[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guilty Pleasures?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_4195.jpg (1MB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4195.jpg
1MB, 3000x2250px
So after finding it what some people on the internet wank their noodles to, I no longer feel ashamed for liking Lego at my age.

But I can't help but feel wrong when wanting to purchase a set.

How do you cope?

Also damn the new sets are expensive.
>>
>>5834638
I stopped giving a shit about people telling me I'm too old for toys. Most of the people I know spend their money on worse shit (handbags, purses, make up, alcohol, cigarettes, etc...).

>But I can't help but feel wrong when wanting to purchase a set.

If it helps, just get it online. If you have to go to a store, just say it's for your kid/cousin/grandchild/niece.
>>
>>5834652

That's great advice, thanks. I'll order it online next time.
>>
Fuck it, man. I was in the hospital last year for seven weeks and ended up getting my own room. After some time I brought my Lego with me. And although I got some weird looks, one of the nurses said that it's at least better to build with Legos than to shoot small men on the TV-screen.

I felt almost as a child again when I exited the toy-store with a 42038 Arctic Truck, with a glimmer in my eye as I was about to build this thing. Some people enjoy drugs and good company and some people enjoy toys and their own company. Make up your own mind about it. It's not a biggie
>>
>>5834638
I find there is no reason to give a shit since the Lego Movie. It's relatively trendy/normie-tier now like Popvinyl which is fitting since next year they will start releasing their own Popvinyl rival line.
>>
I feel guilty that I love playing with Loli figures for my kink, I feel like I'm betraying women everywhere and setting my gender's rights back 50 years, also cause I know most of the time these figures are bought by sad otaku neckbeard losers who do nothing but dwell in their mom's basement and I don't want to be lumped in with them, nor give money and support to their disgusting waifu industry.

...But it's the perfect supplement toy for my ageplay kink and will help set the mood of scenes between me and my Daddy, so I keep buying them even though I hate everything they stand for.

At least I can console myself with the fact that I'll only ever get lewd Loli figures that can be played with, fuck statues that can't stand on their own, also thank fuck I'll never sink so low as to fall down the dakimakura hole! I have my 2D husbands sure, but I'll never give up on 3D men and am still looking for my Daddy Dom.

Hell, just the fact that I'm buying these figures for play shows that I haven't given up on 3D men and am not at all like those loser otaku who use their figures as substitutes for real partners.
>>
File: zane.jpg (313KB, 864x576px) Image search: [Google]
zane.jpg
313KB, 864x576px
>>5834638
If you find a set expensive, then don't buy it. Lego sets are actually pretty well priced for what they are. Also they phase them out after a couple years. So they'll be more expensive after the fact.

But to your first point:
I don't think of Lego as a guilty pleasure at all. I see so many adults buying the SW sets and the blind bag Minifigs.

I actually prefer the City sets and I'm a sucker for Ninjago and Nexo Knights. Those probably have more of a stigma against them, but also I have zero concern for how people judge me.
>>
>>5834638
I have the same problem. People at my age (I am only 20) like to drink and go to parties quite often so naturally they don't understand why would someone spend their money on Lego. But what they don't understand is that our entertainment can last for many many hours to come, whereas if you buy alcohol you don't get anything from it. You get sober after a while, feel like shit afterwards and that's it. So why dp they think our hobby is weird, when it's actually their way of spending time what's weird. Being a Lego fan is a superior form of entertainment with so many options so there's something for each one of us. Nothing to be ashamed.
>>5834679
>It's relatively trendy/normie-tier now
Movie? Definitely trendy and normie tier. Actual Lego sets? Definitely not. How many of those people who didn't give a shit about Lego before actually bought a set or even took up Lego as a hobby? I guess not that many, if anyone at all.
>>
>>5834638
I guess I'm in the lucky crowd. Massive fan of Star Wars Legos with a sizeable collection. My wife has never once judged me for it, and has even started up a respectable collection of Lego Architecture.

Also, I want that set so bad but I can't justify it given I have the previous Vader's TIE as well as the TIE Prototype and the 2013 A-Wing...
>>
>>5834638
I go to my great uncles apartment and see his large collection of antiques and my small lego collection looks normal as fuck
>>
File: mario rpg.gif (2MB, 467x348px) Image search: [Google]
mario rpg.gif
2MB, 467x348px
just don't give a fuck, you'll never see those people again anyway
>>
>>5835031
Sure you can justify it. Just say you're building a TIE fleet. And even then, the last Vader's TIE was 7 years ago.
>>
>>5834688
>I feel like I'm betraying women everywhere
Fucking fuck off you goddamn piece of shit. Also,
>blogposting
>>
Life is too short to give a shit what other people think. Im turning 34 tomorrow and my birthday present was lego. Do what you want with your free time and everyone who says anything can go fuck themselves. You'll find that most people wont care.
>>
>>5834679

Nothing like being the villain in a children's movie to make one less ashamed about their hobby.

It's a good thing that isn't a universal effect or we would have waaaay more serial killers.
>>
any shame i use to feel goes away when you buy a classic castle/space collection from a dude on facebook for $150. after sorting through it, you find most of the minifigs are in mint condition, and the original retail value is 4 or 5 times what you paid for it. collector value might be another 2 or $300 if i build the sets and sell them.
>>
>>5834638

I would buy more figmas and Figuarts but I don't feel like explaining to my wife why I get waifus in the mail.
>>
I dress classy so they assume I'm buying it for some child because what kind of ADULT MALE would PLAY with legos?
>>
>was a big fan of bionicle
>find new sets in walmart and buy them and build them with my gf
>me and my gf both enjoy them
Ive bought even more since and she hasnt called me a kid and has fun too so its all good for me

Although i did chose self checkout when i bought them
>>
>>5835013
As a kid it seemed more about playing with but as an adult i find the fun part is the building and then i keep them on a shelf or something. I never put my stuff on a shelf when i was a kid
>>
The Lego is the least autistic thing I get, everyone is always pretty impressed by my UCS Star Wars shit.
>>
>>5834664
>>5835013
I like to collect toys and shit but also like to get drunk with my buddies. Why not do both? My friends and I get together and talk about nerd shit while we party.
>>
>>5834688
You know, toys and figures don't really do it for me, but reading this was oddly arousing
>>
File: y9yTP2R.png (72KB, 249x236px) Image search: [Google]
y9yTP2R.png
72KB, 249x236px
>>5836744
>with my gf
>>
>>5834638
agreed they are expensive, I order mine from amazon
>>
>>5838416
Starting to consider doing the same. I bought the first wave of nexo knights stuff shortly after launch and now most of those sets are on amazon for ~15%-20% off which is kind of disappointing. Instead of buying the second wave I might get some old first wave [spoiler]elves[/spoiler] sets
>>
>>5836746
pretty much how i started, as a kid played with it like the amazing universal toy it is, (school kids kind of found out, even though i was like 11 still made of so got put off for a while), but since most those people are in cashier jobs, jail, or more commonly having kids at 19, i got back into cause the building is really fun and a lot of the sets (i have a little star wars obsession so of course its my fav to collect) look really neat displayed and only look better with more combinations and additions.
>>
>>5835591
This right here.

And if you run into people who do care and judge, then those are people you don't want in your life. You should not be ashamed of what you like. If you embrace it and don't shirk away from it, then you'll find your life improving. It's insane. I have friends that didn't collect toys at all and now do just from being around me and seeing how cool some of these figures are.
>>
There's no shame in owning Lego, as far as I'm concerned. What you do to feed your obsession...
>Be me: 41 kissless virgin
>Spent all extra money on Lego
>shoplift even more
>*shame*

That being said, I've found the swapmeet to be a cheap-ish way to cop bulk Legos. You can even find sets for good prices.
>>
I've become less ashamed of it since getting a girlfriend who also collects toys. Also since Pop Vinyl blew up with the normie crowd. Granted I collect figures and not Lego, but similar enough in terms of perception.
>>
>>5836744
>gf
kek
>>
>>5834688
This is copypasta.
>>
>>5834638
I posted this in lego gen
"I had so many lego sets as a kid and played with them all the time.

Last year on my bday I got some beer and an AT-AT just because, fuck it, I can afford it now. Soon after I got the TIE Advanced prototype...Excellent build.

Next thing I know I get the complete set of sets 4484-4487...not just one of each but two, so I could build all of them and keep a complete whole set new in box.

A few months later I bought the Legho Creator Lighthouse to put by the window at work because it just looks so dope. I watch JangBricks all the time and will probably get another Star Wars set when they announce thre stealth Tie Fighter coming out this fall/winter."

I now have a full time job. When I was young a $100 lego set was a once a year thing, and I'd get smaller ones whenever I could. Now that I'm an ""adult"" I'm very drawn to these sets again. Feels like I can get anything and every time I've gotten one I've thoroughly enjoyed the build and display
>>
>>5835013
Gonna have to disagree with you here on sets not being trendy. I'm 26 and I've been a Lego fan my whole life, but really kicked up buying sets around 2008. From my personal experience, the amount of dumb questions/statements/weird looks I get has gone done significantly since the Lego Movie came out. There's a decent chance these days that I'll have a small chat with the cashier, or someone else in the isle about what set I'm buying or how cool it is, or what we're collecting. This never happened 5 years ago.
>>
>>5834652
You don't have to say anything, the cashiers aren't there for small talk

>JUST ring up my shit and let me give you money
>>
>>5852477
I never said anything if they said something stupid, but if they comment positively on an item I'm buying, regardless if it's a Lego/toy or not, I'll respond nicely because I'm not an autistic fuck.
>>
Was at the lego store today in Houston today and word is theres a new death star set coming out to coincide with the new rogue one movie. Anyone got any more info on it?
>>
>>5836744
Well you need hands to build something, but if you both enjoyed it that's cool.
>>
Been wanting to get some of the Dino Charge Zords but have been to much of a pussy to get them due to there being some sort of conspiracy that PR is for kids under 6 around here. I really haven't ever got a rude comment from any cashiers when buying Transformers or anything else, actually had a few say that they looked cool and started talked about old stuff we had when we were kids.
>>
File: clams.gif (817KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
clams.gif
817KB, 500x282px
>>5836744
>with my gf
help me Anon
>>
File: 222 - qDR5r3L.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
222 - qDR5r3L.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>5836744
>tfw no toy loving gf
>tfw my hobbies are seen as weird to the majority of girls
Feels bad man. Is it a confidence thing? I'm 20 and I've never had a gf and only been on one date.
>>
>>5854723
>never had gf
>only been on one date
Anon are you me from from the future? You wouldn't happen to collect Transformers, toku figures, and Legos would you?
>>
>>5854876
Nope. I mainly collect Hot Toys 1/4 and Vintage Star Wars 3 3/4 these days, so I would say we are quite the opposite. I don't even know why I browse this board anymore
>>
>>5854723
I'll be your cute bf if you want, Anon.
>>
>>5838359
>>5848017
>>5854716
>>5854723
So is toy r9k territory?
>>
>>5855410
Post butts to determine cuteness
>>
File: trash.png (152KB, 559x556px) Image search: [Google]
trash.png
152KB, 559x556px
>>5854723
>20 and never had a gf
>20

wow you're such a lost cause lmao xD
>>
File: Nalusa-Falaya_Berlin.jpg (472KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
Nalusa-Falaya_Berlin.jpg
472KB, 500x481px
>>5834638
honestly, you're fine, OP. You're not as bad as me.

I'll share my faggotry and the second you cringe you can buy with confidence knowing you are wicked but I am wickeder than thou.

My guilty pleasure that's /toy/ related is shit like Monster high and Ever After high OCs just because the 'universe' they present does lead to some fertile ground for some interesting concepts. (like the the child of Gilgamesh, the oldest 'fairytale', or a monster high student based on obscure monsters like Nalusa Falaya?)

This ends up extending a bit to other shows that use existing mythos and concepts as their basises (like Steven Universe and Gems being based on Gemology and their properties, or Fate/Stay Night, though Grand Order and such are clearing out a lot of room for fan ideas)
>>
I collect 1:64 Hot Wheels Monster Jam trucks, have 104 of them. Always feel like a loser/freak when I'm in the HW aisle of a store and almost ALWAYS use the self-checkout to avoid being judged.

I'm not even a weeb or anything and I can get women, I guess it's just this one area I feel like a fucking freak.

>That feel when buying trucks online is expensive as fuck and people on Ebay are literally crackheads with some of their prices
Some people want $25+ for trucks that came out LAST FUCKING YEAR, it's ridiculous.

Look at the seller 'Barbslab' on Ebay if you want an example of someone who shoots up China White before posting prices, this bitch should be lynched.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.