[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nippon toys vs American

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Japan vs Murica.jpg (112KB, 548x330px) Image search: [Google]
Japan vs Murica.jpg
112KB, 548x330px
Why are Jap figures and dolls so much better looking and cuter than Murican shit? Seriously, if I had this cute-ass shit like Nendos and BJDs back when I was growing up I would've never grown out of toys!

Americans just suck at design, how on earth could anyone with taste find shit like Barbies and Funko POPs visually appealing? Why do Muricans and normies eat up this crap?
>>
Dude, that Barbie on the left costs how much?
30$?
The BJD on the right is a nicely customized Volks which costs several hundred dollars, was hand-painted and probably wears eyes that cost more than the Barbie itself.

Left one is supposed to be a true toy.
It's supposed to be handled by children, played with, withstand some rough handling, needs to be easily mass-produced and so on.
On the right you have a hand made resin doll in 1/3, fully customized and made by one of the more expensive BJD companies, for adult collectors.
Two totally different things.

At least pick a similar fashion doll from Japan and not some high-end, huge, fully customizable doll.
>>
>>5818102
adding:

You are an adult collector.
How many of the things you collect from japanese toy companies (like Nendos, Figmas and co.) are supposed to be for children?
I doubt a Figma is a regular action figure for a six year old in Japan.

Most of the popular Western toys are made for children though, why do people still expect these toys to be close in quality to adult collectables?
>>
>>5818102
Fail, cause Licca-chan dolls which are the equivalent to Barbies over in Japan STILL look much better and cuter, sorry but its time to face facts: Muricans suck at design.
>>
>>5818108
Not them, but I don't see what's so special about those dolls. You also have to realize that western and eastern interests aren't necessarily the same.

Seems like you can't tell the difference between opinion/preference and facts
>>
>>5818108
That's just your taste though.
I personally think both Barbie and Licca look really bland and cheap, now what?
>>
>>5818113

To be fair, American toy companies have been shit at making really cute stuff for decades. They usually end up with a "seen some shit" derp eyed uncanny valley expression. I have a passing interest in stuff like Littlest Pet Shop, Strawberry Shortcake etc and the last decade has generated some creepy shit toys.

Japan on the other hand perfected kawaii 2 decades ago with Hello Kitty, and has been churning well made, kawaii as fuck mascots out the door since.

And OP is retarded comparing those 2. America gets decent enough Ben10, CN and Power Rangers, but Japan has to live with Sofubi garbage.
>>
File: B2KuIY7IUAAVs84.png (77KB, 600x375px)
B2KuIY7IUAAVs84.png
77KB, 600x375px
Y'all niggers know that you're in a troll thread, right? This is just some summer kid trying to rustle some jimmies with a stupid argument.

OP tried stirring up shit in the fashion doll general, as seen here: >>5815371 But he got nowhere. Now he's trying to attention whore in the face the general /toy/ populace with this thread. Just call OP a retard, sage, hide, and move on on.

BTW, you are a retard, OP.
>>
>>5818113
>You also have to realize that western and eastern interests aren't necessarily the same.

Yes and that's the fact that western judgement over what's cute is shit! They wouldn't know cute if it hit them over the head with a hammer as this anon here >>5818123
sufficiently explained.

Which is a shame cause the West used to actually be really good at doll making, during the Victorian Era some of those classic Porcelain Dolls are breathtaking and adorable, then it all went to shit during the rise of Barbie.
>>
File: liccavsbarbie.jpg (131KB, 362x500px)
liccavsbarbie.jpg
131KB, 362x500px
> licca better than barbie

lol maybe if you like a featureless potato faced midget with noodle arms. she's just as cheap as barbie quality wise, if not cheaper.
>>
>>5818084
>>
>>5818151

You clearly don't know what subjectivity is anon. Your opinion is not more right than anyone else's. Sage because it's not really worth talking to you, you'll never grow up.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.