[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you all think about yoyos?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 11

File: yoyosandchill.png (26KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
yoyosandchill.png
26KB, 128x128px
what do you all think about yoyos?
>>
File: 20160525_142909.png (119KB, 692x648px) Image search: [Google]
20160525_142909.png
119KB, 692x648px
Stay clean.
>>
I would make an Earthbound joke but I can't think of anything
>>
I am a true yoyo man
>>
>>
File: gay pride parade.jpg (124KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
gay pride parade.jpg
124KB, 630x420px
They are cool.
>>
File: YoYoP.png (352KB, 341x510px) Image search: [Google]
YoYoP.png
352KB, 341x510px
>>5693622
>not posting the stand literally named yo-yo
anime-only pleb detected
>>
>>5693248
>dem yoyos

That's the way you do it. You play the guitar on your MTV.
>>
>>5698372
i see what you did there
>>
>>5693248
The way I see it, the yoyo scene keeps hanging in there, despite the ups and downs.
>>
>Yo-Yo expo for the whole elementary school
>got the cool ass tire yo-yo and the glow in the dark one
>>
File: yyf-shutter-black.jpg (70KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
yyf-shutter-black.jpg
70KB, 800x800px
They're pretty fun. I'm into 1A stuff. Counterweight's can be pretty fun too.
>pic related: current fave throw
>>
File: 20160529_022032.png (209KB, 379x370px) Image search: [Google]
20160529_022032.png
209KB, 379x370px
>>5700098
A1 guy too. My throw is CLYW's Glacier Express.

Anyone done contests?
>>
>>5700507
1A*
>>
>>5700507
Wish I had a clyw. Relatively poorfag though.
Never been to (much less competed in) any contests. Would be fun to go to one just to meet some people that share my hobby.
You ever try any different styles? I'm thinking of giving 5A a shot.. Maybe even 2A if I'm feeling brave :P
>>
File: Summit.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Summit.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>5705236
I only got because of a clearance sale, along with the CLYW+One Drop Summit (pic related). They're really great but are definitely overpriced. The rest of my yoyos are just cheap ones like Yomega plastics.

YoYoFactory are the best for yoyos that perform and are affordable. In the future I'll definitely opt for a YYF product over a CLYW one.

I've tried getting into 2A loads of times. I don't have any decent loopers. I can loop my Yomega Raider with both hands, just not together. I'm actually better with my left hand at looping than my right (my dominant), but I just can't get the hang of it. The shorter string length and the tendency for it to snap faster during 2A is annoying too. I bought the YoyoJam Fiesta to learn 4A and can do some basic stuff, but the bearing is tiny and I'm too scared to sling my metals off a string.

5A looks really cool and I've been considering it too. Do you know if different counterweights affect play in any way, or do they all do the same job?

I met some guys at a store opening in London last year, but honestly I felt a bit out of my depth. I consider my skill level in 1A advanced, but I can't make my own tricks up like those guys had. I do want to compete eventually, but I'm considering doing some trick ladders first.
>>
>>5705281
Ah, the summit is my dream throw :P
Ive had mostly yyf yoyo's throughout the years. Got a stacked Genesis that's been my goto for a while, had 2 protostars so far (would definitely recommend), and a couple lower end ones. All super nice to play with. Especially the Genesis, it's got a really nice weight and balance and such.

Also check out yoyofficer. Cheap and the one I have plays really well.

As far as I know, yeah, counterweights play differently. I've heard that about 1/6th the weight of your yoyo is ideal, although really I'd put that down to person preference. I've seen a really cool looking one with a little bearing inside it, so you can spin the weight around too. Looks like fun. (I think it's called the UltraWeight)

I've never actually met anyone else who plays, it'd probably be worth going to some sort of event just for that. I don't plan on competing though. I feel like the stress of getting your routine right would take the fun out of it.

I've been thinking about doing trick ladders too (I'm about intermediate/advanced, I guess) but I just get bored. I like learning tricks that appeal to me, and figuring out new things is definitely something you should play around with; it helps to have some good bases though, so maybe a few trick ladders would help get the creativity flowing. Hm.

What's your favourite trick/combo?
>>
>>5709349
not the other anon but i live in the bay area ca and recently went to the BAC (bay area classic) and spent 120 walked away with five throws. get this shit i went to yyf booth and asked for an out of box shutter they had, 20$ so i grabbed it. then i went to onedrops booth grabbed a terrerian for 30$ both those throws are 80$-70$ bucks the catch? misprint on the label. so fucking small you couldn't tell. perfectly good yoyo nothing wrong other then the paint job. next year I'm buying more. kids on ebay fight for that shit like no tomorrow. i recommend going to a tournament just to buy it's well worth it if you live in an area that hosts one. pic is my favorite come up there $20 poly carbonate. plays smooth
>>
>>5710688
Goddamn. I am jealous.
I live in the wrong country, clearly. Postage costs way too much and takes too long; $120 would probably get me two decent metals...
Where's the next worlds? After Tokyo, I mean. I doubt I can make it to Japan .-.
>>
>>5711750
dude it was ridiculous. if y'all remember next year I'll make a post after i buy a bunch. see if anybodies interested. they're ripping people off.
>>
>>5716069
I'll definitely take you up on the offer. God knows if I'll remember next year tho ;-;
>>
>>5700098
i have a gold shutter, really like it.

a week ago i bought a canon for 5a play.

also how do i loop? i really can't into 2a
>>
>>5722151
I have a green one, I think it's the sawblade edition or something.

How's the canon? I've been looking at that recently.

No idea. Never had a looping yoyo, went straight into 1A. Gonna give it a shot next time I order stuff tho. Surely there's tutorials about? Although I guess it's kinda hard to teach that kind of stuff, and it's more about muscle memory.
>>
File: IMG-20160503-WA0007.jpg (1MB, 2448x2557px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160503-WA0007.jpg
1MB, 2448x2557px
>>5722239

canon is good, not like the shutter of course, but i mainly bought it for the special counterweight and because yoyotricks shilled it a lot. the only real downside for now is that you can't do fingerspins at all with the canon.

oh, and i followed some tutorials about looping. they mostly say stuff like " do this to do a loop", and i can do it, but then comes the "keep practicing until you git gud" and after a couple of weeks im still shit at looping
>>
used to be really into it about 5 years ago. I went to worlds, knew a lot of the "pros" personally, and have probably around 3 grand into my collection. They're neat, and people are generally amazed when you do it well because it's still an incredibly niche hobby.
>>
Got a Factory One and a DV1, as well as an aluminium Duncan with those wheel rim caps.

Somehow the Factory throws are silky smooth and whisper quiet.
>>
There shit and you should fell bad for liking such gimmicky shit
>>
Yo Yos suck
>>
>>5730126
>Gimmicky shit

You could apply this to the while board you dumb cuck
>>
>>5693248
Came here looking for a yoyo thread, guess ill Check this board more often
>>
>>5735605
same
>>
>>5722270

sounds decent. im not a fan of grinds in general so that's not a downside.
i do kinda dislike yotricks. they're pretty avid about selling their stuff. maybe ill hold back.

also kinda weary to start looping. besides, 1A is fun by itself.

>>5735605
>>5735627

sup fellas. came here for the same reason.
what're you throwing?
>>
>>5725528
I've found that too, actually. Yoyoing seems to strike the balance between being as impressive and performance-worthy as juggling and as rewarding as kendama.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.