[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (42KB, 253x199px)
image.jpg
42KB, 253x199px
What went wrong?
>>
The last time that people played marbles was 1820.
>>
I'm surprised it went right at all. It was, what, 8 bucks for a single Bakugan? When Transformers were still that much for a Scout-class?

Monsuno's about the same situation, a high-cost, low-quality 'toy' that's being shilled as part of a barely thought out game.
>>
It kept going back in Japan, made pretty cool new Bakugans with different gimmicks, so I think it went as far as it could go and was successful among the million collect and battle toys.

And current Minicons are practically Bakugans so I don't care it's over.
>>
They forgot that best girl wiped the floor with everyone on the first season.
>>
>>5808643
im sad this didnt catch on, I loved it
>>
>>5809628
I thought it did catch on, I remember a fuckton of merch everywhere
>>
>>5809628
My recollection is, it started in Japan, but only had like 4 different shitty bukugans, and went no where.

Then it got picked up in the States, got tons of new molds, new types and accessories.

Then that went back to Japan, caught fire there as well, eventually leading to a new series with their own new bakugans with gimmicks focusing on part swapping and customization. I think bakugan was over in the States by then so those never got released there?
>>
>>5809787
I think only the 1st series did

>>5809822
I think when they released the triangle trap bakugan it went down hill

also its not as easy to ply as yugioh or pokemon or magic so its hard to play against people that arent your friends
>>
I can't remember why it failed, but I remember that the power creep rendered every single Bakugan from the first wave worthless once Gundalian Invaders came out.
>>
Battlegear.
>>
>>5809628
It did catch on, and they must still sell them as my nephews keep ending up with new ones.

I don't think they actually play the game, they just like that they are transforming balls.
>>
>>5818586
I haven't seen them in stores for ages now. They got replaced by Monsuno, which I swear is based on when we spun glue sticks in middle school. Even the spinning method is the same.
>>
>>5818590
Monsuno didn't even last long either. Like a year or so after they came out I saw them at discount stores.
>>
>>5808643
Nothing. it lasted about 4 years before it went forgotten. the action figures were pretty cool
>>
Kids outgrow stuff a lot quicker today, so trying to keep Bakugan around series after series led to over-saturation of the product. Kids who were there from the beginning lost interest, younger kids just didn't care.
The early stuff sold well initially, but then it all turned into clearance isle fodder.
>>
>>5818194
This.

I still have all my bakugan. It was a really cool concept. I liked that the cards had effects as well as playing a role in the skill-based part of the game as well.

Power creep was insane. If it weren't for that, and the useless gimicky shit (like the action-figure looking ones that just stood there instead of being rolled) turned it from neat toy+game concept to just toy concept, which utterly failed.

It's a shame. I had fun playing with anyone I could convince to play with me.
>>
The marbles were neat but the show never explained the rules of the game and kept making shit up as it went and the actual game was shit

Also insane power creep and every new season dropping the last gimmick entirely
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.