[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are your beast people like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: 1505484283544.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1505484283544.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
mine are smug
>>
>>55413478
Non-existant
>>
>>55413478

Minorities
>>
>>55413478
Barbarians, basically. Except maybe the snake-men.
Also, yeti are beast people, right? I feel like things get a little ambiguous once you're in the ape-like zone.
>>
They're pretty normal. The only one I'm featuring as playable is sheep people, who travel around selling their wool in great sheepy caravans.
>>
>>55413478
Mine are elves that represented The Court of Autumn.
They got wiped out by dark elves who represent The Court of Winter.
>>
>>55413478
Birds
>>
Take your pick.

Elemeis
>Selectively bred supersoldiers.
>Looks like a somewhat more built human with tiger-like facial features.
>Vague vibes of German Landsnekts.
>fought for a major empire that made them, then freed themselves through blood and iron.
>Their war banners are blue, as a cheeky nod to when they killed, skinned and ate the hostages (former masters) they were holding while under seige, and used the blue skins as warbanners.

Avur
>Vaguely asiatic/chinese matriarchial society.
>Think if Utahraptor got crossed with a kestrel, then became humanoid.
>Tend to be viciously political.

Cranid
>Spider people. Bipedal, with 2 thumbs and 3 fingers on each hand, and 6 compound eyes.
>Taller than othjer races by a full head on average. Very good at climbing, live in a stone forest.
>Fiercely individualistic, just now consolidating into larger power blocs.
>Weird mix of Native american and Swiss/Danish vibes (yes that is as weird as it sounds).
>Unsettlingly good with a crossbow.

Ijosai
>Relatively humanoid, minus no external ears and slightly different facial structure.
>Also shark teeth, and webbed fingers/feet.
>All adults have crazy blue tattooos.
>Think Polynesian meets Aztec, meets Vikings.

Mortei
>If they don't move, you'll mistake them for a stump or a part of a tree.
>They've weaponizied landscaping.
>Insanely isolationist.
>Has a literal sect of holy warriors that mutilate their horns (mega taboo) and are supposed to be "posessed" by an angry god in battle.
>Think Celtic religious vibes mixed with Hinduism, and a heavy dose of mega isolationism.

There's a few more but they're less beast-like so they probably don't count.
>>
They're gypsies. The only beastfolk in the narrow region of my campaign are mousefolk, who live on the road as travelling gypsies, only returning to their 'sacred land' read: Warren for special occasions and winter.

They're pretty chill. Real compassionate folk, what with their high value on community.
>>
Cursed. At least they can't feel bad about it without trying, their negative emotions get suppressed too.
>>
>>55413478
bunny boi did nothing wrong
>>
>>55413478
naa~

>>55414559
Anon the bunny is a she.
>>
>>55413478
I usually have Lizardfolk, Gnolls, and Owlmen as regulars.
Lizardfolk are typically very shaman/druidey, and range from xenophobic eaters of stray sentient beings, to more stoic inhabitants of the margins of habitable land, to peaceful hippy types.
In all cases, they are just kind of antisocial. Their own society runs fine, they just don't play well with others.

Gnolls are stronger and faster than most intelligent races, making them desirable as mercenaries, bodyguards, sports players, and so on, and they are likely to stay that way, since for some reason, they have never really started up a proper civilization.
They have a wide range of personalities, but most have a lazy backing, and don't go above and beyond often.

Owls tend to be both frontiersmen and more metropolitan folk. They tend to be very subtle in their dealings, except in academia. In a way, they are somewhat similar to Gnolls, in that they frequently work for others, but unlike Gnolls, they are actually mostly very well organized, and most Owls are actually furthering either a greater Owl goal, or else their own personal one in the process.
Have a surprising presence as pirates. I did it once, and it fit them, so I've just run with it.
>>
>>55413875
I also have gypsy beastmen.

Neat.
>>
>>55413861
How the fuck do you weaponize landscaping?
>>
File: latest[1].png (1MB, 517x719px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1MB, 517x719px
>>55413478
>what are your beast people like?

They're a constant menace and plague upon any neighboring society or culture that's within their sights.
From an anthropological point a Beastman is defined as any primitive, sapient, creature incapable of harnessing the power of "fire", Id Est: they can't forge tools and denied of anything to salvage, are only capable of making tools of stone, bone, or wood, but this is more of a racist definition and it runs far deeper then that.
Physically speaking they're extremely diverse coming in a wide variety of "base animals", but the differences end there as they all typically follow the unnatural appearance of a human's (or dwarves) body with the head replaced by that of an animal's, though: certain mammalian Beastmen (lions, wolves, deer, aardvark) have 'centaur-like' varieties which further adds to their disturbing appearance by cutting them off down the torso and giving them the body of a horse. Beastmen walk a thin line between sapient and animal, they're a step above intelligent animals, but not quite at the level of a developing primitive person: they're uncomfortable, they're creepy, they look at you with reflective eyes, they stalk the forests and jungles, they can't talk, but somehow they still communicate complex plans to their pack mates and are always looking for opportunities to raid and pillage civilized society.
Most are the product of popular curses: Druids punishing people who've wronged them or their community by removing their humanity, they did it enough times stable populations were enabled and now the whole world suffers.
The reptilian, amphibian, & fish based Beastfolk though, are all naturally occurring; simply nature's more primitive and ancient but less successful attempts at creating something intelligent- this becomes easier to tell if you cut one open as it becomes clear their limbs are a product of long term evolution and not artificial naturalization.
>>
>>55413478
Conservative kung-fu bears and liberal architect and business man lizards.
>>
Nanachi a shit and I hope she suffers
>>
File: 1505496904218.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1505496904218.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>55415189
shut up cartridge girl #17
>>
File: {}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}.jpg (36KB, 600x317px) Image search: [Google]
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}.jpg
36KB, 600x317px
>>55413478
Stop shilling MiA on /tg/.
>>
>>55415256
a SHIT
>>
>>55414753
Terrain modification has been a part of warfare for thousands of years.
>>
>>55415189
>tfw no pic of Faputa giving four handjobs, two footjobs, and getting triple-penetrated
>>
>>55413861
>Relatively humanoid, minus no external ears and slightly different facial structure.
>Also shark teeth, and webbed fingers/feet.
>All adults have crazy blue tattooos.
>Think Polynesian meets Aztec, meets Vikings.
I think I saw that somewhere, Pillars of Eternity maybe? Haven't played it, but didn't it also feature humanoid shark people with a south-east asia islander culture?
>>
>>55413839
Fuck off and drink your bin juice, don't you have s picnic to ruin!
>>
>>55413478
Nnaa...
>>
File: 1495052717573.jpg (109KB, 668x645px) Image search: [Google]
1495052717573.jpg
109KB, 668x645px
are we smug posting?
>>
>>55413478
My current setting doesn't really have any. The most you would get would be the occasional bizarre magical mutation caused by mystical bloodlines, although none of those would really result in animals as much as demonic traits.

I suppose a sufficiently motivated Druid or Wizard could create weird hybrid animal people, but those would either be soulless abominations without any real salience or just normal humans altered to look that way that would probably get shut down pretty hard since it'd be Full Metal Alchemist dog tier horrible.

Aside from that, psionic whales.
>>
>>55413478
Quirky, but still Friends and entirely unwilling to eat people.
>>
>>55413478
I thought that said "slug" and now I'm just disappointed.
>>
Genetic experiments by the AI rulers of the world, explained to the inhabitants as the chosen uplifted races of the gods; the Minotaur by the God of War, the Lycan by the God of the Hunt, the Birdfolk by the God of Exploration, and so on.
>>
File: MHGen-Malfestio_Concept_Art_001.jpg (30KB, 700x342px) Image search: [Google]
MHGen-Malfestio_Concept_Art_001.jpg
30KB, 700x342px
They are a race of bird people who believe they are the literal creation of a Pheonix that was killed and couldn't revive properly and instead became the sun that orbits their planet.

In general appearance they resemble pic related except they have an extra set of arms they keep tucked closed to their chest and they tend to stand as tall as most humans with bright red/blue feathers and leathery webbing between the "fingers" of their wings.

I havn't come up with some schict for them yet, I just wanted firebird people.
>>
>>55413478
nonexistent because Furrys are abominations!
>>
>>55418721
sugoi
>>
>>55413875
>They're gypsies.
>They're pretty chill. Real compassionate folk, what with their high value on community.
pick one
>>
File: 1480138466713.png (514KB, 600x584px) Image search: [Google]
1480138466713.png
514KB, 600x584px
>>55416590
I think we're gonna start smugposting, at least I know I will
>>
File: v_7977_f2_p.jpg (46KB, 420x450px) Image search: [Google]
v_7977_f2_p.jpg
46KB, 420x450px
I always wanted to GM a fantasy game with newt people.
Basically they would live in swamps and have some simple technology, but because firewood is hard to come by in said swamps they would mostly live without metal.
They could prolly live near rivers but are easily drifen away if humans (only other race) would want to settle there.
They aren't cowards by default, but simply avoid any given physical conflict and use their swamp as natural defense against attackers.
Most interaction with human would be as guides through the swamp or as collector of swamp plants for alchemists, healers, witches and the like and payment is usually in firewood or iron coins.
Due to their different apperance, culture and behaviour they are often enough not even considered as people.
Basically they are the manifestation of "them" from "at least we are not them."
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.