[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BJD/Doll Thread: Forever Broke Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 76

File: 26353899511_7c2be9330e_o.png (466KB, 470x705px) Image search: [Google]
26353899511_7c2be9330e_o.png
466KB, 470x705px
Last thread: >>5786174

FAQs:
/toy/ - bjd.buyfags.moe
/jp/ - dollfaq.buyfags.moe

Doll news and company list:
>bjdcollecstasy.com
>bjdcollectasy.com/companies-other-links/

WIP Database/Height comparison:
>dollection.fi

Doll magazine scans (patterns!):
>plus.google.com/112174196208952755265/photos

Common sealants for faceups (there are more, but these are most frequently used):
>Mr. Super Clear Flat/Matte (UV-cut is preferred)
>Testor’s Dullcote (tends to get dirty easily)
>Citadel Purity Seal
>Zoukeimura Finishing Powder (it’s a spray by Volks)
>Liquitex Matte Medium (airbrush)

The general population of /bjd/ are anti-recast or are pretty much neutral on the subject.
Stop beating the dead horse every thread by asking.
>>
File: 22301925038_74f36ca568_o.jpg (356KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
22301925038_74f36ca568_o.jpg
356KB, 600x840px
Not the same OP as usual, but it was time for a new thread.

Recap last thread:
>Furry dolls are happening

>Thunderstorm beards and crazy customers
And how face-up artist anon should totally stop accepting commissions

>How to get into customizing, cheap places to buy junk dolls (Mandarake and co. can be your friend)

>Elfgutz admitted on being a troll, one anon still tried to defend them

>Learn to use Flickr to find nice BJD pictures

>Yes, we still are mostly against recasts
>No, there is still no reason why someone totally needs one
>Please stop asking every thread

>Current trends in the hobby
Milk beard, glitter uke-boys with bruises and cuts, same shit as every year

>Sailor Moon dude has some serious skill
More pictures are appreciated
>>
I added the Collectasy link for the list of companies too.

For anyone who's interested in a legit doll and still not good at spotting bootlegs, use that link first and have a look.
We don't mind answering questions, but do some basic research first.
>>
>>5809993
> faceup anon
> was just asked again about commissions yesterday

i'm going to pretend i didnt see it.
>>
>>5810013
Take it from someone who was in the same boat: the requests stop as soon as people realize you stop being a pushover.
Don't underestimate how much people talk to each other, if you are closed and still accept commissions people will realize that quickly and never stop pestering you.
If it worked for person A why shouldn't it work for them?
>>
Whoops, didn't notice the new thread.

Can I ask a dollhouse question here? What's the best order to do things?

Assemble > Stain > Finish
Stain > Assemble > Finish
Stain > Finish > Assemble
>>
>>5810071
I never made a doll house, but I personally would probably prepare, stain and finish all pieces BEFORE I'd put it together.
This also includes adding wallpapers and floors.

I can only imagine that doing it last makes things difficult.
However, there is a risk of damaging already finished parts while assembling....hmm.
On another sidenote
> find perfect sculpt for re-shelling the character of her old DS Hound
> it's a fucking Iple SID
> Iple hybrids are near impossible
Fuck Iple and their huge necks
>>
>>5810004
That link is good to include from now on. I find it hard to believe that people just 'buy a doll' at even recast prices without doing a lick of research or joining a doll group online somewhere so the 'oops, I bought a recast, don't hate' is BS in most cases.
>>
>>5810162
Thanks, thought the same.

And I agree, no matter if it's a doll or something totally else, you should always do your research before buying something expensive
Makes me think people have too much money, else I don't get why they just piss hundreds down the drain without doing five minutes of basic research before.
It's not like a recast costs 20$.
>>
>>5810018
people who are asking aren't connected. i think its just the fact i've posted some stuff i've been working on recently on my flickr. people see any kind of activity at all and they ask about commissions.
>>
>>5810206
Ooh, are you the anon with the really cute Venitu? If you are, I really love your stuff (Hope I'm not mistaking you, I'm not one to pop into these threads very often.)
>>
>>5810206
I have a friend who often gets face-ups from artists who are actually not taking commissions (she's pretty popular, so they usually agree on working with her).
Guess what happens when she makes a post that she got back one of her heads from such an artist?
Random people write her and ask her how she got a face-up when the artist is closed.
She says she simply asked them, and of course the people then flock to said artist and ask him too.

They really don't need to be connected, but as soon as they see any kind of activity from your side that hints at you painting dolls for others they will contact you.
Especially when it's getting obvious that you tend to say yes a little too often.
>>
>>5809967
No WIP etsy shop directory?
I'm disappoint, OP
>>
File: 005.jpg (463KB, 950x662px)
005.jpg
463KB, 950x662px
>>5810239
yes that's me, thanks for liking him anon! here he is looking macho as fuck next to my other guys

>>5810269
yeah i guess that makes sense. what sparked the new questions was because i did a faceup enhancement on a DD for a repeat customer and so now a DD owner is asking about me doing DD faceups.
>>
>>5810272
Sorry, last time I checked there were only seven links on the list (one of them being MonstroDesign, someone who's known for taking a shitton of time to send out her stuff....not to mention the whole "making a Kickstarter so people can give her money for recasts" thing).

It probably makes more sense to include when the list is a little bigger.

(Have to admit I stopped buying BJD stuff on etsy, because it's either a) the same simple MNF stuff over and over b) shitty quality or c) Taobao reseller who sell the good stuff for double the price)
>>
>>5810286
He reminds me of this sweet boy i had a crush on in highschool. He unfortunately died during our senior year.
>>
>>5810299
aw, that's sad anon. i'd have a crush on a guy that cute if i knew one irl. i based my venitu off the male model ryan taylor. look him up sometime he's super cute.
>>
>>5810307
>ryan taylor
The thirst is real.
He's pretty damn good looking
>>
File: venituryan.jpg (161KB, 864x749px) Image search: [Google]
venituryan.jpg
161KB, 864x749px
>>5810313
indeed. its also my personal crack pot theory that 5thmotif might have actually based venitu off of him somewhat. i put his progress sculpting pics side by side with ryan and come on, look at those eyebrows.
>>
>>5810322
welp. thats something i'll never be able to unsee.
also i think i need a venitu, you know, as long as i can find an artist to do him justice.
>>
>>5810286
I managed to snag a Venitu order in this last-ditch "STOP ASKING ME ALREADY" thing Mr. Cho is doing. Hope he looks half as nice as yours!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkSWAO1RpRo
I'm really disappointed Danny decided to stick with this weird grey-purple color for Harmony.
>first black vinyl doll and they make her ashy baka
>>
>>5811953
I'm too illiterate/stupid to find the sales page for that. Wish I had managed to snag one too.
>>
>>5813106
i think it was strictly through 5thmotif's facebook/email. he was originally going to sell 60, but then after the flood gates opened he basically went "dear fucking god what have i done!?" and cut it off early with just 16 more i think. he says he has a new job and doesn't have time for dolls anymore, so i doubt he'll ever release the mini girl doll he talked about, or even the last head for the venitu/goohwa body. i also think dollshe is giving him some serious shit and supposedly doesn't want to cast the extra hands he made, at least, thats the gist i'm getting from cho's posts.
>>
>>5812461
I wonder if the pigment is gonna change with age
>>
Is Fairyland ever going to bring back the littlefee baby? I don't ever see them on the second hand market. :(
>>
>>5813426
>5813426
I wish he'd just use Haru, but I think he and Dollshe have history together so he doesn't want to piss him off. It's a shame, really. Haru's services seem to decrease hassle for artists by a LOT, compared to the other options. Everyone has complained about the casting services they use, except for the ones who use Haru.
>>
>>5813715
This.
It would probably lower the prices too, because Dollshe is very strict AND expensive compared to other casting companies (incl. Haru).

From Cho's FB it actually seemed like he isn't even allowed to cast them somewhere else.
When people ask him he often said that he's not allowed to sell them anymore, which does make it seem a little that Dollshe has their hand in there.
Probably some exclusive contract?
>>
>>5809993
>normal OP here
You did good. I decided to leave my cave to catch small pixel monsters like millions of other losers.

>>5810004
Love it! Thanks!

>>5812461
I heard he's going to be a guest at Anime Matsuri in Houston. Thankfully he's a dude, so he probably won't have to suffer through the usual sexual harassment bullshit from AM's chair. However, if a shipment of his stock goes missing... lol
>http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/the-con-anime-matsuri-is-growing-and-so-is-the-list-of-people-unhappy-with-it-7764398
>>
>>5809967
Last thread we had some helpful faceup advice. Can we have a discussion on the toothiest MSC alternative? What do you think holds pastels the best?
>>
File: IMG-795122838.gif (2MB, 376x213px)
IMG-795122838.gif
2MB, 376x213px
>>5813739
AM is the biggest shit fest I have ever had the displeasure to attend. It's also kinda sad because is the only con in Texas that likes to bring guests from Japan so or actually include Japanese culture as the main focus, something most cons brush aside now days. I kinda don't care much about that to be honest but is nice because you get to learn new things or meet cool people, if only it wasn't run by a bunch of monkeys it would be a good con.
>>
>>5813739
Also if you wanna talk to Danny in AM you better have the money to buy something "exclusive" from the con or stalk him like a weirdo, because the AM staff is super anal with their guests, as in they don't let anyone approach them or interrupt their "busy" schedule even if the guest is okay with it. Then again Danny does speak English so maybe that bullshit won't happen with him unlike the clueless Japanese guests.
>>
>>5813739
Thanks, and I feel you.
Am still amazed I managed to not play today while taking doll pictures.

>>5813889
So far I had no alternative that was a) as toothy and b) gave you this nice blending with pastels.

Purity Seal is nowadays rubbish.
Their new cans are really bad, suddenly super cloudy looking on tan, as far as I remember Smaug wasn't happy with them either.
The Army Painter Matte Varnish is...okay, but you get zero blending with it and I disliked working on it.
Never got my hand on a can of Zoukeimura, and I yet have to try sealing via airbrush.
But I also very rarely have issues with MSC.

Some people use Mr. Color Topcoat, which is apparently very toothy...no clue how it behaves though, and the cans are very tiny too.
>>
>>5813739
I wonder if he is trying to attract a new crowd since the Lolita community blacklisted the con. Maybe now he is trying to get the doll people to join in, akon already kinda has it. Shitty reputation or not, if he can get a functioning mini-doll-con I'll be sold, akon doll con was just like a big meeting and had some VERY creepy people in it that the staff ignored even if they were obviously making people uncomfortable. I just hope that's what they are planning.
>>
File: 20160424_221514-01.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160424_221514-01.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>5813889
Liquitex and vallejo for me gives the best tooth. MSC feels like toothless rubber compared to those 2 and you can spray them inside or regardless of humidity. Unfortunately you do need an airbrush for these 2.
>>
How long do Unoaalchemy orders normally take to get to the US?
I've got my heart set on a Roron but I hate waiting months at a time for a doll.
>>
First time in one of these threads, what do you folks think about Thunderbolt Fantasy?
>>
>>5814807
>5788805
>5788793
>>
File: 343.jpg (97KB, 1042x328px)
343.jpg
97KB, 1042x328px
>>5814819
>>5814807
kthxbye troll
>>
>>5814699
i believe you get your doll at the end of the order period. i ordered mine i guess close to the end of one, and she shipped like 3 weeks after i ordered.
>>
>>5814807
Literally the third thread in a row where some chuckle fuck has asked. THEY'RE PUPPETS, THIS IS A DOLL THREAD.

I vote we put in the OP that they're puppets.
>>
>>5810286
Your Venitu looks great, but his eyes really bother me. The subtle, realistic faceup just doesn't work with the super saturated blue. I think a more realistic blue would really suit him better.
>>
>>5815484
maybe but personally i love his eyes. they're dollbakery and they're absolutely gorgeous in person, as well as most pics. they catch the light no matter what.
>>
>>5815484
I disagree, I like the eyes.
>>
>>5815696

I love his eyes too. Doll bakery eyes are fantastic. But I've always wanted a doll that would look perfect in Dollshe urethanes with their realistic textures. I bet he would look great in those too.
>>
>>5814699
It all depends on when you order, Anon. UnoAlchemy goes to Alchemic Labo's studio once a month to help them get all the dolls together, so it just depends on if you get lucky timing. The max it can take is only about 6 weeks though, so it's still not that long even if you're super unlucky.

UnoAlchemy is on hiatus at the moment though, since they're about to come to the USA with Alchemic Labo for BJDC. You can order again at the beginning of September.
>>
>>5813889
I like ZM spray best for pastels, but holy shit, does it fog up everything else for me. I don't use it for that reason. Everything comes out powdery for me with it, and forget tans.
>>
>>5815004
Yeah, I think we'll do that from now on too. It's garnering a lot of interest. They're cool-looking and all (most remind me of old LUTS sculpts or something, and the one kawaii uguu girl reminds me of DD Alna) but we don't really specialize in that stuff, even though it may overlap with our interests somewhat.

>>5815800
I have a pair just like those (I think) and they are a really awesome blue. Hopefully I'll get the eyes I ordered in March soon. I've already forgotten one of the colors I've ordered.
>>
>>5815869
really? maybe it depends on the climate, but ZM was way better with tans and colored resin for me than MSC. i was once trying to paint a head that was a fantasy red colored resin, and every time i sprayed MSC it clouded immediately so I had to wipe it off. so I switched to ZM and had no discoloration at all.
>>
>>5815898
What do you guys think of the BJD threads on /jp/?
>>>/jp/15558870
>>
>>5815898
>>5816204
Oops, sorry, didn't mean to link to your post. My bad.
>>
>>5816204

see:
>>5814824
>>
>>5816204
First time I checked their threads in a long time, there's just something off about them.

But I don't like the DD community itself at all (too much limiteds/not enough choices, too many guys copying each other because most of them have zero taste/creativity and only know what's good because popular japanese owner does the same, barely any full customizing, that weird doll fucking/'my daughter' thing), and since DDs are more popular there than BJDs it's hard to ignore.

But hey, they think we are weird too, so eh.
We all just collect big ass dolls.
>>
>>5816276
Well it is on /jp/, their dolls look more like anime.
But here, you have those weird lips.
Like very plump and exaggerated colors
>>
>>5816204
Many of our BJDs come from Korea or elsewhere. I haven't been on the /jp/ thread in a long time, so I don't know how they act when something not from Japan is introduced. /jp/ is also the place you can post lewd photos whereas /toy/ is worksafe.
>>
>>5816312
"those weird lips"?
There are several dozen BJD companies and artists who sell their heads.
I can easily pick you ten different lip shapes (if not more) just from one of my reference folders.
Not to mention how different artists can paint the same lip shape.

DDs have barely any lips, if they aren't completely painted on, so what's weird to you is probably that BJDs have sculpted lips at all.
>>
File: 0679.jpg (401KB, 979x653px)
0679.jpg
401KB, 979x653px
bump
>>
>>5818618
Office-chan needs a glass of wine after work
>>
how can I order from napidoll?
>>
>>5815878
Sigh. Image is my dream wig. If anyone knows where to get it I'd love you forever
>>
>>5818618
>those stockings

Hallelujah

But wasn't she going for a career change previously? I kind of want to see that, too.
>>
File: 01x1.jpg (525KB, 1060x2439px)
01x1.jpg
525KB, 1060x2439px
>>5819899
A Dream of Another Life in a Bygone Era
(戦国時代)
>>
File: 02x2.jpg (511KB, 1072x2534px)
02x2.jpg
511KB, 1072x2534px
2/3
>>
File: 03x3.jpg (1MB, 1011x3812px)
03x3.jpg
1MB, 1011x3812px
3/3

Requesting story board ideas.
>>
>>5820173
Office-chan tries out for a J-Period-Drama. Surprisingly gets call-back audition.
>>
>>5820173
She tries to become the office lady again, after feeling that she lost her way.
>>
File: 1469633726517.jpg (967KB, 1011x3812px) Image search: [Google]
1469633726517.jpg
967KB, 1011x3812px
>>5820173
I got you bruv
>>
File: 1469633601012.jpg (419KB, 1060x2439px) Image search: [Google]
1469633601012.jpg
419KB, 1060x2439px
>>5820169
jazzed up this one too
>>
>>5820173
this made my afternoon
>>
>>5820173

this is perfect

never stop what you're doing
>>
>>5820257
>>5820285

please stop, these aren't funny
>>
>>5810071
You always want to sand and prep first, and 99% of the time you're going to want to do the painting, staining, and papering before assembly. Trust me on this, it is way way easier especially if you're doing paper. If you assemble first you have to do some complicated measuring and end up with not exact fit. But if you glue the paper on first (use a good thick craft glue and spread it smooth and thin across the wood with a pallet knife or old bit of card) and let it dry, then simply use a craft knife to slice away the excess its so easy. Also I usually put the windows on right then too. Its easier to line them up and have them stay in place if you can glue them laying flat rather than on a vertical wall.
>>
>>5813547
Probably but its gonna take it a hella long time. Vinyl tends to be way more colorfast than resin so if you're hoping for it to mellow... it might, when your grandkids inherit it.
>>
>>5814036
What is with doll cons and willingly ignoring creeps and drama mongers? I remember going to one that had slight overlap with another event (quilting maybe? lots of older women with that general crafty look about em) and so there was mingling in the lobby. There was a lot of younger fujoshits camped out on all the couches and acting out (rather violent) gay sex with their dolls and laughing at the confused looks on the older women. There were also a lot of very rude ones snapping at the older ladies when they asked anything about the dolls. Like, if anyone is going to understand our dumb expensive toy hobby its going to be the women who spend hundreds of dollars on designer fabric and hours upon hours of their own time just to make a quilt that gets hung on the wall and never used.
>>
Where does everyone buy their tiny snaps and velcro?
>>
>>5820173
She really reminds me of DW6's Zhen Ji and makes me want to second the period drama idea.
>>
>>5819894
Wig is close to my dream wig but no cigar.
>>
>>5821351

>>What is JoAnn's Fabrics
>>
>>5821565
>What is 'not living in the US'
>>
File: DW zhenji.jpg (128KB, 1034x638px)
DW zhenji.jpg
128KB, 1034x638px
>>5821413
You might be on to something here
>>
File: 04x4.jpg (806KB, 916x4908px)
04x4.jpg
806KB, 916x4908px
okay so...

>>5820248
1) Office-chan wakes up from this awful nightmare on her couch and goes back to being Office lady.

>>5820179
>>5821413
2) Office-chan, either still in her dream or her acting rehearsal, wakes up tied up, has no idea wtf is going on, and now becomes a prisoner somewhere needing rescue.

or

3) ????
>>
>>5821565
Bitch i live in rural canada. all we have for fabric and crafts is fucking walmart.
>>
File: 12121214586.jpg (44KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
12121214586.jpg
44KB, 640x640px
>>5820285

Perfect
>>
>>5822056
just order from the internet then, like everyone else does when they need something that they cant get locally.
>>
>>5822034
4) Put it in.
>>
>>5822034
Office Chan lives a secret life fighting crime at night. Fights productivity loss by day at the office.
>>
>>5822157
Thats.. why i asked?
God you're a retard. I asked in this thread, because i would assume DOLL PEOPLE would know where the best place would be to get snaps and velcro to make DOLL CLOTHES.
>>
>>5822693
Velcro, you'll want to look for 'self adhesive fabric fastener" I think. Its thinner and is more like a fleece and short criscrossing barbs than the old hook and loop thicker velcro. Its also very easy to trim into small thin bits for doll sewing. Snaps, just look for sizing. "Snap fastener 3mm" or something like that. You should be able to find them in bulk.
>>
>>5822834
Also a reason you aren't getting the answers you're looking for is because there really isn't one great place to find them. I mostly order off Ebay or Amazon, could possibly get them even cheaper off Alibaba or Taobao. There may be a warehouse type online seller in your country that would save you money on shipping as well. Plus doll fasteners aren't made specifically for doll clothing so you just have to think of what size you actually need and go fuckin look for it.
>>
>>5822693

zipperthatdoll.com might do you, try not to be so mean even to the haters though, senapi
>>
>>5822693
Not the same anon, but Walmart actually does have some velcro and snaps you can use for clothing! I used to get some at JoAnns as well til they closed the store down a couple months ago. They might have some at a Michaels or AC Moores if you've got any of those near you.
>>
>>5822034
Office-chan wakes up kidnapped then saves herself with office based fighting style.
>files of fury
>>
>>5823947
Pick this one
>>
Are you able to customize smart dolls in the same way you can Volks? I want to do a mouth mod but I've been unable to find any body having modded a smart doll and have no idea if this would be any different. I dont want to invest money into a SD then find out I cant do what i want.
>>
>>5822034
Office-chan has actually traveled into the past. she uses modern organizational techniques to make the warlord who captured her way more efficient.
>>
>>5823978
You can mod anything, anon.
There's no reason why you can't do that with a Smartdoll, it's just so uncommon because lots of Smartdoll buyers are first-time doll owners.
They barely know how to put on a wig, you think they would carve a doll face?
>>
>>5823978
They're made from the same stuff DDs are, why not
Their vinyl might be harder but it's still vinyl
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px)
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Anyone have advice for where to go to buy doll related stuff in tokyo?

I've been to nakano and akihabara mandarake locations (still need to go to the , the harajuku volks store, and the closet child doll shop. I'm not just looking for dolls, I'm also looking for doll accessories like clothes and wigs, and books about making dolls and their accessories.
>>
>>5824324
Wow I fucked up that post. the end of those parentheses was supposed to say that I need to go to the other mandarake locations.

Also I found this map/list which has a lot of places I haven't been to on it. Does anyone know which ones are worth going to? Is there anything anyone knows of that's not on this list?

https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1rtM1nVPm1qf7QvFL9Vzqh1CYNAU&hl=en_US
>>
>>5822834
Adding that hooks and eye closures are size 0 and 00, while snaps are 1 & 2.
>>
>>5823991
She is a six-sigma green belt, uses this knowledge to make a functional central government in early China.
>>
>>5824324
look up 'BJD lonely planet'- it's a google maps that will be your guide.
>>
>>5821351
Most people buy those off ebay/aliexpress/etc.
>>
I'm the anon that ordered a unoa from Dollyteria/Closetchild last thread.
It's been a week since I got confirmation that it was in stock and paid everything, and they still haven't shipped. I emailed them but they haven't replied.
I've never ordered secondhand from Japan before, please console me /toy/ and tell me I'm just being a worrywart.
>>
>>5825267
I haven't ordered from Closetchild, but I would give it another week. I don't think there are any holidays going on now, but hang in there.
>>
>>5825267
They can be a little slow because they have to find someone to speak English. But I've always had good experiences with them.
>>
File: 1469848353945.jpg (64KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
1469848353945.jpg
64KB, 736x490px
Anyone here have a Makie or have heard of them? They look really cute sometimes and are really customizable, so I'm considering getting one.
>>
>>5813739
Is that fucking Norman Reedus?
>>
>>5809993
Who is that kawaii doll?
>>
>>5809993
>furry dolls are happening
This makes me wish Puppet Cat had true digitigrade legs. Too bad kemono BJDs are probably giga-never ever-tier.

Also, holy shit, what is this spider beauty's name and where can I see more pictures of her/maybe buy her?
>>
>>5827513
She's a Doll Chateau Elizabeth; you can buy her here:
http://www.doll-chateau.com/pro_detail.asp?id=359

Or through Mint on Card:
https://www.mintoncardinc.com/dolls/item_details.php?BJD=5380&name=Elizabeth&DOLL=YES

Or Denver Doll Emporium, if you don't mind their ungodly website and sometimes questionable customer service: http://www.denverdoll.com/dollchateaukid.php
>>
File: 7.jpg (28KB, 481x722px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
28KB, 481x722px
>>5827440
Indeed.
He belongs to this person:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bliznyashka

He looks pretty cool, I also follow her on Instagram...I think it's a little obnoxious though how she always tags the real Norman Reedus on the pictures (she posts a lot of pictures of that doll too).
Kinda miss her regular doll pictures.

>>5827443
Sorry anon, got that from some Flickr user I can't remember.
Bet it's a custom DDH-01 though, that's usually the case.
>>
>>5827578
>>5827443
Adding:
You are lucky anon, google reverse image search worked.
It's from Haze Jin (Kaleidoll) on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/1room/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/1room/albums/72157659931494700

It's indeed a modded DDH-01.
>>
>>5827578
i love her norman reedus doll pics, mostly because it seems like she doesn't take it too seriously and has taken a few silly ones. also because its so well done. good faceup, great hair, nice clothes and props.
>>
I'd like a doll with a heavier body type, maybe with a bit of a paunch or belly. Any suggestions?
>>
My PukiPuki likes to play dress up and I want her to be like any other "kid" her age.

Was thinking of getting her some dress up clothes?

Ykno like the cheapy Princess dresses and fairy outfits?

I found some cute ones that are Kelly Barbie's little sister.

Will the clothes and shoes fir my PukiPuki?
>>
File: image.png (591KB, 640x1136px)
image.png
591KB, 640x1136px
>>5827766

Oops forgot photo
>>
>>5827667
Pictures and doll look great, no doubt, still think it's creepy how she always tags him.
Dunno how I would like it if someone has jumped through all kind of hoops to own a realistic 1/3 doll of me to take tons of pictures of every day.
It's not some Funko Pop of Daryl Dixon.

And her own dolls had lots of character, which is the reason I followed her.
Now my feed is basically dozens of pictures of that Mini-Reedus, which at first was funny but gets dull quickly.

>>5827766
Except for some artist dolls (some not even released) you are pretty much out of luck when you want a doll with a belly or otherwise chubby look.
All you get with doll bodies is basically ripped dude for the men (with varying levels of beefiness) and hourglass models for the women.
Oh, and weirdly thin like Doll-Chateau.
It's actually really hard to get a less defined, normal, regular thin body too.
Am still trying to find one like that in 70cm.

Only other option is to get a kinda flat body and add on some weight via epoxy.
Afterwards sanding and airbrushing to match.
Might look weird though when the rest of the body doesn't match in weight.
>>
I can't find any photo results for this but how well do Minifee and Unoa resins match? I think I'd prefer white skin but normal skin is perfectly okay too. Looking to make a unoa head/minifee body hybrid. Any pics of such hybrids would be lovely too, thanks.

>>5828429
I know the old style of chubbier Kelly fit Pukipuki, but they changed the body a few years back so it might not anymore. Sorry anon.
>>5827766
They're by no means chubby but in comparison to others they have a thicker look, maybe chibi unoas?
>>
>>5828936
They need some blushing either way. Fresh skin needs to be blushed pinker and more saturated to match FL normal skin. Fairy skin needs to be blushed yellower to match white skin.

They are easily in blushable ranges, though. Not too hard to do.
>>
>>5827766
Some of Cerisedolls' new stuff has a bit of a belly.

There's also the Spiritdoll Dolce line (they're huge!) and Luts has a chubby kid line. Unoa chibis are also an option in that they're thicker, like Anon says.
>>
Fun fact: My American Girl furniture fits MSD dolls. I have a wheelchair for my minifee. His legs were a tiny bit long, but a small foam cushion was more than enough to fix the problem.
>>
>>5829510
No one cares, faggot.
>>
>>5830040
That's a little harsh.

>>5829510
AG does in fact fit MSDs, since they are both the same height, although AG proportions are different, so the furniture is wider.

My Twinn furniture fits SDs, but they went out of business recently. :(
>>
File: tumblr_o4cxxoc5iH1t38zhro1_1280.jpg (285KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4cxxoc5iH1t38zhro1_1280.jpg
285KB, 1280x850px
>>5827513
>Too bad kemono BJDs are probably giga-never ever-tier.
You can always hybrid a DearMine head on a potato Soom body with fantasy parts if you *really* want digitigrade. However, even that's got some limits.
DearMine bodies aren't that bad, but they're mostly human bodies with creature feet and hands. Seriously love my DearMine doll.

Someone a while back on tumblr was in the process of 3D modeling some dolls with digitirade legs, but I never saw a finished product.

>>5827766
What size are you looking for? I used to make fun of the old Customhouse Petit Ai for their keg bellies. But now that they're on LUTS bodies, it's not the same.

>>5828429
Yeah. All the clothes I had for my PukiPuki were Kelly clothes. They were a tiny bit loose, but looked fine.
>>
>>5830216
>>5830181
>>5829510

Why do you fags use normie shit for your dolls?
Just make stuff, its not that hard.
>>
>>5830537
not today, ベイトちゃん
>>
>tfw ordered a bunch of stuff to make my boy into the cutest trap
>>
>>5830537
because it's nice quality shit and I don't have the facilities for woodworking. if you want shitty ducktape and cardboard shit, that's cool, but not for me.
>>
DoA posted their new on-topic rules, adding more dolls to the on-topic list.
Think that's a good decision, glad to see the discussion worked out.

>>5830685
That's nice, honey
>>
Has anyone here tried dying a wig wig copic marker before? I'm interested in trying to create a split dyed look and wanted to know what the best method is.
>>
>>5830685
Don't forget to post pics.
>>
>>5831109
Idk, I feel like that's got a pretty high potential for staining. Tbh the best method would be making or commissioning a wig of your own if there aren't any of that combo.

It's not so much that wig making is hard, so much much a skill that requires practice and experience. If you're careful with your glue, take your time and really study to understand the effect you want (especially in regards to hair directions and parts) it's not technically difficult to make a passable wig for personal use. Mostly just a matter of choosing the right materials for your purposes and not cutting corners to rush yourself, a lot of attention to detail and making sure to keep things even.
>>
>>5831145
>if you try hard, practice a lot, and go through tons of expensive materials, you can technically make something good enough for yourself.

Congrats, that's the worst sales pitch I've ever heard.

And fuck you for suggesting glue. Unless that shit is for a tiny, take your bullshit and shove it up your half-assed.
>>
>>5831338
The majority of natural fiber wigs (like angora, alpaca and co.) are in fact glued.
I have a few by eclipse21 and Kagami for example.

And considering how many people do make alpaca wigs all of a sudden it definitely is easier than sewing or painting.
You can buy finished fibers, there are a few tutorials out there, the most tricky part is the parting/last steps on the wig...but else it's no rocket science.
Wouldn't try the first one on a tiny though.
Pukis and the like are annoying to properly customize and pimp out, barely any shops or artists work with them.
>>
>>5831109
Fiber wigs are like regular cosplay wigs and can be dyed with copics.
However, I would not do it, since there's a big risk of staining your doll.

Do you have a reference picture for what you'd like to get as a wig?
>>
>>5831109
Thirding, don't try to dye/stain a synthetic wig. It never fully absorbs and will leach into your doll eventually. If it were a special wig that they only wear for photos and does not touch their face or body anywhere then it might work but a strand of hair resting on their face long term may cause spots of color to show up.

I'd follow >>5831145's advice. Loose fiber/hard cap wigs really only take a little practice to make something pretty good looking. Its not even all that expensive. I'd suggest practicing with some craft glue and brushed out acrylic yarn (straighten it out with a flat iron on low and it handles very much like mohair). That's like, what, $5 if you buy two different colors to practice your split wig technique? Not exactly "tons of expensive materials". Hell I've got some really gorgeous synthetic angora yarn that I'm going to make a hardcap with later this week that cost $3 on sale. Do a few wigs that way, get your technique figured out, watch all the tutorials and shit. Its a little frustrating working with the glue at first but once you've done like two you've usually got the hang of it and just need to work on making it smooth and natural. Then you get your proper wig fibers and get to it.
>>
Did fairyland just stop selling hook hands for their minifees? how the fuck do i get new hands?
>>
>>5832451
RERERERECAAST!!!!!!!!! aww shit nigga
>>
>>5832562
UGH.
I'm not gonna be a recast faggot.
Are there any brands that sell hands compatible with b-line minifee males?
>>
>>5832565
its just the hands though...
>>
>>5832572
Ok, i'll bite. Where would you recommend going for them?
>>
>>5832451
You can sometimes be lucky and either get them second-hand or DDE has some in-stock.
Or write FL and ask them what's up with that.
They sometimes put things out of stock for a short time.

Or get him jointed hands? As far as I heard the Doll Legend ones should work.
Which skintone does he have?
>>
>>5832573
[email protected]

email Steven/Lou, tell them what number hand you want and what color.
>>
File: tumblr_o6v2ut8Wmq1rkh66xo3_1280.jpg (122KB, 716x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6v2ut8Wmq1rkh66xo3_1280.jpg
122KB, 716x1080px
>>5831025
Aw yeah. See? Suggestions help.

>>5832451
Damn, that's weird, but I'm not surprised. They have magnetic ankle balls, but not wrists. I would e-mail FL to see if you can purchase wrist parts compatible with your body. I'm looking at the measurements page and it doesn't have a line for wrist circumference on any of their MNFs, so this may be a wild goose chase idea.
>>
>>5832565
Tagging onto the hand discussion: if someone could get the littlefee magnetic wrists and hands, would they fit on a volks YoSD?
>>
>>5832613
I'm not sure as he's second hand, but he's yellowed a bit. Jointed hadns may be the perfect solution.

>>5832900
I'll shoot him a message, and see what his prices are.
>>
>>5833303
Hands should be $15/pair, including shipping
>>
>>5833358
I'll admit, that's pretty tempting.
He only came with one set of hands, and i like variety.
>>
Am i the only one who thinks the echo wigs drama has reached a certain level of insanity other dramas havent ever managed? Wtf is wrong with all these people. How hard is it to leave someone bad feedback if their product/service is bad? Why can nobody on either side provide proof that literally anything has happened? Why is the admin of tbc alowing this crazy train bullshit to go on so long?

Its the weirdest drama ive seen in a while and i dont even get it.
>>
>>5818618
I kind of deeply want to see her in a kawaii white dress like the girls in New Games ending
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of0G3io7KE8
>>
>>5834082
honestly i think most of it is just people seeing how much she sperged out and are submitting confessions just to see her spazz out more. the fact she thinks she can get a lawyer/police to do anything again the tumblr is laughable.

however i do feel that the admin might be in on it, probably a personal vendetta, otherwise they would have just banned anyone talking about her to clean up the page
>>
>>5834082
I'm tired of seeing the drama too, it's been taking up the truebjdconfessions page for way too long now.

Honestly, my guess is people are scared to call her out because they don't want to get threatened on getting sued for slander or something. I mean she's already trying to get a lawyer to sue to take down the page, at this point that wouldn't be that far of a stretch.
>>
>>5814045
this is so fucking cool, does anyone know what size doll/tank this is? I'm thinking of making a forest in a bubble for my msd elf
>>
>>5834312
MSD size, if I had to guess I'd say the bowl is probably about ten inches diameter. Probably equivalent to a 2 gallon?
>>
>>5816325
They regularly have items made in Taiwan, China, and Korea discussed and used. Most /jp/ posters seem to use "anime" style faces, but other head types are not unheard of and as far as I know are not unwelcome.

I casually browse both /toy/ and /jp/ threads on occasion.
>>
>>5834082
Agree, by now this whole drama just looks bizarre.

I agree with one confession, and you anon, that people should a) have left feedback and b) should have said something sooner.
It's weird how so many people claim to have received bad service/bad quality but there is nothing to be found.

I have people like that in our local forum.
They fucked up, several times (usually as GO leaders), but others were afraid to leave honest feedback.
Said people still make GOs and you still have people getting fucked by them, but of course nobody stands up and writes up some truth.
I try to push them to it by saying “if someone else had written something up you could have been saved from that trouble. Be better and warn others, so they don't have to go through the same“ but eh.
Forum is full of whiny losers with zero spine.

You get that with commissions once in a while.
Customer tells you he loves it, then you see them posting somewhere else how unhappy they are.
Top that with them lying (“artists refused to change it“ - bitch, you didn't ask) and I can at least kinda believe that Echo really thought people were happy with their orders.
No matter what, one side is not telling the truth.
>>
What a fucking idiot. Do you really think that someone would post online and ask for help to find something in their house.....
>>
>>5834686
...I know why I stay clear from FB BJD groups.
The local ones are full of morons too (and recasts).
>>
>>5834715
And idiots that don't know they have recasts.
>>
>>5834904
We just had someone in our local form, who was not only a total idiot (unable to use [img] tags, or an Image hoster...at 24) but also didn't read the rules.
Forum is as anti as DoA in regards to recasts, she still posts them and is confused why she got a warning.

She's also active in a FB group that once allowed recasts and now switched to no-recasts.
Admin contacts her to confirm that her dolls are recasts, her reaction "yes, of course they are...does that mean I am not allowed to post them anymore?".
Same person wants a 80$ SD body and complains how she won't get a Soom body for that.

Even if you ignore the whole artist rights etc. thing in regards to recasts, you can't deny that the amount of poorfags with fugly dolls and too much ego is ten times higher compared to the pre-recast time.
That alone makes me hate them already.
>>
>>5834904
Or idiots who think it's the same and they are just smart at shopping and finding a good deal...
>>
yo, does iplehouse not sell their heads seperate anymore? i'm trying to get my hands on a zera head in their real brown skin and i haven't had any luck on the marketplace so far.
>>
File: 002.jpg (153KB, 700x1284px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
153KB, 700x1284px
> tfw your doll is finally the succubus slut she was born to be
>>
>>5835173
They only did for a short time, and only for the ones they planned to not sell anymore in future.
Else they miiiight make a “only head“ sale once in a new moon, but generally they don't sell single heads.

It's hard to get splits too because most are not interested in their bodies at all.
>>
>>5835236
lol never mind its back and she added a second one. goddamn.
>>
>>5835261
As far as I know she's married to a guy too.

At least she didn't upload this ro Instagram and tag the real Reedus again.
>>
>>5835275
she actually put something like " please dont post this to other places, the "prototype" is not meant to see" meaning, she doesn't want norman reedus to find it, haha
>>
File: 2.jpg (313KB, 976x770px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
313KB, 976x770px
>>5835236
>omg! Are you having an erection!?
>>
>>5835277
I bet someone will send it to him, sooner or later.
Not even a doll person, just some random person who saw her doll.
>>
>>5835214
take it off!!! full nudes now!!!!11
>>
>>5835214

what company is this doll from?
>>
>>5815878
A bit late, but does anyone know what sculpt this is? I've been Googling all over the place, but I've only been taken to the wigs the doll's been posed in. I don't think it's one of Napi Doll's, either, but I could be wrong. I'm pretty bad at identifying sculpts.
>>
>>5835214
sub or dom though, anon?
>>
>>5836748
I think it's a Volks, but I can't say which sculpt.
Maybe a Lieselotte, but it's not visible if the mouth is open or not.

If it's a Lieselotte, good luck anon.
She's expensive af.
She's one of the girls who was also released with a Baby The Stars Shine Bright outfit.
>>
File: 008.jpg (176KB, 700x1245px) Image search: [Google]
008.jpg
176KB, 700x1245px
>>5836668
she's a fairyland littlefee limited event dreaming vampire elf chiwoo faceplate on a chicline small bust / model leg body.

>>5836639
not sure if you're serious or not but i do have a nude shot somewhere when i first put her together. i'll see if i still have it.

>>5836848
clearly dom anon
>>
Is anyone here waiting on something from the USPS ISC Facility in NY?

I have an inbound and outbound package stuck there. Inbound one came from Japan and got "Processed Through Facility" on the 30th. It usually takes a day to get to me from there, but it hasn't budged. I also sent a dolly outfit out to a buyer in Europe, and the package has been stuck at a post office in NY, waiting to go in to customs.
>>
File: susie.png (977KB, 584x979px) Image search: [Google]
susie.png
977KB, 584x979px
So I just purchased a Susie Slicker (Susie Sad Eyes companion I think). Does anyone know any groups for theses? I found a flikr, but it's very old discussion wise. Any tips for cleaning if needed?
>>
>>5836960
i dont have anything right now, but lately ive noticed shit going through there is super slow. back in the day if i had an ems package that arrived early enough in the morning, i'd get it that same day. now it stops for almost 2 days once it hits the facility, no matter how early it gets there. drives me nuts.
>>
>>5836965
>tips for cleaning

Go for a magic eraser on the body first. If it's surface dirt it'll come off. Otherwise, she looks to be vinyl so you'll need to go the benzoyl peroxide route for bad stains.
>>
>>5836966
Two days isn't bad, dude. I'm on day 5 with no updates.

How long should I be waiting until I contact USPS? A week? Two?
>>
>>5836976
thanks! I looked up some boxes and it says it's vinyl.
>>
Hey peeps, anyone else seen the new DC limited doll yet? Spider Sheep or rather, Xaviera, what are your thoughts?
>>
>>5838218
Cool af, but too expensive for how small it is, in my opinion.

The face reminds me a lot of a better sculpted, cuter Ada.
>>
>>5836965
Try looking for vintage fashion doll groups. A lot of people who collect these collect other similar dolls. I know there's at least one bigger forum but can't remember the name off the top of my head. And she is Susie Sad Eyes, 'slicker' is another word for raincoat.
>>
>>5838218
I like it way more than the other spider girl , Elizabeth. The spider looks way better and more in proportion to the human torso compared to Elizabeth one.
>>
>>5836856
Thanks for your help! Ahh that BTSSB set is too cute, no wonder she's so expensive.
>>
>>5836856
honestly this looks more like suiseiseki/souseiseki to me. shes worth a little bit more than lieselotte.
lieselotte has very obvious teeth and a poutier bottom lip

good luck anon. either way, you'll need it.
>>
>>5834312
I don't know, sorry anon. I just got the pic from IG. But it is a MNF Sia so the tank can't be that big. You can always ask the owner if you want? Don't know if you want that info.
>>
>>5838551
Hmm, you might be correct there.
I like Volks, but sometimes their sculpts are too alike (not to mention this whole "different names for different skintones while using the same face" thing or the whole F-16/old F-28/Chris/Kai/Lucas/DWC01 etc. thing), especially when repainted.

But you are correct, no matter which one it is...it's expensive as fuck.
Am actually glad I decided to ditch my plan for a Volks crew after I got my third one, I hated having to pay 600+ $ for a single head all the time.
>>
>>5838290
Yeah man, it's super super cute but that price tag what the hell... it's more expensive then the msd Elizabeth.
>>
>>5838302
Thanks! I know that she's Susie Sad Eyes, but this specific doll, when in the box, is called Susie Slicker. Apparently they're a bit different in color/head shape than the regular SSE doll.
>>
File: Slicker.png (139KB, 187x406px)
Slicker.png
139KB, 187x406px
>>5838945
>>
>>5838551
Ugh, this is my grail. I just can't justify spending three grand for the fullset.
>>
>>5838945
Hm. I wonder if maybe she was a budget version of the regular doll.
>>
>>5838551
>>5838831
Figures that the one I'd want is possibly a choice of ones that are rare and tons of money. Thanks to you guys for your help, too!
>>
File: il_570xN.513772389_691g.jpg (55KB, 570x604px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.513772389_691g.jpg
55KB, 570x604px
>>5840052
Maybe? The quality is pretty low for all of them, although the 'dress me up doll' knock off is even worse haha.
>>
File: FIG-DOL-8835.jpg (71KB, 600x600px)
FIG-DOL-8835.jpg
71KB, 600x600px
>http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-DOL-8835
[spoiler]is it bad i want one?[/spoiler]
>>
>>5841495
I don't like it.
>>
>>5826106
Any more info? These look really cute
>>
>>5843191
They're 3D printed custom dolls that you design on their website. Google it, theres a shit ton of reviews out there. I personally don't care for them since I hate that texture and their bodies are rather blocky (not to mention their clothing quality is a joke) and it seems a little tricky to get them to come out cute on the program, and it doesn't always translate well into plastic.
>>
>>5841495
y her hands so fukin small
>>
>>5841495
thems some terrible anime proportions right there.
>>
File: HELP.jpg (80KB, 564x852px)
HELP.jpg
80KB, 564x852px
BUMP
>my head hurts..
>where am I?
>its dark...
>who is that?
>oh its that bitch again and she took my shoes
>who really does that now?
>ugh, these ropes hurt
>why are they doing this to me?
>is this a dream?
>no its too real to be a dream but...
>...
>i'm starving...
>is this the end?
>I never got the chance at the office...
>Intern Dan was kinda cute.
>but oh well...
>...
>somebody save me... ...
> ...uugh..
>>
File: DSCF5682.jpg (411KB, 585x1006px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5682.jpg
411KB, 585x1006px
Clubbing
>>
Been looking for nice quality heels recently and it feels like I've been seeing the same old same old stuff.

Any chance you guysab know of some hidden gems you're willing to share?
>>
>>5845022
What stores have you tried so far? I don't want to name any place you've already looked.

Off the top of my head, Mandarake and dollfieworld would be the place to go for hard-to-find stuff. Dollfieworld can cost an arm and a leg though.
>>
>>5845022
>nice quality heels
>been seeing the same old same old stuff
Then, look at each Volks events, lottery.
Iplehouse is a runner up.

The usual places, like ebay and mandy for older, limited release shoes.

nine9style, dollmore, formydoll have limited selection of shoes, but fall under same old stuff.

Doll shoes are quite over priced everywhere.
>>
>>5845035
Cross most of the stores that have a taobao off (F-zero, CLS-Doreen, M-Style, etc.) as well as places like Leeke, Code Noir, Nine9style & Dollheart.

I'm don't collect vinyl so this was the first time I looked at Dollfieworld. Maybe it's just because I'm shit at navigating, but the shoes I'm seeing so far look kinda... dated. For lack of better word.

Still appreciate it, though!
>>
File: eh.png (254KB, 359x499px)
eh.png
254KB, 359x499px
What hair products do you guys recommend to style alpaca hair? I tested some hair gel on a small batch and it looked awful.
>>
>>5845144
That doll is truly ugly, it really is.
>>
>>5845144
instead of gel, use hair putty. look for something that says its restyle-able, light hold, dry or clean look. only put a really small amount on your fingers and rub them together so you can't even really see the product, then gently run your fingers over/through the hair. you definitely dont want to put too much.
>>
>>5845164
>hair putty
Thank you so much bruh! <3

>>5845158
Agreed. Those lips look like anal prolapse.
>>
>>5845011
That's pretty hardcore for just clubbing.
You sure she's not working the corner?
>>
>>5845022
I have no valid suggestions because I can't find shoes I like, but I'd like to know the sauce on those your trap are wearing!

>tfw best shoes I have are from Soom, Iplehouse, and Dollheart and almost always on limited runs.

>>5845144
That doll looks like it tried to eat a beehive. Absolutely terrifying, thanks.
>>
>>5845298
BDSM clubbing.
>>
>>5845360
F-zero! Most of my shoes are from there or CLS-Doreen. They sell good shit. It's just that I've already got myself a lot of them.

>https://world.taobao.com/item/27129684245.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4002-8468223896.69.pV51oO
>https://cls-doreen.world.taobao.com/
>>
File: HELP.jpg (540KB, 1537x1026px)
HELP.jpg
540KB, 1537x1026px
I can't decide who to get!

1) Pros: Pretty boy hair, gentle facial features
Cons: Prohibitively expensive, strong glaring expression limits his personality.

2) Pros: Comes with a gun! Smug/Fresh facial expression.
Cons: Really wide mouth. Fat lips.

3) Pros: SDGou muscles body!
Cons: Mean, grumpy old-man looking...

Leaning towards #2-ish...
Please help me decide.
>>
>>5845725
I'd go with the second by virtue of the first one looking bland to me, and as for the third one, if you wanted an older man, get it from a company who does it proper mature and not some awkward mid-way between trying to look mature while still being ~bishounen~.
>>
>>5845725
I like the one with lilac eyes.
But I'm biased, I prefer male western clothing.
>>
>>5845725
why are volks faceups so shit? like seriously.
>>
>>5845725
>strong glaring expression

Get a new faceup? Unless you like volks shit faceups, that sculpt looks very neutral without the glaring eyebrows.
>>
File: haha what.jpg (49KB, 800x800px)
haha what.jpg
49KB, 800x800px
>>5845587
Thank you so fucking much. I'm so ready to get shoes for my dolls that aren't potato-quality cheapshit. I will have a look through tomorrow.

>not directly related, but I get so irrationally angry when I see those fugly converse-style sneakers everywhere.

>>5845725
I like #2 personally, but it's gonna be your doll in the end. Get something you're going to be happy with. Look through galleries of owner pics and see if they've done anything different that catches your eye and brings out something you like over the others.
>>
File: 20140630070625b.jpg (265KB, 500x500px)
20140630070625b.jpg
265KB, 500x500px
What is the general opinion of peakswood?
>>
>>5846270
The sculpts are too boring for me. I don't care for their faceups either.
>>
>>5846270
They're okay. Not really the aesthetic I like. I don't hear any QC problems, so that's a plus. Some anon creams themself over their default faceups, but they're a bit garish on the newer fantasy ones. Your pic looks fine.

Kid Delf Ani was sculpted by their artist, if I remember correctly.
>>
File: 8231506068_029ff4718a_m.jpg (20KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
8231506068_029ff4718a_m.jpg
20KB, 240x160px
Hi bjd friends. Want to sell my doll (Bobobie) but I have no FB account and not enough posts to sell at DoA MP. Do I have other options? Or considering how cheap the doll is should I just keep her stored away in hopes I might care again one day? Can't imagine there is much resale value for BBB/RS.

Thanks for reading my post hope you all have a blessed day. Here is a cute picture. Not mine!
>>
File: Volks Ryoma.jpg (132KB, 448x640px)
Volks Ryoma.jpg
132KB, 448x640px
>>5845725
Get #2 and buy my Ryoma head.

From the three he has the nicest face, and the wide lips are only painted on.
#1 has very thin features (upper lip, nose), while 3# looks weird in real due to the jawline combined with the thin nose.

However, from your post it seems like you want to go full default?
If yes, don't.
Default Volks look boring af (reason I have to admit I can't stand Office-chan...customized Volks are so, so much more gorgeous), their face-ups aren't great and the bodies are also only so-so.
I had my Ryoma on a Spiritdoll Proud body, which looked great and came with better posing too.

>>5846915
Last line reads like a Facebook post from grandma, incl. the tiny picture.

Anyway, only other option is ebay or Flickr/Instagram, basically everywhere you can post a picture.
Only an option though if you don't mind the lack of protection you might get through ebay.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.jpg (73KB, 1025x340px)
Screenshot_1.jpg
73KB, 1025x340px
>>5846964
adding, blank Ryoma on the left.
His face is pretty well balanced for a Volks, compared to the other two in your list.
>>
>>5846270
decent looking dolls, i like how they like to do fantasy colored resins sometimes. but they suffer from serious sameface. they all look the same to me, no matter what size it is too. all their lines have the same nose and 'M' shaped lips.
>>
>>5846915
What sculpt is it, Anon? Depending on which it is, you might be able to sell it pretty easy on Tumblr or something. Bobobies and Resinsouls aren't the prettiest, but a lot of people like to get them as their first dolls because of their reasonable price tag, so I don't think it'd be too hard to sell her.

I'd definitely suggest building up your post count for the DoA MP though--the entire secondhand market is slow af right now, but DoA is still one of the better/easier places to sell.
>>
>>5846270
I have an FOF rabbit goon, and he's pretty cute.
The resin is nice feeling, and their dolls feel pretty sturdy.
>>
>>5834686
Hhhahahaha.
I almost want to think that comment was tongue-in-cheek, as I would have said something like that sarcastically (well, maybe not, people in BJD groups don't tend to go for wittiness...and it probably wasn't in this case.)
>>
>>5846270
I own 3 of their girls and their bodies are so sturdy it has made any other girl body feel like shit for me. On the down side they are heavy. And are meant to have stiff like Lolita poses, more like they want them to still look like dolls and feel like so. Their resin is super nice and their faceups are good. On another down side their dolls take forever, I am talking about 6-10 months.
>>
>>5848579
what? you must be ordering through a dealer. they take 3-4 months when you order direct.

the resin quality is nice but the same face thing is true.
>>
I've been getting more into dollhouses and I just realized how odd it is that 1/12 is the standard dollhouse or 'play' scale, but there are so few 1/12 bjds - almost none if you don't count molded hair or painted eyes. Any hidden gems at 1/12?
>>
>>5849045
Playscale is 1/6
>>
>>5849300
Oh wow, good thing I haven't ordered any furniture yet, then. Still a bit confused why the vast majority of furniture I find is 1/12 while that's easily the rarest doll scale, but at least plasyscale being 1/6 makes sense.
>>
>>5849337
doll furniture is made for doll houses, not really for dolls. the miniaturist hobby is vastly 1/12. that is the standard dollhouse/diorama scale. the object is to recreate houses / rooms in miniature, most of the time dolls are not the point or even in the equation at all when it comes to the finished product.
>>
File: shorty.jpg (201KB, 750x1016px)
shorty.jpg
201KB, 750x1016px
>>5849045
to answer your question though, the closest dolls to 1/12 are fairyland pukipuki and realpuki. realpuki are more like 1/14 or 1/16. they fit in 1/12 houses but they look a little too small, like children.

pic related is my realpuki and a 1/12 bookcase. he's too short for it.
>>
File: 010.jpg (243KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
243KB, 950x633px
>>5849378
lati yellow dolls also fit in 1/12 rooms but they are too big, but will work if you're going for a toddler in a kids playhouse look.
>>
>>5849372
Ah, that makes some sense. I guess I'm approaching it from my hobby and not realizing that it's usually an entirely separate thing. And thanks for the doll suggestions, though I'll probably end up keeping my dioramas for Picco Neemo and keep my bjd stuff separate.
>>
>>5849401
Eve Studio makes some 1/12 bjd, as do a few other artist doll makers(https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/260128105/112-bjd-doll-real-proportions-ooak?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=1/12 bjd&ref=sr_gallery_2). Be prepared to pay upwards of $500 per doll, and then pay an additional $100 for a pair of 1/12 jeans.

I think it's because ball joints, wigs and eyes don't work very well once you get that tiny. Hell, you can barely find decent wigs and buckles for YoSD. You may have more luck getting traditional softbody or actionfigure type dolls for the dollhouse.
>>
Can anyone suggest a good online fabric store?
>>
>>5845164
>>5845225
Hair putty is your best bet for full styling, but I'll add that a light smoothing/anti frizz product is good if you just want to tame it. Same method as other anon says. The one I have is silicone based and is actually safe for both real and synthetic extensions so it seems a good choice for doll wigs in general.
>>
>>5849552
Theres also Heidi Ott which are BJDs but have painted eyes. They are super clunky compared to ours though. I think DollKot and Elfdoll have both made 1/12 before but they were very early on in the hobby and definitely show their age compared to dolls now.
>>
A few things on doll care/maintenance.

1) How do you get your eyes straight or at least in the same direction? It's always been a weakness of mine.

2) How do you keep your dolls clean when they have body blushing/faceups that you don't wish to ruin? I received mine secondhand with perfect blushing and I don't want to disturb it but I'm a bit of a germaphobe. Do i just suffer until it needs to be redone?

3) What are your favorite places to shop for MSD sizes? I like realistic looking clothes personally but any suggestions are good. Also wig brand suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>>5848742
I have done it both ways twice for special resin colors and once with normal. Normal took 6 months, special took 8. The normal was ordered through a dealer, the special directly. I don't know why they took so long.
>>
>>5849562
Thanks for help. I agree with you about anti frizz hair product for taming. I use my own hair products to get rid of frizz and it works really well. But for my other wig, I want to make an updo and then curl the rest that's down. But the alpaca doesn't hold the curls at all. so I think hair putty would be the best option.
>>
>>5849585
>1)
art tutorials help, but I cheat and tend to pose them looking off in a certain direction and line up the outer edge of the iris with the eyelid. From there its just fixing one into place and slowly adjusting the other until it matches.
>2)
If you are after deep cleaning then yeah it will probably have to be redone, but you can probably wipe away most surface dirt with a damp microfiber cloth and maybe a tiny bit of dish soap. The cloth is also great to use dry for dusting.

can't help with 3 because my MSDs are weird off proportions, sorry.
>>
>>5849932
How are you curling it? I usually wrap the damp curls around something of appropriate size (a straw or whatever) and let it dry completely, then maybe do a tiny little bit of anti frizz just to prevent it fluffing out.
>>
>>5849337
>>5849045
There are a lot of dolls at the ~1/12 scale and many poseable figures are ~1/12. And while not what is called a BJD, 1/12 scale dolls with ball joints in and of themselves are quite common.

In other words, there's a lot of 1/12 stuff and 1/6 is by and large much more uncommon. You being concerned with BJDs just don't realize there's a much larger hobby world outside that particular niche.
>>
Has anyone else had a hard time meeting "normal" people who collect BJDs?

I met some at a meet I went to, but they all live far away, and all the nearby BJD collectors I've met are cringy af. All of them seem to have something mentally wrong with them, or they're just really awkward to be around because they have no idea how to socialize like a normal person.
>>
>>5850698
how 'normal' are you? do you try tp 'bond with your doll?
>>
>>5850701
I wouldn't say so. I have ones I like more than others, ones I regret buying and no longer like, etc, but the whole "bonding" thing is a little hokey to me.
>>
File: 6563519651_5498c60c8c_o.jpg (281KB, 550x801px) Image search: [Google]
6563519651_5498c60c8c_o.jpg
281KB, 550x801px
>>5850698
What's "normal" to you, anon?
I think that's hard to find because collecting dolls is not normal, and "artist" people tend to be crazy by default.
Most people are exhausting though, no matter if they are the obnoxious clubbing type or your yaoi loving weeb girl.

I've been in the hobby since 2008 and was extremely lucky with my local group.
They are normal people who, while being heavily into dolls, have a regular life next to it.
I know some of them have issues (depression, being bullied during school), but none of them are downright crazy or exhausting during the meets.
They are also pretty good at keeping their shit away from the hobby.*

Their dolls are more or less also good looking, they are just all lazy af (they rarely take pictures, they don't paint face-ups, don't sew etc.).
I sometimes wish I had people in my local group that would love to go out and take pictures together, or who you can spend a day painting face-ups with.
Instead I get the usual "oooh, your stuff is so good anon, I wish mine was as good but I have zero talent".
Already told them that this is not a compliment, just exhausting to hear.
Of course face-ups from someone who painted 150+ of them look better than ones from someone who once painted a face and decided they just suck at it.

*Can't say that about every group in our country though.
Some of them are downright batshit crazy and/or cringy and have no problem posting that stuff on our forum for everyone to see.
I still very well remember that 55+ year old woman who only had gay incest dolls and first introduced herself and her "sewing skills" with sewing sexy lingerie for baby dolls.
>>
>>5850722
"Normal" in the way you described it--collects dolls, but has a life/personality outside of that, and knows how to conduct themselves around other people.

Some of the collectors I know can go on and on for hours about their characters and stories (one of them once talked to me for an uninterrupted half-hour about their Homestuck fancharacter), but can't talk for five minutes about their "real life."

Some of them are just embarrassing to be around, whether it be the way they act or dress or what have you. It's like they have no grasp of social convention, and it's so cringy and uncomfortable.

One in particular is getting hard for me to be around, which really is a shame, because we've been good friends for years. It's almost like their life is stuck at an impasse though--they don't seem to be doing much outside of dolls or doll-related activities, while I've put dolls mostly on the back burner in favor of real life (college, work, friends, etc). When we hang out, I get annoyed with them very quickly, and sometimes have to cut our meetings short so I don't get snippy with them. I avoid being in public with them because their behavior and the way they dress tends to draw a lot of attention to them (and they've made a show of bringing a doll out with them more than once). They also have a stricter "moral code" than I do, which is completely fine and I respect, but makes normal conversation difficult because I have to drastically alter the way I talk and what I talk about around them to avoid making them uncomfortable. I feel so guilty getting bothered by them because they've done so many nice things for me over the years. On the other hand, they've mentioned several times that they're sure I'll "leave them" one day like all their other friends have, so that just makes me feel like shit about it. I don't want to up and leave them, but it's almost like they aren't growing as a person, and it's making them harder and harder to relate to.
>>
>>5850775
Hi anon. Try not to feel guilty. It is simply a fact of life. Some people stay, some part ways, and some move on. If they truly value the companionship, then you will see them in the future. If not, then they were simply companions that you had at that particular time frame in your life. That's not necessarily a bad thing.
>>
>>5850062
I try the water and a thin tool for curls too. but that only works like wavy hair style. The curls kinda fall apart after a while for some reason. I want to make a tight gelled up ringlet hairdo usually seen on brides and I'm having problem with achieving such a look.
>>
File: WhispersB.jpg (144KB, 609x887px)
WhispersB.jpg
144KB, 609x887px
>>5850775
I can assure you that people like that are everywhere.

They tend to obsess over a small thing.
Be it their sexuality, some hobby/interest or a more "normal" thing like their work or child.
The latter is just seen as more acceptable by society.
Most people are probably pretty bland as soon as you take that one thing from them.
Some just know how to use that one thing better without coming across like a freak.

I think you can be pretty much into dolls and still act like a normal person around others, with a regular life and maybe other hobbies too.
The kind of person you describe though is usually depressed, was already anti-social before dolls and only has dolls to cling onto for a little happiness
You don't need to find "normal" collectors, you need to find some with a stable life who don't need their dolls to lift them up.

The friend you just mentioned comes across as pretty unstable for example.
The "you'll leave me anyway" thing is a huge red flag, it's something I usually got to hear from people who were depressed, clingy and (sometimes) tried to manipulate others into staying with them, else they'd kill themselves.
I agree with other anon, some people will not stay with you forever.
Cherish the good times you had with them and go on with your life.

I can assure you there are "normal" doll collectors out there (I like to think I am one of them).
Just keep on looking.
>>
Does anyone know the current doll chateau wait times if I ordered directly from the company?
>>
>>5851061
It was 5 months a little over a month ago. Not sure how releasing green resin has effected it. For most up-to-date info, check the waitingroom on DoA.
>>
>>5852848
Thanks. The DC waiting list on DOA is as dead as a fossil though.
>>
So DIM is having a sale and their shit is super cheap. I thought about getting a Flowne as she's a super qt but their bodies are so awful. But so cheap...
>>
>>5853399
I'm in the same boat, Anon. Flowne is about the only DiM sculpt I really like, but I'm seriously debating whether I like her enough to drop $70 on her head after shipping. I've got other doll plans I want to prioritize, but she's pretty tempting.
>>
File: tumblr_nrr81wT8Lz1shrkilo7_1280.jpg (206KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrr81wT8Lz1shrkilo7_1280.jpg
206KB, 600x399px
>>5849585
1) I turn the face toward me and position the eyes until I feel they look right. I usually do it one at a time.

2) I don't really get my dolls that dirty. When they get dusty, I'll do a light blast of the canned air stuff for keyboards (testing it away from the doll first to make sure it doesn't shoot out something other than air). If I get a scuff somewhere, I wet a magic eraser and gently work at it.

3) I tend to buy my MSD clothes from companies, but my style kinda leans toward frilly junk. For wigs, Leeke isn't as great as they used to be. I think my last few wigs were from Crobidoll, and they're alright.

>>5853399
>>5853406
Shiiit. I love Flowne too. I see her head floating around on the DoA MP fairly often, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

>>5853094
My last DC was ordered February and arrived late June, but it was through DDE. I ordered some bodies through Jeeryama (ebay) last year and it was about the same.
>>
File: DSCF5704.jpg (752KB, 1020x1675px)
DSCF5704.jpg
752KB, 1020x1675px
Does everyone have a "grail" doll?

It is in your possession yet?

I got mine and I'm so happy I did.
>>
>>5854648
She's beautiful anon. (Assuming that's your grail in pic)

Mine is unoas. They were one of the first dolls I ever saw and I adore them. I have a Lusis, who was my first grail, and want more (A L-Bi, a chibi, and minifee hybird)
It's such a good feeling when that box arrives and it feels like you're holding your accomplished dreams in your hands.
>>
File: 0427161305b.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px)
0427161305b.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>5853399
I honestly never expected them to discontinue their sculpts! Flowne was actually what got me into BJDs in the first place, so I'm super glad I went ahead and got her head sculpt in April.

Here's a pictures of mine with company faceup, I have her on a Mirodoll 1/4th body.

>>5854648
Oooh she's gorgeous anon!
>>
>>5854714
Oh dangit, the picture came out sideways and way too large. Sorry about that.
>>
>>5854648
Nobledolls Raspberry in the light skin or the tan. It's never happening.
>kill me
>>
What do you guys think of Pintsizedpalace/ Sarah Wandzilak? She's getting really popular on youtube and her instagram followers jumped really fast after her youtube channel. I see she has tons of fans on other platforms but how about you guys?
>>
>>5855132
hideos elfgutz clone dolls. that whole aesthetic is gross no matter who does it.
>>
>>5855132
Garish and over-saturated. I'm not sure if it's how much she edits her images or if that's just how they look, but her colors are way too intense.

I think she definitely has potential though. Her eyebrows look okay (if a bit dark), and her tattoo work seems decent too.
>>
>>5855132
Her dolls are ugly as sin.
>>
>>5855219
>>5855235
>>5855254

i was thinking maybe you guys were being a bit hard on her but i had a look at her instagram...jesus christ https://www.instagram.com/pintsizedpalace/
>>
File: 16928865174_4b2bcb9abd_o.jpg (369KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
16928865174_4b2bcb9abd_o.jpg
369KB, 600x800px
>>5855132
I think her stuff is really bad, like really super bad.
It's like she went for a bingo on the shit doll owner sheet: fugly cheap dolls, thick acrylic paint smeared on the whole face, 12-year old emo-fan aesthetic, over saturated and super mushy pictures.
That shit would have been posted on DoD and Dollfie Fucks back then.
It's worse than your regular "bad looking newbie doll".
I don't even think all artists need to go for the same style, but there are people who can nail that "dolls looking like a painting" style and she...does not.
At all.

What shocks me the most though is the shitton of followers she has.
It's probably like with elfgutz and lots of her followers not being doll collectors, but still.
The confession drama helped a lot too...I also get this feeling posting and linking to her here is yet another attempt to get more recognition for her.

I follow a bunch of people on Instagram and there are ones with gorgeous/cool dolls, lovely pictures and an interesting feed to look at who haven't even reached the 200 followers mark.
Makes me ask myself what the fuck they did wrong while someone like pintsized drowns in followers.

>>5854648
I don't think I ever really had a grail doll.
To me a grail is THE doll you want to have, but is impossible/nearly impossible to obtain (and money should be the smallest problem there).
There should be a huge want to own this doll and it kinda marks the end goal of your collection.

I don't have such a doll.
There are a few I always liked and really wanted to own, and I got all of them.
Maybe a Dollshe Bermann, just because, but I don't feel bad not owning one and don't really have the urge to hunt one down.
>>
File: 2016-08-14_04-47-21.jpg (234KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-14_04-47-21.jpg
234KB, 800x450px
>>5855395
Christ on a cross, the goddamn bridge piercing on that Bobobie is fucking me up.
>>
>>5855132

While I personally don't like her style I do follow her on youtube and instagram. I just like to see other people casually enjoy their dolls.

>>5855689
>I follow a bunch of people on Instagram and there are ones with gorgeous/cool dolls, lovely pictures and an interesting feed to look at who haven't even reached the 200 followers mark.

See I follow alot of those 'unpopular' people with gorgeous dolls too, but most of the time they just post pretty shot after pretty shot and never talk about their dolls at all. I feel like a lot of them are more into photography then they are into dolls really.

There's also the fact that I myself have zero self confidence and watching others do whatever they want with their dolls and not give a shit what everybody thinks is empowering for me.

Sure pinsizedpalace may have ugly dolls to some but she still posts them regardless and gives me courage to post my own average looking dolls. I'm aware that's probably pathetic to alot of you but that's just how it is for me.
>>
File: 35436873138.jpg (137KB, 849x569px) Image search: [Google]
35436873138.jpg
137KB, 849x569px
>>5855903
>See I follow alot of those 'unpopular' people with gorgeous dolls too, but most of the time they just post pretty shot after pretty shot and never talk about their dolls at all. I feel like a lot of them are more into photography then they are into dolls really.

Is that really bad though?
Most people don't read anything that's longer than a single sentence anyway, they most likely want to see pretty pictures while scrolling through their feed and have no clue about the story behind them.
It's not like pintsized or elfgutz or whoever have mind blowing stories with fleshed out characters either.

I doubt most people actually read what you write underneath the pictures anyway.

>I'm aware that's probably pathetic to alot of you but that's just how it is for me.

Maybe not pathetic, but I don't get it.
There are lots of people who do what they want with their dolls (probably the majority) AND have dolls that look good/cool/are skillfully customized, in some cases with extreme concepts.
No clue why you look up to the ones with shit dolls instead of the nice ones.
>>
>>5855923

>Is that really bad though?
Most people don't read anything that's longer than a single sentence anyway, they most likely want to see pretty pictures while scrolling through their feed and have no clue about the story behind them.
It's not like pintsized or elfgutz or whoever have mind blowing stories with fleshed out characters either.

>I doubt most people actually read what you write underneath the pictures anyway.

It's not bad per se just really boring to me. If I wanted to just look at pretty doll pictures with no character I'd just google search doll images.

I read everything written underneath photos on Instagram and look forward to all the dolls and wine videos on YouTube. I like to follow along and listen to other people's doll plans, just like I like it when people listen to mine.

>here are lots of people who do what they want with their dolls (probably the majority) AND have dolls that look good/cool/are skillfully customized, in some cases with extreme concepts.

And I follow/subscribe to them too.

>No clue why you look up to the ones with shit dolls instead of the nice ones.

I'll admit that I do find a few of the really skilled faceup artists and customizers intimidating. Andreja come to mind, with her perfectionist attitude that rubs me the wrong way. But I don't really look up the 'shit' ones specifically. I just follow anyone who enjoys their dolls and like to talk about them.

I do not follow elfgutz however, as I dislike her bad attitude and trolling behavior. But as far as I know pintsizedpalace isn't a terrible person so I'll keep following her.
>>
>>5855132
>https://www.instagram.com/pintsizedpalace/
I've seen bitching back and forth about how she doesn't take unsolicited faceup advice on TBC. I've never actually seen her work until now. Looks like an Ed Hardy/LisaFrank lovechild. She's got a Jinafire look to her own make up. Really not my style, but she's not as bad as Elfgutz. I hope she's doing what she wants for herself, and not for the attention, but the instagram/tumblr thing makes me suspicious.
>>
File: 2315346414.jpg (111KB, 1024x714px)
2315346414.jpg
111KB, 1024x714px
>>5855968
>I'll admit that I do find a few of the really skilled faceup artists and customizers intimidating.

I actually always had the theory that the ones in the "middle" are stuck with being good but not recognized.
Others think they are intimidating or probably get enough comments from others, while in reality neither is the case.

You are either so shitty that other people with zero skills connect with you on the same level, and thus gain lots of followers, or you need to be so crazily good that people simply can't avoid you (like Andreja), especially newcomers.

Nevertheless, you always need that special spark that suddenly pushes you into popularity.
Just being good, friendly and helpful is usually never enough...you either need drama, others pushing you (people with lots of followers of course gain more followers quickly too) or create that certain something that suddenly goes viral.

I personally never thought of skillful people as intimidating.
To me they are just people who put a lot of time/money into their hobby and are thus of course good at what they are doing.
Can't blame them for being less lazy than others.
They still shit, eat and breathe like anyone else, so I don't see any reason to act like they are any different.
Most of them are very humble, and are happy about every comment they receive.
However, I also don't lack confidence and can easily talk to others, even if their dolls look better than mine or whatever.
>>
>>5855994
Decided to look up another TBC regular, Echowigs. Is it really all shitty fur/brushed yarn wigs everyone is losing their shit over? Like, you paid $15 bucks, got a not-great product, and you're having a months long battle over it? Can people not find an alternative store selling boring troll hair? How hard do they think making brushed yarn is? There are fucktons of tutorials out there, and they all look better than her sales photos. He shit isn't even shiny.
>>
>>5856027
There are two things I don't get with the whole Echo shit: there's zero proof about all the bullying she's supposed to be doing and why doesn't her shop have lots of negative feedback if her service is so bad?

People are claiming she and her work sucks, but until now I never heard anything bad about her (and am pretty active on lots of platforms).
People act like she's the fur wig antichrist but why did they never speak up before?
>>
>>5856043
Personally i think the entire echowigs drama was just one person with a vendetta that decided to spam tbc and because the person running tbc has an issue with echowigs they just keep letting it go on and on.

I actually submitted a confession comparing tbc to btb because it pretends ro have rules but allows personal attacks and stuff that is barely bjd related to be posted and my confession was never posted.
>>
>>5854648
I used to hate the 2008 minifee juri when it came out. I thought it was so ugly, I hated its chubby cheeks and pouty lips and it's smiling eyes.
Jokes on me because it's one of my favorite molds now that it's impossible to find. Also, New Family or whatever it's called, but I'm not paying as much for the head as I am for the body.
>>
>>5855132
I love how she goes on rants bitching and moaning how much she loooooooves her dolls while you can see the insecurity in her face that clearly she hates her shitty bobobie apollo.
People who always have a victim complex and constantly have to rub in people's faces that there is nothing wrong with their belonging and that they tooootallly love them, secretly don't like that item.
I bet in the future, she's going to sell that shitty stained as fuck scratched out bobobie apollo for an assrape price to her delusional fans just like she did the resinsoul song for 300$ and then replace it with another doll that isn't such a piece of shit.

Also her attitude is cancer too. Threatening to cave in the haters' faces with her fists and ready to name call them while she boasts about how much of a saint she is. She is such a retarded hypocrite mentally delayed womanchild just like her idol Elfgutz.
>>
Someone posted this as part of a sale thing on fb. The seller says they'll clean it off, but damn, who would do this to their doll?
>>
>>5856531
I'm sorry but does that say Sim Slut? Like the game sims?
>I'm always a slut for sims
>>
>>5856555
S & M
I guess they were more into bondage then sims..
>>
>>5856279
Tell us how you really feel, anon.
>>
Hate to sound weird but someone I know has a recast of a Minifee Chloe and holy shit it is really nice... Didn't know they could be that nice. Very close to my other friend's legit (we compared them in person). Weird
>>
File: hands.jpg (479KB, 1024x706px)
hands.jpg
479KB, 1024x706px
>>5856531
Yikes. That doll has ugly butt cheeks.

On another note, Does anyone know another company that sells expressive and gorgeous man hands like 5th motif? I want them for a 70 cm doll.
>>
>>5856652
sorry i forgot to add. Other than Dollshe hands.
>>
>>5856560
That's... disappointing. Poor doll.
>>
>>5856531

why didn't they just clean that off before taking a picture and uploading it to facebook?
>>
>>5856652
pretty much only 5th motif, which is why everyone shits themselves over those hands. they really are something special, the feet too. such a shame cho seems to have burnt out so early and has no time for dolls anymore, the attention to detail he put into the timeless body is amazing
>>
File: 1669584070_l1.jpg (90KB, 476x547px)
1669584070_l1.jpg
90KB, 476x547px
I'm looking into buying this doll right now (Iplehouse FID Stella Limited), but I just have one question- why is she so inexpensive ($333)? This will be my first BJD (I generally collect Poppy Parker and Fashion Royalty), and I was under the impression that Iplehouse was a very expensive company. Is it just because this doll is 1/4 and not 1/3? That would actually be more convenient for me anyway, so if that's the case, it's my lucky day.
>>
>>5857170
If you look at their other 1/4 dolls, they're around the same price. and the FID's are on sale at the moment; they're usually about $30 more expensive than other Iple 1/4.
So yeah, lucky day.
Get it, gurl.
>>
>>5856737
That's something I ask myself too while browsing the marketplace.
Lots of dolls that might have been sold already if the seller just had bothered to sit down and clean it.
Unless the price reflect the work I have to put into the doll just to clean it there's no reason why someone should want such a doll.
Especially when you have to fear, usually in case of really noob-ish face-ups, that the doll is stained.

>>5857170
It's both the size and because it's a new line they try to promote.
It's also the blank doll price, if you want her painted, in a darker skintone or with anything on the pictures you need to pay extra.

Iplehouse smaller basics are usually not that expensive, what's expensive are their extra options and bigger sizes.
When I bought my EID (beefy 70cm) guy in light brown tan I was forced to go through their CDS (custom doll system), incl. shipping I nearly had to pay 1000$ for him, without layaway option.
A basic normal skin EID guy is still 720$.
>>
>>5857170
as others have said, its because its their new smaller "fashion doll" sized line, which is not actually fashion doll sized and so regular fashion doll clothing will not fit. you may have a hard time finding clothes for it, since its from a new line and an odd size that no other company makes (they are a different size than dollshe's fashion line,) BUT iplehouse is VERY good at making clothes for each of their lines, so you can always just buy clothes from iplehouse and they are guaranteed to be good quality.
>>
File: ae2.jpg (737KB, 1018x3470px)
ae2.jpg
737KB, 1018x3470px
sharing a few pics from a quick shoot
>>
File: tiddy cancer.jpg (80KB, 576x1024px)
tiddy cancer.jpg
80KB, 576x1024px
>>5856121
Man, I kinda wish TBC were like BTB with pics and all that, but too many people ~waaah that's my doll take it down~

>>5856633
One of the bad things is FL QC can go either way and some of the recasts end up nicer than the legits.

>>5857451
>Lots of dolls that might have been sold already if the seller just had bothered to sit down and clean it.
I think it more or less comes down to them saying "fuck it, not my problem anymore".
>pic related
>>
File: ananananan.png (515KB, 405x642px)
ananananan.png
515KB, 405x642px
>>5857700
Meth mouth alert and let's not talk about those boob mods. ewwwww
>>
>>5857700
Forgot to include in my other post but I just noticed the doll doesn't have ears?
>>
>>5857903
That's sometimes the case with certain heads.
I had a DZ Shoyo head here from their old animal release and she also had no ears (since she came with cat ears instead).
Was weird.

Or that head has holes for optional ear parts.
>>
File: wtf.png (1MB, 884x661px)
wtf.png
1MB, 884x661px
>>5858000
oh you're right. makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>5857903
It's a Soom Roxen that had detachable long elf ears. Sucks, because I was looking for a Roxen at the time and that abomination came up.
>>
File: notmydoll.jpg (296KB, 912x1600px) Image search: [Google]
notmydoll.jpg
296KB, 912x1600px
>>5858205
My condolences to you, anon.
I get a stroke too whenever something like that happens to my favorite sculpt.
But at the same time, the elitist bitch inside of me gets happy that my version of the doll is prettier than theirs.
>>
>>5858243
>>5858052
>>5857898
>>5857700

These dolls all look like trash. I'm simply not seeing the appeal and artistic talent behind these dolls. *shrug*

More power to those who like them I suppose.
>>
File: mzni.jpg (114KB, 613x813px) Image search: [Google]
mzni.jpg
114KB, 613x813px
>>5858382
I don't get it either dude. But it's a nice nightmare fuel.
>>
What's some good Taobao doll shops? Not recasts but like clothes and wigs and accessories. Their review feature appears to be on the fritz right now.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 625x355px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 625x355px
>>5858543
>>
>>5858570

Wtf is that even supposed to mean?

>>5858243

The christina looks ok but the rest are eeehh.
>>
>>5858570
I dont get what you're getting at? I'm a /cgl/ regular where Taobao is frequently used to cut out middlemen and save money on kawaii shit. I just don't know any reputable shops on there cus all I have really seen mentioned is recasters.
>>
>>5858382
I think if you look at the filenames you'll catch on that they're in general not being posted as eye candy, except for possibly the DC.
>>
File: Yuu done right.jpg (15KB, 236x353px) Image search: [Google]
Yuu done right.jpg
15KB, 236x353px
>>5857898
That Dollzone Yuu has the most punchable face I've seen on any doll.
>>
>>5858985
I think TD's hippy gay dragon Yuu could give it a run for its money, though hers is more lack of effort and ground in dirt in lieu of a skilled faceup.
>>
File: 1404100120804.png (115KB, 346x392px) Image search: [Google]
1404100120804.png
115KB, 346x392px
>>5858638
>>5858689
>they don't get the joke

Not the anon who posted but it was just a little bit of /pol/ humor. I thought it was funny so thanks to that anon for bringing a little humor to this thread, we need it sometimes.
>>
>>5859388

>/pol/ humor
>funny

Pick one
>>
Totally unable to get over how bad Kayke's Coffee is
>>
File: tumblr_obvtynj3eQ1rbuoowo1_1280.jpg (119KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obvtynj3eQ1rbuoowo1_1280.jpg
119KB, 1080x1080px
>>5859468
>>
>>5857898
I fucking hate when someone gets a hyper textured face up and then leaves the shiny body visible.
>>
>>5859468
>>5859473
Why would anyone do crusted glitter lips? And why does every coffee look so trashy? Literally worse than resinsoul.
>>
>>5859468
>>5859473
Why is she so fetish-y about black people? She seems like the type to call a black girl a chocolate negress godess or something.

Anyway, on topic. What doll books haven't been scanned that you guys would like to see? I have a bit of disposable income and I just realized the doll books on Google+ are a little dated. Like around 5-10 years dated. I don't know what I should buy and scan though, so I'm open to suggestions.
>>
>>5859468
coffee looks pretty busted, but man...why single out the one coffee owner who has never made anyone feel bad about anything ever? If you wanna talk shit about kayke's dolls, she posts plenty of her own pics...beansproutmomo doesn't deserve to be a part of the trash discussion here.
>>
New bread >>5859855
Fresh >>5859855
I swear >>5859855
>>
File: counterfreakshow.jpg (191KB, 555x832px) Image search: [Google]
counterfreakshow.jpg
191KB, 555x832px
>>5858382
>>5858524

something pretty to counter the nightmare freak-show dolls
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.