[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Satanic D&D

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Have you ever had to deal with people accusing you or friends of worshiping satan by playing D&D?
>>
>>55412238
No because I don't live in the state of Buttfuckistan, USA.
At most I got chortles or weird looks growing up, now I get curious ones and on occasion interest expressed in playing a game.
>>
>>55412238
Yeah, but I grew up in central Buttfuckistan.
>>
>>55412238

No, I'm a fundie and we play GURPS
>>
>>55412238
Yep, my mom made me burn all my books during the moral panic. Picked it up again a few years later in college and never looked back. I'm still religious and am fully convinced there is no conflict, apart from greedy preachers afraid I won't show up to pass the plate on Sunday.
>>
>>55412238
what kind of narrow minded people do you sorround with that would even think this?
>>
File: 12754567896545678.jpg (137KB, 670x1000px) Image search: [Google]
12754567896545678.jpg
137KB, 670x1000px
>>55412238
Not quite devil worshiping, but my older brother did get the talk from our dad. I overheard them flipping through a monster manual, and him saying it wasn't the Lord's work. Not a big issue now, but it did stop my brother playing at the time.
>>
>>55412238
When I was a teenager there was a mild local panic that the LGS was promoting satanism at a couple borough meetings, but it was just a couple of local busybodies that no one really took seriously. The only reason it got any discussion was as a way to sneak in complaints about neon signs. Local politics can be really fucking stupid.
>>
>>55412238
Is this even still a thing nowadays? I even live in American South and Ive never gotten a reaction worse the indifference.
>>
>>55413302
>him saying it wasn't the Lord's work

Ugh. I don't like describing myself as an atheist even though I technically am for the sole reason that I hate argumentative pricks who tear down others' beliefs by throwing paradoxes and circular logic in their face all day.

But god dammit, lord makes people knowing exactly what they're going to do, people make stuff, therefor the stuff people make is the lord's work.

What I'm trying to say is that God wrote the DnD monster manual.
>>
>>55412238
yeah, my schizo aunt. so we hid walkie talkies in the air vents and broadcast it across the house. she had bad enough hearing that she couldnt figue out where it was coming from, and we were in the basement and could hear her coming down so we could hide our stuff. she was in the ward for a month after that weekend. shit was cash.
>>
Nope. Even played with a priest once as part of a fundraising thing for my GM's church. The guy came in full priest garb and played a cleric of goodness which I thought was a nice save on his part. Helped us fight some werewolves and we all had a great time.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.