[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo-kai Watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 71NM5iro3+L._SL1200_.jpg (202KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
71NM5iro3+L._SL1200_.jpg
202KB, 1200x1200px
Are there any guides on how the Japanese watches work? I've seen things called "upgrade kits" that are SD cards, but I can't find anything on what medals work on which watch/upgrade.
>>
What's the full list of differences between the US and Japanese watches? The US one seems pretty underwhelming.
>>
>>5833225
US original (white and grey) watches can use all medals from Series 1-4 and are pretty similar to the Japanese watches. The new Yo-Motion stuff that's going to debut with the Zero watch is unique to America iirc.
>>
>>5833231
Do any of them tell time and shoot sick lights to show me ghosts and shit?
>>
>>5833239
Lol, no. The Yo-motion kinda does the latter though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6EmY5R7Xqs
>>
From what I watched in some japanese videos
>Watch: Gray frame medals
>Zero: Green frame medals, red frame medals with japanese artstyle
>U: Everything that worked on the previous, white frame medals, black frame medals, red frame medals with comic book artstyle, has SD card slot
>Dream: Everything, has microSD card slot
>>
>>5833247

fuck. another tcg to blow my money on
>>
There's four watches, two of which can be updated. The original model can only read the original (grey) medals, and this is what the current US watch is equivalent to. The Type-Zero can read original medals as well as Z (green) and Koten (opaque red) medals. The Yokai Watch U can read everything the Type-Zero can, as well as Busters (black) and Merican (clear red) medals. And the newest one, the Yokai Watch Dream, reads all medals, including the Dream medals (look like poker chips and use NFC to communicate with the 3DS game as well as the watch). The U and Dream watches have SD card slots that allow them to be updated for compatibility with medals released after the watches - these updates are available on Bandai's website if you want to download them onto your own SD card, or you can buy pre-loaded SD cards if you're a lazy fuck.
>>
>>5833619
Those arent even the same lame game, or SLG.

there is a TCG, but these other ones are just medals that have no gameplay aspect in them whatsoever...i think. you can use the actual 3DS/android games to scan them though, but the whole thing is entirely gimmicky
>>
>>5833693
>The Type-Zero can read original medals
It can't, actually
>>
>>5833693
Damn, dude thanks! It's nice to know that you can download the update yourself.
>>
>>5833777
There are QR codes on the back of each medal. Scanning those codes on the 3DS game gives you coins that you can use with an in-game vending machine that dispenses rare yokai and items. You can apparently scan the codes in the mobile games too, but I have no idea what they do there.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.