[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im going to japan soon, and want to know what toy places are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: mandarake.jpg (112KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
mandarake.jpg
112KB, 550x367px
im going to japan soon, and want to know what toy places are in tokyo that i should go to. i know mandarake is a must see, any others?
>>
>>5818431
Akihabara and Nakano Broadway are both the best places to buy toys. You could nitpick and point out other random places but these two have all beat in regards to supply and prices.
>>
>>5818431
Besides toys you should go checkout some of their maid cafe , and maybe one of those akb stage shows
>>
>>5818431
check out the Pokemon Center if you like Pokemon. Cool store
>>
>>5818431

Book more than ONE day for akihabara.
>>
>>5818431
I was in Tokyo for two weeks a few months back. Out of my fourteen days there, I made three trips to Akiba and two to Nakano Broadway.

Definitely preferred Nakano Broadway; less tourist-y, older merchandise, tons of secondhand stuff and best of all it's indoors. However the rental showcase stores, Mandarake, and Amiami's new physical location are all worth checking out in Akiba. I got figma Casca for 3k yen, and Revoltech Asuka for 1.5k. Their prices are great for brand new items.
>>
>>5818777
Why? You can see everything in one day
>>
>>5818777
This, we wound up going back to akiba pretty much whenever we had spare or unplanned time.

Arcades, good food, yodobashi camera and sofmap, there's just a lot to do there. I still didn't see everything.

The bacon and mayo taiyaki gundams from the gundam cafe are awesome.

Trader and Super Potato are the best places for games.

If you like Ramen, hit up Ippudo Ginza in Tokyo, it's fantastic.

If you are in to gundam any, or arcades, head down to odaiba some time. That's where the livesize gundam statue is, and the gundam front tokyo store/museum thing is on the top floor of that mall, with a huge round 1 arcade right below it.
>>
File: 1381035593399.png (41KB, 489x479px) Image search: [Google]
1381035593399.png
41KB, 489x479px
>>5818431
>its another "anon going to japan and wants to know what stores to go to" episode
>>
>>5818810
Akihabara is literally a dungeon crawl of shops with obscure underground shops hidden away.
>>
>more gaijin in akiba

Gross.
>>
>>5819128
>its another "anon complains about absolutely nothing on /toy/" episode
>>
>>5818431
No idea, but watch out for customs fees. I think the work around is to ship out your items in smaller packages of less expensive stuff (one box is $50, another $70, etc., whatever the max price is).
>>
>>5819128
Sounds like somebody is a little jealous :^)
>>
>>5819472
This really depends on where he's coming back through.

I came back through lax with about 2 grand worth of goods in my bag and we never even got checked by customs, and if we did, nothing had price tags and it was all toys and shit they wouldn't know the value of.
>>
>>5819146
Um, not really
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.