really, I'm surprised no one has done it yet. The usual bunch are making faceplates and helmets which seem like a band-aid treatment. That kid on TFW seems to be the only one making a head besides me, but he's throwing that thing together in TinkerCAD of all things, and it shows. I don't think it even has a neck joint.
>>
>>5850508
oh right thanks, I thought he would be going on forums bitching or something
>>
>>5850525
Well I wouldn't know about that, I don't use forums, least not since cw started
>>
File: 1470911831201.png (101KB, 913x445px) Image search: [Google]
1470911831201.png
101KB, 913x445px
>>5850467
The sides are too far from the face.
>>
>>5850503
>Buys toy expecting to be disappointed
>Toy turns out good
>Gets disappointed that he did not get disappointed
>Realizes that he is still disappointed, so he's no longer disappointed
>Realizes that he is no longer disappointed. Gets disappointed.
>Ad inifinitum
>>
>>5850516
What? I've seen 3-4 people do this fold-in-chest mod already.
Granted that they didn't use a new galvatron head, just the headmaster with the faceplate mod thing.
But yeah it's been done.
>>
File: test .jpg (79KB, 618x621px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
79KB, 618x621px
>Combobat is a clone of Optimus Prime. To introduce the traits of of organic life to the next generation of Transformers, Straxus performed experiments that created a new, hybrid form of Cybertronian, with Combobat being a result. With his bat wings, Combobat can swoop and hover in complete silence, making him perfect for Straxus's assassination needs. However, Combobat balks at his forced profession and desires to escape his lot in life.
His only friend is fellow experiment Megalligator and he uses his partner drone Ape-X Arms to make up for his lack of firepower.

-robot kingdom retrieved bio, possibly a cleaned up translation
>>
>>5850548
>Combobat

...I almost want him just for the name.

>C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER
>WOMBO-COMBO

Etc.
>>
>>5850559
I'd love to see some pics of combo bat doing some meme'd up combo breaker moves ie knocking other's heads off.
>>
>>5850548
So Combobat is FIGURATIVELY Onyx Primal then?
>>
>>5850599
If one of the original Primes is a clone of one of the last Primes.. then yes, but not really, just as Arcee wasn't the first female cybertronian, the Onyx Prime colony already had "natural" adapted organic-cybertronians before, unless Straxus predates the Primes.
>>
>>5850221
But in the 4th movie, he identified himself as Galvatron. When he broke free of the restraints a second time, he screamed his name and then awoke all the vehicons. Would have made more sense if he said "I am Megatron."
>>
>>5850075
Is the shipping affordable?
I ended up cancelling my Bruticus order from AmiAmi because of the 80 fucking dollars shipping. Good decision, though, Takara Bruticus was a mess.
>>
>>5850613
hlj has a shipping calculator, put it in your cart and see.

Personally I bundle my shit so after 60 days I get the most out of it
>>
>>5850402
>Highbrow
Might have a very wobbly head just like Scourge.
>Mindwipe
Uses a lot of soft rubber, which might break with time
>Chromedome
The wheels are made of clear plastic that might be fragile. It's also a CW Dead End retool.
>Wolfwire
Weird shade of yellow for the crotch piece which looks very off

It might not bother you, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
Personally, I'd pick up Wolfwire and Highbrow.
>>
>>5850619
> It's also a CW Dead End retool

Common misconception, but it isn't, it just uses the same engineering.

...I honestly hope takara's uses solid plastic for those tires or that gold paint on the rims is gonna be shit
>>
>>5850220
Honestly I think they're going to forget about Galvatron, they'll just say he went back home, built another body and went back to being Megatron.

>>5850548
>Straxus
So the fact that he's mentioned here, does that mean he has a bigger shot of getting a toy in the near future?
>>
>>5850610
Onyx Primal =/= Onyx Prime
>>
>>5850220
Given he looks completely different than galvy, im going with either flashback or the creator restored him. This was basically what happened in the japanese manga that led to the micromaster line, and later gen 2
>>
>>5850619
Is there any way to fix the wobbley head of Scourge?
>>
>>5850633
I don't think it will be a flashback, as wasn't there something that's on Barricade that says "Keep calm and all hail Megatron"? I think that would mean he's alive in the present day.

I heard a great theory, but I don't think it's legit. The theory is someone restores Megatron's spark to another body, so you have a sparkless Galvatron and Megatron running around, and would battle with themselves and the Autobots to prove who is the "real" one. But I highly doubt that'll happen in the film. But it would have been interesting.
>>
>>5850624
Probably a similar thing, repaint of galvatron, different head, probably apeface, at best a different face mask but i doubt it. His bio will probably be about cloning galvatrons body
>>
File: SkullcruncherIsReallySobek.jpg (1MB, 1487x1069px) Image search: [Google]
SkullcruncherIsReallySobek.jpg
1MB, 1487x1069px
>>5850470
>>5850494

Nice to know I'm not the only one messing with figure of the year, here.
>>
File: IMG_20160812_004612_353.jpg (119KB, 720x494px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160812_004612_353.jpg
119KB, 720x494px
Yaoi, Roberts?
This is bad comedy!
>>
>>5850648
My bet is that galvatron gets a knight upgrade and it restores him
>>
File: Galvatron2vsmegatron.jpg (75KB, 500x241px) Image search: [Google]
Galvatron2vsmegatron.jpg
75KB, 500x241px
>>5850648
I'd approve of that story.
I really hope they'd give Galvatron a better paint job cause his toy's was bloody awful.
>>
>In Japan, Metroplex gets wrecked around 2030-2036, and gets upgraded into his new Titan body
>Battleship Maximus is obliterated, and is replaced with a new Battleship Maximus in 2021 (though, they may show up decades later considering the original Headmasters practically vanish from Japanese fiction after G2, and they're currently in another dimension).

So that means Fortress got a new body first in this continuity. This is just confusing.
>>
>>5850548
>Combobat
Can we drop the engrish? Its clearly supposed to be ConvoyBat.
>>
>>5850658

Man, old TF comic art was ass. Would be cool if we got action-figuery toys like that as a one-off line though. A "Marvel Legends: TF Edition" if you would.
>>
>>5850618
>Note: Shipping cannot be calculated at this time for these items. When the items become available you will be notified by email of the relevent costs.
Gee willikers, what luck!
>>
>>5850672
Test it another UW set, they still had Menasor when I checked a few weeks ago.
>>
>>5850675
>EMS at 70 dollarinos
Eh, idunno.
>>
File: HowHorrifying.jpg (48KB, 420x338px) Image search: [Google]
HowHorrifying.jpg
48KB, 420x338px
>>5850687
>$70 shipping

Man, you sure can feel the savings of self importing, right in the asshole.
>>
File: Marvel_Soundwave.jpg (430KB, 978x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_Soundwave.jpg
430KB, 978x1600px
>>5850665
Purple Soundwave when?
>>
>>5849455
this is supposed to be a transformer?
the fuck were the designers smoking?
>>
>>5850651
Are you kidding? You're just late to the party. The last several threads have been clogged up with people taking photos of Memegator.
>>
File: 20160724_013403.jpg (160KB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
20160724_013403.jpg
160KB, 1632x918px
>>5850651
Why do all the TF reptiles have smiley faces?
>>
>>5850706
Because they are a chill bunch who'd rather bum around and smoke weed than fight a stupid war.
>>
>>5850706
>>5850721
Wrong, that's just how actual reptiles are. Look them up, they all have at least a faint smile.
>>
File: SkullcruncherMintcruncher.jpg (768KB, 1031x995px) Image search: [Google]
SkullcruncherMintcruncher.jpg
768KB, 1031x995px
>>5850706

They're just happy they got made.
>>
File: unnamed (Medium).jpg (53KB, 432x768px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (Medium).jpg
53KB, 432x768px
Rate my first repaint
>>
>>5850665
I like it, the artist you posted specifically, it's got life to it, doesn't look stiff.
>>
>>5850750
Terrible, I can't even tell which character that's supposed to be
>>
>>5850750
Radicons/10
>>
>>5850750
added paint apps* fugg
>>
>>5850770
Yeah, modern artists for TF comics are better at drawing robots, but there's plenty of mecha reference nowadays. The marvel artists where all decent all-around illustrators, where as modern stuff, while cooler looking, tends to mostly look like poster illustrations. All flashy posing.
>>
File: Faces.jpg (263KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
Faces.jpg
263KB, 500x532px
>>5850781
I've not read the most current stuff, but aren't some of the comics pretty bad looking? (like pic related?)
>>
>>5850789
>He thinks that's bad

You need to see the Galvatron mini series
>>
>>5849455
I remember that in the last movie he called himself Galvatrion. But now he is Megatron again?
>>
>>5850795
Heart of Darkness was a terrible mistake and we don't talk about it.
>>
>>5850789

...is that Knockout?
>>
>>5850789
Way to cherry pick. That's one artist on one book. The other two ongoings have outstanding regular artists, and some equally solid filler artists as well. In general, art in TF comics is some of the best it's ever been.
>>
>>5850695
$100 bills
>>
>>5850822
Yes, and Prime Breakdown is his husband. I'm not fucking kidding, they outright stated this was the case and were going to reveal this when they figured out how to introduce him.
>>
File: The box is Ironhide..jpg (201KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
The box is Ironhide..jpg
201KB, 720x960px
>>5850825
Can it be cherry picked if it's born of ignorance? I said I've not read the most recent stuff, the last thing I read was the issue where bumblebee became Goldbug (the one where they lead the autobot exodus after starscream takes charge) the art in that one was not very good.
>>
>>5850624
>So the fact that he's mentioned here, does that mean he has a bigger shot of getting a toy in the near future?

For ehobby perhaps.
>>
>>5849793
wait is computron out? where?
>>
>>5850624
>>5850843
Who an say? Straxus has been used a couple of times while trying to fill the gaps in Japanese fiction (during Power Core Combiners, and Metro Wars), so him getting another toy makes sense.

There's one interesting fact, Convobat is apparently related to the Legends fiction, so we might learn of a new Straxus in that comic.
>>
>>5850781
>Yeah, modern artists for TF comics are better at drawing robots

Some of them need to be better at drawing Transformers instead of just generic robots, though. Like Milne and his spikey gundams with clown shoes.
>>
>>5850770

My problem with it is it was just generic superhero art for the time, basically just men in box costumes at best. That bit technically isn't BAD art, but it's bad Transformers art because it looks pretty much nothing like Transformers should.
>>
>>5850800

Bay doesn't give a shit and neither does anyone involved in it. They'd call them all Optimus if they felt like.
>>
>>5850862
To be fair, they where the first attempts at drawing a lot of those characters so the idea of what Transformers should look like wasn't really set in stone.Sure, there where animation model sheets, but they where pretty low on details for a comic page. Nowadays there's lots of fully articulated toys and more refined designs to work from. And of course, like >>5850860
A lot of them can just copy Gundam designs styles they pull up on google. Couldn't do that in the 80's.

The Marvel TF comics remind me of how other robot characters appeared in Marvel at the time. rom the Space Knight is another example.
>>
>>5850862
I totally get were you're coming from, I think why I like it is because the stuff before it was very rigid looking, most of the time it'd be the characters in their stock art poses, as well is that I really liked the writing when that art style became the standard, so I probably associate the two.
>>
>>5850870

Oh, I know. But the cartoon ref sheets weren't that bad. It's just a product of it's time, but even as a kid reading it, it was an eyesore to me because it looked nothing like the only other examples of TF art around at the time (ie: the cartoon or box art).

It is interesting in it's own right though, if only to see the 80's American adaption of Japanese designs.
>>
What exactly does "Industrial Robot" mean anyway? I heard someone say it is the only time they would accept a heavy robot, but only seeing images of arms. They want one that turns into a giant arm?
>>
>>5850870
Forgot my pic

>>5850876
> 80's American adaption of Japanese designs.

yeah that's basically why they are how they are.Once the fandom discovered Japanese mecha art everyone just started copying the way those are drawn, but withTFs.
>>
>>5849712
The forehead of the TM is supposed to make the eyes. G1 Ultra Magnus was this way, his eye holes line up with the small robot head. G1 Blaster's toy had red eyes with the yellow visor.
>>
>>5850848
Based on the fact that Straxus has a very similar alt-mode to Titans Galvatron.
>>
>>5849791
Some people are autists about non-Headmaster characters becoming headmasters. Personally I don't care as it's actually a pretty non-intrusive thing
>>
>>5850883
Ultron is bae.
>>
>>5849993
At least we can get 2 potential repaints (Energon Megs, G1 toy/comics)
>>
>>5849999
>the Generation's Scourge robot mode was dogshit)
Okay buddy
>>
>>5850860
If Milne Gundam, what is the basis for the art used on packaging of recent toys?
>>
>>5850203
Frenzy wasn't a dumb punk in the bios.
>>
File: 20160811_131723.jpg (504KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160811_131723.jpg
504KB, 2048x1152px
>>
File: I want to wake UP.jpg (46KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
I want to wake UP.jpg
46KB, 960x640px
WAKE ME UP
>>
File: WAKE ME UP INSIDE 2.jpg (49KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
WAKE ME UP INSIDE 2.jpg
49KB, 960x640px
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
>>
>>5850925
>>5850930
3P?
>>
>>5850925
>>5850930
Was ist das?
>>
File: SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEE.jpg (54KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEE.jpg
54KB, 640x960px
>>5850938
>>5850939
SAAAAAAAAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEE
>>
File: AAAa.jpg (52KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
AAAa.jpg
52KB, 960x640px
>>5850946
desu the robot mode looks cool, but once you look at the other modes you start thinking about how he transforms and you realize it's a fucking mess
>>
>>5850949
The other modes don't matter, robot mode should always be the main focus.
This is the guy that's with Arcee in the beginning of the movie basically saying "fuck everyone else, we have to transform the city!" right?
>>
>>5850946
>>5850949
Wow this is amazing, third parties again doing what Hasblow can't! Can't wait to put this on my Masterpiece shelf - /3Pg/
>>
>>5850135
>>5850141

But that thing looks fucking terrible.
>>
File: WAKE ME UP INSIDE.jpg (45KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
WAKE ME UP INSIDE.jpg
45KB, 960x640px
>>5850950
>>5850951
Of course it looks cool.
But integrally is going to be too fragile because of how the transformation works.
>>
>>5850950
More like "everyone else is fucked if we don't turn the defenses on"
>>
>>5850957
Um no, he literally says to forget them and that they are on their own
>>
>>5850949
>>5850955
Now that I look more closely, I noticed that the design of the sword is fucking awesome
>>
>>5850161
>Superior car mold.

The MOLD is superior, but it's Afterburner and Takara's IS Afterburner not Palm Beach retirement streetwise

The only benefit I see to Hasbro's are the undeniably superior feet/hands. The strafe mold is also cool but it's still just a retool (heavier retool than we've seen before) of the aerialbot mold as opposed to the much fresher and better used Blastoff mold
>>
>>5850771
Its cyclonus
>>
>>5850781
>>5850789
Also, marvel had to draw humans a lot.
Look at current idw attempts at humans and....
>>
>>5850955
As far as i can tell, they turned his shoulders into his feet, his arms into his undercarriage, and his tail just folds up inside him. It seems extremely bad. I don't get it, all they had to do was make his transformation the same as the original but fix the feet. Not hard.
>>
>>5850958
You mean the corpses?
The dead corpses?
>>
>>5850977
And lets not forget about how the legs unfold and become part of the shell of the alt modes.
>>
File: IMG_20160811_144906.jpg (540KB, 2493x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160811_144906.jpg
540KB, 2493x1280px
>>
>>5850988
A perfect excuse for the 3p to make new arms and possibly a new cannon for this guy, considering how easy is to detach the arms.
>>
>>5850988
This is my favorite mode
>>
>>5850662
You mean Convobat
>>
>>5849770
If that 3P was $25 I'd say you're right about some of the things. The cannon being white though, whats up with that?
>>
>>5849788
I bet that thing feels like a cat's tongue.
>>
>>5850988
Oh wow, I like how the treads become the wings. He looks like Spike Spiegel's swordfish
>>
>>5850988
Looks neat but the fins on the arms wouldn't be very function and would actively hinder flight like this.
>>
>>5850434
>tfw someone saved my pic
Feels good man

Or maybe it's just another motormaster with that problem
>>
>>5850949
>3p companies think they can beat gen springer
Lel
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3656x2366px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3656x2366px
Beep beep cool guys coming thru
>>
Should I buy legends Buzzsaw, chopshop, and pipes for 26 bucks? Or should I just get buzzsaw and chopshop? I want a buzzsaw before people start buying them up for their soundwave
>>
>>5851074
Are they behind those losers?
>>
>>5851074
Weird to think wave 2's coming out already. My retailers barely have anything from wave 1
>>
Whatever happened with those low quality cw shockwaves?
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 900x597px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 900x597px
>>5851035
I dunno
>>
>>5851077
Buzzsaw is the worst mold of those 3, I bought the complete wave back then when that was the only way to get Shockwave, love Chopshop, Pipes needs his faceplate but he looks alright wielding Wildrider and Deadend pipe clubs. Buzzsaw, well ...he has a nice headsculpt.
>>
>>5850353
>>5850355
A shame. I had my eye on Convobat. Kind of hoping Hasbro would release him as Onyx Prime or something.
>>
>>5851077
Buzzsaw is massively under-rated, he's not exceptional but he's one hell of a fun desk/pocket toy, I actually like him more than Rewind
>>
Why isn't there any one out there that does hard plastic replacement parts for rubbery bits on tfs?
>>
>>5850693
Grapewave looks cool.
It's a shame we hardly ever get to see Soundwave without the mouthplate.
>>
>>5850693
With a mouth, no less. And be sure that the right arm is way longer than the left. Actually, it looks like his right wrist is extended from the forearm.
>>
>>5850459
>Shittiest of the series.
Nah mate that's Rise of the Machines
Terminator > Judgement Day > Salvation = Sarah Connor Chronicles > Genisys > Rise of the Machines
Really though >This polished turd is better than this turd!
>>
>>5850988
sweet slinky bro
>>
>>5849455
I like it. Bot mode looks good, but I really hope the alt mode won't look like the other cybertronian designs of nonsense.

Disappointed with the colors most of all. The all grey look doesn't do Megatron any favors. Can we please get a more interesting colorscheme? It's been years since a proper deco for a screen Megatron.
>>
File: IMG_20160811_144930.jpg (2MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160811_144930.jpg
2MB, 4320x2432px
>>5850988
>mfw so many replies and I forgot to input any text.

I meant to say that Swordfish Mode doesn't seem to have the droopy-cannon problem that the official spaship mode suffers from.

Any ideas why?
>>
File: oy vey.png (84KB, 944x295px) Image search: [Google]
oy vey.png
84KB, 944x295px
So I went to TFW with that Coincidence Detector extension on cuz I think it's funny.

This came up, lel. Springer confirmed for the most kosher triple changer.
>>
File: IMG_20160811_144824.jpg (648KB, 3366x1045px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160811_144824.jpg
648KB, 3366x1045px
>>5851035
Not if it's in space. This thing would have to have some kind of antigravity to work in atmosphere anyway because no wings for lift.

>>5851190
Thanks. I have some Gundam Action Bases that I use for this stuff sometimes, but getting them to where I usually take pics is a pain.

So, yeah, slinky it is.
>>
>>5851249
>Mfw I just posted the cropped version of the same goddamn photo
JUST
>>
File: the_devil_mobile.jpg (314KB, 956x1200px) Image search: [Google]
the_devil_mobile.jpg
314KB, 956x1200px
>>5851234
Colorful Megs don't usually go well.

I'll admit though, if they went for the G1 colors I might like the design a bit more.
>>
>>5850988
Unpopular opinion incoming, but I really dislike Galvatron's neon orange cannon.

It's too bad they can't just make it grey or purple but with some kind of play feature that launches orange "energy blasts". Something evocative of the original, but less... I dunno, neon.
>>
>>5851265
A little bit of purple to break up the drabness could work.
>>
>>5851265
It doesn't even need to be colourful, just add some blacks/reds in around the design to break up the grey like the G1 version.
>>
>>5851236
Droopy canon? Are you clicking all three pieces in place?
>>
>>5851265
I dunno man, the classics voyager looked nice to me
>>
File: what buy.png (902KB, 1174x642px) Image search: [Google]
what buy.png
902KB, 1174x642px
Been trying to decide on a Unicron figure. Don't have the space for a giant one like Armada Uni, so I've narrowed my choices down to Gaia Unicron and Ark Unicron.

Anyone have these guys? Which would you recommend?
>>
>>5851321
I don't own either mold, but from a design standpoint I like Gaia Unicron because he looks so much more otherworldly and intimidating compared to the Cybertron one.
>>
>>5851321
Gaia might look better, but the deluxe is a better toy.
>>
>>5851343
Yeah, that's what I like about Gaia Unicron. He looks like the sort of demonic 'bot the Cybertronians would make a mythology out of.
>>
>>5851349
>the deluxe is a better toy
Until the clear plastic piece his head sits on cracks.
>>
>>5851265
I'm just curious why they decided to give Cybertron Megatron blue eyes instead of the usual red or occasional purple.
>>
>>5850988
>cowboy bebop theme plays in the background
>>
>>5851267
I disagree, I love it.
>>
>>5851368
This Autobots blue/Decepticons red eye bullshit is garbage and annoys me to no end, especially when it interrupts the colour scheme. Like Tr Chromedome looks dumb with a blue visor.
>>
>>5851468
Personally, I like Optimus if he has yellow eyes, like he did in the original G1 toy and Unicron Trilogy.
>>
>>5851368
It was from a series that wasn't doing the Autobot are blue, Decepticon are red eyes thing.
It is better when the cast has different colored lenses.
>>
>>5851480
I'm a fan of yellow eyed characters myself. I like designs like Cybertron Optimus Prime were they added all the yellow accents
>>
>>5850988
Literally from old thread
>>5846848
>>
>>5851628
Mostly, except the legs are apart in the old thread pic. Somebody had mentioned Cowboy Bebop Mode in a thread previous to that but never posted pics.
>>
File: capture3.png (43KB, 454x146px) Image search: [Google]
capture3.png
43KB, 454x146px
>>5851641
>>
>>5851646
Oh come oh, like that matters as much. Everything else is just like it. I'm actually convinced it WAS designed this way and some jackasses at Hasbro didn't understand it

Also if you just do this mode but put the tread arms down like the cannon mode, it's much better than the normal cannon
>>
>>5851658
yeah I tried that but then it takes away the cannon's in-your-face-suck-my-big-cock-ness from the jet itself.
>>
>>5850988
So much remold potential with this toy. I wonder if Thunderwing is possible from this.
>>
>>5849615
>Avengers ripped off DOTM
>Transformers is returning the favor
>>
>>5851321
That's a tough choice. I had the Cybertron mold for a while and thought it was kinda ass. On the other hand, Gaia Unicron looks like a worse figure. Are you sure you don't have the space for a plastic soccer ball, anon?
>>
>>5851704
It absolutely is. All you would need is a new head, new chest, new weapon, redone treads for wing flaps and maybe redone lower legs for detail.
>>
File: givemetheformuoli.jpg (147KB, 400x451px) Image search: [Google]
givemetheformuoli.jpg
147KB, 400x451px
>>5850789
That's not Ravioli, anon.
>>
>>5849634
how does the two head thing work?
cant remember seeing him with two heads
>>
File: Energontoy-McUnicron.jpg (50KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
Energontoy-McUnicron.jpg
50KB, 500x384px
>>5851321
I'm going to go ahead and recommend the European McDonald's Unicron. He actually turns into a planet and still manages to have a suitably imposing robot mode for a happy meal toy.
>>
How the fuck do I get Skullcruncher's neck to peg into his shoulders?
>>
>>5852114
That was one of the genericons from AOE.
>>
http://tfylp.com/announcements-from-cybertron-con-hasbro-panel/
>TR Dinobots are coming
>Sixshot gun mode to be billed as submarine as per US laws
>Beast combiners coming
>G2 TR Prime refers to F-104.
>>
>>5853569
I wonder why they'd give us a Grimlock head if they were already doing Dinobots.
>>
A moment of silence for fallen warrior?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZodx-JZJwY
>>
>>5853569
>TR Dinobots are coming
Yeah, as Titan Masters. Don't know why that article has 3P dinobots pictured.
>>
File: 1434324068631.jpg (9KB, 209x250px) Image search: [Google]
1434324068631.jpg
9KB, 209x250px
Why does current CHUG suck so much? Why did they throw away the concept of remaking classic characters with a modernized design and are just making blocky and aesthetically obnoxious copies of the exact same G1 designs with slightly more articulation? Did Hasbro run out of money?

I'm really out of touch with this fandom, does anyone else share my distaste for post-2012 figures? It often feels like the Prime and FoC toys released that year were the last genuinely great collections. 2013 and 2014 had horrible Best Hunters and incredibly scarce and disappointing Bayverse toys, but at least there were some proper Generations figures. From 2015 and beyond, everything just seems to sort of suck.

The only thing that's still great in Transformers until now is Masterpieces, tbqh.
>>
>>5849751

Galvatron is pretty bad. I mean, transformation-wise, he's fine. I've just never been so disappointed in a figure in terms of quality. Definite buyer's remorse on that one, because he just FEELS like ass. Every bit of plastic on him feels like a different sort of cheap ass plastic. His purples don't match. His legs don't tab together correctly in cannon mode.

He was my first Titan's Return figure, and I was terrified they'd all be this bad. And then I got Blurr, and he feels fucking AWESOME.
>>
I recently transformed my MP Wheeljack for the first time and the right hand just popped off as I was changing it back. Now the arm doesn't fold back properly. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks.
>>
>>5853569

>Six shot

Bueno
Thread posts: 381
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.