[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AmiAmi - Will I be banned?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 11

File: amiami1.png (472KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
amiami1.png
472KB, 400x300px
52,565 JPY (46,990+5,575 S&H) order due tonight. Politely requested (almost begged) for a week extension, even noting if possible I would like to send a 50% deposit in good faith, but was denied. I've spent a decent amount each month ($200-400), so I thought I might be granted one.

I'm short exactly $178, and that's not due to spending elsewhere or adding too much to the order irresponsibly. Did work for a company and because there was a dispute over the number of hours, the $300 I invoiced has yet to be paid. Going on 17 days, and they have 30 days since invoice submission to pay (though I don't know how much of that they'll send, as they said they felt I did 50% more hours than expected). These were people I called friends (family friends anyway), and never expected them to act in such a shitty manner.

A loan isn't possible, and everyone I know is hard-up for money, so I can't ask anyone even if I can pay them back by next Monday.
>>
>>5832333
PayPal credit

/thread
>>
Are you living paycheck to paycheck? If you don't even have $500 to play with in a bank account after all expenses of living are covered, you are doing really bad in life and need to stop buying toys. Them banning you would be the best thing to happen to you.
>>
>>5832333
Honestly anon, you sound like you got royally screwed over.

Best thing to do now is change up your address/personal details you might have attached to that order + your AmiAmi account and hope for the best.
>>
>>5832341
>threading your own post

Fucking newfags.
>>
>>5832344
This, seriously?

How the fuck are you buying $500 worth of toys in a month (and spending $200-400 every other month), but do not have at least $178 in savings?
>>
>>5832333
What did you buy?
>>
>>5832341
Attempted that, they denied me for whatever reason.

>>5832344
No, I freelance. Some work I get paid on a daily basis, others by the week's end (Saturday in my case). This was yet another job, which I was told I would have 20hrs of work weekly, with the possibility of even more. That was then cited as an "example" and wasn't a guarantee, once I presented an invoice for 28hrs of work.
I fully expected to be paid the following work day, and didn't put aside an additional bit of money to cover this.

>>5832352
Savings are a bit low. Rather not tap into it in case of an emergency, especially with an unknown number of days left until I get paid for that job (plus no telling how much of what I invoiced will be paid).
>>
>>5832360
Either tap into it now and replenish asap, or enjoy ban.
>>
>preordered 10 figures in a span of 3 months
>forgot about them
>never check email (used throwaway)
>finally check
>"w-we've cancelled all your orders and noticed y-you don't pay"
>"p-pls don't do it again or we'll b-ban you"
zero fucks given and did it again 3 times, still haven't been banned
>>
>>5832360
This >>5832363

You literally have no other choice OP.
>>
>>5832360
None of what you are saying changes the fact that you should not be buying $500+ worth of toys because any rational person would say that you cannot afford it.
>>
>>5832367
I smell bull. Pic or else.
>>
>>5832357
95% of the order is just t-shirts.
>>
>>5832373
Not that anon, but I've cancelled multiple times on AmiAmi by request, and at one point I even cancelled two RAH Medicom figures. I feel like the only reason they haven't banned me at all is because I regularly spend around $500 a month for many years now.
>>
>>5832333
If you have future orders, you can do what ever you want with this. I have come to a conclusion that they will only ban you and not help you if you do not have future orders.

If they do ban you and you have future orders, they have no space to stock manage your inc future orders, and that will be bad for them.
>>
>>5832375
3 of each shirt design, spread across 2 different sizes?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160801-231329.png (468KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160801-231329.png
468KB, 1440x2560px
>>5832373
>>
>>5832375
>multiple T-shirts
What the fuck? Like why even?
>>
>>5832341
You can't use Paypal Credit on Amiami.
>>
>>5832383
>>5832388

Because the single XL (which is a L American) I intend to wear until I can lose a bit more weight, the two L's would be so neither shirt's design get worn out too soon. Plus these are generally a pain in the ass to find elsewhere after the initial sales period (especially in anything but a Japanese small).
>>
>>5832345
>Honestly anon, you sound like you got royally screwed over.

Agreed. They basically nitpicked what was "training" and what was "learning" (long story short, was learning medical billing and reacquaint myself with Excel, the two medical claim portals were different and unlike their previous person I hadn't used Excel in at least 10yrs).

I got:
>In regards to training, your training when done directly on the work material is paid. Of course, all industries prefer freelancers with prior experience, and we have been happy to give you the opportunity to learn the industry instead, but any time you learn on your own to bring yourself up to the required speed, that time is strictly your own (unless you are working on a project for us and generating data at the time).

When I countered their reply that these things were different. I've consulted over 15 different people and they all say these people are totally wrong.
>>
>>5832386
Wow. Just wow.

At least they aren't as pricky as NY.
>>
>>5832400
cancelled 8 orders with them too, they're email was the best, so much assdevastation.

I'll see if I can find it, I can't remember what email I used
>>
>>5832360
If you r freelance then you r paid per project , so if you are slow and ended up working more , they will still pay you the same planned hours. It's not their fault you are slow . Now if you can do it fast you can earn the same and then just chil 1/4 of the time .
>>
Budget better.

You should be saving or keeping an overhead if you are spending this much on things that vary in price and release dates often.
>>
Email them and say you'll just cancel some items that will fit with the money you have atm, much better than cancelling the whole order.
>>
>>5832438
>It's not their fault you are slow

That was less the issue than being given claims which spanned back to January (and had multiple claims each month following) for 80 pages. Something I also noted to them.
>>
>>5832445
Does that actually work? Won't they still be annoyed about a cancellation regardless of if it's a few items or a whole order?

>>5832443
>Budget better.
Yeah, I need to do that, I'll admit. The data entry job was going to help income-wise... but haven't had any further work since the 16th. They wanted to get me started on various other projects asap, but when I texted I was told "We will update you when other projects are available".... which is total BS given they're often drowning in their own workload.
>>
>>5832454
They'll be LESS annoyed.
>>
>>5832455
Worth a shot. Might as well get those patches removed from the order. Should be the easiest thing to find again once finances aren't in limbo.
>>
>>5832375
>shirts

take this shit to /fa/, you poor faggot.

>but muh kamen rider
you have shit taste, you deserve to get banned
>>
>>5832455
Sent an email, so waiting on a reply. Also thanks for the suggestion, anon. I've only had them split an order a couple of years ago, since I knew EMS for the combined package be insane (this was before they stopped using huge boxes... once received a box that could fit a small person).
>>
File: 1521891404503284397.jpg (35KB, 652x558px) Image search: [Google]
1521891404503284397.jpg
35KB, 652x558px
>>5832375
>XL
>L
>XL
>L
>>
>>5832375
No relation to this thread's topic... But I wanted the blue Rockman EXE in M size but I totally forgot it was coming out...

Anyone know where to get it now or am I going to have to wait for it to show up on the aftermarket?
>>
In response to the email I sent attempting to cancel the embroidery patches:

>Thank you for mailing us.
>If you had sent us a request yesterday that would have been possible but today it is not possible anymore because the order is past due.

>We apologize for the inconvenience.
>Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi.

...Fuck.
>>
>>5832382
Well that's a dumb conclusion. It's not as simple as that.
ie: I had no future orders, politely asked for a cancellation, and got it the same day.
But if you're a retard like op and can't pay for a big $500 order, there's a bigger chance to get your ass banned than if it was just $50. Future oreders aren't a safeguard against this.
>>
>>5832588
dip into your savings and don't spend on shit you don't need for the next year as a retard tax
>>
>>5832333
>I've spent a decent amount each month ($200-400), so I thought I might be granted one.

This is the biggest mistake anyone can make. Just because you give them all your money, doesnt mean they have to break the rules because you're a good customer. If they do, then they have to do it for everyone else as well.

It's weird that they'd deny a payment extension though. From experience, I've been successful with payment delays/extension from the big four (yes, even Mandarake)

Maybe you worded your email wrong?
>>
>>5832588
It's over.

They're going to let FutAmico out of her cage to rape your asshole.

I hope you enjoy your new gape over $500 worth of extra-large T-shirts.
>>
what even is amiamis deal with cancelling orders? why isn't it allowed?
>>
>>5832641
Because if you are preordering something popular and don't pay, you've prevented someone else from reserving the goods and just cost them a sale
>>
>>5832333
Sorry to say this but...

They should ban you temporarily if you are not spending responsibly.

You will need at least 40k in savings in order to have a spending habit of that much a month.
>>
>>5832752
I only started spending 700+ a month after having 100k savings + increased income.
>>
>>5832333
Depends on your spending history with them.
I'm a pretty high spender and have let over 6 orders ranging around $150 each lapse in the past year and a half and they're still running with me.
>>
>>5832754
>100k savings
>can't give up $178 cause muh emergency fund
You're lying or you're retarded, which one is it?
>>
>>5832766
I think that's a different guy. He's agreeing that what he makes in the 100k range is what you need in order to buy like that. I'm betting Mr. Freelance ain't a 100k guy.

Or maybe I'm wrong. In which case:
> disregard, cocks, etc
>>
File: 1470072497626.jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1470072497626.jpg
106KB, 554x439px
>>5832333
Why don't you just buy one or two things at a time?

Not 13. Learn 2 budget better.
>>
>>5832333
>live beyond your means
>develop bad spending habits
>get started with monthly weeaboo preorders
>work for shitty people
>order with amiami
>cry to /toy/ when you see the shit beginning to hit the fan

OP just lol. You have created the perfect storm of "learn your lesson the hard way". Good luck with that, maybe next time you won't etc. etc.
>>
>>5832360
you have low savings but you buy $500+ worth of toys? you need to rethink your priorities
>>
>>5832670
i dont see how this is an issue because anything not paid for that they get will just get immediately snatched up when its posted as in stock if its popular
>>
>>5832333
>LOOK I'M A RETARD WHO CAN'T PURCHASE THINGS AND I'M AFRAID I'M GETTING MY ASS BANNED
be glad you don't get fucking sued, you should kill yourself for being this dumb
>>
Sell us your toys, anon. Surely you have $178 worth of stuff that you could let go fire sale style
>>
>>5832333
>lives paycheck to paycheck
>spends all excess money on toys
>no savings
have fun working up until the day you die. for every $100 you spend on toys you should have at least $500 or really $1000 in the bank
>>
>>5832394
seems like you have a lot of issues. Maybe a ban would be for the best
>>
>>5832641
>>5832949
Not that guy. But I believe the order from the manufacturer based off how many preoders they're given. And are allotted a certain amount of preorders.

they product comes in but then they have a floating product because someone canceled. One is fine, but I bet it'll be a problem if a lot of people do it. Which they don't. Because threat of ban.

Also it might have something to do with supply and demand. They can keep demand and prices up if things sell out fast. Which would be harder to do if people are regularly canceling preorders.
>>
>>5832956
Why would he be getting sued?
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 576x972px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 576x972px
>>5832333
>52.5k
>worried about getting banned
There has been far worse than you that got a get out of jail free card from Amico.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=b_faHmY2YYg
>>
This was mine this last month, just paid it.

I had turned them down for a $700 order a couple months ago as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 1242x210px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 1242x210px
>>5833530
Forgot pic
>>
>>5833534
Jesus Christ and I thought a 10k-15K JPY order was expensive.
>>
>>5832599
>Maybe you worded your email wrong?

Couldn't reply last night, kept getting "connection error". Here's what I sent:

Due to an unfortunate circumstance, I am unable to pay for this order by today's deadline.

I am aware extensions are not generally given, however I know with 100% certainty that with one week more I can pay for this order with no question of being short the required amount. If it's possible, I would like to send a 50% deposit in good faith.

I wish to continue being a good customer, and so I humbly request a week's extension.
>>
Question: Will AmiAmi combine orders that got split but are released in the same month? One thing got delayed, popped into this month, but is listed as its own separate order.

Would they be willing to fold it into the existing order or should I not even try?
>>
>>5832333
>>5832375
>Spending almost $500 on $30 t-shirts
Are you retarded? Go on fucking Redbubble. There are more than 1.5k different Megaman styles, and shirts there are not even $25 so you're automatically spending a lot less including shipping.
Also I advise that you rethink your priorities and limit the stuff you buy. I used Amiami before as well, but only for a short time because I impulse-bought way too much. Use another store where you can delete orders easily, and when the time comes close to the release date, think about if you still want it or not. Sure, Amiami gives out good discount, but it won't be worth it if you impulse-buy 3 other things in the same order.
>>
>>5833585
If the figures are released in the same month you can combine it yourself by logging in and using the "combine order" function. They will then re-pack it and send a new payment request.
>>
>>5832333
>52,565 JPY (46,990+5,575 S&H) order due tonight
>tonight
>as in, AmiAmi hasn't sent me a Past Due notice

You complete motherfucking retard. I mean, of course you are because you're buying $500 worth of Megaman tees and most are duplicates, but you're probably going to have an extra week on top of that if you don't send them money. Of course, they might make your past-due window much shorter to justify the ban faster, but then you get taught a lesson, so win-win.
>>
>>5832333
If the question pertains to amiami and contains the phrase "will I be banned?" the answer is always yes.
>>
>>5832375
>all the mega man garbage
You deserve a ban even though they won't.
>>
>>5832577
>I'm a Manlet
>>
>>5833686

not him but fat=/=tall
>>
How the fuck do you guys find $500 worth of stuff to preorder every month? I get now and then, but every month? Hell, I have a $400 month now and September, but the brunt of that will be 3 figures. And for years? Christ, do you guys keep all those figures, or are you constantly reselling? I'll probably have crossed out most of my wishlist by this time next year, and I've only been seriously importing for 2 years.
>>
I'm going to laugh at OP's stupidity since his order is fucking Mega Man shirts, but this month I experienced the harsh reality of not paying attention to stacking pre-orders. Between the yen rising, having several items pop at HLJ and my splurge on the NECA SDCC TMNT sets, I've dropped like, $700 on toys in the last month or so.

Luckily, I'm not a goddamned retard and always have money prepared for sudden, big, frivolous expenses.
>>
>>5832375
>mega-man T-SHIRTS....
>XL & L

Oh my god!

I just trying to imagine a fat-ass walking on the street wearing a mega-man t-shirt.

Also why would you but shitty ass mega-man t-shirts. Just get the image template, buy blank t-shirts and make them yourself. Much cheaper.
>>
>>5833554
Seriously? I placed a 140k order in July.
>>
Was doing pretty well this year but August is going to fuck my ass something fierce.
>>
I would order from amiami more if they actually told me what the shipping was before they asked me to pay them.
>>
I would order from Amiami more if they let you cancel preorders. I know that sounds wishy-washy, but sometimes I decide I don't want something after all, and it's like 2 months before it even releases. I spend close to $200 a month on preorders, but it all goes to HLJ.
>>
>>5833971
But they do . They will sent you the invoice with the shipping for you to pay when your item arrives .
>>
>>5834118
Dumb ass, he wants shipping estimate on the shopping cart.
>>
>>5833969
>>My July order was $900 and had to be separated into two different orders because of how much stuff I ordered
>>This month is only $300
>>I don't have a single month coming up that's below $300

I envy you.
>>
>>5832949
>if it's popular.
And if it's not popular they just lost a sale.

Remember that they're banning all types of empty preordering. This gets rid of idiots who bid more more than they can afford as well as people with second thoughts. Preordering is beneficial for amiami because it reaffirms their financial standing into the future. Uncertainty is a cost of its own and by banning those who don't pay, amiami are reducing it.

Note: I am not wrong here. Fellate me.
>>
>>5833699

> How the fuck do you guys find $500 worth of stuff to preorder every month?

This, famalam. I got into this shit hobby pretty much after I lost my job, so I'm a filthy neet now (though I still have around 30k in the bank).

Pinching every penny and trying to only go for stuff I really care about. I've probably spent $1,200 in the last year and a half.
>>
File: 1469282753541.jpg (379KB, 861x483px) Image search: [Google]
1469282753541.jpg
379KB, 861x483px
>>5832333
>>5832375
>makes a big order even though he can't pay for it
>it's fucking shirts
holy shit you can't make this up
>>
>>5832949
They order from the manufacturer based on pre-sales. There's also no guarantee that a cancelled order is a popular item that will "get immediately snatched up".

You're not just putting down a promise to pay them when you preorder. They're paying actual money to get your item in stock.
>>
File: CIAbiribiri.jpg (1MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
CIAbiribiri.jpg
1MB, 2304x1728px
>>5833699
It mostly happens when shit gets delayed each month and they end up rolling into one mega order. The only time I ever intentionally spent 500 dollars at once was for Metal Gear Rex.
>>
>>5835256
>he buys waifu and /v/ shit
Cast In The Name Of God... Ye Guilty.
>>
>>5835256
>That dust
>>
>>5833987
The majority of Amiami's customers are in Japan, so they don't really have to rely on international sales. Unlike HLJ where they get 0 Japanese customers due to uncompetitive default discount.
>>
>>5832333
uhhhh put it on your credit card...? why is this even a question
>>
>>5834130
Then maybe he should say that , there's no dumb questions , only dumb people asking them .
Estimate are just that , any normal person should be smart enough to do their own estimate . just go to the Japan post website and input the need info .
Check similar item weight and size from different websites and then figure out what size of shipping box is needed then add in weight of shipping box plus packaging , etc .
>>
>>5833969
>>5834142
do you literally not have any better hobbies to sink $ into? i collected highish volume when i was a poorfag, but once i was making enough to spend the kind you are on toys, i could finally afford some higher caliber hobbies.
>>
>>5836209
>higher caliber hobbies.
Not either of those anons, but why even waste money on something you don't really want?
If I really wanted to collect Ferraris, I wouldn't build gunpla to tide me over until I was rich.
I have other hobbies than collecting toys, but I actually ENJOY collecting toys, and wouldn't dream of quitting just because I could finally afford my first Ferrari.
>>
>>5836209
>higher caliber hobbies
You mean like coke?
>>
>>5836220
>If I really wanted to collect Ferraris, I wouldn't build gunpla to tide me over until I was rich.
Hahaha you are retarded
>>
>>5836220
who said he doesnt enjoy collecting, in fact it's pretty damn retarded of you to imply he doesn't.
in addition, he didnt say he quit.
in addition, your entire point is so fucking dumb, you're saying that until you can afford a ferrari, you should just sit on your ass all day and stare at the wall? ok champ.
>>
>>5836283
>you're saying
No, you are saying that. I said what I posted, go back and read it you blind gibbering monkey.
>>
>>5836283
>>5836276
Guys, I was going to save up and get a car, but I said fuck it and bought a bunch of matchbox cars instead. I didn't want to just sit on my ass all day and stare at a wall until then, you know?
Hey can I get a ride home from work? We can play with my matchbox cars when we get there.
>>
So OP, did you get that ass banned yet?
>>
>>5836738
No, order has remained open. Not sure why, but works for me.

Also I'm finally getting paid for that work I did. Of course they sent it via snail-mail, and gave a BS reason for doing so. Said my number wasn't registered with PayPal, which isn't true and even if it was, I gave them the email which is registered with my PayPal account. So they're just making sure things are dragged out for as long as possible. Given they're only upstate, I expect to get it before Monday, which is when they think it'll arrive.

Of course this is if they're not totally lying and the check won't get "lost in the mail".
>>
>>5832438
>If you r freelance then you r paid per project
That's not always the case.
>>
>>5836810
Fucking hell you love to blather on. Nobody wants your life story you attention seeking twat.
>>
>>5836301
>No, you are saying that
Haha ok champ. 0/10 you almost had me.
>>
>>5836306
>>5836301
lol samefag
>>
>>5836306
>wanted a car
>bought toy car instead
I think you're drawing quite the autistic and nonexistent parallel here.
>>
File: qmark trooper.jpg (45KB, 549x188px) Image search: [Google]
qmark trooper.jpg
45KB, 549x188px
Nearly on-topic question. If I make an order containing a pre-order item releasing this month, and a sale item, am I gonna wind up getting charged for the sale price of the item, or whatever it's at when they get the preorder item?
>>
>>5832415
Were those paid preorders? Cause I tried to cancel one a few months back but they said they were unable to.
>>
>>5840766
Jesus fuck you can't be this stupid.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.