[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jobbers gonna job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 291
Thread images: 40

File: image.jpg (58KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 1000x563px
What do you do for a living?

>inb4 newfriends call others "normies", like going to this website makes them different than the rest of the world
>>
I'm an illustrator at a design firm.

It pays pretty well, but they kind of treat us like shit.
>>
>>5832205
Do you get paid based on how much time you spend doing something?

Also I work at an amusement park.
>>
>>5832151
I just want to know what acer anon does to afford all those toys so I can do it, too.
>>
>>5832221
Yeah, it's kind of like a mix between hourly rates and commission. We get a set hourly rate for how long it takes us, and then more based on how well it sells. I dunno if that's how it works everywhere though.
>>
>>5832151
I am a screenwriter and write for tv shows and sometimes films but I am not an auteur, just like a writing mercenary for some studio
>>
>>5832151
I work do compensations for a huge company. Pays like shit, but it's enough to get toys.
>>
>>5832151
I'm a caricature artist at an amusement park, get min. wage. Currently a student so still living with my parents.
>>
I'm a woodworker. I basically just spend my day running the miter saw, making measurement calculations, and crafting things. It's cool and makes you seem more manly than a desk job but quite a few people get throat and lung cancer apparently so maybe it's not too great.
>>
Tech support for Apple as part of a college program
>>
Im a first grade teacher at a private school for special needs kiddoz
>>
>>5832151
I'm a cobbler, studying computer science on the side.

The pay is alright; I'm not wealthy but I can spend a couple hundred on toys in a month.
>>
Used to be a sales force manager for a certain communication company. Made fat stacks and got addicted to imports.

Now I work as a marketer in a much smaller town and make almost half what I did before and it's very, very, very, very hard to make the appropriate spending habit adjustments.
>>
I work at amazon

Pros - lots of exercise
Cons - everything else
>>
File: 20160721_150901 (2).jpg (238KB, 1232x2048px) Image search: [Google]
20160721_150901 (2).jpg
238KB, 1232x2048px
>>5832151
I take apart computers/servers and all that stuff to recycle them
>>
>>5832498
>Used to be a sales force manager
>>
>>5832151

My PhD in history of art got me a job as a manager of my family's tiny b&b, and a side gig as a dog host.

Life is wonderful.
>>
By trade I am an artist(Composer, Crafter, Whatever)
but I moonlight as an autist, so I'm in between actual paying jobs right now.
>>
Part-timer front desk at a bowling center for a little above minimum wage. Going to school still (mechanical engineering) and still living with my parents so plenty of money for little plastic japanese robots and people :^)
>>
File: 1432245030749.png (919KB, 1030x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1432245030749.png
919KB, 1030x1014px
Asst. restaurant manager
>>
>>5832151
Civil Engineer.
>>
File: buy my stuff anon or else.jpg (87KB, 525x475px) Image search: [Google]
buy my stuff anon or else.jpg
87KB, 525x475px
NPC at a supermarket, part time, 36 hours a week.

>inb4 shit job

Its Australia, $20 an hour, I got no family, don't study, I live life minimally apart from what I collect, work task are *only* hard because its always understaffed but since I'm in no position of power I palm it off

Best part is my job is pretty safe since I do all the work in the department, as in all the behind the scenes stuff, yet people think I'm just another cashier, kek
>>
Nonsense OP, I don't have a job and i just placed an order for $152 worth of figures
>>
Level 67 Basement Warrior.
Pay varies based on job contracts.
Grinding shit is my specialty.
>>
>>5832624
Buying toys with Bennies.

Good lad.
>>
>>5832151
I run demographics!
>>
Pizza delivery. Average day pays surprisingly well. Some days I get nearly $30/hour, but others I basically just get minimum wage. The inconsistency is annoying.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 620x400px
Come on Fartimus, I know you're here.
>>
Retail slave
>>
Tech support.

Speciality : getting yelled at by idiots who shouldn't own computers.
>>
>>5832834
same. walmart electronics department. i make 10.50 so it is not bad.
>>
File: 1444591783729.png (280KB, 726x726px) Image search: [Google]
1444591783729.png
280KB, 726x726px
Work in the warehouse for a small web store. Lotta running around, lifting shit and sweating.

Make a couple bucks above minimum wage and the coworkers are friendly enough.
>>
currently getting my shit rocked on a dairy farm
>>
>>5832256
sucking in all that wood and shit rapes your throat and lungs
>>
>>5832864
riveting
>>
OPs pic being relevant. Genius here.
>>
File: w.jpg (4MB, 3456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
4MB, 3456x2592px
I work at one of these, which means I'm supposed to repair shoes for a living.

But in reality I spend most of my day fixing petty shit for rude urbanite baby boomers who can't so much as open the fucking battery cover on their TV remote, let alone put some goddamn AAs in there. I refuse to believe you can't use a screwdriver.

Who stand there breathing down my neck, insisting I drop everything to help pick out "good quality" shoelaces for their snot-nosed grandson who just spilled a jar of keyrings all over the counter.

Who have the fucking nerve to insist that I don't charge them for work I've already done, because "in my day it cost two dollars".

Fuck you, lady. Nobody gives a shit about your daughter's wedding, or how expensive this cake knife was. Just tell me what to engrave on it.

No, please skip the life story. I don't care about your trip to Harbin. Why aren't you people familiar with the concept of "holding up a line"?

Yes, I'm good at engraving. I get paid to engrave shit. No, I cannot engrave in Copperplate Gothic Bold, that's not how it works. Do you have brain problems?

No, I cannot get it done in the next 10 minutes. Not even if you weren't at the end of a long queue. Yes, I know you're in a hurry. We all are.

No, fuck you, it's not $5. I don't care what your friend told you, you can't get any kind of service for $5. Let alone custom engraving.

No, I will not reduce it to $5 just for you, the pensioner's discount is 10%. You're clearly not a pensioner either, you're like 43.

No, you don't get a discount because you work at the fish market. Not that we don't give discounts to the fish market, but I know everyone who works there, and you're not one of them.

Yes, you can go to the guy across the street. Yes, I know he's cheaper. Use his services and you'll find out why.

No, you may not speak to the manager. Kindly vacate my store and let the paying customers take their turn.

Fuck people, old people especially. Gas them.

It's fun though.
>>
>>5832151
Working casual "Manual Labour Boy", pretty much doing the odd jobs needed to keep a rickety old buisness building up and running.

As a side gig i'm also self employed in a toy importing and online store business, so i'm pretty much able to get my personal stuff for wholesale price and with a tiny shipping overhead because of that.
>>
Security right now while I'm waiting for my Navy board to meet. I'm applying to the meteorologist/oceanographer which is a small enough field that they will probably reject me since they have enough people, so I'm also taking the Mass Environmental Police exam next month and feel like I have a good shot there.

Pay for security isn't great, but it's super easy work that looks great on a resume for most jobs I'm interested in.
>>
Tire technician at Costco. Pay/benefits are pretty good but the shop atmosphere sucks and everybody from the employees to the management to the members are all miserable as hell. Can't wait to get up to top rate ($26/hr) so I can drop to part time and focus on trying to turn my side hobbies (writing/drawing/photog) into something more.
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 813x459px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 813x459px
I work in a grocery deli and run a small business designing soft toys and furry stuff on the side. During the rest of the year I go to school for product and toy design so I have to hoard money during the months I have the time to work.

I don't really buy a lot of toys, but I spend a good chunk of my savings on toy design class projects that I then get to keep. It's nice.
>>
>>5832911

Old people are the worst. They're ALWAYS trying to scum for "deals" because they haven't figured out that the prices are tied to an internal inventory system and I can't magically drop the price of something. It costs what it scans, so unless there's some kind of pre-integrated sale going on, you ain't getting shit.
>>
>>5832938
Fucking old people. Im the guy thats in electronics at walmart and none of them knoe how technology works and they want the "best" of everything for a low price. Not gonna happen. And the most they will ever know how to work is a flip phone. And they ask so many dumb fucking questions and a lot of them have smart phone, and they have the worlds information in their pocket fucking look it up you idiots. You ask me a question and i have no idea on the answer i fucking look it up. The stupid i deal with everyday is enough to make someone an alcoholic.
>>
>>5832938
To be fair, it matters a lot where you work. I worked at Whole Foods for a year, and it was absolutely possible to do things like that. Probably once or twice a week, one of the other department leaders would come with a customer to the checkout line and tell me to ring it up at a different price.
>>
>>5832254
really, min wage? How is it?

I head a guy on /ic/ saying he made $500 a week about with his caricature artist job. I'd like to try it but there isn't a park around where I live. Never did like the "loud and annoying" aspect of caricature style though... Something like that would help me to be less of a social retard though, and it would be somewhat related to my actual field...

Currently working in maintenance at a college, as a sort of "student helper". It's not giving me much, but I live with my parents so I can buy a figure here or there.
>>
>>5832151
QA Engineer (comp sci grad)
>>
I'm a postal worker.
>>
File: IMG_20160801_222742.jpg (3MB, 4160x3088px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160801_222742.jpg
3MB, 4160x3088px
I'm a web/mobile/cloud developer for a digital consultancy. Pay is good, more than I can ever spend on toys. Girlfriend and I might get a dog soon.
>>
>>5832151
I collect denbts
>>
Currently working as a Support Technician for a tissue bank. Basically I just stock inventory and set shit up for processing techs, but I get to do some cool stuff like mix antibiotics. Talked to my manager, should be a getting promotion so I can process skin. Fucking cutting skin up, can't wait. Pays alright, currently at 11/hr, it's enough to be able to split rent on a house, pay for my shit, and have a decent 150 bucks for toys a month.
>>
>>5832979
How good? Ive been thinking about getting a degree or whatever in that
>>
>>5832938
Actually, I can charge whatever I want for any service as long as it's not above what's stated in the company guidelines.

Hagglers always get the maximum price.
>>
Recently promoted to supervisor position on the night shift's janitorial crew at a certain big box store. $14.75hr with 40hr weeks, insurance, 401K, and stock-purchase plan. Also just finished my 2yr degree in Mechanical Drafting, so trying to find something full-time in the mech, design/engineering market that has all I'm getting with my current job or more. Nothing yet, though.
>>
Currently just a college student. I was a bank teller for a long time and finally decided to get out of there and go back to school. Customer service sucks, but it sucks even more when you're dealing with people's money. They feel like they own you.

And to echo others here, old people do suck. "Yes. I know you come in every single day to make a tiny withdrawal. You still have to slide your card. I understand. That means you have to open your purse. I can't imagine the hardship this places you in."

My toy buying has definitely been impacted, but luckily my wife works, so we're not poor or anything.
>>
Java programmer in a third world country at least I make more than the min wage, also I live alone but due work hours I dependend on my mother adress to ship my shit... She had some interesting reactions to my buying habits
>>
File: IMG_20160801_224418.jpg (3MB, 4160x3088px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160801_224418.jpg
3MB, 4160x3088px
>>5832985
My degree is actually in Video Game Development, Programming track, but that basically equates to applied comp sci at my college.

2 months out of college, I started at 60k/yr. Got an 8k bump up after about 6 months. Also, because it's relevant for salaries in this business, I'm in Chicago.
>>
I tutor elementary school kids at a tutoring center. Minimum wage and the hours suck, but I make enough to be comfortable spending around $100 on toys each month. I'm going to school and still live with my parents so that helps a lot.
>>
>>5832151
I work at an amazon fulfillment center pay ain't bad and the worm environment ain't bad but fuck I've lost about 20 pounds doing this shit for a month and a half.
>>
File: received_10100700701954916.jpg (59KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
received_10100700701954916.jpg
59KB, 960x720px
>>5833064
Oh I've got my bachelor's in graphic design but I feel like my stuffs not good enough to warrant getting me a career.. then I look at my fuccboi classmates on facebook and they're getting 40k a year to droll out more of their shit... maybe I should start applying around.
>>
>>5832873
Yeah. Makes for some weird boogers at the end of the day sometimes.
>>
I make 62k a year working a desk job with pretty good health insurance
After taxes I get to keep like around 40k and I feel poor
How the fuck are so many people getting by on less?
Do you live with your parents?
Are you all kids?
>>
>>5833064
I'm >>5832927 and the security site I work at is actually an Amazon corporate site. It's really weird hearing how badly the fulfillment center staff is treated compared to the code monkeys.

They have a 'reflection room' which is just a room with an armchair and a sink that you can go into and think during your shift, and most people just kind of wander in anywhere from 8-11 before leaving well before 5 o clock.
>>
>>5833123
22k in taxes? What shitty country do you live in?

I make 24k/yr, keep 20k. 24, single, split rent with roommates. After utilities it's about 475/mo, not including gas/groceries. I'm certainly not swimming in cash and it's taking a while for me to pay off some debt from when I first got a credit card and was dumb as hell, but I've got enough to eat that debt away, afford to eat out at least once a week at a decent restaurant and 3-4 times for fast food, buy some toys and vidya.

What kind of life do you live if 40k makes you feel poor? Honest to god I almost don't know what I'd do with that money if my paycheck fucking doubled.
>>
>>5833123
>don't have kids
>don't take vacations
>don't splurge on electronics
>keep efficient older car as long as possible and know how to fix 95% of it
>state minimum auto insurance, lower tier obamacare insurance
I think it's more of a reflection on you that you live such a pampered and money-dependent life that you can't see how easy it is to live normally with a modest income. It's something our grandparents understood, but it died off with the baby boomers. The housing market crash was a perfect example. Houses of cards tumble easiest when large.
>>
>>5833148
Because property values and location have no bearing on their situation
RIGHT
>>
>>5833149
24, yeah. I live in Chesapeake, VA. Housing around here is pretty overpriced unless you want to live in a crime-filled neighborhood, so most people my age tend to split a house or apartment. I find that people really only start getting places by themselves once they hit the 25k/yr mark and even then, most studio/1bed apartments will run 700/mo before utilities. Cheapest I've found is 611/mo, probably gonna move to that by myself when I get a raise and get another credit card or two paid off.
>>
>>5833152
If you live beyond your means, you live beyond your means. If you have a job in San Francisco, and can't afford a place in the city, you commute. If one couldn't get that through their head and bought a loft in the city for $2300/month, with $800+ on all minimum living expenses, on a $40k take home salary, yeah, that's the house of cards.
>>
>>5833160
>my buzzwords
>>
>>5833170
Explain where it's wrong.
>>
nothing
>>
I work a pretty bottom tier job at Treyarch Studios. It's an enjoyable enough job but it pays shit. At least I get free food and drink everyday.

I'm currently looking for something better. I really want to get accepted into the JET program, so I've been brushing up on my moonspeak.

Weird thing is, I could easily get a job that pays double what I'm making right now, but it would be in a different field that I have no interest in. Currently studying programming too as back up in case other plans don't go well. I graduated 2 years ago, and I really don't want to go back.
>>
>>5832938
I get that shit all the damn time. I work at Bed Bath and Beyond, every old fuck and housewife asks for coupons. Bitch we mail and text those out like candy, not I do not have any I can give you. I'm supposed to be receiving bitch, but since we're always understaffed I end up playing cashier a lot. I only got bumped up to 9 something an hour since they did a survey of my area and found out other places have been paying higher. I get shit for hours, work is mediocre, but I love my coworkers, at least.
>>
>>5833190
Oh, and because I live in LA I pay almost 700 a month in rent alone for a tiny apartment, but at least the neighborhood is safe. Looking to find someplace cheaper closer to work or maybe in Orange County.
>>
File: 1465524137404.png (263KB, 532x698px) Image search: [Google]
1465524137404.png
263KB, 532x698px
>>5832151
Senior Engineer for an Aerospace company, basic desk job.
Used to be dilbert but am slowly changing into his pointy haired boss.

I bitch from time to time but life is actually pretty good.
>>
>>5832151
I'm currently a NEET. Don't study CS, it's a meme
>>
>>5833214
>Senior Engineer for an Aerospace company
>basic desk job.

How does that work?
>>
>>5833215
You must be a shit programmer if you couldn't get a job, shits in high demand. Or you live in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>5833218
He delegates all the work and just signs off on the final, same way the majority of senior x jobs work
>>
>>5833248
Sounds nice.
>>
File: desertDragonShoot_0007.jpg (286KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
desertDragonShoot_0007.jpg
286KB, 1280x853px
>>5832151
I'm an Assistant Cameraman on film sets, so I pull focus and build cool cameras. Hopefully I can move up to Director of Photography
>>
>>5833206
Need a roommate?
>>
>>5832238
Rad stuff, are you in the Guild?
>>
>>5833137
Depending on your position, you're being watched 24/7 there. Like why is your rate low? The lines down. Well you can't use that excuse everyday
... even though the lines down constantly.
It's a real whip cracking which is sad since the managers stand around and get fatter, typing on their little computers browsing Facebook and messaging one another going up to others and saying "work harder" more or less..
>>
>>5832585
>NPC at a supermarket
Non Playable Character?

>>5832832
Kek, for a moment I read that as Fakimus, that namefag that lurks on this board
>>
File: 4516.jpg (41KB, 560x371px) Image search: [Google]
4516.jpg
41KB, 560x371px
cnc operator. No idea how to program, I just load the material and press start. The shop is filthy from lead and graphite, no air for the summer and no heating in the winter. The machine is a piece of shit and needs to be restarted 5 times a day. It's pretty miserable.

Secretly I want to get fired and move back into my mother's basement and just chill with my gundam toys.
>>
>>5833446
Do it, she'll be dead in the future and you will regret not ever taking it up
>>
File: 43058324_p0.jpg (304KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
43058324_p0.jpg
304KB, 800x1132px
I work in a somewhat high class liquor store and probably spend more on booze than toys at this point
>>
>>5832431
I pray for your sanity
>>
>>5833298
The guy that designed that camera and accesories was a tacky mofo
>>
>>5833446
>>5833468
Don't do it. It sounds fun, but you lose all motivation to improve your standing in life very quickly.
>>
>>5833487
>Don't do it
>Spending valuable time with your mom will surely ruin your life

Yeah, okay, hope you're there to give him a hug when he takes one last look at her empty corpse and realizes that he'll never interact with her ever again, that he should have spent as much time with her as he could have.
>>
>>5833513
I think he is taking about not doing anything besides living in his mother basement with his Gundams not about spending time with his mom
>>
CNC Machinist. I don't like it but it pays decently for not having an education.
>>
Full-time produce at a grocery store. $11.50/hr, not good but it could be worse. I generally have a good time there but we'll see what happens when Weis comes in and starts fucking with things.
>>
Theater tech at two different places...pay is pretty alright if either gig would give me more hours. The hours work out well enough though while I finish up my BA
>>
>>5833520
How about you go grab the nearest broken tree banch and shove it up your ass while performing a twisting motion???
>>
I make $32 an hour as a desk jockey. Pretty cushy, 20 days vacation every year with an 8 day rollover if unused. Single, renting a home, plan on picking up a wife sometime in the next half decade while on an overseas trip. Plan on adopting a kid afterwards at some point.
>>
File: 1330549266303.jpg (66KB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
1330549266303.jpg
66KB, 400x319px
>>5833540
>>
>>5833525
Prepare your anus for Weis. I heard they're planning on getting rid of team leaders and profit sharing, (or whatever they called it. Haven't been there for 2 years sorry) and making severe cuts to the buyers in order to standardize inventory. Essentially, they're planning on making it more like a regular grocery store. Get out while you can.
>>
>>5833560
It's true, I work for Weis. They're trying to keep us all hush hush, but so many prople are about to be fucked.
>>
A event person that does demos at supermarkets and stores (a bit of transcription work on the side).

At worst the job is boring (standing around doing nothing). My company is run by dipshits that envision that you give grand speeches on the wonder of PRODUCT, but in reality every one wants their free stuff quickly so they can wander off. Not that I mind I only see superiors like once a month so its pretty low pressure.

The amazing bit is giving out food samples. Jesus Christ eating is a skill you should have mastered by the age of 7, yet people can not help but drop shit all the time. Christ its a tiny portion in a tiny cup, yet somehow people can not get it in their mouths.

Honestly its been a good job as I am studying marketing. Gives me a pretty good grasp on how stupid the general public is.
>>
I'm a gardener.
>>
I've been jumping shitty slightly higher than minimum wage jobs.

My degree is basically trash. I have money saved up so I can live fine and buy some toys every month.

I've been spending to much recently though and I need to cut back and sell some shit.

Overall it sucks. I wish I would've learned something useful or looks useful at least.
>>
I'm a male pron star
Toys keep me from lose my sanity and away from using drugs
>>
>>5833206
>because I live in LA I pay almost 700 a month
fuuuck the rent here is the fucking worst
I know SF and NY have it worse, but goddamn
>>
>>5833587
I live in DC Metro and starting rent is always at least 1k, even for a fucking studio
>>
I went into a music program knowing that it wouldn't net me a great job, but now I'm graduated and off FA and I have no idea how to get a job LOL
>>
File: 1446687521769.jpg (8KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
1446687521769.jpg
8KB, 300x199px
>>5832979

I'm going to be graduating soon with a comp sci related degree from a pretty good school. Do you have any advice for the types of things companies look for when hiring? I feel like I don't have much in terms of actual projects to show.
>>
>>5833172
>people should spend thousands of dollars researching and moving crosscountry because rent here is $10 higher than in Bumfuck
>>
File: 1465674736285.gif (92KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1465674736285.gif
92KB, 500x377px
>>5833233
Wasted dubs.

It's very easy for a good programmer to be the one out of work. They usually have a quirk that doesn't help at interview time. Meanwhile, the shitter lies well and is an expert at pump'n'dump.
>>
>>5833640

Programming is science, it's about results. The 'but I'm an artist!!11' excuse just doesn't hold in today's CS world, and rightly so.
>>
>>5833646
Science is about _correct_ results. Bad data and wrong decisions made upon it are worthless.
>>
Is it a good idea to move to Cali with just an art degree in game design?
>>
>>5833654

My point flew completely over your head. Being a good programmer today is just a part of being a paid programmer that regularly gets gigs, knows what clients want and how to deliver it in a compelling way; and none of this is the fault of a cruel world that doesn't understand how sitting in a basement 24/7 or sperging out at interviews is supposedly a sign of genius.

This holds for all fields and jobs. John Nash today would be an associate at best, overtaken by someone who has his depth/genius AND social skills to match.
>>
nothing, I got fired from my part time retail job for refusing to work only 4 hours a week and demanding a raise. I was getting paid minimum wage after the recent minimum increase after working nearly 6 years with the company.

I just graduate with a BA in Spanish and looking to get into grad school but right now, I'm stuck in limbo waiting for a professor to write a letter of recommendation they were supposed to turn in a month ago.

>>5833655
no
>>
>>5833654
I don't think you understand how science works
>>
>>5833668
Actually you go for what the client needs not what he wants unless you are a masochist bastard
>>
>>5833684
Sure, if you like earning a bad reputation and hate getting called for work
>>
>>5833654
>Science is about _correct_ results
You really have no clue how the scientific theory works, do you?
>>
>>5833692
Only if you have zero people skills and don't know how to ask the correct questions
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 264x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 264x200px
>>5833123
Hello. I am OP. This is my first thread that actually took off and I am a bit surprised with the population that replied (not that it's bad, but I was expecting more people around 30+ years or so to reply).

This is fascinating.

Anybody here work in healthcare too?

And I'm still waiting for you, Shartimus. We know you're here.
>>
>>5833716
I don't think you understand what "not giving the customer what they want" means
>>
I work as a math tutor.

It doesn't pay well and I haven't bought a toy since November.
>>
File: P1010309.jpg (621KB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
P1010309.jpg
621KB, 1125x1500px
I work for the pallet shipping/LTL division of UPS. Payscale would be alright if I didn't live in an expensive area, but I basically spend my day alternating between doing paperwork and doing donuts on a forklift, so its not too bad. Kickass healthcare and pretty good benefits though.

My only real advancement options are getting a CDL and driving a truck or becoming a manager-which seems like a shit sandwich.

Still with my parents, saving up for a cheap house because mortgages are like half what rent is around here.
>>
Auto insurance adjuster. Easy job, alright pay, definitely not using the degree I spent time and money on.
>>
software developer.
>>
>>5833215
I want to become a neet too. Where do I start?
>>
I'm the marketing guy for a tech company
>>
I was part of the JET program but now I'm just working as a tout in Shinjuku. Work's not bad, pay is great compared to what most make (thank you teaching connects). Probably going to finish the year and see what options I have by then.
>>
>>5833876
I've heard very mixed things about teaching english abroad. Some people say they loved it, others say that it was the worst job they could imagine. Would you recommend giving it a shot?
>>
>>5833902
If you have a year to throw away, yes. It's a lot of fun. It's not worth making a career out of though.
>>
>>5833206
700, where the hell do you live at? I live in L.A. too and rent isn't that cheap here.
>>
>>5833918
Ah, thanks. I guess I'll just keep trying for a job that's good enough that I can afford to just visit.
>>
>>5833624
Anything you've done for school that was a decent sized project is probably fair game to talk about on a resume or in an interview. I talked up my game dev final project as experience programming while working with a cross-functional team. Act passionate about what you do. Stress how much you like learning new things/tech (I hope you do). Everyone I meet has stressed that saying "i don't know how to do that, but I guess im about to learn!" is better than pretending to know things.

Ignore "5 years of experience in blahblahblah" in listings, it's bullshit put in there by HR. the actual interview will be with technical people, and they can usually tell if you have what it takes.

Programming skills carry over between languages, platforms, and frameworks. The specifics may change but don't doubt yourself, once you know how to write code you can learn the rest.

Not that you can control it, necessarily, but some places will give you a code challenge to complete on your own, which can give a really good opportunity to show what you can do with some time to think and even self-teach if necessary. Whiteboard interviews are the worst, and if you have to do one I'm sorry, but if a whiteboard interview is what knocks you out of the running for a job, then you honestly probably don't want to work there.

>>5833640
Its true, this can happen. But unless you're joining a company that has a staff of working full time on internal software, you're going to be dealing with clients, or at least internal management, and people skills are needed. I dunno what quirks you mean, but the guy I replied to mentioned being NEET, and declared a solid educational path "a meme" because he wasn't good enough to get a job. I have no sympathy for that, unless he's disabled. Autistic folks can and do get hired for programming jobs, if that's what you meant.
>>
>>5833483
He made one just for David Fincher and it's the lamest and coolest thing I've ever seen. Fincher liked Reds better than Arris, but wanted a long camera like an Arri. Problem solved.
>>
>>5834020

You're not special
>>
Dead career and looking to start over. What's hot right now
>>
>>5834070

Crippling debt and existential angst.
>>
>>5834070
Animator Eh?
>>
>>5832151
CAD for an interstate survey firm. We do shitloads of ALTA/NSPS surveys and topos for title companies, whose clients in turn are managing large portfolios of businesses and properties.
I can buy what I want, but I never have time to do anything with it.
>>
I am an IT specialist.

I keep toys on my desk at work. :3

I have ML at home. Minimates and Marvel Select on my desk at work since they kind of stick out at home.

I've moved my desk multiple times around the office and people wonder how I set them up so fast.
>>
>>5832850
Don't you love the ones that can't even figure out how to get up a web site so you can view their PC?
>>
File: METALGEAR! (7).jpg (91KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
METALGEAR! (7).jpg
91KB, 360x270px
>>5832256
I would hope you have the best custom displays for yourself ever then.
>>
>>5834198
You sound like a slave
>>
>>5833123
I make 500 a week doing as an in-house IT guy for a company that outsources the high level stuff. I'm supposed to be getting a raise soon, haven't seen it yet.

I think they recently noticed how much lack of work I have at times and asked me to cover for one of my friends in another position.

On the plus side, they're going to have me train with SQL cuz the outsource company is too expensive for tasks. I have no formal IT training. Making 20 bucks an hour to solve basic computer/network questions to a bunch of people who shouldn't be allowed near computers.
>>
>>5834236
Enjoy it while you can, those types of jobs will be gone after our generation
>>
>>5833850
Or you could work at a trucking brokerage company helping them keep their paperwork straight so that people with your job would be more likely to use them...
>>
>>5834240
I agree and disagree.

The older people are complete morons. The younger ones are too lazy to do anything themselves. "My printer isn't working... I don't know why..." "Is it plugged in? Is it turned on?"
"ohhhhhhh You're amazing!"

I've heard one of my coworkers actually had formal computer training, probably why he makes fun of me behind my back when I tell people to restart when I see they have basic errors that get resolved with a quick reboot.
>>
>>5834194
>>5834170
Studied that... lucked out in another field, still dealing with the debt. :/ Those schools are a sham.
>>
>>5834170
Nice! I'm ahead of the game
>>5834194
nah, studio guitarist
I don't even wanna get near the art design world, sounds fucking crazy
>>
>>5833737
Still dont know how that guy actually uses that as a handle.
>>
>>5834224
Aren't we all slaves to life and death, anon?
I mean, I live in the US, and can just quit my job any time I want. I get paid for my time while I'm there, and quite well, besides the full benefits.
Yeah, I have very little free time compared to before, but the trade off is well worth it. It's certainly not permanent though.
What is your choice, between the following options: broke, but always free for activities; or rich, but deep in autocad 12 hour days 6 days a week?
>>
Broker at a financial company
>>
>>5832955
If you work as a freelance caricature artist you can rack in way more money, but since I'm with a big organization that hires a lot of artists I get small wages. Being a caricature artist does kind of require you to be more social, but one of the guys here has been doing this for 15 years and doesn't talk to his customers at all but still gets cheers because he's so good. If you suck you have to talk to your customers more so they'll think about the experience as a positive one even if the picture isn't so good.
>>
>>5833630
>cities are islands with nothing around it but empty ocean and so you can only stay within the confines of city limits to keep a job
No you fucking retard, you live outside of the city. Probably hard to understand this, living at your parents house still.
>>
File: 1358928154041.gif (281KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1358928154041.gif
281KB, 280x210px
>>5832911
Somebody give this man a medal.
>>
File: muh helmets.png (1MB, 999x757px) Image search: [Google]
muh helmets.png
1MB, 999x757px
>>5832151
I make barely over minimum wage working in an outsource call center taking calls for Bright House Networks. I hate some of my co-workers with a passion and want them either fired or dead, I don't care one way or the other. The people in charge have very high expectations from us agents to juggle both quantity AND quality of work, sometimes such expectations drive me insane and I want to quit, but... BUT, my toy hobby keeps me going, it gives me a reason to muddle through some very difficult times and I'm hooked right now on completing the 1:5 scale helmets from pic related, they're a total of 60 and 11 have been released thus far in my area, I have a long way ago so chances are I will keep my shitty job until I'm able to complete it, I don't want to miss one single release or I'll have a hard time getting previous releases if I'm out of a job.
>>
>>5833321
>>5833137

Another Amazon FC guy here. I'm pretty new, but top 10 for rate performance of all inbound staff for the past two weeks. I'm also at risk for being terminated for poor performance, hah.

To top it off, I missed the Kotobukiya Megami Devices pre-release. I'm so salty about it I'll post it on any board I can.

>>5833190
>degree in japanese
>didn't get recruited as a JET
>Didn't get hired on at a private eikaiwa
>degree with focus on video production and editing
>very few, underpaying jobs for that here in bumfuck USA
>Degree for business management
>didn't get hired on as an office assistant or receptionist
>back to warehousing
>little time to rigorously practice japanese to try for the JLPT

I wish you the best of luck where I failed.

>>5833233
One friend got a CS job at a company that has organizational memory and learning problems, and his pay's not that great (less than my mom, whom works in warehousing). Two of my CS friends are now working in warehousing. I should point out where I live is a sea of warehouses.
>>
File: 1468988704516.png (81KB, 327x306px) Image search: [Google]
1468988704516.png
81KB, 327x306px
College student, took a temporary job at Target, terrible place to work and super shitty managers. At least Saturday is my last day.
>>
>>5834260
The fact that you honestly believe that those are your only two choices is pretty sad. Don't be a slave.
>>
File: 1469030149783.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
1469030149783.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>5833248
Not all of "engineering" means being around machines or overlooking a site, most admin positions here are engineers.

But yeah, delegate to more intelligent programmers and then say "no, these guys are the REAL stars" and then everyone notices you didn't take the credit and you take the credit anyway.
>>
I run a newspaper.
>>
>>5834444
Well you just gave yourself quads
>>
>>5834747
>The fact that you honestly believe that those are your only two choices
Please tell me where I said those are my only 2 choices. You are jumping to conclusions. I posed a question to you. Answer it.
>>
File: DSCF2287.jpg (822KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF2287.jpg
822KB, 3264x2448px
I was dishes, it sucks bigtime. The money is ok but in the summer it's pretty much pure suffering. Flies everywhere, the sink always leaks and I'm sweating fucking bullets more often than not.

I say it sucks but really it's the people I work with that make it intolerably shite, always going on about how my town sucks and how shit my highschool is and how students are scum and have it easy. Yeah it's real fucking easy digging yourself into 20 years of fucking debt to get a degree that's not guaranteed to land you a fucking job because there's literally hundreds of other applicants just as qualified as you going for the same position. This is coming from someone who can't even spell academic or even install a fucking app to their phone.

But it's nice getting cash in hand and blowing it all on transformers or comics every week or so. Really those are the only things that make it bearable.
>>
>>5834236
This is the kind of gig I would kill for.
>>
>>5834952
That anon will never answer your question. He is too busy suckling from mommy's tits in the basement to ever consider having to work in the real world.
>>
being a spic what i do is landscaping and that stuff.
>>
I work for one of the big electronics companies out of Japan.

I need a better job since discovering third party transformers on here
>>
File: 20160706_095709.jpg (214KB, 980x552px) Image search: [Google]
20160706_095709.jpg
214KB, 980x552px
Freelance graphic designer by day, produce worker by night.

I'm trying to make it to graphic designer full time status, but it's tough when you're living in NorCal, especially over by Silicon Valley and San Francisco. It also doesn't help that I live 30 minutes away from both mentioned locations.
>>
I am essentially a QA tech at a giant multinational consumer goods company. I run all the numbers to see how good our shit is compared to other shit that other people make, then the high-ups run around screaming over numbers. What it really ends up is just me at a desk doing data entry all day. I graduated 2 years ago with a bachelor of science and after 2 years of working here I am up to $17.84/hr and feeling woeful about the lack of future career. Not even sure what I'd want to do. I guess be one of the people that yells about the numbers?
>>
>>5834952
I choose the middle because being restricted to the two options you gave is unrealistic
>>
I'm a graphic designer/marketer for a commercial real estate company. Job's boring and stressful but it pays my bills and keeps my hobbies so whatever.
>>
20 Y.O Leech, starting a casual retail job in the next few weeks. Looking forward to being a functioning member of society
>>
I work at a gas station. I get paid more than minimum wage and work full time. My workplace is pretty relaxed (boss doesn't mind us using our phones) but it gets very boring. I don't have a lot of saving right now because I over spend on figures.
>>
I have 15k in CC debt from pruchasing toys the past 3 years
Fuck!
>>
>>5835189
Jesus, at least people get the most basic structure of intellectual gain by putting that type of wasted money towards a bullshit degree. You spent $15k on maybe $7 worth of raw plastic.
>>
>>5835211
Okay? And those other people wasted 15k on someone walking them through reading materials that they purchased. We're both on equal footing in terms of money wasting. The majority of worthwhile positions in strong companies don't give a fuck about degrees any more as long as you have a strong toolset and hands on experience, which you don't need college for.
>>
>>5835336
>The majority of worthwhile positions in strong companies don't give a fuck about degrees any more as long as you have a strong toolset and hands on experience, which you don't need college for.

bullshit. I know many many older people who have worked in their place of employment and have 15, 20 years experience and can't move up because no degree. Especially in engineering, which is a huge field.
>>
>>5835340
the reason they can't get a better job is because either they have shit personal skills, are pricing themselves out of the market or, the most likely reason, they are too old
>>
Automotive Engineer at major car manufacturer. Jobs challenging and keeps me busy and the money is great.
>>
Meh, trustfund baby here. I do seasonal jobs like lifeguarding and some political work.
>>
18 yo student but i work part time with my little sister. The state i live in gives me money to do things with her, such as going to the cinema
or a
Amusment park, and they pay all fees.
15 dollars/hour.
>>
>>5834241

Yeah, there's decent money if you're good at brokerage, but its usually mostly comission and in horrible cubefarm callcenters and shit. Assuming you mean freight middlemen like CHRobinson and stuff.

Unless you mean customs brokerage. I should look into customs brokerage.
>>
>>5835780
>to do things with her

thats sick consider yourself
/reported
>>
I bill media advertising. So every time you visit a website owned by my company and you see and add or something pops up, I end up having to bill the agency for that.
>>
>>5832555
>PhD in history of art
>History of art
There's your problem mate
>>
>>5832937
>toy design class
Is that an actual thing? I've wanted to work in toy design my whole life but the only courses would have been product design or modelmaking where I am.
I found product design to be pretentious as fuck in high-school with all the 'let's design products to save the planet guys!' shit so I'm taking the modelmaking course now.
An actual toy design course sounds fun as fuck.
>>
>>5832990
>>5832953
Old people are superior and so much wiser than the minimum wagers in this thread.

They know what's up.
>>
>Librarian
S'all right.

>>5833155
I'm over in VA Beach. Shit's way too expensive and I'm still not in a good neighborhood.
>>
I'm a recruiter, working for an agency. 34 years old normie here.

Isn't that bad, I get paid more than the average person on my country so I can collect random shit and have a normal life. Plus, I help people to get a decent job based on their skills and experience, so I feel like I'm actually contributing to the society.
>>
Utilities, locator specifically.
>>
>>5836101
You're not, you are simply acting as a feeding system towards wage slavery
>>
>>5836185
>guys just stahp being slaves! just stahp it!

Feel free to pull your head out of your ass.
>>
>All these Amazonians
>All new scrubs

I can tell, all of you.
Stay there for three years and then you'll know pain. I got to miss the preorders for Metroplex and a shitload of Monsterarts because they wouldn't pay me enough, and then I got to pack it for assholes who would throw in pony shit in the same order during 2013.
Now it's just giant dildos and all the Combiner Wars sets all over my FC. Thank fucking god I'm oldfag certified Problem Solver and never have to work hard.
>>
>>5835189
>>5835336
People of /toy/, please, for god's sake, take this person as an example of what not to become.

If you are fitting this person's profile, stop and really consider seeking professional psychological help.
>>
I work at an after school program. If I didn't live with my parents, half my income would be going to rent (LA ain't cheap). I used to be ashamed of it, but I've come to appreciate that I can enjoy a stress-free life doing the job I love.
>>
>>5836207
As someone who hasn't lived with their parents for almost 20 years, I feel qualified to say this:
Our societal paradigm of moving out forever at the age of 18 is not only a financial fantasy, it's not a tradition rooted in any historical basis.
I wish I had lived with my folks for longer, and saved and saved. It's hard trying to pay the bills and eat on barely above minimum wage, which is what you usually make for a while out of high school.
>>
>>5836189
Way to be a spineless twat my man
>>
>>5836285
Way to be an armchair philosopher, my anti-establishment shitstain slacker brodude
>>
>>5836206
>he jelly
>>
>>5836295
k
>>
I freelance write. It does not pay well enough to live on my own, but because of my health issues that's sort of out of the window as is.
>>
>>5832244
all he cares about are toys, the ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
I'm a Family Enrollment Specialist. Basically, I'm the guy who you come to see when you want to drop your kid out of a school and enroll them somewhere else. I also double as a program coordinator for a series of sessions that teaches parents how to be more involved in their children's academic careers. I'm in charge of booking venues, hiring speakers, planning the "graduation" for the participants, getting the caterer, etc.

It's a decent gig, especially since there are two main "rushes". First was about a month ago when all the late-comer parents were scrambling to enroll their kids in schools and being pissed off when the school they wanted was full. Next will probably be within the next 2 weeks when school starts and parents start wanting to change schools because they've already formed an opinion on the school after like 3 whole days.

Also, the program coordinator business is a little stressful, but it's only 3 months out the year. Altogether, I probably work 4 months out of the year, and spend the other 8 months doing random little bullshit jobs for the company or sitting in my office watching Netflix and Youtube. For whatever reason, the company's wifi is unsecured, and I use my personal laptop to do all my business. They honestly have no clue what the hell I'm doing in my office most of the time.
>>
Retail, 10.50 an hour. Asside from nearly no free time, insurance/car payments, and saving money to take girlfriend to prom I think it might go without saying that its been a while since ive added to my collection. However i do keep keep some cash aside for myself in hopes of ml juggernaut wave showing up in the local store.
>>
>>5832863
Are you me?
>>
I work in the dermatology lab for a big hospital system. It is mostly mindless compared to other healthcare jobs and basically glorified factory work, but its ok pay.
>>
File: 1446010550200.gif (492KB, 220x167px) Image search: [Google]
1446010550200.gif
492KB, 220x167px
I work at a fancy smancy grocery store, I have to wear dress pants and a white button up and we have people come in and play piano. Kinda boring but it pays okay, enough for me to get toys I want.

couldn't I had a 8/10 girl ask me to go to a movie with her, I said I couldn't but in all honesty I think she's shallow and didn't want to be with her. Only time in my life a girl asked me to go do something with her and I said no.
>>
>>5836619
We could work in the same warehouse and never know.
>>
>>5836202
Dear Problem Solvers
Stop bullshitting with the other PIT operators while I wait in line to get one fucking ASIN sticker.
Sincerely, OP operator

P.S. Your taste in music sucks, you don't need to prove that to everyone who's in the queue.
>>
>>5836295
>i am too weak to fight slavery
>slavery is the only way!
>be thankful for what you have!

just like a broken nigger and still pathetic no matter what side of the aisle you are on
>>
I work as concept artist at major game company

there's no desk space to display my toys so I keep my power lvl in check and keep them at home
>>
>>5836994

Sorry to hear that brah.

Copywriter at an antivirus company. We have okay deskpace so it doubles as a temperature-controlled display for my figures. Mainly sentai robots and some big 40K units.
>>
I'm a security guard.
>>
File: 1457067665995.png (177KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1457067665995.png
177KB, 400x400px
>>5836883
Enjoy your harness, bruv.
Besides if we didn't bullshit for three hours a day we'd go mad.
>>
Desk job, I have a Gundam Wing and Macross display on my desk and a Mikasa figma flexing.
>>
>>5833081
Gotta find an entry-level position, just doing whatever for a design firm or a design department. Cut your teeth there, then move on after 6-12 months. It will be rough.

I'm a graphic design/IT hybrid at a marketing research consultancy. The IT is currently sucking up all of my time, but hopefully I'll get back to the design stuff soon. Mostly that's just beautifying Powerpoint decks, but sometimes print and video work.
>>
>>5835910

It wasn't a problem when I enrolled, 'mate'. The problem is that I completed it the same year as the onset of the largest global crisis in the past 100 years. Frankly, I might act salty at times but I really regret nothing; at least I paid the whole of it out of scholarships and my pocket, so I got out of it debt free.
>>
I'm an underwriter for an insurance company that writes commercial auto insurance for taxis.
It's kind of like taking care of a bunch of children who happen to be rich and own a lot of taxis.
>>
>>5837036
>It's kind of like taking care of a bunch of children who happen to be rich and own a lot of taxis.

Little boys with big toys. Sounds riveting.
>>
>>5837028
>It wasn't a problem when I enrolled
Bullshit, unless you are some sort of closeted dumbass, it's always been an undervalued and severely restricted and limited track
>>
>>5837070

Nah, you're the one who doesn't know shit. There have always been outlets, in fact there still are - just outlets I?m not yet willing to stoop down to.

Gotta love how 'people' bring gratuitous name calling as if it was some kind of rationale. I understand you might have had a bad day, maybe mom asked you to sweep the floor of your mancave or whatever, but don't take it out on me.
>>
>>5837085
>There's a way out
>Wahhh
>But I'm not willing to take the way out

yeah okay so your either a dumbass or a dumbass congratulations lmao
>>
>>5832911
Sounds very similar to anyone in retail.

I had a friend who used to work at one of these mister minit places, his boss would charge ...what was it, $40aud I think (it was over priced regardless) to fix a broken handbag zip, citing new materials and stitching etc when all he did was bash the zip handle back in.

He quit because of that (he had morals), somehow he liked the oldies talking to him about their life stories, but when we used to work at kfc together he did all the talking and none of the work anyway
>>
Systems analyst for a large corp. Make roughly 100k a year depending on my bonus. Usualy work 3 days out of the week from home. Have to do a little bit of travel sometimes but don't mind it as I get paid mileage and have an expense card so company pays for meals. Job is easy since I know what I'm doing and get shit done. Work alone and see my boss maybe Once a year. Love that I can pretty much manage myself and work less than 30hrs a week.
>>
>>5837115

Dumbass? why? I enjoy my job, even though it has no relation to my degree. Looks like I caught a 12 yo tho, which is always nice :) Gonna display you on the wall with the rest.
>>
>>5837584
Shit man, you must be REALLY good at what you do. My brother is a systems anaylist for a pretty large company and makes like 70-75k...and he's been there for like 8 years.
>>
>>5837598
11yrs experience. I'm also the lead for many of our projects, so other analysts contact me when they need help. I'm a senior systems analyst to be exact. Tell your brother to move companies. That's the fastest way to get paid more.
>>
>>5832151
I'm a pipe layer.

I lay pipe.
>>
>>5832151
Prison officer.
Most people are shocked when they find out I collect lego and Warhammer as they have the predisposition that I'm some sort of a thug.
>>
>>5837593
Lmao what a nub
>>
File: footloose.jpg (165KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
footloose.jpg
165KB, 580x580px
>>5837632
Do you ever jam a sock full of Lego bricks and wail on any inmates? or have them get nude and lay on a floor covered in Lego
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 500x455px
Night Nurse at a Magnet hospital.
I feel like a glorified Med Aide and babysitter mostly but the pay is rather nice.
>>
>>5832256
please get a good quality filter mask when you're doing fine sanding friend, you'll be glad 20 years later

replace the charcoal filter monthly

- t. a concerned medical man
>>
I don't quite know? I work in an office/Lab type setting and I am the Supervising Technician of Technical Supervisors.
I have my own office with a window and a parking space and everything even a key to the executive elevator and take it to my floor every day. what do I actually do? well every hour and a half to 2 hours I go and check on everyone in the departments and then I write a progress report and if there is a problem and I'm not there someone will come and get me.
thats pretty much it..
>>
>>5833696
>>5833681
So you're saying you just write any numbers down and don't doublecheck your math? Explains alot of the shitware I have to deal with.
>>
>>5833961
When I say quirks, I mean anything other than going along to get along. For example, you're not allowed to find bugs in other peoples' code, even during code review. No, you're supposed to just wait for the fucking Russians to break in and steal/wreck a ton of data, then go "herp derp nobody could've seen this coming!" like the other dummies.
>>
I'm an accountant for a book publisher.
>>
>>5837628
Is... is this a euphemism for something l-lewd?
>>
>>5832151
NEET masterrace. Gotta love how wagecucks are supporting my figure purchases, its like the ultimate fuck you to normies
>>
>>5837694
I know, I know. My co-worker had throat cancer (and is an 8 year survivor with no metastasizing, which is very lucky from what I hear) and he always talks about things to watch out for. It's definitely one of those "I wish I had done things differently" type of things.

>>5838128
Bud, you're gonna hate yourself when you're living in squalor as a helpless impoverished old person.
>>
>>5837837
Your statment about science being about correct results was asinine. Your lack of ability to realize that these responses were about your folly show how moronic you are. No wonder you hold such a low position within your company, peon. Next time use terms correctly. APPLIED SCIENCE, you dense motherfucker.
>>
>>5837179
$40 sounds about right for a full zipper replacement.

I wouldn't charge anything to tighten the zipper pull, though. That's pretty scummy.
>>
>>5837735
So ur a supervisor to the supervisors how'd u get to that position and how many k's do you make?
>>
>>5839213
He throws strikeouts for a living?
>>
File: spideystance.jpg (299KB, 1701x1319px) Image search: [Google]
spideystance.jpg
299KB, 1701x1319px
24, been bouncing between temporary jobs since I finished school.
Last two jobs were buying & placing banner ads for a car company, and doing miscellaneous Excel and website/social media stuff for a credit insurance company.
Pay has been pretty good considering it's my first few jobs out of school, but on the other hand it's the most boring shit ever and the commutes are long. The people I work with are pretty ok and most days I just zone out and listen to podcasts while I work, but it's impossible for me to actually care about what I'm doing.

Right now i have two general directions I feel like I could go in:
1) Keep doing what I'm doing, move forward on a career path that I don't enjoy but don't exactly hate either.
2) try to find a job that I actually like, even if that means settling for less money
>>
>>5839213
Right place right time. There are some comfy positions out there.
>>
>>5839267
Take the last one, otherwise you're just wasting your life m8.
You get one shot at life
And you'll never get younger so don't waste your time doing shit you don't like for someone else
>>
>>5838390
Oh what a burn, you sloppy neckbeard. You probably can't get my order right at Burger King either.
>>
>>5836985
>Aww mom, I don't wanna get a job and move out of the basement!!
>>
>>5839688
>>5839692

Nice try! Jin!
>>
File: grand halation.png (227KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
grand halation.png
227KB, 500x429px
I want to get a job but I don't really have any important certified skill or any skills that I actually remember, and though I have a diploma on computer manteinance(?) but I haven't practiced since like 2010 so it might as well be obsolete.

What kind of skill would be a fast exit from NEETdom so I can stop posting here and fuel further my plastic crack habit? I can learn shit somewhat fast.
I'd ask /biz/ but they are assholes.
>>
>>5839869
http://www.careeronestop.org/
Really great resource to help you find jobs, learn more about them, and figure out what you need to get them.

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/
Will tell you a little bit more about jobs and whether they are in demand in your area.

Also check with your local community college to see what certificates/programs they have. Simple and affordable.
>>
>>5839876
Thanks, anon.
Though I forgot to say I'm not American. Sorry for being retarded.
>>
Child care. In my country this requires a special diploma in education. I don't really care for children's toys, I prefer dat sweet Nippon plastic folded 1000 times, but occasionally a kid will come in with a plush, doll or a pony that I have to go pick up on my way home. Pay is ok, hours are good, working with kids under 5 is breddy gud.
>>
>>5839895
Ah, sorry, I shouldn't have assumed. But if your country has some kind of Labor Department/Bureau, they probably have a similar resource.
>>
>>5832151
Army vet going back to school on GI Bill. Also working part time for my dads company while doing a side job painting warhammer models.
>>
File: IMG_20160804_164607.jpg (1MB, 3094x2209px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160804_164607.jpg
1MB, 3094x2209px
>>5833146
> Honest to god I almost don't know what I'd do with that money if my paycheck fucking doubled.
This. It's more money than I've ever dreamed of.

Me, I work in a call center. My area has a dozen call centers that people seem to cycle through. I'm only on my second one: I was at the previous for ten years, but the stress was intolerable so I was sick all the time and took advantage of the awesome health benefits they offered. The place still ends up doing a mental health number on people who work there.

My current place has zero stress (for me, at least) and apparently using my skills under so much pressure for so long at the old job made me absolutely fucking amazing at my new job (according to my boss and customer surveys). It's ironic, though, because the pay isn't very good and the benefits suck, and since my girlfriend isn't working (summer, she's an adjunct professor), I keep having to ask my Baby Boomer parents for help making ends meet.

Too bad I don't get a little bonus every time a customer says "With that voice, you should do radio!"

I buy Transformers maybe twice a month. Pic related was my last "splurge".

I'm hoping this job turns out to be a stop-gap before I go back to school for my Master's in Social Work: my area is underserved with social workers, and I was raised in the wild by a pack of therapists. I swear some people can smell it on me, the way I end up being used as a therapist sometimes. I wish I could bill the odd customer who tells me their life story and says they feel a lot better after that.
>>
>>5833587
Wisconsin is pretty bad too.
>>
>>5837846
I've never heard of someone getting fired, or not hired, because they were thorough. If that has happened, then that guy I feel bad for. Still don't pity NEETguy tho.
>>
>>5840587
I live in New Orleans. Back when I was younger, I lived in an area called Metairie. It's actually a city on the outskirts of New Orleans, but it's so damn close that people lump it in with New Orleans.

Anyway, the place was great. Nice people, great neighborhoods, malls, tons of different stores...you basically never had to leave. I lived in an apartment maybe 4 blocks away from a big popular mall. 2 bedroom, 2 bath, pretty big place (damn near the size of a small house) was 1100 a month, water included. I shared the place with my (then) girlfriend and worked a job that paid maybe 25k. My (then) girlfriend was the manager of a store in the mall and probably made 25k as well. It wasn't too difficult to pay bills.

Now I live in the actual city of New Orleans, in a house, and my girlfriend is now my wife. I make 55k a year, she makes 65k a year (yes, she makes more than me, whatever). Our mortgage is fucking 750 bucks. This is a starter home, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, an entry room, a fuckhuge kitchen/living room combo, and a big ass computer room (oh and a laundry room). The neighborhood is pretty nice too.

Point I'm trying to make is that owning a house is usually cheaper than renting. It's crazy, but true. My wife and I would be rolling in fucking dough if we didn't have two kids. As it stands now, we're pretty comfortable.
>>
>>5832151
Bilingual Customer service representative. $14/hr
At planned parenthood facility. I start Monday!
>>
CAD/tech pack designer for a girls/juniors denim company. I make sparkly butt designs.
>>
I work in a liquor warehouse.
>>
>>5839936
>side job painting warhammer models
wait people will pay you for that?
>>
>>5841354
It definitely helps to own a home, but the minimum wage here is $7.25 and housing is ridiculous so not many people can afford to buy. Also doesn't help that the only decent jobs one can get here are trade jobs, and nursing.
>>
>>5841383
Not him but my buddy pays people to paint his models most of the time.
>>
I'm a cobbler, it's min wage but i get a bonus every week based on what i have earned that week.and its multiplied weather i'm teaching an apprentice. chill job and lots of banter
>>
>>5832151

I take care of a data center for a large telecom company in the US. Mostly just putting in fiber links and changing hard drives in servers and keeping things clean.
>>
Make 63k a year to put presentations together
I have no reason to complain
#blessed
>>
>>5833671
Sneak back in in the middle of the night and take a shit in the store
>>
>>5841396
A cobbler? Meaning you actually fix fixable shoes?

Isn't that sort-of a skilled job? How do you only make minimum wage at that?
>>
>>5842283
Probably because of low demand, it's not like his job affords him a huge amount of clients. We live in a world where 99% of the shoes that are produced and bought are basically toss away plastic and nylon shit that is glued together by kids in Vietnam and Cambodia. It all tears apart so irreparably that people think it would be better to buy another pair for $45.

He probably just caters to business people that have $250+ leather shoes and maybe tradesmen or something.
>>
I'm a parcel delivery contractor for AusPost, working in a small country town.
I get up in the morning, sort parcels, take the PO box mail and parcels around to the Post Office, sort more parcels, take the RMBs/out of town parcels to the Post Office, sort the last of the parcels and then scan them into the facility and then scan the one's I'm delivering onto my scanner, then do a morning drop to certain business' and what not, then go back and sort all my parcels into a more ordered form, for delivery. Then I deliver them.

My day is anywhere from 5 hours to 11 hours, depending on how much I have.
>>
>>5842300
When you open people's mail for thoughtcrime inspection do you report every image of a flat chested female regardless of age or dress per Australian law?
>>
>>5842314
Don't do any of that mate.
That's all done in the big sorting centers in the cities.
All we do is receive it, then sort it into which part of town it goes to, then take it there.
>>
Pharmacist. It's stressful and high volume, but I make way more money than I know what to do with.
>>
I just started working at a furniture company reception desks for businesses

It's pretty chill, basically all I've done so far is spend the day sanding surfaces, but I enjoy it

The repetitiveness of it while I just zone out with my headphones in is something I can get used to
>>
File: 1454187313050.jpg (52KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
1454187313050.jpg
52KB, 720x544px
I work weekends for the Retail Customer Service phone line of a large chain of British stores. Pay isn't the worst and for a weekend job to pay for figures whilst I'm doing college I couldn't really ask for me.

I wish customers would shut up about us going under like BHS though, they always say that when we do the tiniest bloody thing wrong.
>>
>>5834971
>bachelor of science and after 2 years of working here I am up to $17.84/hr
i just started doing QA and i'm making like $35/hr
>>
im a substitue teacher
>>
Freelance artist
>>
Doing comp sci at Uni and get gibs from gubment.
>>
>>5846736
How does that pay where you are?

I've heard it can pay quite well if you're reliable and well known in a school district (or, better, more than one district).

I tried substituting a little and the daily pay was great, but I didn't get much work and had to look for something more regular... so I became a temp.
>>
I'm a counselor and and I run a little online store front for video games and toys.
>>
>>5834579
I took pto to preorder renewal W and Amazon alpha. No regrets
>>
I work in aged care, professional bum wiper and poo cleaner.
Only 20 aussie funbux per hour definitely not enough for the torture i endure
>>
I currently work in a mall food court but I just got a job doing this
>>5833064 since the pay and job is much better. Hoping it can help fuel my hobby more.
>>
An assassin. I collect funko pops.
>>
>>5852034

I have so much respect for your profession, given the amount of work you do and the effort you put into it just so those old peeps can look presentable to (sometimes ungrateful) relatives that barely visit.
Thread posts: 291
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.