[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SPAWN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 21

Got on a binge of collecting the old buggers again.

>favorite figure

>did anyone actually play with these?

>fond memories if so

Always thought Tremor looked like the pinky demons from doom.
>>
>>5801188
I played with them during the very first series, when I was still a kid. I collect the better, more canon ones. I refuse to buy statueshit though.
>>
>>5801188
>>favorite figure
Medieval Spawn
>>did anyone actually play with these?
When I was a 'tween, yeah.
>>fond memories if so
When the first series came out, I was blown away by the size of the figures and the detail. Didn't really get into the later ones that were just semi-poseable statues, but OP pic and 10th Anniversary Spawn were must-buys. I also remember being really happy that they came with comic books, because it meant I'd have a spare copy of whatever issue to read, and keep my 1st prints nice.
>>
>>5801188
I still have the complete first series MIB from when I was a kid. Medieval Spawn, Overt-Kill and Angela were my favorites. I got the variant mail-in Red Bendy Violator, but Malebolgia never came to my town.
>>
>>5801188
My aunt that I didn't care for gave me the first run's Violator, the bendy one, for Christmas the year they came out
That's how I was introduced to Spawn as a little kid
Great figure minus the wire skeleton
>>
>>5801188
i like this one, maybe because of the color + tacticool suit
>>
>>5801188
this is a great time to announce that four horse men are creating new figures based on their own line called Mythic Legions. look it up. new spawn line. same sculptors . i'll have to dig up all of my old spawn characters. i have alteast 20. all from different lines. i love todd mcfarlane ever since his inception
>>
it is impossible to name the best spawn figure or character. its just a good time watching and reading about great figures. one of a kind line.
>>
File: super spawn, advanced..jpg (1MB, 2736x3648px) Image search: [Google]
super spawn, advanced..jpg
1MB, 2736x3648px
>>
>>5805593
K-Mart was cool as shit 5.000 tears ago
>>
>>5805593
his joints were shit, and he looked liked a retard. you didn't miss anything. i passed that fuck up so many times because i figured they'ed make a better articulated, figure. what a horrible figure. not worth buying. mal was just an advanced version of the violator. which was a pretty shit character with horrible joint issues. mathematics really help figurines. my FHS Bruce Lee never toppled, and I have him in on foot kicking some one in the face. totally balanced. . true figures do not need a stand.
>>
File: bruce.lee.my.friend.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
bruce.lee.my.friend.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>5808156
>>
>>5808162
Bruce Lee Doesn't need a stand
>>
these are beautiful toys. please keep posting the lines from the ages.
>>
>>5801188
your picture looks like the character is modified. I have the original spawn figure.
>>
File: Zombo.jpg (138KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
Zombo.jpg
138KB, 375x500px
Zombie Spawn is possibly the best action figure ever made.
>>
god I love spawn. never let this perfection lose appeal.
>>
>>5808187
all of those lines are ingenious. we were lucky to see them in really crappy stores like walmart and kmart. i need to start digging in my ancient toy boxes that I've saved.
>>
id pay a grand to meet McFarlane . I don't even want figures or an autograph.
>>
File: boner_Spawn.jpg (86KB, 727x791px) Image search: [Google]
boner_Spawn.jpg
86KB, 727x791px
Lets not forget this Spawn, who dressed up in drag.....on bones.
>>
File: this.mother.fucker..jpg (15KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
this.mother.fucker..jpg
15KB, 214x317px
>>
>>5808208
niiice
>>
Todd is just as bad as the original warcraft artist METZEN.
>>
File: Your new god.jpg (70KB, 620x356px) Image search: [Google]
Your new god.jpg
70KB, 620x356px
>>
I'd pay $150 dollars for an original Warcraft 2 zul'jin original figure. i miss my wc2 farms.
>>
>>5808198
I've heard that Todd is a really nice guy.
>>
>>5808342
the multiple former associates and ex-employees who have sued him would likely disagree.
>>
OP here, man this is a disjointed (heh) discussion. Anybody ever back breakage issues?
>>
>>5801188
>did anyone actually play with these?

I did. I randomly got spawn I at a flee market whne I was 8 or 9 didnt even know what it was, just looked cool. After that I got medevil spawn at walmart. I remember it even came with a comic of his backstory.

Still own those 2, they held up strongly. But ht eothers.... the others evetually all fell apart. After series 3 they stopped becoming action figures and became figure art pieces. But I was a kid, I still played with them until the limbs broke and the glue gave way and armor bits started falling off.

I remember getting viking spawn and the joint in his leg broke right after I got him....
>>
>>5808854
oh forgot fav...

my fav has always been Spawn 3. and I always loved Manga Curse... idk why. He was fun to play with as a kid. Good articulation and features.
>>
File: series11_horrid_photo_02_dl.jpg (36KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
series11_horrid_photo_02_dl.jpg
36KB, 600x400px
this is my fav
>>
I like how fucking Angela is the more relevant character nowadays since she got bought out by Marvel.
>>
>>5812072
Oops forgot my picture.
>>
>>5808862
>dat Eva ripoff body

I still fucking love Manga Spawn.
>>
>>5808854
I still have my Spawn I. The cape is missing and the skull on his waist has come off, but for being a what, 20 + year old toy? It's held up like a tank.
>>
>>5812007
oh god does this bring me back

I picked him up as we were passing through Las Vegas, at the big wooden horse; such FUN I had with him on the rest of our trip to Didknee Whirl.
>>
>>5808862
Got this fucker mib and hes coming out soon. Got a bunch of mib spawn figures, selling some, opening others.
>>
>>5808854
Are you me? Our stories are 90% identical, though I knew what spawn was when I got him at a flea market.
>>
>>5812007
I have the brown variant. Amazing figure.
>>
Still have my Maxx figure, love him.

Just sold my 10th anniversary Spawn. Man I thought je was gonna go the ML / DCSH route with articulation for a moment back then.
>>
>>5812077
Looks pretty good and looks pretty much like her 90s version outside of no black eyeliner and headset. I think I"ll get her to go along my 10th anniversary Spawn since this is the best Angela figure and still looks like her.
>>
>>5808208
fuuuuuuck. My mother sold mine for 2 dollars in a thrift shop, without me knowing. Just like most of my childhood toys.
>>
File: cyberspawn2-spawn-28-2005.jpg (99KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cyberspawn2-spawn-28-2005.jpg
99KB, 683x1024px
This remains my personal favorite. Absolutely wicked design.
>>
File: other_12wor_photo_04_dp.jpg (139KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
other_12wor_photo_04_dp.jpg
139KB, 600x900px
My favourite. Was the 1st Spawn figure I picked up when I started collecting. Kept him MOC so no playing with him.

Did anyone used to post on the official Spawn.com message boards in McFarlanes heyday? Some collections on there were insane
>>
File: nanael_vs_burned_ham.jpg (388KB, 1024x847px) Image search: [Google]
nanael_vs_burned_ham.jpg
388KB, 1024x847px
>>5808208
It is a nice Spam figure, but he isn't that really well articulated, more like a statue preposed with joints
Fun fact is that I still have it
>>
>>5818763

Well, a lot of them kind of were.

And I can't believe no one has posted the glory of Future Spawn yet.
>>
Used to own malebolgia and Demon spawn, probably still somewhere in my attic but, but bolgia's horns fell off and spawns tails broke off, so did his long ass finger . I was a stupid kid making them fuck each other up
>>
>>5818803
I had this one among many others. Loved him.
>>
File: 4c2d00f25cb1c_124540b.jpg (20KB, 260x312px) Image search: [Google]
4c2d00f25cb1c_124540b.jpg
20KB, 260x312px
Not much articulation but had lots of fun with this one.
>>
Good to see Spawn love on here

Only spawn figure I own is pic related and its fucking awesome
>>
File: series31_spawn11_06.jpg (123KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
series31_spawn11_06.jpg
123KB, 400x600px
>>5826200
fucking forgot pic
>>
File: Photo741.jpg (157KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Photo741.jpg
157KB, 960x1280px
Never owned any Spawn toys as a kid, so I was happy to find Animated Spawn at my old comic shop for only nine bucks a few years ago. Got Violator from a dollar store.
>>
I found one of the clear blue necro cop chase figures back in '08. Apparently one of the rarest spawns ever but I can never find it online to PC. And that was right around the time MF stopped the spawn line so who knows what it's worth now
>>
File: mandarinspawn.jpg (325KB, 800x1319px) Image search: [Google]
mandarinspawn.jpg
325KB, 800x1319px
I collected and played with them when I was a little kid, I stopped collecting when they started to turn into statues. My favorite figure was always Mandarin Spawn, I still remember seeing him on the peg at like a Babbages when I was 9 and just losing my shit over how detailed and awesome he looked.
>>
>>5808218
Got to meet him two months ago in Dallas for Fan Expo. He signed my copy of Spawn #31
>>
>>5808162
Hey thats my pic lol. Thanks for posting it. Saved me the trouble
>>
>>5808165
Yeah Bruce only falls down when my cats up on my desk when I'm at work. Its a solid figure
>>
File: Poacher.jpg (377KB, 823x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Poacher.jpg
377KB, 823x1024px
>>5801188
Kinda hard to pick a favorite. Maybe Poacher, or the Techno Spawn line. I got interested in them around my late teens/early twenties; guess I was out of the playing phase but still liked them for the sculpt and paint quality.

Spawn toys really seemed to hit their stride creativity-wise in the late 90's. I felt like I was getting more for my money because the figures were larger than other toy lines and the paint/details were better too. Honestly never really cared for the main Spawn line that much, I preferred the other ones like Total Chaos and Dark Ages.

I think my fondest memories are from just a few years ago, buying a bunch of old McFarlane figures online for pretty good prices, and being totally satisfied when I got them. Sure the articulation's not always that good, but the effort and creativity they put into these is great.
>>
any good Angela figures besides the upcoming Marvel one?
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.