[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best system or setting for playing a lighthearted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: b08.png (614KB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
b08.png
614KB, 600x578px
What's the best system or setting for playing a lighthearted evil campaign? Fun, theatrical villains who love their work and can work together to plan capers, perhaps with a little betrayal in the mix.
>>
Probably Maid, Risus, maybe Fate.
>>
>>55413818
>Maid
Are you having a laugh at my expense?
>Risus
No, I think you're serious, and I'm confused, but appreciative of the suggestion. Now, Risus certainly seems to make sense.
>Fate
I was considering this, myself. The Adventure Zone podcast is trying that out in a superhero setting when they return from hiatus.
>>
>>55413772
Really, anything. Just make the campaign work.
DtD might work extra-well, since there is the basic assumption that all players are fucking monsters from the beginning, and thus could roll with the whole "super villain" thing. The universe is also so fucked that it wouldn't even be the strangest campaign to have the party serving as an organization of villains who perform evil deeds in order to get heroes to try and stop them, so the resulting carnage can be filmed and broadcast across the galaxy as entertainment.
>>
>>55413992
I like the way you think.
>>
>>55413772
>Fun, theatrical villains who love their work and can work together to plan capers, perhaps with a little betrayal in the mix.
We got something like this in last Black Crusade game.
>Noisemarine with followers who singing oompa-loompa song while raping peasants, khorne cultists who dance "Dancing in the Rain" from "Singin' in the Rain" under fountais of blood after execution of entire hamlet and other "we fall in love our job things".
It is about motivation. After 6 or 7 sessions we no longer used such gimmicks.
>>
File: Alita3.jpg (25KB, 420x612px) Image search: [Google]
Alita3.jpg
25KB, 420x612px
>>55413772
This requires good roleplayers, not a particular system.
Players who are willing to commit to roleplaying make every game more enjoyable for everyone.
>>
>>55413772
What about Doofenshmirtz level of Evil. Like, they try so hard to be "bad" but all these "villains" manage to do is do some rude, or maybe manipulative things, yet they have a moral conscience that prevents them from killing or otherwise doing anything more than being a public nuisance.
>>
>>55413955
>>Maid
>Are you having a laugh at my expense?
Different guy here, but I actually know a guy who's planning a Maid game starring the villainous order of henchmen that serve a dark overlord, Robot Masters/Order of No Quarter style.
>>
>>55413955
Look up a Maid podcast or something. It could work for what you're going for. Just switch out the master for whatever hero you're trying to catch.
>>
This might be very well doable in the Savage Setting "Necessary Evil". The basic story is, the BIG EPIC COMIC MULTIVERSE EVENT happened with Alien God Armada threatening Earth. All of Earth's Heroes rose to the challenge, as usual. And then all of Earth's Heroes died.

Now Earth is defenceless. Well, not exactly defenceless because that leaves the Villains. And they're not gonna leave Earth to the Alien GodArmada because...Earth is THEEEEIRS MUHAHAHAHA etc. pp.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.