[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NERF GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 60

File: atlas.jpg (118KB, 1087x600px) Image search: [Google]
atlas.jpg
118KB, 1087x600px
Anyone else really looking forward to this? I've not used a Rivals gun before but I loved the Rough Cut so this is nabbing my interest
>>
File: 20151221_090928.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20151221_090928.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>5794965
The full auto one that holds liketen mags looks pretty good too.
>>
File: IMG_4592.jpg (3MB, 3456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4592.jpg
3MB, 3456x2592px
I am getting rid of a big lot of shit..
Not sure how tho other than Craigslist or so.
>>
File: IMG_4593.jpg (3MB, 3456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4593.jpg
3MB, 3456x2592px
>>5795796
It would be impossible to ship.
Hoping to clear it out soon. Anybody got ideas?
>>
>>5794965
Not sure if i want this or the lmg version with the 40 round mag. Also has anyone seen a conversion of the pistol rival blaster into a rifle style?
>>
>>5794965
I cant wait for it to release. I love the Rival line and I have a fetish for springers.
>>
>tfw there's an original nerf bow in blue and hot pink rotting away somewhere at my parents
I don't suppose it's worth anything, but it'd be fun to repair it
>>
>>5794965
Its too early for me to invest in rival. Waiting for more blasters and for more people to have them before i buy.

Besides that the LARP sites i go to down allow them yet
>>
I bought a few NERF guns this summer so I could play with my brother and sister when they visit. The boxes advertised like 80% accuracy at 90 feet or something, but I have a feeling it was shitty font and 9.0 feet.

If I pop them open and put in some firmer springs, that should give it a little more umph and therefore some accuracy, right? Are there any simple barrel mods I can do to improve the accuracy?

I have a Retaliator, crossbow, and zombie shotgun. So far, it seems like the crossbow has the best accuracy.
>>
>>5797765

Well, here's the thing. Blasters do not determine accuracy, the darts do. Every gun with a springer mechanism is gonna have the exact same end result, but the darts themselves determine how straight they do. And it just so happens that Nerf brand darts are a little inconsistent in their mass or something of the sort. All I know is I've compared accuracy coming from Nerf elites and some bootleg elites and almost every time, the brand name Nerf darts are awful.

As for springs, stronger ones are always fun because of them getting to your target faster, but they won't do much for accuracy. As I said, it's almost always in the dart. Look around the internet for some reputable bootlegs. Go to ebay and look up "koosh darts gen 3." Those are widely regarded as the staple dart type. To beat it all, bootlegs are also cheaper than brand name Nerf. 200 "koosh" darts are $20, whereas 75 brand name are the same price.

tl;dr - Buy bootleg darts and watch your accuracy problems slowly disappear. And stronger springs are cool too.
>>
>>5797813
Gotcha. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>5797765
>>5797813
Nerf Streamline darts are inaccurate in part because they have that hole near the tip to whistle and help give the tip easier compression, but it's horrible for aerodynamics.

You can pop in stronger springs, but you'll need to remove the air restrictors also. Otherwise, the spring will still be hindered.

Barrels do help accuracy a little, but they cause drag on the darts, so you lose speed in exchange.

Finally, you'll need to experiment with the hitting power of your darts on delicious flesh. Shooting 90 feet stock is still pretty damn hard coming out of the barrel, hard enough that it may sting at close range. So now you're upping the spring power and using bootleg darts which usually have harder tips (one reason why they shoot straighter).
>>
>>5797765
Most nerf blasters have an air restrictor, that limits the pressure regardless of the spring. It looks like a round base with three prongs coming up, youll need to remove this to get any benefits of stronger springs, and just removing this can often make a difference. Also if you add stronger springs, you might want some padding on the plunger face to reduce impact wear
>>
File: Operator 001.jpg (714KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Operator 001.jpg
714KB, 2304x1728px
i want a tri-strike but i don't want to drop 60 quid on it.
>>
>>5798200
>>5797936

I have stronger springs in a Retaliator and Rampage and they perform well above stock and the ARs are NOT removed. Sure, they may help, but having an AR doesn't totally remove spring benefit. That's just plainly false.

In fact, I'd recommend leaving ARs in to avoid breaking your gun eventually.
>>
>>5798643
It depends on the blaster. Muzzle-loading blasters typically have air restrictors with 3 prongs that the dart pushes down when you load them, opening the air valve. When the dart leaves the barrel, the prongs spring back, closing the air valve, meaning any remaining air pressure in the piston is wasted.
>>
>>5797936
Would plugging the hole with some glue or something improve accuracy or would I be better off not bothering and just buying better darts?
>>
>>5799032
Just buy better darts, it's like 10 bucks for 200 KOs. If you tried to glue all your darts, you'd probably end up making them even more uneven and wobbly when fired. It would also take a long time assuming you have tons of ammo.
>>
>>5799121
Where is a reputable source for good KO darts? Best I've found was 150 for 12 at Target on clearance.
>>
>>5799410

Go to eBay and type in "koosh darts" and it's literally the first one that pops up. There's another seller too, but you can select what color you want from them. Both sell 200 darts for $19.95.
>>
File: zoooooom in.jpg (196KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
zoooooom in.jpg
196KB, 1280x1024px
has anyone done sound mods on nerf guns? i think a roughcut with the bebop cola gun of bl2 would be fun, but i dont know where to start. randomizing callouts for different functions seems like it might be hard.
>>
>>5801060
You're honestly better off tacking a soundboard onto the gun's exterior or your arm and having it trigger random noises every time you pull the trigger with a complex mechanism or string or something.
>>
>>5801235
id think a phone with a gadget would do. but i have no idea where to start.
>>
>>5795807
>It would be impossible to ship.

It would just cost a lot.
>>
File: i spy with my little eye.jpg (435KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
i spy with my little eye.jpg
435KB, 3000x2250px
>>5801235
easy way, i was thinking of that nerf phone case attachment with a old itouch or somthing with some kind of app that plays sounds when it shakes and stops. but that means making an app or searching for a niche one.

hard way would be a programmable soundchip board with one wire set at an air restrictor for reload sounds,one for empty gun, one at the trigger, maybe one at the back for scoping noises. i looked up a programmable one but i dont know how i would program for random pools of dialog for different functions. its the chip programming i dont know how to do.
>>
So, I want a decent mega dart rifle. The Centurion is damn near exactly what I want, except they went with the reverse plunger on it so it's shit. Any way to change it to a direct plunger, or does the clip system rely on a reverse plunger? Should I just wait for future lines of mega blasters?
>>
>>5804249

>future mega blasters

They're killing off the line.
>>
>>5804249
If you want a clip-fed MEGA blaster, then Centurion is probably it. There doesn't seem to be a future clip-fed MEGA blaster since the Centurion sold like shit because it *was* shit. That said, all other MEGA blasters that came after it were nifty fun.
>>
>>5804249
The Canturion is probably the worst Mega blaster released, it's also the only one with a clip. But in addition to it having a reverse plunger, the absurd barrel length hinders the already weak dart shots, the lever pull is obnoxiously long and loud and it has a nasty habit of tearing up your darts.

Get a Rotorfury or the Mastadon (that things a beast), don't waste the time or effort on the Centurion.
>>
So I got a Slingfire on clearance at Target today for $20. There were six more of them for sale too. Did these things not sell well? Because I'm honestly having tons of fun with my Slingfire after I learned how to flip-cock it. My only gripe is it's harder to flip-cock if you give it an extended mag or an optic
>>5795796
There's a BST thread up right now. See if anyone will take them. Hell, I'm already interested in the Lawbringer, Zeus, Demolisher, and those two Rocket Red guns. How much would you sell them for individually?
>>
>>5804424
Oh fuck, really? That's awful, I loved the megas.

>>5805200
It's not as much the clip few aspect as the whole sniper rifle aesthetic. Sure, it's meaningless for nerf, but something just feels nice about launching things from large guns. Something something overcompensation

>>5805575
Yeah, I've already got the Rotofury, it's a very nice one despite a few issues I've had with mega darts not fitting. I read around a bit more on the centurion, and you're probably right. It has a plethora of other issues worse than the reverse plunger; definitely going to skip it. Might fit some custom made internals to make a beast of a pressure cannon, but that would function regardless of having a pretty case. No reason to bother for now.
>>
Anyone found a way to keep the Stratobow from skipping spots in the clip when you pull too quickly?
>>
>>5806726
I haven't been able to hold one yet, but would the Magstrike fix work for it?
>>
>>5808344
Duct tape on the sides of the clip? Not sure actually, I'll give it a shot
>>
>>5804424
Nerf employee lurker. You are dead wrong. Also the best mega this fall is the mega mastadon
>>
File: 1455629346-social.png (528KB, 847x470px) Image search: [Google]
1455629346-social.png
528KB, 847x470px
NOT
FOR
CHILDREN
>>
Picking up a gun from the rival series after work tonight, but I'm undecided. Which one should I get?
>>
>>5810759
I got the pullback one, its fun and not incredibly loud while firing. If you want an auto, wait for the lmg version with 40 rnd mag coming in third quarter this year imo
>>
>>5810759
Zeus > Apollo
Semi automatic goodness is fun but you might have some issues reloading
Or wait for the full auto one coming out
>>
I bought the Desolator from the other day, from Singapore. It's a pretty good blaster.
>>
>>5809699
Any insight on 2017 line?

How much is the Alien Menace line going to be expanded? Are we going to see more variety in the Rival line? Which line is currently the focus? How many more Impact Zone blasters are we going to see, or doomlands period since they only made 4 before coming out with a sub-series? And finally, is N-Strike Elite dying off, or is it going to be revitalised with some new blasters that don't have the new goofy, curvy look to them?

Pls respond
>>
Anyone have any experience hydrodipping? I want to give it a try, but not the marbled colors that people tend to do, actual printed designs. I know I need the film and the primer, but I frankly have no idea what to look for, specifically. Anyone want to point me in the right direction?
>>
So I'm craving to buy a nerf gun for the first time since I was a kid. What's a good model just for funsies? The local Walmart has the rival Zeus in clearance for 25 bucks, is that a good one?
>>
>>5819290
The Rival line is the most fun when you have multiple magazines/clips/whateverthefucktoycompanieswanttocallthem,it'sforkids, but a Zeus for $25 is something you shouldn't pass up. It has it's problem of weird mag loading, but that's something you can get used to. Go wild, anon.
>>
>>5819293
Alright, I'll buy a couple of extra clip things for it. Thanks, anon.
>>
Anyone used the TerraDrone? Is it any good?
I just got a rampage with the red dot sight, pretty fun knocking down soda cans.
>>
>>5819522
That drone is just really useless, might as well try to get an RC car and attach a nerf gun to it.
>>
>>5819522
It's loud, slow, clunky, not very powerful and hard to aim.

But it's still a remote controlled nerf shooting robot. Cool for a display piece or screwin around with pets, but not really worth the price tag.
>>
Atlas is interesting. Not sure how I exactly feel about it yet. Have had mine for a few days.
>>
>>5820434
The new rival stuff is out? I really want to see a big rival scene in Aus, we dont get airsoft, so its the best thing we have for milsim type things
>>
>>5821190
Is Rival even legal in the People's Republic of Australia? I know they already have to neuter some regular nerf guns in order to sell there, I can't imagine Rival guns being sold there as-is
>>
>>5821240
They need to be imported :(. This is the price we pay for not having our schools and cinemas shot up all the time i guess
>>
>>5821254
Yeah, thank God for the gangs not having access to those high capacity assault foam ball launchers
>>
>>5821297
Not sure about you seppos, but im not thrilled by the idea of having gang members balls hitting me in the face
>>
Doing some custom work and I just realized that I have no idea how to apply a wood grain texture to a curved surface, like a nerf gun. Its easy enough on anything flat, but I can't imagine the wood grainer tool would have good results on a nerf gun. Anyone done this successfully?
>>
I just got a 35 round drum for my rampage, and I think it's spring is weak.
It gets stuck if I just push it in with my finger, and if I lean it so the darts have to go upwards, they won't feed.
Even horizontally, at the last few, it'll jam.
Anyone know what spring I need to replace it with?
The replacement looks easy enough, but I can't find what spring I need.
Otherwise I guess I'll just be stuck returning it.
>>
>>5810364
How heavy are those balls, anyway?
>>
I just picked up a rayven at a thrift store and its all working and stuff but obviously stock.
Is there any point modding it beyond getting some better batteries?
Like, is replacing the wiring and shit needed?
Don't have any experience with modding nerf guns.
>>
>>5816285
>Any insight on 2017 line?
>How much is the Alien Menace line going to be expanded?
My bet is one big alien blaster and one medium size that may or may not be battery-powered

>Are we going to see more variety in the Rival line?
I would like to see a Snapfire 8 but in Rival

>Which line is currently the focus?
Modulus for good reasons

>How many more Impact Zone blasters are we going to see, or doomlands period since they only made 4 before coming out with a sub-series?
I'd bet at least one more, at least a concept of one

>And finally, is N-Strike Elite dying off, or is it going to be revitalised with some new blasters that don't have the new goofy, curvy look to them?
N-Strike Elite will still be around as long as people still play FPS games, unless it already evolved into the Modulus line
>>
>>5816285
I'm back, and I can't disclose nearly any of that. But currently Alien Menace is a retailer exclusive for the time being and there are plans to continue all of our current lines while updating a few into new branding. Sorry, but I really can't say more.
>>
>>5825094
>>5824044
>>5816285
I guess I can go into a little more detail. 2017 has some really exciting stuff in the pipeline, and I wish we would make material public sooner for it. Keep an eye on Doomlands, Modulus, Impact Zone, and Rival next year for some insane stuff. I don't get a kickback and posting this here is risky enough- but there are products coming out in 2017 that are going to blow you away. Heck, I'd reccomend staying away from 2016 stuff just to save up for next year's lineup.

Also, if your local stores still carry the rotating barrel Zombie Strike Doominator, pick that up. It's the best thing on the shelf right now in my opinion.
>>
are there any nerf gun with a clipper strip?
or something like the assault rifle 15?
>>
File: Apollo 002.jpg (706KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Apollo 002.jpg
706KB, 2304x1728px
Christ this thing is lethal.

Can't wait for the Atlas.
>>
>>5825102
Hope this is true.
>>
>>5805841
I've bought two slingfires so far and ended up cannibalizing both for their stocks to use in mods.
>>
>>5825716
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>5825716
No stripper clips, though the magnus has an integrated magazine, rapidstrike is closest to an ar
>>
>modulus accessories
>10 euro per piece
why.jpg
>>
Holy shit the range master is nice. Useless for wars/hvz but fun as hell. The fucker can shoot farther and more accurately than anything else I have. If it fired mega darts, it would be exactly the gun I've always wanted
>>
Anyone know what size spring and o-ring a 35 round drum uses?
>>
File: Modulus 001.jpg (768KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Modulus 001.jpg
768KB, 2304x1728px
>>5831610
start saving now boy
>>
>>5833357
I already have Modulus (got the last one in my Tesco for only 30 euro before last Christmas) and few accessories packs.

But yesterday I was in E. Leclerc and they had those single accessories for 10 euro each.
I think there were laser pointer, flashlight and small blaster that could be mounted on a bottom rail.
>>
>>5833754
Saw those today at Target for $7.99 each. The "laser" pointer is just a focused red light I believe. The flashlight seemed kind of blah, and the 2-shot blaster was kinda interesting. Not really interested in any of them, but at least they're functional instead of cosmetic like barrel extensions and scopes (which I do love anyway).

Also saw the new Doomlands blasters. Honestly thought I would love the new ones with in white color scheme, but up close and in hand, they seemed kinda cheap and smaller than expected.
>>
>>5834293
One this that's been bothering me is that almost no blaster outside of Elite and Modulus lines actually uses barrel/stock.

I think out of the whole Zombie line only crossbow allowed you to attach the stock.
>>
>>5834620
Original N-Strike did, and the tactical Super Soakers too.
>>
Holy shit, finally decided to pick up the buzzbee sentinel

I thought it was just a meme, but what a glorious gun

Probably wouldn't be allowed in my school's hvz because it hits harder than Nerf, but it's super accurate and satisfying to shoot
>>
>>5836951
Try bringing it and see if they allow it. At best, they'd probably scoff at you because "hurr Buzzbee" and let you in anyways.
>>
>>5833754
>>5834293
The small frontgrip/blaster is good.

The others are just meh.
>>
complete and total scrub question

Will rain screw up a paint job? It's been dried for days, but I'm gonna war on Saturday and it's supposed to rain
>>
>>5837863
Did you topcoat?
>>
>>5837866

As in clear coat? Not yet, but there's several good coats of the main colors already
>>
>>5837900
Clear Coat and Topcoat are different. A clear coat helps balance out the color paint without mixing in more colors, topcoat is the final sealing process
>>
>>5837914

Uh, no then. Not even sure how to go about that.
>>
>>5837863
If you give the paint job sufficient time for thoroughly dry, it should hold up in rain. Laying on a top coat just improves the paint job's durability. I sometimes ignore the top coat because fuck it, I'm not painting the Mona Lisa (and I'm also a bit impatient).
>>
>>5795807
What would you want for the whole lot? Shipping to ohio
>>
Is the centurion worth it? My kid and i have our hearts set on it. Is it overhyped
>>
>>5839488
Yes. It rips up darts, loud as hell for no reason, slowly tears itself apart by the unnecessary movements the internals make, and needlessly long. If you want a big Mega gun, the Mastodon or even the Rotofury are much much more worthwhile. If you just have to have a bolt-slide sniper, the new Modulus gun with the missile launcher and mega dart barrel shooter is great.
>>
>>5839497
Yea its mainly the length and bolt action i like. I think being loud as hell is cool too. Also the 50$ price point is good. But i keep hearing its junk
>>
>>5839497
>>5839506
>loud as hell for no reason
It's loud because the plastic on the inside is grinding against itself.

It's a waste of $50.
>>
>>5839511
What would you recomend in that price range. Preferably no magazine they dont work with my dollar store darts
>>
I've been into collecting NERF guns for the past year or two, and while I've been getting super into it, I just can't get into Rival, for the same reasons why I couldn't get into Vortex:

Aesthetics.

Sure, the balls/discs may fly farther, faster, are heavier, can ricochet off walls, and glow in the dark or whatever, but it doesn't change the primary draw to NERF today: Feeling like you're holding a gun that fires bullets.

Vortex all looked like toys. Taking much inspiration from soft-science fiction fantasy, they all looked like "alien" guns and "laser blasters" and such. The discs just reminded me of those battery-operated disc-launcher guns of yesteryear that you'd find in dollar stores and cheap toy stores.

Furthermore, while the NERF discs could fly much farther than micro darts at the time, it was also because they were very floaty, and traveled slower. It didn't feel like they made the same impact on a hit.

I'm kind of getting similar vibes from Rival, but in the opposite direction. While NERF guns have an extra level of entertainment in that it really feels like you're loading cartridge-shaped rounds into chambers and magazines of guns that look, feel, and function like the real-world guns we see in movies and video games all the time, complete with realistic attachments for customization, it seems that the Rival line was designed strictly with function/performance in mind.

For example, >>5827064. It doesn't really look like a gun at all. It looks more like a hair dryer. But that's the point. In design, they weren't trying to make it look and feel like a cool gun, they were trying to make something that would fire a soft projectile as far and fast as safely possible. This seems to be the focus of the entire Rival line.

cont...
>>
>>5839558
>cont...

In that sense, it's almost as if NERF is moving away from the "airsoft for kids" direction and more towards the "paintball for kids" direction.

The appeal of airsoft is mainly that the guns look and feel real, so you can pretend you're a cowboy or soldier or zombie apocalypse survivor or something while shooting your friends in a park, field, or backyard. Paintball is a very much more regulated and structured form of entertainment, requiring strict form and functionality of gear, equipment, and even playing field, only being allowed to engage in play at designated playing fields (that you usually have to pay a hefty fee to rent for a time), using designated paintball markers (guns that look more like '90s super soakers) and designated protective gear.

While paintball offers a more regulated form of play with clear rules and distinct games, it fails to offer that "roleplaying" element that makes airsoft and NERF so fun, the feeling that you're running around shooting a gun, not running around playing a sport/game.

I hope NERF realizes this and doesn't forget that form is just as important to their customers as function. While yes, everyone wants guns that fire harder and ammo that flies farther and faster, people still want to feel like they're using their favorite real-life-counterpart weapons from their favorite action media.

I mean, that's the whole reason NERF saw their biggest popularity/sales spike with the N-Strike line. It finally felt like guns and bullets instead of "foam ball launchers".
>>
>>5839570
Bravo
Bravo. Well said
>>
File: Combo 004.jpg (724KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Combo 004.jpg
724KB, 2304x1728px
this stock is better than expected.
>>
>>5840704
I've never understood people putting tacticool shit on the retal prime. Must really get in the way and slow down rate of fire
>>
Anyone used the Worker 22 round clips?
Are they any good?
>>
>>5839570
The Zeus looks like a Spartan laser, the Khaos is super cool to hold. The Apollo is just weird, and I haven't gotten my hands on an Atlas just yet.

Rival is great, though. If you don't like the way the blaster looks, you can just paint it up- a little dry brushing and whatnot could really help them out. The form of the shell won't change but maybe it would look better in a darker color.
>>
>>5841068
Especially when you put a sight or whatever on the priming slide.
>>
I want to get and mod a stryfe, but am not sure where to get some FK-180s.
I'm also not sure if the FK-180s are worth it over rhinos.
Any advice?
>>
>>5839558
>>5839570
I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to make. Nerf isn't abandoning anything. Dart Tag, N-Strike, Vortex, Rebelle, Rival, etc... they all coexist together. That selection allows you to buy whatever design that tickles your fancy. Sometimes you get tired of CoD and want to blow up aliens. I rather like most of the different series. Vortex was pretty great, except that it required a little investment since the ammo wasn't as cheap as plain ol darts.
>>
>>5841068
It looks better. That's the only reason. Putting a sight on the barrel extension is more functional as you still have full access to the slide and the sight remains in place. That's what I do for my Retaliator
>>
Is putting the internals from a singled titan into another case really worth it? I can't imagine it would be very functional, given the difference in priming method, but goddamn I just want a longstrike that hits like a singled titan
>>
File: 1445063512751s.jpg (2KB, 92x125px) Image search: [Google]
1445063512751s.jpg
2KB, 92x125px
>>5831610
You know why
>>
>FAVORITE BLASTER
>SHORT WAR STORY
>>
>>5839558
>>5839570

No offense, but I entirely and utterly disagree. I mean, have you seen >>5810364? You can look at that and honestly say that beast doesn't look like something some Tacticool Spec-ops wannabe wouldn't carry into a fight in some Syfy B-movie? The blaster in the OP is another example of how the Rival stuff bumps up the wanna-be tacticool look as it *looks* more badass then it actually is. The Rival line is certainly aimed more towards the "Alternative Sports", older teen crowd, but it's still firmly rooted in the "these guns look cool" ideas Nerf is known for.

On the opposite end, Nerf has been flooding the shelves with some monstrous and awesome looking dart launchers. The entire Modulus line is dream come true for people who like kitting out their blasters with superfluous accessories. They have an entire line of guns that look like they're hobbled together from spare parts found during a zombie apocalypse. There's a of guns that look like something from 20 years into the future for people who want that tinge of Sci-fi in their blasters. They have blasters aimed directly at girls because why not.

Hasbro isn't forgetting what makes Nerf popular, they're expanding on it. Because these things didn't get popular on looks alone, without great performance to match their varied aesthetics, no one would care about these guns.

Also, I call BS on people being able to play Airsoft in the park while only being able to play paintball at fields. You go out in public with an Airsoft rifle, and people WILL call the cops. Most people who play Airsoft do it in empty areas or at professional fields and locations. The same places people play paintball. And I've never been to any field that charged more then 20 bucks for the day.
>>
>>5848641
elite alpha trooper.
>hvz game in Ohio
>overextending from my squad because I like some danger
>chasin' some zombies through a park
>there's a building corner that spooks me but whatevs
>run past anyway
>wall kinda like this /\/\/\
>2 zombies run out of hollow
>take em down
>2 more
>sigh
>2 more
>damn this is getting scary
>2 more
>ENGAGE SLAM FIRE
It was insane how many they managed to fit into the wall niches. Thank God for my good ol EAT
>>
>>5848641
Hammershot

>sit at home modding guns because no nerf scene around me
>nearest hvz is across the state and infrequent

Michigan is suffering
>>
>>5848641
Hammershot
>best friend arranges a day for 10 of us to just shoot darts at each other
>local Target has Zombiestrike line on deep price cut
>buy 10 hammershots and shitty holsters, along with the hammershot and holster I already have
>roll up with 11 holsters hanging off my belt
>friend literally says "What the fuck"
>the entire time, I'm mouthing off Revolver Ocelot quotes
>the other 4 guys in my team start calling themselves the Ocelot Unit
>friend keeps getting annoyed because I technically don't have to reload because I have 55 shots ready to go and I've soloed with just a single hammershot before
>win 3/4s of the time
Nothing interesting happens where I live, so I toss things up whenever we do finally arrange something.
>>
>>5849299
I know that feeling, I got a trunk full of blasters that work and a car full of ones that don't and I really have nothing to do with em. I wouldn't even know where to start looking for a Nerf group meet up that isn't all college kids on a college campus.

Though if I did find other people to play with, I'd probably want to invest money into some good tacticool-ish gear and I really can't afford to do that right now so maybe it's for the best.
>>
>>5849362
>10 friends
>10 new Hammershots

I thought you were being a bro and outfitting the whole party.

BUT NO! 11 HAMMERSHOTS, ALL FOR ME!
>>
>>5849662
Just get a plate carrier, wear a polo shirt and some khakis and you're a private military contractor.
>>
>>5849877
>>friend literally says "What the fuck"
>>
>>5849877
>being surprised that there's any amount of a-holeism in the nerf hobby at all
I saw one guy go to a campus HvZ with 4 Rapidstrikes just for himself, and had his personal goon squad to carry most of the 18-dart magclipamajiggers for him while they themselves used Hailfires. Needless to say, they were virtually untouchable and were spouting off insults at any zombie looking their way.

I would personally just go straight for Strongarms if I did that strat or supplying a group because half of the people I meet don't have big enough hands/long enough thumbs to comfortably prime the Hammershot with either one or two hands, and even maining a Hammershot is fairly ridiculous in the first place.
>>
>>5849877
>implying forming the Ocelot Unit isn't already bro-tier
>>
>>5849894
>>5849925
>>5849929
Nah, I have no problem with Hammershot guy. I just thought it was funny, like that joke where a guy orders a huge list of dishes at a restaurant, then turns to his acquaintance and asks "And what are you gonna have?"
>>
File: [].jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
[].jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>5849362
>>5849877
>>5849942
>check out all of these guns I bought
>ah, cool bruh
>I'm gonna fucking destroy you with them tho
>bruh what the fuck
I'm not even mad. I'd totally do the same thing.
>>
>>5849362

That's the funniest fucking thing I've read all week holy shit
>>
What if we sawed the stock off a Desolator?

I know it's got the battery tray in it, but I'm sure it can be moved.
>>
>>5850935
>What if we sawed the stock off a Desolator?
You'd get a Stryfe.
>>
No-battery recommendations for:
- revolver
- pump action shot gun
- assault rifle (semi auto)

Bought a Doublestrike and it broke in five minutes. I want one gun to keep around for a year
>>
File: 20160811_212131.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160811_212131.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
so I fucked around for an hour or so and decided this would be a nice nerf design

the stock took forever to get right
>>
Anyone tried a Hyperfire? I've heard conflicting reports about it jamming.
The main issue seems to be the jam door, so I can just mod that to not trigger, right?
>>
>>5851256
Hammershot
Roughcut
As for assault rifle... Nothing without a battery will be semi auto. If you're stuck in batteryless, the Elite Alpha Trooper is one of the best. If you're willing to give in and use a battery, the stryfe is the most widely used semi auto. Its small, but accepts stock attachments like most nstrike guns
>>
>>5848641

Retaliator

Me and my best friend started Nerf'ing with a group of like 15-20 in late 2011. In the earliest days, we dreamed up this ridiculous "prophecy" that involved a war to end all wars. This too-good-for-this-world scenario where it would come down to me and him in a battle for the ages, and we would kill each other at once. The battlefield's two most fierce warriors would fall to each other in battle, thus bringing an end to war. We were intentionally all dramatic and nerdy about it, it was fun. We figured it was too good to ever happen, but in May of 2014, it finally happened.

Teams were split into 3s as we closed out the night, so we had all sorts of different teams against each other. It came down to my team and his team in the end. He charged me with a sword and shield, and I jumped as high as I could and spiked down my little plastic throwing knife down over his shield (it was late war so I was out of ammo). He slashed my legs, my knife hit him in the back. The fabled double kill the prophecy depicted had finally happened. We remembered it nearly immediately and collapsed into an embrace. It was the gayest shit I've ever taken part in but it was so cool.

We actually didn't nerf for more than a year after that. Mainly because life got in the way, but we teased that it was best we didn't spoil the "prophecy." We picked up Nerf again in October 2015, and still do it to this day, but we refer to it as "Nerf GT" because only 2011-2014 should be regarded as "canon"
>>
Anyone else here Nerf with some pansy ass babies?

>Someone said a lipo'd stryfe "stung too badly" once
>Someone literally complained that a 5KG Retaliator shot too far and it wasn't fair
>The majority of our players have modded stuff/tacticool gear, but really casual guys show up with jolts and get beaten then get mad and complain about everyone "taking it too seriously"
>>
>>5850947
But it would be a really cool looking stryfe, right?
>>
>>5851548
It will absolutely jam if you use overworn darts. As long as your darts are in good condition, it won't jam. You should be more worried about the drum it comes with feeding properly.
>>
>>5852737
That's subjective.

I don't think I'd prefer it any more than the Stryfe if you hacked off the stock, but with the stock I think it's superbly charming and it's my favorite Doomlands gun thus far.
>>
>>5851548
I think the feeding mechanism is actually housed in the "Jam door". It's a conveyor belt type loader, so the jamming issue seems to come from the belt's tooth not properly pushing the next dart into the flywheels.

New, good condition darts seem to work fine, but anything worn or slightly dented will most likely misfire.
>>
>>5852737
It's like a Stryfe if you couldn't attach your own stock or barrel extension to.
>>
>>5852746
>>5852954
Alright, that shouldn't be a problem, I'll just make sure to use my new darts with it.
>>
File: 1468702165600.png (97KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468702165600.png
97KB, 640x640px
I've been remembering a blaster I had as a kid that was a revolver with dark green body and orange "scope". I remember it looking like the Maverick. The box had a kool kid with sunglasses aiming it. Bought at Target. I haven't been able to find a single image of it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Am I crazy?
>>
>>5852762
>>5853222
As for barrel extensions, you could just replace the tip with one that accepts them too. Stocks don't matter for sidearms.

I wanna see one, you know? I think it could look really cool, stylized properly.
>>
>>5852606
In my group there is no pain tolerance ceiling as long as you aren't putting tacks in your darts or something. We can use the Voberry/Vodberry style darts with the hard tips, which is great because I love them and have about 400.
>>
>>5853291

I'll see if I can figure out what the fuck it was. Around what year do you think it was when you would have bought it?
>>
>>5853539
I believe it was closer to 2000 than 1995 or 2005. And I think it was mostly teal. I've gone through everything I could find listed on nerf.wikia and searched a bunch of other stuff.
>>
>>5853291
>>5853539
>>5853556
Found it!
>>
>>5851256

For 'revolver '>>5851858

For 'pump action shotgun', find yourself the Doomlands Vagabond.

For 'assault rifle', try the Doomlands Impact Zone Desolator.
>>
Why is the Lawbringer so expensive? From its size it looks like it should be the same price as a Retaliator or something.

Also is it true they fixed the Recon MkII or does it still not fit some magazines?
>>
Is there any recommended place to get a bunch of 18 magazines?
>>
File: Kongou7.jpg (88KB, 850x617px) Image search: [Google]
Kongou7.jpg
88KB, 850x617px
>>5854669
>Also is it true they fixed the Recon MkII or does it still not fit some magazines?

>One easy way to tell between the recalled and fixed version of the the Recon MKII is to look at the barrel extension mod. The pre-recalled mod will have tac rails, while the fixed model will have ribbing underneath the barrel.

>However this may not always be the case as some models will have the ribbing but still unable to accept drums.

tldr yes and no
>>
So, as a result of the spring being the same, does the lawbringer have approximately the same performance as the hammershot?
>>
>>5854685
I got 6 of them by buying out a 35.99 rapid strike deal on targets website.

Each rapidstrike came with two clear 18 mags

Cost me like 100 bucks for 6 of them, but thats pretty much what you pay for them

You can always go with the 20-22 round worker mags.
>>
>>5855359
Practically.

Watch any youtube reviewer who uses a chronograph and you'll see

Try coop he always posts chronograph averages
>>
File: Recon 002.jpg (667KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Recon 002.jpg
667KB, 2304x1728px
>>5854669
>>5854729
Just picked this up from Smyths.

It's got the rail, but happily takes the 10-round Rapidstrike mag and the 35-round Drum.
>>
File: download.jpg (59KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
59KB, 1200x1200px
Looking for a good light gun to use for Humans vs Zombies this fall. I want something small and that I can use one handed.

I think the Hammershot is looking like a good choice. But something semi-auto would be neat too.
>>
>>5856196
Hammershot's nice. Feels good.

Just use a Stryfe like everyone else.
>>
>>5856221
Why does every place have solid orange Stryfe's I thought they were blue.

Are there any other good semi-auto ones you can have as a pistol?
>>
>>5856196
Hammer shot is great, Feels good and has a surprising punch to it,

>>5856221
Stryfe will get you killed in HVZ
you CAN NOT wait for spin-up before shooting, Springs is the way to go.
>>
>>5856261
Idk, stock strife may take a second, but modded has nearly no delay. Yeah, the spin up sorta sucks, but compared to priming each shot, it's easy. Its just a trade-off between reaction time and fire rate
>>
File: 81xm3-IAooL._SL1500_.jpg (198KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81xm3-IAooL._SL1500_.jpg
198KB, 1500x1500px
>>5856257
Blue Stryfes are discontinued. The orange ones are better since the dart detection problem in the blue version is fixed, to an extent.
>>
>>5856261
I tossed my rev trigger and wired in a toggle switch to mine. Is that retarded, or no?
>>
>>5857277
Probably retarded. It's how the Barricades were wired and it was annoying, having it constantly running like a banshee, wasting battery life. If you're opening the blaster up to rewire a switch, you might as well instead rewire everything and remove the unnecessary components for improved current flow.
>>
File: 1456963168540.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
1456963168540.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>get off work
>hit up a wally world that's kind of hidden away
>checking out clearance section
>see Rival Khaos
>really been wanting it but can't justify the ridiculous prices it goes for
>no way that's in the right spot
>price check it anyways
>$45
>see Atlases marked down to $35

Fuck, didn't those blasters come out like a few weeks ago? I got a Khaos for cheap so I'm happy, but goddamn.
>>
>>5856196
If it's a secondary, I wouldn't get something complicated that can jam//ail.
Get the Rebelle Sweet Revenge. Functionally identical to Hammershot, but has fewer snag points.
>>
>>5857552
Not them, but you're talking about the shell, right? The Sweet Revenge is a better holster blaster, but I keep my guns on slings and Hammershots are more plentiful, so it works out better in my case.
>>
Is the Slingfire good ?
>>
>>5858611
No.
>>
>>5858611

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPfE7yPwBo
>>
>>5858611
Practical? No. It jams semi-frequently, you have to push the lever all the way or it'll get stuck, and only comes with a 6 dart mag.

Fun? Yes. It's fun to run around with a "scattergun", so to speak if you're a fan of Team Fortress 2 or lever action in general. Also, flipping the gun with the lever crank is really badass, especially if you have two.
>>
>>5858611
It's not bad, but it's not "the best". Get it for fun, but not for serious competitions.

>>5858656
It's always weird watching a reviewers older stuff before they really form their style. While he still gives all the same kind of info, he's gotten so much more comfortable on camera and has a lot more fun with things. Probably my favorite nerf reviewer mainly because he doesn't do as much "guess" work as a lot of others.
>>
I've never fiddled with a flywheel gun before.

What kind of mods do you want to throw on a Stryfe?
>>
>>5859783
Beefier motors, better batteries (lipos) to power the motors, rewire everything to handle the beefier motors and batteries because the wires and components in a stock blaster is bottom-of-the-line and designed for safety rather than performance.
>>
Why foam instead of lasers?
>>
>>5851256
>Hammerstrike
>Rough Cut or Elite Alpha Trooper
>Stryfe with any accessories
>>
>>5858611
As someone who owns a Slingfire, here's my honest opinion: it's basically awesome but impractical.

Sure, it's fun as hell to flip-cock it but that's really all it's good for. It's awkward to hold, it gets stuck if you don't cock it fully (which happened to me whenever I tried to cock it one-handed), there's little modability options besides optics, mags/drums, and maybe sawing off the stock, and that flip-cocking gimmick becomes difficult the higher capacity mag/drum you put on it.

Despite all that, it's still fun as hell to use in casual fights and LARPs, but it will get you killed in HVZ/Nerf wars even if you're a pro with it
>>
Picked up a rapidstrike today, given how popular they are for modding, but I haven't don't much on flywheel blasters aside from paintjobs and removing that stupid rubber dart skirt thing. Should I deck out a Stryfe first to get a handle on things, or is replacing the motors/battery/wiring on the rapidstrike rather easy?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_2JBJuUYHs

>tfw that's me
>>
Grabbed a retaliator today, awesome gun

So if you don't have anyone to play Nerf with...what can you do with your guns?
>>
>>5862204
I lost it when he pulled out his secondary, and it also had a chainsaw.

When they had the chainsaws on 75% clearance, I should have bought more than one....
>>
My Stryfe broke in a spirited game. Should I replace it with another stryfe or is there another gun that's come out in the last 3 or so years you guys think i'd like more? How are the rival guns, for example?
>>
>>5862463
Wank off your fps and dps.
>>
>>5862463
Try to shoot targets with Elite Dart's ridiculous spread.
>>
>>5862463
Now you know what it's like to own a firearm.
>>
Streamlined Suction Elites... Yea or nay?
How much fps am I looking to lose here?
>>
>>5865218
I bought a set when they first came out. I didn't like them because they lacked suction, which made them pointless. Maybe they've had a revision since then, I dunno.
>>
File: Desolator.jpg (381KB, 1580x972px) Image search: [Google]
Desolator.jpg
381KB, 1580x972px
So is the Desolator just a Stryfe with a stock?

Are they good for Humans vs Zombies?

Right now all I have is a Hammershot, but I need a bit more firepower for our larger events, and having a magazine fed gun would be choice.
>>
>>5862811
Imo, you should always have a Stryfe, but recently they've released many Stryfe "reshelled" blasters with different gimmicks, the Demolishor is a Stryfe with a Missile launcher built in, the Modulus is a Stryfe with an absurd amount of tac-rails, the Desolator is a Stryfe with a more Sci-fi look. Hell, they even came out with an oversized Stryfe with a built in crappy cam.

Really, just get a new Stryfe, because all the other comparable blasters are essentially the same thing, just with added gimmicks you may or may not enjoy.

>>5865415
Essentially, yes.

That said, I'm not too crazy about the doomlands specific mags. I would've preferred if they just stuck with the current mag types already available. I mean, they are all interchangeable, but with the Doomlands ones, you'll have that one magazine with their weird base piece that doesn't hold as much as your stick mags...and that just seems silly.
>>
File: Recon 001.jpg (695KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Recon 001.jpg
695KB, 2304x1728px
patiently waiting on the Tri-strike coming out over here~
>>
I got 40$, what should i get?
>>
File: mattel nerf gun.jpg (58KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
mattel nerf gun.jpg
58KB, 800x450px
>>5867513
Get this when it comes out.

I fell in love with it.
spits them out like an automatic gun by holding the trigger and it makes that cool silencer sound you hear in the movies.
>>
>>5867535
That's probably the first Boomco gun I'd actually want to buy....and I don't even like Halo.

>>5866608
I know most attachments are silly and useless, but I still love how they make a blaster look like a whole new gun. I kind of want to grab a Recon mkII just to do a pump action mod to it, because it sort of looks like an AA12 when it's all modded up.
>>
>>5867535
>>5867852
Be warned: this thing isn't a springer, it requires repeatedly pumping into an air bladder like retro Nerf guns. Literally why
>>
>>5867876
If it allows full auto fire (or even semi-auto) without batteries, then sure.
If not, then yeah, kinda lame.
>>
>>5867892
>>5867876
IT fires 3 round clips and you can hold the trigger until it releases all the darts.
It doesn't shoot as far as a Nerf does, but it is more accurate, at least according to the guy that was demoing it for me.
I wasn't allowed to pump it and could only fire it at a wall like 5 feet away from me.
>>
Is the Spectre nice for plinking about the house? I like the barrel and stock (even if the stock is garbage).
>>
>>5868133
It's certainly not a great blaster, but it makes me feel like Solid Snake if he took up a revolver, stock aside of course.

It's definitely more worth it than the Doomlands Longarm in terms of 5-shot popout-chamber revolvers.
>>
>>5867876
I'm aware of that, but after seeing some reviews of it in action, it certainly seems worth it.

>>5867892
>>5868007
At full pressure (about 30 pumps iirc) it can unload one of the larger Boomco clips in one trigger pull. The distance won't even compare to a good nerf blaster, but the RoF and general accuracy of the darts is impressive. It comes with two 6 round clips and can store one in the stock, but it can take the larger clips without issue.

The sideflap is also a very clever and appreciated touch as it hides the feeding chamber on one side so you can still use it as a prop display. Honestly, my biggest gripe with the thing is that the barrel is actually just decorative as the darts fire out from a large gaping hole right under it. I understand this might help performance...but it still looks weird.

>>5868136
As a blaster, the Specter is crap...but getting the blue barrel attachment is worth it alone. Not only is it one of the better barrels, looks wise, it's also one of the better ones performance wise as it's so large inside the barrel it doesn't really affect dart velocity all that much.
>>
>tfw no belt-fed Nerf HMG
>tfw no Nerf minigun

It hurts to live.

>>5856011
Nice Nerf Mars-Pattern Boltgun, Space Marine.
[spoiler]Also, those dubs.[/spoiler]
>>
>>5865284
I actually get a noname pack of 200 for like 10 burgers off Amazon. S'all right.
>>
File: vulcan_alpha.png (438KB, 733x623px) Image search: [Google]
vulcan_alpha.png
438KB, 733x623px
>>5869376
>tfw no belt-fed Nerf HMG

Yes there is.
>>
>>5869870
Holy God-Emperor, my dick. I simply must have one.

They any good, or am I better off with something else?
>>
>>5869949
It was the first modern automatic nerf, it barely had any power behind it. The Rhino fire is arguably better, but then the Rapidstrike is better than the Rhinofire
>>
>>5870016
Curious.
>>
>>5869949
>>5870016
They were pretty bad, esp considering modern Nerf. The main drawback was that the feeding mechanism was complicated and you had to load each dart into individual holder. So yuo blew your load, then spent the next couple of minutes reloading the belt.

But it was the first, and everything had to start somewhere, and by looks alone it was still awesome. You could pick these up at quality thrift stores for $5 each.
>>
>>5870025
technology marches on.
>>
>>5870347
>>5870351
Good info. I'll likely end up sticking to a mag fed nerf for now.
>>
Is there some decently cheap place to snag a Rayven? Amazon is my goto because prime, but all the Rayvens there seem to be expensive as fuck
>>
>>5849362
>10 shots
>more than enough to kill anything that moves

i hope you meowed your friends over to force someone to duel you, you glorious bastard.
>>
File: download.jpg (13KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 450x450px
>>5869376
>>tfw no Nerf minigun
What
>>
>>5871539
i think he wants a gun that actually works, and won't jam 100% of the time.
>>
File: zAmNFRvQrmseCzKYRQMbA7E8RA4Ham.jpg (25KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
zAmNFRvQrmseCzKYRQMbA7E8RA4Ham.jpg
25KB, 512x288px
Guys, got a new stampede for 40 bucks. Is it a cool gun? Do I always need batteries to shoot, or is it a way to manually spring it?

Tell me about your experiences with the gun, please.
>>
>>5871627
>Is it a cool gun?
Yes, but not practical for wars
>Do I always need batteries to shoot
You will need batteries.
>>
>>5871641
I don't intend to use it ina war, just shoot my gf until she cries.
>>
>>5871658
Its a good gun for you then.
>>
>>5871641
Why is it not practical for wars, though?
>>
>>5871665
Its old and doesn't shot far
>>
File: 20160823_154910.jpg (398KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20160823_154910.jpg
398KB, 1280x720px
Found at my local TRU today for $49.99. Isn't this not due until December or something? A little smaller than I preferred, but not on he levels of the carbine.
>>
Is the Stockade good just for fun? I like the stock.
>>
>>5870426
So that's a no? Fuck, I want to make a Strayven, but not for that price
>>
Picked up two recons, two 6 round mags, and a barrel for 7 bux. All locks are gone, the plunger is padded, and the AR has been drilled out.

Now about the O ring... if I plug the other end so it doesn't move, but it freefalls otherwise is that good?
>>
>>5871665
It's got a slow RoF, it's incredibly heavy and it doesn't even shoot that far. It's a beastly looking blaster and was impressive when it was new, but without extensive mods, it's not viable for actual competitions.

Nowadays the Rapidstrike, which is also a mag-fed, full auto blaster, is superior in every possible way.

>>5872284
If it's just for modding, your best bet is ebay. You should be able to find a lot or junker and scavage the shell. Sadly the Rayven was a *very* pretty looking blaster that didn't see the same amounts of distribution as other blasters. Meaning lots of people want one, but it's hard to come by them.

>>5871961
Most blasters are good for fun, and the stockade was cool because it was essentially the first Flywheel blaster in the line. Much like all the other older blasters, it's outclassed in competitive areas, but it still packs enough of a pop to make chasing friends/family/pets around the house endlessly entertaining.
>>
>>5872284
Rayvens are out of production, so retailers are selling them at outrageous prices. Your best bet then becomes ebay junkers and thrift stores, though I've never seen one.

>>5871961
I like the Barricade/Stockade. It's a neat 10-shot semiauto revolver. The only thing I didn't like was the loooong trigger pull.
>>
File: IMG_20160824_150239.jpg (414KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160824_150239.jpg
414KB, 1632x1224px
>tfw tacticool as fuck retaliator but noone to play with
i wish nerf was more popular in [spoiler]germany[/spoiler]

>>5872284
i regularly see rayvens on ebay. they sell for about 50-70€ in my area. are there any thrift stores in your area? maybe you're lucky and you can find a cheap one there.
>>
File: 1345500565506.jpg (17KB, 473x355px) Image search: [Google]
1345500565506.jpg
17KB, 473x355px
>TFW may finally after what seems like an eternity get a hold of a Longshot and Longstrike

why are these so hard to get?
>>
>>5873320

>tfw my blue longshot is in close to pristine condition and has an immortal OMW kit installed

feels gud. I don't even use it, it's just more of a trophy at this point.
>>
>>5871545
Boomco Colossal Blitz?
>>
>>5873130
which scope is that?
>>
File: tennisblaster.jpg (154KB, 1412x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tennisblaster.jpg
154KB, 1412x1500px
Anyone been tempted to bring one of these to a Nerf gun battle?
>>
>>5873758

It's the Clear Shot scope, it's a blaster in the Zombie Strike Z.E.D. squad sub-line which was a target exclusive line for a while.

It looks nice, but like every other scope, ultimately useless.

I wish they'd re-use the ladder sight more often, at least that had at least a small amount of purpose. And it makes no sense that Hasbro still has yet to release a single scope that actually has magnification. Even those cheap-o dollar store binoculars can magnify even a small amount. Even if it doesn't help your accuracy, it would be nice to have a small telescope you can attach to your blaster imo.
>>
>>5794965
which Nerf gun is the most *fun,* /toy/?

<-this and the Strongarm are my winners. the actions involved in reloading, priming, and shooting, the clickiness, everything
>>
File: HiResSledgeFire[1].png (363KB, 879x374px) Image search: [Google]
HiResSledgeFire[1].png
363KB, 879x374px
>>5874411
whoops
>>
>>5874411

I main a suped up retaliator when I play with my tryhard friends, but if the crowd is more casual, I use a rough cut and it's always so much fun. Front loading is so comfy and lightweight. I just carry a dump pouch w spare darts and I'm good to go
>>
>>5874413
I popped off the stock and grabbed some extra shells and now this thing is a lot more fun to mess with. I just need to find a bandolier or something to actually carry the shells in, for maximum tacticool.
>>
File: thumbnail_10280.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_10280.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
>Stockade, Tri-Strike and Spectre all arrive today.

feels good.
>>
I just picked up a Vulcan at a thrift store, no belt or tripod doe. How can I test fire to make sure that the motor is working?
>>
Got a hailfire at a thrift store for 2.99, but it doesn't have the round bit that goes over top of the mag wheel. Its still totally functional, as far as I can tell. Did it have a real purpose aside from looks?
>>
>>5876316
It was a high-capacity semi-auto. That's about it.
>>
>>5825102
I want a Modulus minigun.
>>
>>5871940
comparison to nerf of some kind?
>>
What's the spring rating on the Big Bad Bow? I'm looking to upgrade my Stampede a bit, but I'm worried because gears.
>>
>>5871940
TRU timed exclusive basically, whats the length on it?
>>
>>5877935
Have seen it in person but haven't measured it, should be around 2 feet or so. Somebody who has it measure it.
>>
File: 450px-Kel-Tec_RFB_Carbine.jpg (18KB, 450x173px) Image search: [Google]
450px-Kel-Tec_RFB_Carbine.jpg
18KB, 450x173px
>>5877957
>>whats the length on it?
>>should be around 2 feet or so
That's not too bad actually, real steel Kel Tec RFB Bullpup is only 26, and it's basically the DMR.
>>
File: ODST_by_Firehead101.jpg (118KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
ODST_by_Firehead101.jpg
118KB, 650x488px
>>5877968
Doesn't look much bigger than that in Halo 3. Heres and ODST with one.
>>
File: P5180331[2].jpg (108KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
P5180331[2].jpg
108KB, 1600x1066px
does anybody own a tri strike and a white retaliator barrel? I am desparately looking for photos of what the retaliator barrel looks like on a tri-strike without resorting to just buying both and doing it myself

ultimately i want a white 3d printed stock that holds a mag and a white retaliator barrel with the modulus blaster grip, essentially making a modern remake of the longshot
>>
>>5878200
>does anybody own a tri strike and a white retaliator barrel?

sure, just let me charge the camera.
>>
File: MIGHTY NEED.gif (498KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
MIGHTY NEED.gif
498KB, 500x330px
thank you anon, you are a god amongst men
>>
File: TriStrikeBarrel 003.jpg (736KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
TriStrikeBarrel 003.jpg
736KB, 2304x1728px
good enough?

any more requests?
>>
File: customnerf.jpg (109KB, 959x449px) Image search: [Google]
customnerf.jpg
109KB, 959x449px
>>5878200
Have you tried the nerf site?
>>
File: RetaliatorCombo 002.jpg (707KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
RetaliatorCombo 002.jpg
707KB, 2304x1728px
brutal.
>>
File: 1423345284666.jpg (151KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1423345284666.jpg
151KB, 640x640px
First time poster. I bought a Nerf Demolisher a while back because I liked the look of it. I'm just now finding out that you can get upgraded batteries to improve performance. I see that some nerf guns require a modification to use the higher output batteries, but it seems like some don't? Does the demolisher? Also what sort of batteries would you guys recommend? I see there's quite a few on Amazon, but I'm assuming that like everything else you get what you pay for.
Thanks ya'll.
>>
>>5878298
stock wiring and stock motors will always be in danger of getting destroyed if you run batteries with higher voltages.
you could drop in 3 imr's with 3,7v each and a dummy battery for a basic performance increase. but you'll need a special charger for those batteries. blasterparts.de sells batteries and dummies for most blasters if you don't want to look up batteries yourself.

i you want to be safe or you want to go all out, you'll have to rewire everything with better wires, get stronger motors and power everything with a 3s lipo and you'll have yourself a beast of a blaster.

check out these videos for more information
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iufP-rrmYgI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Ypgrvh_0w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw1eUeN-vaU
>>
>>5878207
thanks, it looks wonky, but the proportions are good. i was worried that the retaliator barrel would look short on the tristrike
>>
>>5878207
>>5878208
>>5878200
other thing i want to do is have two primaries, run a modded stryfe with tristrike missile and mega launcher
and turn the tristrike into a modern longshot

i feel like the mega launcher would be good on a semi-auto blaster like the stryfe more so than on a springer
>>
Would a laser pointer be useful in hvz games?
Is the Nerf-B6321-Modulus-Tactical-Light a decent flashlight, or should I just get a standard 3aaa flashlight and one of the mounts off ebay.
Only low powered lights can be attached to the gun to avoid blinding zombies.
>>
>>5878682
>Is the Nerf-B6321-Modulus-Tactical-Light a decent flashlight

no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMoba4SntWg
>>
>>5878342
dude, ty
>>
>>5878682
Not even slightly. Nerf rounds arc and curve way too much for a laser or light to be useful for targeting. That said, a small light (held in the hand you have on your front grip) can be useful, more to look at objectives and find clear paths around bushes and shit.
>>
File: Atlas 005.jpg (759KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Atlas 005.jpg
759KB, 2304x1728px
sweet fucking jesus this is massive.

I think this is me done with Nerf now. I've gotten all the things I want, and i've got no space for it all.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 480x640px
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 640x480px
>>5880284
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
>>5880289
>>
Kind of want to get two Hammershots so I can feel like Revolver Ocelot now. I have real guns though. I also have no one to shoot at unless my friend wants to get his kid some Nerf stuff.
>>
>>5884848
Just buy it and shoot a wall or something. Or get your friend to Metal Gear it up with you.
>>
>>5878200
Why bother with barrels? They reduce range and don't do anything to embiggen your accuracy
>>
>>5884857

I'll just be yelling "YOU'RE PRETTY GOOD" the entire time.
>>
>>5878209
Does the underslung thing fire all its darts at once?
>>
File: Ionfire 003.jpg (673KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Ionfire 003.jpg
673KB, 2304x1728px
>>5884865
It's meant to only fire one at a time, but I find it's a bit fickle, and can end up just ejaculating 2-3 darts at a time.
>>
>>5884858
Not that anon, but barrels are great for looking tacti-cool and are useful for pump-action mods on slide prime blasters. I'm sure it won't be long before the Tri-Strike gets a pump action kit to make it a far more effective blaster and the recon barrel is the prime choice for that kind of mod.

>>5884929
The Ion-fire is such a "....why?" blaster. I mean, what in the hell is it supposed to be? Who at hasbro thought throwing an awkward carry handle and a bunch of tac-rails on a Sharpfire would be a good idea?
>>
>>5884865
>>5884929
Had a tendency to fire more, but only if you're super rough with the pump. Works on basic air restrictors like the roughcut, so if it gets jerked hard enough, those will open as it fires
>>
>tfw playing csgo because you can't afford nerf
>>
>>5885487
Go thrifting friend.
>>
What was the first Nerf repeater?
>>
>>5885809
http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/RipChord
>>
>>5885824
I don't mean semi-auto, just not requiring reloading between shots. Manta Ray would count. Was there anything Nerf before that?

Was this mystery blaster with 1994 on it way more advanced than anything Nerf had at the time?
>>
>>5885836
mystery blaster here:
>>5853673
>>
>>5885836
idk maybe this:
http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Blaster
>>
>>5885836
no wait, it's this one:
http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/Blast-a-Matic
>>
I want to buy a nerf gun. What are some cool nerf guns based on rocket or grenade launchers?
>>
>>5885894
None of them that are decent. Get a MEGA
>>
File: NStrikeElitemissile.jpg (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
NStrikeElitemissile.jpg
2MB, 2000x2000px
>>5885894
Blasters that you can buy at the store right now:
http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/Demolisher_2-In-1
http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/Tri-Strike
http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/ThunderBlast
>>
/r/Nerf is better than you.
>>
File: mo7ek8bnkpwwvomsuo9o.jpg (34KB, 800x317px) Image search: [Google]
mo7ek8bnkpwwvomsuo9o.jpg
34KB, 800x317px
>>5871940
Measures in at a nice 27 inches stock to barrel. Pump action is nice when you find your personal sweet spot to hold int and it absolutely sprays those 8 rounders it comes with after only 15 pumps, it can handle 30 before the safety valve kicks in.
>>
Okay guys, let's do this.

How the fuck do you manage to play nerf field battles with other people?

Aren't they weird nerds and all

What
>>
>>5873784
I am now.
>>
>>5880253
How is it, though? I have the smaller one (XV-700 Apollo), and I just love it. Is it loud?
>>
>>5888271
extremely. prime is much easier than the apollo. the magazines have little tabs on them to lock in place, so you can't use the mags on the other rival guns sadly.

i feel like a fucking child holding it, it's so huge.
>>
>>5888273
Sweet Lord I may need to find one. Real shame about the mags, though. I would have liked to have cross compatibility.
>>
>>5888281
Same here. The mags hold 12 balls, but since it fires from both barrels at once, you on;y get 6 shots before the awkward-reloading begins.
>>
File: 1469749647937.jpg (22KB, 600x518px) Image search: [Google]
1469749647937.jpg
22KB, 600x518px
>>5888284
That sounds horrible, actually. I was thinking the double shot was selectable. I'll probably wait and buy the Khaos like the manchild I am.
>>
>>5888288
I like it, it looks like a spas-12 and that's amazing.

but the low ammo count and the 50 quid pricetag really dampens it.
>>
>>5888292
It is a steep pricetag, I agree. But, if it puts out 100fps like my Apollo does in a semi-automatic fashion, that's going to be just devastating. Those 6 D-cell batteries make me think it's going to be able to do just that.

I would probably buy a second magazine kit, but I don't see evidence of one being offered. Maybe it's just going to come quietly with it.

Also. If the weight is 5.8 pounds, and 6 D batteries is about 1.7 pounds, this is going to be a decently heavy blaster at ~7.5 pounds.
>>
File: 20160901_194837.jpg (396KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20160901_194837.jpg
396KB, 1280x720px
>>5877957
Don't have an equivalent nerf rifle, but here it is next to my AR (36" extended).
>>
>>5888862
I was afraid it was gonna be undersized like that halo sniper rifle they sold. It was hilariously small.
>>
File: TRUP2354870001_CF0001[1].jpg (98KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
TRUP2354870001_CF0001[1].jpg
98KB, 500x500px
>>5884858
>>5885254

i want to put the modulus grip blaster on the retaliator barrel, cause function-wise it would be like the longshot's front gun, just with two shots instead of one and better ranges.
plus, i think it looks neat
>>
File: 0[1].jpg (76KB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
0[1].jpg
76KB, 350x260px
>>5889445
for the fuck of it, put a 3d printed 8 dart holder on the top of the retailator barrel so there's always ammo close by for the grip blaster. nobody could sneak up on me then
>>
File: MG_0774[1].jpg (511KB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
MG_0774[1].jpg
511KB, 2592x1728px
>>5889445
>>5889449
http://www.3dprintedsolid.com/store/blaster/shop/shoulderstocks/anrufbeantworter-shoulder-stock/

>front gun
check.
>mag storage in the stock
check.
>bolt action
check.
>modern elite ranges
check.

modern take on the longshot, but better
>>
>>5888862
>that sight
Anon do you hate your rifle or something?
>>
File: vcyywrrpapj8oegliri4.jpg (893KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
vcyywrrpapj8oegliri4.jpg
893KB, 2000x1125px
so this is a thing apparently.
>>
>>5888862
>AR
TYPICAL PIG DISGUSTING AMERICAN CAPITALIST, LOOK AT AK, IT FINE WITHOUT RAIL OR SCOPE SUKA
>>
>>5891224
>Stryfe AR in SW universe
Now we just need Klingons using AK disruptors
>>
File: IMG_4688.jpg (879KB, 1728x1296px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4688.jpg
879KB, 1728x1296px
>>5873320
A week or so later I go to a random Thrift store with Family and run across a Longstrike for $5...
Jesus christ
>>
>>5891850
I forget, is the Longstrike barrel an attachment or part of the shell?
>>
>>5892509
Pretty sure it's an attachment.
>>
Whenever I find a blaster in a thrift store, I leave it primed.
>>
>>5892509
>>5892511
It's a barrel attachment. It can come off without disassembling the blaster, unlike the Centurion.
>>
>>5892662
You never let go of that, don't you?
>>
>>5892662
Well, to be fair, this is the first time I've personally brought it up. To be doubly fair, the stock doesn't come off for the longstrike without disassembling the blaster, much like the Centurion.
>>
>>5892681
>>5892673
My post was misdirected because it was written by a person with mental deficiencies, much like the Centurion.
>>
File: 47243283dece6000.png (123KB, 500x3520px) Image search: [Google]
47243283dece6000.png
123KB, 500x3520px
I did a thing
>>
File: rBVaG1avty-AN4jnAAClIj4Q9nU597.jpg (24KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
rBVaG1avty-AN4jnAAClIj4Q9nU597.jpg
24KB, 605x605px
Found this on dhgate, spam filter won't let me link it.

Similar Plastic Launcher Hot Fire Gun Toy Pistol Gun With Soft Foam Eva Bullet Shoot Range Dart Gun Blaster Nerf Series A3845

Should I get it and replace the spring so I can have a special snowflake secondary?
>>
>>5892802
Huh, that actually looks really nice. If you get it, post the internals, I might want one
>>
File: Tumblr_nvujj3gQTf1r9xrggo2_250.gif (143KB, 244x228px) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_nvujj3gQTf1r9xrggo2_250.gif
143KB, 244x228px
>Hey, wanna see my .50 caliber revolver?
>>
>>5892802
This reminds me that I'll never get a Strongarm that primes like a Hammershot. It would be my perfect toy
>>
>>5894709
Why would you want that? Doesn't Hammershot have slightly more durable internals? You can get a 7 dart cylinder for Hammershot if capacity is what you're after.
>>
>>5894714
I'm mostly in it for all the clicky actions and dropping the cylinder to reload and such with the Strongarm, and just to feel like it's a revolver with the hammer priming. I mostly like Nerf guns for that kind of thing rather than performance, I don't go out and nerf with friends or anything
>>
File: IMG_1283.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1283.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Can someone explain what this tiny white button on the tri-strike is
>>
>>5895594
also potato quality photo...i know
>>
>>5895594
If you fuck up priming for some reason and the bolt is stuck. that button releases all locks. All slam fire blasters should technically have this.
>>
>>5895610
sweet, thanks
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7GG57caQDY
>>
>>5895932

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CtEvlRfP9E
>>
File: stryfe.jpg (269KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
stryfe.jpg
269KB, 1000x669px
here's my new stryfe kitted out with the modulus stealth pack on it, getting a worker stock for it through the mail in 2 weeks
>>
>>5898536
Any mods?
>>
I just mailed a dickbutt to Coop's new P.O. box.
>>
>>5898561
unfortunately no, im not gonna mess with electronic stuff, besides, to turn a stryfe into a powerhouse I'd need to change all the wiring,, strip all the safeties, install a lypo and who knows what else, i might be made of money but this kind of technical know-how isnt my thing

besides, I rather keep it stock for the LARP i go to, they check for mods and the Tier 1 mods for stryfe would make it too godlike for the simple LARP.

i might have my friend see if he can do the mods himself, he's a tinkerer on the side and i got money to spare for his time and the materials
>>
>>5898609
why did you do that, he's probably going to do a fanmail video, monetize it and show off the tacticool dickbutt
>>
>>5898634
I'd be thrilled if Coop-sama noticed me :D
>>
How long should I expect CycloneShock to remain readily available at $13? Should I just buy it now and replace 26 pounds of $1.50 broccoli with $0.99 Brussels sprouts?
>>
>>5848747
Agreed on the Airsoft front, we always played in an old depression that was formed by railroad construction that was 100m by 200m roughly with a large, easily apartment size boulder in the center with a small uber cold creek running through. People still play their today.

Nerf however is cool just about anywhere, even college campuses allow Blue on Red and HvZ competitions these days. I have now attended 3 campuses, 2 for BA and 1 for Masters, that have Yearly week long HvZ games during Spring Break for those who are stuck there.

>>5898536
So stealing this load out. but with a more reasonably sized mag.
>>
>>5900085
>more reasonably sized mag
I hope you mean a worker 22 and not just something smaller
>>
>tfw you will never play HvZ
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.