[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where to look?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 61mip6MAlbL._SL1455_.jpg (103KB, 1000x1455px) Image search: [Google]
61mip6MAlbL._SL1455_.jpg
103KB, 1000x1455px
Hey /toy/,

I'm really new to this subject, and am looking for some opinions

Where should i start looking for figurines, figma, dolls... im not even sure what term to use.

I want some anime merch to put inside my PC case, and im looking to stay away from the pose able kind. Do they have a specific name?

TL;DR where to buy pretty things? pic related
>>
>>5386580
The best place to look would be amiami.com, but I'm afraid that statues/non-poseable figures aren't actually allowed to be discussed here.

Gashapon and collectables like that are fine, however.

Why statues in particular, OP?
>>
>>5386580
Go ask /a/ buythread
>>
>>5386585
Oh, my apologies. /jp/ pruned my thread and told me here was the place.

Anywhere on chan to talk about non-poseables?
>>
I suggest Amiami and search around until you find what you're looking for.

But what do you mean by PC case. Like put it inside your computer tower?
>>
>>5386596
No worries. /jp/ pruned you? I always thought that there and /a/ were where those figures were meant to be discussed.
>>
>>5386585
I find some of the poseable ones kinda odd looking.

not that i wouldnt consider them though. I'll keep the topic to them for this thread so i keep to your rules here.

>>5386597
Inside the computer tower is correct.

>>5386600
I figured so as well :/
>>
File: Squid Girl Nendoroid.jpg (84KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Squid Girl Nendoroid.jpg
84KB, 600x600px
>>5386613
If you like the style then Nendoroid might be what you're looking for, they're about 10cm tall or so (I'm not 100% sure on that) and they have limited articulation, but they mostly go on cuteness factor. They also usually come with some pretty great accessories.
>>
>>5386613
Maybe it's because my computer is coal powered but are you afraid of heat or dust? And you'll find out these figures aren't cheap, so sounds like a hassle to keep it clean.
Maybe a nice shelf to display them.

Also if you have ano anime convention nearby check it out. Dealer room can a good place to look
>>
File: Nendoroid-More-Suction-Stands.jpg (84KB, 800x452px) Image search: [Google]
Nendoroid-More-Suction-Stands.jpg
84KB, 800x452px
>>5386613
Another upside to Nendos is that they work with the suction stands, so you could stick one rather securely to nearly anywhere.
>>
>>5386618
Oooh, those are neat!

I usually have a problem with the disproportionate ball-joints on many figures.

>>5386620
not really. I have this case <<< and it has a large open space in the front.

The CPU and GPU are too hot to set one of these on, but anywhere else is fine.

As for dust, i clean my microfiber filters on the weekly
>>
File: pc.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pc.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>>5386627
forgot pic

I'd be putting the figure on the left side in that open space
>>
>>5386627
Yeah Nendoroids usually don't have arm or leg articulation, or at least the legs have a rotating swivel at their base, but you can't see that on most figures. The arms of these ones attach via small magnets.
>>
>>5386627
I see. Well do you have any anime in particular in mind or just generic cute anime girls?
>>
>>5386637
Not really looking for any one in particular.

was looking to find a place to buy them, and then seeing what's available.

try to find a character from something that i've seen/enjoyed, and a probably in a red theme to match my machine.
>>
>>5386642
Amiami is the place for you.
>>
>>5386642
Amiami, Hobbylinkjapan, & Otakumode for new stuff, Mandarake & ebay for second-hand.
>>
>>5386642
If you decide to go with Nendo, you can go on the Good Smile website and they have an archive of all their past releases with name and year they came out. You can scan through them real quick and pick out all the red ones that catch your eye.
>>
>>5386713
Thanks! That really helps
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.