[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

we preorder now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: BANA10554.jpg (34KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
BANA10554.jpg
34KB, 752x564px
I never had this guy as a kid... I think this reissue looks great, what do you guys think?
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 214x252px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 214x252px
>>5676328
>110$

Looks great though
>>
Have the original in perfect condition.

>nice to save $110
>>
>>5676328
That looks better than what I remember..
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 480x640px
Original isn't as shiny but looks more heroic
>>
File: 4662608334_9903db0246_b.jpg (346KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
4662608334_9903db0246_b.jpg
346KB, 1024x768px
Oh right, I got confused for a second.
I thought they skipped the Shogun, but this mecha appeared first in Power Rangers, right?
Oh well, still gonna hold out for my favorite sentai robot.
>>
>>5676336
$110 is the BBTS price, in stores it'll be less.
>>
it's how much and doesnt come with the falcon!?
>>
>>5676531
if the thunder megazord is pushing 200 I'd argue shogun will push 250.
and i swear to GOD if we get a pink arm...
>>
>>5676623
Shogun is much less complex, and that's really the reason Thunder is the price it is.
Every limb is just a separate component, unlike the Thunder megazord where everything acts as armor for a core component, and has to be engineered as such.
>>
>>5676612
The falcon itself goes for like 65-80 (it's on sale right now). It's silly really.
>>
>>5676628
the shogun is massive and the reason these toys are so expensive is because of the die cast parts and molded portions. shogun is easily one of more detailed megazords and you can bet your ass they'll try to squeeze him for evey penny
>>
>>5676667
The price is probably also influenced by the amount they make. They know for sure that the original Megazord team would definitely sell the most, so they made more, and can reduce the price per figure.
>>
>>5676974
Also the molds for the Megazord already existed because of the 2010 line. Everything after that has had to be made from scratch, which is part of the reason for the higher prices.

Honestly, I wish they'd eliminate diecast. None of the original versions of these toys had any, and it's an active hindrance on several Legacy toys (primarily Dragonzord). But it's seen as a "premium" feature and helps justify the premium price tag.
>>
>>5676531
I had that grey little one...Probably still do.
Ahh memories.
>>
>Tit-Anus reissue never ever
Kill me.
>>
File: titanus-clearance.jpg (334KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
titanus-clearance.jpg
334KB, 1024x1365px
>>5677333
You snooze, you ooze. Gonna wait till the holidays and see if TRU starts clearing out the overstock of Thunder Megazords.
>>
File: Ninja_megazord_2.jpg (24KB, 223x396px) Image search: [Google]
Ninja_megazord_2.jpg
24KB, 223x396px
>>5676328
Proportion wise it looks almost exactly like the suit from the show. I just wish they could have give him some elbows....
>>
I'm waiting for a dragonzord re release to match my megazord
>>
File: Legacy_Black_Gold_Dragonzord_02.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Legacy_Black_Gold_Dragonzord_02.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
>>5677398
The black and gold one is in stores right now. Looks pretty cool.
>>
>>5677267
Die cast won't hinder this toy, it will only benefit. Most of it would be in the frog zord who comprises the lower half anyway
>>
Okay but how the fuck is the Falconzord supposed to connect to it, it no longer has pegs
>>
File: THE PEGS MASON WHAT DO THEY MEAN.jpg (284KB, 1556x1003px) Image search: [Google]
THE PEGS MASON WHAT DO THEY MEAN.jpg
284KB, 1556x1003px
>>5679859
Maybe it will use the holes in pic related and the peg is actually on the bear zord?

If so, it wouldn't be a really good connection.
>>
>>5677343
I sort of regret passing that one up. I can live without it though. Would definitely grab a $100 Thunder Megazord set though.
>>
File: 1422848141097.jpg (18KB, 428x469px) Image search: [Google]
1422848141097.jpg
18KB, 428x469px
>>5676328
Okay, is it just me or are these Legacy Zords barely (and I stress, BARELY) improved re-imaginings of their original toys. The only ones that seemed legit better were the Tiger and Dragon zords. The Tiger for the extra articulation, and the Dragon for the better tail and tampo details.

Why are these things so expensive? I'm really confused about this. It's not like they've bothered to add any real articulation. The Ninjazord still has those shitty hand covers that the original had.

I'm so fucking confused right now. Confused that not only are these things being produced, but by the fact that people are actually BUYING them. It'd honestly make more sense if they just did reissues of these Megazords. At least there would be a good excuse for how shitty they look.
>>
>>5680986
There's a high possibility that the original molds are either lost, or in a state of disrepair so they can't be used. So these new molds are produced in lieu of reissues.

A lot of toylines that got frequent reissues(G1 Transformers, GI Joe,) where able to do so because the original molds where still used somewhat recently when they decided to reissue them. For example, G1 Transformers got rereleases in the late 80's, then reused in G2, and in China a bunch of G1 molds where released in the 90's. So when they started doing reissues in 2000, the molds where still kept on record.

Now with sentai stuff, a lot of those DX releases are only planned to be released for a single year. We've seen sort of reissues in america since around in Space(The rereleased the Super Zeo Zords), but the oldest mold we've seen reused was Ninjor. So, maybe its pure conjecture, but maybe the old molds are just lost to history.
>>
>>5681005
Yea, that's a good point. But even assuming that's the truth, why in the world are these Legacy figures so expensive? They seem to be getting more and more expensive with each release for no reason whatsoever.
>>
>>5681017
I say this as someone who is a Power Rangers fan and loves the franchise deeply, but a lot of Power Rangers fans have more money than sense. There are a lot of people who bought five or more Legacy Morphers so they could display one with each coin. Others buy multiple sets of Zords so they can display them in every mode at once (rather than just buying one set and periodically switching up your display like a sane person). People pay hundreds of dollars for custom made helmets, suits, and props.

Bandai would be foolish not to take notice of this and take advantage of it. And if you try to point this out to fans, they sneer and brush it off as jealousy because you can't afford (or aren't willing to spend the money on) three or four sets of a $200 toy with less engineering complexity and worse QC than your average $25 Transformer.
>>
>>5681017
Tooling mainly.

The molds are VERY expensive to make, that's why Hasbro reused the same 6 body types with minor adjustments for their combiner figures, to help cut down on costs. The legacy Ninja Megazord can ONLY be the Ninja Megazord (though I could see them doing a minor retool to the head and ape Zord for a movie accurate version) not to mention, legacy stuff is t for kids, rather for emotionally stunted man children such as myself to blow our Money on, and they know we will pay...
>>
>>5681160
>The legacy Ninja Megazord can ONLY be the Ninja Megazord
It can also be the Black and Gold Ninja Megazord. I suspect that's their strategy for recouping those tooling costs. Expect Black and Gold Titanus announcement at SDCC or PMC.
>>
>>5681172
True, but that's legitimately ONE option they have with it.

Shogun Megazord has 3. Normal, American pink arm, and black and gold.

Also >black and gold Titanus
Fuck it'll be 399 and i can't justify that shit
>>
>>5679886
Funny how the connection ports for the Shogun Megazord are more apparent than the Ninja Megazord ones. And they didn't even officially reveal that one yet.
>>
>>5680986
The green dragon zord had a lot of awesome engineering with the tail and arms, and a lot of these have nice embossed and painted details where there were once just stickers.
But yeah, the engineering is generally nothing special, and is sometimes even a step back.
>>
>>5680986
Die cast, paint jobs and moldings instead of stickers. honestly just watch a comparison video on youtube. when you have them in hand the difference is pretty clear; theyre more showpiece than toy
>>
>>5677343
god fucking shit this photo makes me cry. i missed out on titanus and now my wallet is going to feel it.
>>
>>5680986
you need to look at the comparison between the thunder megazord and the new legacy thunder megazord. it's night and day. it's tall as hell. not to mention, back in the 90's, you had to buy 2 separate toys to make the full thunderzord. the thunderzord assault team consisting of the Griffin, the Unicorn, the Lion, and the Firebird. the Red Dragon thunderzord came separately, and boy the new one is FUCKING amazing. in dragon form, it looks gorgeous.
>>
>>5676328
when is preorder available??
>>
>>5681144
>a $200 toy with less engineering complexity and worse QC than your average $25 Transformer.

I never understood why Power Ranger/Sentai engineers have a hate boner for articulation. I mean, the Megazord and Thunderzord were sort of understandable because they were old molds. But as time went on, it's almost as if the engineers clung to the parts-forming brick figures that Transformers had moved away from since the early 90's.

Really, how is it that Bandai can shit out a literal brick with fancy paint and make it cost 100+ dollars, but Transformer Masterpieces; something that can assume 2 modes, has great paint aps, diecast (in some cases) and actual articulation can be done for about 80 bucks.

It baffles me how someone can buy that shitty Legacy Falconzord for almost 100 bucks and try to justify it with all these crazy excuses.
>>
>>5682846
the worst part is that the 2010 release of the Megazord was only $20-$25. These current releases are a massive ripoff.
>>
>>5682846
For one, they are fuckhuge and made for children.
Then there is that their designs have more in common with playsets than action figures and the gimmicks would make it hard to implement articulation sometimes.

No idea about the price of these, though. That's just bullshit.
>>
>>5682842
now?
>>
>>5676564
And when you drag your feet on both for 2 years, the price will be even higher.
>>
>>5682870
Not true. It was $40. Went on clearance for $30 because poorfags didn't buy it. Plus it didn't have die cast either.
>>
>>5682959
Actually he's right. I bought it for $25 non clearance at target.
>>
>>5682983
Yep, same here, $25 at Wal-Mart. I hear it went on clearance for as low as $15 at Target. I would've bought more had I known; they'd make for great gifts for friends of mine who want to own some nostalgia pieces.
>>
>>5682870
no die cast, also had stickers while these are painted
>>
>>5682935
where??
>>
>>5684043
bigbadtoystore
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.