[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

matty does it again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 1467950464095-0.jpg (29KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1467950464095-0.jpg
29KB, 680x510px
matty does it again
>>
>>5781170
Overcharges for a figure that isn't even worth half their asking price?
>>
>>5781175
but its the only way to get them
>>
REEEEEE I'M NOT GOING TO SAN-DIEGO JUST FOR THESE

FUCK YOU MATTY
>>
>>5781175
These are completely new sculpts SDCC's have a higher budget, maiman, all in a great box it's where thunder kittens like to be!
>>
>>5781194
so like are they related? will they have babies? are they the last of their kind?
>>
>>5781194
Same shit articulation with added bonus of hindered hips due to clothes and no torso movement!
>>
> start new line
> ensures 90% of people interested will never complete the team by making essential characters exclusive

Sound business logic right there.
>>
>>5781465
I take it you are unfamiliar with Mattel.
>>
>>5781170
>not making them the same size as every other figure
Wow, Matty upped their game
>>
>>5781465
Doesn't really matter. The line has already been cancelled. The only figures we're getting are the ones that were scheduled for this year.
>>
>>5781779
>The line has already been cancelled
Source?
>>
>>5781784
The "mattycollector is DOOOOOOOOO~ooomed!" rumor. Basically Mattel execs don't see the service as going anywhere, which explains the high turnover of project managers since Scott left.
>>
>>5781831
oh no, they might have to kill this poor excuse for a scalper store and sell the items like a normal business would!
>>
>>5781784
>>5781831
Not officially confirmed by Matty yet, but it's more substantial than a rumor. Basically Motu, Tcats, and anything else mattycollector related is over. They no longer have a brand manager. They haven't renewed their contract with Digital River. There's no panels or announcements planned for motu or Tcats at SDCC.

So, yeah. It's basically over.

>>5781844
That's not what will happen. None of the mattycollector lines make enough profit to bother with selling at retail. If the site closes then it's over.
>>
Speculatively, since Mattel is putting a shit ton of push into the 6" Multiverse line at retail, and now that both Thundercats and MOTUC are officially part of the DC Multiverse... I wonder if we'll just see them sneak a Cheetara or Mer-Man into actual retail shelves that way.

Kill the subs, kill the individual lines, lump TC and MOTU into the DC melting pot. Shit, $20 for those things at retail is a lot better than $25 plus DR's fucktard shipping costs. I'd welcome it. And it's not like any MOTU or TC figures would sell any worse than the black Superman or gaywad business suit Joker they released a while ago.
>>
>>5781170
You guys know thos figures have molded genitalia under their skirts, right?
>>
>>5781905
>now that both Thundercats and MOTUC are officially part of the DC Multiverse

wait, what?
>>
>>5781905
DC doesn't own the properties though. They are just licencing them from their respective companies, just like Mattel is doing with Thundercats.

The only figures that can be made in the multiverse line are the properties DC owns and allows Mattel to make.
>>
>>5782287
Hi, Sean Long
>>
>>5782479
>DC doesn't own the properties though
The DC parent company Warner owns Thundercats, thus DC isn't licensing them at all. And Mattel owns MOTU.

So if both are properties owned by each respective player in the development of these figures and comics, and they've shown cooperation in one's property being utilized by the other in a completely mutual way, there's no real hurdle. It's like incest at this point, it's so closely related.

I think we might see TC and MOTU figures in DC Multiverse boxes by 2017. That's what's going on with the SDCC panel hoopla, why there's no specific mattycollector panel but there is a prominent DC Multiverse one. They're going to announce that there's no mattycollector after the current subs and from this point forward they'll just be scattered in the retail DCM waves. Or mattycollector will go on, but it will be used as the only place to get DCM-packaged TC and MOTU in a non-sub fashion.
>>
>>5782287
>>5782487
What the HELL are you two talking about?
>>
File: 4bb.png (487KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
4bb.png
487KB, 900x900px
>Exclusives
>Of characters that I've always wanted
>>
File: 1467950464097-1.jpg (74KB, 800x709px) Image search: [Google]
1467950464097-1.jpg
74KB, 800x709px
And now, just to rub salt in the wound we get to see the cancelled 6 inch wilytwins from Bandai.

What the fuck, I remember speculating with other anons over whether or not any of these were actually made.
Why is this coming out now? All at once?

Argh.
>>
>>5782708
Even if Warner is DC's parent company, DC still has to pay it for licencing. That's how big companies work. Each company still has to make its own profit. It may make the contract/legal work easier, but they still have to charge for their properties.

Same goes for Matty. They still have to work out the licensing with Warner and DC.

I don't think the options for the Multiverse line will go beyond DC proper characters. In the Classics line, Matty wasn't allowed to make any characters from outside the main DCU. That's why Vertigo characters like Constantine and Swamp Thing didn't happen until Nu52 brought them back over from Vertigo. Mattel has to even make a separate license just to do the Watchmen figures. Neither motu or Tcats exist in the current DCU proper.
>>
>>5782708

The amount of delusion in this post..
>>
>>5784432
The amount of ignorance in this post.
>>
File: B0rsukK.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
B0rsukK.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
Has anyone seen this at stores yet? It's one of the few Mattel figures I'd want to get.
>>
They literally sold out in 1 minute.
>>
>>5798399

At least it says "more tomorrow"..
>>
>>5798418
>"When they will sell out again in 2 minutes"

Thank scalpers and their bots
>>
>>5795664
It's not out yet
>>
>>5798399
That's good. I was afraid it'd take a whole 5 minutes, forcing Mattel to declare them as a "failure".
>>
>>5798418
What this means is that now scalpers can buy another 3 at a time and get even more to ruin the aftermarket. If it were an all-in sale with all inventory going at one time, the scalpers couldn't possible have the time to fill their cart with the max 3 units, complete the captcha, go through the confirmation stage, then turn around and put another 3 in their now empty cart, go through the same captcha/checkout/confirmation process, and get more. They'd be sold out by the time they went for another batch.

Now? They absolutely can do just that, because they can repeat tomorrow what they did today. DR and Mattel are fucking scum and/or incompetent.
>>
>>5782974
2010's designs were just way better. i mean, it's time-appropriate
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.