[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Feels thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 6ad.jpg (57KB, 362x447px) Image search: [Google]
6ad.jpg
57KB, 362x447px
This thread is for posting things, that makes your fa/tg/uy's heart warm. I'll start.

>GM a session in room given by community centre
>Session comes near the end, only one planned segment have left
>Players have to explore alien tomb that contains something related to past of a certain player
>Plan it to take about 40 minutes, hook players with some mystery elements right of the bat
>Suddenly, centre's worker informs us that our time is up, it's 7 AM
>About to announce, that we will play this segment on the next session, when suddenly all players say, that we should come to the nearest cafe and finish playing there
>I planned to include some elements of horror and suspense in exploring alien tomb, but playing it elsewhere will force me to fast-forward action a little bit
>On the other hand, leaving it to the next session will be extremely anticlimactic, and players are very eager to continue
>"Okay, let's move out"
>Put everything in the bag including GM screen, player sheets, maps, laptop with music, miniatures, tokens and leave only one d20 with my session notes
>Walk into cafe, order some tea and continue the session, but in a slightly fast-forward regime
>Players are deeply invested in exploring a tomb, figuring out its history and overcoming obstacles
>"We will close in a 5 minutes" waitress announces
>We're reaching the end of tomb, but 5 minutes is not enough
>cont.
>>
>>55427355
>And here we are, five grown man, most of whom have a job, ridiculously trying to finish the session in a dark alleyway illuminated by sole street-light
>Players reached the end of segment and I concluded it with a little description of aftermath
>Players sighed with sense of satisfaction and thanked me for my work
>I've wasted some opportunities I planned for this segment. Horror was almost absent. Suspense was not as big as I wanted it to be. Subtle visual storytelling had to be not so subtle
>But there still were great element of mystery, sense of exploration and deep involvement that resulted in extremely satisfying session
>And while I have a gripe about not handling it the way I wanted it to be, satisfying conclusion, devoted players and their gratitude made everything worth it
>Sometimes it's good to be GM
>>
>>55427355
>7 AM
It's a typo. It supposed to be 7 PM.
>>
>>55427355
That's a very nice story OP, thank you :) Have nothing to contribute however, so have my bump
>>
Good tale
>>
File: a6254c6c314189cc70c0bf97c0819edc.jpg (364KB, 2002x1497px) Image search: [Google]
a6254c6c314189cc70c0bf97c0819edc.jpg
364KB, 2002x1497px
Last session I had the players meet their old characters from another campaign in combat and they were so happy. One of the old characters ended up basically becoming a boss fight too
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.