[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: 3A-Doom-Marine-Figure-006.jpg (566KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
3A-Doom-Marine-Figure-006.jpg
566KB, 750x750px
Discuss
>>
>>5838474
It looks nice. Shame there isn't a classic version.
>>
>>5838474
lmao
>>
>>5838474
Looks fantastic but I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole after Master Chief and Ultron.
>>
>>5838474
His feet look so tiny
Also include all the fucking weapons, fuck
>>
>>5838483

Well one of the main complaints of Master Chief was that he couldn't hold his weapons because of his shitty poseable fingers right? These have swappable hands so that appears to be resolved.

What was wrong with Ultron though?
>>
>>5838474
looks like fucking brick man. like could they have picked more boring poses for their images? I'm inclined to believe it has very shit articulation.
>>
>>5838497
This is ThreeA, they're known for being light on accessories. I'm surprised we even got this many honestly. Also, as in the past, I would not be surprised if there was a bonus weapon for buying direct from Bamba (as opposed to retail).
>>
>>5838478
There's so much detail here that its worth it i think
>>
>>5838504
He also couldn't hold them cause the articulation was absolute dogshit. Considering they didn't show Doomguy holding weapons properly in his promo shots, I'm gonna assume he can't do it either.
>>
>>5838509
Yeah it looks like the chainsaw is the exclusive, BBTS doesn't show it listed
>>
File: Chinasoldier.jpg (779KB, 2048x1335px) Image search: [Google]
Chinasoldier.jpg
779KB, 2048x1335px
>>5838529
If by "properly" you mean correctly gripped and shouldered and shit, no, probably not. To be fair, very few toys actually are capable of shouldering a gun properly, and you're asking a lot here since Doomguy is such a bulky fuck.

I believe he'll be capable of poses somewhat like this. You'll be able to raise the arms a bit and turn his head to give the impression he's shooting in a direction. Shouldering a rifle though, will be impossible given his sheer mass and what looks like a lack of butterfly joints.

>>5838507
They could have done better I think, but as I've been saying, he's not going to be doing any acrobatics. Or even morning calisthenics for that matter. It's often the price of making a super beefy design with seamless joints. I suspect it'll make a very nice display piece that you can change the pose of every now and then.
>>
>>5838474

Gonna have shit articulation.
>>
>>5838474
>regular shotgun instead of BFG
why
>>
>ThreeA

I'm out.
>>
>>5838504
Ultron looks like it was painted and put together by a spastic that was in the middle of an epileptic fit.
>>
>>5838655
Okay, I'm sure that probably felt real good and clever or whatever to type, but it told us very little. Tell us what actual issues it has or provide pics.
>>
>>5838683
Thanks man, I try. Someone will hook the thread up with pictures eventually.
>>
>>5838683
His description was pretty on the money.

[FB.com] /collectathingy/posts/1419732008043722
>>
>>5838474
>$260
>>
File: 1443559110569.gif (919KB, 170x196px) Image search: [Google]
1443559110569.gif
919KB, 170x196px
>>5838474
>it doesn't even remotely resemble something made in Ash's style

Company grows more exponentially disappointing every day.
>>
>>5838915
They don't give a fuck on any front these days.
>>
Nicest figure I'll never own.

When's the NECA coming out?
>>
>>5838915
You're a little mistaken about how this works. Not all ThreeA stuff is meant to be stylized, it depends on what the licenseholder asks for. They either will ask for Ash's redesign, or for just an accurate toy. For examples, see the Real Steel bots, or their Frederator stuff.

The non-Ash-stylized stuff normally gets passed to ThreeZero these days, but ThreeA still will do a non-stylized figure every now and then (like the recent Destiny figures).
>>
File: pointing zaku.gif (3MB, 407x300px) Image search: [Google]
pointing zaku.gif
3MB, 407x300px
>>5838554

It's tragic how few toys can line up the optics with the face. Some Gundams can do it, even if they shouldn't need to.
>>
>>5838509

>the Destiny figures come with three guns and a single robot in the hand
>the Fallout 4 power armor comes with one gun

Is 3A the worst company?
>>
>>5839019

Sometimes it's really just the licenser being an ass, anon.

I know ThreeZero wanted to release the IMC Ogre but they had to make do with the Militia one because the licenser didn't allow them to until much, much later. It might just be that.

Or the different armor variants will have the other weapons. So there's that too.
>>
Op here. Honestly I feel like this figure would have been better off in the 6 inch range. Easier time finding scale monsters for him to fight.
>>
>>5838915
Fuck Ashleys art style. I'm positive he sticks a brush in his butthole and squats on a sheet of paper.
>>
>>5838915
>it doesn't even remotely resemble something made in Ash's style

You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>5838474
>Doomguy

Holy shit I need this-

>3A

On second thoughts maybe I don't. I'll wait till a non-shit company does him.

>tfw Japan doesn't care about FPS games
>>
>>5838474
>combat shitgun
>no bfg
>>
>>5838474
Not sure if they did a great job hiding the joints beneath the armor or there aren't many and it's a brick.
>>
File: girl-shooting-rifle.jpg (63KB, 459x343px) Image search: [Google]
girl-shooting-rifle.jpg
63KB, 459x343px
>>5839014
i think its funny how people on /toy/ cream themselves at toys able to do that, even though the figure is holding the gun like a retard
>>
>>5838474
The right hand's trigger finger CAN fit into the trigger guards, right?
>>
>>5838474
NECA when
>>
>>5838474
Don't tell me what to do fucker.
>>
>>5841807
you mean when people try to make their figures aim down their sights but the stance is really fucked compared to actual shooting?
>>
>>5838474
Coulda picked a better choice of weapons, I understand the shotguns and chainsaw, but who the fuck wants the pulse rifle? The assault rifle is way better, they also should have included parts for the weapon mods.
>>
>>5839019
>putting Memeout 4 fags in there place
ThreeA Just got more based in my eyes.
>>
>>5838474

I love how they don't even try to pretend that this can pose at all

They have this pic and then one other neutral standing pose pic, and that's it.

I guarantee you this figure can't even semi-convincingly hold any of those weapons.
>>
File: hollywood gunfight.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hollywood gunfight.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>5841992
There was a star wars thread and someone posted a figuarts clone trooper doing a classical female shooting stance and three posters all suddenly wanted the figure for being able hold the optics close to the eye.

It's crazy how few people seem to know how to hold a gun, despite almost everything we talk about is from media glorifying violence and tacticoolness
oh wait.....
>>
>>5838474
You know, I don't wanna shit on this at all, because I think it's gorgeous and the destiny figures too.
But fuck why can't we get a smaller figure of these licenses
I would kill for 1:12 or 1:18 of destiny or doom, but 260 is a fucking lot
>>
>>5842591
i agree with this anon 100%
>>
>>5842694
I just assumed everyone hated me/us :/
>>
>>5841320
For whatever other flaws they have, ThreeA isn't known for making unarticulated bricks for the most part. This figure will probably have at least the basics of what we consider to be a super-articulated articulation model. The range, on the other hand, will probably suffer, but that's frankly par for the course when dealing with super bulky designs like this. It looks like the elbow and knee joints might be seamless so I don't expect too great of a bend out of them.
>>
>>5838474
>covered abs

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
File: Claude.jpg (14KB, 334x358px) Image search: [Google]
Claude.jpg
14KB, 334x358px
I'm kinda puzzled by all the people itt who are shitting on this for not being able to shoulder a rifle. Like, have you SEEN the original character design? A real world plastic toy with these proportions cannot do these things without bending the laws of physics. Hell, I'm not even entirely convinced that the Doomguy 3D model could realistically shoulder his weapons without clipping through himself or cheating.

>>5842591
Tweet at Randy (from NECA). They are the most likely suspect to pick up this sort of license for smaller scales.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.