[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about some toys that took you the longest to find, be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

File: s-l1600 (5).jpg (167KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (5).jpg
167KB, 1600x1200px
Tell me about some toys that took you the longest to find, be it price, rarity, limited production like a special edition, or one off production.

I want to know what has been a struggle for you.

For me, I finally crossed off one of the harder toys I've been trying to find.

I scored this Ninja Gattai Muteki Shogun after months of searching from a German ebay auction for a total of $90 including shipping.
>>
File: s-l1600 (1).jpg (191KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (1).jpg
191KB, 1600x1200px
Granted it's missing the small red weapons for the individual shogun zords, and it's box, it's still an unbelievable find. Other auctions that included the box, with or without the weapons are going for $400 on ebay.
>>
File: DX_Shogun_Megazord.jpg (40KB, 620x612px) Image search: [Google]
DX_Shogun_Megazord.jpg
40KB, 620x612px
The American version of this Mech has it's arm replaced with a Pink Ninjazord, lacking chrome on every ninjazord, a flimsy, bendy, matte gold Sword.

Incredibly ugly.
>>
File: image.jpg (997KB, 2361x2349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
997KB, 2361x2349px
For me, it'd have to be a sentai toy as well. DX victory robo.

Lightspeed Rescue is my favorite power rangers series and was also the first one I ever paid attention to. Whilst the BoA version is pretty good on its own merit, I wanted the Japanese version since it was the full DX Chogokin experience.

I was looking for one for a year or so. I wanted one that didn't have the stickers applied and didn't have a yellowed white ambulance. Patience paid off, since I found one pretty much mint in box for 120$ off of mandarake. Probably my luckiest find to date.

I also found muteki shogun and tsubasamaru ( with working lights and sound) off of mandy as well, but I paid around 300$ total for the whole set.

Victory robo was my grail too, since childhood. So I'm happy I have my Grail.
>>
>>5790470
And those lightning bolts are shameful.
>>
>>5790491
Awesome, I've never used Mandrake before, kinda unfamiliar with a lot of the JP shopping proxy sites, how often does Mandrake get new stock in? Is it individual sellers, or a group that stocks up on items at once? Sort of like CStoys?
>>
>>5790517
They're a chain of used/new goods I believe. The site itself spans over all of their locations. Stock can be fickle, but if you camp out long enough it pays off. A lot of people here swear by mandarake.
>>
Mine is Sentinel Black Getter. I got Getter-1 when it was first released, but completely missed Black and it shot up in price pretty quickly. With the re-release coming, it'll be a two and a half year wait coming to an end.
>>
>recently complete Zordon era megazord collection.
Took me a while to find them all mint in box.

Was fun putting on stickers :)

damn pyramidas is huge
>>
I also had a hard time tracking sown sone vintage sentai toys. I told myself I'd never go down this road but here we are.

The first is Biorobo DX. I managed to score a copy in great condition with the sword, the shield and biodragon for 500. It also had the box and styrofoam inners. I had to pay an extra 100 on top of that for the shipping and customs.

Then there was maskman great five. Great condition, complete, and the box in near pristine condition for 500 shipped. Its companion mech, Land Galaxy, I got for around 75 with just the bot, nothing else but very good condition.

As it is those are my grails and I got them at a pretty penny but I'm satisfied. Sort of flirting with getting a Dairugger XV now though.
>>
File: s-l1600 (2).jpg (111KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (2).jpg
111KB, 1600x1200px
>>5790788

The stress of finding the Muteki Shogun compared to the super old vintage sentai shit scares the fuck out of me
>>
>>5790892
Shouldn't have bought it. The legacy version is coming out with show accurate proportion and may be near the price you spent on, also chrome. Also have more stuff.
>>
>>5790892
Be thankful you don't have them as grails!

>>5790901

That's true but there's something more satisfying about the old versions, you know? Bigget, chunkier, stockier. Sure the newer ones are cool and more articulated but the vintage look is sort of half of the appeal.

That said I am tempted by the Miracle voltrons for sure.
>>
Freakin' G1 Optimus Prime.

I'd had the reissue Powermaster Prime for years but for some goddamn reason it took me until Christmas 2014 to actually buy the original.
>>
File: SOC-golion.jpg (34KB, 640x433px)
SOC-golion.jpg
34KB, 640x433px
>>5791026
Wait for the SOC versions, dude

They will be sublime.
>>
I don't have any other pictures as I have this put away. Also have a DX Five Robo.
>>
Atelier Sai Bubblegum Crisis Priss in classic Hardsuit actin figure.

Took me 3 years to find it.
>>
>>5792027
I hope we get good toys of the new series. The new lion designs are pure sex, especially Yellow and Green.
>>
>>5799205
Is that the first use of that mold?
>>
>>5799222
Yeah, but sadly the torso in combined form is boring as fuck. The rest is bretty gud though.
>>
File: s-l1600 (1).jpg (221KB, 1200x1600px)
s-l1600 (1).jpg
221KB, 1200x1600px
>>5799226
Same poster, I could be wrong but I believe this is the first use of that mold, from Kousokusentai Tokusatsu.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.