[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is AmiAmi in danger of becoming irrelevant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: FIGURE-020225.jpg (111KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-020225.jpg
111KB, 600x600px
>figma is already expensive as hell
>AmiAmi raises price from 7,580 yen to 8,030 yen
>shitty no cancellation policy
>EMS prices just went up and AmiAmi has always been higher than most
So what's the advantage of buying from this store again? Best case scenario I save $5, worst case scenario I save $1. Yes, ONE dollar depending on if the exchange rate gets worse like Japan predicts. I remember when AmiAmi used to mean saving upwards of $15-25+ on figma. There is no reason to put up with their inflexible policies if you're not saving money. Pretty sure this one will end up hitting the bargain bin anyway regardless of how popular the character/franchise is.
>>
The fuck are you on about? Gilgamesh is legitimately one of the most expensive non-bundled Figmas they've ever put up for sale, It's not amiami, look at his price in other stores too, he pretty much comes with two full torsos and a fuck tonne of other crap
>>
>>5847262
>The fuck are you on about? Gilgamesh is legitimately one of the most expensive non-bundled Figmas they've ever put up for sale, It's not amiami, look at his price in other stores too, he pretty much comes with two full torsos and a fuck tonne of other crap
I'm saying you're not saving money with AmiAmi anymore. This isn't a complaint about the price of Gilgamesh, it's a complaint about AmiAmi having shitty customer service and prices just as high as the competition.

I can order this from local shops in America for $5 more right now. Or HLJ would have also been just as cheap (they are sold out now) because their shipping costs are so much lower. I repeat, what's the point of using AmiAmi anymore?
>>
I have no problems cancelling with Amiami I've been doing it for years now. I think people like you are just scared and autistic at asking.

The price is decent for what you pay for. I pretty much stopped using Amiami as its much easier to manage things with the HLJ stock system.

All in all your complaints are hardly anything to bitch about. Stop being a cheap ass or get out of the game.
>>
>>5847273
Then just don't use it. It's not you're required to use amiami.
>>
>>5847258
>shitty no cancellation policy

the fuck are you on about? i don't even need to initiate a cancellation if i don't want to, i just let the payment time lapse and they cancel for me, no questions asked. been doing this for 3 years. stop lying out your ass motherfucker!
>>
>>5847282
>I have no problems cancelling with Amiami I've been doing it for years now. I think people like you are just scared and autistic at asking.
It's taking a gamble because they can and have blacklisted people for it. Usually they warn you first (and give you the option to pay instead) but it happens.

>The price is decent for what you pay for.
It's really not. It's decent on first glance but you'll be paying more in shipping thus negating all that savings.

>I pretty much stopped using Amiami as its much easier to manage things with the HLJ stock system.
And you just proved my point for me. HLJ let's you cancel if you need to and also lets you store stuff up for 60 days to get even better prices on their already cheaper shipping.

AmiAmi requires you to ship stuff out immediately soon as it's in stock and they won't let you combine from different months even if it's 24 hours from the payment request from the prior month. They made me ship stuff separately when I tried to order an in-stock figure on the 1st of the month after getting a payment request on the 31st. That level of inflexible customer service is ridiculous for a store that no longer gives amazing discounts.
>>
>>5847258
Just because they say you shouldn't cancel means that you can't cancel. I canceled 3 orders and haven't been banned yet
Also is this >>5847232 you?
>So mad at amiami that he has to make a thread about
>Also mad that no one responded to him in the figma general
>>
>>5847258
Dumb fateposter
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
>>5847307
That doesn't prove anything. Some people have cancelled once and been banned. Others have cancelled half a dozen times with no ban. They don't accept cancellations but if you have a good excuse they will probably allow it until you piss off the wrong guy or hit whatever arbitrary limit they have set up.
>>
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Whoa.

Whoa.

Whoa.

I think we're ignoring something important here. When did amiami start raising prices on pre-orders four months out? Did they do this with any other releases or just Archer?
>>
>>5847305
I can greentext all the shit that's wrong with your post but I won't bother because this is just an irredeemable waste of time.
>>
>>5847533
That's a weird way to admit you can't prove someone wrong.
>>
>>5847529
>When did amiami start raising prices on pre-orders four months out? Did they do this with any other releases or just Archer?

I know that occasionally they would raise the price for items once it came in stock. Though I have never seen anything happen like it did with archer.

I stopped using amiami once I started using HLJ's private warehouse. Now more often than not HLJ has the better discount anyways, so I really see no reason to go back.
>>
>>5847571
>I stopped using amiami once I started using HLJ's private warehouse. Now more often than not HLJ has the better discount anyways, so I really see no reason to go back.
I'm about to do the same because i'm not ordering enough stuff these days to justify getting EMS for a single month worth of stuff especially with that recent 500 yen price hike on EMS.

Last two months at AmiAmi have cost me 6,500-ish yen to ship 6 figures. Those same 6 figures loaded into HLJ's cart would have cost 3,700 yen to ship, which basically cuts into AmiAmi's discount by 466 yen per figure. That means anything at AmiAmi with less than a 500 yen discount isn't even worth it.

Just a quick chart:
figma Dark Magician Girl = 580 yen more at HLJ
Polynian Emir = 150 yen less at HLJ
Polynian Mel = 400 yen less at HLJ (during pre-order) and 150 yen less now.
Vulcanlog stuff = about 160 yen more at HLJ
Assemble Borg re-releases = 70 yen more at HLJ
SAS Rohan ver 4 = 230 yen more at HLJ
SAS Kira re-release = 150 more at HLJ
SHF Elf Sigma = 300 yen more at HLJ

Essentially...you save a tiny amount on figma and that's about it. SAS discounts used to be better (about 500-800 yen) at AmiAmi too but not anymore apparently.
>>
>>5847529
I've only ever seen this happen with figma and nendoroids. I've seen discounts on other things reduced when they've been released, but they're also usually figma and nendoroids.
>>
>>5847714
If i rarely order shit, like 1 figma or nendo am i better off ordering from hlj or ami ami to ship to the states(NYC)?
>>
>>5847719
EMS is cheaper at HLJ in general. Have you bought from AmiAmi before? How much is your shipping usually? It's going to be about this much at HLJ:

1700 yen for 1 figma, 2140 yen for two figma for EMS. 1090-1390 for RSAL. 680-980 for SAL. Nendo would be about 100 yen higher since heavier in general. If you're ordering at least two releasing within 60 days of each other HLJ will might save you some money.
>>
>>5847714
Yeah, I rather save those precious yen on AmiAmi.
>>
>>5847749
Last time i ordered shit from ami ami it was like 1.5k for registered sal but it the kirby nendo had a fuck huge box. While my lucina from last year was like 1.3k for ems.

Thanks for the help and estimates, I really rarely import figures and such so this really helps me out.
>>
>>5847816
Amiami shipping is more expensive because they pack their stuff in the carcasses of trees while HLJ just tosses your stuff in the closest size box and calls it a day.

I never had a real problem with HLJ's packaging but if you live in a place where your delivery guys are shit then you'll want amiami.
>>
>>5847760
Don't forget that HLJ consistently has cheaper shipping as well, especially if you're still using EMS. The 580 you save on the figure will probably be there in shipping.

That said, I'm still using AmiAmi but I've been trying to pre-order less and less, as my own response to the general increasing price of the hobby. I used to keep a full 6 months of 2-4 figures, but I'm now down to 5 figures over the next 3. I'm sure I'll still pre-order some things, but AmiAmi has lost my go-to place, I'll definitely be shopping around for best prices.
>>
>>5847823
Thank you. Guess im ordering off HLJ again next time, the postcards are nice and all but i dont want to pay extra for a huge ass box.
>>
>>5847816
EMS prices went up recently by about 500 yen so it pretty much knocked off the lower brackets entirely and made them 2000 yen and above. Take a look.

Archive:
http://web.archive.org/web/20160312074059/http://amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html

Current:
http://amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html

Chances are if you try to EMS a single figure at AmiAmi now it'd cost at least 2,000 yen vs HLJ's 1700 yen. HLJ has had a discount on EMS shipping for a long time now.

>>5847832
Not that guy but it's worth noting that generally HLJ will shrink wrap smaller orders to a piece of cardboard to keep them immobile during shipping and protect against most crushing related damage during transit. They don't always do this -especially on really huge orders- but they do it quite a bit on small orders. If your shipping carrier isn't incompetent you'll be good.

On another note...if you really care about figure box related damage or shelf wear HLJ seems to get stuff to me in much more pristine shape. Especially when it's shrink wrapped to a piece of cardboard. It's like as near mint as you could ever hope for. Meanwhile AmiAmi has been either causing or giving me a lot of stuff with minor damage lately. Small dings, creases, scuffing and shelf wear type stuff even on brand spanking new releases. Most of it seems to be caused from them packing it obscenely tight or ridiculously loose. You can see when they catch their finger on a flap and cause a crease/tear while shoving it in or the scuffing caused by them packing it super tight because the scuffs are in those specific areas.

The one that really pissed me off was when they packed a couple figma so loose the sides of the figure boxes that were laying on the bottom were RUBBED RAW by movement in transit. They didn't even try to put enough paper in there and the shipping cost was still way higher than HLJ which was a double kick in the nuts.
>>
Yeah but which store gets stock with better QC/paint apps?
>>
>>5847908
I don't think you know how it works.
>>
File: sucktobeyou.jpg (21KB, 541x161px) Image search: [Google]
sucktobeyou.jpg
21KB, 541x161px
>>5847258
still showing 7580 here.
>>
>>5848537
They obviously wouldn't raise the price for already made orders, the outrage would be ridiculous.

For regular HLJ users, about how many figma-sized boxes can you order before you're forced into EMS? tired of EMS shipping being 1/3 of the price of my orders at amiami.
>>
>>5848786
The same standard rule , total size of shipping box is less than 90cm (h x w x l)and weight less than 2kg. Hlj shows size abs weight of all their items .
Just use Fedex , it's normally cheaper at Hlj .
>>
>>5848786
You can see the exact prices HLJ will charge by using their cart system. If your items aren't in stock yet you can use things that would have similar dimensions/weight and figure it out that way. EMS at HLJ is much cheaper than AmiAmi so i'd recommend you use it because as mentioned above their packing practices aren't the best. The less time it's in the hand of postal workers the better chance your stuff won't get crushed.

>>5848869
>Just use Fedex , it's normally cheaper at Hlj .
Highly recommend against this. They destroyed my $500+ HLJ order and then refused to honor the insurance without making me jump through hoops that made no sense. Unless they destroy/lose the entire order the insurance they offer is completely fucking worthless. In contrast the USPS is less likely to approve a claim but you can go down to the post office, have it inspected right in front of you and they never confiscate any of the items.

Here is what Fedex does:
1. They want you to re-pack everything -including undamaged items- into the torn up box and then have a fedex driver pick it up to SHIP it to the damage claim inspection office.
2. They will NOT allow you to reinforce this box or place it inside of another box to protect items that aren't damaged.
3. They will NOT allow you to drive it down to the inspection office personally even if it's close by.
4. They will NOT allow you to unpack figures that weren't damaged and just send the empty boxes.
5. They will NOT guarantee that further damages won't take place or that your claim will be approved if this happens.
6. They will NOT re-pack the items after inspection and WILL use the same torn up box in tatters to ship it all back to you.

In my case most the stuff was bought during a great HLJ sale so the items were either sold out or going for 2-3x more in price. Risking damage to 8 figures in good condition to file a claim for 2 damaged figures and a ton of damaged figure boxes made NO SENSE. Made me swear off using Fedex
>>
>>5847529
Since feb 2015 or so.
>>
>>5849320
That's wrong though. There has been no other figma that did what Gilgamesh did. The closest thing was figma Snake which SOLD OUT about 45-ish days from the release date. Then when it went back up for PO the discount was removed. I believe the same happened with Saber 2.0 too.

Gilgamesh didn't sell out at any point. Gilgamesh was only up for about 1 month and is 4 months away from release. This is the first time it's happened like this. Clearly the pre-order was never in danger of selling out but AmiAmi thought sales were good enough to justify raising the price.
>>
>>5847258
>OP is butthurt for being indecisive & not pre-ordering it sooner before the price hike
HAR HAR!
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.