[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AWWWW SHIIIEEEET

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 14

File: Deadshot Mafex.jpg (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Deadshot Mafex.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
AWWWW SHIIIEEEET
>>
File: MAFEX-Deadshot-Second-Preview.jpg (96KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
MAFEX-Deadshot-Second-Preview.jpg
96KB, 960x720px
>>5750864
Comes with a masked head too.
>>
While this looks good, I didn't like their Harley & Joker all that much. Makes me wonder if SHF is going to do the full team.
>>
File: fresh.jpg (31KB, 420x432px) Image search: [Google]
fresh.jpg
31KB, 420x432px
>>5750864
Call me when someone makes Will Smith in his best role
>>
>>5750864
>>5750872
Fucking garbage
>>
MAFEX are the model kits, right? So we'll have to put on the stickers and shit?
>>
>>5750933
Figurearts when?
>>
>>5750872
Masked head looks like something from GI Joe or COD.
>>
>>5751258
They are a type of figmarts
>>
>>5751785
are they decent? Kylo and Phasma look cool, want them as MAFEX mostly because of the cloth capes
>>
>>5751263
HOL UP *clicks joints*
>>
>>5751813
Quality issues out the ass: loose joints, joints that pop apart too easily, and breakage in some cases. Also, they're realistic faces haven't been that impressive, but maybe they've found something that works, cause they have a load of shit on schedule. If the BvS figures turn out good, then I'll trust them enough to start preordering their figures. Until then, they're just a mediocre company with good licenses.
>>
>>5751826
I don't think the amazing spider-man figure is a good example. that was their first mafex release and the quality has definitely improved since that pile of shit.
>>
>>5751853
That was their fourth, and there's more examples. Catwoman, their 9th figure, and Joker, their 15th, were just as mediocre. But like I said, could still improve, and I hope they do, but until more figures are released, I don't particularly think they're a good line.
>>
>>5751864
>>5751826
their heads are pretty good.
Better than other japanese lines like Figuarts
>>
>>5751864
Joker looks like Johnny depp after the divorce
>>
>>5751864
I saw this Catwoman on a clearance rack for 25 dollars.
Is she worth that price?
>>
>>5752147
The body is pretty amazing for headswaps. If that's your bag, $25 is a steal.
>>
>>5752150
Shit, I didn't even think about that possibility. Can the body swap between figmas and figuarts heads or just other Mafex?
>>
>>5752165
Not with figmas without some kind of modification. Don't know about figuarts.
>>
>>5752114
>better than Figuarts
Topkek
>>
File: mafex.jpg (109KB, 839x450px) Image search: [Google]
mafex.jpg
109KB, 839x450px
>>
>>5752619
How'd they manage to fuck up something that didn't even look that good to begin with?
>>
>>5751813
Paint and sculpt are generally good.

Just their joint quality is absolutely abhorrent. One of their anime figures just falls apart if you barely touch it.

Not sure how their movie-ish line is with that, but if it's something they end up improving as they should, Mafex will be a great line.
>>
>>5751813
I have to agree with >>5751826. Mafex has been spotty when it comes to QC (though I've heard they're improving). Their sculpts are nice and accessories are generous, but the joints are often loose which makes posing difficult.

I'd say at the moment they sit somewhere between Hasbro and Figuarts in quality (more towards the latter).
>>
>>5752636
My mafex Vader has really weak toe joints and likes to fall over unless I distribute his weight towards the heels (but he does come with a stand). A shame since he's otherwise the best 6 inch version of character available, outside of the model kit.
>>
File: mafex.jpg (56KB, 600x560px) Image search: [Google]
mafex.jpg
56KB, 600x560px
> have 2 figs in my private warehouse

> was thinking about waiting for the Mafex Batfleck to ship

> cad 1:77yen and falling.

> no idea if he will turn out any good, just think he looks great.

Fuck, guess I'll just cancel him.
>>
>>5752672
Wait for the japanese reviews to come out before cancelling. You can always get a full refund within 10 days of payment if they're in your private warehouse.
>>
>>5752114
This post is so wrong, Mafex is still behind in the face department.

So far there hasn't been one good 1/12th face yet.
>>
>>5752418
only one of these figures was released and mace windu doesn't look any better than woll up there. read: both equallly quality... but then, woll hasn't been released, huh?

Still, that Anne Hathaway is pretty good, albiet with shitty paint apps and their Joker has a better likeness than other Figuart failures.
The only figuarts that have good facial sculpts are Bruce and Windu.

So it's two vs one, and i think Mafex has had fewer tries, so their pass/failure ratio is higher.

>>5752619
That just looks like failure at paint. sculpt could be identical, but it's hard to tell because of the glossy plastic washing out details.
>>
>>5752879
That Joker looks NOTHING like Heath Ledger, and Catwoman's wearing a mask that hides half the face. And you're comparing a released Mace Windu that turned out better than the promos against a Will Smith from a line that's proven itself crap so far when it comes to matching the promos. Every Figuarts that's used face printing has looked at least decent to fantastic, and they've only gotten better, so I trust their ability to pull off future ones. I don't WANT Mafex to be crap, but going off what we have, they are.
>>
File: obibloated kenobi.jpg (520KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
obibloated kenobi.jpg
520KB, 3264x2448px
>>5752907
>decent
>this
so how about them lizard people?
>>
>>5752920
Oh it's subjectcanon, guess I'm done here
>>
File: Figuarts Alex DeLarge.jpg (117KB, 954x526px) Image search: [Google]
Figuarts Alex DeLarge.jpg
117KB, 954x526px
>>5752926
you were done when you hid your head in your ass to pretend any of these are good sculpts.... on purpose anyway.
>>
File: Luke_Skywalker.png (138KB, 365x273px) Image search: [Google]
Luke_Skywalker.png
138KB, 365x273px
>>5752930
>>
>>5752687
wait. you can cancel stuff in your HLJ Private Warehouse?! Wut?! How?
>>
>>5752147
I still say that it's the most underrated toy of 2015 and I bought it at $50. Just too bad she didn't have a weapon or something.

What I'm getting sick of is the delay of these figures. I looked up Deadshot and I saw March 2017. Almost a year after the movie...really? That's beyond even Hasbro's usual scheduling stupidity.

We'll never get a DKR Bane if Medicom's next three years are focused on this year's movies
>>
File: war machine 2.jpg (153KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
war machine 2.jpg
153KB, 600x587px
>>5753099
>Almost a year after the movie...really? That's beyond even Hasbro's usual scheduling stupidity.
?
Doesn't Hasbro usually make a figure to coincide with a movie's release though?
It's why we usually only see them make toys based on pre-final movie designs, since it takes about a year to produce a toy.

Seems like only Mattel and Hasbro stay ontop or ahead of movie releases.
>>
>>5753072
>"Private Warehouse items are already paid for, so they cannot be "cancelled." Private Warehouse items can be processed as returns, however, and we will issue a 100% cash refund for the cost of returned Private Warehouse merchandise up to 10 days from the original date of your payment."
It's on their website.
>>
>>5753106
No, their Marvel Legends assortments never line up with the movies. Star Wars TFA was reasonably close though. Have they even touched another movie license (that they didn't own like TF/GIJoe) in years? And even when they own the IP, they bungle, like the late TF Animated toys or the early GIJoe movie toys.

I mean for cartoons, they have no excuse. The studio puts out a model guide and then goes off into a labor intensive production process. What do toy companies do while that's going on, jack off into a hat?
>>
File: civil war legends.jpg (132KB, 765x765px) Image search: [Google]
civil war legends.jpg
132KB, 765x765px
>>5753257
I'm pretty sure i saw Civil War toys before the movie came out, if not, they were definitely there when the movie premiered
Same with Avengers and Avengers 2.

Didn't really pay attention to IM3 because it was shit.
>>
>>5753271
One. The one pictured. But almost none of the MCU characters were in the right wave and the BAFs are from different movies. And then some if these characters have to appear in 2-3 movies before they get a toy months after the latest appearance, like Falcon or Hawkeye or Black Widow or Scarlet Witch. It's not like G1 where there are 25 Autobots running around; these movies center around a dozen characters, tops.
>>
>>5753257

Hasbro produced RID themselves. What they have zero control over (or much experience managing) are the media distribution networks (CN, Paramount etc) which are the ones who screw Hasbro over schedules.

BTW your ideas about shows and toy licensing is like, 1.5 decades outdated. Where did you learn your shit, Toyfare magazine?
>>
>>5753587
At least I'm old enough to have read ToyFare.

But interestingly enough, how long have apologists been crying that kids don't like toys? Close to 1.5 decades? Hey, I know, go back to how it was done before that instead of wringing your hands helplessly or bullheadedly continuing down a path that isn't working.
>>
>>5752930
Do you think that repeating the same dumb-as-rocks argument over and over is going to make it seem any less moronic? It's just as retarded as the first time you posted it. You'd think that you would have come up with at least something to add onto it by now, but then again you are severely autistic (by your own admission) so I guess that explains it.

Hows being a pedo tranny coming along btw?
>>
>>5753605

Congrats Anon. Then you would have actually seen my shit featured in your old mags.

New shows today are POISON to licensing execs. Everyone wants for a 2nd season renewal before commiting to anything. The only ones that do have a chance are long term brands like Transformers, Ben10 and what have you.

Sorry your hobby's gone to shit. That's the corporate game now and if you leave your parent's basement enough to learn about marketing and consumer data you'd understand.
>>
>>5750864
HOL' UP
>>
File: falcon.png (184KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
falcon.png
184KB, 500x500px
>>5753578
>one
No, they had a lot of other metaphorical shit.
And it makes sense that they chase after the kid shit first, because almost all the 6" figures ALWAYS came months afterward since IM2.

And just so you know, Hasbro considers the entire Theater to DVD/BD time to be on time, because it's true. They almost always double their sales when the BD/DVD releases.
Just look at how big of a deal they made out of the Phantom Menance 2's home video release date.
>>
>>5753257
>And even when they own the IP, they bungle, like the late TF Animated toys or the early GIJoe movie toys.
Transformers Animated's toys got delayed because retailers demanded another half year of movie toys since those were hot stuff back then.

G.I. Joe got screwed over because a month or two before the movie was gonna come out Paramount delayed it by 9 or 10 months for reshoots and 3D conversion.
>>
>>5753112
omg, I never thought of this.. this changes things.

Thanks!
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.