[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3rd Party TF General: Gorilla God Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 67

File: me-so-gorira.jpg (140KB, 939x960px) Image search: [Google]
me-so-gorira.jpg
140KB, 939x960px
Let's keep this gravy train rolling ladies n gents

old thread >>5795186
>>
Transmetals seems like a good route for 3Psto tackle. The later bW stuff doesn't get much love in Japan, yet the mechanical detailing in the beast modes(and the lack of emphasis the show put on the organic bis in robot mode) probably gives it a good crossover audience with G1 style loving traditionalists.

That said, organic beast mode and all, I think a 3P BW Dinobot would be a decent seller, if Takara doesn't do an MP first.
>>
>>5819313
YO. I don't usually buy Transformers anymore but this Beast Wars revival shit is really digging at me right now. This looks fucking amazing.
>>
File: 190120_FlameConvoy_Techspec.jpg (467KB, 554x681px) Image search: [Google]
190120_FlameConvoy_Techspec.jpg
467KB, 554x681px
u knoe who needs a RE:Master?
>>
>>5819335
But the original toy is good.
>>
fucking FT Galvatron officially delayed until Decembet
why the fuck do these faggots even bother providing a false release date in the first place!
>>
>>5819343

Reminder that MMC originally pegged Overlord and Tarn for what, 2014, 2015? We're nearing the end of 2016 and still no release date for Tarn.
>>
>>5819501
Nobody is going to need one after that overwhelming revelation.

Hasbro doesn't need to sue 3Ps. They can just have Roberts put them out of business making his dumb characters.
>>
>>5819339
>Monkey arms
>>
>>5819507
No one cared who he was until he put on the mask.
>>
>>5819507

Don't care about who he was, it's who he is and the fact he's a leader of a group. So I gotta buy him since I'm buying the rest of the group.
>>
>>5819507
God, I hate to be this way about it, but I can't deny that season 2 has killed a lot of my interest in MTMTE toys. I would have bought Maketoy's Tailgate 3 years ago, but now I wouldn't want him. Same does for a lot of the DJD and Overlord - I still love their designs, but man, my enthusiasm has lowered. Some of that is just hype cooling over time, but it still bums me out.
>>
>>5819576
I feel the same way.

Still getting Overlord, as I've liked him since LSOTW.
>>
>>5819582
I'm going to hold out to see Hasbro's first. I love Masterforce Overlord, and I expect HasTak's will go G1 over IDW. That might be enough for me, even though Masterforce and IDW Overlord are practically different characters.
>>
>>5819313
I am not in tune with Transformers, can someone please give me info on this guy? Loved Beast Wars.
>>
>>5819600
It's an unofficial toy by a company called Perfect Effect. Looks like it will be a very faithful reproduction of the design from the show and will scale with most other BW toys well.

No price or exact date is given yet (to my knowledge). Unfortunately, PE is known for having slightly higher prices than most other unofficial companies, so I'm a little worried on price.
>>
>>5819507
Roberts is a moron and should have just done the reveal people wanted.

I bet it was going to be Roller all along and he went for the idiotic swerve because everyone already guessed.
>>
>>5819614
I don't know about that, but I think a lot of this comes from the mystery taking a bit too long to conclude. It's been so long that a large number of people are just tired of it and want the reveal. Hell, I know a few people who have just given up and don't care any more.
>>
>>5819614
>went for the idiotic swerve

So the minibot who nobody cared about until Roberts couldn't use Blustreak in a story is actually Tarn?
>>
>>5819639
>Plot Twist It's Wheelie
>>
If Iron Factory makes a DJD I'll pick them up but I'm out on the reformatted versions after that underwhelming reveal.
>>
>>5819639
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Damus
>>
>>5819644
For me, it''s not just this issue, it's spending $150+ each (probably) on Helex and Tessarus who have basically gotten no characterization.
>>
Would someone with both iron factory amd generations black shadow give a comparison? The new one is neat with the clear wings, but i want to know if it is worth the price increase.
>>
>>5819673
I don't own both, but I saw the IF one at TFCon and it looks nice. It's about 70% of the size of the Generations, so honestly, the Generations one would fit your legends shelf without too much trouble if you're okay with him being a big guy. That said, the clear red parts on the IF one are really nice looking.
>>
>>5819676
for you
>>
>>5819673
>>5819676
I've got both and the IF version is honestly the superior figure.

Like the have the same general points of articulation, but the IF is actually -designed- better, and with way less compromise on how much you can move the freaking limbs.

Like, I can have his arms out straight forward! You can't do that with the generations one!
>>
Somebody donate to my "I want that TFC Hades fund" ;_;

Btw I heard that Bad Cube Brawny is quite a rare commodity in the 3p community at the moment, why is that? He was an amazing representation of Brawn but I don't get why I don't see any of them on Ebay or seller sites cause I was just curious how it aged. Granted I bought one and after a few days shoved it back in his box and threw him in my closet since I got no space for MPs in my small display at the moment.
>>
>>5819691
Show me some poses comparing them! I would love to know what the differences are beyond the wings and size and price.
>>
>tfw you picked the wrong side in a combiner team war and now there's ever decreasing hopes the last pieces will get released and you're stuck with a bunch of subpar figures no one wants to buy
>>
File: image.jpg (963KB, 2401x2345px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
963KB, 2401x2345px
Slapped on an autobot logo, painted (badly) the missing details on the toy head and after a lot of tinkering with tolerances, I'm in love with Backdraft.

Though, fuck the transformation back to vehicle mode.
>>
>>5819733

Generation Toy or Gcreations?

GT seems to be alright but they had to delay their final members because of a fuckup. Their not-hook is coming with a clear tinymegs now.
>>
>>5819733

We keep telling you 'tards, you wait until the entire combiner is released and fully reviewed before you even think of buying a single part of it, or you're gonna get fucked right up the asshole until you shit blood for a month.

When will people learn?
>>
>>5819850
Heh if people learned then they wouldn't be having shitfest in the /tfg/ thread.
>>
>>5819746
The official actually kinda looks better than that one.
>>
>>5819850
I did that for Feral Rex, and every piece was gone when I went to buy it.
>>
>>5819860

BBTS has the whole thing in stock right now.
>>
>>5819850
It's kinda difficult doing that with the TFC Seacons
>>
>>5819871
At the very least, you should have waited until Snaptrap was revealed.

Either way, combiner teams these days rarely sell out quickly, you can afford to wait to see the full thing.
>>
Is it just me or do a lot of third party companies violate the rule of thumb in regards to transformation that the front of an alt mode should be orientated the same way as the front of the robot mode?

Looking at my 3P figures and quite a few of them when transformed facing one way, without rotating them, end up facing the opposite way.
>>
>>5819907
I can't be the only person who thinks about this.
>>
>>5819907
I like it when a toy can "stand up" from it's alt mode into robot mode, but it's no hard rule in my book.
>>
File: 1367061788383.png (359KB, 654x473px) Image search: [Google]
1367061788383.png
359KB, 654x473px
>>5819313
>YFW this gets remolded into Primal Prime with mouthplate headsculpt

>YFW Perfect Effect decides to do TM2 Blackarachnia next
>>
>>5819942
They can do whatever, but TM2 Megs should be next if they don't fuck this one up
>>
File: BMEndgame2_Optimal_megatron[1].jpg (65KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
BMEndgame2_Optimal_megatron[1].jpg
65KB, 600x451px
>>5819942
The toy better come with an Optimal Megatron head or the whole thing is a waste of time and money.
>>
>>5819959
how about the proper gorilla head as an option over the wrong fucking thing they used?
>>
>>5819313
unpopular opinion and all that shit, but I really do hope they do a chrome version, I actually love chrome, and idk what the fuck everyone else does with their toys but almost all of my BW toys still have their chrome looking great
>>
>>5819965
>implying I care about that impediment of a beast mode.
>>
>>5819966
Some chrome can just be victim to climate and luck of the draw. I swear I've seen toys with chrome flaking that are still in box.

But I'm with you and would like it as an option. Even if I didn't get it personally.
>>
>>5819966
I love chrome too, but ever since the chrome on my MP Soundwave just oxidized (or whatever happens to him), I've become wary.
>>
>>5819854
It's a matter of preference I suppose. I like the g1 toy accuracy of backdraft over the toon accuracy of the MP.
>>
>>5820007
This is what I like to see in third party stuff - taking approaches different from HasTak's stuff. That way you really get a choice, and can pick what you prefer instead of 3 near-identical versions of the same thing.
>>
>>5819907

Since when was that ever a rule?
>>
>>5819907
>the rule

There is no rule. It's just your autism.
>>
>>5819965
>>5819959
I agree with both of you.

An optional Megatron head would be the bees knees. And I also hate that big ass gorilla head they're using. Hopefully they fix that.

I'm buying the figure regardless because the bot mode is top notch and that's really all I care about. But still, at the very least let's hope they fix that gorilla head.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1469608452000_1.jpg (32KB, 469x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1469608452000_1.jpg
32KB, 469x640px
OUT OF NOWHERE
>DX9 MP-scale
>>
File: FB_IMG_1469610050011.jpg (32KB, 720x451px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1469610050011.jpg
32KB, 720x451px
>>5820177

What the fug. Not as overtly detailed as I would expect from Dx9. It actually looks fairly good. So what, that's Bold Forms, Maketoys, and now DX9 fighting Xtransbots for top Megatrons now?
>>
>>5820215
>greebles
>on a gun
>on a Walther P-38
>>
>>5820177
>It's an MP-Megatron episode
>>
File: hooker.jpg (230KB, 960x1186px) Image search: [Google]
hooker.jpg
230KB, 960x1186px
GT has been a bit busy.
>>
File: hooker2.jpg (251KB, 960x1314px) Image search: [Google]
hooker2.jpg
251KB, 960x1314px
>>
>>5820249
>that kibble

Also, don't tell me its really called hooker
>>
File: 0068OkXGgw1f68j3ys1gdj30qo0w6wk3.jpg (212KB, 960x1158px) Image search: [Google]
0068OkXGgw1f68j3ys1gdj30qo0w6wk3.jpg
212KB, 960x1158px
That back cab is an eyesore but I assume that's where the combiner head is hiding.

Better than forming the foot like maketoys but eh.
>>
>>5819673
I've got both, the IF version is pretty much superior when it comes to looks and articulation.
>>
>>5820370
I think for the price, the generations fills the blackshadow slot just fine.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1469609211730.jpg (31KB, 399x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1469609211730.jpg
31KB, 399x640px
>>5820177
Back is a complete mess. Think I'll just keep waiting for MT megs.
>>
>>5820391
Really? That doesn't look so bad - the backpack is decently compact, and the rest looks alright.
>>
>>5819860
FR got glowing reviews across the board who ever said otherwise were trolls.

>>5819733
What was it?
>>
File: TF_X-trans_Megs15.jpg (62KB, 336x504px) Image search: [Google]
TF_X-trans_Megs15.jpg
62KB, 336x504px
>>5820396
compare to XTB. I'm sure MT will look even better.
>>
>>5820402
That's a good point, though I think DX9's limbs look better overall when compared to XTB's. Like, they both have messy rear-views but for different reasons.
>>
I finally got my hands on a steelcore, and I knew he was highly regarded, but this thing is amazing. The articulation is lacking in a couple spots, but he's way more than the sum of his parts.

I know it's a weird question, but are there any other third party standouts that have the same sort of feel to them? Flexibility, weightiness, style, etc? I've owned a couple other fansproject toys, but they didn't impress me this much.
>>
So now that Tarn was underwhelmingly revealed, and the rest of the DJD was literally one shot in a panel for each except for Nickel, will this kill the chance of the rest of the MMC DJD coming out since theres now no hype/continuity for them anymore?
>>
>>5820440

This is coming out in a month or two and is probably as similar to Steelcore as you'll get in terms of size, chunkiness, and aesthetic. As long as you're not bothered by the fact that it's Optimus.
>>
>>5820391

Who gives a fuck what the back looks like, you don't buy these things to stare at their asshole. The important part is will the transformation not be a piece of shit, and will he be a solid, well articulated figure?
>>
>>5820526

I just wish the truck mode wasn't so shit looking.

And speaking of (possible) shit, anyone got the KO Voyager MP10? How is it? Who'd you buy from?
>>
>>5820526

In fact, damn...
>>
>>5820497
Well, renders for Helex were shown at TFcon which leaves Tesarus as the only remaining member. I wouldn't be surprised if we did see him...in 2100.
>>
>>5820526
>>5820540
That was actually one of the first things I thought the first time I transformed steelcore, he looked just like a blue FOC optimus. I probably don't need another straight up optimus, though.
>>
>>5820552

I think I worded my post a bit poorly. I meant "Tarn was underwhelmingly revealed in the comics". The Tarn toy looks nice except for his shit hands, which hopefully they fix.

But the DJD getting completely blown the fuck out with no real pomp, fanfare, or fight has people salty as fuck right now, and I'm wondering if this might affect the whole team coming out since, well, they only got made because they were somewhat popular in the comic and they're all OC Donut Steels that'll never be featured in anything else.
>>
3p Landcross when? TFC should do them after the Piranacons.
>>
File: TFCon-16-Panel-418.jpg (64KB, 1279x720px) Image search: [Google]
TFCon-16-Panel-418.jpg
64KB, 1279x720px
>>5820527
You are correct but, a clean back shows how well a figure is engineered. XTB achieved a clean back at the expense of the legs. DX9 has much better looking legs but at the expense of the back. Though we haven't seen the back of MT I think its going to be the best overall.
>>
>>5820565
Well they got the guys that would be cheapest pricepoint out. Tarn coming out is pretty damn likely since pretty much done already and apparently they have parts which are reused in other things they will release. If Helex and Tesarus see the light of day I have no idea.
>>
>>5820540
What kind of retard fails to transform Steelcore?
>>
>>5820626
uh, what failure are we talking about here?
>>
>>5820565
If these had come out a year or two ago I would have bought them instantly.

The downward spiral in quality of MTMTE combined with the wet fart of a reveal in #55 and I just don't care anymore.

They really could have had something special with the DJD. Oh well.
>>
>>5820654
>trusting post-Furman IDW
You only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>5820654
MTMTE is my first experience with any form of transformers comics and it nearly put me off of reading any form of transformers comics.
>>
>>5820672
It's all downhill from here.
>>
>>5820665
MTMTE was legitimately great till Roberts started pandering to tumblr.
>>
>>5820665

Furman is a low point in anything. Terrible writer, and his autism prevents him from acknowledging there are female transformers.
>>
>>5820683
MTMTE was legitamately doing nothing in space until Dark Cybertron, then it started pandering to tumblr. It was okay, with potential to be great, but it never went anywhere. RID with Bumblebee fucking everything up so bad that it made Starscream look good was better (although less entertaining).

Last Stand of the Wreckers was legitametly great, but I lost interest when they booted Furman from the mainline. Regeneration 1 was great, Beast Wars was great, the Dead Universe stuff was- it was okay, but I liked it. The -tations stuff was slow build, but when Thunderwing started wrecking stuff and Sixshot started wrecking stuff was great. Even tranny-Arcee is a more interesting take on Arcee, despite what tumblr believes.

/blog
>>
>>5820691
18+
>>
>>5820701
>RID with Bumblebee fucking everything up so bad that it made Starscream look good was better
The irony is that while MTMTE is the "fan favorite" it's finale was literal shit while exRiD exceeded everyone's expectations by introducing MURDER PRIME.
>>
>>5820757

Every comic goes through highs and lows. Problem is MTMTE should have been at a "high" right now, and instead it flubbed the last few issues pretty hard, and then tied it all up by shitting it's pants on the dance floor.

You really have to try to fuck up that bad.
>>
>>5820766
IDW hardly gives a shit so long as the books sell.
>>
Bobby Skullface reveiwed the KFC Crash hog. IT'S NOT SHIT! WOO!
>>
>>5820691
For all his flaws at least Furman can write epic battles at the conclusion of his stories (see Magnus Vs Galvatron in Target 2006 for example). Roberts spent 2 whole seasons building up the DJD as a threat only for them to go down like punks in a single panel each.
>>
>Don't have any attachment to any source material that transformers come from

>Not afflicted with the terrible nitpicky autism true fans have so I can enjoy toys that take design liberties

Who master race here?
>>
>>5820889
I have attachment to the 1986 Movie. Other than that I love free design choice. Hell, I like free design choice with Movie characters as well as long as it isn't being presented as being 100% accurate. I think Maketoys Quantron is the best computron on the market and that thing has so much free design in it a geewunner could have a stroke.
>>
>People are seriously holding out for HasTak Overlord before they go to Carnifex

If you can afford to choose between a Lamborghini and a used stationwagon then it's not much of a choice since you can just get both.
>>
>>5820889
That's nice and all, but actually having an attachment to a character can make your enjoyment all the more better. I'll buy toys just because I like the design most of the time, and yeah I don't truly care about Transformers for the most part as far as fiction, but take, for example, PE's Optimal Optimus in the OP. Beast wars is the TF fiction I care most about, and that figure immediately brings back great memories and times and reverberates with me. Where as, another great figure that I bought for visuals alone, no matter how much I enjoy it, won't have the same impact. Still, its fair game either way.
>>
>>5820905
Its not really a question of affordability, but space and time. Transformer collections by their nature of having hundreds of unique characters tend to be pretty full, so people may not want to dedicate space to two Overlords. Plus even if you sell the one you don't want,t at's still time to dedicate to selling it.
>>
So how is generation toys quality? It's the wrong color, but I'm still really interested in their jazz. I'll probably wait for reviews to see about articulation, but I'm just wondering if they've had any glaring problems with parts snapping or whatever.
>>
>>5821027

Breakages aren't a problem IIRC. I have all their releases so far and their biggest weak point is small fiddly bits that don't lock in by design and some loose tolerances. They feel great in hand otherwise. For example shit like Bulldozer's arm plates needed a locking tab, and the chest swivel is not very tight. Their Navvy was their strongest release so far.

They should be improving though. J4zz looks like most of his stuff locks into place.
>>
>>5820854
>Comparing comic books from before you were born instead of the recent ones that were being compared to.
>>
>>5820951
One is the Masterforce Overlord that is piloted by a husband and wife of evil, the other one is the Decepticon super-warrior from the future that fights against the Motovators.
>>
>>5821035
That doesn't sound too bad As long as things aren't straight up floppy I can just hit it with some future.
>>
>>5820894

Quantron just plain looks bad. And this is coming from someone who grew up with G1 but loves MMC's and IDW's designs and most 3P takes on things.

>>5820526

Is this going to be Voyager sized or MP sized?
>>
>>5820894
My nigga
>>
>>5820629
Look at the waist
>>
>>5821128
Leaving that untabbed gives him an ab-crunch and a waist swivel.
>>
Are those metal swords for hexatron on eBay compatible with regular 5mm ports and hands? They look cool as fuck and I'd like to use them with some other figures.
>>
>>5821128
>>5821133
Dubs has answered you already.
>>
>>5821133
You have no idea what an ab-crunch is supposed to look like. This is mistransformation completely fucking the proportions.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 320x254px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 320x254px
>>5821329
Excuse us for living.
>>
File: VosOhShit.jpg (754KB, 1491x879px) Image search: [Google]
VosOhShit.jpg
754KB, 1491x879px
Damn, Vos has had a bad day.
>>
Do we have any release dates for Maketoys' Not-Megatron or Toyworlds' Not-Arcee yet?
>>
>>5820757
>MURDER PRIME

Optimus did nothing wrong.

Galvatron deserved to die.
>>
>>5821435

This. In damn near every continuity Galvatron has been either insane and evil, or just plain evil.
>>
>>5821428
What happened?
>>
>>5821669
Gold Plastic Syndrome finally hit him
>>
>>5821669
[spoiler]Megatron. Pissed at the DJD. Antimatter.[/spoilers? not on my /toy/]
>>
>>5821674
>>5821435

Guess I'll have to read it
Is there a link for the comics?
>>
>>5821686
Try the Win-o-thread on /co/
>>
>>5821333
>proved wrong
>but muh feelings
Dude
>>
So before I jump into buying pieces of TFC Hades, any big underlying issues that I should know of besides the ones from the other thread and if I should just wait for a full combined reviews on YouTube?
>>
>>5821867
My Killbison had a flimsy combiner port. When I transformed him into leg mode and plugged him into Jallagur, the post stuck inside Jallagur's leg port when I took Killbison off. All the other combiner ports are fine so fine. It was a bitch to dig that thing out of the port but I got some JB weld and stuck it back onto Killbison. Now everything is fine. But I almost had a heart attack initially. Overall, I'm extremely happy with them. I have the first 4 limbs (Leozack, Jallagur, Hellbat, and Killbison). They look great together as a team and I can't wait to get a hold of Guyhawk and Drillhorn for the combined mode. He's a beast, too. Just as tall and beefy as TFC's Ares (Not-Predaking).
>>
>>5819576
Man I really feel this too. I have Cynicus and Anarchus but Im really not feeling like getting Tarn after how shit the finale was.
>>
Boldforms triple changing Megatron is actually looking pretty great, I'd kill for an undersized voyager KO
>>
>>5822185
>boldforms

hue
>>
>>5822185
>>
>>5822192
>>
>>5822192
>not a p-38

dropped
>>
>>5822185
>>5822192
>>5822195
That looks cool as hell, but >BoldForms
>>
>>5821669

The picture shows all, Anon.

He dead.
>>
>>5822192
>>5822195
>>5822185
This looks really good. I was waiting for an official new MP Scaled Megatron, but this may just have to do it for me. All 3 modes look really good. How in the world were they able to make a tank turn into a decent looking gun?
>>
>>5819313
Just realized, why does GORIRA have maximal symbols molded in?

Aren't the maximal/predacon symbols copyrighted?
>>
File: MUHPARTSFORMANS.jpg (203KB, 1600x1484px) Image search: [Google]
MUHPARTSFORMANS.jpg
203KB, 1600x1484px
>>5822340
>boldform

with shit tons of partsforming, that's how
>>
>>5822341
Yes, but Gorira's are more vague shaped without the features filled in. Perfect for reprolabels, but still able to skirt copyright.
>>
>>5822400
Are they? They look raised and defined on the gray protoype but then again, I am an idiot.
>>
>>5821793
Fuck you I'll play with my toys however I like you plastic Nazi.
>>
>>5822343
I certainly hope that's not the case. The only legit parts forming should be the fusion cannon. Other than that, I'll look elsewhere for my MP Megatron.
>>
>>5822516
I can already smell the partsforming from the prototype pictures.
>>
>>5822425
No eyes,no rathole a, no whiskers/sidefangs
>>
>>5822440
>it's not wrong if it's a choice
Sure.
>>
>>5822563
get dick kicked
>>
What are the chances that MMC will do another run of cynicus in normal colours? He seems to be sold out everywhere
>>
>>5822664
With the falling popularity of the DJD, probably not.
>>
File: VosTheFeeder.jpg (1MB, 1599x1053px) Image search: [Google]
VosTheFeeder.jpg
1MB, 1599x1053px
>>5822664

Well, he was their best selling figure until Feral Rex supposedly, popular enough he got 2 runs and a con exclusive. Just trawl eBay if you want the original color, the con color is still available in a lot of outlets.
>>
>>5822676
>he was their best selling figure until Feral Rex supposedly
Rex came out before cynicus.
>>
>>5822676
Cheers, seen the con colour scheme and it looks pretty cool but if I'm gonna get all the djd (rip) I'd like him to be in the comic colours
>>
File: VosSexyAsAMotherfucker.jpg (513KB, 733x981px) Image search: [Google]
VosSexyAsAMotherfucker.jpg
513KB, 733x981px
>>5822714

Good luck man.
>>
So with beast wars getting some love from Takara and now this new Optimal Optimus from 3p, do you guys think it's too much of a stretch for some UT designs to get new figures? I would throw my wallet at whoever makes a good looking Blurr or Megatron from Armada. Oh and updated Mini-Cons with good articulation would be stellar. Am I too much of a dreamer?
>>
>>5822192
I love that updated Walther - seriously incredible stuff. I just hope that stock can be detached somehow.
>>
>>5823124

It's possible. Maketoys are doing a Galaxy Force screamer while also doing a G1 screamer.
>>
File: 18317562.jpg (98KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
18317562.jpg
98KB, 400x400px
>>5822185
thank god this thing isn't dead in the water, I really want it to come out already (and not be a disaster)
>>
File: 1469678288487.png (621KB, 640x589px) Image search: [Google]
1469678288487.png
621KB, 640x589px
>>5822185

>Boldforms
>>
I'm thinking about making my first 3rd party purchase. I'm mainly looking at the legends/scout sized stuff. Specifically:
>IF City Commander
>DX9 Mightron
>DX9 Leah and Toufold
>DX9 Hulkie
>Maketoys Trashtalk and Cogwheel
>Maketoys Rearend
>Ocular Max Jaguar
I've got a budget of about $160 to work with, so I can only get a couple of these. What would you guys recommend? Feel free to suggest others as well.
>>
File: CirCxBQUUAA13ph.jpg (110KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CirCxBQUUAA13ph.jpg
110KB, 1024x768px
>>5823566
I actually made my first third party purchases not too long ago. I settled on IF Blizzard, Soul Reaper and Evil Lord. They haven't arrived yet, so I can't really say how good they are in hand, but damn do they look mighty fine in photos.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1469770098745.jpg (92KB, 1098x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1469770098745.jpg
92KB, 1098x720px
>>5823566
Iron factory won't dissapoint.
>>
>>5823566
>DX9 Leah and Toufold

Like the others say, IF is great stuff, and I'm liking how IF's Arcee looks moreso than DX9's version. IF's Windblade is fantastic, too.

I do have the DX9 Doom Patrol threepack, and they are a lot of fun.
>>
any suggestions for stuff in the vein of if windblade? i got their car trio and powered commander but they felt too fiddly and complicated compared to maiden. i also don't really go for the gun pods; i see what they do but i don't really like having too many accessories.
>>
>>5823614
Evil Lord's robot mode looks nice, but I just can't get past the ramp pieces not having anywhere to go in tank/plane mode. I'm considering Soul Reaper, but I'm waiting on english reviews to start popping up first.
>>5823636
How are the NotDatsun Brothers? The robot modes look nice, but the partsforming shoulders are a little off-putting.
>>5823639
IF's Arcee does look better and is a definite buy, but I'm a sucker for Kup and wouldn't mind having two tiny Arcees.
>>
>>5823566

DX9 Might has a slidey shoulder issue, unless they fixed it. And Ocular Max Jaguar is a bit weird seeing as he's essentially two halves that sandwich together, look at some reviews on him.
>>
>>5823694
From the reviews I've seen, Mightron still has the slidey shoulder. Would it be possible to use some floor polish to keep the shoulder in a bit tighter? I know about the weirdness with Jaguar, but I kind of like it. The way his neck and shoulders twist looks rather neat to me. It seems like kind of a natural movement, almost like a real cat. My only hang up is how bland the tape mode looks. I could buy the reprolabels, but I don't want to mess up that gorgeous beast mode.
>>
>>5823566

I'd say throw out Hulkie for now since that eats your budget.

You can get three of the other things on your list for around that price.
>>
>>5823724
>Would it be possible to use some floor polish to keep the shoulder in a bit tighter?

No idea, I don't own him. Been waiting to see if the Gen. Toy Legends Megs that IF designed gets sold apart from that hideous fucking Devy set, since then I can compare reviews on the 2 and get whichever ended up better.
>>
File: x2.jpg (57KB, 445x455px) Image search: [Google]
x2.jpg
57KB, 445x455px
X2 toys throwing into the legends ring. They have insecticons and a MTMTE rewind that are half the size of TR Chromedome. Shaft is also still around. Apparently they're also doing replacement headmasters with some articulation and better headsculpts. I can't make out the other guy on the top left though.
>>
>>5820249
>>5820250
I know it's not for everybody but I legit love the shoulder kibble here and I loved it on their Mixmaster. It just gave this really neat flair to their silhouette and didn't actually get in the way of articulation as much as you'd expect.

>>5820255
That black cab on the back is a little weird though. I'm guessing that's where Devestator's head comes out of and it'll be detachable just like the forearm pieces that turned into generator trailers. If that's the case, then I like that they're continuing with that trend of being able to transform these guys into all three modes and never having to remove the Devestator parts but giving you the option to if you want and making them transform into some sort of functional object instead of just being extraneous parts when not combined. It doesn't actually look great in all cases but the fact that it's there deserves some respect and appreciation when so many other companies just don't even try.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-29-12-47-40.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-29-12-47-40.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>5823876
3rd party legends wars is something I get behind.

Pic related looks pretty cool, but not $40 for 2 cool. Maybe they'll end up on clearance.
>>
File: trailhoister.jpg (69KB, 1029x683px) Image search: [Google]
trailhoister.jpg
69KB, 1029x683px
lol now we have a three way in the Hoistbreaker wars as badcube steps into the ring with Toyworld and Ocular Max.
>>
File: meggs.jpg (47KB, 743x960px) Image search: [Google]
meggs.jpg
47KB, 743x960px
So thanks to Chosen Prime:

>This is a kit you have to build
>you can preorder it separately now
>if you bought all 6 of the GT Constructicons you get it free from your retailer
>A clear version comes with the first run of not Hook.

Hopefully that makes everyone happy.
>>
>>5824691
So I guess this means Takara's next MP after Grapple/Inferno is Trailcutter/Hoist.
>>
>>5824695

I hope enough of the details are pre-painted. Probably reasonable to expect expect a voyager sized KO a la Warbotron's Grimlock.
>>
File: but pram.jpg (243KB, 1024x1333px) Image search: [Google]
but pram.jpg
243KB, 1024x1333px
>>5824691
I don't think TW is on anyone's radar. Gotta say though I'm torn between them and MMC. Guess it'll come done to reviews.
>>
>>5819959
>a face for a character in a body for one episode
>a whole waste of time and money if it doesn't happen

Nobody gives a shit about Optimal Megatron.
>>
>>5820701
>Regeneration 1 was great

>laughingmeme.jpg
>>
File: Rex.jpg (24KB, 640x446px) Image search: [Google]
Rex.jpg
24KB, 640x446px
>>5824695
Was he also designed by IF ?
>>
>>5824695
Sweet. I'm alright with him being a kit at least.
>>
>>5819313

Why do I want a variant Megatron head on it? I know it's wrong of me to want that. But that would make me want it more if it came with that.
>>
>>5823876
> that goddamn wall.

They're never gonna release it. Just left behind in preorder hell.
>>
>>5824695
>kit

For fucks sake. Can GT do ANYTHING right?
>>
>>5825323
Yeah, I didn't even know TW had one coming until I saw this post.

Also I hopped on the preorder for BadCube because I liked their Warpath. Didn't dawn on me that this was separate from the MMC version i saw earlier. But still, Warpath was pretty good, and A Decepticon In King Arthur's Court is a favorite, so fuck waiting for Takara to do Hoist.
>>
>>5825323
damn those vehicles look sweet. reminds me of the die cast stuff I used to play with as a kid
>>
There a faceberg video on Action Robo's page with some guy taking an hour to dick around with MT's Striker Convoy. It's extremely comparable to the size of Classics Prime in vehicle mode and a little taller in Robot mode. Plus it doesn't look like a clusterfuck to transform.

>>5825785

Both these guys and Ocular Max really hit a home run on the vehicle modes. If I were to get either it would be a hard choice, but I think I'm stepping out of the MP game with a few exceptions.
>>
File: compare.jpg (604KB, 1350x1250px) Image search: [Google]
compare.jpg
604KB, 1350x1250px
>>
>>5825796
>no alternate toy head
>>
>>5825794
The video pushed me into PO him. Bring on Megs MT!
>>
File: 1469546990072.jpg (63KB, 640x645px) Image search: [Google]
1469546990072.jpg
63KB, 640x645px
>>5819313
ITS
BEAUTIFUL
>>
>>5825794

He looks a bit floppy. Dunno how he's going to turn out honestly.
>>
File: 2016-03-05 17.04.12.jpg (788KB, 1200x1560px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-05 17.04.12.jpg
788KB, 1200x1560px
>>5823876
I'm a bit worried with X2 Toys

I bought their CW Megatron upgrade kit and absolutely loved it, but 5 months and minimal transformations later, all the upgrade parts havecracked and broken beyond the help of any gorilla glue or plastic cement.

I am honestly pretty broken up about it, I REALLY liked how the upgrade kit made the toy look, and the X2 Toys upgrade can't be found anywhere anymore, just DX9's kit.
>>
>>5826294
Did anyone ever get the MTMTE-inspired head for Megatron here?

I get that Shapeways has a reputation for their customs coming across as very grainy and having a rough texture, but this does look interesting.
>>
>>5825353
My interest in Optimal Optimus starts and ends with Beast Machines.
>>
Hey guys, I'm in here quite often and am pretty up-to-date on third-party news, but I was wondering if there's a Bruticus in the works at all (barring the possible Iron Factory one)?
>>
>>5825846
I think MMC is going to include one.
>>
>>5820402
>>5820391

Maketoys wins
>>
>>5827039
holy shit. I was half-expecting his back-side to be loaded with dangling kibble. That settles it, this is my MP megs. When does he come out? any dates yet?
>>
>>5827039

Who gives a shit what the back looks like, are you going to be staring at his ass all day? No?

Show me the fucking transformation, show me one that is not complete shit like Apolloyon or the old MP, and then we'll talk.
>>
>>5827039

I have no interest in owning a realistic-looking handgun, but is still really impressive.
>>
File: DespotronGun.jpg (94KB, 1645x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DespotronGun.jpg
94KB, 1645x1200px
>>5827048
it really doesn't look that realistic to be honest.
>>
>>5827039
>>5827048
>>5827052
I'm looking forward to this guy for sure.
>>
>>5827044
>are you going to be staring at his ass all day?
With waist skirting like this >>5827039, yes, yes I will.
>>
>>5827039
>>5827048
>>5827052
inb4 honking ass orange tip
>>
>>5827214

Nah, China doesn't give a shit about US gun laws, all they'll do is insert a plug at some retailers.
>>
>>5827214
>>5827251
Just put it upside down and call it a submarine mode.

>>5825435
>>5824695

I might need to get that Megs,

The Dx9 legend one disappointed me in his reviews for the price they wanted
>>
>>5827380
>The Dx9 legend one disappointed me in his reviews for the price they wanted

Legends 3P figures generally go for $20-60 from what I've seen. His only real issue was maybe the feet being too tight on some (causing ball joint breakage), and the slidey left arm (design issue).

His pistol transformation is genius though, and if you can do THAT with a Legends theres no fucking excuse for larger sized Megs to have such shit transformations.
>>
File: DSC09946 (Large).jpg (206KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC09946 (Large).jpg
206KB, 1440x1080px
>>5827380
I love Iron Factory, Working dressing up that DOTM Arc play set as a Decepticon base. Surprising How well it works with Legend scaled figures when it was built for the smaller Cyberverse figures
>>
File: DSC09762 (Large).jpg (222KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC09762 (Large).jpg
222KB, 1440x1080px
>>5827400
> His only real issue was maybe the feet being too tight on some (causing ball joint breakage), and the slidey left arm (design issue).

The arm not locking would bugged me to much, but that being said What Dx9 did that with a Legends scale figure the MP version should be great.
>>
File: ceb62630gw1f6cevs72l9j20zk0qo45s.jpg (258KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ceb62630gw1f6cevs72l9j20zk0qo45s.jpg
258KB, 1024x768px
Who else is excited to get their waifu in the next few weeks?
>>
>>5827527
I'm more excited for the MP scale one from Toyworld. Not to say this iron factory isn't awesome, it is.
>>
>>5827527
Oh wow, I wasn't expecting her that soon.
>>
File: image.jpg (285KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
285KB, 1200x1600px
What are people's thoughts on mmc kultur's eyes? They're just black when Tarn's are very red. Is it just because they haven't molded the face underneath on the proto yet? There was that other pic showing him holding the mask and the eyes are blurry and red in the background
>>
>>5827809

No idea. We'll find out whenever MMC gets around to releasing him.
>>
>>5827809
He has a swapable head gimmick. One of his heads has LEDs.
>>
>>5827809

>His face is the Decipticon symbol

I don't care what the context is but that's fucking stupid.
>>
>>5827828
He's a try hard, not even kidding.
>>
>>5827828
Soundwave had one.
>>
>>5827833

Is his name Evil McBadguy?
>>
>>5827828
It bugs me too, because Roberts probably thought it was so clever, but completely missed that Soundwave's head is the Decepticon logo already. But he's not a toy collector, so I feel like he loses a lot of context of the franchise. This is the same guy who had no idea Ultra Magnus has a white Optimus inside him.
>>
>>5827838
>Roberts
It was most likely Alex. He was the one who designed the DJD, barring some things like what they transformed to (Vos I know was Robert's idea)?
>>
>>5827836
His codename is a a Decepticon-occupied city in multiple continuities so yeah
>>
File: 1462989085189.jpg (234KB, 588x800px) Image search: [Google]
1462989085189.jpg
234KB, 588x800px
I understand that this is some Overlord inspired design but what's the source material here? Is it just MMC's take or is it a comic design?
>>
File: OverlordLoevGenocide.jpg (111KB, 629x606px) Image search: [Google]
OverlordLoevGenocide.jpg
111KB, 629x606px
>>5827850

MMC's take on IDW, just like all of the Reformatted line so far.
>>
File: overlord.jpg (78KB, 640x257px) Image search: [Google]
overlord.jpg
78KB, 640x257px
>>5827850
Based on LSOTW, with some greebles here and there.

I recommend reading the series. It's only like 5-6 issues and it's pretty enjoyable.
>>
File: OverlordGonnaGitYou.png (641KB, 1148x743px) Image search: [Google]
OverlordGonnaGitYou.png
641KB, 1148x743px
>>5827856

Seconded. The IDW comics as a whole are pretty damn good more often than not.
>>
File: OItnWGv.jpg (42KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
OItnWGv.jpg
42KB, 480x270px
>>5827853
>>
File: OverlordExploitable.jpg (164KB, 707x709px) Image search: [Google]
OverlordExploitable.jpg
164KB, 707x709px
>>5827859

He's still one of the best characters, edgelord or not.
>>
>>5827859
He's too fabulous to be edgy.
>>
>>5827853
>>5827856
>>5827858
>tfw a little human girl was the one who mentally broke him.
>>
File: 1463574931220.png (161KB, 550x575px) Image search: [Google]
1463574931220.png
161KB, 550x575px
>>5827859
Nah, he's pretty silly when you think about it.
>>
>>5827872

TF's in general seem to lose their shit when organics fuck with them. They just seem to really hate getting messed with by organics.
>>
>>5827876
Do you have the other comic that was a lot like this one? It ended with Tarn shitposting about Overlord on /news/.
>>
File: avze4Ps1riho5ro.png (176KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
avze4Ps1riho5ro.png
176KB, 500x458px
>>5827890
I don't, sadly. /r/ing that one as well, I guess.
>>
>>5827828
It's definitely silly, but I really dig it for some reason. It's like a over-the-top Nazi character with a big swastika tattooed on his forehead.
>>
>>5827899
Superior German Engineering doesn't have that...
>>
File: MMC trailbreaker.jpg (52KB, 708x960px) Image search: [Google]
MMC trailbreaker.jpg
52KB, 708x960px
>>
So I'll be getting a Commotus soon. Anyone do any extra blue panel lining for him? If so, what did you use? pics?
>>
ooookay fellas we're getting into /pol/ territory here. Lets dial it back eh?
>>
>DX9 Megatron on the way
>FT Galvatron too
>GT Long Haul and Hook have just finished production

H Y P E
>>
/pol/-fags and moralfags fuck off this is a toy thread you dumb niggers
>>
>Just put guardia together
>Can't hold his guns well
>foot ball joints are way too loose for him to properly stand and have to rely on the leg bots to stop him from tipping over
>chest won't peg in due to shitty design oversight
>arm ratchets aren't near the level of tightness of quantron

Looks like I got to do some fixing up again. Thankfully it just looks like floorpolish and some peg scraping but I expected better.
>>
>>5828072
>not anytime soon
WHY
everyone's gonna forget about Victory soon
unless we're getting Brainmaster gimmick in future Titans Return waves
>>
>>5828072
Desuzarasu when
>>
>That GT Stealth Bomber megs

GG my wallet.
>>
File: moshi moshi.jpg (14KB, 317x237px) Image search: [Google]
moshi moshi.jpg
14KB, 317x237px
>>5828075
This so much.
>>
>>5828074
I wish I kept a screenshot of it. It was from the interview that yuki had at cybertron con. Apparently they're concentrating on more mainstream things? They even talked about official MPs and how they aren't able to make them with their current tech, which is BS if you ask me.

They're just concentrating on what's going to make money vs obscure stuff.
>>
>>5828080
Official MP combiners *

Fuck me.
>>
>>5828080
didn't StarSaber make a gangbuster?
I remember reading it somewhere that it was the most popular and the fastest selling toy for the week of its release.
>>
>>5828083
Even if it did, Yuki said that Victory Leo is no longer in the works because the company wants them to concentrate on Titans return right now.
>>
>>5828085
huh so they're going all in on Titans Return?
no wonder the toys are so damn good
>>
>>5827809
Fuck I don't know what it is but that mask looks so off, it's like it's too wide or flat or I don't know what.

>>5827822
Calling bullshit unless you have proof.
>>
>>5828091
>it's like it's too wide or flat or I don't know what.
it's too flat
the mouthpiece needs to be sunk in so the face in general looks like a helmet
>>
>>5828091
It was in the previous /tfg/

Too lazy to go look for it.
>>
>>5828103
Thanks, I couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong but you nailed it.

>>5828107
There was talk about it already?
>>
>>5828112
Here you go, went and found the yuki interview cliff notes.

>>5824506
>>
>>5828118
You lost me, how does that relate to the MMC Kultur having lights in the eyes? Maybe I'm missing it (I am slightly buzzed at the moment).
>>
>>5828121
It's Yuki's interview, about victory Leo and a few other things.
>>
>>5828063
>maketoys
That's what you get for buying overpriced greebled shit when you could just as easily have gotten Combiner Wars + upgrades.
>>
>>5828125
That comment could also be directed to Deathsaurus. Do you also have the questions?
>>
>all these deletions

At least the mods are deleting shit they should be deleting for a change, rather than on topic shit.

And speaking of on topic, whats your favorite 3P figure so far? Only released shit you actually own counts.

For me, tie between all of Feral Rex or Hexatron.
>>
>>5828242
Backdraft. Yeah he has QC issues, but I love the design and the articulation.
>>
>>5828201

I did and didn't like it. I kept Rook though. He's cool.
>>
>>5828201
Why don't you just stay in your containment thread?
>>
>>5828266

But Anon, the entire board is a containment thread.
>>
>>5828242
I think my two favorites so far are MMC's Cynicus and IF's Evil Lord. Both have been more fun that I've had with a figure in a long time.
>>
>>5828242

No idea. I can't seem to pick a favorite. It always fluctuates. I have a soft spot for the Ninja insecticons and their remolds, Steelcore, Gcreations Bulldozer and Navvy, and Planet X Vulcan and Neptune. If I had to guess, my upcoming must haves are going to be Iron Factory Black Shadow, the new DJD guy, and MT Striker Manus.
>>
File: IMG_2769[1].jpg (404KB, 1801x826px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2769[1].jpg
404KB, 1801x826px
>>5828242
Easily Hexatron. Great articulation, I love the look, I love the ninja additions, transforms smoothly into all his modes. He's the first 3P figure I got, so My 3P collection is all his fault.
>>
>>5828201

>Buy shitty McDonalds toys for literal children and polish that turd right on up.
>>
>>5828242
PE Warden

The tank mode sucks but whatever it was clearly an afterthought and his actual alt mode is the head which is great.
>>
I'm always surprised about how beloved Hexatron is.
>>
>>5828366

Are you me, Anon? Mine started with Hexatron and the IF Overlord.

Now I'm 10-12 'bots deep and planning more.
>>
>>5828419

Probably because he's amazing. He's solid, colorful, good amount of detail, good articulation for something of that bulk and size.

He's pretty much what I consider the gold standard of 3P figures. I use him as the measuring stick that I judge all other figures by.
>>
>>5828242
Maketoys Blindfire
>>
>>5828419
>Surprised

Say what? Everyone jacks off to it and for a good reason. Its the benchmark for 3rd party toys now.
>>
>>5828419
Me too, but mostly just because it looks totally unappealing for what I like.
>>
>>5828462
I don't have IF Overlord yet. IF should do a threepack of the phase sixers when Sixshot is released, though. I do have their Windblade, and it's pretty great.

Most recent 3p purchase was Seraphicus Prominion. I'm probably going to hunt down the Feral Queen two-pack and call it quits on 3P for a while.
>>
>>5828520
Benchmark for idiots, yeah.
>>
>>5828063
Started transforming mine last night. Damn those bumpers are a pain. Even clipping off the excess tab. Accidentally broke a tab that plugs the bumper into the cab but came up with a fix that seems to be holding. Might try and ask BBTS for a new arm.
>>
File: transformable_tomas.jpg (121KB, 500x470px) Image search: [Google]
transformable_tomas.jpg
121KB, 500x470px
You know who really needs a 3P makeover?
>>
File: 1336336055745.jpg (21KB, 441x361px) Image search: [Google]
1336336055745.jpg
21KB, 441x361px
>>5828826
>third party Raiden with all the combiner kibble built in never
>>
File: 006k9cALgw1f6dgaz81yuj30rs0wigqp.jpg (193KB, 1000x1170px) Image search: [Google]
006k9cALgw1f6dgaz81yuj30rs0wigqp.jpg
193KB, 1000x1170px
>yfw the Optimal Optimus wars have begun
>>
>>5828911
Now, that looks like it stepped right out from the show, for better or worse.
>>
>>5828911
Why did they SD-ify his legs?
>>
>>5828911
Looking this company up, I'm pretty sure this is just 70% a KO of the existing figure, with some modified parts. They did the same for the Ultra Optimus Primal and BW II Moon. Its not bad, but why no articulated fingers? On the plus side, itll probably be fairly cheap.
>>
File: 006k9cALgw1f6dgb5bbjcj30rs0fcadb.jpg (127KB, 1000x552px) Image search: [Google]
006k9cALgw1f6dgb5bbjcj30rs0fcadb.jpg
127KB, 1000x552px
>>5828911

Interestingly it seems like it's exactly the same height of MP-32 Primal.
>>
>>5828911
Wow that looks baaaaaad. It looks like an exact copy of the official figure but with smaller legs. I don't cre how cheap this trash is, it's unacceptable.
>>
File: i hate traitors.png (301KB, 680x798px) Image search: [Google]
i hate traitors.png
301KB, 680x798px
>>5827892
>someone wants my picture
I'm so happy.
>>
>>5828911
Basically its the old toy but with retractable guns and better face

i just want Perfect Effect to make Primal Prime
>>
>>5829082
>Basically its the old toy but with retractable guns and better face

And a folding backpack, and new arm guards, and neck articulation for the gorilla, and ankle rockers. It seems like at least 50% of the figure is retooled if it's not an all-new mold.
>>
File: that just prime.gif (259KB, 320x216px) Image search: [Google]
that just prime.gif
259KB, 320x216px
>>5828911
>>
>>5828972
You and I have very different definitions of height.
>>
>>5828911

Finally someone that can sculpt the Optimus-style helmet visor correctly, not even the Masterpiece gets it right.

>>5829082
>Basically its the old toy but with retractable guns and better face

That automatically makes it closer to the show looks than the one in the OP, the Optimal Optimus 3D model was pretty much like the toy.
>>
>>5828911
>>5828972
Can we get a side-by-side compare of the two not!Optimal Optimi?
>>
>>5828911
Transart: What the original Optimal Optimus toy should have been
Perfect Effect: Optimal Optimus with anime proportions
>>
>>5828419
>>5828563
I agree. A character like sixshot deserves a more faithful toy. Thank god for TR Sixshot
>>
File: MP 10 and MP Primal.jpg (522KB, 1104x875px) Image search: [Google]
MP 10 and MP Primal.jpg
522KB, 1104x875px
>>5829119

I'm not counting the extra height of the shoulders
>>
>>5829206
Oh, you said PrimAL. My mistake.
>>
>>5825796
Ocular Max looks better, though in the shots the stores put up for preorders, the thighs are gray, hopefully because it's just a early version
>>
>>5827052
God damn, that looks awful!
>>
>>5828972
he should be larger than primal.
>>
>>5828911
This looks way too much like the original toy (which I already have). As a matter of fact, it looks even more ape like.

I think I'll stick with the PE Optimal Op. The Anime proportion look really good. Hopefully they fix his ape head by release...but it's not really a deal breaker since he'll probably stay in Botmode forever anyway.
>>
>>5829324
honestly I dont see why people complain about PE's gorilla head. literally everyone hates Optimal's beast mode, and it only showed up once or twice in the cartoon
>>
>>5829047
YES.
Thank you, anon.
>>
File: hoook.jpg (725KB, 1024x1932px) Image search: [Google]
hoook.jpg
725KB, 1024x1932px
I really like how this came out. The hook over the head looks like weaponized kibble or a third arm useful for builders. Normally I hate shit like this so I'm confused.
>>
File: lunghual.jpg (513KB, 1024x1359px) Image search: [Google]
lunghual.jpg
513KB, 1024x1359px
And Dumptruck suffers in his vehicle mode due to the bed being taken up by the robot pelvis which is a new transformation scheme for any Long Haul I've seen, but I like the pay off in robot mode.
>>
File: combi2.jpg (511KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
combi2.jpg
511KB, 1024x1365px
>>5829415

The long Haul tires in combined mode do a great job filling out the torso so he doesn't look like a skinny fuck. The hips are wide enough to not look stupid either.
>>
>>5829415

The stupid little silver ladder on his grill looks terrible. I realize why it's there, but it ruins the chest/vehicle front.
>>
>>5828972
Were his feet always that stubby?
>>
>>5829422
Really? I think it looks great and adds some interesting asymmetry to it. I'm getting a little bored of straight up grill chests and the ladder gives it a little more visual flair.
>>
>>5829439

I honestly just prefer a straight up grill chest. I think it looks more cohesive, especially since Longhaul is supposed to be a regular truck and not the ultra giant thing in the webm here >>5829422

But this one is clearly more based on the superhuge hauling truck.
>>
>>5829420

This thing, aesthetically, is the best devastator I have ever seen.
>>
>>5829420

I really appreciate Hook's crane bending flush against his back for shelf conservation.
>>
New thread >>5829726
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.