[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hastings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

File: SgcGtmth_400x400.jpg (11KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
SgcGtmth_400x400.jpg
11KB, 360x360px
Hastings is fucked.
>>
>>5794648
It's been fucked for about a decade now. So why bring it up here?
>>
>>5794648
Whoa, those guys owned MovieStops? those were a terrible idea
>>
Yup, only place around here to really to get figures that weren't made by Hasbro or Mattel. They got an extension, but I don't think they're gonna get a buyer.
>>
>>5794700
is Hastings like...Suncoast or Tower Records or something?
>>
>>5794881
Kind of like those two, with a bookstore thrown in. My Hastings also sells comic books.
>>
>>5794648
When are they collapsing so I can start picking apart the corpse.
>>
>>5794899
>My Hastings also sells comic books.

They all do.
>>
They have 1 more day to find a buyer
>>
So hastings are gonna have a going out of business sale?

ffffffuuuuuuuucccccckkkkkkkk
>>
I use to work at the last one in Kansas. I can see why they are closing.
>>
what happen?
>>
>>5796161
They're a movie rental/book/music chain in 2016. Time happened.
>>
>>5795806
They already have, I got the Asian T-1000, Roxy Rocket, Ceaser, and a couple other figures for real cheap. Missed out on the playarts kai Predator though (somebody picked it up at $100)
>>
>>5796161
>what happen?

Somebody set up us the bomb.
>>
i worked at one. pretty sure they didnt have an HR department.
>>
>>5796223
We get signal.
>>
>>5796207
The BOGO deal wasn't really even worth it, shipping charges converted almost everything back to retail.
>>
>>5796633
I meant in the literal stores that were going out of business. I got most of what I just said for $10 a piece (as well as Dallas, and the two figures from Alien Isolation, Nova, Scarecrow, Creeper, and Killer croc from the BTAS line, Cock-knocker and Chronic, and DCC Icons Lex)
>>
>>5796800
>I meant in the literal stores that were going out of business
Ah, I see. You're lucky to have one locally, my state doesn't have one as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>5797058
>You're lucky to have one locally

Considering the locations of most stores, you're probably pretty unlucky if you live near one. Worst towns. Cool stores though.
>>
>>5796496
What !
>>
FUCK!

The only place in town to buy comics ,toys, and CDs. Now I have to travel to the big city for shit like that unless I order online.
>>
>>5797063
Ha, well yeah I hadn't thought of that. I live in a major metro city, so the fact that they wouldn't want to plant a store here is weird. Specialty shops don't really die around here either, we still have 2 or 3 FYE's still kicking around somehow. Can't explain that one.
>>
File: 11235183095_15006c1e3e_z.jpg (133KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
11235183095_15006c1e3e_z.jpg
133KB, 640x640px
>>5797746
Weird. Our FYE closed, but our Hastings is still going.
>tfw Hastings was my first job
>only time I got overtime was when we were putting in the café, but it was fun times
>sad because it may be kill soon
>>
>>5794648
A long time ago, like late 90s/early 2000s our local Hastings was a good spot for gaming and collectibles merch. It closed for business five or so years ago. Towards the end there is was all Neca, adult swim license normie garbage, and 6 month old shelfwarmer transformers.
Oddly, the Barnes & Noble now is the best place to get collectibles locally.
>>
File: 14690994962291726441715.jpg (358KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
14690994962291726441715.jpg
358KB, 1080x1920px
I snagged a soul of chogokin gunbuster for 108$ after taxes, yuma location

They were doing a 25-35% off in store items, so you guys with Hastings should really check it out
>>
All Hastings to close by Oct 31. Stores will close on their own schedule and pace though, so check in often.
>>
It's sad that the market is so warped anymore that it can't support anything beyond clothing outlets and restaurants.
>>
dang, the two hastings near me haven't started their going out of business sales yet. I guess that gives me some time to save up
>>
>>5805026
Amazon and the second hand market killed the specialty stores for toys, the sad thing is its those god damn scalpers fault.
>>
>>5805064
Scalpers (the real kind, not the catch-all boogeyman) are only a symptom of more systemic problems.

Sky high rent reducing retail options.
Exclusivity deals limiting product availability.
General lack of legitimate economic opportunity that makes arbitrage attractive in comparison.
Poorfag herd mentality of collectors that makes legitimate and timely sales difficult but encourages retarded frenzies as supply tightens.
Idiocy of disinterested and unreachable manufacturers creating gluts and shortages.

Do anything about any of these and scalping's hold is weakened. Solve them and scalping DIES.
>>
>>5804504
But someone did buy them. so I'm hoping they close "Hastings" and install something new. it was nice having a Comic shop and Movie store in the same place.
>>
>>5794657
The MovieStop in my area just closed. Got a bunch of NECA shit I would have never bought at full price for $3 a piece
>>
>>5805723
not a chance. In six months that building will be a Dress Barn
>>
>>5805723
Liquidators bought Hastings. The same ones that cleared out Borders. It's over
>>
>>5798366
That bizarre man. FYE does pretty good in my state but we're full of hicks who can't into internet so..
>>
Stopped in to the local one and they've got the going out of business sale in full swing. Nothing above 30% off as of yet, and action figures were only 20% off, or in other words, actually MSRP.
>>
>>5810411
Is there any way to see if a certain store has started their sale yet? The Hastings near me are way too far away to just swing by, and I don't want to call them up every week, all "hey, how close are you to being out of a job?"
>>
>>5810415
oh nevermind, they've all started their sale. Only 10% off books tho, so they've just matched Barnes and Nobles prices
>>
File: 20160722_183130.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160722_183130.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>
>>5810568
How did they not know when they announced bankruptcy last month, don't they still have to honor the going out of business sale
>>
I went to the one in my town yesterday and they had no A.C. on and the store was packed.

all I did was buy a Voltron magnet and gtfo. Most things I wanted were not above 10% off.
>>
>>5813875
Bankruptcy can mean a lot of different things. Maybe just layoffs and debt restructuring. Maybe they get bought out by another company and the name of the store changes and all the employees wear a different color uniform.
The fact that all the stores started tehir going out of business sale on the same day, with the same percentages off, means that even those details are being handled by the liquidators. The individual store managers probably don't know when prices are going down until they get a email saying "tomorrow drop prices by another ten percent across the board with the following exceptions etc"
>>
>>5813875
Because corporate doesn't tell people anything. And sometimes single stores can change their sales prices.
>>
>>5810568
˙ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ǝɹǝɥʇ ƃuiʞɹoʍ ǝq ʇ,uoʍ ʎǝɥ┴ ˙ɟɟɐʇs ǝɥʇ ʇɐǝɹʇ noʎ ʍoɥ ɹǝʇʇɐɯ ʇ,usǝop ʇI
>>
>>5814005
Are you in Sierra Vista? Went yesterday and it was a circus and hot as hell. Some guy was holding up the line buying a bunch of anime figures.
>>
File: Web_upto30.png (71KB, 600x882px) Image search: [Google]
Web_upto30.png
71KB, 600x882px
OK so Gohastings.com is now just this image.
I guess check that every now and then when it goes above 30% it might be worth heading to whatever shitty town near you has a Hastings
>>
I already got most of the shit I want from the last one in my area, but they have these Superman Turntables and I'm going to go on the very last day and see if I can get them for $10
>>
>>5796173
>over estimating the popularity of comics

>over estimating the popularity of Pop figures

>shitty return policies that let them be burden with shit.

>the slow death of physical media

Pick your poison.
>>
>>5816073
My hasting has a shin getter robo and mazinger.

Hopeful I can manage to snag them at a lower price then the 20% off they're offering.
>>
>>5816804
>over estimating the popularity of Pop figures
yeah, the Hastings near me had literally thousands of Pops, with a permanent "buy one get one half off" sale, and they just didn't move at all
>>
File: 1445408041256.gif (2MB, 400x379px) Image search: [Google]
1445408041256.gif
2MB, 400x379px
>>5804352
Hey Yuma Anon, you still there?
I live about a 2 hours drive from there but i don't wanna go out of my way for slim pickings.
Do you know if there's still good merchandise?
>>
File: images.jpg (18KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18KB, 275x183px
>>5821851
bump for jewiness
>>
File: kek.jpg (161KB, 900x1136px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
161KB, 900x1136px
>>
>>5810568
Didn't even know they had Hastings in Australia
>>
>>5824570
That happens a lot when a store is going out of business. Employees leave to get a new job, so they are understaffed during the last couple of months while still open.
>>
>>5797620
Main screen turn on.
>>
>>5821851
Different Yuma anon, but no. The ML figures and such are marked up so much that even with the 20% off all action figures, they are still above MSRP. The liquidators have actually raised prices from 2-3 weeks ago when everything was on sale.
>>
>>5828411
That's a common tactic with liquidators. They did the same thing when Circuit City was shut down. They claimed 30%+ off of everything, but it was meaningless because they jumped the base prices up and just relied on the scavengers not being smart enough to figure out what was going on.
>>
>>5828411
hastings has worse markups than even tru. are you sure its not just that the prices are so bad to begin with?
>>
File: 50s guy flipping bird.jpg (12KB, 261x213px) Image search: [Google]
50s guy flipping bird.jpg
12KB, 261x213px
Thanks Obama.
>>
>Figuarts Kivala is at my local Hastings
>Only 10% off

Do you think they'll discount more and more as the store slowly shrivels away into the void? Or just leave it at the 10-30%?
>>
>>5828437
The prices are original prices, just in the last 3 weeks they had all kinds of sales getting rid of shit before the liquidators came in. The liguidators didn't really raise the prices but they ended all the sales and the new 10-30% off prices are actually worse than the deals they had going on before.

>>5828518
They will lower them as they get closer to October, but idiots will buy shit up thinking it's on sale before any of the good shit actually gets marked down. I just got home from there and there were people leaving with book carts full of shit that was seriously cheaper 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>5828524
I managed to spell liquidators two different ways.
>>
File: Chrollo's_requiem.jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Chrollo's_requiem.jpg
20KB, 640x480px
Can't wait for the sweet vinyl discounts.
>>
>>5824570
Just went to the one near me yesterday to scope it out, they had signs up saying "ask about our temporary positions now!" next to the "going out of business" signs. Talked to one worker and she said it was her 7th day of work in a row, because everyone is leaving for other jobs as fast as they can find them.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.