[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toys 2016 Census

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 263
Thread images: 75

File: 10th.jpg (9KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
10th.jpg
9KB, 300x200px
Alright /toy/ soldiers, time for a general census of this board.
Just post your:
What brought you here?
What made you stay?
Try to keep it entertaining, keep shitposting to minimum, and feel free post general toy photography.

Disclaimer: not my photograph, currently away from home and toys. Found it via google.

I will start

Male
After meeting my girlfriend who happened to like collecting toys, I decided to get back into the hobby I gave up when I was younger. I had always visited 4chan's other boards and had seen the /toy/ board before. So I decided coming here would be a good way to see what toe of toys were out there. Several figmas, revoltechs, figuarts, 3a's, mezcos, 3a's, and necas later, I'm stick here.

The reason I've stayed is the community mostly. Although this board can be toxic at times (which board isn't?) I still enjoy the fact that there is a place collectors from all around the globe can meet and speak anonymously to each other. And the /toy/ photography threads are a blast to look through.
>>
>21
>M
>/m/'s gunpla thread is trash
>/m/ is trash
>>
M
I've been on 4chan since 2005
4chan? The original content, raids, and initial freedom.
/toy/? Keep up with upcoming releases.
>>
>>5631500
Male
When the spawn booards went offline I looked into a good place to discuss toys.
Even though it's one of the slower boards, it's onr of the better forums for toy discussions, news and pics.
>>
tranny
no friends
only place I feel comfortable in the world
>>
>>5631500
>31
>M
>I've been on 4chan since 2005, no singular event brought me to /toy/
>The constant information about upcoming releases
>>
>>5631557

wow way to be oriental, faggot
>>
Male
Anime discussion and /a/'s buyfag threads. I came to toy to discuss Star Wars stuff and I stay for the BST.
>>
>21
>M
>bionicle reboot, /co/ and /v/ being shit
>bionicle and lego generals, customs thread, news about figures I would never have known about otherwise (pose skeletons in particular) /v/ and /co/ still being shit
>>
File: For zeon.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
For zeon.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Male
Proud australian shitposter

I came to this board before the start of 2015 because I was having hardcore nostalgia for bionicle, which in turn had me hyped for the 2015 sets. I stayed after I started collecting evangelion and gunpla. Some people might remember me as the guy who was always posting in Eva toy threads. Then my eva collection was slowly fading as I became more interested in gunpla and started posting there.

I love this board because as one other anon said, it made me buy pose skellies when i went to Japan.
>>
File: IMG_20140609_120102_283.jpg (818KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140609_120102_283.jpg
818KB, 3264x2448px
>Age
>Sex
Attack Helicopter
>What brought you here?
I visited other 4chan boards long before coming here, I've always had an interest in toys
>What made you stay?
I've got nothing better to do
>>
Female

Dedicated toy sites are full of shitposting and I wanted an alternative.
/toy/ genuinely has less shitposting than any dedicatid toy site I've seen so far.
>>
>21
> F
>Quicker and more varied info on toys, people know what they're talking about
>Far less cliquey and shitty than toy forums
>>
File: ish_31.jpg (645KB, 640x990px) Image search: [Google]
ish_31.jpg
645KB, 640x990px
>age

>gender
Male

>when/why you came
Late 09/early 2010. Twitter told me I might catch a glimpse of pic related before it was officially revealed.

>why you stayed
The community was fun and welcoming, games and giveaways happened every other week. I started collecting fancier and more diverse things and /toy/ has helped me stay in the loop.

Stay fun /toy/
>>
M
Japanese highly articulated figures.
Lego/Transformers/crazy japanese stuff.
>>
>25
>M
>I've been on 4chan since 2006. I started coming to /toy/ at the dawn for transformers and Kamen Rider figures.
>The crazy shit people say, and the occasional new figure. It's easier to keep up on new releases by checking here.
>>
>>5631595
>Far less cliquey and shitty than toy forums
>nothing but generals
>nothing but shitposters
I agree with the other part, though
>>
File: ISHYGDDT.png (572KB, 608x579px) Image search: [Google]
ISHYGDDT.png
572KB, 608x579px
>22
>Male
>I like discussing toys but hate regular forums because of the mod ass kissing and cliquey 10,000+ post count members
>the lack of the above, though tripfags and namefags are still pretty common, they're easy to ignore.
>>
Boy
A friend showed me this horrible place unintentionally by linking me to upcoming toy releases a while back. Sadly, prior to this I was mainly on /b/ and /v/, thankfully those days are over.
I stayed here mainly for things like BST and the fact that it's one of the easiest ways to find out upcoming releases without having to dig through Japanese websites myself.
>>
>>5631500
male
Starwars action figures
Starwars actuion figures and lego general
>inb4 underagecuck

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>>
File: DSCN1926.jpg (805KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1926.jpg
805KB, 1600x1200px
>Age
>Sex
Male

>What brought you here?
Was curious to see how transformers have been after all these years, boy have they changed yet stayed almost the same in other ways

>What made you stay?
News relay, alot of it is already on foreign sites but sometimes I can beat english sites to the punch, I like to spread the good word
>>
File: rare haruka.jpg (176KB, 712x606px) Image search: [Google]
rare haruka.jpg
176KB, 712x606px
>>5631613
hey kid wanna /ss/
>>
Sex: male
Reason I'm here: I've lurked on /b/ since I was like 13 and I collect figures.
Reason I stay: although you guys can be dicks I appreciate the criticism, and there are some tips here I never would have learned on my own.
>>
>>5631613
fuck off
>>
File: ih8u.jpg (21KB, 300x211px) Image search: [Google]
ih8u.jpg
21KB, 300x211px
>>5631637
that hurt me
>>
File: Double decker trouble tv.jpg (163KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
Double decker trouble tv.jpg
163KB, 980x735px
>>5631500
Age 23
Sex m
What brought you here? That new toy smell fueled an interest for weird toys and motu and i already browsed 4chan for a few years.
What made you stay? Fucking Lego is a hell of a drug man, i always monitor the generals for leaks and people sharing builds/photography and legoquest ofcourse!
>>
>>5631640
i don't care
fuck off
>>
File: DSC03355.jpg (725KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03355.jpg
725KB, 1632x1224px
>Age
>Sex
M
>What brought you here?
G1 Soundwave, Henkei Optimus and Minimates Ironman
>What made you stay?
Suri, Kuma, TK-1987, Baltan II, CC Rider, other generally good tripfags that helped promote positive attitudes and progressive posting. Oh, and to keep up with upcoming toys.
>>
File: chillin.jpg (549KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
chillin.jpg
549KB, 1200x800px
>Age

>Sex
M

>What brought you here?
I've collected toys pretty much my whole life. Started taking photos of my toys for fun.
I found this bored a couple years after I discover 4chan. I lurked for a good year or two before I decided to start posting. It seemed like a really friendly place.

>What made you stay?
At this point it's habit mostly. I still collect toys and still take photos but rarely post now. At least not as much as I used to. I mostly lurk and get toy news.
>>
File: 9d588f70-s.jpg (57KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
9d588f70-s.jpg
57KB, 750x1000px
>26
>female
>Wreck-Gar from TFA piqued my interest since I liked Weird Al, got into the show and wanted a toy or two. Decided to check out /toy/ as I was already familiar with 4chan, went downhill from there.
>Prefer the format of the imageboard, otherwise I'd post on forums. I do lurk on some forums however.
>>
File: tumblr_m5pu2roWVo1qa6tuoo1_.jpg (172KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5pu2roWVo1qa6tuoo1_.jpg
172KB, 500x334px
>Age:

>Sex:
Female

>What brought you here?
I collect BJDs and other dolls, heard there was a regular BJD thread on /toy/ and decided to check it out (mostly because I was curious)

>What made you stay?
The thread turned out to be pretty interesting, and while we sometimes have our shitposting moments it's actually pleasant most of the time.
It's nice to have an anonymous spot to talk about the hobby and dolls, since there's a lot of sugarcoating and fake-sweet-behaviour among collectors, confession blogs and whatnot.

Also like to see other toys I think are interesting but don't want to own. Am a big fan of more general discussion threads and I help out when photography question threads pop up.
I also really like the pace of this board, it's not too slow but moves in a way that makes it possible to actually check on threads and participate.
>>
>Age

>Sex
Female

>What brought you here?
I was an /m/ regular when I was in high school and /toy/ got started and I kind of just migrated over because I was getting back into buying toys (which I took a break from for a couple years as a teenager)

>What made you stay?
I don't really like 4chan overall any more and I don't think I like the average person on here but I've never found a particularly better place to talk about toys so it's good enough. I only really post on here and TFW and the people are kind of shit both places but neither of them are annoying enough to completely scare me away the way most other places do lol
>>
>>5631613
is this still a bannable offense?
>>
>>5631500
Sex: Male
What brought you here? I've loved toys since I was a kid, when this board was created I started browsing. Didn't forsee it was going to be populated by weaboos though.

What made you stay? The cool pics and the autism.
>>
>>5631713
take your fatass to reddit you ugly dyke
>>
>>5631733
I think since /toy/ is a worksafe board it's fine
>>
>>5631743
4chan itself is 18+.

Whether or not the underagefag will get banned is if we get a moderator. Unfortunately, that only ever happens on a blue moon.
>>
File: pulpfiction.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pulpfiction.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>5631666
>those trips
>suitcase unlock number from that very same scene
>pulp fiction/devil parallels
>ghost rider/hell parallels
>>
>>5631500
>Age

>Sex
Male

>What brought you here?
At first, /v/-related toys. Started buying shit impulsively and almost randomly while shitposting and being a general obnoxious cunt. I also think it's safe to say that I caused a good bit of the /v/ influx from all of the threads I used to make on there.

>What made you stay?
As I got further into collecting I took up photography as a hobby but avent had the opportunity to just shoot for some time now. /toy/ became my main board because /v/ has just been a terrible place to post or browse.

The buyfag threads there now are especially shit. It's so annoying to see them latefagging about anything like
>WHENS THIS COME OUT
>WHERE CAN I GET THIS
>WHY ARE THESE SO EXPENSIVE
>IS THIS A BOOTLEG
>>BUYING JAPANESE PLASTIC DOLLS
Along with that one guy who posts his wall of detolfs filled with statueshit in EVERY SINGLE THREAD. I think I hate them so much because I was the same way.

/toy/ isn't much better but at least OC comes out of this place regularly.
>>
>>5631742
Did that post trigger you or what?
>>
>>5631725
>i dont really like 4chan
>i dont think i like the average person on here
>lol

go back to tumblr ya cunt
>>
>>5631761

I'm sorry sweetie but you're going to just have to live with the fact that *gasp* a girl posts on your precious image board

I'm sure you'll cope somehow
>>
>>5631500
>Age
>Sex
male
>What brought you here?
Been on 4chan since 05
I always visit new boards when they are made and try to make an effort to spend a day's worth or more time feeling it out
>What made you stay?
Stay is a strong word. It's a slow board that takes weeks or more to dramatically go through threads or topics. Also since the trend of generals on all boards took off around mid 09 it's killed a lot of creative talk and it's now mostly sanctioned topics that go in loops until news on toys releases.
>>
>>5631742
>>5631761
Is this the same guy?
Calm your tits man
>>
File: blurr.jpg (3MB, 3072x4608px) Image search: [Google]
blurr.jpg
3MB, 3072x4608px
>>5631500
Almost 21
Male
Went from /b/rowsing in highschool to more of the interest boards. I also browse /co/, /tv/, /out/, and occasionally /mu/

Nobody else around here is interested in toys, so its nice to talk to people about new figures, share photography, etc. I moved from Transformers to Black Series, Figuarts, and Marvel legends. I know its all "pleb" stuff, but I enjoy it
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 960x640px
>Age

>Sex
Male

>What brought you here?
Used to post on /fit/ all the time and after I started collecting GI Joes I needed somewhere to post pictures and just kinda found this place before Pisstank, Fighting 118 and Facebook groups..

>What made you stay?
Pretty funny most of the time, and like seeing the pics posted and generally whenever I'm bored it's fun to listen to people whine about small lumps of plastic!

Pic related, my best shot
>>
>>5631764
It's not the gender, it's the attitude. In fact, both of you seem pretty shitty.
>>
>21
>male
>gunpla
>toys and gunpla.

I thought kamen rider was stupid for a long time, but SIC is the thing that turned me onto it initially
>>
>>5631764
Being a fat cow doesn't make you a girl, it makes you a fat cow
>>
>>5631837
What kind of attitude?
>>
how long has /toy/ been around anyway?
>>
>>5631852

Since like 2008
>>
>>5631837
I get that >>5631725 might come across as a bit shitty with their 'I don't really like it here' attitude.

But what did >>5631713 do to be called a 'fat dyke that should go back to R'?
Girl says she likes it here, likes to help out, thinks it's a good place to talk, is interested in other toys too.

I don't get some of you, do you talk like that to females in real life too?
>>
>>5631875

I'm pretty sure they don't talk to females in real life period
>>
File: white knight.png (293KB, 580x356px) Image search: [Google]
white knight.png
293KB, 580x356px
>>5631875
>>
File: IMG_20160417_124219.jpg (627KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160417_124219.jpg
627KB, 2448x3264px
>>5631500
26m
I"ve been on 4chan for a decade now, always in the board that interests me the most /co/ /tg/ /g/ /lit/ etc. My previously repressed toy collecting hobby is acting up hence I am here.
Even though lot of shitposting happens, I still find this board fairly informative and on occasion very helpful.
>>
>>5631875
There no girls on the internet you dumbshit
Did you start internetting in 2010?
>>
So much about keeping shitposting to a minimum.
>>
>>5631944

honestly this is a pretty low ratio of shitposts to actual posts for a /toy/ thread
>>
>>5631875
The BJD collector is cool and whoever called her a dyke is shitposting.

>>5631725 is the one with the shitty "l don't like it here and people are shit lol". Then, when insulted, "I'm a girl, deal with it" response when no one mentioned her gender.
>>
>>5631944
This always happens when someone mentions they're a girl. Someone calls her a twat, some white knight comes to the rescue and the whole thread goes to shit.

Keeping it on topic, I thought there would be less women and most people would be in their 30's. So far the results are surprising.
>>
File: 20151109_160850.jpg (3MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20151109_160850.jpg
3MB, 4608x2592px
>23
>M
>Misclicked on my way to /tg/
>gunpla general

I rarely buy anymore gunpla these days, though. I keep up more with SHF and figma and RD. I really do enjoy seeing all the different kinds of toys though, and I've found myself impassioned with figures in general. I've made it a bit of a goal of myself to try to collect a handful of figures from each Japanese line in the range of 30-60 USD just to have some nice things to compare to each other. On top of that, it's kind of given me a goal in life. I'm still young and have some young-and-stupid debt to take care of, but I've always wanted to run my own business and I find myself wanting to run an import toy store of some kind. Maybe have comics and shit just for business purposes, as the city I live in has nothing of the sort. Just have to get myself set up and then this is just what I'll be doing for life.

[nospoiler]I'd really like to run some sort of review blog/channel/whatever but I just don't have the time it feels like. Maybe one day.[/blog]
>>
>>5631996
>This always happens when someone mentions they're a girl.
Except there are female posters who haven't received such a reply.
>>
>>5631548
I'm glad we can make you feel comfortable in a community you enjoy. If you want a supportive friend I'd love to chat on kik.
>>
File: P1010158.jpg (937KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
P1010158.jpg
937KB, 1500x1125px
Male
Been on 4chan since like 2004, I can't really remember, shoop da woop, longcat, and chargin mah lazer were the popular memes. Came because I was around when /toy/ got made and it looked fun.
Ended up being here because /toy/ got me back into plamo and into imported toys in general, stayed because pretty much every other dedicated toy forum is worse and usually single-line.

I only really go to /a/ buyfag threads and /toy/ anymore. /tg/ turned into a shitfest of all quest threads, if they allowed statueshit here I'd have very little reason to continue going to /a/
>>
File: 1458665203106.jpg (114KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458665203106.jpg
114KB, 960x720px
male
For awhile I was really interested in photography, I found toys good subjects as they don't move and could be posed. I started mostly only using legos from my childhood and a few action figures but eventually became interested in getting new toys to photograph. Eventually my interesting photography kinda went away, I've had thoughts of starting again, but my interest in toys remained. I used other boards on here and seeing as it had a toy board I thought I might as well try going here.

Sorry for the blog post.
>>
File: rs0009.png (1MB, 815x610px) Image search: [Google]
rs0009.png
1MB, 815x610px
Male

I came to /toy/ during summer 2015 after buying my first figure. I think I was trying to fill a void after losing someone special.

I stick around for photo and robot damashii generals. I also enjoy lurking pretty much all action figure and building toys threads. And I enjoy the haul threads a lot.
>>
File: file.png (139KB, 259x202px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
139KB, 259x202px
>>5631500
>Age
38 (Now I feel old)
>Sex
Male
>What brought you here?
I've been on 4chan since mid/late 2008, lurking /wg/ and /po/ first and on /toy/ sometimes, then I saw all the OC of toy photography from anon on /toy/ and from futaba and that made collect figures again, so I became a /toy/soldier
>What made you stay?
As I'm collecting again to keep with the new releases and the general freedom and interesting stuff that happen her on 4chan
>>
>>5631613
>(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Never gets old
>>
>>5632063
my phone got stolen. maybe someday =]
>>
>>5632146
Email? I'm very adaptable.
>>
F

Checked it out on a whim because I needed to branch out from /a/ and I never really stopped buying figures growing up. I think I started coming here in 2011 (I miss giveaway threads).

I love the atmosphere in this place. Not cliquey as other toy forums, like others have said, and the fact that there's a huge mix of toylines to see on here is great (versus forums that are only for MOTUC, only for Transformers, ect)
>>
>>5631624
>there are some tips here I never would have learned on my own
For example?
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 600x900px
23, female, took up with a shitty boyfriend in 2013 who introduced me to /toy/. I stayed because you guys are hilarious, the place has a great collection of resources and I like saving photos and sharing some of my own. Pic related is not mine.
>>
File: 1421539382092.jpg (54KB, 340x433px) Image search: [Google]
1421539382092.jpg
54KB, 340x433px
>>5631613
>>
File: DSC_0170.jpg (679KB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0170.jpg
679KB, 1620x1080px
Male
I'm just here for the plastic robutts
>>
>>5631500
>this board can be toxic at times
SJW spotted.
>>
>>5632150
eh...

skype?
>>
>age
>gender
Male

>when/why you came

Don't know like a year ago Pizza Spidey catch my eye and I went to Marvel General and just went from there to get figmas and sh

>why you stayed
This is one of the coolest boards and less shitty people and they keep me interested everytime
>>
File: 20160423_155548_HDR-1.jpg (951KB, 2038x2454px) Image search: [Google]
20160423_155548_HDR-1.jpg
951KB, 2038x2454px
Dude.
Camera here off of /m/ hoping to talk about robot toys and specifically revos around 2009 or so.
Stayed because at least back then the community wasn't toxic and now even though it's kinda shit there's still more capacity for fun than any other board I visit on here now that /tg/ is horsecock generals and /m/ has nothing to talk about. Also you faggots make me get into stuff I had no idea I'd love like modern 3rd party TFs, Marvel legends and other awesome shit like Daibadi. Love you faggots. Even dragging my girlfriend into this shit with the vidya stuff I have.

>>5632063
This totally isn't creepy at all.
Chriiiiist.
>>
>>5632226
>creepy

Go away, homophobe.
>>
>Age
>Sex
Male
>What brought you here?
Toys
>What made you stay?
Toys
>>
is this the hitting on the tranny general?
>>
>>5632063
>>5632150
This isn't "try to fuck a tranny general"
Please stop
>>
>>5631505
male
Porn brought me to 4chan. toys brought me to /toy/
New /toy/ talk and the gunpla talk. The first few months of /toy/ was just boring nostalgia.

>>/m/ is trash
/m/ was only good before /tg/ was created. The mass exodus to the holy board left only the waifufags.
>>
File: 1454708761322.jpg (9KB, 228x227px) Image search: [Google]
1454708761322.jpg
9KB, 228x227px
>>5632228
Asking for someone's contact information out of the blue because of them being trans is creepy as fuck bro.

>>5632269
Nah man the issue is that there hasn't been a worthwhile show in fucking years. Inspectors era around 2012 was the last good time before it just became a sea of generals and whining about modern shows.
>>
File: 1325019505230.jpg (450KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
1325019505230.jpg
450KB, 1024x640px
>Age
>Sex
F
>What brought you here?
Lurked 4chan since 2004/2005 mostly /cgl/ was really into weebshit and plamo lurked /m/ for a while mostly for gundam threads, branched off to different plamo got really into girly robots and magical girls toys ended up on /toy/ mostly for figma/figuarts/ and nendo threads.

>What made you stay?
customs and pose threads
>>
>>5632286
Build Fighters was p good.
>Gyanko though
Literally one of the biggest reasons I left.
>>
male
to /toy/, or to 4chan? 4chan in general was porn, back in 2005 or '06. I forget when /co/ was created but I frequented that soon after. We used to have infrequent proto-/toy/ threads back then, mostly on comic figures like Marvel Legends. When /toy/ opened I naturally came over.
As for toys in general, I never really stopped collecting. I collected Batman toys as a young kid, Power Rangers and Beast Wars as well. BW made me sort of a lifelong TF fan, but it's wained in recent years. Kept buying toys through middle school and high school since my brother-in-law taught me how to appreciate figures.I collect a little of everything now, mainly robots and monsters, though.

I stay because of the variety of topics and relative speed of discussion. traditional forums for a lot of my interests tend to move at a snail's pace. The quality of discussion can also be a lot better, eve with shitposting. At least shitposting here is intentional.
>>
>Age
>Sex
Male
>What brought you here?
Initially a curious look at the general world of toy collecting and what was popular currently. I collected Marvel Legends in my teens but sorta stopped. Also a few months later for Gunpla generals.
>What made you stay?
/toy/ inspired me to collect and become interested in the toy collecting scene again. I don't buy stuff often but just coming to this board feels sorta comfy to me. That and my rekindled interest in Gunpla and I'm beginning to buy Dtagon Ball SHF stuff.
>>
File: soccer mom ages.png (2MB, 1361x5280px) Image search: [Google]
soccer mom ages.png
2MB, 1361x5280px
>>5632286
sounds like you weren't there before /tg/ was created.
The level of hilarity that came from RP threads where everyone pretended to be whatever universe their respective mecha/weapon/whatever image came from is only found on /k/ now.
Not even /tg/ has great threads like this anymore.

Also, generals ensure that boards will continue to spiral into low quality content, because fresh meat isn't allowed or welcomed.
>>
>>5632286
He's probably just meming, you fuck.
>>
>>5632307
>he
>>
>>5632305
Nah I found it about six months before nazimod. Just that modern /tg/ is just the worst stereotypes of nerds bashed into one small space. Swear it started when the erp threads appeared and brought in alot of creeps or at least brought the creep in everyone out.
>>
>>5632294
Build Fighters was also 3 years ago bro.
>>
Gay friendless Male
TFA Bulkred balancing contests and similar challenge threads.
Easiest way to keep track of new info on toys I want.
>>
>>5632328
2016 - 3 =/= 2012
>>
>>5631764
i AM a girl

>*gasp*
>assuming the issue is gender oriented

again, go back to tumblr ya cunt
>>
File: 1455517987445.jpg (9KB, 170x158px) Image search: [Google]
1455517987445.jpg
9KB, 170x158px
>>5632357
Ey anon I know the point of this thread is to get information but no need to fall back on your gender just to win, infact the second they said tumblr pretty sure it was bait, also the guy who defended you is a white knight.

One or more people in this reply chain is retarded, so am I for even entering it
>>
M
Lurking for a long time mainly custom generals for tips n shit.
Cant find a better toy community atm.
>>
>>5631743
No it isn't, the 18+ applies to all boards.
>>
>>5632365

I think you're confusing who is who in that conversation anyway lol
>>
>>5632215
Skype is fine by me, what's yours I'll add you
>>
>>5631996
/toy/'s userbase is way younger than people assume.
>>
>>5632403
dedas.ret ;)
>>
M
Wanted to talk about this one figure.
An addictive personality combined with a recent increase in my disposable income.
Help.
>>
>>5632404
Not really. It all makes sense, actually. All the shitty walmart toy buyers are too young to have credit cards and can't buy actual good figures from amiami or HLJ. That's why we have such prominent Neca, Hasbro, and WoN buyer communities. They're stuck with whatever's on the pegs because mom and dad won't lend them their credit cards.

Let's be honest - if you could actually purchase good toys, why in the world would you still buy something chintzy like a Marvel legends figure?
>>
>age
>sex
Female
>what brought you here
I noticed /toy/ had appeared when I was browsing through different boards and I was just getting into collecting.
>what made you stay
This what...what, 2008? One of the first threads I saw was a very civil and serious discussion about hot gluing figures and how to clean them, and I've stayed with this train wreck ever since.
>>
>>5632416
Well it's not like Anti-Venom is getting a figuarts anytime soon.
>>
File: POMF.jpg (440KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
POMF.jpg
440KB, 1920x1080px
>>5631500

M

/v/ unfortunately, in like '07 or something. /toy/ in particular when I got back into transformers with Prime, so sometime around '11? Honestly though, this is the only board I frequent anymore because it's got the least/most tolerable shitposting. Go figure.

Seeing cool new stuff. As much shit as generals get, it was really fun just going into random ones and seeing amazing, expensive toys after the bricks I grew up with. Also, this is for better or worse the best place to keep up with new releases and actually discuss stuff. There's an even chance you'll get trolled to oblivion if you've got a question, but I don't have time to post on a dozen different forums for specific lines anymore. Photography was also a big draw, both other people's and my own attempts. It doesn't hurt that it's pretty much the only form of actual OC on the board. I'm still shit at it, but it's still fun.
>>
>>5632416
with trolls like this, how can you wonder that we have so many teenagers on this board?
>>
>>5632424
I bet it kills you inside that you'll never be able to hotglue a figure.
>>
>>5632429
A little bit, actually.
>>
>>5632428
Calling a Hasbro toy cheap in comparison to an import toy is trolling? Cute.
>>
>>5632424
>>5632429
>>5632437
There isn't a female analogue to hotgluing? You guys get all that yellow crusty shit all over your panties, maybe try sliming a figure with that.
>>
>>5632443
I've heard of more than a handful of batshit fangirls shoving figures up their cunts.
>>
>>5632443
If all else fails she could pay a guy to do it for her while she jerks off, using him as a surrogate glue gun.
>>
>>5632443
>>5632445

Have you seen what discharge does to dark fabric? It literally bleaches it. Imagine all those poor figures ruined with filthy vagina fluids
>>
>>5632459
Why are vaginas so dangerous?
>>
>>5631500
Why sex but no section for race? I'm betting there's tons of black guys on here.
>>
What brought me here: I started collecting toys in college and wandered over here from /an/ (no, not /a/, seriously the animal board) when I saw one of the back-then-infrequent JoJo threads. And the Planelegs threads had me in tears from laughing so that was great too.
Why I stay: Well, I still love collecting toys, and aside from my girlfriend and one or two other friends, nobody else I know is into action figures. And the JoJo thread is still pretty neat.
>>
>>5632507
It said sex not gender.
>>
>>5632507
>cant reconcile with its genitals
>likes jojo

sounds about right
>>
>>5632510
What's the difference?
>>
>>5632514
sex is whether you have a peeper or a bajingo

gender is whatever stupid tumblr candyass thing you identify with
>>
>>5632514
Sex means biological sex, gender is the one that trans people redefined to mean identity shit.
>>
File: P1140389.jpg (480KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
P1140389.jpg
480KB, 1200x1600px
>>5631500
Male
I stumbled onto it randomly one day
I have a place to spam my shitty photos and no one can do anything about it

>>5632507
Here's how to fix your "problem":

Ask yourself if you have been formally diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria. Your answer is going to be no, most likely. Then ask yourself "What genitals do I have?". This is the fun part; Look down your trousers, if you see a sausage-lookin' fella, you're a dude. If you see nothing, but reach down and feel something like an Arby's sandwich, congrats, you're a lady.

No need to thank me, really. I'm just doing my part to make this world a better place.
>>
>>5632507
>confused
Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>5631500
>Age

>Sex
Sexual Tyrannosaurus (male)

>What brought you here?
Giveaways

>What made you stay?
The opportunity to shitpost and also community or some shit I guess.
>>
>>5632559
Bunch slack-jawed faggots around here.
>>
>>5631613
Rekt
>>
>>5632572
Fuck you I'm a firm jawed log.
>>
File: tumblr_mmyzjmO3zR1qh0wv9o1_500.jpg (69KB, 500x586px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmyzjmO3zR1qh0wv9o1_500.jpg
69KB, 500x586px
>31
>F
>Been on 4chan for a while(mostly /cgl/). Started browsing because I got into Monster High and started posting in the threads.
>Photo threads, nendo threads, collection/room threads, basically whatever catches my interest at the time.
>>
>>5631500
Male
Ausfag

Used to only visit /tg/ but since only one in ten threads there actually interest me i didn't really have much to read and post about, so i came over to /toy/ one bored evening.

First thread i read was one where the OP had just had their leg amputated and was requesting pictures to cheer him up. The way everyone just came out of the woodwork was the greatest thing i've ever seen on 4chan, and all the pictures people were submitting had me howling all night. It's also amazing that /toy/ loves skeletons even more than /tg/ does, which further cemented how much i enjoy this board.

Since then /toy/ has been my main board and i really enjoy the community (sans the shitposting and /tv/ attitude that's creeping its way in).
>>
>>5631548
Fuck off subjectautism.
>>
>>5632409
I added you
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 474x474px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 474x474px
M
my dad got me into collecting figures, building models, comics, cartoons, anime, etc. his collection is elder god tier. I got into modern stuff heavy but through self realization discovered material possessions do not make me happy so now I just keep a "core 4" of figures that will always bring me joy, have memories with, etc.
I stay here mainly because I've been on 4chan in general for 10 years/like being "in the know" for toys, models, and figures even though I'm not into it as much anymore.

Thanks for reading senpai. Cool stories all around btw.
>>
>>5631500
F
General interest in Star Wars merch
After TFA I felt pretty disappointed by the direction SW was headed in, so I decided to broaden my horizons. Now I collect mostly vintage nostalgia stuff, hunt for creature figs on ebay, and rescue babies from goodwill, etc. Staying informed about what's current via /toy/ got me into neca. I'm too poor for higher end items.
>>
File: 1460344960517.jpg (159KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1460344960517.jpg
159KB, 500x500px
>>5631613
>>
>>5632289
pig
>>
File: 1455922092849.jpg (9KB, 255x192px) Image search: [Google]
1455922092849.jpg
9KB, 255x192px
>>5631613
If you're dumb enough to admit being underageb& on 4chan, in TWENTY SIXTEEEEN, you probably shouldn't be using the internet at all.
>>
>>5632438
Because every chatacter gets a hot toys or a figma or whatevet shit you consider high end. Please show me where to get a hot toys ripley from alien 3, so I can go and get one, or any aliens figures that actually look like the actors.
>>
>>5632647
>Browsing 4chan at 12
>>
>>5632861
So you've just rationalized funko POPs and ReAction. Congrats, you've broken your argument.
>>
Sex: Not nearly enough (M)
What brought me here: The internet. Honestly I don't know how I ended up coming back to 4chan as I hadn't been here in years.

What made me stay: I guess I just like looking at pictures of things I'll never have.
>>
29 male

I've been on 4chan for too long
Now I only go to /p/ /hr/ or /toy/

Sometimes you guys post something I haven't seen or something that isn't garbage.

Or that you post something that I have seen and looks amazing but then say it's garbage.

It's a strange place and autistic as all get out. But it's not that bad.
>>
File: the homer.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
the homer.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>5632861
>implying even the few figures that get released by any of those companies is considered high end
... is there even an equivalent of poorly sculpted and painted high priced figures in other industries?
The only ones that come to mind are companies who just buy generic brands ad switch the labels, but that's just Chinese equivalents.
I guess there's fictional examples.
>>
>>5632935
I found this place when I was 12 (18 now), and have been addicted ever since.
>>
File: P7102729.jpg (807KB, 2288x1712px) Image search: [Google]
P7102729.jpg
807KB, 2288x1712px
>>5631500
almost 30
M
discovered this late 2009 i believe.

Not really sure what brought me here. fuzziest memory is being linked to 2ch from somewhere. I forgot what i was looking at then, but after browsing around their toy boards, i thought id see if 4ch had one. you did, and you guys were my first board.

There werent a lot of active toy boards that weren't centered on a single toyline, and this ended up being that sort of place. Also i liked the idea of being anonymous and this entire community's loose ethics so much that i dropped message boards altogether
>>
File: happy penguin.png (155KB, 334x323px) Image search: [Google]
happy penguin.png
155KB, 334x323px
>age: 20
>sex: female
>what brought you here?: I like toys
>what made you stay?: lurking threads of my interest, one of the nicer boards I've been to, keeps me updated on releases.
>>
M
I've allways liked toys since I never had many as a kid, now that I have my own place and income I can keep up with the hobby.
Or did you mean brought me to 4chan? I've been here since I was 12. What the fuck is wrong with me.
I just love seeing other people collections and seeing new releases and such.
>>
>>5632935
Rest assured I'm not happy about it
>>
>>5632981
I think that's the best answer yet
>>
>>5632416
Except you have it the other way around. Why pick one if you can have both? Only poorfags have to choose.
>>
>>5633515
Only a hoarder autist wouldn't choose. Why would you knowingly buy something that is of inferior quality? God, I bet you collect Transformers and Marvel Legends, there's no real point asking a rational question to someone that has a mental impairment...
>>
>>5633515
>>5633546
Looks like you guys got your bait tangled up.
>>
>>5632935

I'm pretty sure when 4chan was more popular it was literally MOSTLY 12 year olds. Most of the adults I know my age who are the sort of person who spends too much time on the internet went on 4chan when they were like 12-14 and then left after that because they were too old for /b/ to seem funny anymore
>>
>>5633546
You are fucking retarded if you're seriously trying to compare hasbro to imports as if they were the same price. ML's are 20 dollar figures, you get what you pay for. It's not my fault your mommy will only let you pick one.
>>
>Age
>Sex
F
>What brought you here?
I visited a couple time over the years because I was bored, really got into the board when I asked for advice about some mini-toys to liven up my desk.
>What made you stay?
Gunpla, gashapon, skelly threads
>>
>>5633819
No, they were 16 and in HS during 2004-2005
>>
File: IMG_8236.jpg (267KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8236.jpg
267KB, 1920x1440px
>Age
>Sex
>What brought you here?
I don't remember exactly, might've been when I got into Halo Mega Bloks and was looking for like-minded collectors
>What made you stay?
Relatively friendly board despite the concentrated autism
>>
>>5634240
>Sex
Male

Today sucks.
>>
>>5634022
He's talking about 2007-2010 I think.
>>
File: 1432912257728.jpg (1MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1432912257728.jpg
1MB, 4000x3000px
>>5634244
Well hang in there, it's hump day at least.
>>
>>5634246
Oh, gross. The newfags started pouring in summer 08. A lot of "bro" types.
>>
File: IMG_8290.jpg (167KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8290.jpg
167KB, 1920x1080px
>>5631500
>Age
>Sex
male
>What brought you here?
got bored with /b/
>What made you stay?
toy photo threads, leaks for new releases and transformer threads.
>>
File: image.jpg (701KB, 2241x2380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
701KB, 2241x2380px
M
Been on 4chan for a while, mainly in /vg/ and visiting others
Started to get back into my fond memories of Lego, /lg/ threads are the shit
>>
File: 101_5026.jpg (462KB, 2032x1354px) Image search: [Google]
101_5026.jpg
462KB, 2032x1354px

M

Was on /m/ when it split from /a/. Eventually wandered in here because of robot toys.

BST Over have my collection has been bought off of BST.
>>
File: crabosaurus.jpg (175KB, 567x373px) Image search: [Google]
crabosaurus.jpg
175KB, 567x373px
>>5631500
F
I needed refuge after the death of Zoidspoison
I like how chill and casual anonymity feels compared to making proper posts on a regular forum.
>>
>>5633840
>you're such a poorfag if you don't buy trash to go along with your good stuff!
I... what? Is this even a real argument? What if I only want good stuff and not garbage that hasbro makes?

Oh, you're a retarded manchild walmart shopper, never mind. I won't expect a realistic answer from you.
>>
>>5634671
What's the poster below Eureka 7?
>>
Male

Came here after the death of gunpla forums, or at least the ones I knew, hobbyfanatics, gundam eclipse, fitchenfoo, etc.

Come here for news on modeling, and eventually 3rd party tf news, yada yada.
>>
>>5634824
Were you ever on Child of Mecha? I feel like that was the last "good one" before the gunpla forum communities got all full of cliques and black-and-white "you need to do it this way or you are wrong" autist mentalities (which is pretty much exactly what the gunpla general is here).
>>
>>5634888
holy fuck you just made me feel OLD.

Yes, I was on there in the early 00's through probably 2008ish.

Fuck I'm old.
Fuck.
Fuckity fuck.

but do YOU remember Church of the Machine?
>>
>Age

>Sex
Male

>What brought you here?
I've always really liked figures, and I had vaugely heard about figmas and stuff online. When I was a kid I had a ton of those 5poa Ben 10 figures (can't believe how long ago that show came out), and I also enjoyed plamo but never got into
Gundam. But I did enjoy the 2005 line of B-Daman back in the day, and I'd occasionally buy a simple plamo kit from Anime con vendors to build when I got bored. I think seeing everyone splurge about those Pokemon D-Arts on /vp/ made me remember about all those cool high-end Japanese figures out there. Around mid-2014 I left /vp/ because I was getting a bit bored of Pokemon (not to mention the board sucks) and eventually wandered onto here after buying a Generations Armada Starscream on a total whim during the summer- never had a ton of experience with Transformers as a kid. I liked it so much I starting reading the TFWiki like mad and soon discovered Transformers Generals on /toy/.

>What made you stay?
/toy/'s a nice, slowish board, even if lots of /tfg/-goers are idiots that will derail and piss away threads constantly. I like getting recommendations for figures, hearing announcements, and discussing recent releases. Too bad since it's kinda slow and small that there's no specialized moderators for it. I'd say we have a bit of a shitposting problem but I haven't wandered enough to other boards and lurk as constantly there to prove that we're worse off than larger boards are.

Transformers are pretty much all I'm buying right now, but I also have a few random plamo kits I've built (Kotobukiya Roll and Frame Arms Girl Gourai come to mind) and a pair of Busou Shinkis (Arnval and Strarf, v1) that I should really mess with more.

I'm slowly delving into animu so I'll probably end up buying my first figmas at some point, too.
>>
>>5634920
>Church of the Machine
God, seeing those words strung together again after so long of a time... wow. I never joined in on the BBS, but that was where I first became aware of zimmerit and Makoto Kobayashi.

Turning it back on you: Do you remember the Gundam Shop Talk forums? That's really where I cut my teeth on the online Gundam community. I used to love that place, it had good mods and a really thriving community. Then it just up and disappeared.
>>
>>Age

>>Sex
Female

>>What brought you here?
I've always been a toy enthusiast/collector, but fall in and out of the loop as real life dictates. After four years of bullshit, toys are again a thing I can spend money on and so I am back.

>>What made you stay?
This board is the absolute best place for information of upcoming releases. /toy/ has single-handedly saved me from many years of kicking myself over missing specific toys or re-releases.
>>
male
lego
/lg/
>>
M
I've posted on 4chan for a decade and collected toys for even longer. When /toy/ was added I would check it out but it seemed overwhelmingly geared towards Transformers and Lego, two things I do not care about.
What made me come back and stick around was the discussions of Japanese articulated figures which have become the main focus of my collection and I don't think any other forum covers those as well as /toy/.
>>
>Age
>Sex
M
>What brought you here?
Toys
>What made you stay?
Toys
>>
>>5635169
That joke was already made
>>5632255

>>5632576
Underrated post
>>
>>5635174
>joke

It's literally the only reason.
>>
dude
Lego General
Lego General
>>
>Freshly 23
>Male
>Brother linked me a bunch of shit.
>Started collecting Figma,Super Action Statues, etc. So I ended up feeling at home. Also chill on Vidya and Anime
>>
Age 23
Sex Male
Anime Figures
Anime Figures
>>
>>5634805
They're not posters. They're mosaics of those tiny plastic beads kids play with. I either back them with foamcore or glue them to canvases.
>>5634920
>>5634980
Wow these are some old sites. I even remember GOUF (Gundam Online Users Forum) before it got killed.
>>
>>5635421
Alright what's the mosaic below Eureka 7?
>>
>>5631500
>32
>m
>drossel
>shinkis
>>
>>5635423
Mai Shiranui
>>
>>5634671
Did you make all those perlers?
>>
>>5635434
Yep, and these as well.
>>
M
Lego
Lego

Not that exciting, desu.
>>
File: IMG_20160307_175432-01.jpg (3MB, 3088x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160307_175432-01.jpg
3MB, 3088x4160px
>>5631500

Male

After my long-time girlfriend and I broke up, I was pretty emotionally wrecked. I buried myself in my classwork at college, but even that and vidya never took all of my time, so I ended up getting into toys, partially for the little rush I would get when things shipped or arrived, or I unboxed them. It was a little sad, but that's how I dealt with loss I guess. The thing that got me back into toys was the BioShock bouncer big daddy, then I started browsing /toy/ after Pacific Rim came out, and I was following the new toy releases.

I guess I stayed because I like it here. People are mostly friendly and helpful, and I find new figures I never would have heard of otherwise. My girlfriend and I are back together (2 years later) and quite happy, but I still collect because its fun, and I got into toy photography more recently. /toy/ is one of the best places to talk about toys, plain and simple.
>>
>>5635780
>My girlfriend and I are back together (2 years later)

Are you getting on well with her son? Does he like toys too?
>>
>>5635788
Don't be a cock. You don't know anyone else's life. We both ended up living life independently for a while, I had my fair share of other women, and we both realized we were happiest together.
>>
File: 1461553208812.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1461553208812.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>4chan launched in 2003
>“i post on 4chan for over a decade"
Really shitty attempt at trolling.
>>
>>5635780
>My girlfriend and I are back together (2 years later)
This never works.
>>
>>5635883
>I had my fair share of other women

She probably had her fair share of cocks in those 2 years you were apart.

Whatever floats your boat man, I wouldn't be taking back used goods after 2 years though.
>>
>>5635938
/toy/ is a niche board, is it really hard to fathom that old fags reside here as opposed to shit holes like tv, v, etc
>>
>>5635963
0/10
>>
>>5631500
>Age

Mid 30's

>Sex

M, like every other Anon here.

>What brought you here?

My desire to let my raging inner manchild become my raging outer manchild and indulge in my childhood favorites once again. So Transformers, primarily, with a side serving of anime figure because I am a weeaboo faggot.

>What made you stay?

Transformers threads, revoltech threads, funny toy pictures.
>>
File: IMG_20160427_152232.jpg (217KB, 1050x1050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160427_152232.jpg
217KB, 1050x1050px
>>5631500

M

>What brought you here?
I got tired of getting banned from other toy boards. Collectors tend to be real thin-skinned crybabies with bizarre senses of brand loyalty and I just can't deal with that. It's impossible to tell who's grown and who's a child because they act exactly the same
>What made you stay?
I ran out of other options. Until about 8 months ago I've been pretty anti-4chan since it started, but I'm not into memes or anime so it'd be kinda weird if I was here for anything other than hard toy talk.
>>
File: DSC07561.jpg (141KB, 908x1356px) Image search: [Google]
DSC07561.jpg
141KB, 908x1356px
>Age
>Sex
M
>What brought you here?
Came to 4chan out of curiosity after hearing about /b/ and shit. Saw a /toy/ board and found a bunch of people who were talking about figures that weren't really talked much about at the time on other forums.
>What made you stay?
As other people have mentioned, less "board regular" circle jerking and "pyramid of power" bullshit. Also more diverse than most forums and faster updates of the latest news and shit.
>>
>>5636051
>and I just can't deal with that
>It's impossible to tell who's grown
Not you, apparently, if the opinions of others riles you up so bad.

>Until about 8 months ago I've been pretty anti-4chan since it started
So we're getting the banned misfits from other shitty sites because they have nowhere else to go. Thanks for admitting to being a part of the problem.
>>
>>5635000
oink oink!
here piggy piggy piggy piggy!
>>
>>5635445

Jesus Anon, is that your house?
>>
>>5636062
>Not you, apparently, if the opinions of others riles you up so bad.

I never said the opinions of others riles me up. If anything, people get riled up by my opinions, hence me calling them thin-skinned man children.

You're pretty dumb.
>>
>>5635938
2003 was over a decade ago.
>>
File: 20160421_120208-1.jpg (2MB, 2057x2431px) Image search: [Google]
20160421_120208-1.jpg
2MB, 2057x2431px
Sex: M

What brought you here:
I used to browse 4chan in high school. I had started buying toys again because I liked some of the Bayformers and was seeking advice. I still have my Bumblebee.

What made you stay:
I feel like /toy/ is one of the only boards that actually feels like a community. People have actual discussions and offer advice when asked. It's not just, "I like thing." "You're gay." "YOU'RE GAY!"

I've ended up buying a lot of stuff I don't need because of some of the stuff that pops up, but it's been fun.
>>
>>5636147
>I never said the opinions of others riles me up
>I got tired of getting banned from other toy boards
>You're pretty dumb
Hahahahaha, you'll be fun target practice for us these next few months, fish.
>>
>>5636165
Thanks for shitting up the thread
>>
File: 32bf6ca8.jpg (205KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
32bf6ca8.jpg
205KB, 960x1280px
>>5631500
Trans
Mostly because of Lego threads.
I stayed because of, well, the lego threads where people post the cool things they build and stuff from the internet, like pic related, and discuss this hobby that I'm really interested in.
Also the board seems pretty fun in general.
>>
>>5636166
Maybe beg the fwoosh mods to let you go back, you seem too emotionally fragile for this place.
>>
>>5636062
Please stop trying to start shit.
>>
M.
Renewed interest in toys.
Developed interest in 4chan that satiated my need for internet distractions when I'd pretty much given up on life.
>>

Male

I'm on 4chan since the very beginning. Came for the H material, stayed for the funny shit. /toy/ was created just when I was starting to get into toy collecting (I somewhat collected a few things during my teen years but not much) so I started lurking here too. I stopped going to /b/ and the porn boards years ago. Nowadays, I pretty much only visit /toy/, /tv/, /ck/, /v/ and very rarely /a/.

I don't know of any other place with this much activity where I can discuss so many different toylines.
>>
>>5636142
No gallery showing at local university.
>>
File: listenhereyoulittleshit.jpg (749KB, 1037x1383px) Image search: [Google]
listenhereyoulittleshit.jpg
749KB, 1037x1383px
>27
>F
>Was already on 4chan, decided to check out other boards, and since I collect, coming to /toy/ was a natural next step.

>I've stayed because this is the best place to get news on upcoming releases, and the really random but nice things anons do for each other. I love the Secret Santa around xmas, gives me some hope for the world. I also like when an anon is looking for something specific, which I'm able to get a hold of and send it to them, I've even had someone do the same for me.

All in all, /toy/soldiers are pretty ace people, I like you guys.
>>
>>5636666
What are those climbing things?
>>
>>5636860
It's Gypsy Danger and Knifehead from Pacific Rim.
>>
>>5636878
they look shit
>>
>>5636878
What line?
>>
>>5636887
NECA Scalers
>>
>>5636535

Ah, was gonna say. Theres obviously some richfags on /toy/ what with all these giant collections of ridiculously expensive shit, so for a second there thought you had some really impressive setup going on.
>>
>>5631500
F
Hated the buyfag general of /a/, so I migrated here.
I like this board, and I discovered a lot of great new things to collect.
>>
>>5636051
We don't want you either.
>>
>>5636156
math hard
>>
File: IMG_20150919_240441850.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150919_240441850.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
M

Discovered 4chan a few years ago and decided to just sweep through all the boards. Found toy and reminded my self that i still had most of my toys from my childhood and sparked a renewed interest.

Some threads are still funny and the brutally honest opinions no matter how much of a shitpost can sometimes make me second guess myself. Though there really isn't any reason to stay here since my collection has moved towards more 1/6 and /toy/ doesn't have regular threads about that scale very often.
>>
File: PicsArt_10-28-01.35.45.jpg (473KB, 2136x1330px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_10-28-01.35.45.jpg
473KB, 2136x1330px
>Age
>Sex
Male
>What brought you here?
I used to browse /a/ all the time until I remembered that I had never finished watching Saint Seiya when I was a kid. Rewatched it and absolutely needed to recollect the Myth Cloths I had as a kid so I decided to pay this board a visit.
>What made you stay?
As others have said it's pretty chill and not at all like shitty toy forums. I've expanded to SHF, RDs, and Figmas now and I actually prefer the slow pace of this board rather than /a/'s. Also the toy photo threads have some great content and people are generally helpful.
>>
M
Saw it in the board list while on /b/

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>>
>>5637623
>why i stayed
Collecting toys is fun.
>>
>>5631500
>20
>Male
>Bionicle General/Megaboks.
>Decided to branch out with my interests with Japanese figs. Trying to get into Figma, but other brands interest me as well.
>>
File: van down by the river.jpg (131KB, 960x642px) Image search: [Google]
van down by the river.jpg
131KB, 960x642px
>>5635959
>i only date virgins
lol
The only thing they're good for is reversing the aging process

speaking of which
>>5637623
want some candy?
>>
File: DSC_3883.jpg (3MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3883.jpg
3MB, 3008x2000px
>>5631500
>Age

>Sex
Male

>What brought you here?
Been here since day one, when the board was introduced as a trial board.

>What made you stay?
I never knew so many people were interested in toys. Keep in mind this board was introduced before the nerd pop culture explosion. I had been away from collecting for a few years at that point and this board got me back into toys in a big way.
>>
File: uqsdeadpool (2).jpg (92KB, 430x869px) Image search: [Google]
uqsdeadpool (2).jpg
92KB, 430x869px
Male

I saw they created a toy board. I was psyched.
>>
>>5631500
>Age

>Sex

Male. Seriously, what did you think?

>What brought you here?

Curiosity.

>What made you stay?

Fun.
>>
...I am the oldest guy on the thread.

And yet, I don't feel old.
>>
>>5631613
MODS=GODS
>>
>>5635950
It's actually working quite well, thanks. We are very happy together.

>>5635959
I'm well aware she has had sex with other guys, why would I care? I've never understood 4chans obsession with virginity. My girlfriend actually has a condition which makes most penetrative sex come with significant pain, so she didn't really do much while we were apart anyway. She's finally trying to get out treated now though, so that's good
>>
File: DSCF3249.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3249.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>Age

>Sex
Patriarch

>What brought you here
I started out with comics, descended into Comic Statueshit, turned into articulated comic/movie shit, has now turned into Import figures with the occasional yank figure. I still have the Funko Pops from when I first started collecting toys. I feel dirty whenever I look at them.

>What made you stay?
Banter with you cunts and keeping up to date on good deals and figures
>>
>>5638023

...Did you just reveal to us you have a small penis?
>>
>>5638023

>My girlfriend actually has a condition which makes most penetrative sex come with significant pain, so she didn't really do much while we were apart anyway.

What about anal? Does it hurt her when she poops? I bet you have a strong tongue at least :^)
>>
>>5631500
>Age

>Sex
M

>What brought you here?
Found out this place gets news about new toys the fastest/has more variance than the site I was using.

>What made you stay?
I enjoy looking at how creative anons can be with toys; either through customization or photography. Plus, more often than not you get honest opinions about whatever product is being talked about.
>>
File: SendingYouOnATrip.jpg (27KB, 600x215px) Image search: [Google]
SendingYouOnATrip.jpg
27KB, 600x215px
>>5638023
>She's finally trying to get out treated now though, so that's good
>>
m
I was on 4chan before the board opened up. I also collected before then. it just seemed natural.

where else would I go, facebook? tfw? mfc? nah, I like it here.
>>
>>5638879
I mean 25, damn
>>
File: DW9.jpg (40KB, 468x400px) Image search: [Google]
DW9.jpg
40KB, 468x400px
>>5638879
>>
File: Dredd12.jpg (511KB, 800x1036px) Image search: [Google]
Dredd12.jpg
511KB, 800x1036px
>>5638879

THAT'S 3 YEARS IN THE JUVE CUBES, CREEP
>>
>>5638879
>15
>on 4chan before /toy/ opened in 2008
>you were 7 and already browsing 4chan
heh
>>5638888
you better hope the mod doesnt have a sense of humor, because this can get pretty funny
>>
>>5638879

My friend once accidentally typed her age once as 17 and got banned from 4chan for a year lmao
>>
File: Atago a qt.jpg (1MB, 1195x1690px) Image search: [Google]
Atago a qt.jpg
1MB, 1195x1690px
>>5638045
>21

I always thought you were older than me for some reason.

Maybe it's that prehistoric camera :^)
>>
File: 1462059632936.jpg (1MB, 1195x1690px) Image search: [Google]
1462059632936.jpg
1MB, 1195x1690px
>>5641310
>>
File: m'lady.jpg (966KB, 1195x1868px) Image search: [Google]
m'lady.jpg
966KB, 1195x1868px
>>5641336
Top kek
>>
File: DSCF3258.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3258.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>5641310

The camera is literally a decade old, should really get a new one instead of spending expendable cash on toys. i feel old as fuck already, man. How old are you anyway?

>tfw i now hate staying up late on the weekends and hearing all the people outside coming home from their drinking escapades
>>
>>5641354
23 in three weeks :^)
>>
>>5641429

22 in two :^)
>>
>>5641451
Wew lad.

What figures are you getting for ya birthday?

A quarter scale Sonico statueshit I'll bet :^)
>>
>>5641456

hopefully my shitload of Manda orders will arrive by then. if not, maybe the new Predator series if they arrive by then
>>
>>5641480
>maybe the new Predator series if they arrive by then

Wishful thinking lad, the yanks haven't even got theirs yet. Though I think they're up on Amazon and eBay for them to order.

Can't say I'm that hyped for wave 15, I'm looking forward to the Elder and Scarface.
>>
> 22
> F
> Never got into toy communities, but have collecting since I was a kid. In the drama board days of /cgl/ I hopped over here for civil hobby discussion.
>Alright opinions, great for keeping up with news, and the fairly relaxed discussion.
>>
File: imouto nare domo shinobanai.jpg (485KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
imouto nare domo shinobanai.jpg
485KB, 960x1280px
>age
>sex
Female
>what brought you here
Was still fairly new to 4chan when /toy/ was added, figured it was the perfect place for me
>what made you stay
Despite the occasional drama, /toy/ is way, way less spergy and sad than any other forum I've been to. Also the fact that there's such a broad range of discussion and pretty much anything goes. It's exposed me to a lot of different toy lines that I otherwise would have missed.
>>
>Age

>Sex
Male

>What brought you here?
I like anonymous image chans. Fun way to chat with people without having to sign up.

>What made you stay?
Sometimes there are some really cool threads.

I'm also the guy who says, every few months that I'm going to "sell my collection to people in Los Angeles. But it's pick up only."

Still planning to do that, but it's taken me a while to get all the stuff together.
>>
>>5631739
I stay for the same reason /toy/ has to be one of the most autistic in the whole 4chin
Thread posts: 263
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.