[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever feel bad about selling your toys. I'm talking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1441561238869.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1441561238869.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
Anyone ever feel bad about selling your toys.

I'm talking about toys that meant something to you that you held onto for years but decide to sell it because you have no room.

I'm selling a bunch of anime dolls/toys/plushes that meant something to me in the past but they've just been collecting dust. I figured it's better to give to another home but it hurts a little bit to let them go.
>>
>>5265478
yep
>>
>>5265478
You know what hurts even more? When the toy you sold turned out to be rarer than you thought and other sellers have sold the toy for triple the price you got for yours.

I'd that was the case, I would've just held onto it if it was that rare.
>>
File: 141689115673.jpg (173KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
141689115673.jpg
173KB, 1280x960px
Now they are just going to collect dust somewhere else.
>>
>>5265487
Would you think of that as a good thing or bad thing?
>>
Well it was recently that I realized I like building gunpla more than actually collecting them so I have been selling off some of my collection at a loss.

While I do feel bad about it I get more space and the buyer gets a better deal so at least I can comfort myself like that.

>>5265487
At least I can't see it.
>>
>selling something meaningful
Would you sell your grandmother too you cat fuck?
>>
>>5265613
I would if I could.
>>
File: LySs1437019442.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
LySs1437019442.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
So long Ryoko. You may be gone but you will not be forgotten.
>>
>>5265613
Your grandma doesn't sit on your shelf all day just collecting dust.

Or at least mine didn't.
>>
>>5265478
>Anyone ever feel bad about selling your toys.

eh sort of sometimes when I think about them later on.

>I'm talking about toys that meant something to you that you held onto for years

I don't sell toys that actually mean something to me. But also those types of toys only take up a portion of my collection
>>
Figma king Kazma
>>
It actually depends if they used to mean something for me and not anymore, I force myself to feel something because it was a gift from someone special buy I hate it, or if they actually mean something for me, if the toys are in the two fist categories I have no qualms to sell it or give it away.
>>
As part of controlling my hoarder's impulse, I've been doing a lot of work in separating the emotional from the physical. Memories are in your mind and feelings are in your heart, you don't always need a physical token to remind you of them. And if you get rid of a physical token, that doesn't erase your good memory or destroy the emotion, and it doesn't mean that you don't care about the people/places/events in your past. Those things all live on inside you, regardless of where you are and what material objects are in front of you.

Then once it becomes 'just' an object, question yourself - do I really like it? Do I use it or need it? Is it precious to me or am I only keeping it out of some obligation? If my house burned down tomorrow, would I specifically grieve for its loss, or would I forget about it amongst the rubble? That last one is more extreme, everybody keeps tons of stuff that they casually like, but if you get to the level of keeping stuff that you don't want/need/use/is a burden to you in some regard, hard choices need to be made.
>>
>>5265642
Mine does.

She's also in a detolf.
>>
>>5266006
you sound like a girl
tits?

As for me, i rarely sell my toys. I usually just give tham away, even if they're valuable. Same with books and comics. I think someone else should find enjoyment from the stuff i bought, when i can't.

I think trades are easier, since it seems most collectors are poorfags and buy a lot of shit they really don't want. Since most stuff i give away is stuff i got for free, i come out ontop even when they're taking advantage of a rare expensive thing i have. Or at least, it feels that way, because i usually get more than a couple of figures for my single one.
>>
I blame Toy Story.
>>
i regret owning a lot of toys ive bought in the past, especially when they have no value. Right now i have a box full of classic bionicle parts, and i hate bionicle. I guess i collected them because xevoz was gone
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.