[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You knoe who need new figures?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 17

File: rgb_dvd2008_packaging_case_vol1a.jpg (1000KB, 801x1109px) Image search: [Google]
rgb_dvd2008_packaging_case_vol1a.jpg
1000KB, 801x1109px
You knoe who need new figures?
>>
>>5671313
Sure as fuck more deserving than the new movie ones for sure.

Hell I'd take Extreme Ghostbusters ones.
>>
>>5671318

As long as Garret FINALLY gets a figure.

And do some of some cartoon-original ghosts like The Boogieman, The Grundel, Samhain and Sandman
>>
Mattel said 2 years ago they were going to do a proper 6" line, and they never followed through.

I'm fucking sick of any movie merch. I don't even give a shit about the original movie figures. I want cartoon Janine, not Annie Potts looking like a guy. Mattel's actor likenesses are shit and DST is too little, too late on the market.

Those Mego figures didn't count. They didn't even have bicep swivels to hold their wands properly, and Mego was never good.
>>
Been watching this. It's great. Extreme Ghostbusters was great too.
>>
>>5671318
Sure you're sure?
>>
>>5671344
the only ones who hate EGB are the morons who honestly thought the Dave Coulier/ABC era of RGB was any good.
>>
File: sadfas.jpg (72KB, 644x381px) Image search: [Google]
sadfas.jpg
72KB, 644x381px
>>5671329
>I want cartoon Janine, not Annie Potts looking like a guy.

Agreed!
>>
>>5671313
I'd really love to see Mezco One:12 figures of these guys.
>>
>>5672772
yea.... i'm gonna need the artist, mate
>>
>>5672840
flick-the-thief on dA. Seriously took like 2 minutes using the built-in image search options on 4chan.
>>
I never noticed how Venkman looks like captain planet till just now. He doesnt even look a little like Bill Murray
>>
>>5671313
Since LEGO has the license now, I want them to make these guys with the many Ectos from the show.
>>
>>5672977

Wasn't there actor likeness issues?
>>
File: shopping-1.jpg (66KB, 443x600px) Image search: [Google]
shopping-1.jpg
66KB, 443x600px
I saw a 'Classic' Ghostbusters fig line at walmart the other day. Didn't look spectacular but wasn't awful either.
>>
>>5677391
Yes, DiC didn't want to pay the actors the hefty fortune they wanted.

>>5672977
DiC was real bad about reusing stuff.

Peter Venkman - Captain Planet
Janine - COPS Nightshade and Sonic SatAM Sally Acorn
Captain N's entire plot - SatAM

They were incredibly cheap.
>>
>>5677568
>$20 each
>probably lacking PKE meter or trap accessories
>stupid BAF logo ghost no one asked for

they'd have to be half that price for me to get them.
>>
>>5677568
>>5677610

Pretty sure someone said in the last Ghostbusters thread that these were figures from like, 8 years ago just repackaged.
>>
>>5677568
Other than winston's likeness, the new Diamond Select figures are better in every way.
>>
was there a "fake" ghostbusters cartoon at some point? why the need to put "Real" in the title?
>>
File: 549_1882749708.jpg (33KB, 300x209px) Image search: [Google]
549_1882749708.jpg
33KB, 300x209px
>>5677654
Actually yes.

There was a live action kids show in the late 70's called "The Ghostbusters" that was terrible. Filmation(Same studio as He-Man) made a cartoon in 1986 to try and steal some money from the success of the movie. So legally they had to call it something else. So just to stick it to Filmation they called their cartoon "The REAL Ghostbusters"
>>
File: Ghostbusters.jpg (136KB, 721x350px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters.jpg
136KB, 721x350px
>>5677654

It was to set it apart from Filmation's Ghostbusters, which came out in the late 70s, or early 80s, or whatever.
>>
>Real Ghostbusters Figmas
FUND IT
>>
>>5677597
The way they handled it was pretty neat. The movies were just movies based on their adventures and the cartoon was the "real" universe.
>>
>>5677690
That was a fantastic episode.
>>
>We could have had Ghostbusters in Hell.
>Instead we got Ghostbusters Womyn Diversity Team Problem Glasses the movie.
>>
File: PA040370_2.jpg (78KB, 487x463px) Image search: [Google]
PA040370_2.jpg
78KB, 487x463px
>>5671329
I bought a big figure of Real Ghostbusters Janine in full ghostbusting gear in a boxed set with Samhain and Slimer from toys are us about 2 years ago. It had a big cardboard Ghostbusters firehouse you could build with opening doors and shit. It was really cool.
>>
>>5677654
>>5677664
>>5677669

'Fake' Ghostbusters was based on a radio show from the 1920's. Much closer to the original Ghostbusters than the 'Original Ghostbusters'.
>>
>>5679688
wait what the fuck is going on?

I thought that the movie was based on a SNL sketch and then the "real" ghostbusters were based on that movie.

What is this shit about original ghostbusters?
>>
>>5679696
Okay so it was 1975, I just remembered this old black and white photo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ghost_Busters
>>
>>5679665

Seeing the original 'busters ages, and Egon being dead, would've rather have had something akin to Extreme Ghostbusters with talented actors and writers as opposed to Cuntbusters.
>>
>>5679679
I said it before, those Mego figures sucked.
>>
>>5677568
Pick up the Diamond Selects GB light version. $12.99 at TRU. Comes with all the accessories minus the base diorama.
>>
>>5677568
I saw two of them hidden behind some other toys at walmart as if someone hide time to pick them up later. Went back the next day and they were gone.

I kinda want them but the $20 price point would make collecting this set over $80 plus tax and that if you can find them in stores and down't pay the online scalper prices.

Scalpers really are the worst. All my local stores are out of them. I visited two Walmarts, Two Targets, A toys are us and they are all gone. I don't think we have that many hardcore GB fans in my area. Just one or two scalperfags.
>>
File: 1461590477795.jpg (108KB, 596x334px) Image search: [Google]
1461590477795.jpg
108KB, 596x334px
Their bringing back Ecto cooler?! Where have I been?!
>>
File: Capture.jpg (101KB, 1068x736px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
101KB, 1068x736px
>>5677654
>as there a "fake" ghostbusters cartoon at some point?
Actually the "fake" Ghostbusters are the Ghostbusters we know and love today. That "fake" cartoon was based on a live action kids show titled Ghostbusters which predate the 80s films. So if anyone ripped off anyone it was the Ghostbusters we know and love today.
>>
File: 11231581524_1ccda89189_c.jpg (141KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
11231581524_1ccda89189_c.jpg
141KB, 800x584px
>>5681895
I know, but there's no cartoon Slimmer on the boxes!
I never even got to taste those drinks as a child because my parents didn't believe in buying mini juice boxes but I remember seeing Slimmer on them every time I'd go to the store for years. I was so hyped when I found out they were making a come back so I could buy one and save it. Than I saw those horrible Slimmerless images and all my dreams have been dashed .
>>
>>5679679
I was lucky enough to find it for only $9.99!

>>5679739
Why? I've had them all on display for years and I love them. One of them is missing the logo on the arm but it's no big deal.
>>
File: eda4b2e9a19c32eb11a22feff49ed52f.jpg (260KB, 1379x552px) Image search: [Google]
eda4b2e9a19c32eb11a22feff49ed52f.jpg
260KB, 1379x552px
>>5681940
that was likely why he put quotes in it
and this isn't the first time a copycat beat out the original.
He-man, Tranformers, and others were second comers that won out over the OCs before them.

Also it's a serious stretch to say 1970 CBS Ghost busters/Ghost-Busters (yes it was two words hence why their was no suit when the 84 film happen) was copied by the 1984 film. I mean it was a two man team with an ape that talk would go to the same castle to deal with the ghost and their sidekick every time. That related nothing to the 84 film. However Filmation saw the success of the 84 film and got bought the old Ghost Buster rights and made a series in 86 based on the old 70s show baiting dim parents and even dimmers kids that this must be based somehow on that film.
Thankful it didn't stick and showed that name alone can't replace quality.
>>
>>5681951
they can't even hold their wands properly because they lack elbow/bicep swivels. While I normally don't jump on the "Mattel can do no right" hate train, I will call them out when they do blatantly screw things up.
>>
>>5681995
>yes it was two words hence why their was no suit when the 84 film happen

NO, that's not what happened at all! Midway through filming the studio found out that there was an existing property with the name. They struck a deal to use the name, and were prepared to use a different title if they could not arrange the deal.

However, they went in blind and only made a deal for the film rights. Filmation banked on the movie being a big success and planned to revive their version after. Hence the "Real" added to the cartoon.

These days I have no idea who even owns the original, and with the Filmatin-tied Mattel only doing the more popular version, I guess no one who owns the original even cares to try to bring it back.
>>
>>5681895

Heard it's gonna taste different though.
>>
>>5681940

I still don't understand why Sony is rebooting that version this year instead of the more well-known one.
>>
>>5682033
go be subtlety racist somewhere else pal.
>>
>>5682323
You don't even need to be racist. She's just really fucking ugly and they know it too. They could've picked any black woman and they picked the Hunchback of Notre Dame looking one to play the stereotypical sassy, fat black woman.
>>
>>5682337
That part in the commercial where she stage dives and nobody catches her was awful.
>>
>>5682337
I think they did it because they knew /pol/ would take the bait and throw racist remarks out, because /pol/ bigots are retarded and easy to manipulate. The only way they could've baited those fuckers harder is if they hired Zoe Quinn to be in it.
>>
>>5682374
Well, it worked, and it still won't make their budget back. Hollywood has no idea what they're doing anymore.
>>
File: Anita_SarDavidDukeKeesian.jpg (150KB, 719x693px) Image search: [Google]
Anita_SarDavidDukeKeesian.jpg
150KB, 719x693px
>>5682382
if it fails they can always blame it on "piracy", which I think this is being set up to do since the MPAA is part of a big consortium right now pushing to strengthen copyrights and punishments. They probably want a "big name" movie to bomb so the accountants can whip out some made-up bullshit claiming that it was torrented heavily and it hurt the movie.

Plus it lets Anita Fascist Cunt claim that men are out to get her.
>>
>>5682374
Don't lump in /pol/ with gg. I want nothing to do with a bunch of white supremacists and most of gg doesn't either.
>>
>>5682374
You're getting your scapegoats mixed up.
>>
>>5677664
It was a lot more complicated than that.

Columbia pictures initially negotiated with Filmation to produce a cartoon spinoff based on the movie, but then that fell through and they went to DiC instead, but they weren't allowed to call it just "Ghostbusters".

Either way I can't imagine Lou Scheimer being too happy with them running off on him either.

>>5671313
I'd be happy if they just reissued the original Kenner toys. At least then we could get Ecto-1 too.
>>
>>5682551
>At least then we could get Ecto-1 too.
isn't it being made again for the cuntbusters?
>>
>>5682406
a quick browsing of the gg board on 8ch says otherwise. It's

>black people piss me off
>liberals piss me off
>Milo is so based
>vote Trump, build wall
>women ruin everything
>Darren Wilson dindu nuffin

I got a permanent ban over there for calling both Anita and George Zimmerman "professional victims"
>>
>>5682551
>Hasbro letting Mattel use molds they now own

That'll happen

In all fairness, most RGB toys weren't even form the cartoon, and since they were sculpted when the original demo reel was done, they don't look much liek the toon(Ray;s gigantic gut, Winston's face being way off). There were 4 Janine figures and only one looked halfway decent, and it had brown hair.

EGB toys actually fared a bit better but still suffered from being done during the early draft of the show(no Garret, Roland with an "angry dumb jock" expression).

Minimates and Retro at least tried to get show stuff in, just that both lines aren't really suitable to be considered top-tier.
>>
>>5682726
and really, where the fuck was GG when Gerstmann was fired?

The whole ordeal started because some random nobody woman wasn't leading a Christian lifestyle and some asshole godboy on twitter took offense. It was only magically made a gaming thing because she made some forgettable indie title.

It didn't start because a multi-billion dollar game publisher got a man fired because he wouldn't shill their awful game. That lost GG any and all credibility. In fact, Gerstmann has openly shredded GG for being full of shit.
>>
>>5682752
>and really, where the fuck was GG when Gerstmann was fired?
That was reported on in actual gaming websites and wasn't ignored or buried like anything negative about Quinn was. Stop bringing him up when it adds nothing to your point.
>>
>>5682726
>>liberals piss me off
>>Milo is so based
>>vote Trump, build wall
>>women ruin everything
>>Darren Wilson dindu nuffin

Those things are all true.

>>5682752
>and really, where the fuck was GG when Gerstmann was fired?
GG started as a conspiracy theory because several gaming communities started censoring comments en masse and banning people for trying to talk about Quinn sleeping around for publication. GG has virtually nothing to do with Quinn except for supporting the exboyfriend whose name she and gaming publications smeared. It was a response to a conspiracy that gaming publications were in cahoots to suppress their communities and then a bunch of sites published "gamers are dead" articles and a few thousand angry people turned into tens of thousands of angry people.

Nobody suppressed discussions about Gerstmann.
>>
>>5682781
>>5682753
Stop responding to them.
>>
>>5681946
>slimmer
>>
>>5682573
What, the original?
>>
we had this thread before and I said it there but ill say it again here.

>Shitty movie busters getting high end figs before Kylie Extreme or IDW.

yeah not like she was the first proper full time buster. let's ignore facts and franchise history
>>
>>5682781

>Those things are all true.

Oh gg never change.
>>
>>5682406
>Don't lump in /pol/ with gg.
We lose more and more Ghostbusters threads that way. The whole thread just gets derailed with a thousand Trump/Hilary images and arguing. I thought we could be safe from that shit here on /toy/ but I guess not.
Goodbye Ghostbusters thread. Hello upcoming presidential election thread.
>>
>>5677654
>>5677664
>>5677669
>>5679688
>>5679696
>>5681940

Actually the name Real Ghostbusters comes from the fact that according to the cartoon the cartoon universe was actually the real world Ghostbusters and the movie was actually a movie based on them within the fictional universe of the cartoon.

There's even an episode about it where they film the movie in the cartoon based on their "real" cartoon selves exploits.

But yes there was a Ghostbusters cartoon previously but it has nothing to do with Real Ghostbusters.
>>
>>5682956

Not to mention much cuter the B-list female comedians Shitbusters.
>>
>>5681895
I hope we get green ketchup too, now is pretty much the perfect time for it.

someday i hope for a time for crystal pepsi too
>>
I always liked the goth chick in Extreme.
>>
>>5684843
That episode came much later; the true reason was, as stated, to keep kids from being confused as to which Ghostbusters cartoon was based on the movie.
>>
>>5681940
kind of like oreos. There was a brand of sandwich cookies that Oreo copied. The original brand died out and people only know oreos.
>>
Playmates released their classic molds for tmnt.
I hope the old RGB toys also gets rereleased.
>>
>>5685105
Crystal Pepsi is coming back later this year.
>>
>>5682337
It's not like any of the original cast was handsome.
>>
>>5688520
Yeah, Hydrox. They're making them again, though.
>>
File: BowlingAlleyGhostsDesign.jpg (80KB, 670x397px) Image search: [Google]
BowlingAlleyGhostsDesign.jpg
80KB, 670x397px
Looking at some of the concept art for the cartoons and holy shit do they look awesome. Creepy too at times like something out of those "Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark" books.
>>
>>5685238
She was the first cartoon i wanked to
>>
>>5684843

That was just a way to explain to viewers, mostly children, why there was a "Real" in the title.

>>5682006

This is actually correct.
>>
>>5681995
I need to buy a new future machine. I played with mine so much its beat down as shit.
>>
>>5672772

You coulda just posted the whole thing. It's nonnude

>tfw no Figma Kylie and Janine
>>
>>5685238

I think everyone did.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.