[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best multimode playsets for the money.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

Alright, this pic makes me want a playset that is more than merely a setting. But what is the best option for ONE purchase?

It does not ned to become a robot, it can also be a planet, ship or other form of object, but it does need to be worth the price, even if it comes underpainted from it's potential.

I also would prefer one mode to be somewhat compact, for storage or similar.
>>
>>5840215
How is that blaster? The fan made dance stand mode is sweet looking, but how is he alone?
>>
>>5840215
>>5840533
For Transformers, Titans Return Blaster is loads better than Prime in base and bot mode. As for altmodes, Prime has a little better play with Titan figures, but not significantly. Fortress Maximus is definitely a standout just purely for his size, but is actually quite barren as a standalone.

Imaginext and Playmobil tends to have better generic stuff occasionally and work for the miscellaneous small scale figures usually.

Toys R Us still has a generic line of 3 3/4 toys that has bases and some of the FAO Schwartz are classy toys.

Other than that, toy bases aren't as common anymore, except in the building toy lines.

Lego uses a lot of brighter colors usually while Megablok uses muted and metallics, McFarlane sets do their best to hide pegs.

Skylanders has a few playsets to actually have something to do with their figures physically.
>>
File: FMA1.jpg (163KB, 900x689px) Image search: [Google]
FMA1.jpg
163KB, 900x689px
>>5840577
Yeah, some of the playsets work really well with other lines
>>
File: playmobilecastle.jpg (427KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
playmobilecastle.jpg
427KB, 2000x2000px
>>5841022
it part of the play mobile castle turned inside ut
>>
File: DSC09953 (Large).jpg (295KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC09953 (Large).jpg
295KB, 1440x1080px
Some of the old DOTM Cyberverse playsets can be work and still find them new and cheap. The Ark playset you can find for around $25
>>
File: 6222016233059.png (2MB, 1010x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6222016233059.png
2MB, 1010x1024px
>>5841200
The Ark is a lot of fun for legends figures or smaller.
>>
Lego
>>
File: halo1.jpg (189KB, 1488x756px) Image search: [Google]
halo1.jpg
189KB, 1488x756px
>>5841332
I would say megablock over Lego for "cheaper" playsets that could work with other toy displays
>>
File: DSC09955 (Large).jpg (257KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC09955 (Large).jpg
257KB, 1440x1080px
>>5841316
I guess we both assigned Shockwave to the med table, it seems only Logical.
>>
>>5841200
>>5841316
>>5841641
Had the ark, and i don't have enough legends size figures to have fun with it, what about the prime ships? Are any of them fun?
>>
>>5841332
My thought also, specifically Fortrex

Op image even looks like it if you squint and have concussion.
>>
>>5842393
Fortrex? What is fortrex?
>>
>>5843785
Big tank castle Lego set.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Fortrex-70317
>>
>>5844340
Can attach to library set,
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Merlok-s-Library-2-0-70324

in general some large lego set like that seems best; building, minifigs, making your own details/play features/whatever when getting bored with the basic build
>>
>>5841628

MB had some pretty awesome baseplates with terrain built into them. I think those Halo pieces were the last. Dragons had quite a few along the years.
>>
ask for a playset, get told to build one from lego.

why don't you just give OP a picture of foam and paint and tell me to craft one that way?

it's pretty clear to me that OP was after stuff like the uss flagg or similar playsets that are functional as not only a displayable piece for a specific size, but also able to be altered into other things, yet you're just saying none exist and he should just build something.

legos suck for playsets unless you have loads and know what you want.
>>
File: NyPBTKh.jpg (574KB, 2227x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NyPBTKh.jpg
574KB, 2227x1080px
>>5844650
>why don't you just give OP a picture of foam and paint and tell me to craft one that way?

because I didn't think to post picture related and tell OP to mine his own minerals and smelt his own metals to make his own toys, obviously

>yet you're just saying none exist and he should just build something.

i am? where?

>legos suck for playsets unless you have loads and know what you want.

fortrex is a big set, comes with loads, it's expandable to fit whatever he wants either with more bricks or with using the ones he has in imaginative ways

relax anon, it'll be okay
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.