[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a possible Re-Issue in the Future?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11

File: reissue when.jpg (72KB, 300x533px) Image search: [Google]
reissue when.jpg
72KB, 300x533px
Okay, so I have been waiting for a decent figure of Superman and the DC Icons line caught my attention when they released the figure art for it but the eyes and paint applications was terrible according to critics.

Is there a possible re-issue in the future or am I gonna have to hire a custom painter to make it better?
>>
Looks fine in the picture there op....
>>
>>5848914
Define "fine"
>>
>>58489
Stoner superman seems like a weird concept for a toy
>>
>>5848916
>>5848918
Whoops
>>
>>5848916
>Lois, I...
>>
Looks pretty much like any marvel legends, or any other mass market 6in figure there too... I don't see the problem?
>>
>>5848926

See >>5848926
>>
>>5848945
Whoops.

>>5848916

The paint under the eyes is fucking terrible.
>>
>>5848948
His face is literally less than the size of of OP's thumbnail.
The only reason you can see it in the closeup is because it was taken with a macro lens and blown up to fuck huge proportions.

Just having it standing on a shelf, or desktop, and not millimeters from your eyes, would be fine. Unless you're a fucking OCD autist. Which I'm sure you are, so fuck it. Don't buy it, because you'll never be happy with it.
>>
>>5848979
Well, if you have good eyesight like I do, you tend to notice things, even from a distance.
>>
All this moaning and pissing about the eyes, and nobody says anything about the fucking cheap looking sticker on his chest.
>>
>>5849073
It's not a sticker, it's a tampo.
>>
File: figuarts sand painted luke.jpg (60KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
figuarts sand painted luke.jpg
60KB, 1024x819px
>>5849013
why are you so racist?!!? STOP HATING ON Figu-, oh wait, this is DCC. BAKA BURGER TOYS!!!

Probably the only positive is that DCC is actually using normal paint jobs and using the dots as shading. so it's not completely made of dots, unlike the Figuarts' paint jobs.
Still looks pretty bad on superman though.
>>
>>5849105
So? And that makes it better somehow?
It looks like a cheap ass sticker that could peel off at the slightest touch.
That stupid black outline looks retarded as fuck. Even the worst of the other Supes figures don't have it.
>>
>>5849931
Regardless of how good or bad it looks to you, it's a tampo, not a sticker.
>>
File: superman-alex-ross.jpg (66KB, 350x396px) Image search: [Google]
superman-alex-ross.jpg
66KB, 350x396px
>>5849931
the shield is almost always protrayed as looking raised over the spandex, so it's a pretty apt look
>>
>>5849931
You don't even like Superman.
>>
>>5849758
>bring ups Figuarts Luke out of nowhere
>brings up Figuarts "dot" shading as point of comparison as if it somehow makes the fuckup with the Superman figure better
>complete with pants-on-head autist titles
Subjectanon, it IS you!
>>
File: bootlegs.jpg (107KB, 727x436px) Image search: [Google]
bootlegs.jpg
107KB, 727x436px
>>5850107
>bringing up another line with ugly dots isn't the same as another line with ugly dots
>implying anything else
That's a pretty big disconnect, duder.

I enjoy the higher standards people here have, since the cheapo printing, even if it's only shading, is pretty lame.
>>
File: big-red-s.jpg (183KB, 550x573px) Image search: [Google]
big-red-s.jpg
183KB, 550x573px
>>5850090
Again, So? It still looks like shit regardless of what it is.
Go be a pedant somewhere else.

>>5850094
I didn't say anything about the shield being raised. That black outline around everything makes it look cheap. Look at your pic. No black outline and it looks really good. Like part of the uniform. Woven into the cloth, Screened onto it, or sewn onto it.
Look at these. That's how it should look.
The lined version is ridiculously bad. Like a cheap T-shirt iron-on.
>>
File: painting skillz.jpg (153KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
painting skillz.jpg
153KB, 1024x1024px
>>5850188
I don't think it's actually outlined in black though. It's just raised, from what i can tell.

Still, what's wrong with giving it an outline, especially when these lines cheat all the time to make details like that stand out? You think shadowing, shading, and dry brushing looks bad too?
It's about making it to scale and details need to be exaggerated to look better, or as they would IRL
>>
>>5850194
>>5850188
oh wait, you're talking about the S being in black outline?

Meh. Didn't notice, so it's good to me.

Now I'm not sure how you thought that made it look like a sticker.
>>
File: superman s.jpg (1005KB, 1525x1920px) Image search: [Google]
superman s.jpg
1005KB, 1525x1920px
>>5850188
Also, i just want to say that you sound like a moviefag for not liking the outline.

Go be casual in /tv/
>>
>>5850194
>Still, what's wrong with giving it an outline,
It looks cheap and there's enough contrast between the red and yellow that you don't have to delineate the two with a black line. There's already a hard border there.

>You think shadowing, shading, and dry brushing looks bad too?
Not at all. But this isn't the same thing. This is a black outline that really doesn't need to be there.What you posted looks great. But it's not at all the same thing.

>It's about making it to scale and details need to be exaggerated to look better, or as they would IRL
And yet almost none of the Superman figures I looked up have that black outline. With the exception of a handful or so, most were like the pic I posted. Which looks like what the shield would look like in "real life"
>>
topkek
>>
File: FTC-Superman-T2-compare-front.jpg (235KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
FTC-Superman-T2-compare-front.jpg
235KB, 1500x1125px
>>5850202
>Now I'm not sure how you thought that made it look like a sticker.
I can see it.
If you didn't know the shield was raised it looks a bit like it's peeling off.
Reminds me of pic related.
>>
>>5850211
>it looks cheap

Because it is cheap. It's a fucking 20 dollar toy, what the fuck do you expect? Honestly you should be happy it doesn't fall apart the second you take it out of the package like so many DCC toys do.
>>
>>5850931
>you should be happy it is not shit quality

is this what the world has come to?
>>
>>5850931
What side of the argument are you on anyway? It's like you're arguing just for the sake of arguing.
Pull the tampon out and put in a fresh one or something, willya?
>>
So.... no re-issue?
>>
It looks like complete trash, and I have pretty mid-level standards for figures. I'd rather just get a DC direct figure if that's my only other option. DCUC has a decent supes, but I hate the way the legs go outward.
>>
>>5852895
No, Stupidman is kill. No more figures will be made.
>>
>>5854683
Shittiest, overpowered superhero ever. And he's homo.
>>
It should be illegal to buy anything other than Batman figures.
>>
Red underwear, letter S faggot!
>>
Superfag.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.