[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ThreeA General: Gas Masks n' Guns Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 298
Thread images: 55

File: nomdeplume.jpg (179KB, 1200x800px)
nomdeplume.jpg
179KB, 1200x800px
Hey everyone, discuss 3A here!

THREAD CHALLENGE! Post a photo of your most recent arrival because nobody ever fucking takes/posts pictures!

We do have a guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16ZwDs7TsW2X3OdTcYlBsLs4LNFFGcPsq4a9sGixApKc/pub

And a comic (It's good read it)
http://imgur.com/a/kPeUh#0
>>
File: D5180038.jpg (981KB, 1080x1620px)
D5180038.jpg
981KB, 1080x1620px
>>4255509
>Post a photo of your most recent arrival
Just got this guy yesterday, haven't even adjusted the bags. Passed on it when it was released but couldn't resist it at $100 shipped.
>>
The Hell? This thread went from a bunch of posts to two in a matter of minutes. Anyway, any word on the 2000 AD stuff? That Judge Death teaser has my head about ready to 'splode.
>>
>>4255658
This place has turned into a hugbox any negative post is deleted
>>
>Gas Masks n' Guns Edition
We Star Lord now
>>
File: Nabler-Beer-Guy-2.jpg (353KB, 700x1038px)
Nabler-Beer-Guy-2.jpg
353KB, 700x1038px
>Most recent arrival

Nabler Guy from Supanova, and also picked up an AP Sangreal to have as a desk buddy while I was there.
>>
>>4255586
How are you liking the mold? I love the new arms, but personally I think the new feet are too large.

Also, take a picture of him glowing for us!
>>
File: zomb.jpg (79KB, 640x640px)
zomb.jpg
79KB, 640x640px
>My most recent arrival
I can't stand the look of the boiler suits so I found other clothes. This is before weathering
>>
File: D5190012.jpg (831KB, 1080x1620px)
D5190012.jpg
831KB, 1080x1620px
>>4255930
I only have a 1/12 of the regular dropcloth mold so I can't really compare it against the first version, but I do really like this one. Bicep swivels are crazy loose, that's my only real complaint. The glow is weak but looks pretty sweet with longer exposures. Didn't realize the ? was GID paint too. Neat but it's not the same color as the vinyl in the dark but no big deal.
>>
File: $_12.jpg (31KB, 276x432px)
$_12.jpg
31KB, 276x432px
whats a good weathering powder for replicating threea a paint technique.

inb4:someone gives a retarded response like shit or whatever. no one thinks your funny.
>>
>>4256227
They don't use weathering powders at all, at least not on the plastics. They use a combination of washes and sponging. Which, if you're not familiar with the technique, is using various sizes and types of sponges to apply paint in a randomized pattern that looks like rust. Look for sea sponges at your local art/craft stores, those tend to work well.
>>
>>4255958
Thats awesome. I've been considering getting some GID figures myself, someone on KR has their GID Dead Easy Corps set for pretty cheap, might get it.
>>
>>4255658
Nothing yet man, if it doesn't show up on the blog, we'll probably see something at SDCC.

Still waiting for Dredd.
>>
File: 20140628_231922.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px)
20140628_231922.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
Did anyone else receive their DAG recently?
>>
Figured I'd put this here instead of the bst as I'm selling a couple 3A things.

WWRp nom commanders set calginosity (black) - 125
APTK Kiba no bothead- 115
Both are otherwise complete with box
Will trade >>4250650
for a emgy or peace day Dropcloth 1.5
>>
>>4256498
Don't know how that backlink got in there, huh...
>>
>>4255586
>>4255930
>>4255958

Nice! I've heard some users complain that the hip and shoulder joints were fragile. Is there any paint-sticking on the GID version, or are all the ball joints and sockets basically paint-free?
>>
>>4256498
Both sold
>>
>>4256596
No sticking issues that I've noticed. Hip joints are paint free, shoulders are white but I'd bet the socket is unpainted. Everything not white is paint free.
>>
File: 1404094511353.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px)
1404094511353.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
My most recent purchase. I love them so. sorry for the cell phone pic.
>>
>>4257175
The entire 1/12 finger gang? Impressive, who is your favorite? Also does anyone own the whole gang in 1/6?
>>
I like King Thumb most of all. I'm also partial to #1 and 2.
>>
>>4257204
Are you the guy who was looking for thumb a few threads ago? How much did the set cost you?
>>
Yep! I'm the guy. someone said I'd have to get the whole set and so I did! 450.00 later...
>>
>>4257233
Not bad, comes out to about $40 a figure.
>>
File: 3.jpg (577KB, 750x1125px)
3.jpg
577KB, 750x1125px
So they announce the Microman launch, get more interest than they planned on so they delay it indefinitely, and instead decide to throw these up in the mean time. Sure. Why not.
>>
>>4257485

Aw fuck they're a set. I love my Iron Panda Dropcloth but only because it has that great orangey rust and off-white coloring. The start white and black doesn't do it for me. I was just gonna grab the Crab.

Still, the best thing about 3A is how you can sell everything and make your money back no problem.
>>
>>4257498

At least I hope they're a set. $80 apiece and I'm so out.
>>
>>4257513
>100% ABS
>LED eyes

Pretty sure they are 80 a piece, actually the blog g=confirms it. These are also much larger than either of the previous squares. While still expensive I would not have expected them to be less than 60 a piece.
>>
>>4257908
>>4257513

Not being 3AA is suffering.
>>
>>4258080
Yeah, wasn't keen on Lass when it was announced so I skipped it. Didn't realize I'd be wanting that 15% off so badly. Would've sprung for the WWRp JEA set if I had 3AA because it was an amazing deal.
>>
These new squares are badass, usually stick to 1/12 but these will make for great robot baddies. Gonna pick up at least 1.
>>
>>4258245
I like them too, think I'll wait for an EMGY or BcELL one though
>>
>>4257498
Yeah, I know what you mean. The straight up black and white, especially with the shape of the patterns on the face, reminds me of a cow.

Also, the price isn't that shocking considering Mk.2 squares were $50 shipped, these are much bigger and more complicated, and have a light-up feature.
>>
Just got this badass shipped, hasn't arrived yet though. Now I need an EMGY Grunt to go with him but they seem very difficult to find for a reasonable price.
>>
File: 1.5.jpg (237KB, 427x640px)
1.5.jpg
237KB, 427x640px
>>4260828
forgot pic like a retard
>>
>>4260828
I love how everyone needs a grunt and always places grunts in command. You're discriminating against bots. Grunts are the cheapest, lowest grade, and easiest to equip and train in any army. They are not these badass ultimate squad leaders like everyone wants them to be! Oh but they're human I need a human figure to relate to I need a self insert grunt hero for my armies!
>>
>>4260902
You don't get it, I want to have a grunt to be a grunt. A faceless mook with a gasmask. Just another part of the army.
>>
>>4260828
EMGY Grunt is hard to find for a reasonable price because he was a secret drop, so there are relatively few in the wild.

Also, good score on the Droppie 1.5. I love mine, it's just as solid as the original DC but with some nice additions to the articulation. The EMGY 1.5 also has a TON of accessories, which is always nice.
>>
>>4261286
I just like the proportions better on the 1.5s, they appeal to me more than the classic droppies. Everyone keeps raving about the classic though, I almost feel like I should have gone for one of him instead.
>>
>>4261286
Also I found a grunt for 280 shipped, like new. Thinking of jumping on it. IDK I just spent nearly that much on General Showa but i did just sell a bunch of things... Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
Looks like a drop tonight.....Adventure Kartel Shadow Merde pre-made first batch is up now on www.bambalandstore.com for 135USD shipped , first come - first served.
>>
>>4261923
Just saw it, sold out already. Apparently a US friendly second batch is coming later today though.
>>
Shit Mission is up on bamba again. Been up for ~30 mins.
>>
>>4262158
Bleh, I'll just track down cold. Shadow mode isn't exactly my thing...
>>
>>4262158
>>4262003
>>4261923

I got into 3A last year and was excited to finally score a bunch of new 2014 robots at original prices but so far there's been jack shit.
>>
>>4262171
Well, the biggest robot line is of course WWR, and that's sort of on semi-hiatus right now as WWR has ended and they are gearing up for WWR EVOL. This year we should also see the first World's Best Robots release.

You should probably also keep an eye on ThreeZero, as a large percentage of their current and upcoming releases are robots of one sort or another.
>>
>>4262171
>>
>>4262171
Did you get the JEA MIM, square 8 pack, graveyard shift berties or the Rothchild+Caesar set? WWR bots seems to have taken the backburner to other projects but we've still seen quite a few this year. With EVOL I'm hoping we might see even more but you never know. We have EVOL square coming in a few days and supposedly a 1.5 dropcloth retail wave.
>>
>>4262185
Only WWRp is on hiatus according to Ash, we've had quite a few 1/6 drops this year.
>>
>>4262193
>>4262191

I did get the Squares, and a Wonka! So that was cool You're right about the MiM set, but JEA is my least favorite colorway. The Iron Panda set will be nice but I know it probably won't match my Dropcloth.

>>supposedly a 1.5 dropcloth retail wave

Yeah I want to see a big release with lots of colors to choose from.
>>
Last batch of merde just sold out.
>>
Did the Dead Easy Corp ever ship? I can't seem to find any photos of them on the forum and nobody is selling them in the usual places. I kinda want them for some reason...
>>
>concept
confirmed for unauthorized and never for sale products
>>
>>4263663
Has that been confirmed? I was really hoping they would be releases.

If ash wants star wars license this isnt the right way to go about it. Hes seeing these other companies get the rights and is just waving heyyy look at me guise i matter! I can make star wars too! Amd creates a proto hoping they notice and then have disney bow down to him. Yes mr wood please use superior 3A toys to make our star wars stuff!

I guess trying to acquire licensing rights the normal way isnt very "punk rock" but thats how normal companies do it. It just ends up being a giant cock tease twice now. Also probably ruin any goodwill disney would have for him in the future by going about it like this.

Fuck you ash you bogan cunt
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 306x306px)
image.jpg
31KB, 306x306px
>>4263704
Also he did this. Posted it around the same time as the star warrior TK was revealed. This is the slated bamba exclusive version of Kozo TK. Pretty clearly an xwing pilot inspired homage. Hopefully it isnt blocked. But again this isnt really the right way to go about acquiring rights by stealthily ripping off.
>>
>>4263713
This is a pretty tame reference compared to the Stormtrooper TK. Also, looks good, I'd buy it.
>>
I am still a little suspicious that we haven't seen any String Divers in action poses. I suspect the suit may limit poseability quite a bit. But on the upside, the new photos do show that it's not neoprene, it looks like a fine woven mesh of some sort so it should have some give to it.

The clear one, on the other hand, is looking AMAZING. As soon as I saw it it screamed Microman to me. I might have to snag this one, if nothing else...
>>
>>4263713
While perhaps X wing inspired, no way it gets blocked. This is the first TK I would actually buy, outfit is awesome assuming it's not wearing fucking shorts.
>>
>>4264097
I'm sure they are very posable even in the outfit. The real question is the longevity of the outfit itself.. it reminds me of the cloth and fabric paint/sticker/whatever the white detailing is on the Medicom Marvel figures like Venom, Sym Spidey, Wolverine, etc. Those figures looked fantastic but the suit would fray and the white stuff peel and crack over time. Granted I know nothing is forever, but I posed that pretty minimally.. everything I have 3a has held up so far though, so we'll see!
>>
File: 3A booth.jpg (55KB, 640x640px)
3A booth.jpg
55KB, 640x640px
>>4264110
>hating on TK shorts
Someone's going to be dissapointed
>>
>>4264113
And I actually bothered to just look at the photos this time and can say that we should be fine, upon closer inspection the white is all cloth(except perhaps for the M) and the cuffs are all hemmed. I should have trusted 3a, sure, they're slow as fuck and the ordering/waiting is pretty lame, but when shit does come out it's awesome.
>>
>>4263663
>concept
I'm pretty sure this means concept as in not canon in the popbot universe. Anyways the Stormtrooper helmet design is public domain in the UK. I am sure these are planned for sale.
>>
>>4264097
I guess they were delayed so they could make a clear one. Sale date is on the 4th now
>>
>>4264110
>>4264114
Dude, it's fucking 1/6. If you don't like a component of a costume it's wonderfully easy to just remove and replace it with something you do like. Some suggestions include pants from Bleak, Merde, JC, any of the Heavy TKs, etc. Or heck, you don't even need to be limited to ThreeA. There's a whole world of 1/6 pants out there. Just give em a little dusting of paint and weathering powder, they'll fit right in with the other garments.
>>
>>4264114
GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!!! Someone make me some cloth boot covers.
>>
>>4264114
So happy I took the plunge on Kozo, he turned out fucking ace.
>>
>>4264097
Was the String Diver price ever announced? I haven't been keeping up.
>>
>>4264137
$75 a pop plus shipping
>>
>>4264119
>>4264097
>>4264113

Man, it's hard to choose just one! All those solid colors look so great together.

But I don't really need $200+ in Microman guys either...and now there's a clear one.
>>
>>4264138
False, this was never said. Last we heard they were $45 a piece.
>>
>>4264141
>>4264128
Clear one is retail only. It won't be up for sale on Bamba tonight.
>>
>>4264130
Just buy a pair of 3A's cloth boots
>>
>>4264154
They still are. $45.
>>
>>4264164
then >>4264138 is a retard.
>>
>>4264159

I guess since the orange is listed as an exclusive, then I could just order that and wait for the rest to hit another store after we see how they come out?

They haven't really said much about the retail release of these and I don't see preorders at my usual places.
>>
>>4264168
That's what I'm doing - getting Orange tonight, then waiting on the rest. Between Shadow Merde yesterday, this, and 4Square next week, I'm a bit tapped out.
>>
>>4264172
I think I'll be skipping this drop, I have no attachment/nostalgia for micronauts and I don't like these as much as TKs/WWR/etc.
>>
>>4264159
>Clear one is retail only. It won't be up for sale on Bamba tonight.
According to what and/or who?
>>
>>4264483
Gimbat, on the forums. He asked Ash.
>>
>>4264531
Well, balls.
>>
>>4264483
From their Facebook:

"Inspired by the original 'Microman' Japanese toy line from the 1970's and re-imagined by artist and 3A co-founder Ashley Wood, each figure stands approximately 6-inches tall.

This particular version is retail only."
>>
>>4264551
From the blog, they're going to offer them in a pack, and in singles.

Chrome heads.

Wish he'd sell a regular Merde mission at retail or something, don't want to play the waiting game for him, and I hate the shadow repaint.
>>
>>4264557
The blog doesn't say anything about a set.
>>
>>4264531
I'm loling at the butthurt on the 3A forums over clear being retail only. These bitches will F5 all day hoping to get a black redeco of a figure they already have, and yet will whine because it's too hard for them to place an order with BBTS or whatever other of the multitude of stores that will have these for sale.
>>
>>4264551
Double balls.
>>
>>4264627
Because they cant use their 3AA discount and the clear version is clearly best microman
>>
>>4264814
>Because they cant use their 3AA discount
Ah, that makes sense now. Sell a secret klub membership with 15% discount built in, then make a sweet toy and refuse to sell it where the discount can be used. Dick move mr. wood. Dick move indeed.
>>
>>4264873
any whiny entitlement babby on the forum bought 3AA knowing full well there are things that end up as retail only every single year. They're just stupid cunts.
>>
Just got SD00 and SD04
>>
Apparently it's an Asia only license for retail, so keep an eye on your favorite chingchong store for the clear guy.
>>
>>4265224
Yeah, HLJ tends to carry 3A retail. I'm sure you'll be able to get him there
>>
>>4265204
Am I the only one who bought some of the Micromen?
>>
>>4265418
Possibly? The F5 bar is moving at the now standard licensed-figure-snail's-pace, too. I think these only really appeal to a small part of the usual 3A audience, but those who like them really really like them.

They look fine and fun but I have no nostalgia for microman or any desire to own them myself.
>>
>>4265418
Really tempted by Dante....makes me wish 3A made some Devil may cry merchandise.
>>
Anybody remember when Lasstraunaut came out? I'm waiting on her, still don't know if I'm going to sell her off, but I'm keeping the shirt and art stuff, probably.
>>
According to the microman lookbook 3A are going to be doing Reservoir Dogs figures.

Would not have picked that to happen in a million years.
>>
>>4265451
Shoot me an email if you're interested in selling her.
>>
>>4265418
I bought Orange Marcus. I'll wait to get clear and maybe blue when they show up at retail - hopefully HLJ.
>>
>>4265480
I misread that as Dors figure.

Not sure how they're gonna do these guys, but they could be cool which ever way they plan to go. Could be realistic, could be stylized, should be nice either way.
>>4265494
We'll see, I'm probably going to try and get my cash back on the figure, if not I have a jointed body I can use.
>>
>>4265418
I was considering it, but when it turned out the clear one was a regional retail exclusive my interest dropped substantially. I'll wait for them to ship and pick a blue one up from kidrobot if the remaining urge hasnt' faded completely. Might grab the clear one if it turns up on Amiami or HLJ.
>>
>>4265627
I don't think Amiami sells ThreeA stuff to foreigners.
>>
File: rzV1R5U.jpg (93KB, 640x640px)
rzV1R5U.jpg
93KB, 640x640px
So I found this trying to find more pics of handsome Wu.

I found this, apparently, he showed up and some Asian con at some point, looking even more handsome. Really glad I got him for 105$ shipped. Going to buy him some desert grunt pants, and also sell that panda suit.

Can't wait till'...when did they he'd ship? fourth quarter? I expect delays, but it won't be as long for this guy.
>>
>>4265608
Shit, that woman is... wow, just yes. Very yes.

I've seen pictures of her before, but that one's just amazing.

On topic: I have no ThreeA stuff. But it sure looks awesome! I like those barrel-shaped robots.
>>
>>4265877
>>4265608
Dors Feline figure; now with removable breast and zero post-surgery sex appeal action.
>>
>>4265877
>I just popped by to say that's sexy and I like your robots.
Sure pal, you oughta just buy some figures. They are quite fine, but the 1/6th stuff is finer. Unless you want bots, 1/6th bots are really cumbersome and hard to move when they are bigger than 1" tall.
>>4265971
Don't remind me, such a shame, she did a complete 180 then cut her breasts off, then she tried to go back into show business. It don't work that way lady.

Pretty sure she could've worked out her back and got the same effect with health benifits but whatever. I would've bought a 3A figure of her old punk rock giant tit self. Not much bigger than their regular stuff anyway. I want to draw how that might've looked.

Damn you anonymous poster.
>>
>>4265635
They used to before they split it into .com and .jp sites. They still have a link for ThreeA on the English site but it gives no results. The Japanese site has all kinds.
>>
>>4265308
>HLJ
YESSSSSSS

More to add to my Private Warehouse.
>>
Anyone want to part out a TK heavy 1/12th with me? I'm after the pants and the belt/pouches. Not after anything else. Let me know folks.
>>
Are the 1/6th TK Yellow Hornets rare? What do they go for? I cant even find a review online that isnt the 1/12 AP TK set.
>>
>>4269245
No, they're not really rare. Neither them, the TKYOs, or the Interyos really got rare. A lot of those sets were getting parted out for really cheap a while back in fact ($60-80 per figure). Not sure what the current market value is but I can't imagine it's risen much.

As far as a review, well...they're quite similar to the 1/12s with a few small differences. The bodies are of course the same ol' Hot Toys TrueType, with all the articulation you'd expect. The clothes are pretty much the same as well. The shoes are different--the APs have the standard OG TK shoes, but the 1/6 versions have the new stitched faux leather shoes from the KDA TKs. 1/6 gloves are black, as opposed to the brown ones on the APs. And lastly, the 1/6s all have unique headsculpts, whereas the APs all have the same head in different colors.

tl;dr: they're pretty much standard TKs. No real big surprises or pitfalls here.
>>
>>4269245
TKYO sets go for fuck all since the market is absolutely flooded with them. Throw a stone and you'll hit a for sale post.

A quick scroll through the facebook BST and I found someone selling all 4 TKYO variants: $160 for the TKYO and YH sets, $185 for Interyo and $195 for the DIYs.

Even if they are just basic tracksuit dudes, at $40-50 each they are pretty awesome bang-for-buck TKs at those prices, and a nicely posed set of TKYOs looks great.
>>
>>4269342
This, and for a few dollars more you can dress one up like Clint Eastwood.
>>
So I can score a heavy TK for about 55$ shipped.
Anyone want to buy some parts from it? He's got a rocket launcher a backpack and some pouches, you can use em to make your grunts more unique. Or you can make some crazy TK. Only want the pants, maybe some other small bits. Hit me up if you're interested,
>>
>>4269342
I just got the Yellow Hornet TK set for $176 shipped off ebay. Whats this BST facebook youre talking about?

>>4269350
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>4269476
Sure. Buy a cheapo TKYO 1/6th, buy some parts that are close for the same price as one of the figures. Sell the clothing you won't use to recoup losses, and viola, you've got a new figure for an okay price. Only thing that'll be hard to get will be the poncho.

Plenty of 1/6th bits for good prices all around on the kidrobot bst and ebay.
>>
>>4269476
It's a super secret facebook club so you won't find it by searching. Join the general 'ThreeA Legion' group and PM a dude who goes by the name 'Gaijin TK Oyabun' asking to be added to the BST group.
>>
>>4269245
http://luvlifetoys.blogspot.sg/2013/09/threea-popbot-tkyo-interyo-diys.html
here is a good review of the 1/6 set.
>>
>>4269793
Thanks for the link to the review dude!

>>4269792
I messaged him earlier this morning. Hopefully I get let in.
>>
File: allgroup1.jpg (1MB, 2000x1339px)
allgroup1.jpg
1MB, 2000x1339px
I just saw these on the form. Can some one explain to me what they are and if there is any chance of me ever obtaining them.
>>
Confirmed
>>
>>4271236
If they're 1/6th? No chance, though you can make them easily if you really wanted to, or commision someone on kidrobot to do it as well.

If you want the 1/12th, you can get them as a two pack I believe, but they're a bit more dirty, so they won't look like the t shirt guys if you want that clean look.
>>
>>4271239
thats actually really fucking sexy and I want all of those

and I absolutelu hate TK shit.
>>
>>4271239
Holy fuck, who would buy this garbage??
>>
>>4271252
I'm willing to bet you only hate them because of the headsulpts. The newer heads look less autistic, hopefully, they'll make one's close to the art.
>>
Shots of SDCC Pascha clear in box on blog.

Also, did you see this? It has a damnded gasoline hatch like a car!+
>>
>>4271260
you'd bet wrong, I think it's a dumb fucking series

everything but Blind Cowboy, and to be honest I think he's wasted potential in such a terrible line anyway.
>>
>>4271266
Isn't that for the battery?
>>
>>4271270
You mean you only buy toys because of the story? I just go by if they look cool or not, and I think the TKs can look pretty cool sometimes, but the headsculpts usually are dumb.
>>4271278
Probably, but it's got sculpt functionality, which I think is a neat touch.
>>
>>4271290
Not story, context. I don't buy something strictly because it looks neat - I like to know what the character is and why I should give a fuck about them; looks come after that.
>>
>>4271330
>I like to know what the character is and why I should give a fuck about them; looks come after that.
I get ya, but that's killin' half the fun of toys, and narrowing horizons, at least for me.

I'm an aesthetics guy, if it looks good, I want it. If it almost looks good, and I can make it what I want, I'll do that too. If it's got a cool story, and looks like shite, I won't touch it.

Truth be told, Most of Ash's story is....terrible. he's got ideas, but he lacks the tongue with which to speak them freely. So it comes off as crude, and hard to sit through. The tagline's "the adventure continues with you!" so for the most part, the backstory of these guys is free to be interpreted by you. So if you want a cool backstory...you could make one yourself! Me? I can't get around the doofy heads!

The blackhole trooper tk guy interests me a bit, might pich him up, and part him out. Who knows?
>>
>>4271330
Your image is AP, I'm gonna need to see the 1/6 size
>>
>>4271266
>File: static.squarespace.jpg
So how exclusive is this, how much, and when/where can i get it? SDCC, but where/when?
>>
>>4271445
IT's up now I think. 80$ a pop? Light up eyes.

If you can't get it, and really want it, they'll be around on kidrobot early next year.
>>
>>4271445
Nevermind, they're going up in september.
9/7/14 BAMBALAND ONLY 80 USD PER SQUARE

Hope you remember friend.
>>
>>4271471
That's 9th July. They're going up this week.
>>
>>4271478
Oh, my mistake, I forgot the go by day/month/year.

I will never get why america doesn't do that, but oh well.
>>
>>4271266
First drop I've been really excited for in a long time. And fortunately I have the day off to make sure I get one early
>>
>>4271239
"Concept"
"See At ..."

For show only, not for sale.
>>
>>4271614
I might wait to see what kind of secret drops there are for this sale as neither of these colorways really do it for me. Maybe EMGY or a NW+DW pack, both of those colorways are usually reserved for secret drops/chases it seems
>>
>>4271953
Don't they usually announce one right at the time of release and then also have a secret one?

Also, is the drop Hong Kong time? So if I'm in California, it would be the evening of the 8th?
>>
>>4272488
>Also, is the drop Hong Kong time? So if I'm in California, it would be the evening of the 8th?

Yes, HK time. So in California, it's probably 15 hrs. earlier.
>>
IDW SDCC Paschaborg presale sold out.
>>
4square is up now $80 a pop
>>
>>4275219
At $68 shipped for 3AA these seem like a decent deal having seen them in person. I'm not huge on WWR but I'm tossing up getting the Panda version.
>>
>>4275219

Ordered mine. Anyone seen any secret drops? I know a lot of the early images said "Wave 1" or something like that, so I wonder if we'll see more in the future. I wish my collection could be 100% EMGY.
>>
>>4275720
Im looking out for one, an emgy or a nw/dw would be great i do find it dissapointing its only 2 colorways, and they arent even very popular color ways. This is a drop i really want to buy too.

Also found this. God i hope its released and isnt some huge cocktease
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 571x640px)
image.jpg
64KB, 571x640px
>>4275745
Forgot pic. I need this
>>
>>4275745
Iron Panda is relatively popular amongst the right set. Krab Labs is an all-new colorway (though it slightly resembles Bromwich).
>>
No secrets thus far, and no 3AA anything this time either.
>>
>>4275745
>>4275748
Also re: the TK Trooper, I'm feeling kind of indifferent even though I'm a huge Stormtrooper fan. It just looks kind of like a halfassed kitbash. I would have preferred to see Ash's take on the entire Trooper armor suit. But I guess that would have been treading too close to the danger zone, it seems like they're skirting it as is with this release.
>>
>>4275748
Is that the droid hes looking for?
>>
>>4275756
So far I'm not even convinced this is going to see a real release, what either being called a 'concept' figure.

Unless Ash's plan is to try and use it to open the door for some weird urban interpretation Star Wars toy line I think this will pop up at shows and that's about it.
>>
>>4275760
What with it, not either. Fucking phone.
>>
>>4275760
Personally, I think it's being shown off a bit too much to not be a real release. I'm of the camp that believes the "Concept" label refers to it being a conceptual design that's just for fun, as opposed to a TK meant to actually exist in the Popbot universe.

Also, I could see it being a UK exclusive maybe. The Stormtrooper armor design is considered to be public domain over there.
>>
>>4275750
>from the f5 bar and grill
Guy on facebook just posted "No surprises. Confirmed by Ash via email, guys:

"nope just these too, gotta keep it lean"

Sleep easy.

Welp guess im going to bed then

Oh looks like that whole 3AA exclusive thing for every big release is now just an afterthought and a carrot on a stick to buy 3AA.

I would have bought something secret or exclusive if it was just a sketch.

>>4275749
Its popular but not nearly as much as others. It doesnt even have most/all bot models in the colorway. I wonder if it could pass for NW. Theres nothing super iron panda about it as far as i can tell
>>
Some dude on Kidrobot is selling Harolds for shit prices, but hey he has lots of em at least. I wonder how many sets Ash wound up selling with the $4000 price tag. Can't believe anyone would be dumb enough to pay the non 3AA price, but $3400 is still pretty ridiculous even if it was 30 bots. This guy's trying to double his money. More power to him.
>>
>>4275767
I dunno, I mean it's a new mold and all, but I wouldn't exactly call two squares a "big release."

>>4275768
That might actually be current market rate...Harolds are pretty rare as I understand it, very few people sold theirs after they shipped. I was dumb and figured there would be a healthy aftermarket for them, so I skipped the drop. And now I feel there's very little chance of getting the ones I want for non-rape prices.
>>
>>4275768
>175 for a 1:12.
Ouch.
Worst part is a 1:12 is the only one that would fit in my shelf even though I collect 1:6.
Guess im never getting a harold
>>
>>4275767
One side of it has DEAD EYES OPEN on it. That's pretty damn Iron Panda right there.
>>
>>4275793
A boo. Thanks didnt see it in the pics
>>
>>4275803
I'm considering grabbing him and finding an IP Dropcloth for him to hang with. I think they'd look pretty neat together.
>>
>>4275807
There's an IP Droppie on KR now for $130, not bad at all. It's actually my favorite of the 1/6 Dropcloths.
>>
>>4275779
This. Since they were sold in sets I thought for sure people would be splitting them up. And it would be no problem finding one. Now I regret it, especially now that I found out back in january when they were shipping you could email CS and grab a set np. Oh well.

Even though its not a huge mark up and its rare to eat the late comers tax, 175 is hard to swallow for a wwrp. Almost makes the 1/6 worth it, more bang for the buck but I would have no where to put it and would just end up sitting in the box lol. Thats my dilema
>>
>>4275827
That's what stops me having a 1/6 WWR collection. Every time I think about how if like one if each kind of bot I remember how fuckhuge anything that isn't a square or a droppie is and give up on my dream. I guess I could settle for a portable collection but it's not the same.
>>
>>4275827
>Even though its not a huge mark up
Double the price isn't a huge markup?
>>
>>4275845
Its not quite double. I think you are exagerating. They were 300$ per set or 255 with 3AA. 450$ is still too much though. 400$ per set would still make a lot of money for middlemanning but not be outrageous. I wonder if he plans charging pp fees lol. Of course he will
>>
>>4275851
The superset was $4000 retail. 3AA gets 15% off. That's $3400 with the discount. Everyone got free shipping. It came with 30 bots: a 1/12 and 1/6 for 15 colorways. Dude on KR listed all of them.

That works out to $267 retail per set, $227 with 3AA.

Now, I'm going to ignore the square-cube law (doubling the linear dimensions of a three dimensional object [the scale of these toys] more than doubles the volume, meaning it takes more than twice the material to construct it, so the big ones should be more than twice the price of the smaller ones) just to make it easier. 1/3rd of the set price for the small ones, 2/3rd for the big ones.

That's still only $89 for the little guys, $178 for the bigguns - if you paid full price. $76 and $151 if you had the 3AA discount.

I'm not saying the guy shouldn't get anything extra for dealing with it all, ordering it to begin with and then splitting it up, but he has set out to double his money at minimum.

Still, beats eBay, and no one else is selling them, so he could tack on another hundred per bot and that would beat the current market price. S/H extra, +4% or pay by gift of course.

Wood really reigned in the supply on these by only offering all the variations in that set. I don't imagine they made more than a couple hundred orders at best, and that's probably optimistic. The only upside is they're not all that interesting, so I have no urge to hunt one down. I'd pick one up if it were reasonably priced, but that won't happen.
>>
>>4275869
OK yeah, he's not doubling it on the 1/6 bots at all. So I take it back. Still out to make some nice coin if he manages to sell them at those prices.
>>
>>4275836
I have a Droppie, them and grunts are a reasonable size. That's why Ash needs to get his ass in gear on making Bertie mk2s in 1/6 it's been how many years since he promised those?
>>
>>4276020
Though I do want the TK hunter, possibly because of it's absurd size.
>>
Back to faggot's personal anti-trip campaign hooray.

So did anyone here end up buying a 4Square? I didn't bother in the end, and the reception to them overall seemed pretty tepid. Not the most compelling colourways I suppose, especially Krab Labs.
>>
>>4277387

I would've bought a Krab for $68, but no 3AA so at $80 it was just too much for me to care...
>>
>>4277387
I ended up getting the Iron Panda because it's basically the only faction I collect.
>>
>>4277847
Iron panda worst girl, iron panda a shit
>>
>>4277849
When I first started looking up ThreeA, I saw some picture of a large martin with some nice lighting and the DEAD EYES OPEN intrigued me
>>
That red square is really cool. I'd love these guys if they didn't have the weird faces, even still, it's still looking pretty good.
>>
>>4278053
But the faces are the appeal of squares
>>
>>4278068
That'swhy I hate them, but the spider legs and the gas cap are what's really appealing here.
>>
>>4278083
part swap it with something else, ashley would be proud
>>
File: mmmmnurse.jpg (317KB, 1000x419px)
mmmmnurse.jpg
317KB, 1000x419px
New banner up on bamba, I think we can all guess what the next drop will be.
>>
>>4278604
We already have a medic grunt.
>>
File: dennischauACG15.jpg (80KB, 960x720px)
dennischauACG15.jpg
80KB, 960x720px
>>4278083

The whole point of the faces is that they are supposed to be a derpy attempt to be "cute" just like all those creepy photos you see from the 1950s. According to the fiction, they're also supposed to have really annoying robotic childrens' voices to relay strategic infromation.
>>
>>4278604
What if they have those dopey zomb headsculpts?
>>
>>4279034
They likely will. Im hoping theyre something akin to silent hill nurses
>>
>missed the Squares

Goddammit.
>>
>>4279094
They were only wave 1, I'd say we have a good shot at getting some more colorways in the future.
>>4279034
I like the zomb headsculpts, they have personality. More fun than your generic decaying human type. I expect them to be sexy though, Ash seems incapable of making non-sexy female figures.
>>
>>4279153
>I expect them to be sexy though, Ash seems incapable of making non-sexy female figures.
Opinions. Most normal well developed people dont find toys sexy. His barbies and queens blade figures appeal to the lowest common denomonator.
>>
Can anyone do me a favor and check the skin color of the 1/12 Heavy TKs and see if it matches well enough with any other random 1/12 bodies? I've had issues in the past with kitbashing parts that have different levels of paleness
>>
>>4278639
So what your saying is he ripped off Ghost In The Shell as well as Gundam when writing the story behind WWR?

Thank god I only like the designs of these bots and not his actual writing, I'm OK with people borrowing from other sources but his writing both in inspiration as well as execution is worse than some fan fiction I've had the misfortune of reading.
>>
File: Not Sure if Troll.jpg (112KB, 604x453px)
Not Sure if Troll.jpg
112KB, 604x453px
>>4279748

>So what your saying is he ripped off Ghost In The Shell as well as Gundam when writing the story behind WWR

Wut. There's some small robotic thing with some commonalities to small robotic things in other franchises and you dismiss the whole shebang as plagiarism?

The background fiction isn't meant to be a fucking literary masterpiece either. It's just fluff explaining why there's clanky-can robots fighting WWI between Mars and Earth (Oh! war between Mars and Earth? That's been done other places. Plagiarism!) and act as commentary for the original oil paintings.
>>
>>4279538
Sorry, I meant "sexy" as in the general proportions and style he uses for his figures, not that I find them attractive. I couldn't think of a different word that would relay my point better.
>>
>>4279748
Fun fact, WWR existed before Stand alone complex, the firtst GiTS media to have tachikomas as we know them now. Also there is hardly a story, it's just a book of paintings with a few paragraphs here or there, some field reports, some letters etc.
>>
>>4279153
Yeah but I really liked both those colors. The red one was exactly the colorscheme I want in my bots.

Well, hopefully he'll do a Daywatch/Nightwatch like anon said above. I'd get that.
>>
I picked up this bad boy for cheap.
Really impressed, way bigger than I thought he would be, biggest fig I have by far.
I expect Master Chief to be fucking awesome (WHEN?)
>>
File: REGGIEBJ.png (836KB, 1200x800px)
REGGIEBJ.png
836KB, 1200x800px
>>4255509
>>
>>4279964
How cheap? I want to bully my dealer down to the right number
>>
File: bertieidw02.jpg (67KB, 533x800px)
bertieidw02.jpg
67KB, 533x800px
>>4271350
>Most of Ash's story is....terrible.
Hit the nail on the head, and that's why the last 3A purchase I made was two MG-Rexs. The comic he put out featuring Berties vs Zombies was not by any stretch terrible, and it really made me appreciate a named character (pic related) but fuck me, the guy just has no interest in carrying on an interesting plot longer than a few pages.

>>4271351
Also for you
>>
If I make a custom out of non 3A parts and post it on the 3A forums, would they like it?
>>
>>4280008
Not him but the lowest I've ever seen it was 100
>>
>>4280019
I have never posted there before, but knowing their history I would say you might be slapped with a cease&desist at worst or just berated at best.
>>
>>4280016
Man, the pre-3A berties look really odd to me for some reason. Also if you're the kind of person who needs to be attached to related media to buy a toy then 3A is not the company for you. As far as most people are concerned the toys ARE the main media.
>>
>>4280025
>C&D for making a custom figure
No, people there do it all the time. If you mean that the custom in question doesn't have any 3A parts I don't see why you'd post it there anyways.
>>
>>4280016
>The comic he put out featuring Berties vs Zombies was not by any stretch terrible

That's because it wasn't written by Ash, only drawn by him. It was written by Chris Ryall. I think the ideas were Ash's, but the actual script was Ryall's.

When left up to Ash alone, story takes a big backseat to his art. But, really, the fiction for 3A is really just extra. 3A is a toy company. Judging 3A by the fiction is like judging Hasbro by the bio's on the back of Transformer boxes.
>>
>>4280031
For wanting it to live up to the 3A esthetic
>>
File: dirtydozenorso.jpg (127KB, 1024x1014px)
dirtydozenorso.jpg
127KB, 1024x1014px
>>4280026
Well it's like I said, looks alone don't do jack squat for me. If you can give me some kind of context of what his role is in the universe, even an excerpt on the back like a transformer or something, I can then find appreciation for the concept.

His WWR stuff was absolutely fine for the longest time, there were specific factions that had some fluff - like the Dirty Deeds squadron for instance. These guys are dripping with character for being a bunch of massproduced robutts.

I just feel like he's completely lost steam with some of his products.. Now don't really give a crap about the line because he hasn't done anything to advance the "story" or broaden the narrative of what already exists.
>>
>>4280041
Stop caring about a non existent story then, the toys are as good as ever. Ash himself even says we should come up with our own story.
>>
File: familyphototime.png (1MB, 893x1223px)
familyphototime.png
1MB, 893x1223px
>>4280037
hilarious how you referenced transformers boxes. I like bios, and individual characteristics for my collection - Never really wanted to armybuild clones of clones, but I know that's the direction the line has been steered.

Apart from a WWRp Commander, two MKIII Berts and a 1/6 GID DropCloth2.0, this is the lot I have - as it stands I could ditch most of them and not be remiss.
>>
>>4280041
>Now don't really give a crap about the line because he hasn't done anything to advance the "story" or broaden the narrative of what already exists.
>I just feel like he's completely lost steam with some of his products
>I don't find them interesting anymore because there isn't a coherent story to follow like mtmte or x-men
>>
i love WWR but cant stand the threea human designs. Seems they only release those now. So am i stuck to picking up aftermarket stuff & retail in asia once a year for actual robots?

i have 2 heavy brambles, popbot with cat, 2 large martins & a dutch merc bertie.
>>
>>4280050
It's easier for him to say that because he has no ambition to make a good product great. If I had that many damn irons in the fire, I'd probably dismiss a desire for more substance to my work as well.

And I have stopped caring for the most part by not collecting 3A anymore. It's a serious error in his strategy, because I know several people who have also stopped buying for similar reasons.
>>
>>4280054
Yes, I said those things, more or less. What is your point? Mine has already been made.

Are you really okay with handing your money out for something with no substance? I don't actually care if you do, I just said it's not how I roll.
>>
File: Bertie.jpg (55KB, 400x318px)
Bertie.jpg
55KB, 400x318px
>>4280026
>Man, the pre-3A berties look really odd to me for some reason
I kind of dig it. Their bodies are more squat and fat, which matches up with the look of the early paintings better. When the first 3A Berties came out, I thought they looked weirdly slim. I'm used to them now of course, but just sayin, there's a charm to those old fatties.

I actually like the footless look of those early Berties too, it has a neat hyper-cartoony look to it--this giant tin can balancing on toothpick legs. It's just a shame that those legs necessitate a stand for support.
>>
>>4279627
I'll be able to tell you as soon as I get mine in the mail. My guess is, probably not, but it shouldn't be too noticable depending on what you're doing.
>>
>>4280057
Guess so, at least until Evol picks up full-swing. World's Best Robots is starting up soon as well. And Ash has teased a new model of Popbot for later this year I believe.

On the upside, there's a HUGE back catalog of bots to shop for at this point. You don't even own one of each mold yet, get crackin son.
>>
>>4280065
I'm handing out money for a quality product with an awesome design done by an artist I am a huge fan of. And I wouldn't exactly call transformer's weekly toy commercial substance.
>>
>>4280059
>It's a serious error in his strategy
>I know a few people who stopped buying them

oh noes you guys, a few people stopped buying them! Oh wait, theres billions of chinamen ashely can easily exploit.
>>
>>4280075
Oh yeah, I love the old art for them but they just look so bizarre in toy form. That said I do wish they kept the toothpick legs.
>>
File: AKcrew1.jpg (355KB, 1200x885px)
AKcrew1.jpg
355KB, 1200x885px
Took a few photos of my collection tonight, so here's my 3A stuff.
>>
>>4280065
>Are you really okay with handing your money out for something with no substance?
The fuck are you talking about, just because every piece of merchandise doesn't have a story behind it it lacks substance? That's got to be one of the most retarded things I've ever heard.

I'd say you lack substance for having to depend on someone else's media to provide a story for you, rather than coming up with your own.
>>
File: akcrewstuffs.jpg (474KB, 1200x977px) Image search: [Google]
akcrewstuffs.jpg
474KB, 1200x977px
>>4280096
>>
>>4280085

Come on, man, you're acting really lame for no reason. If he wants more bite he wants more bite.
>>
File: paschas.jpg (393KB, 1200x1009px) Image search: [Google]
paschas.jpg
393KB, 1200x1009px
>>4280102
>>
File: IMG_5661_zpsf4266e45.jpg (119KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5661_zpsf4266e45.jpg
119KB, 768x1024px
>>4280065
I buy discounted toys all the time for being cheap, regardless of what its from.
>>
File: cabinet1.jpg (334KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
cabinet1.jpg
334KB, 1200x800px
>>4280109
And finally this clusterfuck. I need to buy more shelves.
>>
>>4280104
Should I buy more 3A toys to help improve make witty retorts like yourself, anon?
>>
>>4280101
I know you guys get really defensive when someone mentions any criticism what so ever, but holy shit you're blowing your top over nothing.
>>
File: itsallofusforcominghere.jpg (15KB, 327x344px) Image search: [Google]
itsallofusforcominghere.jpg
15KB, 327x344px
>>4280118

now you're just trying to backpeddle
>>
>>4280102
I dig your collection so far, pascha looks great too bad she's got FUCKING HIGH HEELS ON DAMN IT ASH
I'd have picked it up, if only that was fixed.

Like Cherry bomb, always wish I'd gotten her. Some dude made a sweet custom of her, and I missed out buying her by a day.
>>
File: 1405045288326.jpg (412KB, 1280x804px) Image search: [Google]
1405045288326.jpg
412KB, 1280x804px
>>4280114

Sounds fun
but also like a potential clusterfuck
>>
>>4280125
I'm too poor to afford 3A toys so I buy cheap toys and try to make my own.... Can't even post pics of them, don't have a camera...
>>
>>4280128
My empire of dirt....
>>
>>4280119
It's an insult to art.
Saying it lacks substance because it doesn't have a great, or any, story backing it up is ludicrous. Not when it's got work put into it anyway.

I don't like his stories too much either, I criticize them all the time. I just don't believe it's fair to claim they have no substance. Don't know why you assume I'm foaming at the mouth over here.
>>
>>4280136
>toys
>story

pick one
>>
>>4280115
>>4280109
>>4280102
>>4280096
Nice collection bro, you have some really desirable pieces in there!

Tommy red looks surprisingly great, I'm thinking about selling my Darklands Tommy to get that one instead. I have too many black/generally dark colored figs in my ThreeA collection, I think that splash of red from his shirt, shoes, and hand will look nice.
>>
>>4280080

> You don't even own one of each mold yet, get crackin son.

yeah this I know. i need a dropcloth & an armstrong. Is the caesar a different mould or a mod?
>>
>>4280104
lowhanging fruit, anon

>>4280130
It's okay, I've been NEET for 2 years and the only new toy I could afford was something I false-swiped at walmart
>>
>>4280126
The Cherry custom that was on KR not long ago? That was pretty cool. Though with that gone you should just pick up a standard one anyway, she's a really great figure.
>>
>>4280126
The heels are definitely here to stay thanks to Ash's foot fetish. I think every single 3A female has worn heels, wedges, pumps, etc. except for the very first Little Shadow, who had a pair of Chucks on (and even then, she came with spare heeled feet!)

>Like Cherry bomb, always wish I'd gotten her.
Never too late man, she's relatively cheap on the aftermarket.
>>
>>4280145
If I can find her again for 100$ I'll probably do it.
If not, I'll stick with Flakey.

Yeah, the one on the forums of kidrobot, it rubbed me the right way, especially the scarf made from her skirt.
>>
>>4280142
Cheers. For being pretty much the easiest version to get Tommy Red is surprisingly nice, but I slapped together a bat for him, he seemed like he needed a weapon.

A little bit of colour on black figures makes all the difference. That's why I like Char Foot so much, the orange sleeve and hands set it all off.
>>
File: upcoming1.jpg (850KB, 854x1200px) Image search: [Google]
upcoming1.jpg
850KB, 854x1200px
>>4280143
Caesars are a completely different mold.

Also, if you're willing to venture outside of WWR/Popbot, I would highly recommend the Mongrol. It's a really fun and expressive figure, probably one of my faves of all time from ThreeA (and this is coming from someone who has owned every bot mold).
>>
>>4280136
It's not an insult to art, it's an insult to the artist. Woody isn't that inventive, and that's OK because you still enjoy what's there but some people wont.

Are ya done? Can we get back on track?

When the hell are we going to see some BC badguys?
>>
File: buildinggunpla.jpg (393KB, 900x676px) Image search: [Google]
buildinggunpla.jpg
393KB, 900x676px
And here's a photo I took of Nabler Guy and Char Foot building gunpla because it seemed like a good idea idk
>>
>>4280159

yeah ive been tempted to get that since i love 2000ad. Im kinda worried if i do get comitted, the set wont ever get finished (hammerstien when?) ...im seriously considering the threea zaku & the threezero gundam though.

also threea rogue trooper ever?
>>
>>4280173
Oddly, this photo is really making me want to go buy that HG TurnA. Like, REALLY.
>>
>>4280178
Then I guess my work here is done!
>>
>>4280165
And I agree that some people won't like it. I just found it pretty insulting for no reason to say it lacks substance.

Don't know when BC's enemies are coming, he was saying they were all coming soon, but that was months ago.

Still like the ascended BC, too bad I wasn't able to snag one myself. Looks really cool.
>>
>>4280177
Hammerstein is currently being worked on according to a recent blog post! Portable version only for now though I think, so you may want to go for the AP Mongrol if you're jumping into the whole 2000AD thing.
>>
>>4280143
Caesars are badass, I recommend the portable version though, the 1/6 is almost too large
>>
>>4280178
Get the MG, the leg gimmick is awesome and it comes with a 1/100 cow
>>
>>4280182

i think i'll wait, i can get a 9 pack of dropcloths for the same price as mongrol right now, think i'll do that, keep 2, sell the rest then get the zaku with the profits.
>>
File: ash..ashley.jpg (24KB, 560x304px) Image search: [Google]
ash..ashley.jpg
24KB, 560x304px
>>4280181
>soon
>mfw

GOD LOVE IT, I need something to pose next to him and I couldn't afford the horse at the time... Really pulling for a Tuco-Tron or something
>>
>>4280199
Mandarake currently has the mongrol for 9k, how much are you getting the dropcloth set for though?
>>
>>4280207

yeah i know. I keep a close eye on mandarake for other stuff. im buying the dropcloths off a friend for $150. considering i can put them on a local auction site for $80 a piece & they sell fast wont be hard to cover the zaku (why does everyone hate on the 3a zaku? is it the 2 eyes thing?
>>
>>4280202
I was thinking of just making my own cowboy guy. Just grab a RUMADMAN skull, some clothing, boots, and a poncho.

Can't find his poncho pattern anyway though, beats the hell out of the horse. It's cool to have, but I get paranoid with resin stuff.
>>
File: monoeyeorgtfo.gif (2MB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
monoeyeorgtfo.gif
2MB, 160x120px
>>4280219
It's the 2 eyes thing.
>>
>>4280219
It doesn't look anything like a Zaku, which is fine as long as you're buying it expecting a cool robot, just not a Zaku.
>>
>>4280222
iirc the horse is polystone
>>
>>4280235

and now we've looped back around to the uninspired designs of woodley selling only on the sake of COOL and lacking all substance.

>>4280234
>that's no Zaku, boy, no Zaku
>>
>>4280249
Won't you just fuck off already, that has nothing to do with what I said. I was only saying it's not a traditional Zaku like some people wanted it to be.
>>
>>4280249
>and now we've looped back around to the uninspired designs of woodley selling only on the sake of COOL and lacking all substance.
Only because you made it that way.

The figure looks less like his art, but the art itself looked more like a zaku. Aside from that the head isn't a mono eye, which is probably the most iconic part of the zaku.

I still think it looks like a zaku, but you'll need to change it's head to seal the deal.
>>
>>4280235

thats exactly why i want it. Its a cool looking large robot. (im a gunpla fag but i dont care at all about the monoeye thing), I saw a few of them last time i was in singapore but didnt have room to bring one back.
>>
I think it's time to ramind people what 3A is:

3A is Ashley Wood's toyline for his designs of original characters and designs based on licenses.

The licensed toys are most often Ash's interpretation of those characters. His designs are inspired by the original IP.

If you want a toy that's accurate to the source material, you're pissing in the wrong pool.
>>
>>4280296
but my Rex is fabulous, and I'm waiting on my Ray
>>
>>4280314
But those are exceptions, not the rule
>>
>>4280314
Rex is not fabulous. Rex is a ticking time bomb and there is no hope whatsoever of getting replacement parts when those hips inevitably explode.
>>
Anyone have a blind cowboy for sale? Baring that, does anyone own him want to do me a solid?

I want to see how his clothing works.
>>
File: tyrami - Copy.jpg (42KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
tyrami - Copy.jpg
42KB, 250x250px
>>4280331
all the more reason to keep mine MISB
>>
>>4280374
the best thing I can suggest is search for blind cowboy clothes on ebay and check the box of completed listings. You can see each individual item and plan accordingly
>>
>>4280382
>MISB

What difference would that make? There is some serious spring tension in those joints and the plastic feels light and flimsy.
>>
>>4280078
It sort of will matter, since he's going to be shirtless. I want to make a Sun Wukong custom
>>
>>4280138
>not picking Toy Story
>>
Are zombs a racist caricature of blacks?
>>
>>4280780
Chinese people actually.
>>
>>4279936
Fun fact. That's wrong. WWR was published 2008 and Stand Alone Complex aired in 2002 into 2003. Not even the guy your arguing with but at least stick the facts.
>>
File: big_DIY_Grunt.jpg (54KB, 274x410px) Image search: [Google]
big_DIY_Grunt.jpg
54KB, 274x410px
anybody have any 1/12 Diy grunts from the bumper packs that they wish to sell.
>>
>>4282116
You should check kidrobot, the DIY grunt seems to be the least popular one of the lot. Also your pic is the 1/6, the 1/12 doesn't have a removable helmet.
>>
File: image.jpg (171KB, 454x632px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 454x632px
>>4283864
Next SDCC exclusive is poocube Miyu from toytokyo. These looked fucking bad on the blog in yellow and green. I didn't think they could suck more than that but they did it.
>>
>>4286262
Sort of odd looking aren't they... I think armholes would improve them tenfold.
>>
>>4286284
That's part of the problem for sure, but honestly I think they should've just made a proper plush square and not bothered stuffing Miyu down the middle.
>>
>>4286309
That would have been better yeah but this is pascha cosplay. I honestly think these could look nice if they did a single decent colorway, all the ones so far are pretty ugly.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Heres a sorta not really custom. The red JC came with the new zomb head sculpt so I popped it on a boiler zomb. Gotta say looks great. Its a nice sculpt.
>>
>>4286312
Yeah, the design is just a bit half-baked I guess.

I like squares a lot and I like Pascha stuff and Miyu a lot, but this just doesn't add up to the sum of its parts.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>4286324
Better look at the head
>>
>>4286324
Looks good, it is a pretty cool Zomb sculpt. I wouldn't mind picking one up if anyone would ever split them out.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>4286328
Cornelius zomb? Got my cold Merde today, he's beautiful.
>>
File: gundamcosplaybox1.jpg (94KB, 500x578px) Image search: [Google]
gundamcosplaybox1.jpg
94KB, 500x578px
>>4286262
Yeah, the mushy plush squares just aren't doing it for me (mostly because they are too amorphous to really resemble their source material). You know what actually would have worked for me? A cardboard square costume with arm cutouts, like the infamous Gundam costume. It could legitimately be made of cardboard, maybe even with some fake barcodes and product names on the back to show it's like, an old microwave box or something. Draw a square face on the front, maybe a little cutout for the mouth, and bam, we have a much better looking figure.
>>
>>4286324
>>4286328
Oh, that's gorgeous. So much deep linework there, and the wash really pops it out. I wonder if anyone would sell me just the head...

>>4286497
Also very nice. I'm slightly regretting not buying him now, the headsculpt is great. Are his boots plastic, or faux leather? And do they have any flex in em (for deep/wide stances) or are they pretty rigid?
>>
>>4286497
Nice. Cold Merde is on my ever-growing list of AK stuff to track down someday.
>>
>>4286511
Rather rigid rubber I'm afraid, I don't mind too much though. I got him for msrp but I had to pay shipping from Singapore so that added a bit.
>>
>>4286511
Good luck, people like the head more than they like Red JC
>>
Big list of upcoming sales on WO3A:

July 23rd SDCC SALE ( CYBORG ADVENTURES, COSPLAY SQUARE MIYU AND IRONMAN, all different to previously mentioned versions)
JULY 27TH BLACK TK NINJA
JULY 30TH ZOMB MD SET
AUGUST 7TH LIZ SM SET
AUGUST 15TH MARS ( MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS)
AUGUST 25TH 3AGO wave one ( Hemmingway's, DePlume's and TK's)
>>
>>4286596
Keen for more cyborgs, and curious what the other items for the MARS drop are going to be, along with the price. I can't imagine he's going to be cheap.
>>
File: FIGURE-006902.jpg (30KB, 413x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-006902.jpg
30KB, 413x600px
Amiami.jp has the micromen up now. No luck on the English site of course, and none on HLJ (yet? who knows)
>>
>>4286596

>>All that and no WWR stuff.

Oh well.
>>
>>4286606
they're up on hobbysearch.
>>
>>4286650
yup I want some new JEA stuff :/
Thread posts: 298
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.