[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lupin III

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 66

File: image.jpg (202KB, 1180x885px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202KB, 1180x885px
Any news of SHF releasing a green, red, or pink jacket Lupin? Also general Lupin figure thread.
>>
>>5846466
No and that's bullshit.
Come on Bandai! I want to unload those Revo pos.
>>
>>5846820
Why would they tease us with the blue one when Green and Red are wanted. It amazes me they don't already exist.
>>
File: image.jpg (249KB, 1180x885px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
249KB, 1180x885px
I think where the figure suffers is in the face sculpt. I appreciate the amount of detail that went in it, but it doesn't translate in figure form. It just makes him look like he has duck lips. The should of made them not stick out so much. Should of been little sculpt and mostly paint. Would of made it much better.
>>
File: lupin.jpg (89KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
lupin.jpg
89KB, 960x720px
I just picked this guy up about 2 hours ago in a little resale shop in Nanao for about 9 bucks! I really like the Master Stars Piece figures i saw a Fujiko too! I should have picked it up too...
>>
>>5848576
Been wanting to get that for awhile but the average price for it is $20 plus shipping. It's not THAT bad of a price, but I wouldn't pay more that $10 for statueshit. You got a good deal.
>>
>>5847691
Japanese releases tend to favor the newest incarnation.
>>
>>5848576
Got this whole set pretty cheap, myself. Not the best, but prize figs are prize figs.

Unlike some on /toy/, I don't mind statueshit. Although I do think that Lupin is better suited to toys.
>>
>>5849530
I don't mind statueshit as long as its a franchise I really love (like Lupin)
>>
>>5849473
But it would be so fucking cheap to just reprint the existing body mold but add different head sculpts. It's like they hate money.
>>
>>5850125
Repaint*
>>
>>5850125
It may be a licence issue. Maybe they think the additional sales wouldn't cover the licence fees for the past seasons likeness.
>>
>>5848576
This is one of only a few statues I have, and I really like it. I've also got the green jacket first episode racing suit statues, and while they aren't as nice, they're not bad looking either
>>
>>5850637
I imagine Green an Red would sell much more than blue because of how iconic they are.
>>
>>5850959
Pics?
>>
File: lupin figures 1.jpg (228KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
lupin figures 1.jpg
228KB, 960x1280px
>>5851157
Here's the statues, alongside the two SHF Lupin figures I have and Revoltech Jigen
>>
File: lupin figures 2.jpg (242KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
lupin figures 2.jpg
242KB, 1280x960px
>>5851241
I've also got Medicom Stylish Collection figures (aka Real Action Heroes before RAH existed) of Lupin, Jigen, and Fujiko. Jigen is the Castle of Cagliostro one and he's fully poseable, while Fujiko can only move her head, so she's more of a statue. Lupin can move both arms and rotate his head/feet, but that's about it. Hoping to get a few more of these, despite Jigen being the only one that's got any real poseability I really like them
>>
File: 1461885244916.jpg (156KB, 450x871px) Image search: [Google]
1461885244916.jpg
156KB, 450x871px
>>5851247
Geez that Lupin looks retarded...

Any Richfags got this beautiful bastard?
>>
>>5851247
>Dat Fujiko
>>
File: Aug 21, 2015-8_17_44 AM_.jpg (54KB, 550x393px) Image search: [Google]
Aug 21, 2015-8_17_44 AM_.jpg
54KB, 550x393px
>>5851965
That design of Fujiko is based on how she looked in episode 145 of the Red Jacket series (and my personal favorite episode)

The interesting thing is that it was the 1st out of 2 episodes directed by Hayao Miyazaki. (The other being episode being 155 which is the final episode)

It's funny to watch the series then episode 145 comes around and the quality is significantly better than the previous episodes.

I'm actually surprised that Fujiko figure exists.. There were a lot of episode based Lupin figures apparently.
>>
since i'm here I may as well tell you that AllTheAnime will be releasing part 1 of Lupin III Part 4 (would rather them just release the entire fucking set) on Blu Ray, on November 14th. I mention this because it is the 1st english release of the series. It will feature subs, but more importantly the new dub of the series. The cast of the original Adult Swim Red Jacket Dub will reprising their roles with the exception of Dan Martin/Lorge who voiced Zenigata. Rumor is Doug Erholtz will be voicing Zenigata as well as voice matching to sound Like the old Dub.

unfortunately this is a UK only release (why those bastards are getting it 1st is beyond me) BUT Discotek may announce an official release of the series during their panel at Otakon which I believe is on Saturday. (this is me mostly speculating)

To make this post even more relevant, I will say I bought the Blue Jacket figure... and it is pretty great.
>>
>>5851963
Not gonna lie the Fujiko series one still doesn't look all that great
>>
>>5851970
>There were a lot of episode based Lupin figures apparently
Yeah pretty much every minor character from green jacket had a figure in that line
>>
>>5852013
The fujiko series is fucking gorgeous. Was directed by the bitch who directed Michiko & Hatchin which was cool as fuck. I'll admit the main plot of the series isn't necessarily great, but its still more than watchable. The main reason to watch it is for the episodic episodes and the typical Lupin shenanigans. There are some amazing episodes in it. Not to mention the music was incredible which was surprising since Yuji Ohno didn't even do the music for the series. It makes sense though considering its a prequel of the 1st series which also didnt have yuji ohno. From what I know Shinichiro Watanabe served as music producer for the series. Forgot who cruelly did the music.

Overall 7/10. Would recommend
>>
>>5852024
Who actually did the music*
>>
The discotek panel is tomorrow at 12:45pm EDT.

If we're lucky we'll get announcement for the Blue Jacket series.

If we're kinda lucky, we'll get a release date for the Red Jacket DVDs and maybe a announcement for a licensed movie they'd recently got. I'd kill for a Blu Ray release of Gold Babylon or Walther P38.

If we're not lucky.. We won't get any Lupin anything. Luckily that won't happen
>>
>>5852024
That's not what I meant at all. I agree the Fujiko series looks really nice, but I was referring to the figure. The RAH Lupin doesn't look necessarily bad, but it isn't perfect if you ask me
>>
>>5853174
My gripe with the Lupin RAH is that the jacket is too dark.
>>
>>5851963
Wow, that's some sinister looking Lupin.
>>
File: rupan.jpg (123KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
rupan.jpg
123KB, 800x450px
>>5853724
I agree, and I think maybe the head is a little bit too tall? Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but it looks too stretched out compared to pic related
>>
>>5853838
If you look at a lot of shots from the show, he actually has a long pointy head so it's accurate. Even the original sketches show him with that face. Will show you.
>>
>>5853126
No blue jacket announcement, but red jacket was annouced, along with Walther P-38 on BD and Operation: Return the treasure on DVD.

Pretty great news, if you ask me. Still holding out for blue jacket, though.
>>
I can't believe how right I was.

The first set of Lupin the 3rd Part 2 will be out by December.

Walter P-38 Blu Ray/DVD combo pack will be out this year.

Also Return the treasure will be out on DVD next year.

Sadly no news on a Part 4 release, but holy fuck, if it wasnt for Doscotek, we wouldn't get any of these Lupin releases.
>>
File: IMG_0002.jpg (96KB, 1200x912px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
96KB, 1200x912px
>>5854705
>>5853838
This is what I was referring to. He does have a long pointy face in the series.
>>
File: nightmare fuel lupin.jpg (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare fuel lupin.jpg
152KB, 1920x1080px
>>5853828
Then there's this one.
>>
File: image.jpg (548KB, 2048x1548px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
548KB, 2048x1548px
I just watched the guy who voiced Lupin help someone cook some food for an hour. Might be the greatest thing I have ever seen.
>>
>>5854708
Good news for sure. I hope eventually they end up releasing Fuma Conspiracy Blu Rays though, that shit is $80 on DVD. Farewell to Nostradamus would be really nice too if only for Blu Ray quality, definitely my second favorite movie only to Cagliostro

>>5855581
>>5855592
I stand corrected, I haven't actually watched more than the first two episodes of the Fujiko series yet, despite owning the Blu Rays
>>
>>5855687
I doubt we'll get a BD of fuma any time soon.because they already put it out on DVD. Also Nostradamus was mediocre as fuck. Why would you want that? Not like the art or animation was anything special so no point in getting it on Blu Ray. The only ones worth a Blu Ray release are Gold Babylon and Fuma due the beautiful art. I would say Dead or Alive as well but it was only good cause if the art. Plot was meh. Would love a Blu Ray release of Mamo though. The art and animation aren't amazing, but its so good. It's a must have in the best quality

I own Castle of Cagliostro on Blu Ray and its the best BD I own. It's pure gold in high definition and sound. Same with the Fujiko series. Just gorgeous to look at. Most of the 80's 90's and 00's lupin movies are fine in DVD quality though... They won't look that amazing on Blu Ray. Leave that to the really special movies in which art and animation play a huge factor.

Mamo
Cagliostro
Gold Babylon
Fuma
Dead or Alive
Walther P-38
Fujiko series
Jigen's Gravestone

Are all the best choices for Blu Ray releases. The rest fall under the generic category. There are still amazing movies like Missed by a dollar and First Contact, but they won't gain anything from being released on BD. I'd settle with DVD.

With that being said, I'd rather have all the movies be on BD, but realistically that won't happen so if I had to guess which ones have the best chances of getting a BD release, it's most likely be the ones listed above.
>>
File: image.jpg (270KB, 767x1078px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
270KB, 767x1078px
>>5855800
Here's the cover of the first set of Part 2.

40 episodes is a lot. Hope it's not ridiculously overpriced. Would rather not pay over $35. Especially considering there will be 3 other sets.
>>
>>5855800
You don't think blue jacket would also be a good choice for BD?
>>
File: img_lupin.jpg (311KB, 800x953px) Image search: [Google]
img_lupin.jpg
311KB, 800x953px
You knoe who needs a figma/figuarts?
>>
>>5856237
No
>>
>>5855800
>My opinion is objectively right and if you disagree you're wrong
Also Legend of the Gold of Babylon was a straight up bad movie, some of the worst specials were better than it
>>
>>5855996
Blue Jacket IS coming out on Blue Ray.
>>
>>5856427
Gold Babylon was a fantastic movie. It was just different. You either like it or you don't.
>>
>>5856427
>how dare you try to pass off your opinion as a fact
>now watch me try to pass off my shitty opinion as a fact
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 200x150px
You know who really needs a figure...
>>
>>5856490
Of the ones listed there, Walther P-38, Fujiko's series, Jigen's Gravestone and Cagliostro are coming or already out on BD as well.
>>
>>5856237
I can't find a single thing right with any of these designs. Is Lupin supposed to be a guy or a girl, and why does Zenigata remind me of cover art for some video game magazines?
>>
>>5856579
https://youtu.be/YIRvfVdrTNU
>>
>>5856574
Yes of course. I think he was just saying those are all ones worthy of a Blu ray release. I don't think it was implied that some weren't already out
>>
>>5856579
>Tfw we've never got an accurate or handsome looking live action lupin

Every time I see either a live action Lupin movie or even a parody short, he's always played by some ugly motherfucker with cheesy fake sideburns or a chink who doesnt look anything like how Lupin should look other than just the outfit.

When are we going to get an accurate looking lupin?
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
Here's a video of Yasuo Yamada (voice of Lupin) in the Lupin outfit doing Lupin Shenanigans.

These videos are hard as fuck to find.

http://youtu.be/GOzVYXLFLeA
>>
>>5856700
I know, which is why I wondered why he didn't think blue jacket deserved a BD release as well.
>>
>>5855800
Why Gold Babylon though, it was less than mediocre.
>>
Do you guys think anyone other then lupin will get alternate versions? Lupin definitely, how couldn't they, but I'm wondering about the others. I'm real interested in zenigata but since I'm planning to wait for a green jacket s.h. figuarts I figured I might as well wait for classic zenigata since classic lupin with modern zenigata would look weird. I'm just hoping that doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.
>>
>>5857321
0/10
>>
>>5857384
I don't know to completely honest. Lupin always has the best chances. I don't about the other characters though.. Would rather just own 1 Zenigata and 1 Jigen. Wouldn't mind having Lupins. Don't know why.
>>
>>5857384
Classic Zenigata as in brown outfit, or classic Zenigata as in dark skin and orange outfit like in green jacket?

Also, I'd love green jacket Jigen with the light blue shirt and white tie
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 367x388px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 367x388px
>>5857321
>>
>>5857435
Jigen's Gravestone version would be cool as fuck.
>>
>>5857435
Yeah I was referring to the darker skined orange jacket zenigata. I actually love the modern one too but figured it would be weird to have modern zenigata with modern lupin. Hoping for classic versions of all the main cast. Really the only character I'm not interested in is Fujiko, never really cared for her.
>>
>>5857462
Oh yeah for sure
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 600x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 600x240px
You know...
>>
>>5859086
>Jigen wearing his hat high up like that
Disgraceful.
>>
>>5859120
He does it a lot on part 3. Tht series has a lot of problems in terms of character designs and choice
>jigen showing his face often
>lupin with a cleft chin and hair that's too grown out like an Afro
>Goemon with thick as fuck eyebrows

Other than that it's a great series. It's like part 2 but with overall better art (not counting some of the character designs) and animation. Hope dicotek decides to put it out on Blu Ray. I would of said DVD, but I think the quality is good enough for a BD release. Maybe even get the English cast for part 2 and part 4 to dub the series.
>>
File: 50251.jpg (33KB, 225x323px) Image search: [Google]
50251.jpg
33KB, 225x323px
>>5859086
I know
>>
>>5856579
Zenigata is looking pretty Michael Jacksonesque there to me.
>>
>>5859996
Zenacutie
>>
File: 1461837322183.jpg (754KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1461837322183.jpg
754KB, 1200x1600px
it's a shame we don't have a red jacket to go with this conan.. also anyone else feel the conan is a little too short?
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 599x337px
Figure when?
>>
File: 249477.jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
249477.jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
>>5864066
Design wise I'm knoe what I want.

Also I haven't followed much on the series but was there anything that follows up from Jigen's Gravestone with the manlet towards the end.
>>
>>5864102
Mystery of Mamo.
>>
>>5864163
>>5864102
Shame on you. Lupin is GOAT.

Mystery of Mamo is great by the way. Jigen's Gravestone fucks up the timeline because of Mamo. I originally thought Jigen's Gravestone took place not long after the Fujiko series, but Mamo takes place during Red Jacket series. PLUS Zenigata finds the Gravestones in the end which means it's before he goes to transylvania to search for Lupin.

So it must be..

Fujiko Series
Green Jacket series
Red Jacket series
Mamo
then Jigen's Gravestone
>>
Does Lupin smile?
>>
>>5864643
You mean Jigen's Gravestone then Mamo?
Anyway I'm pretty sure it goes like this:
>The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
>Jigen's Gravestone
>Mystery of Mamo
>Green Jacket
>Red Jacket
>Pink Jacket
>Most of the specials
>Blue Jacket

Just my own opinion, but basically everything Fujiko and Blue Jacket could be switched around
>>
>>5866013
>mamo taking place before green jacket
That literally does not work because Lupin and Jigen meet Goemon for the first time in the green jacket series which means Mamo would have to happen AFTER green jacket because they all know each other in mamo. That would also mean Jigen's Gravestone takes place after green jacket because Zenigata finds all their gravestones setting up the mamo story so you can't have

Jigen's gravestone (Zenigata thinks their all dead)
Green jacket (where Zenigata and Lupin see each other a lot)
Mamo (Zenigata finds out Lupin is alive)

That just doesn't make sense. Also you're original thought doesn't either

Gravestone
Mamo
Green jacket

Because of the goemon thing like I said.

Also it's a fact blue jacket takes place after pink jacket

It would go

Fujiko series
Green jacket
Jigens Gravestone
Mamo
Red jacket
Pink jacket
Blue jacket

Any of the movies can take place anywhere between green jacket and after blue jacket. I feel Cagliostro and voyage to danger are near the end.
>>
He gets angry..
>>
File: LupinMad.jpg (46KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
LupinMad.jpg
46KB, 720x544px
>>5851970
i want that castle so fucking badly, but literally NOWHERE has it
>>
>>5867358
I see it on eBay constantly. It's usually at good price. It's usually around $30. I'd get it, but I have no clue where I'd put it or even how to display it.
>>
>>5867349
sometimes
>>
>>5867663
He uses Walther
>>
>>5866025
I feel like Green vs. Red should be pretty close to the end too, especially considering that ending is open to interpretation
>>
>>5867969
Green vs red is not canon.. Like at all
>>
The machine cries "bang bang"
>>
>>5869423
Yeah, he's the Lupin the Third.
>>
>>5848576
I picked up Lupin III and Fujiko on Tokyo yesterday at Mandarake. It was good times. Waiting til I get home to mess around with them. I'm honestly okay with the blue paint scheme. But Cogliostro was my first exposure to the character.
>>
>>5869152
Why's that? There's nothing that ever says the real Lupin didn't win that fight at the end, and nothing in the movie contradicts any other Lupin animation (aside from the two Cagliostro cameos)
>>
>>5869152
>canon
God I hate you pretentious twats.
>>
>>5870261
Whoops I thought that was a figuarts
>>
>>5870350
It isn't canon because it was only mean't to be a tribute to the franchise because of it's 40th annerversary or whatever. It logically cannot work due to obvious reasons. The only other film that may not be canon is First Contact because it contradicts the events that happen in the Fujiko series. Now In the end of the movie they made it seem like the events may have been made up by Lupin in which case the film could be canon. It really depends. Other than those 2, all other films and OVA's can be considered canon.
>>
>>5870645
>It logically cannot work due to obvious reasons.
I asked why and you still haven't told me why it can't be canon. Nothing contradicts any previous events in Red vs. Green.
>First Contact
Like you said, it's made very clear that it was a made-up story by Lupin. Goemon calls it a fairy tale when he shows up, and then in the credits sequence it shows the four of them steal the treasure from the story in a completely different way from a completely different location. The story might be different from the Fujiko series, but the special doesn't contradict anything.
>>
>>5870772
It isn't canon because it doesn't make sense. There are thousands and thousands of Lupins which is why it can't be canon. You could make the argument that all those Lupins are just imposters but that would mean all those Lupins you see in Cagliostro, Mamo, and all the other films are not the real Lupin which is just ridiculous. It completely ruins all the other events by saying "hey that wasnt even really lupin" which is a terrible idea. I don't see anyone actually taking it seriously to the point where they consider it canon. It's just a tribute film. Let it be that.

As for first contact, I said it may not be canon, though I can't be completely sure. Yes it did seem like Lupin made it all up, but if you remember during the credits, you see the tube that was cut in half by goemon which is what happened in Lupin's story thus making it possibly true, and the film possibly canon. Like I said. Not too sure, but I'll still go with not canon.
>>
>>5871108
>You could make the argument that all those Lupins are just imposters but that would mean all those Lupins you see in Cagliostro, Mamo, and all the other films are not the real Lupin which is just ridiculous.
There's literally nothing in Green vs. Red that implies the Lupin from all the other movies isn't the same guy. GvR takes place after Lupin had seemingly disappeared. Some people wanted to imitate him and become what he once was, and it became somewhat of a trend and caught on with a bunch of other people, which then got the attention of the real Lupin (red), who then ended up being set up by one of the fakes to challenge the best of the imposters, Yasuo (green). Who the winner was is left vague, but that only implies that Lupin continued to be Lupin or was replaced by Yasuo. There are only two possible "true" Lupins, and my personal opinion says the real one won the fight, meaning the same Lupin continued to fill that spot. There's nothing in the OVA that says any of the other episodes/movies/specials had an imposter as the main character, considering all those imposters only showed up at the beginning of GvR.
>>
He smiles
>>
>>5872370
No
>>
But he gets angry
>>
>>5872834
...sometimes
>>
He's a groovy guy
>>
>>5872875
Not really
>>
Is there anywhere I can watch Italian Game with English subs?
>>
File: 3e3.jpg (97KB, 600x634px) Image search: [Google]
3e3.jpg
97KB, 600x634px
>>5872678
>>5872891
>>
File: JointPics_20160824_041813.jpg (412KB, 826x560px) Image search: [Google]
JointPics_20160824_041813.jpg
412KB, 826x560px
>>5872893
I'll have fun when Jigen and Zenigata releases. Beyond that all that's left to talk about is speculation on the next colored Lupin release and whatever anime topic pops up.
>>
Speaking of which.. When will Are we getting a Green Jacket Lupin? This shit is taking forever.
>>
I wonder if anyone has made a Jigen's Gravestone custom from the Blupin figure.
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 800x800px
Anyone got this?
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 497x500px
>>5874846
I'd love a 6 inch version of this Lupin.
>>
File: image.jpg (217KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217KB, 1024x1024px
Lupin always does things better
>>
>>5877280
The fact that Lupin's done the bang thing on at least two occasions is ironic considering they came after Bebop, yet the Bebop cast was based on the the Lupin cast
>>
>>5877762
Well watanabe served as music producer for that Lupin series in which that picture is from. The music is great by the way. If Someone could link me to the Fujiko series OST. It would be great.
>>
>>5877762
Watanabe has even admitted he's stole.. Whoops "tributes" so much Lupin shit in his series, especially Bebop. Would explain why they're so good. A little dash of Lupin makes every show better.
>>
>>5878214
Just for you, anon.

http://www.mediafire.com/?by3sxxu7sth3w59
>>
>>5879635
You are a good person.
>>
>>5878216
Yeah, the trio of Spike, Jet, and Faye looks quite a bit like Lupin, Jigen, and Fujiko
>>
>>5881072
Ed is clearly Goemon
>>
>>5881319
Well, they're both the "weird" one
>>
>>5881968
So does that make Zenigata the dog?
>>
I never watched the Lupin vs Conan specials, nor do I really care to because Case Closed doesn't interest me at all and the ugly artstyle clashes horribly with the Lupin style, but all these Cowboy Bebop comparisons are just reminding me of how much cooler a crossover between it and Lupin would be. Not only are the Bebop crew inspired by the Lupin characters, but it's literally a bunch of bounty hunters and criminals, it would work perfectly
>>
>>5856579
You know this is a production of the Takarazuka Revue, the all-female Japanese playhouse that has been doing all female plays for over a hundred years, right?
>>
>>5882725
Does anyone really give a shit?
>>
>>5881980
The 1st Conan crossover is great. The theatrical film is mediocre.
>>
>>5882725
You know that a video was linked right after he posted that, pretty much explaining it, right?
Obviously not, you colossal dumbass.
>>
Glenn Webb dies, now gene wilder. What the fuck. Would of loved an SHF Willy Wonka figure.

Gene would of played a great Live action Zenigata.
>>
Nice man
>>
>>5885440
He's a Lupin
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 261x193px
Spooky Lupin figure when?
>>
>>5885579
Why do you hate fun?
>>
>>5886603
What are you talking about
>>
He's so sexy
>>
File: image.jpg (187KB, 770x1053px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187KB, 770x1053px
>>5887315
Now that I think about it. Lupin might be one of the few attractive anime characters.
>not a chink
>doesn't have faggot anime hair
>isn't feminine and doesnt look like a 9 year old
>isn't a pussy or acts like an awkward loser around girls.
>confident
>strong
>super athletic
>extremely intelligent
>can be romantic when he wants to be

Honestly. He might be the best.
>>
File: 1280x720-7Rr.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-7Rr.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>5887440
He's so sexy
>>
>>5887520
I still don't understand that design choice for Part III. I guess they wanted it to look more like how Monkey Punch drew him in the early manga stories. Hate the cleft chin and how large his hair is. Looks like an Afro.
>>
>>5887520
They look almost like Shin Chan characters.
>>
Is any of pink jacket actually worth watching
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 322x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 322x420px
>>5887546
What do you mean? Worth as in seeing? Yes. It's literally as good as red jacket except with higher animation quality, but also with a different art style

If you're just referring to merchandise, it probably is because I NEVER see anything from pink jacket be sold. They don't really make figures or whatever of pink jacket. You can buy the cels online and they're pretty cheap. Other than that, not much pink jacket merch.

Also figure when?
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
Holy shit. I'm watching FLCL (which is pretty shitty by the way) while browsing this thread, and all of a sudden I see the dad wearing the red jacket outfit while talking about Lupin. It's a long reference as well. This is hilarious.

http://youtu.be/xy8S2uQ7Zeg

http://youtu.be/xy8S2uQ7Zeg
>>
>>5887557
Are you by any chance the same guy that was saying Legend of the Gold of Babylon was one of your favorites
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 360x240px
>>5887581
No? I don't believe I have ever mentioned anything about Babylon until now. I will say it's one of the movies I enjoy the most. I know it's flawed in terms of story structure, but it's just so enjoyable to watch especially after most of the generic looking movies and specials scattered throughout the 90's and 00's. it's just nice to see something different every now and then.
>>
File: lynchman and johnnyboya.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
lynchman and johnnyboya.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>5887569
From Redline
>>
File: persona lupin.png (661KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
persona lupin.png
661KB, 1280x720px
>>5887587
And another from Persona 5
>>
>>5887587
Jesus Christ. I don't even remember the last time I didn't see a Lupin reference.
>Bebop
>Shin Chan
>Gintama
>Genshiken
>Even Samurai Jack which isn't even anime
>>
>>5887591
Wow they managed to take something that looked cool and make it look gay as fuck.
>>
>>5887593
>Isn't even anime
>It's animated
So you're one of THOSE fucking retards.
>>
>>5887961
>Retards
Calm down, autism. I think he was just referring to how jack isn't a Japanese show like the others mentioned so having a Lupin reference is much more unique.
>>
this thread gets angry
>>
>>5889012
sometimes
>>
He carries Walther
>>
>>5890260
The machine cries
>>
File: Siona1447961538.jpg (44KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Siona1447961538.jpg
44KB, 640x640px
Is there any clearer shots of Goemon?

I don't follow Bandai events all that often but I would imagine someone took a good shot of him somewhere.
>>
>>5891171
I wonder why they went with pink.
>>
>>5891554
Because these are based off of part 4's designs.
>>
>>5891572
Yeah no shit. That doesn't explain why.
>>
GUYS. this is shit gets me hype. who's getting it??

https://twitter.com/Jose_CNN/status/768294226308108290

fuck. when are we gonna get a good red jacket figure?
>>
>>5892597
Old news
>>
>>5892597
It was just shown 2 weeks ago. The only thing that's old news is the fact that discotek required the rights to it. We now have a trailer and a release date.
>>
>>5892643
The release date was announced weeks ago.
>>
>>5893059
Yeah. Two weeks ago like what anon just said.
>>
>>5894293
Three weeks ago, not two. Meaning we don't "now" have a release date. We had it weeks ago.
>>
>>5894493
Well unless you stay up to date which I assume most people don't, you wouldn't know. This is why mentioning it is a good thing so most people can also be aware.
>>
>>5894777
It was mentioned three weeks ago in this thread.
>>
>>5895105
All we got was a fact that it will be released in December. We now know it will be released on the 4th of December. Also that preview of the Box Sets wasnt posted in the thread 3 weeks ago so it's the 1st time some people are seeing it. I should also mention that AllTheAnime will not be releasing the Lupin Part 4 BD on the 14th of November in the UK because those dumbasses didn't even know a dub was being worked on even though it was stated months ago and you'd think they'd know due to the fact they're releasing the series. Basically it's being delayed until next year so they can get the rights to be able to use the dub for their release.
>>
>>5891658
Part 4 uses pink. They went off those designs. Ipso facto: Pink.

How is it that hard for you to understand you dumb shitcock?
>>
>>5895177
Are you usually this autistic over something so minuscule or are you always this much of a piece of shit?
>>
File: 1456476999879.png (472KB, 972x679px) Image search: [Google]
1456476999879.png
472KB, 972x679px
He smiles
>>
>Tfw no lupin Christmas special
>>
>>5897952
I'd expect something big next year, what with the 50th anniversary being right around the corner
>>
>>5898126
You think so? I'm just expecting a new TV special at best.
>>
Post some TWIN PEAKS
>>
>>5899973
The fuck are you talking about
>>
>>5899939
I'd hope so, but yeah I guess I shouldn't set myself up for disappointment
>>5900636
Fujiko's name roughly translates to twin peaks of Mt. Fuji
>>
>>5901541
Is it a titty joke?
>>
>>5902332
Yep
>>
>>5895231
>autistic
Nice meme buzzword. You can't defend the fact you're too stupid to to understand a basic idea, so you resort to a reddit tier comeback.
>>
>>5902332
Still can't grasp those simple concepts can you? He fucking explained that right in his post.
Maybe you should stop calling other people autsitic until you get a handle on your own place on the spectrum.
>>
File: goemon movie.png (985KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
goemon movie.png
985KB, 1366x768px
>>5902625
It's not like it was some huge inconvenience for me to explain it, calm the fuck down and stop ruining the thread

In other news, anyone else hear about Goemon getting his own movie? Sequel to Jigen's Gravestone, apparently. The trailer's got a nice aesthetic, reminds me a lot of Persona 5. The music is good too, I hope we get a full version of this theme
https://youtu.be/mJbdrllipvw
>>
File: cry-for-me.jpg (110KB, 635x354px) Image search: [Google]
cry-for-me.jpg
110KB, 635x354px
>>5903066
>>
>>5902625
>replies to 2 different people
>acts like it's the same person
>>
>>5903066
The music isn't too bad but I'm not feeling the guy who's singing though.

Also lets hope this leads to a new figure. Hopining Lupin is not wearing Blue jacket again. Would love to finally get a SHF Green Jacket figure.
>>
>>5903381
I do love blue jacket but a figure series in the style of the Fujiko series would be fantastic. But now that you mention it I do wonder what color jacket he'll wear in the movie. Maybe red considering the amount of red in that trailer, though I feel like red jacket would look weird in that artstyle. Green or blue would be better, or maybe they'll go with something new altogether
>>
>>5903528
You see Lupin in the trailer. The jacket he's wearing is definitely not red.
>>
>>5903681
If I had to guess I'd say it looks kinda green, but it's more or less impossible to tell what color it is based on that shot
>>
>>5904238
Yes but it's easy to tell what colors it's not
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 300x225px
What's the best episode of pink jacket? Also when the fuck are we getting a pink jacket figure? Long overdue
>>
File: party.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
party.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
My Blue Jacket figure just arrived, celebration time
>>
>>5907831
It's annoying as fuck we still haven't gotten a SHF red or green jacket figure.
>>
>>5906142
Would suck a dick for pink jacket figure
>>
Anyone got any vintage Lupin figures?
>>
>>5913661
I posted mine quite some time ago. Fourth and fifth pictures in the thread. Not sure how "vintage" they are, but they're definitely old, Jigen's bubble packaging was yellowed
>>
>>5908496
>Still haven't.
Bro, blue Jacket literally came out this year. We had no reason to think we were even getting that until it was announced. It's very likely we'll get all four jackets, once the other characters are released.

I'd personally get the whole crew before turning Lupin into the next Goku and let him completely dominate the line.
>>
>>5913841
Post pictures
>>
>>5915052
>Post pictures
>Fourth and fifth pictures in the thread.
>>
>>5851247
That Fujiko is from best episode of red jacket series.
>>
>>5915052
>>5915993
Yeah already posted but I'll post some more tomorrow if anyone wants
>>5916500
Agreed, a friend and I marathoned all the specials and are doing red jacket now, we aren't too far yet but of the episodes I've seen that airship episode is without a doubt my favorite
>>
>>5916762
I'm 60 episodes into red jacket. I had would probably of finished it by now, but I'm gonna wait for the DVD's to come out.
>>
>>5917704
That's not a bad idea, I did that with green jacket
>>
>>5917715
I hsvent bought green jacket yet for 2 reasons.

1. I have always been optimistic about the idea of Series 1 getting a dub so I wanted to wait for that but I think it may never happen at this point which is ridiculous.

2. I would rather get the original discotek release over the slim pack because it looks better and I think it will look nicer next to the upcoming red jacket sets, unfortunately it's more expensive though. Don't know if I'm willing to drop $40 on an all subbed series. I watched the series and loved the jap actors, but not enough for that price... Though I am being hypocritical cause I do plan on buying the all subbed red jacket sets as well.. If Pink Jacket ever gets a release, I'll just buy all the series.

Aw shit. I just realized all the money I'm gonna being paying for all these new Lupin releases.

Red Jacket sets = $150--$200
Part 4 BD = $30-$40
Walther P38 combo pack $20-$25
Blood Spray of Goemon BD $20

Lupin 2017 going to fuck me up
>>
>>5918288
Honestly I much prefer the japanese voices, but to each his own. I'm in the same situation with these upcoming releases though, definitely hyped for the red jacket and Goemon BDs.

I'm not sure what the difference between the Discotek and Eastern Star releases are, I know the Discotek comes with a disc full of bonus content but I never got around to seeing what any of that was. I mostly just thought the box looked nicer so i was willing to spend the extra $13 for it
>>
>>5918470
I noticed Discotek filled the Castle of Cagliostro BD with literally too much shit as well as a commentary. It's pretty awesome, though when they released Jigens Gravestone, it had no special features. I imagine they spent most of their money on a dub for it. I'm expecting the goemon movie to get the same treatment.
>>
>>5887569
>FLCL (which is pretty shitty by the way)
Kill yourself
>>
When the fuck are they gonna open preorders for Goemon? Is it canceled or what?
>>
>>5919777
I'm gonna be pissed if he's canceled, it's bad enough I gotta pay as much as I do for Jigen and Zenigata
>>
>>5919772
>how dare you have a different opinion than me

Grow up you child. also to be fair, he's not wrong. There's literally no plot, it's a bunch of random events that make no sense and so do the characters. Just because you find enjoyment in it's meme humor does not make it a good show.
>>
>>5919777
With him getting his own movie in the next couple months, I'm sure they'll release it by then.
>>
>>5920786
>uses "how dare you have a different opinion than me" to call out that anon
>argues that his/her own opinion is the "right" opinion immediately after
>>
>>5921243
But anon. He has a point.
>>
>>5921586
Doesn anyone know if the Japanese release of jigen's gravestone has any special features? I have the discotek version which has the cool dub, but doesn't have any other features. Does the jap version have anything?
>>
I remember reading it in the last thread but how well does the Revoltech Lupin hands match up for the SHF? Figured I can go for two for different displays and I think I've seen his go for decent prices from random searches on Mandarake and AmiAmi
>>
>>5921842
The green jacket revo hands go perfect with the SHF. The red jacket revo doesn't work has well because the skin tone is too different.

I should also mention, even though the revo hands fit the SHF, it doesn't make sense to have them because the Revo hands are hairy whereas I don't believe blue jacket Lupin from the series doesn't have hairy hands. It's not a big deal, but it does seem weird.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-20-21-49-45.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-20-21-49-45.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>5922792
Thanks, I just feel odd not having the hair on the hands but that's just me.

>because the Revo hands are hairy whereas I don't believe blue jacket Lupin from the series doesn't have hairy hands.

It's there actually.
>>
File: hairy hands.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
hairy hands.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>5922792
The intro is full of close ups on his hands, between the very first scene where puts his jacket on, the scene where he shifts gears in the car, and the scene where he loads his gun and points it into the sky
>>
>>5876364
This Lupin seriously reminds me of Robbie Rotten, Jesus Nutbusting Christ
>>
>>5923242
The guy from Lazy Town? There's a comparison I never thought I'd hear in a million years
>>
>>5924501
It's actually pretty insulting if you ask me.
>>
File: 050.jpg (412KB, 971x655px) Image search: [Google]
050.jpg
412KB, 971x655px
>>5924501
lel
>>
>>5925836
There are definite similarities but neither would really make me think of the other on their own
>>
>>5925785
I'm sure Lupin is glad you're here to defend him in this thread.
>>
>>5925836
I'm not seeing it.
>>
File: 1431335795411.jpg (321KB, 1564x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1431335795411.jpg
321KB, 1564x1056px
This version of Lupin needs a figure, even if it's just an extra headsculpt/hands for a regular green jacket figure. Would gladly buy 2.
>>
>>5929216
There's a 1/6 one if you're into that
>>
>>5929900
I was thinking more of a figurarts version.
>>
These threads last surprisingly long
>>
>>5932855
There's that one weird anon bumping with random sentences about Lupin on the off times for discussion. Same deal with the last Lupin thread so the threads avoid being archived.
>>
>>5932886
Idk about just one, there's probably a handful of people that have been bumping it
>>
>>5932886
He smiles
>>
File: 1474954824899~01.jpg (247KB, 1600x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1474954824899~01.jpg
247KB, 1600x1170px
>>5934742
If you're going to bump at least reference Jigen's new release anon instead of randomly posting sentences.
>>
File: Py.png (1MB, 1102x833px) Image search: [Google]
Py.png
1MB, 1102x833px
What minor Lupin characters would you like to see figures of?

A Pycal figure would be neat.
>>
>>5846466
Much as I would love a green jacket SHF, I doubt I'd be willing to throw down 6500 yen for it, especially after paying under 3000 yen for blue even before he came out.
>>
>>5935200
What online stores have him for sale?
>>
>>5936299
You missed out on the initial orders since he's an exclusive but I remember an anon mentioning that Zengigata and Jigen could end up on Bluefin releases or something along those lines and be available through other sites that way. Otherwise Mandarake and other 2nd hand sites will eventually have stock from previous owners. Not sure how well he will drop in price since the exclusive status exist but seeing how cheap Lupin ended up, I can wait a few months for a solid deal.
>>
>>5935200
>implying his post was random
>>
>>5935557
That pycal episode is one of the weakest episodes in the series and pycal is a mediocre character in general. The manga version was a little bit better, but it's still pretty dumb
>>
>>5936753
To be fair, he got a whole special based on him. It was one of the worst ones in my opinion, but it happened
>>
>>5937879
Of course it's one of the worst if not the worst. Pycal is just a shit character.
>>
>>5935557
I'll care about minor characters once I'll have a cohesive main cast line up and all the jackets.
>>
>>5938298
He was significantly less shit in the green jacket episode though, the special was just all sorts of bad and didn't really have an ending. That being said, in some aspects I'd say it was better than The Last Job and whichever one had Kyosuke Mamou in it (literally a recycled green jacket villain, he didn't even "return" like Pycal did, plus the whole "we gotta get back to the future" plot was bad)
>>5938452
I doubt we'll ever see a pink jacket figure, we'll get Nix and Rebecca way before that. I honestly don't see them moving past the five blue jacket figures, I'm worried about Goemon as it is now
>>
>>5939095
Goemon is getting his own theatrical movie in Febuary. Chances are, he'll most likely be getting a release.
>>
>>5939384
Here's hoping. It'll suck having the other four with no Goemon to complete the main cast set.
>>
>>5935557
A Count Cagliostro would be cool, also as >>5929216 said a Miyazaki Lupin would be great.
>>
>>5939384
Oh good point, that slipped my mind
>>
>>5848514

you are the one with duck lips
>>
>>5940561
>Replying to a one month old post with "n-n-no you h-have duck lips!"
Fuck off.
>>
>>5940433
Yeah. Maybe we'll even get a re-paint of the Goemon figure to look like his movie version
>>
>>5920786
This is factually wrong on so many levels.
What, did the girl you liked like this show too and you just couldn't make it with her, or what?
>>
>>5942730
>replying to a post over 20 days old
Stop shitposting, and stop have shit taste.
>>
>>5941930
If they go with Lupin's blue jacket like they did in the Jigen movie, I wouldn't be surprised if Goemon wore pink again. I could be wrong though, who knows how they'll redesign/recolor him.

That being said, rather than just a repaint I'd love a series of 1/12 scale figures in the style of the Fujiko/Jigen/Goemon stuff. I get that it makes more sense to have figures based on the mainline series, but the artstlye in the Fujiko series and these two OVAs is so good
>>
File: 1474955859790.jpg (750KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1474955859790.jpg
750KB, 1600x1200px
2ch thread for the Figuarts Jigen

http://nov.2chan.net/y/res/3581068.htm
>>
File: 1474963049323.jpg (804KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1474963049323.jpg
804KB, 1600x1200px
>>
>>
File: 1475067982795.jpg (144KB, 660x878px) Image search: [Google]
1475067982795.jpg
144KB, 660x878px
Last shot
>>
>>5946000
Teydidnt even sculpt the eyes for jigen? That's pure laziness
>>
What's the best fujiko figure?
>>
>>5946469
SHF one that came out months ago.
>>
File: weirdest secret.png (1MB, 695x901px) Image search: [Google]
weirdest secret.png
1MB, 695x901px
>>5945997
sheesh
Even Hasbro has done shit like that better.
>>
>>5945990
>that Goemon
Please, please, please get released.
>>
>>5947718
That Goemon is released though. It's a statue. That isn't a pic of the SHF
>>
File: 1475035330175.jpg (115KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1475035330175.jpg
115KB, 640x640px
>>5947718
>>5947882
Yeah, you can see the Goemon SHF in the background of this pic.
>>
>>5948307
The legs seem problematic
>>
>>5950637
I'm not sure how else they'd pull off those baggy pants honestly
>>
>>5951945
He's a tough character to make in figure form.
>>
Is it safe to say we won't see any lupin at New York comic con?
>>
>>5948307
Still don't like the face sculpt for lupin.
>>
File: 217de46a.jpg (57KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
217de46a.jpg
57KB, 1024x819px
>>5956278
At least the grinning face looks good.
>>
>>5956895
I agree, but I don't like displaying my figures with exaggerated facial expressions. I appreciate all the headsculpts we get, but for display purposes, I have them with a straight, or even a grin face like Lupin for example.
>>
>>5946000
You could easily make a jigen's Gravestone version of Lupin just by giving the blue jacket figure jigen's legs.
>>
>>5846466
>buy Jigen revo
>package tracking says it was delivered
>nowhere to be found; it's neither on my doorstep nor in my PO box

Life is suffering
>>
>>5961855
Just call up USPS or your local office and refer your tracking info. Had a few moments with that before and at worst they ended up doing an investigation that had the driver miss delivering one half of my order.
>>
>>5961855
That happened to me though it turned out I made a small error with my address.
>>
>>5964029
Why were there like 5 posts deleted?
>>
>>5967626
A few people were bumping with the lyrics to Nice Guy
>>
>>5968493
Is that not relevant to the lupin thread. Dumbass mods deleting shit they know nothing about.
>>
>>5969221
I figured mods thought that was really pointless bumping unless something escapes me about how that's relevant for a Lupin thread on /toy/
>>
>>5969221
It's shitposting.
There's no reason to keep bumping a tread that's as dead as this one.
Let it fucking die in peace.
>>
>>5969502
You're legit shitposting.
>>
File: Siona1475487170.jpg (187KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Siona1475487170.jpg
187KB, 1200x1200px
>>5970296
Not him but there's no reason for bumping at all seeing how discussion is mixed between anime talk and figures and as of right now all we have to ride on is Zenigata's release at the end of the month.

If the thread dies, then wait it off until someone makes a new thread otherwise bumping with those pointless sentences just makes mods delete them again.
>>
>>5970313
Probably should see the recent anime to know what that accessory is for Zenigata. Would rather wait for the dub though.
>>
>>5970357
It's a Truncheon going by what one product pages mentions. It just gives Zenigata a melee option instead of going purely pistol if you want to display him that way.
>>
>>5970357
>Probably should see the recent anime
He has that in Castle of Cagliostro, tons of other specials, and I wanna say some red jacket episodes but I could be wrong about that last part
>>
>>5970704
Oh yes I remember
>>
>jigen and zenigata are exclusives
>if they shelfwarm they will lessen the chances of goemon coming out
Well that sucks.

Anyways, I really don't want to pay 80 dollars for Jigen. Hoping he starts appearing on second hand sites.
>>
File: Snapchat-1603250787503259184.jpg (529KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1603250787503259184.jpg
529KB, 1080x1776px
Man I fucking loved Lupin man, watched and read everything I could sans the live action adaptations and
>>5859214
because
>>5859086
Was so fucking bad I deleted the whole torrent 10 minutes in to the first episode.

I love my little figure though, first one I ever bought.
>>
>>5973341
He has. I got mine for 6k and even with the lack of eyes, it feels odd not having Jigen if I have Lupin around. You have to work the hat if you want to do certain shots or displays or else the eyeless face makes things really weird.

Only real changeup I want to do is find good muzzle flashes for his revolver and possibly smoke effects for his cigarette head.
>>
>>5974107
>no smokey in jigens mouth head sculpt
Why live?
>>
>>5974897
Jigen would want you to
>>
Green jacket figure when?
>>
>>5974897
Cigs are bad anon.
>>
>>5970313
How old is Zenigata?
>>
>>5981146
Presumably older than the rest of the main characters
>>
>>5974897
>>
>>5981146
I believe in his early to late 50's.
>>
>>5981239
Assuming Zenigata is that old, I'd say Lupin/Jigen/Fujiko are in their early 30's with Goemon in his early 20s?
>>
>>5981247
What makes you think goemon is that young? On wikia, it states that Lupin is in his late 20's during all the series. So if he's 26 during the Fujiko series, he can be 29 in the blue jacket series. Jigen seems like the oldest so he very well be in his early 30's. I'd imagine goemon and Fujiko are around the same age as lupin. Zenigata is in his eary 50's. the movies are a different story. Lupin is anywhere from his early 20's to mid 40's.
>>
>>5983247
Idk I'm just kinda speculating, I'm not sure my guesses are anywhere near accurate. Lupin wikia is a mess though, a lot of the stuff on there doesn't seem accurate. Also, what makes you think blue jacket takes place 3 years after the Fujiko series? Ignoring the fact that the Fujiko series feels very mid-20th century and they're using laptops in blue jacket, I feel like way too much happens between green jacket and blue jacket for it to all take place within 3 years, especially when the beginning of red jacket says it's been a good while (can't remember how many years, but at least a few IIRC) since the end of green jacket
>>
>>5983256
The Fujiko series was purposely made to look retro because it is a prequel to the green jacket series (which was during the 70's) but they're both suppose to take place in modern time to make the latest series canon and work. Cartoons are just weird like that. I'm only assuming all the series are a few years apart from each other because it says on the wikia that lupin is in his late 20's for every series. Granted wikia may not be accurate, but it's the only thing we have that gives us some insight on some sort of timeline. Red jacket said its been a few years because the series came back after like 7 years which would be in real time, BUT that doesn't work 40 years later since the characters are still young in part 4.
>>
>>5983351
there are some people who think jigen's gravestone takes place during the blue jacket series...casuals
>>
Got jigen on the way now, very excited
>>
>>5983351
>it's the only thing we have that gives us some insight on some sort of timeline
I disagree, especially since a lot of what's on the wiki is fan speculation. A lot of the specials, movies, and episodes can be put together to get estimated times between each other. Cagliostro has to take place at least a year after whichever series came before it, since Fujiko and Lupin had been apart for a year. Same goes for he time between Red Jacket and Green Jacket, what with the comment about it being years since the group was together at the beginning of the first episode. I wouldn't pay much attention to the wiki, since I'm sure whoever wrote Lupin was in his late 20's was just basing it on their own headcanon. He may very well be in his late 20's at some point in the series, but there's nothing that proves he was the same age throughout all 4 series and every special. Either way, this discussion is pointless because some mod will probably delete it anyway

>>5985272
I'd say it took place between Fujiko and Green Jacket if not for the Goemon cameo in the end. It's hard to place it in the series, but it's definitely somewhere chonologically early (aka way before blue jacket)
>>
>>5986176
Cagliostro takes place later in the timeline which is why Lupin was more of a hero rather than a thief. He was older and wiser. He even admitted he was an amateur theif 10 years prior. So he would of been in his early to mid 30's during the film.

Jigen's gravestone take place after Fujiko and green jacket. If I had to guess it takes place either right before red jacket, or early on in the red jacket run. That's a fact because the end of jigen's gravestone sets up Mamo's story in which they all know Goemon at that point and they don't meet Goemon until green jacket. Plus the period between the end of jigen's Gravestone and the beginning Mamo, Zenigata is looking for Lupin because he doesn't believe he is dead so it obviously can't take place before or during green jacket because Zenigata sees Lupin every episode.

This is the accurate timeline.

Fujiko Series
Green jacket
Jigen's gravestone
Mamo
Red Jacket
Pink jacket
Blue Jacket

Then you have some of the movies like cagliostro and Tokyo crisis which take place later in the timeline, especially Tokyo crisis in which Lupin is in his 40's. all the other movies and specials can take place anywhere between most of the series.
>>
>>5986876
I'd say Cagliostro could take place even before Blue Jacket, he's pretty "heroic" in Blue Jacket compared to the earlier series. I agree with everything you say though, that sounds like a pretty accurate timeline to me
>>
>>5988731
Cagliostro could take place before blue jacket, but I don't like that idea. I'd rather assume cagliostro takes place after all the series.
>>
>>5985828
Nice. I have one on order, though I'm just waiting for the rest of my other PO'd figures to be in-stock until they ship out mine.

Can't wait to get Zenigata too, and here's hoping they haven't cancelled Goemon and just waiting for a good time to release him.
>>
File: 1477478810436.jpg (459KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477478810436.jpg
459KB, 1600x1200px
Pics for Inspector Zenigata
>http://nov.2chan.net/y/res/3592920.htm
>>
File: 1477479340344.jpg (790KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477479340344.jpg
790KB, 1600x1200px
>>
File: 1477479755533.jpg (773KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477479755533.jpg
773KB, 1600x1200px
>>
>>5988953
weird. I'd think an angry yelling face would be the obvious extra face choice.
>>
What's the cheapest price to get jigen and Zenigata? I'd pay any amount for a lupin figure since he's my favorite character, but I'd rather not pay a shit Ton for secondary characters.
>>
>>5989654
You are looking at 5k-6k on Mandarake.
>>
>>5989656
Lupin III Series II Collection 1 up for preorder If anyone is interested.
>>
>>5988836
Cagliostro has to canonically take place before Blue Jacket, Italian Game (which really needs subs) references it a lot apparently, and there's a scene where Fujiko's drinking wine in an episode and she says "I'll have one for the Count of Cagliostro" or something
>>
>>5992123
Because the count is still alive during blue jacket. Cagliostro take place after.
>>
>>5992235
Where are you getting that from? Like I said, Italian Game has to take place after Cagliostro, no ifs ands or buts.

A summary: In fact, a mysterious person is pulling the strings behind the scenes. He calls himself the Masked Earl, and before Rebecca was kidnapped he issued a challenge to Lupin, suggesting a contest: to see who can first obtain the famous inheritance of the Count of Cagliostro. The paths of British MI-6 Agent Nyx, Italian Police Chief Sergio, paparazzo Salo chasing Rebecca, and the Count's descendent Earl Gaspare all cross. Who really is the Masked Earl? And will Lupin be able to overcome the trap set by the Masked Earl? The curtain rises on the most dangerous Italian Game!
>the famous inheritance of the Count of Cagliostro
>inheritance
The count is dead by Italian Game
>>
>>5988963
This. I didn't realize it before but knowing now, I'm surprised that he didn't get one.
>>
>>5993968
Wasn't the count apart of a famous bloodline of cagliostro's? It may not refer to THAT count but a previous count or the family's fortune in general. Does lupin even mention that he's the one who put an end to the count? I refuse to believe they are referring to that count unless lupin at least mentions he wrecked his shit or that he cross paths with him. That just seems like an important thing to bring up.
>>
>>5995748
Why do you care so much
>>
>>5995898
Because it's just weird to think that CoC which has always been known to take place later in the timeline to all of a sudden take place before the newest series. It wouldn't be so bad if the cagliostro's version of Lupin wasn't so mature and heroic. At that time he was tired of being a thief and decided to dedicate the entirety of the story to help a girl in need. Even at the end, he could of gotten the girl and actually considered it thus showing signs of him being a mature adult.

Blue Jacket Lupin still acts like a young overly silly Lupin who just wants to steal and be the typical thief he always has been. He does show signs of maturing in the series and does do some good things, but by the end he still acts like classic Lupin and not the older Lupin in Cagliostro which is why it makes sense it would take place before Cagliostro and not after. I could just be over thinking it but the timeline is already confusing as fuck, don't need it to be even more confusing.
>>
>>5995907
Here we go
>Wasn't the count apart of a famous bloodline of cagliostro's? It may not refer to THAT count
If it doesn't refer to the Ghibli count, the inheritance would be given to that count. Besides, that summary clearly states that Earl Gaspare (who is not the count from CoC) is the descendant in question.
>It wouldn't be so bad if the cagliostro's version of Lupin wasn't so mature and heroic.
Blue Jacket Lupin looks past his initial goal of stealing something for profit to help people on multiple occasions. The soccer player and the teachers come to mind, I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one more.
>At that time he was tired of being a thief
Literally started the movie by robbing a casino
>Even at the end, he could of gotten the girl and actually considered it
He never considered that, he's way older than Clarisse anyway
>I could just be over thinking it but the timeline is already confusing as fuck
You're definitely overthinking it because Lupin isn't meant to be looked at as a whole timeline, but despite that it's not really that confusing outside of the ambiguity of where the specials all take place.
>The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
>Green Jacket
>Red Jacket
>Pink Jacket
>Blue Jacket
Return of Pycal takes place after Green Jacket, Cagliostro takes place before Blue Jacket, and the rest of the specials have no definite place in the timeline aside from Jigen's Gravestone needing to take place before Mystery of Mamo.
>>
It's good to see this thread going after 2 1/2 months.
>>
>>5997314
Yeah, not for much longer though. I'm hoping someone starts up another Lupin thread even though there isn't much reason to
>>
>>5997327
I shall once this one is dead and buried. Lupin doesn't get much love on /a/. they're too busy hyping up their loli harems and boring gundam shit. There's gonna be a lot of lupin news coming up and into next year so that might all change. For now, /toy/ will be the home of Lupin. If we're lucky, we may get new figures considering they would only need to be repaints with new headsculpts. It also helps that we get new Lupin content every year including a new theatrical film starring goemon coming out in February.
>>
>>5997389
I'm surprised the mods haven't also come down on the anime discussion with the anons bumping like retards. Hopefully the movie gets Goemon a release but it hurts to see all those Figuarts announcements but not even a recolor for Lupin.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.