[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's make a system!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: baka.gif (377KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
baka.gif
377KB, 500x405px
Where your characters gain power by invoking anime tropes... but at a cost.

If you use too many, your 'corruption' meter fills up, and you can be stuck as that character stereotype (ex. The Tsundere, or The Shonen Hero, or The Genki Girl, etc) *forever.*
You lower your corruption meter by actions that show you're a rounded character and not a flat anime stereotype.

Which will you pursue? Humanity... or power?
>>
I usually dont shut down creative threads but OP that sounds like a special kind of cancer and I dont think you should try creativity again.
>>
>>55421011
Baka.

[TSUNDERE STEREOTYPE is rising...]
>>
Humanity was never an option, they questions is whether she lapses into Genki, Gyaru, or Yangire.
>>
>>55421011
I concur. This is bad and you should feel bad.
>>
Use Don't Rest Your Head as a base. Diving too deep for power and losing yourself is already baked into the mechanics; rename Madness as Anime and Exhaustion as Hype and you're 90% there.

t. someone that has used DRYH for two other homebrews, one centered around mantling famous historical figures and another was just DMC.
>>
File: vomit chan.jpg (16KB, 276x276px) Image search: [Google]
vomit chan.jpg
16KB, 276x276px
Congrats OP you've made me physically cringe, that hasn't happened in years.
>>
>>55420990
Look up Mythenders, it uses a mechanic similar to what you're describing; you get power from invoking your Myth, using it more makes you more powerful, but overuse runs the risk of you losing yourself to the myth and becoming that which you sought to defeat.
>>
>>55420990
retarded
>>
I'm a fucking anime nerd to the point i've made a homebrew Naruto Tabletop and even I wouldn't share a lunch table with you OP.
>>
File: 1459893250951.jpg (43KB, 214x329px) Image search: [Google]
1459893250951.jpg
43KB, 214x329px
This sounds sugoi!

I now have a chance to use all my knowledge about Japanese language and culture, like how neko mimi means cat ears, pantsu means panties, and kusou gaijin means best friend!

Arigato misuta robattou!
>>
File: bakatroll.png (37KB, 573x415px) Image search: [Google]
bakatroll.png
37KB, 573x415px
>>55421011
>>55421157
>>55423488
>>55423666
>>55423747
Looks like this upset more people than expected. :D So, then, tell us: What about the idea bothers you?
>>
>>55423923
Oh good. You were only pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>55420990
Dresden Files RPG and Tenra Bansho Zero both have mechanics sort of like this, and the second one is actually Japanese.

In FATE-based systems, you can buy more traits by reducing the size of your Refresh pool, which is used to do dramatic things and to ignore compulsions from your traits. In DFRPG breaking one of the Laws of Magic or getting turned into a supernatural being forces you to buy extra traits, and if your Refresh reaches 0 you effectively lose your free will and become an NPC.

In Tenra Bansho Zero, characters have a Goal that they must change slightly every so often in response to plot developments (e.g. from "defeat this guy" to "fight this guy" to "befriend this guy"). If your Karma ever gets too high (by pushing yourself too hard or buying too many abilities) then you become an insane NPC who can no longer change their Goal and is obsessed with carrying it out at all costs.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.