[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mtg Lore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1505593485249.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1505593485249.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
Where's the best place to start? Just been watching YT videos for the past few hours, but at this point I genuinely think the story is more interesting than the gameplay.
>>
File: league.jpg (73KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
league.jpg
73KB, 800x450px
unironically
>>
>>55421868
How can they even take on creatures like the Eldrazi?
>>
>>55421830
Just wanted you to know I only entered this thread because you posted a picture of audrey hepburn.
>>
Just read each cards, they have a beautiful text at the bottom that immersed you in the wonderful world they have made
>>
>>55421830
its not that compelling to be honest
>>
You only need to know Jace, the best character.
>>
>>55421830
>http://multiverseinreview.blogspot.com/

I actually read most of this shit myself back in the day, but this nigger has reviews about books I didn't even know existed. If you want a catch up to current events, though, good luck, he's only just wrapped up the Weatherlight Saga.
>>
File: 636170514565484454.jpg (109KB, 1024x753px) Image search: [Google]
636170514565484454.jpg
109KB, 1024x753px
>>55421830
The story, or at least the setting, is what keeps me coming back. As much as the game is a fun, the flavor and art and creativity of the planes are so much more interesting.

For starting, I'd say reading the books is good if you can find them, usually someone's selling some of them for dirt-cheap on amazon. More importantly than that though, read the cards. On occasion I'll just load up a full block of cards on the Gatherer and read through their flavor text, look at their art, and dream.
>>
I love the story, but hate the game. What do I do? Just buy the artbooks?
>>
>>55423811
Buy the artbooks, and go through commons and stuff you like for art and cherry-pick the ones you want to buy, they're dirt cheap. Most commons are a few cents, and most of the rares are maybe a dollar, tops. Find the stuff you like, and grab it if it catches your eye.
>>
>>55421883
With magic.
>>
>>55421830
If you want to follow the current story start with whatever set came after time spiral.

Most the stuff from the start to apocalypse is the story of Urza and Yawgmoth.

A few sets continue to use the central plane as a set piece, but most stories between Odyssey and Time Spiral are self contained with TS defanging planeswalkers.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.