[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Super Robot Chogokin worth the price? Now that I got some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 71mWNchYMZL._SL1289_.jpg (189KB, 1289x1200px) Image search: [Google]
71mWNchYMZL._SL1289_.jpg
189KB, 1289x1200px
Are Super Robot Chogokin worth the price? Now that I got some spending money I was thinking of getting this bad boy for Christmas.

Anyone have any experience with the series?
>>
File: GGG SRC.jpg (480KB, 1506x1008px) Image search: [Google]
GGG SRC.jpg
480KB, 1506x1008px
>>5313683
>Anyone have any experience with the series?

I own these SRCs and seven more. Other than the hip die-cast ball joints having the chance of getting loose over time, the SRC line is pretty good. If you don't change poses too often you wouldn't have any problems.

As for GGGG, I like the proportions of the Max Gokin way better, but if you like how the SRC looks go for it, it's a good figure.
>>
>>5313717

Any specific ones (not just GGG too, big mecha fan all around) that are worth the most value?
>>
>>5313745
Just buy the robots you like better or look cooler in your eyes. Quality is pretty good in all of them other than God Reideen.
>>
>>5313745
Mazinkaiser and Gurren Lagann are pretty good.The gold wrists came out of my Mazinkaiser somehow and won't go back on but other than that they're both solid.
>>
File: SRC-Gurren-Lagann-01_1348873457.jpg (274KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
SRC-Gurren-Lagann-01_1348873457.jpg
274KB, 600x899px
>>5313745
Gurren Lagann is fantastic if you are okay with the aesthetic.

GGG-wise, Hyoryu and Enryu are a really great value, as they can usually be found for like $30 and there's a ton of stuff they come with.
>>
>>5313805

I love Gurren Lagann but the whole set for him is surprisingly way more expensive than some of the other things.

Gunbuster meanwhile is only 30, don't know why. Demand?
>>
>>5313809
Gunbuster isn't very popular because it's skinny compared to its show model.

A thing about SRC is that they are stylised to varying degrees so you have to see if you can stomach the aesthetic
>>
>>5313896

Can't be worse than my Revoltech Gunbuster, what a disappointment.
>>
>>5313910
Definitely not. The only issue with Gunbuster are the proportions and maybe some qc stuff on the detail here and there. Otherwise it poses great.

I'd highly recommend a Tamashii Stage for it though, so it can properly do the Super Inazuma Kick. The addon set for it is really nice too, but kinda expensive.
>>
>>5313916
One reason why they changed gunbuster's is so that you can interchange the forearms and backpack with the mazingers, getters and gurren lagann.

It's a gimmick but I guess some ppl would love it
>>
>>5313683
>Are Super Robot Chogokin worth the price?
Varies from one to another.
>Anyone have any experience with the series? >>5313717
>Other than the hip die-cast ball joints having the chance of getting loose over time
For what it's worth, I own some of the very first SRC (so they're about 5 year old) and absolutely no looseness happened over time.
>>5313745
>Any specific ones (not just GGG too, big mecha fan all around) that are worth the most value?
Regular GGG (rerelease, this is important, the 1st run had issues) with the different addons is very cool and so is Anti-Gurren Lagann.
>>
Is SRC Dai-Guard any good? I started watching the series and absolutely love it.
>>
>>5314287
It's a good representation and they weren't stingy with his accessories.

It's very hefty compared to other SRCs.
>>
I've heard of some QC issues with the paint on several figures, but that's not really enough to stop me. Shin Getter, Mazinkaiser and their shared weapons set are in the mail right now, and I've really been wanting a Shin Mazinger as well. For some reason, that one's very hard to find at a good price; it's usually more expensive than either of the SoCs for god knows what reason
>>
>>5314920
The oddest issue I have with the paint is that some of the metallic colors are fading away and turn into silver.
Happened to the blue head parts on God Reideen, the gold on Dendoh and Dai Guard's head crest.
They aren't even directly exposed to sunlight or anything.
>>
>>5314941
>The oddest issue I have with the paint is that some of the metallic colors are fading away and turn into silver.

The same happened with one of my Robot Damashii. Are they close to an incandescent light? I think that was the problem in my case.
>>
>>5314920
the thing's price just shot up in a matter of days, and that was like 2 years ago. it's the curse of a latecomer
it happened to me too (kinda, it's more like "the price will not get higher, i can get it late-whoops"), and with original gaogaigar.
at least i have original mazinger and i still love it, and gaofighgar is comming in a couple of weeks, i can't wait for it.
>>
>>5315064

Nope, I had halogen lamps until I switched to LED ones.
>>
>>5315947
Halogen is incandescent
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.