[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With the new SW movies could we get a re-release of these? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: s-l1600.jpg (230KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
230KB, 1600x900px
With the new SW movies could we get a re-release of these? I loved collecting them as a kid but being a kid I didn't have the money to get them all.

I see there are new ones out but being able to get the old ones would be fun.

I also enjoyed the Action Fleet series as well. It felt like you could get all the craft but not have it take up much room. I always wanted them all but only managed to get an X-Wing, A-Wing, Snow Speeder and Speeder/AT-ST pack.

It is a shame when you look at the boxes though and see these brilliant paint jobs, then look at the real thing and it doesn't compare. I feel like I should take them apart, spray them with a base coat and then make them look nice.
>>
File: pTRUCA1-20900933_alternate2_dt.jpg (183KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pTRUCA1-20900933_alternate2_dt.jpg
183KB, 500x500px
How are the new ones anyway? I kinda wanted to get one out of nostalgia.
>>
>>5354824
They are terrible

The QC and plastic used is gummy as fuck. It's not Galoob doing these anymore, they got eaten up by Hasbro in 2003 and in 2006 a new crew was put in charge of the Titanium and other "Micro Machine" like IPs they had
>>
>>5354834
I don't get it I thought the "Black Series" (is it) was meant to be super high quality stuff. I looked at the boxes and saw titanium diecast then looked at the models and they were bloody awful looking. There is no way that I would pay for them, I would rather just buy the X-Wing game miniatures they actually look nice.
>>
>>5354843
even the Black Series figures have terrible paint
>>
>>5354843
Hasbro don´t produce quality stuff anymore, the sculpts are decent but now only use the cheapest materials and sloppy paint apps.
>>
>>5354843
The problem is that as far as western toys go, the black series IS high quality
>>
>>5354843
Galoob back in the 80s and 90s was a diecast and minature company. Which they pride themselves on details and good paint jobs (as well as good quality plastic or diecast)

When Galoob got bought out by Hasbro, the gears of Hasbro in a post Kenner dissolve put an end to all of the good things the old Micro Machines use to have.
>>
>>5354896
>Galoob back in the 80s and 90s was a diecast and minature company.
>diecast
>Galoob
?
The only time i ever remember Galoob making anything diecast was after Hasbro bought them, with the Star Wars episode 1 one.
>>
>>5354854
>Hasbro don´t produce quality stuff anymore, the sculpts are decent but now only use the cheapest materials and sloppy paint apps.
This isn't true.
They still have some of the most durable plastic on the market and they've always been sloppy, but they're actually less sloppy than last year
>>
File: imperial micro machines.jpg (262KB, 1600x1197px) Image search: [Google]
imperial micro machines.jpg
262KB, 1600x1197px
I snagged a single-ship blindbag from Walmart tonight and got a simple little X-wing. Paint is shit, plastic is bendy (but then so were many of the old ones) and the nose is arcing upwards a bit too much. I think I'm gonna try to heat it up in some hot water and see if I can't bend it the right way, if so then I might just pick up a few packs to make a little Rogue Squadron collection.
I really wish we'd get troop-builder packs again though, I don't care if they're even painted I'll do that myself, will probably be touching up this X-wing anyway. I always wanted to army-build like pic related.
>>
>>5354816
can i get a close up on the inside?
sarlacc is bae
post more minis of that scene pls
>>
>>5354816
you know whats sad,
action fleet is articulated and way more cool than the shit they pumped out this year
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>5354824

The blisters are a solid 9/10.

They have more detail than the Hot Wheels versions.

The boxes are a rip off, the biggest coming with just two fucking ships
>>
I do hope that some the figures that are included in this exclusive set will see a separate release soon. I want that BB-8 so bad
>>
>>5356751
Nice
>>
File: DCC Icons 6.jpg (455KB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
DCC Icons 6.jpg
455KB, 2400x1800px
>>5354884
>The problem is that as far as western toys go, the black series IS high quality
No it isn't.
Black series is mass market toys aimed at kids, same as all Hasbro toys. Only their convention exclusives are aimed at collectors.
Saying otherwise shows you don't understand the toy market.

pic of actual high quality western toys
>>
>>5356751
Is that a TIE Phantom?
Are they sneaking in old EU designs?
I could get very excited about that
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.