[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lego General: Exo Suit sorrows edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 362
Thread images: 84

File: exo suit sorrows.png (246KB, 481x300px) Image search: [Google]
exo suit sorrows.png
246KB, 481x300px
Last general is on autosage

There will be another production run, r-r-right? ;_;
>>
or you can buy one at target.com right now

http://www.target.com/p/lego-cuusoo-exo-suit-21109/-/A-15672484
>>
LOL nevermind it is already sold out too... man people are FIENDING

glad i ordered 2x last night on lego.com
>>
File: retard.jpg (18KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
18KB, 500x300px
>>4328182
>currently unavailable online
>>
>>4328184
Have you got your confirmation email yet?
>>
Fuck me really? Just got my paycheck today to get one..... maybe i will have to run down to my lego store
>>
>>4328177
you dick fuck they'll have more, stop trying to make people paranoid so you can sell your scalped ones on ebay for more.
>>
File: 1392359283961.jpg (8KB, 180x144px) Image search: [Google]
1392359283961.jpg
8KB, 180x144px
>>4328244
>out of stock will ship out august 15
>>
File: nice.jpg (38KB, 550x336px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
38KB, 550x336px
>>4328244
>>4328247
>>
So is this overrated pile of gray parts and hype really worth my time running over to my local lego store and blowing on? I heard it's only good for display, but not actual play.
>>
They said it would ship August 15th, but then they changed it to 30 days when I refreshed. If I order it now will they actually send me one? This is madness. Scalpers are shit.
>>
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Research-Institute-21110?ShipTo=US&_requestid=576141
Vagina Labs is also out of stock.
>>
Has anyone who ordered during the madness last night got their confirmation email yet?
>>
>>4328269
Okay, did you guys make mountain hut famous?
I ain't saying it's a shit set, but it just SEEMS like its only in that image because of that redneck bear.
>>
File: movie display.jpg (599KB, 1726x859px) Image search: [Google]
movie display.jpg
599KB, 1726x859px
>>4328177
Made a little Movie display.
>>
Copypaste because OP is a faggot.

Welcome to the LEGO General! Where you can post your MOCs, take part in weekly challenges, discuss official sets, or just talk about LEGO.

Previous Thread: >>4316817

New to LEGO or just have any questions?
Check out the guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fzdeJDu4aBi_t7bG8Ntmh00RfWub4nhcNpWROaVMC-s/edit?usp=sharing

LEGO General Flickr Group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/legogeneral/

LEGO threads on /tg/ (/mf0/, Lego Quest, and more): >>>/tg/lego
>>
why do people care so much about this Exo Suit thing?

there's been tons of other cool mech suits
>>
>>4328454
I'd guess the classic space theme it has, but I think there are better LEGO mech sets.
>>
>>4328454
its not from a franchise theme like ghost busters or minecraft
>>
>>4328457
Neither is the vagina research facility
>>
>>4328459
thats special, for being denied the first time.
>>
>>4328455
I guess? I really like that Galaxy Squad one where the cockpit detaches into a little spaceship

this Exo Suit reminds me of the crappy mechs from the Matrix
>>
File: matrix2_apu_photo_03_dp.jpg (76KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
matrix2_apu_photo_03_dp.jpg
76KB, 600x900px
>>4328471
its not that bad
>>
>>4328271
This is the only one I care about. I'll be getting two, just to upset the MRA trolls.
>>
File: gorilla moc.jpg (105KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
gorilla moc.jpg
105KB, 1600x900px
here is the lego mech suit we truly deserve
>>
Here's the initial rough draft of something that's going to go through a ton of iterations before I'm remotely satisfied. Small display above and between muh drawers. I went a little overboard with all the details, considering I'll be scrapping everything between each rework, but it was a ton'o'fun.
>>
File: prancing_rat.gif (497KB, 349x240px) Image search: [Google]
prancing_rat.gif
497KB, 349x240px
mfw I ordered my exosuit from a local store today and it will likely arrive by Monday
>>
>>4328493
I like the Krusty show sign. When I finally get Itchy and Scratchy I'm making violent displays with them.
>>
File: 1405299259939s.jpg (2KB, 113x125px) Image search: [Google]
1405299259939s.jpg
2KB, 113x125px
>Was up until 4 last night
>Figure I'll get Exosuit in the morning
>Forget about it since I needed to head to a train station that morning
>Exosuit is sold out now

Fuck, do you think Lego Stores would have them in stock? Tempted to go down tomorrow and check
>>
>>4328512
Stores have them. They will also be restocked online. For once everything will be ok, Sad Dandy.
>>
do you think the exo suit will last into september? i'd much rather have a spaceman than that shitty mini mini coop
>>
>>4328269
Just be glad it's selling well, otherwise the licensed shit will never end.
>>
I suppose this is more a question for /ic/ or /gd/ or other places drawfags hang out, but would there be any interest in creating a one-off art-zine that focuses on the characters and themes within the LEGO Universes, and not on the LEGO 'brick'?, ala surmalegobros.

I think it would be awesome to create an zine about LEGO, but not featuring one LEGO brick or minifig. I find the character design and world-building of LEGO just as engrossing as the construction side of it.
>>
>>4328250
It changed to 30 days from now.
>>
>>4328483

If you really care about women so much why don't you give that money to a charity that helps women affected by spousal abuse instead of buying Lego to spite MRAs?
>>
File: 1405206892717.png (451KB, 900x432px) Image search: [Google]
1405206892717.png
451KB, 900x432px
>>4328546
If I had anything resembling drawing talent, I'd be drawing all kinds of Space fan art. All the factions have tons of personality.
>>
>>4328561
step 1, stop jerking off, step 2, buy some paper, step 3, practice drawing
>>
>>4328495
>prancing rat.gif

Anon, do you not know what an otter is?
>>
>>4328264
>I heard it's only good for display, but not actual play.

The model the set was based on maybe. Only wonky parts are some of the detail on the shoulders seems to break apart constantly and is generally in a shit place.

I wait until 2015 or 2016 to get mine so I can get it with a good promo. Isn´t worth buying it now except you really want it or you want to scalp it immediately to retards that think it won´t get enough production runs to last for years.
>>
File: w52345r.png (9KB, 837x260px) Image search: [Google]
w52345r.png
9KB, 837x260px
>>4328512
>also up to 4 in the morning
>at 3am actually remembered to go to lego.com
>purchase exo suit
>ok.jpg
>tell friend today because he also wanted it
>friend tells me shit is sold out on website
>go to check my order status just because
>backordered

FUCK!
I'll just wait it out. It just sucks getting denied like that.
>>
File: baitwell.jpg (99KB, 726x592px) Image search: [Google]
baitwell.jpg
99KB, 726x592px
This'll probably send everyone into a rage, but has anyone bought the Research Institute? Looks a little measly for 20 bones, but dat skeleton and chalkboard. Plus, I actually DO need some female minifigures...
>>
Are any of you interested in Great Ball Contraption? I'm at BrickFair VA and will probably be getting a video of the full setup on youtube tonight.
>>
>>4328691
I just finished building mine. It's actually REALLY nice. The girl's lab coat is a new print, and all three builds were pretty satisfying, especially the dinosaur.
The bags are numbered, one for each scene. The way it's laid out, it sort of acts like first build (the lab room with beakers) is the warm-up, then you do the dinosaur skeleton, and then you cool down with the telescope.
The instruction book also starts off with descriptions of the different fields of science represented in the set. It's a nice touch.
>>
>Exosuit sold out for now
>White Spaceman promo not until Sept 1-14
>Santa's Workshop not released until the 17th
>New CMF not out until October

LEGO,why won't you take my money?
>>
>>4328567
>stop jerking off
never.
>>
>>4328710
Oh shit that's this weekend. I was thinking of going, but it's about two hours away. How is it?
>>
>>4328744
Meh, I'm still buying Arctic stuff, and new Chima comes out this month. The CMF wait really really sucks though.
>>
>>4328744

Is there a price for Santa's Workshop yet?
>>
>>4328781
Nope. Literally all that's out there about it is an item number and a crappy magazine scan.
>>
>>4328773
It's pretty excellent. Lots of large-ish things that I haven't seen before, although I took a couple years off. The GBC, Military, and Sci Fi displays keep getting better and better.

I spend like 90% of the time I'm there doing maintenance and setup, though, so I don't get to see everything I'd like to.
>>
>>4328787
>>4328781
If it's like any of the other Holiday Village sets, it's going to be at least 99 bucks.
>>
I just picked up 2 at the nearby Lego brand retail store. If you have one near you call and see if it is still in stock and go pick it up.
>>
Are these on sale at the physical lego stores or just online?
>>
File: P1020900 - Copy.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
P1020900 - Copy.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
I went over to my local store and they were selling super fast. I picked up two, because that was the limit, and I have to admit, its a pretty interesting build. It was a bitch to pose, but it looks great.
>>
>>4328557
I never said I cared about women. I said I enjoy seeing butthurt MRA trolls.
>>
>>4328740
Pretty awesome! I'd love a Lego Research series. Definitely gonna check it out then.
>>
>>4328848
Do parts fall off easily or is he stable?
>>
File: 76021-The-Milano.jpg (424KB, 1200x601px) Image search: [Google]
76021-The-Milano.jpg
424KB, 1200x601px
Having seen the movie, I'm now tempted to buy more Milanos and do some palette swaps.
>>
Just saw guardians of the galaxy, was amazing so when I got back home I ordered the three sets
>>
>>4328848
What are the three things in the bottom right corner?
>>
File: WP_20140801_001.jpg (448KB, 1632x916px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20140801_001.jpg
448KB, 1632x916px
OP is a fag.
>>
>>4328865
Not him, but I found it's pretty stable to hold and move around. Definitely wouldn't recommend a kid playing with it though, it's not build with THAT level of durability.
>>
>>4328884
I wish they would make 48x48 baseplates in some other colors besides gray.
>>
>>4328882
Evil Mech CMF
http://www.bricklink.com/browseTree.asp?itemType=S
>>
File: circles.png (85KB, 338x278px) Image search: [Google]
circles.png
85KB, 338x278px
>>4328865
Its actually more stable than I would have expected. However, these small sections that I have circled are a little annoying, because you should fold them out of the way, if you want to move the arms (and as you can see in my pic, i forgot to fold one back). But other than that, its really well done. It isn't the easiest BUILD, but it should stay together fine.
>>
took me 2.5 hours to build the exo suit. I think this is one of the few instance numbered bags would. Going through those tiny bits and bobs was annoying especially since everything is mostly gray.
>>
I just bought the ice cream truck movie set. If i build it as the regular ice cream truck, will it use the pieces for the micromanager?
>>
>>4328897

it's so dumb the final thing went through as gray. It totally needs a splash of some color in there.
>>
>>4328913
the micro manager is a stand alone build.
>>
>>4328918
cool, thanks
>>
>>4328917
I'm waiting for stafford to upload his blue/yellow version.
>>
>>4328917
Yeah totally dumb they stuck so close to the original idea that 10000 people voted for man what were they thinking
>>
>>4328691
>Research Institute
i read the bio on the official lego site. kinda surprised they didnt throw/imply the word "female" in there
>>
>>4328917
Yeah, it's not as if it's a modular customizable building system that allows you to adjust sets to your preference
>>
>>4328951
yeah op, keep staying fagtacular.
>>
File: 1377471575892.png (37KB, 331x224px) Image search: [Google]
1377471575892.png
37KB, 331x224px
>mom bought little sister a Friends polybag, pretty damn kawaii
>she's now getting into Lego with me, too
Feels good.
>>
I don't understand the excitement over the exo-suit...
It's quite well done, yes, but these type of mechs have been done for a long time. The original design has been pretty much ruined with barrels and greeble. As for the so-called "classic" space figures, the body are, but the helmets are not. For me, classic space was when figs had the same helmet as benny in TLM (without it being broken, of course).

And I don't understand either all the hate with the research institute. A lot of women wanted to vote for a lego set representing women, so what? My lil' sis loved playing lego with me, but you know what, she was pissed because when somebody bought her a set, it was always a paradisa or some shitty pink-themed-poney stuff, never a spaceship or other...
Glad girls can be represented some other way in lego.
>>
>>4328879
That is a damn-nice looking set
>>
>>4329055
>these type of mechs have been done for a long time
Name one Lego set that has had a mech this detail intensive.
>>
>>4329080
I'd definitely recommend it. The splayed-out wings and the room for every Guardian (except Groot) is so awesome. I'm hoping to somehow MOC a tiny Groot so he'll fit!
>>
>>4328917

What's the matter? Are you only able to build when you have instructions?
>>
>>4329083
Of course it's very well done, but mechs have been done for a long time by FOL. I'm not gonna buy a set of a mech with a lot of flaws that I'm gonna have to mod afterwards, I can do that already and I don't need to spend 35€ just because TLG thought "eh, why not cash in on what fans everywhere do already?"
>>
>>4328897
Building a instruction set with the pieces in the bag is fucking frustrating.

I almost went insane when building my ice cream van, since i had to open like four of the bags just to assemble the minifigs.

Just lay down the pieces on a flat surface and do eet.
>>
>>4329055
I think a lot of the excitement over the Exo-Suit is largely excitement at the prospect of an Ideas/Cuusoo set that ISN'T licensed getting made. As for the butthurt over the research institute, it's just kneejerk MRA reactions from all the /v/ and /pol/ fuckwads that have seeped into other boards. The set itself is just a science-themed set with female minifigs that isn't doing the "LOOK HOW PROGRESSIVE WE ARE" bullshit, so there's no reason for anyone to be mad at it.
>>
>>4329098
I don´t understand, did you actually try building a set without opening the bags even though not all parts of the model are in one bag?
>>
File: legosederplate.jpg (392KB, 1595x1196px) Image search: [Google]
legosederplate.jpg
392KB, 1595x1196px
>>4329084
>I'm hoping to somehow MOC a tiny Groot so he'll fit!
Don't look at the image, just stop reading right now, cause I hate to be THAT guy.

[spoiler]It shouldn't be too hard.[/spoiler]
>>
>>4328512
just went today and they had them
one per person
>>
>>4329055
>A lot of women wanted to vote for a lego set representing women, so what?
People are upset because those womens' votes "shouldn't have counted" because they're "not real LEGO fans".
>>
>>4329107
Nah, i had noisy siblings around and didn't want to fuck up and lose a important piece, so i assembled pieces one by one from the bags,
>>
>>4329106
>I think a lot of the excitement over the Exo-Suit is largely excitement at the prospect of an Ideas/Cuusoo set that ISN'T licensed getting made.

That is actually a very good point, even though it doesn't change my opinion about the design itself.
>>
>>4329122
But the whole point is that it ISN'T bringing gender politics into children's toys. Go look at the Lego shop description and the packaging for the set - there isn't a single mention of female representation or equality or anything. It's literally just a set of scientists doing scientist shit. They don't even point out that the minifigs are female.
Yeah, the original Cuusoo page that spawned it was pretty heavy with the gender politics and Tumblr bullshit, as were all the shitty articles on sites like Buzzfeed and Kotaku and whatnot. But in adapting it to an actual set, Lego has changed it from "PROGRESSIVE FEMALE REPRESENTATION SET FOR PROUD WOMYN" to "Lego scientists." Sure, said Lego scientists are female, but if the issue is with that rather than potential obnoxious LOLSOPROGRESSIVE marketing (which hasn't happened), then is it really about gender politics?
>>
I think the reason why so many people are excited about the Exo Suit is because it's the first Lego Cusoo idea that actually feels like a fan project. We had a guy who made his own mocs, and then ended up talking to the original creator of Lego Space, added to teh whole mythology of classic Lego. There's obviously a big nostalgia factor, but you can tell it's because he has a lot of love for Lego. Lego Ideas has been filled to the brim with copyrighted materials for so long. Those feel relatively cheap on the sentimental scale. This is the first project that was accepted feels like there was a creative drive behind it, and fans can tell. It's one of the reasons why people like the Lego Movie. All the MOCs and theme gave it a creative drive.

The Labratory set is very obviously created with gender politics in mind. It rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Anyone who criticizes it on 4chan seems to be called out as a MRA, including myself, when really I just don't like seeing gender politics in toys. I'm gay so I don't exactly hate women, and my minority experiences more legitimate oppression than they do by default. So I can understand where they come from, but it just rubs me the wrong way. That's and I think the entire concept and execution is boring. I think the Exo Suit, along with being a creative nostalgic well executed idea with a lot of love put into it by a fan and support and love from fans, does the gender issue a lot better and it's not even trying to make a point about gender politics. There's just a guy and girl and they're partners. Blam. Equal. Awesome. They don't just exist to make a gender politic statements.
>>
>>4329150
Isn't that the whole point? To represent female scientist as something normal?
Until now, minifigs that were visibly female were in pink sets with poneys and all, like paradisa or friends. Now there are girls in normal legos too.

The goal is that girls can play Legos without having to buy pink sets with girls riding poneys.
>>
>>4329150
This nigga gets it.
>>
>>4329163
>Until now, minifigs that were visibly female were in pink sets with poneys and all

If this were true, I WOULDN'T HAVE ANY.
>>
>>4329160
i don't like the Scientist one because none of them provide new waifu material
>>
>>4329150
The inception of the laboratory is derived from the gender politics regardless if the LEGO Company markets it as such or not. It actually gives the impression that the LEGO Company are trying to avoid controversy. It's just marketing. The reason why it exists was because a fan was interested in gender politics.

Is that a bad thing? No. But I still don't like it. That doesn't make me a Men's Right Advocate. I just don't like it.

tl;dr YES is about gender politics.
>>
>>4329168

Find me a cool set of a spaceship or something like that, made before the 2010's, with only female minifigs in charge of the stuff in it?
>>
>>4329171
Your waifu isn't the T-rex skeleton? Faggot.

>>4329163
>>
>cashier in lego shop told me I had enough VIP points for £5 off the Exo suit

£24.99 fuck yeah. So worth it, the suit is bad ass, might have to splash out on bricklink for some coloured pieces to spruce the grey guy up a little.
>>
File: mini-Mini-Cooper-401091-part-1.jpg (287KB, 1087x799px) Image search: [Google]
mini-Mini-Cooper-401091-part-1.jpg
287KB, 1087x799px
so this looks scale but I'm going to ask anyways, it is minifig scale yes?
>>
>>4329176
8107 fight for the golden tower
>>
>>4329188
Don't look like it. You'd have to pull the seats out.
>>
File: WP_20140801_005.jpg (403KB, 1632x916px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20140801_005.jpg
403KB, 1632x916px
I like the robot turtle more than the exosuit.
>>
File: WP_20140801_007.jpg (388KB, 1632x916px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20140801_007.jpg
388KB, 1632x916px
>>
Feminism has taught me that women are so weak that the lack of a miniature lego head with lipstick will cause them to suffer low self esteem, and choose their career. They have weak malleable minds that are affected by things as awful as children's toys that will traumatize them and oppress them.

Am I being sarcastic? I really don't know anymore. Just like I never know if feminism is just trolling me or not.
>>
>>4329197
>8107 fight for the golden tower

Okay, that's one. And I'm sure you don't own it and had to search for it.

Now, wanna count the number of sets in which guys are in charge?
>>
>>4329200
Not even a hattless fig, without a molded head?
>>
>>4329188
>>4329200

I don't think so but you could remove the seats and remove your minifigs legs to fit it/shim/sham (I DO NOT USE CIS PRONOUNS) inside maybe.
>>
>>4329212
you wanna count the number of world leaders in charge who are male opposed to female world leaders?
>>
>>4329204
Me too!!!
>>
>>4329204
I thought that the red studs were sizzlin' shades in the thumbnail.
>>
>>4329212
>Okay, that's one.

1426 Cam Wing Diver

4792 Alpha Team Navigator and ROV

6772 Alpha Team Cruiser
>>
File: bait 2.jpg (72KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bait 2.jpg
72KB, 400x400px
>>4329219
We're being baited!

Let's not reply to poop posters anymore anonymous sama.
>>
>>4329219
So, lemme get this straight, because girls are getting ONE SET, with the aim to increase the representation of females in Lego, and because they succesfully mobilized their community to do so, that's undesserved, and this set is shit?
How butthurt are you?
>>
>>4329226
Too late, but you're right, we have asshole trolls.

LegoGen. is usually filled with many nice anons, but one female-orientated set and...
>>
File: bait.png (370KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
370KB, 600x500px
>>4329228
THOSE STRAWMEN
>>
>>4329211
>Am I being sarcastic? I really don't know anymore. Just like I never know if feminism is just trolling me or not.

Same feeling here. There is no shortage in female figures in City sets if that´s what these people are on about. Yes, there are no sets only with females and even a set with 8 figs still only has 2 women but I am more concerned with how there are only like 5 torsos and 2 heads. And what does the research set do? Yet again release fig parts from the same shitty range of 5 torsos and 2 heads, aside from that one professor who still isn´t really unique because there already were 2 female heads with glasses in the CMFs and the torso looks like they stole it from Arctic.
Really guys. There are always only 2 female heads in City sets and they don´t even look that much different, they could use some distinction apart from a different lip color.
>>
>>4329228
Lego should make a special congregation set when hilary clinton wins the next presidency.
>>
>>4329234
I grew up with the neutral genderless :) face too.

If you make a distinction then it would be sexist. Look at friends. They made a whole toyline for girls but it's got pastel colours which is sexist. Purple tools are sexist somehow, according to Anita Sarkesian.

This offends me as an homosexual. I want to dress as a giant penis on gay pride parade and I want it to be the most pastel shade of purple, because that's the sexiest penis colour in the world and I have a right to chose it. But now I can't because it makes me a sexist to use pastel coloured tools.
>>
File: plain jane.jpg (22KB, 262x410px) Image search: [Google]
plain jane.jpg
22KB, 262x410px
>>4329234
Wearing lipstick and make up is degrading towards women, it objectifies them as sex objects.
>>
File: 23ertg-b09iu.jpg (89KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
23ertg-b09iu.jpg
89KB, 640x640px
Is wyldstyle a good role model for girls?
>>
File: Anita-Sarkeesian-Screenshot.jpg (40KB, 615x345px) Image search: [Google]
Anita-Sarkeesian-Screenshot.jpg
40KB, 615x345px
>>4329241
You're right. Gender Signifiers are wrong. That's why feminist idols wear giant hoop earrings, make up and ponytails. Calling that girl plain jane is ableist because it makes girls believe that being ordinary and non sexually objectified and fetishized by men is a negative trait. Long hair is another harmful gender signifier. She needs to be shaved for total superior gender neutrality.
>>
>>4329247
No she has pink in her hair which is sexist because it promotes harmful stereotypes about women. Most of her plot from the Lego Movie involves being submissive towards Batman, one of the most iconic examples of the male power fantasy.
>>
>>4329248
Are you high? Her name literally is plain jane, she is my girlfriend.
>>
I don't know who's trolling who anymore.
>>
File: 3933-1.jpg (62KB, 640x321px) Image search: [Google]
3933-1.jpg
62KB, 640x321px
>>4329240
>This offends me as an homosexual. I want to dress as a giant penis on gay pride parade and I want it to be the most pastel shade of purple, because that's the sexiest penis colour in the world and I have a right to chose it. But now I can't because it makes me a sexist to use pastel coloured tools.

This post would have made more sense if I didn't forget the image.
>>
>>4329251
But, everything is awesome....
>>
>>4329256
You haven't made sense for quite a few posts, now... :p
>>
>>4329256
I never got why they made the tools purple. Such a wasted color change.
>>
>>4329259
Everything is NOT awesome. Did you know about the harmful oil that is spilled into our oceans EVERY DAY!! Lego is the best and most appropriate medium for us to further our anti oil agenda!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhbliUq0_r4
>>
I got an extra of this set for $3, what could I make with it?
>>
>>4329267
A giant purple dong.
>>
>>4329261
That's the point. Anita Sarkesian said Friends was sexist because they had no non typical jobs. Then the girl who builds robots doesn't count because her tools are purple.

There are shittons of women in Lego but being girly is a crime for some reason. And I hate it because I'm a homo and I already have to deal with this bullshit becuase I'm with a man and dating another man is girly becuase fuck you purple tools.
>>
>>4329270
If there's anything to take away from this thread it's this.
>>
>>4329271
I'm trans and troll feminists by flashing my dong at their meet ups. :P
>>
>>4329277
The Vagina Lab Lego set has been a success.
>>
>>4329251

But Wyldstyle is the one who teaches Emmet everything...
>>
How do store clerks fell about fiddling with blindbags, anyway?

Is there a chance, small or big, that one will give me shit for this?
>>
>>4329300
No you're fine.
>>
>>4329300
>fell
Oops, feel.
>>
>>4329266
>Greenpeace

Oh boy.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/afol16/discuss/72157645621893773/

>Greenpeace dropped a big yellow container with studs on top in front of our corporate HQ today. Then they climbed all our flag poles (I don't know why there's no need to climb a flag pole to operate it) - took down the LEGO flags and national flags and raised their own flags which said 'Shell' in the LEGO logo typeface. It was like a massive advert for the Shell poly bag sets.

>Then they stood around waiting for something to be done. Local police came down, had a word, then left. No one from LEGO said anything to them - because it's the middle of the school holidays here and there's less then 20% of the staff in work - and absolutely no one of the leadership team was in. The receptionist seemed a bit confused as to what to do. We all kind of ignored them, they kind of ignored us, no press or any one else turned up. It was a bit awkward really. Apparently they did the same thing in Czech Republic at our factory yesterday.

>They did not picket the Shell petrol station down the road, nor did they reveal where the fuel for the big truck (and presumably forklift) to move the container was bought from.

>It's windy in Billund (in Denmark generally) and one of their banners broke) again they felt this required climbing the flag pole to fiddle with it. My main take away from the day is Greenpeace may need to be taught how flagpoles are supposed to work.

>The flag pole climbers were all decked out in climbing gear and stuff, they looked ready to scale a mountain. I don't know what they were expecting the LEGO HQ to be but the one floor, flat roofed, structure must have been a crushing disappointment to them. So up the flagpoles they went!
>>
>>4329310
>gotta sign up into Yahoo or Google to enter the link
Oh, c'mon anon.
>>
>>4329300
I work in retail and I honestly don't care if customers do shit like that, as long as they don't give me trouble. Not that we sell the blind bags but that wouldn't make a difference.
I know some people I work with would probably get annoyed if we did but thats because their old and bitter and don't get it. It's not like they would say anything to the customer anyway.

Honestly I'd probably help out customers look for certain minifigs in the blindbags. Atleast my boss would like me going the extra mile to make the customer happy.
>>
>>4329315
Huh, didn't realise the discussion was private. All the relevant text is in the post anyway, it's from Mark Stafford.
>>
>>4329322
Lego should make fun of green peace in a few sets without making it obvious.
>>
>>4329310
Fucking hilarious.
>>
>>4329327
Best response in the thread:

>Solution: lube the flag poles with Shell Oil. Watch the hilarity ensue.
>>
>>4329310
I don't get it, do they think LEGO is the only company using plastics or something?
>>
>>4329326
What they need is some sort of marine life set with a whale.

[spoiler]And a barber caught in some seaweed.[/spoiler]
>>
>>4329310
>>It's windy in Billund (in Denmark generally) and one of their banners broke) again they felt this required climbing the flag pole to fiddle with it. My main take away from the day is Greenpeace may need to be taught how flagpoles are supposed to work.

>worker climbs pole
>falls down and breaks his back
>sues lego
>>
>>4329337
It's Greenpeace.

They are fucking cuckoo.
>>
>>4329337
Consider this: they full on mountain-climbed a flagpole to change the flags. I don't think they're smart enough to understand what plastics /are/, much less who uses them.
>>
>>4329300
I got banned from toys r us for doing it, they thought I was shoplifting.
>>
File: image.jpg (397KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
397KB, 1366x768px
Just a reminder: this is likely to be green lit next.
>>
>>4329378
isn't WB on good terms with them?
>>
File: 1399440293025.png (266KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1399440293025.png
266KB, 640x400px
>>4329310
>>It's windy in Billund (in Denmark generally) and one of their banners broke) again they felt this required climbing the flag pole to fiddle with it. My main take away from the day is Greenpeace may need to be taught how flagpoles are supposed to work.
>>The flag pole climbers were all decked out in climbing gear and stuff, they looked ready to scale a mountain. I don't know what they were expecting the LEGO HQ to be but the one floor, flat roofed, structure must have been a crushing disappointment to them. So up the flagpoles they went!

Oh my god. please be real.
>>
>>4329378
>Likely

Haha, no, it's far too crass for Lego.
>>
>>4329395
big bang is a warner brothers show, and the lego movie was released by them.
>>
>>4329378
They didn´t even Sherlock, why would this be different. Dr. Who is even more likely than this.
>>
>>4329395
You forget the Big Bang Theory has tons of stupid merchandise.
>>
>>4329391
http://brickset.com/sets/list-5289
This is the guy who posted it, it's real.
>>
>>4329378

nonononononononooooooooo
>>
>>4329399
>bbc
>lego

heh
>>
>>4329398
This means literally nothing.
>>
>>4329378
If i buy it, are my cool bucks going to WB's fat fucks?

It looks like it has some cool pieces to scavenge for.
>>
>>4329407
how do you know warner wouldn't influence lego in any way? Batman was pretty much a main character in the movie as in half the sets.
>>
>>4329414
Just sit back for a moment and listen to yourself.
>>
>>4329412
all the dc sets you buy go to wb's pockets.
>>
>>4329419
Good thing i never bought a single one DC set!

Nah, just kidding.

I'd rather Bricklink the sets than support TBBT, though.
>>
>>4329418
Yea, wb has more leaway then disney. Its why that ghost busters set got made.
>>
>>4329341
>spoilers on toy
>>
>>4329310
>https://www.flickr.com/groups/afol16/discuss/72157645621893773/

>This page is private

Post a fucking screencap, damn you.
>>
Hey guys, can we talk about Lego stuff for a minute?

I found a BL store that had all four of the TMNT minifigs I wanted to get for my friend's kids. I found a store before that, but I took too long meandering around their store picking out stuff for myself, and one of the turtles got ganked out of my cart.

Anyway, my turtles came in, so my friend's kids will be happy to get them out of the blue.
>>
File: 1375340591634.png (47KB, 739x864px) Image search: [Google]
1375340591634.png
47KB, 739x864px
How do I become good at building without instructions and mocing? The only good looking "mocs" I've made were some hero factory things.
>>
>>4329518
use bricks and pins. theres a book on how to moc
>>
>>4329524
Link?
>>
File: grille pieces.jpg (397KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
grille pieces.jpg
397KB, 1306x980px
>>4328489
>that perfect nose solution
Beautiful, is it posable at all though?

>>4328493
is that a bioindustry moc on the left, or lab mouses? It's a little too dark to make out.

>>4328546
yeah it'd be fun
i fucking hate the frenchness of surmleredditXDbros though.

If i start drawing again i'd love to draw my mocced minifigs as well as original Lego characters. I did some, but i unlearned a lot of my technical skill apparently. One day i will make the echi art of Marsha the Mermaid that she deserves.

>>4328567
but masturbating is what keeps my on edge (lol) about wanting to draw anon. My reference/inspiration folder is merging more and more with my porn folder.

>>4328691
It looks pretty ok for some interior pieces and whatnot. What's the price though? I can't find it online for some reason. I'm more then covered on the female minifigs front though, pretty much 50/50 for the actually assembled ones i have lying around.
[spoiler]poorly disguised "post your brickwaifus thread"[/stillnospoiler]

>>4328889
i'd love some black ones to connect to the blacktron and spyrius baseplates. What i'd really really want is old dark grey, but that is never gonna happen isn't it.

>>4328951 I'm totally ok with the more family friendly easy going atmosphere of /toy/ and LG. But let's not get things to the point where we can't even call eachother homosexuals anymore.

>>4329176
iceplanet chick,
would've loved an aquasharks girl with a haircut just as cool as the leon kennedy style one. What a handsome motherfucker that was.
>>
File: EXO.png (836KB, 608x609px) Image search: [Google]
EXO.png
836KB, 608x609px
TLDR ACCIDENTLY 5 SUITS :|

So after staying up till 4 am I woke up and I tried to order 3 exo suits this morning, One to put with the other ideas sets boxed,One for my dad and one for me. The order apparently went through but on checking order details it didn't exist, Bank didn't have any money taken and no confirmation email so i was like fuck.

Went to Manchester Lego store and they had 2 exo suits left. Checked my online stuff with them at the store and my order from the morning didn't exist so I bought the two there.

cue after 10 hour shift at work I get the confirmation that 3 suits have been shipped :|

What do ?!?! I feel shitty as I have 2 more sets than I needed :(
>>
>>4329583
Manchester ey? I could buy one off you.
>>
>>4329300
All of the toy stores here feel the bags themselves so that customers get what they want right away.

It's actually pretty cool of them.
>>
>>4329588
That's fucking amazing.

Like, they have little stickers on the bags listing what fig is inside?
>>
>>4329587
Ill probably have to stick them straight on my ebay when I get them (ghostcatuk) id like to get back that dent in my funds aha :P

Also any idea for names for my two turtles ?
>>
>>4329583
Sell them to bros who cant find any.
>>
>>4329588
>All of the toy stores here feel the bags themselves so that customers get what they want right away.

>TFW this probably means some mouth-breather shrieked several times they didn't get what they wanted
>>
>>4329594
Leonardo (blue) Raphael (red)
now make an orange and purple visor one.
>>
>>4329176
Any classic space set. :) isn't male or female, it's either.
>>
>>4329233
>bait image
>complains about strawman

MRA pls go back to /v/ or /pol/.
>>
>>4329592
They mark the pricetags with the corresponding number from the checklist.

It's really cool, and I've helped out my local store when the last two series arrived. They've gotten the bag-feeling down as a skill.

>>4329622
Heh, I hope not. I don't think I've seen that kind of behavior in this country when it comes to our hobby.
>>
File: 056.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
056.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>4329630
Yeah im sure you guys know I love my turtles but it felt too obvious :P
>>
>>4329634
>Heh, I hope not. I don't think I've seen that kind of behavior in this country when it comes to our hobby.

I've learned something in my short 27 years of life. Never under-estimate the power of idiots.

Just look at my country, the US, right now. Stupidity is why we are where we are right now.
>>
>>4329639
>>4329583
Slash and Metalhead
>>
>>4329378
Projects only really pass if there's something of a buildable quality to them. Ghostbusters and BttF had their cars. The Exo-Suit. The modular science lab pieces. Minecraft.

The Big Bang Theory won't pass through because even though there are plenty of people who want minifigures of the major characters, there's really nothing to build from the series. No iconic place, object, scene, nothing in particular.
>>
>>4329639
Fuck, you should totally acquire an army of exo-turtles to fight against your Mousers.
>>
>>4329657
The living room is iconic. I mean we're on the verge of getting a crappy Dr.Who set of an alleyway.
>>
>>4329663
Maybe, or maybe not.

The other anon is right; all of the accepted and released Ideas sets have been about the build, rather than the figures. Satellite? Submarine? Sci-fi car? CGI environment? Exo-suit? All about the build. The research set was also about the build, at least the way it was released. Even though the female minifigs drove its run to 10,000, and the agenda the reason for its eventual production, the relevance of the minifigs in it was barely mentioned.

Although a Dr. Who set or a Big Bang Theory set is gonna thrill the fans, unless the set is about what you build rather than who you get with it, it won't pass.
>>
File: 048.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
048.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>4329658
I have my army of blacktron and currently my blacktron exosuit is in V2 (ill take pics of it in a few mins im building a set so to speak)
>>
>>4329677
citation needed.
>>
Does anyone have a link or something for the instructions for the original exo suit design? I tried google but there was too much unrelated shitty weebo moc mechs buggering the search
>>
>>4329677
Do you live in Egypt? Because you must be in De Nial.
>>
>>4329690
For which part of it?
>>
>>4329684
Building it already? Did you order parts for it or are you working with your inventory?
>>
File: IMG_1562.jpg (1MB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1562.jpg
1MB, 1936x1936px
>>4329677
Doctor Who did actually have a fairly successful brick toy series in the UK. Lego initially rejected every Doctor Who submission because of that, but the contract expired and the line was discontinued, so only NOW is Lego accepting Doctor Who submissions.

And if a Doctor Who set does pass through, it's probably just going to be the TARDIS and some landscape.
>>
>>4329706
>sonic screwnikitty
>>
File: 021.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
021.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>4329705
V2 Is built, V3 is in the post :P

BLACK IS SO unphotogenic
>>
File: 024.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
024.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
My Blacktron EXO isn't finished V2 basically has the shape, V3 should have all limbs and decals attached :D I love the cockpit !
>>
File: F3.jpg (368KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
F3.jpg
368KB, 1024x1365px
Made something, highly based off Knightmare Frames from Code Geass. What do you think? Gonna cannibalize the exo suit to add more to this most likely
>>
File: F1.jpg (314KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
F1.jpg
314KB, 1024x1365px
>>4329723

Those are supposed to be spare rockets for the launcher, the ropes are meant to be attached to a VTOL I made, gotta have that air mobility. Opposite arm has a machine gun in it
>>
>>4329716
Looks cool, but I feel like it's body type is stuck between Super Robot and Chicken Walker, and should have less of one than it has of the other.
>>
File: F2.jpg (252KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
F2.jpg
252KB, 1024x1365px
>>4329726

Chest/cockpit ejects. A minifig fits in the back sine minifig scale is best. Pilot compartment is roughly the same design as the larger stuff I've built
>>
File: buildup.jpg (95KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
buildup.jpg
95KB, 800x600px
>>4329713
>BLACK IS SO unphotogenic
Tell me about it.
>>
File: 026.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
026.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Took a few shots just incase people wanted to see, The legs and cage are pretty much set in stone,also I love the shoulders, I got loads of cracklink parts to experiment with on arms for v3 so hopefully its awesome.

>>4329728
I love the talons along with the pads on the ankles so chicken walking is the only way it can work with them parts, Also it lets it stand up tall or hunch like the normal Exo.
>>
>>4329706

Too bad Doctor Who is fucking stupid.
>>
File: 025.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
025.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>4329737
Back mounted cannon does special things...
>>
File: 027.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
027.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>4329741
BEETLE BRO!!!
>>
>>4329737
Maybe it's just me, since those Piraka feet have been used so much in official sets.

If you're keeping the legs, though, I think you should shorten the arms to visually fit together better.
>>
>>4329706
I think Who has better chances at being accepted than BBT does. Seems like such a small set though. Maybe make the TARDIS able to open up and become bigger on the inside?
>>
>>4329746
Super cute!
>>
File: 029.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
029.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>4329747
Proportion wise the legs and arms the same as the exo suit,the elbows just make it look bigger :P
I love the legs and might change the feet as the ankles don't allow them to move.

The arms are my last big design change along with the hips/crotch, Ive ordered loads of parts to experiment with, Just need to wait for them.
>>
>>4329765
>dat reflection
>>
>>4329773
Its 4am :P don't judge
>>
>>4329150
The point is that SJW won and MRA lost,so therefore hissy fit.
>>
File: prime breef.jpg (119KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
prime breef.jpg
119KB, 800x600px
Reposting my bukow.

Now with better lighting and set.
>>
>>4329802
He's so fucking derpy.

What noise does he make?
>>
Welp my two exo-suits from last night shipped. Says delivery on Thursday, but I'm hoping it's sooner since it shipped from Mississippi and I live in Virginia.
>>
>>4329811
>What noise does he make?
A sort of coughing, honking "guh" noise. The calves make a high-pitched nasally "heh" sound.
>>
>>4329378
You know, I wouldn't even be that disappointed if that won so long as all the neat shit around the apartment was kept in the set.
>>
File: DSC_1192.jpg (2MB, 3482x2409px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1192.jpg
2MB, 3482x2409px
>>4329055
This spaceship is mostly an Enlighten copy of the Lego Paradisa Country Club set. Although I did add some details using a small space set and police car.
>>
Does anyone have a pic of the Chima thing that's available later this month if you spend $75+?

And is next month the classic white space guy for the US?
>>
>>4329865
Really pretty, anon.

Can you take a pic from the front?
>>
>>4329896
Free with $100 purchase. Fuck....
>>
>>4329765
Looking at this has made me decide that I'm just going to BL one of the minifigs.

Probably the lady. I have enough smirking dudes.
>>
File: We exo suit now.jpg (472KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
We exo suit now.jpg
472KB, 1024x1365px
This just came in [nospoilersontoy]for free[/gibspoilerspls] and I'm about to get some wingstop. Can things get any better?
>>
>>4329918

>Exosuit

I'm starting to want one..
>>
File: exo.jpg (438KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
exo.jpg
438KB, 1024x1365px
>>4329921

I'd recommend it, great part selection
>>
>>4329583
> you have 5 (presumably unopened) boxes
> take 2 and go to the Lego store to return
> zero profit has been made
>>
File: An Hero Factory.jpg (79KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
An Hero Factory.jpg
79KB, 500x381px
>>4330123
I want one mostly to MOC with (and delicious green space waifu of course). Yeah, I'll build the set once, but I plan on seeing what little mechs and stuff I can make with the parts. Assuming I can get my hands on one, that is.
>>
>>4328848
>>4329583
>>4330123
Why doesn't anyone put the space woman to pilot the mech? She did find it first after all.
>>
>>4329802
YES more brikreatures!
My Favorite is still Alpacamas
>>
>>4330206
miso ginny
>>
>>4330206
Can you think of one female mech pilot who didn't fuck everything up somehow?
>>
>>4330238
Do Tachikoma count as mechs?
>>
>>4330238
Ripley saved the day in one in Aliens...
>>
>>4330203
> Bionicle eyes and heads are removable

Fuck man, why did I never think of that?
>>
File: Chopper Drop.webm (477KB, 640x480px)
Chopper Drop.webm
477KB, 640x480px
These guys need a proper set sometime.
The dual-rotor chopper would be awesome on it's own, and a wind-up bike that could set off once it hit the ground, would be perfect, but I'm too much of a dunsky to build it without instruction.
>>
>>4330273
>These guys need a proper set sometime.

learn to moc
>>
File: WZ-14 Mafeng.png (1MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
WZ-14 Mafeng.png
1MB, 2048x2048px
>>4330273
Synchropters are fucking great. Lego's actually done them at least twice, one very old Technic set and an altmodel for a recent one.

Technically-speaking, a ratchet wouldn't be too hard to hook into a windup motor, the synchropter gearbox is the tricky part.
>>
File: mafeng_rotor_mech.png (311KB, 1024x699px) Image search: [Google]
mafeng_rotor_mech.png
311KB, 1024x699px
>>4330281
>>
Made a (terrible) brickbuilt replacement torso for Chi Laval. The colors are ridiculously temporary (provided I don't scrap the entire project), and make little to no sense, so try not to think about them too hard.

>>4329267
Looks like that set has enough hinges and 'fingers' to either make a small mech for Razcal, or an insane jetpack-with-wings thing.

>>4329300
In my experience:
>WalMart
Doesn't care.
>Target
Doesn't care, but there was a steady stream of employees walking down the aisle. I wasn't sure if this was just my paranoia, or if they were directed to keep me nervous.
>Lego Store
Actively encourages it and the clerk will often ask if you've felt them on checkout and double check if buying just one or two.

>>4330273
I'd be pretty surprised if Copper Chopper Showdown wasn't a set in the new wave.

>>4330286
whyboner.jpg
>>
>>4330336
On the plus side, I'm pretty satisfied with what posability I managed to include (despite neglecting to work in an ab-crunch/waist-swivel).

He can actually reach for his weapon storage,...
>>
>>4330338
...pray for more Chi,...
>>
>>4330339
...or just take a shit on my desk.
>>
I bought eight, 2 going to my house, 2 to my sisters, 2 to my work and I picked up 2 from my local LEGO Store, only 2 of the online orders say shipped though, my 3rd is stuck on processing.

I put them on eBay at £40 starting and nearly sold them
>>
>>4329518
>that feels
>>
>>4328184
>ordering 2
how the fuck?
>>
>>4330259
To be fair, even with that little contraption they're pretty difficult to get out. And what would you do with the pieces once they're seperated? The heads have been used as feet before, sure, but the eyebrains are kind of specialized to the point of uselessness.
>>
File: DSC_1211.jpg (1MB, 2931x1892px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1211.jpg
1MB, 2931x1892px
>>4329898
I guess the emblem is copied from some old lego theme.
>>
>>4330448
looks like star fleet on that one.
>>
>>4329726
Man, that is really really neat. I'm especially keen on how you got the skates to work, How's the articulation?
>>
>>4329264
I mean if they don't want to use grey or black, why not use white? something neutral? pink would have been more logical even, since some wrenches are red in real life.
>>
>>4329274
inb4 someone submits an idea about "giant purple dong costume guy" being part of the next CMF line as a sucessor to piggy and chicken suit guy.
>>
>>4329337
They are protesting Lego's promotional sets for Shell gas stations, because Shell is owned by Satan or something.
>>
>>4329378
>micro micro deathstar
I want this to exist just so i can buy that thing from scalpers.
>>
>>4330548
Apparently all gas companies are deliberately out to destroy the world and are overjoyed when oil spills happen.
>>
File: 1404817593664.jpg (97KB, 600x886px) Image search: [Google]
1404817593664.jpg
97KB, 600x886px
>>4330203
That fucking filename
>>
>>4330555
BP exec please go
>>
>>4329310

Greenpeace, complain about oil companies, but sail their fucking ships about with no proper cause, worse waste of fuel that nascar, atleast people pay attention to nascar
>>
>>4328177
Stop using scalper bait "editions" we had one during comicon too about exclusives.

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-jurassic-world-sets-confirmed-for-2015/
Also most of lego general's been exo suit this exo suit that,and the occasional feminist agenda, not many post of mocs or creative talk, not even some amazing power digger discovery. You faggots disgust me.

No one has brought up we're getting mother fucking dinosaurs in sets again.
>>
File: 1361396474549.gif (775KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1361396474549.gif
775KB, 500x281px
>>4330614
>mfw another chance to pick up some lego dinosaurs after missing out on the DINO sets
>>
>>4330614
This rumour intrigues me. Its weird since as far as I know Kreo got the license for Jurassic Park. Meanwhile Pratt was in the Lego movie, so he shouldnt mix them up.

I hope its true. And I hope that they go the Indiana Jones way and release sets based on the earlier movies, too.
>>
>>4330614
>>4330655
> tfw Dino sets were so shit, shit colorscheme, shit designs, overpriced and dinosaurs all look like actionfigures

Really hope for some brickbuilt dinosaurs but HAHA, they didn´t even do a LOTR war-elephant so who am I kidding, Lego animals will all have overspecialized moulds and the brickbuilt ones they sell will look shit like the reindeer from Santas workshop.
>>
>>4330659
Kreo did nothing with the license, then again not much kre-o crap on regular retail shelves besides combiners and blindbags, most kre-o crap is toys r us exclusive now. Maybe they lost massive bucks on Battelship sets.
>>
>>4330614
>>4330659
I have a feeling it's true. Pretty much all the Kre-O stuff that isn't Transformers has done poorly no matter how much they invested in it (Battleship, GI Joe, etc), and this is far from the first time Lego would be making sets based on a property Hasbro has the master toy rights to. That, and the Dino sets have shot up in value in the aftermarket, so Lego probably realized the demand for more dinosaur stuff and decided to spring for Jurassic World - meanwhile, Hasbro figured that Kre-O was too unpredictable, so they just accepted whatever deal Lego offered to get the building toy rights and cut their losses. Besides, Chris Pratt is a massive fanboy and starred in the Lego Movie - I highly doubt he'd get them mixed up.
>>
>>4330661
even the line you mentioned, LOTR, had a brickbuilt huge spider called shelob and she looked amazing.
>>
>>4330661
>shit designs
the triceratops truck would have been good if the colour scheme was either more safari-esque or full contrusction vehicle. Not the comprimise they tried.
>>
Do you think they'll ever remake Classic Space again, /toy/? With that Exo Suit and Benny from the LEGO Movie it seems to be more popular than ever.
>>
>>4330614
>not even some amazing power digger discovery.
Jesus Christ, you faggots never stop
>>
File: 69009-tardisall.jpg (131KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
69009-tardisall.jpg
131KB, 660x495px
>>4330659
>>4330614
This rumor males some sense because I know Hasbro has the License until 2015, so this and the production timeline of the average licensed set means that Christmas 2015 is plausible.

>>4329706
>>4329706
The Character Building sets bombed, shops had to slash the prices just to get the shop space back.
>>
>>4330794
Yes, but only as UCS sets or more cameos such as the statue in the space police ship jang recently reviewed.
>>
>>4330661
>war elephant
don't remind me, We even got the pirate shitboat as a "replacement". Also, no fell beast. Also, no brickbuilt smaug.ALSO no set of bree with some more ringwraths.
>>
If I place an order for $100+ including the exo-suit, will the rest of the stuff ship immediately and the exo-suit later, with free shipping on both?
>>
>>4330831
They just won't ship any of the order until they get the exo suit in stock
>>
>>4330833
Oh, okay.
>>
File: ALIEN.jpg (145KB, 1346x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ALIEN.jpg
145KB, 1346x1000px
>>4330238
>>4330251
do it
>>
TRUs have Chima Fire and Ice sets in murka now.
>>
>>4330451
>>4330448

>not knowing about Exploriens.
>>
File: 1980something.png (1MB, 686x746px) Image search: [Google]
1980something.png
1MB, 686x746px
i decided to rebuild the very first two sets i got in the 80s , i will bricklink every piece in good/mint condition , sure i could buy whole set, but where's the fun in that?

i still have parts from old sets but they're hardly "playable" anymore.
>>
Any sets with metalbeard as his actual minifig self?
>>
File: keanu.jpg (28KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
keanu.jpg
28KB, 500x360px
>tfw you are extremely shitty at building and can only have fun with the instruction-made sets
Is being a failure something awesome, /toy/?

I think my problem is that i only have a very small collection of sets, and i refuse to Bricklink anything until i can have a good-sized hoard, so i can't build jackshit.
>>
>>4330928
What do you mean by hardly 'playable'? For bricks of that age, they look pretty fantastic. A lot of lego from that era has changed multiple hands through hand-me-downs and is yellowed and scratched to shit. Those look great.
>>
>>4330998
go out and buy something big and cool then take it apart and make it into something else?
>>
>>4331003
Yeah, but i'm facing pretty much Emmet's problem, where i can visualize easily what i want to build, but can't transmit it to the bricks.
>>
>>4331002

these are the replacements.

the originals are lost, broken, scratched, full of plastiline and dont clutch anymore.
>>
>>4331010
when I get stuck with creative writing I scribble in the corners. apply that to bricks by making small things with whatever comes in the set?
>>
File: Vic-colorchoices.png (639KB, 1794x1216px) Image search: [Google]
Vic-colorchoices.png
639KB, 1794x1216px
>>4330998

That's where LDD comes in.

It's like diet soda. It'll alleviate some of the want but not all of it (you won't hold what you build unless you cracklink it)
>>
>>4330819
Weirdest part is that I was on a shopping site once and they listed a set named Frodo v.s. the Ringwraith. Seems like they replaced it with Saruman v.s. Gandalf after a couple of months.
>>
File: TLM_Emmet2.jpg (245KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
TLM_Emmet2.jpg
245KB, 525x525px
>>4331015
Sounds good.

I think that what really matters here is that there's no right way to play with Lego, and only fun matters.

And since i do have fun with my sets, i'm fine either way.
>>
>>4331046
just like what mr rogers told me on pbs
>>
Has anyone modded their exo suit to have good wrist joints yet?
>>
File: 1387951380481.jpg (13KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1387951380481.jpg
13KB, 250x250px
>tfw LBR employee
>>
>>4330819
I still wish desperately for a Smaug's Hoard set. I would get in a split second, even though I've cut back heavy on lego.
>>
>>4329378
>lego lego death star
>>
>>4331108
>not owning a Lego Lego set
>>
>>4330809
>shops had to slash the prices just to get the shop space back
Really? Because they're still expensive as fuck at FYE and such, and it doesn't look like they'll be clearanced soon.
>>
File: lego my eggo.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
lego my eggo.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Yo guys, I just realized that I got one of these Chrome Gold C3POs back in 2007 when I bought my last lego set. Are they worth anything nowadays? Don't think I'd sell it or anything. Means a lot.
>>
File: IMG_0299.jpg (285KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0299.jpg
285KB, 960x720px
I just found this transparent red radar dish this and I have no idea what set it belongs to to. Bricksets giving me nothing. Anyone?
>>
>>4331189
It's from that little Ogel flying machine, isn't it?
>>
>>4330928
that digger looks really fucking good.

>>4331189
alpha team sets probably
>>
>>4331203
Yes! Thanks
>>
>>4331044
Frodo vs. The ringwrath could have also been a beta name for attack on weathertop. Or what you said. Or maybe a scrapped polybag?
>>
>>4331129
I do own a lego lego set, it's the lego truck in the blue 2x2 box which contains the lego truck, which, logically would contain a lego truck,and so on, which would make it a lego^infinity lego truck. [Toyler]get on my level[/toyler]
>>
>>4328884

Why is everyone losing their shit over this set? It looks pretty generic, not to mention you're just buying ~315 random grey tidbits. What am I missing here?
>>
>>4331279
LEGO hasn't really acknowledged this semi-fragile kind of greebly construction before; first cuusoo project released because it was a good set idea rather than tumblr faggots voting for their pop cultures and politics.
>>
>>4331279
This is exactly why.
>>4329106
>>4329160
>>
>>4331040

Why is it that I think atleast two of those are Half-Life references?
>>
>>4331304

One of them is actually. One of the others is another reference.
>>
>>4331306
>One of them is actually. One of the others is another reference.

Haha, fuckin' knew it.

>TFW Blue Shift was the only one of the originals I finished before my computer died.

Opposing Force was THE shit, though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqSva-2QgHE
>>
>>4331306
I'm guessing "Skyway" is a reference to the Skyway Patrol of MLAATR, right?
>>
>>4331323

Actually...

http://reboot.wikia.com/wiki/Central_Police_Unit
>>
Knights Kingdom II was alright.
>>
>>4330809
I keep misinterpreting this as a little girl with a pedo and her disapproving parents.
>>
So how long do I have to wait before the Exosuit minifigs are available on Bricklink?
>>
>>4331424
Judging from everything I'm predicting that they will end up being $15-20 dollars.
>>
new thread needed! we are on autosage (again)
>>
>>4331471
We don't need a new one just because we're autosaging. /toy/ is slow.
>>
>>4329150
Exactly. If LEGO released a science lab set with three male minifigs, nobody would give a shit. But when it's three female minifigs, it's 'too PC'.

>>4329211
It's not for the women, it's for the girls. Simple things like children's toys can make a huge difference to a kid's perception of which jobs are for which genders.
>>
>>4331471

>Lego general threads move at the speed of glaciers compared to those on /k/ and /tg/

>Some bitch is always saying we need a new thread

We're only 76 images in, and I am going to assume that any intelligent internet browser is doing the same shit I do: keep the thread tab in memory and never lose it.
>>
>>4331188
They're worth a few hundred bucks each.
>>
>>4331504
>It's not for the women, it's for the girls. Simple things like children's toys can make a huge difference to a kid's perception of which jobs are for which genders.

inb4 armchair child development experts
>>
Went to Brickfair VA today, took a shit-ton of pics. New thread or should I just post one and a link to some online album? Have to process them a bit first too, too big.
>>
>>4331471

When a new thread gets made

Make sure to use the copypasta and links and all that! We cant keep having these threads without them, you fucks need to stop dicking around and let the right anons make it
>>
>>4331800
Just post a link in this thread, we got time
>>
>minifig of rocket raccoon exists
>can't move legs

Why are all the good things in life watered down?
>>
File: brickfairhaul.jpg (547KB, 1434x1730px) Image search: [Google]
brickfairhaul.jpg
547KB, 1434x1730px
>>4331803
OK, working on it. For now, pic related was my haul.
>>
>>4331824
>armor with female breastplates
Post some figs with 'em.
>>
>>4329572
>is that a bioindustry moc on the left, or lab mouses? It's a little too dark to make out.
Neither. It's an ill-conceived poorly executed weapons rack. Little too dark indeed.
>>
>>4331805
Plus the head piece makes his arms restricted and completely freezes his head. What the hell Lego?

I still love my Guardians figs, but having the most expressive character all but a statue is depressing.
>>
File: hop-up banner.jpg (117KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
hop-up banner.jpg
117KB, 800x600px
New Lego Quest is up if anybody wants in:

>>>/tg/33855716
>>
>>4330831
Of course.

>>4330833
You're full of shit.
>>
File: brickfair141.jpg (520KB, 1009x598px) Image search: [Google]
brickfair141.jpg
520KB, 1009x598px
>>4331827
>>
>>4331854
Seeing moulded breasts on a minifig looks so wrong.
>>
>>4331854

>Boob armor

Is that available in pearl gold?
>>
Grabbed a small tub at the LEGO store today.
>pls excuse the instagram pics
>>
>>4331890
>>
>>4331885
Nope. Black, red, brown. Maybe write them. http://www.brickwarriors.com/
>>
>>4331893
>>
>>4331854
Those look pretty good, who made them?
>>
>>4331895
Good night sweet prince ;_;

>inb4 not dead, just fell asleep in an garden
>>
>>4331896
see >>4331894
>>
>>4331828
oh ok. it looked like a series of cages with the white lego mouses in them.
>>
>>4331828
Dude that is so cool!

Been meaning to make one of those for a while, especially since I used to work with rats.
>>
Weekly challenge time?

http://strawpoll.me/2102809/r
>>
I suggest recreate the sinking of the Rainbow Warrior
>>
>>4332051
>/r
>>
Have you ever spend too much? Like when you only have a little money on food and internets.
>>
>>4332076
thats when you know you have a problem and need to adjust your priorities
>>
New thread
>>4331904
>>
>>4329337
>>4330548

It's specifically because of a Shell arctic oil drilling set, which is bad because of Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and because a spill in the Arctic would be Exxon Valdez x 10.
>>
>>4332347
>New thread

>83 images in this one

WHY? Why is it so important to keep the damn thing on page one? Jesus christ if people want to find this thread they should be smart enough to search for it.
>>
>>4332540
Don't take it up with me. The incompetent OP of the other thread just didn't bother to post it here. If folks were really smart they would just keep generals in the thread watcher.
>>
>>4328884
>1 per household
>>
What's better?
The Monster Fighters Haunted House or Arkham Asylum?
Thread posts: 362
Thread images: 84

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.