[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legends Rules plot holes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: pic430190_md.jpg (76KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
pic430190_md.jpg
76KB, 500x358px
So, The new "Legend Rules" dont really affect Brothers Yamazaki...
But I guess their mechanic is broken kind of isnt it?
If you own have 2 Yamazaki brothers on your side, I guess nothing change.
Then your opponent play a Yamazaki brother and there is 3 yamazaki brothers in play, so you have to sac 1... or the 2?

You may say "why would anybody touch Yamazaki Brothers... even why would anybody touch Kamigawa"...
And you are probably right...
But Somebody have to clean up the rules...

or is there an Oracle Fix already?

How many cards get broken like mana burn cards got broken?
>>
>>55426876

A sizeable number of cards in MTG become defunct after certain rules changes. Can't be helped.
>>
The Legend rule hasn't killed opposing legends in a long time. Your question confuses me.
>>
>>55427124
He's asking because the card explicitly says if there are two of them on the field. His opponent playing another would Bring it to 3, which would affect his rule, and this he would have to sacrifice his.
>>
File: gliding-licid-15179-medium.jpg (62KB, 277x401px) Image search: [Google]
gliding-licid-15179-medium.jpg
62KB, 277x401px
>>55426876
Remember Licids, anon? There was a good few years in the game's history where the mechanic that defined them didn't actually work according to the rules.
>>
7/1/2013: If a third Brothers Yamazaki enters the battlefield, the legend rule will apply. If one player controls more than one Brothers Yamazaki at that time, that player will have choose one and put the rest into his or her graveyard.
>>
>>55427124
>>55427199
The confusion arises because even before the legend rule change, you and your opponent could each control one Brother Yamazaki each, while now, if you both do that's just the legend rule working as intended. And if a third one entered the battlefield under the rules that existed when they were printed all three were destroyed (and later all but the latest copy). But the new rule states
>704.5k If a player controls two or more legendary permanents with the same name, that player chooses one of them, and the rest are put into their owners’ graveyards. This is called the “legend rule.”
Which means, what exactly? If I have two on the field, and my opponent plays a third one, are mine unaffected? Or do I have to sacrifice one or both? It can be assumed, I suppose, that if we both have one each and I play a third, then I have to sacrifice one of mine, but that possibly also means that the outcome is completely different depending on in which order we both play our Brothers.
>>
>>55428663
Until amended, this stands >>55428642
Individual rulings override general rules, first the legend rule applies and then the individual ruling, as stated by the Gatherer entry. Meaning, you play a third Brother and then one of your two Brothers gets nuked.
>>
File: 1460482571671062.png (331KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1460482571671062.png
331KB, 375x523px
The way to update it and it feel right is that if you control exactly 2 brothers Yamazaki you avoid the "Legend rule", instead of just being 2 on the field

But until is said otherwise, that is not how it works.
>>
If I recall, they started as allies in the fluff, but became hated rivals, so I imagine that's why it's so precise and can lead to them being on opposing sides. Kamigawa was bad, but it was very autistic about shit like that.
>>
>>55433042
Nah, they never ended up as rivals. They were called home from war to defend their village, but on the way there, they kill an ice spirit who was the astral projection of their father, who was defending the village till they got there. This killed him, so the brothers are stuck fighting spirits till the war ends. They never speak to each other after the war cause they're both shameful.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.