[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yokai Medals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

Do any other anons collect Yokai Medals? I've never been big into card collecting, but for some reason I can't get enough of these bastards.
>>
literally killed pokemon
>>
I keep getting the same medals, it's a real pain in the ass but I love them
>>
>>5673301
yokai watch sucks.. the gameplay is crap and one of the monsters is a grandma
>>
>>5673338
>hating grandmamon
>>
>>5673322
I hear ya, I must have like 10 Tattletells
>>
I've got about half of the first series, I was really surprised at the quality of the American watch compared to it's Japanese counterpart considering how much Bandai America usually basterdizes their stuff and honestly after watching the show I don't have a much of a problem with the grandma as I thought I would. I however keep getting Komasan. . .fucking swirls everywhere.
>>
>>5673477
My friend wants a komasan and he couldnt pull one even after 20 packs, can you sell one to him.
>>
>>5673338
okay how about those pokemon that are just plants or just rocks or just humans
>>
>>5673488
Or an ice cream cone.
>>
I used to be really into collecting both the American and Japanese medals but I got kind of burnt out on pulling the same exact American medals after a point. Looking forward to the second series whenever it comes out.
>>
>>5673494
Or literally garbage.
>>
File: DSC_3019.jpg (489KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3019.jpg
489KB, 663x1000px
i really like some of the designs but i just have a few of the model kits
>>
>>5673287
I've collected a shit ton of medals. Love them.
>>
I tried to like Yokai Watch, I really did. The toys look cool and sound fun, but I fucking HATE the show and the game is tedious as hell.

Oh well.
>>
>>5673338
but it's fun
>>
>>5674143
the show is a hit and miss and the first game is very unpolished
but i still enjoyed the franchise mainly i find the design and premise interesting
>>
>>5674143
The game is real fun man, I didnt initaly like the fact you dont choose the attack you perform, but I ended up loving it. Also if you hated the show you watched the english dub like a retard. Dont do that.
>>
File: beautiful pup.png (318KB, 637x319px) Image search: [Google]
beautiful pup.png
318KB, 637x319px
I only have a few medals, and they're just from the little figurines that come with them
Honestly the only thing that'd get me to buy the medal blind packs is if there was a Manjimutt
>>5674235
>implying the english dub isnt the definition of fantastic
honestly the show is crap, i adore it but its literally crap, the english dubs voice acting is so charmingly bad that its actually amazing
>>
>>5673728
New pokemon suck
Yokai sucks
Pokemon is only good when the pokes are animals. So the first two gens
>>
File: pokemon.png (220KB, 462x500px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.png
220KB, 462x500px
>>5675252
literally one fifth of the original pokemon aren't animals

even more if you take out pokemon that are just humans like machop and jynx.
>>
File: alsopokemon.png (107KB, 873x832px) Image search: [Google]
alsopokemon.png
107KB, 873x832px
>>5675263
gen vi introduced 72 new pokemon, 19 of which were not animals. 26%.
>>
how come yokai watch threads always die and its the pokemon players shitting talking it that bumps them
>>
>>5675263
What animal is slowpoke?
>>
>>5675390
ironically i believe slowbro is based off of a yokai so i guess he grandfathered slowpoke in
>>
>>5675276
Binacle and Barbaracle are based off of animals though
>>5675390
Hippopotamus
>>
>>5675382
Because Yokai Watch isn't popular enough to warrant much discussion outside of butthurt Pokemon players that think anything that resembles Pokemon must be a ripoff.
>>
File: CornishBarnacles.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
CornishBarnacles.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>5675398
the resemblance is uncanny desu
>pokemon defense autism squad on full blast
>>
>>5675405
Seems you had no trouble figuring out what they were based off of.
>>
>>5675476
yeah who'd have thought the thing called "binacle" had something to do with "barnacles"

doesn't mean it looks like one though
>>
>>5675485
Maybe not, but I never claimed they did.
>>
>>5675506
>binacle and barbaracle are based off of animals
>i never claimed they looked like animals
>>
>>5675517
>>i never claimed they looked like animals

Who are you quoting? If you correctly read the context of my posts you'd see I was claiming that binacle barbaracle didn't resemble barnacles so well in looks.
>>
This happens every time someone on /toy/ tries to make a Yokai Watch thread.
>>
>How do we get new audiences that aren't already into card collecting?

>I know, let's pump out a different type of material to collect
>>
File: manjimutt.jpg (39KB, 600x625px) Image search: [Google]
manjimutt.jpg
39KB, 600x625px
Poor puppers. Forever alone and unloved.
>>
is there any use for the medals or are they literaly just like metal cards
>>
>>5676920
You can put them in the watch toy and they make different sounds. But I think that's it.
>>
>>5677130
you could play pogs with them desu
>>
I'll never buy just one pack of Yo-Kai medals again. I ended up with so many extras last time.

For Series 2, I just bought the whole box, and that guarantees you a set. Now I have a bunch of extras I need to unload before everyone else has the same extras.
>>
>>5675106
>>5676412
It makes me sad that they are making figures of the fart head, a wall, and that celery guy before him.
>>
>>5678694
>hating based wakame-kun
get a load of plebzilla over here
>>
>>5676920
You can scan the QR code in the game and the medal moment figures can hold one with varying success.
>>
Wait you can't shoot the bag with the watch and decide if you need to buy it? AND it doesn't tell time?? What's the point then?
>>
>>5678796
The medals have bumps on the back and the watch reads it like braille.
>>
>>5673287
What's even the point in the metals? Just blind bags to collect a bunch of extras you don't need? For a watch you could never wear in public that doesn't even tell time?

How many metals are there?
>>
>>5679685
>metals
shit-tier bait
>>
>>5679685
They're roleplay toys

To play with
>>
>>5679817
So why does people in the thread want them so badly? Are they going to roleplay too?

>>5679692
I just realized my spelling, my bad.
>>
>>5679908
as soon as the watch goes on clearance, i just want one of each type
>>
>>5686321
Why though? They don't do anything besides makes sounds with a watch that doesn't even tell time.
>>
File: proton1.jpg (182KB, 660x548px) Image search: [Google]
proton1.jpg
182KB, 660x548px
>>5686338
plain old fun. I wish i could turn into aliens and summon yokais, but all i have is imagination and these things help. also the songs are neat
>>
>>5686401
So you play pretend? At your age?
>>
>>5689298
yeah! wanna see my youtube?!
>>
>>5689343
Yes, I want to see autism in action.
>>
>>5675485
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goose_barnacle
>>
>>5679685
They give you a free, and sometimes complete,y unobtainable Yokai if you scan the qr code on the back into the actual video game.
>>
>>5673301
Nah anon, Pokemon killed Pokemon. They keep shooting themselves in the foot game after game, one step forward, two steps back. I hope Sun/Moon change this, but we'll have to see.

>>5699560
Are there actually Yokai you can only get with the medals? That sucks if so.
>>
>>5700111
Unless the qr code is unique for a one time use, I'm sure you can just find the pictures of them online.
>>
>>5700111
>yokai watch, shit does move on their own
>you get to play sometimes

the gameplay is literal shit, its a fucking joke

you don't need a functioning brain to play it
>>
>>5673338
>cute grandma with bigass jukebox speakers is bad
>pokemon that is literally a key ring is good

If you want to cherrypick, fine, but do it on reddit.
>>
>>5700876
Klefki is based on a keychain and the pagan tradition of blaming fairies for the loss of small objects, like shoes and keys.

If you want to cherrypick, fine, but do it on reddit.
>>
>>5673287
I got all of series one plus the gamestop exclusive. Excited for the second series and the third. Saving my money just for a box.
>>
>>5689298
>being this allergic to fun
>at your age
>>
>>5701289
>Thinks being autistic is fun

>>5701099
Why?
>>
>>5701293
Friend, we're on a japanese based image board website, on a board with a focus on adult toy collecting.

We're all fucking autistic here.

Everyone has fun in different ways and you just need to deal. Do you also go and harass the lego thread too? or are you an assblasted pokefag that cant handle competition?
>>
>>5701309
That doesn't explain the appeal of collecting medals that do absolutely nothing, you might as well be collecting overpriced stamps.

Playing pretend in your adult age is taking things into the realm of delusion
>>
>>5700111
No, there aren't any that you can only get with the medals. There's a capsule machine in-game, and there are a few yokai that you can only get through the capsule machine. Scanning QR codes from the medals gives you coins to use in the capsule machine, but you can also get these coins in-game as rewards for sidequests and shit. Not to mention, you can literally scan pictures of the QR codes from the Internet, so you can get a metric fuckton of coins without buying a single medal.
>>
>>5701402
First world problem: you can only use the crank-a-kai 3 times a day. you can change your 3DS time, but then you have an extra scene where Gargaros scolds you. no consequences really, just an inconvenience of going through extra steps
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.