[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disappointing Toys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

Let's vent, /toy/. What are your biggest toy disappointments?

For me it has to be this guy. I know PAK have a reputation for this kind of shit, but the Tiger Stripe release of Venom was a great looking figure. This piece of shit on the other hand looks and feels like something some Chinese sweatshop worker cobbled together, it looks like a fucking bootleg, doesn't hold his guns properly and has a gaping hole in his upper body if you try to move it at all. Why bother having articulation there in the first place, then? Oh, and the 'wires' looks like absolute ASS.
>>
>>5801922
rah solid snake is my biggest mistake.
>>
Figuarts Thor! I really hope we get a better version when the new movie releases.
>>
File: SAM_0930.jpg (2MB, 5472x3648px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0930.jpg
2MB, 5472x3648px
Gutto Kuro Kusanagi
>>
I saw they have a wolverine PAK coming out
>>
>>5801922
>PAK
>NECA

/thread
>>
>>5801922
Charizard D-Arts
all the early DBZ Figuarts
Figma Samus
RG Zeta
>>
>>5801922
Just like the game then
>>
>>5804618
>2016
>mgs5 still a filter for plebs
based Kojima
>>
>>5805107
Nah it's just a shit underwhelming game.
>>
Ultra Act Mebius Phoenix Brave
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (610KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
610KB, 3264x2448px
>>5801922
Revoltech MIdas ; my god, what a shitty toy.
False advertising all the way, colors are muted, articulation is shit, crappy joints.

Fuck this figure in the ass, or something.
>>
File: 1444330482000.jpg (802KB, 848x848px) Image search: [Google]
1444330482000.jpg
802KB, 848x848px
>>5803971
whats wrong with samus? not rethorical, i was really planning on getting her.
>>
>>5805339
Boats?

>>5805447
Nadda.
>>
File: B_2uZDiWYAIi-Ab.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
B_2uZDiWYAIi-Ab.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>5805533
so its not disappointing then?
>>
>>5805442
Wtf is that cut in the middle of the upper thighs?
>>
Sonicron
>>
>>5805447
hips articulation are pretty bad and it was my first Figma, with so much praise for the brand I expected a lot more

But don't get me wrong, even if it was a disappointment, it's not a completely bad figure. Still the best Samus figure, if you really want one and can find it for a reasonable price, get it.
>>
>>5805442
Holy fuck that paintjob...
>>
Figma Thor and his cheap as shit cape was really disappointing, as was Captain America's face sculpt. We all know Figma excells at anime characters and not real people, but he looks awkward and lousy. I'm really satisfied with my AOU, and I'm starting to consider selling the Figma Avengers I own. They're not completely awful, but dissapointing, and I don't think I'll ever pick up Hulk on the set.

I'm also in a similar position with the Mafex Joker I own. I love their Batman despite his flawed shoulders, and was eager to pick up more TDK figures from them and maybe get the Batpod. Their Joker was really underwhelming, and with the announcement of a Figuarts of him, I might sell the Mafex.

Mafex in general is kind of disappointing. I managed to nab a cheap ASM1 Spidey off Mandarake, and both he and their Batman are fantastic. I thought the line had enough potential to rival other great 1/12 brands. I was really excited about the ASM2 Spidey and all his accessories in the DX set. Hell, I was hoping they'd do a DX release for TDK Batman with all his gagdets and maybe even the armory. But Spidey was super underwhelming and his accessories were poorly made. Their upcoming Iron Man is way overpriced, their release schedule is super slow, and I have no interest in their upcoming lineup. Even if I did care about Suicide Squad, they're all getting Figuarts anyhow.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.