[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 57

File: gwen.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
gwen.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
Expensive Screwing Edition

Previous: >>55400196

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question: What cards do you use that you wouldn't due to budget if you had to re-buy them?
>>
>>55408393
>Thread Question: What cards do you use that you wouldn't due to budget if you had to re-buy them?
pact of negation. i'm not really that into the card but i happen to have one from the old days and it is good protection for a combo deck.
>>
>>55408393
>What cards do you use that you wouldn't due to budget if you had to re-buy them?

I have a Mishra's Workshop and Transmute Artifact that I picked up for about $300 total a few years ago. Fuck buying either of them today.
>>
>>55408393
>What cards do you use that you wouldn't due to budget if you had to re-buy them?
fetches
really makes the game consistent which is both good and bad
>>
File: MuhDeck.png (792KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
MuhDeck.png
792KB, 1000x800px
Post decks, bitch about other decks
>>
File: IMG_0620.jpg (42KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0620.jpg
42KB, 223x310px
Who here /MLD/ ???

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-09-17-apocalypse-now/
>>
>>55408393
Kaalia, when I bought it, it was like 5 bucks with the oversized card.
>>
>>55408682
Also since I made this image I built an Edgar Markov vampire tribal focused on +1/+1 counters with some proliferate cards thrown in too
>>
File: 193.jpg (276KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
193.jpg
276KB, 672x936px
What are some spicy ETBs in Grixis reanimation? Assume I already have the most popular ones
>>
I'm new to MTG and a friend told me to start playing Commander because we can play between a lot of players and it's relatively cheaper compared to other formats.
He told me to start with one of the new preconstructed decks (specifically Feline Ferocity).
Is that a good idea? I'm only going to play casual.
>>
File: IMG_8137.jpg (263KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8137.jpg
263KB, 672x936px
>>55408685

Technically it's not land destruction.
>>
>>55408685
I've started adding it to my decks even though my meta freaks out over it every time. It's just the best way to punish green decks that shit out lands all game.

I resolved a Decree of Annihilation last week that won me the game.
>>
File: en_NKedJuudZp[1].png (177KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_NKedJuudZp[1].png
177KB, 265x370px
So I'm building pic related

I have mostly everything I need for him but can anybody think of a way to cage my opponent's artifacts or creature and be able to use them as my own?
>>
>>55408780
Cats is an alright deck but I'd recommend picking up a second precon, mainly Vampires.
>>
>>55408393
Hi, I'm entirely new to commander and I'm looking for something fun and cheap to play with my friends. Do you think, that mono red ally deck with Zada as commander would be a viable choice or is it the worst idea ever?
>>
>>55408834
You can't have other players' cards in your hand or graveyard so you can't exile them with the first ability.

Even if you could give it an ability to exile other stuff it wouldn't have a cage counter.

Even if you could put a cage counter on it, you still wouldn't be the owner so you couldn't use the abilities.

Basically, no.
>>
File: kambal.png (124KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
kambal.png
124KB, 223x311px
Best tax like cards for a death and taxes style EDH deck featuring Kambal?
>>
>>55408900
Monocolor allies is not a good idea.

Your best bet when starting the format is buy one of the precons. They give you the most value and are (for the most part) pretty playable.
>>
>>55408834
>can anybody think of a way to cage my opponent's artifacts or creature and be able to use them as my own?

Even if there were some scenario where you got an opponent's card exiled with a cage counter, Mairsil explicitly says cards you own that are exiled.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>55408916
>>55408974

Thanks guys, I thought I had something with the card Dark Imposter but I found out it didn't work like I thought it did.
>>
>>55408275
I love how casting any 4 CMC spirit blows the kirin up too.
>>55408685
I run Ruination and cycle Decree of Annihilation in Ruric for what's it worth.
>>
File: Arcbond.png (137KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Arcbond.png
137KB, 223x311px
>>55408900
Zada is fantastic on a budget, but I don't know if I'd go Ally with it. Is there even enough good red ones?

Just fill the board with any type of token really, from Young Pyro's elementals to Krenko's goblins to Eldrazi spawn stuff, then hit them all with pump spells and cantrip stuff to draw a shit ton and go off. It's like 50$ to start and can be easily upgraded down the road with stuff like Purphoros, Valakut, etc.

Also suggested for spice is HeatShimmer/Twin Flame to clone all of your stuff for cheap, Make Mischief/Spawning Breath for a shit ton of little dudes if your guys can survive, and pic related with the last two is a great way to wreak havoc.
>>
can I get some feedback on this?
>>
>>55408393
Azusa, Crucible, Karn Liberated, the eldrazi titans, Blightsteel, Blood Moon, Magus of the Moon, Worldy Tutor, a lot of old stuff in general.
>>
>>55409041
Looks great.
>>
>>55408878
Another guy is going to buy the Vampires one. Also, I like those cats.
My friend is going to help me improve it by giving me some mid-tier cards.
How is the deck's playstyle and how can I improve it?
>>
>>55409063
;_;

I meant this
http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/15-09-17-ZKM-deck-paste/
>>
File: ThornElemental.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
ThornElemental.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>55407552
Oh wow, so if you had Ramos and Deadeye and Soul of the Harvest you could go pretty much infinite right? Like could just dump your entire deck onto the board.
>>
>>55408682
Xenagos Beatdown
Sydri Artifacts
Ur-Dragon Tribal
Gishath Tribal (obviously in development)
>>
>>55408932
Thank you for your feedback
>>55409029
Thank you too. This sounds really fun and I just love Zada. I'll look into it.
>>
>>55409088
It's obvious your strategy is just push out hatebears and stax shit until you can pull off the Eidolon/Rule of Law + Possibility Storm/Knowledge Pool lock, but seeing as that shits on you too, I don't see how you think you're going to pull off a win after the first time unveiling this, unless your usual players are completely retarded.

If you're blowing that much money on a deck/have that solid of a collection, I would assume you're playing in a rather competitive meta where they will figure you out and shit down your throat immediately. If not, I guess I'll just say that it looks fine, though I personally would toss in maybe a few board wipes in case an opponent goes off before you and you lock yourself out of a win by halting the game with an opponent with a better board state, and maybe some protective stuff like Teferi's Protection/Boros charm to stop your foe's from wiping you if you can't lock them down hard enough before you can assemble the combo.
>>
>>55409066
Out of the box, Cats is alright in multiplayer.

The overarching theme is to get a cat out, give it equipment (starting with Hammer of Nazahn), and proceed to smash face. You'll probably want to pick up an Open the Armory for an extra search option.
>>
>>55408393
Snapcaster mage. I bought that stinky fuck when blue was hemoraging free wins in modern and also just after ema price dip.
>>
Need help with Kaalia deck.

Do I build her as a control deck with her as the bomb or focus on speeding her out and ignoring what my opponents are doing like a lot of voltron decks do?
>>
Serious question where can I get good playmats? All the decent ones are sold out everywhere and all that's left are amonkhet gods or shit ones.
>>
>>55409597
Cardamajigs does quality work, though I don't explicitly know if it was because I got a limited edition one or not.
They are also really cool dudes.
>>
File: edh decks.png (1MB, 1606x1098px) Image search: [Google]
edh decks.png
1MB, 1606x1098px
>>55408682
>>
>>55409826
>political as fuck

Question: do you play with the same group and if so how does the politics work with people youve made deals with time and again?
>>
>>55408682
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ommy-with-the-good-hair/

Would actually enjoy feedback desu
>>
>>55409877
the deck doesnt really try and win. its mostly pillow forting up and then helping out people who promise to do my bidding during the game. usually when someone thinks they have the upper hand in a trade i will offer the other guy help if they make the deal good enough. obviously the right answer is to just kill me off gate so there is no monkey wrench in their plans but my playgroup never does that
>>
>>55409917
How many people in the group? That sounds fun and I'm not sure what to do in my next deck.
>>
>>55409985
currently we are only 3 consistent members (including myself) and 2-3 people who drop in from time to time. i really wish we could find one more consistent person cause 3 person edh kinda sucks
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-09-17-yLY-inalla-edh/

Could yous give me a hand with my wizard good stuff?
I just feel like im not doing enough with the deck in the early turns, do i need more ramp? remake my land base? I dont really have fetches
>>
>>55410017
Yeah same. We could use a 4th as well to change things up. Too little politics and all that in 3 people
>>
>>55408393
Quite a few pieces of my colorless deck. Karn Liberated and Mox Opal come to mind. I also picked up a Grim Monolith two years before I built it for $25, that was a pretty great decision in hindsight. Ironically, a card that went the other way around was Mana Crypt. When I planned the deck it was still $100 minimum, now they're half that.
>>
>>55410039
throw in some monarch cards, helped my group a little
>>
>>55408393
dual lands
>>
>>55410070
There's an idea.
>>
>>55408900
normally i disapprove of using deck techs as how you build your deck but this is a really good starting point if you want to build zada or want to get into EDH in general

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekeubl_vaa8
>>
Stupid question time.

The Ixalan vampires came from elsewhere on the plane to search a few islands for some maguffin? Treasure or the power of the sun temple or whatever.

If they're from somewhere else, is Licia an Ixalanian vampire? Yeah, the red is weird but do we know if the victorian vampires wouldn't have architecture like in Licia's art?
>>
File: 35 (4).jpg (80KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
35 (4).jpg
80KB, 312x445px
>30$
But why, the thing can't even give you access to infinite or multiple combat steps ala the ventmaw+charger combo that gives you as many combat steps as you have mana sources that can tap for at least one anus.
>>
>>55410190
could be, ixalan vampires are pretty much notspanish conquistadors, licia's art could be from their homeland in notspain, noteurope, then again maybe they just decided to make mardu vamps to sell more units because they knew they were In standard
>>
>>55410270
its a mythic from specialty set that was hardly opened, unless you want to play the random lottery with a box it commands a high price
>>
>>55410190
The feathers on her plume are plucked from an angel she killed. No angels on Ixalan, or not enough for one to show up in this set at least.
>>
>>55410270
It's another extra combat for decks that want it on hopefully a 6/6 (and counting) for 6 mana, which is good.

Like Aurelia it can also be abused by copying, blinking etc it.
>>
>>55410352
heres hoping for at least one angelsaur in the second set
>>
File: angelsaur.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
angelsaur.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
>>55410428
You can have a Dinosaur Angel as your commander right now!
>>
>>55410446
thats pretty spicy
>>
>>55408393
Doubling Season. Wouldn't even have it if I hadn't cracked it out of a MM pack.
>>
>>55410446
I remember when Mistform Ultimus stopped being a Folk of An-Havva and became a Human.

It was a sad day, though it did cure him of leprosy.
>>
>>55410552
At least he's not a nameless race anymore
>>
>>55410552
>ywn have a Legendary Uncle Commander again
>>
File: images (3).jpg (16KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
16KB, 223x310px
this guy have a place In inala wizards?
seems he would get some extra mileage out of your wizards when they die
>>
whys cockatrice frozen?
>>
>>55410658
saving it for thanksgiving
>>
How many board wipes should you run in a deck?
>>
>>55410754
>>
File: your new commander.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
your new commander.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>55410754
Every other card should be a board wipe.
>>
>>55410754
5ish
>>
Best 2017 precon? Wizard's deck seems pretty fun and it's commanders seem interesting.
>>
>>55410850
The dragon and vampires are both strong out of the box, the dragon needs work for it's lands and it's combos but can be very strong when ahead. The wizards can be very strong with just a few cards (eg. Ashnods altar, Dualcaster mage)

The cat's deck is probably the least competitive but is still a lot of fun and has some good cards. The vampires are probably the most competitive out of the box.
>>
>>55410850
depends on what you mean by best i think dragons have the most money in it but vamps wins the most out of the 4. wizards has the most potential but cats are the most shit
>>
So what's the Dark Magician Girl equivalent in this game?
>>
>>55410956
Something like Flame Burst?
>>
>>55410934
>>55410942
I was just looking for a rough idea of strength, still can't decide if I want to get Wizards for Kess because she seems pretty insane or Vampires for Edgar vampire tribal which sounds fun.

As far as other legendary's in them go, is Taigam any good? I'm not good at judging power but I really love is style.
>>
>>55411009
>Taigam
Gonna have to be more specific.
>>
>>55411016
Taigam, Sidisi's Hand sorry.

I kinda wish he only costed 4 mana but eh.
>>
>>55411037
Oh. The other one looks like a fun and somewhat unusually colour identity'd spellslinger.

>yo man that's a sweet time stretch
>lemme give you another one
>>
>just bought the cat precon
>realized I have a ton of green and white staples I'm not using, like a full equipment Voltron suite with puresteel/jitte, Elesh Norn, a full suite if boardwipes, all the hatebears you could want, and a bunch of green token stuff
>no idea what to make
Should I go Voltron, tokens or some other thing? Any fun commanders? I'm just way outside my element, I'm a mono black mono red kind of guy.
>>
>>55411111
So you basically have 3 options with the cat stuff
Nazahn if you want to go G/W equip. Swap out some of the cat-centric stuff, throw in Puresteel, Swords of Money and Value, Bonehewer, Stoneforge, and anything else you want. I'd run a Conjuror's Closet as well, to get even more tutors.

Arahbo can explode in the early game, especially if you play your cats low to the ground, like Adorned Pouncer or Lost Leonin. If your play group plays for the late game you can pick people off before they can build steam. His in play ability benefits from equip too, so if the idea of reliably swinging in with stuff that's huge he's really good.

If you want to swarm though Mirri is disgusting. She doesn't give the token generation that other G/W generals give, but if you can protect her she'll ensure your army gets through.

I have an Arahbo deck I'm really loving right now. It's equipment cats, so mostly felines but with Puresteel and Norn.
>>
>>55411111
>>55411241
after making deck with all 3 from the cat deck and play testing mirri is the best one ive found
>>
>>55411111
I also have a ton of GW staples and amazing cards, I don't own a single GW legendary though and I'm poor right now :\

Also checked.
>>
>>55411241
Not him but I had plans for nazahn but I like her a lot. Seems like she'd be able to support a midrange deck pretty well in edh.
>>
File: Karametra.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Karametra.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
What does my choice in commander say about me?
>>
Kaseto Voltron, is this as retarded as I think it is.
>>
File: 270.jpg (81KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
270.jpg
81KB, 312x445px
>>55411350
You like creatures and/or lands?
>>
>>55410850

Allow me to preface the below by saying that all comments are intended in the context of playing against the other precons.

Dragons and Vampires are definitely the strongest of the set. Bitching about the dragon deck not having a $300 manabase aside, it's startlingly fast thanks to the Eminence from Ur-Dragon, and you rarely have problems casting your dragons. The vampires can't quite slug it out with the dragons one-on-one, but they make up for that with a bunch of nasty effects and a potential one-turn-kill combo (seriously, what was Wizards thinking when they put that in a precon?)

The Wizards deck has a ton of fun interaction, but doesn't feel like it has a viable wincon as compared to the "beat in face" of the Vampires and Dragons. Honestly, it feels like they're there to keep the other decks in check with janky combo stuff, rather than win themselves.

The Cats are a bit odd. First off, it has such a heavy Equipment theme that the tribal theme is somewhat diluted when compared to the other decks. The Cat deck can really explode out the gate and just bowl people over, but in my admittedly limited experience it just wasn't as consistent or fun as the dragon or vampire deck, and if you don't get a good enough start to explode out at the dragon deck you're going to get absolutely slaughtered by huge fliers that you can't block.

>>55411241

I kinda feel like Mirri should've been the main commander. She's much more interesting than Arahbo, as much as I do like Arahbo.

My main gripe with the cat deck is that the equipment theme, while strong, really dilutes the cat theme for me when compared to the other decks. "Leonin with equipment" is not what I was hoping for out of a deck billed as "cat" tribal. I wish it had more cards like Hungry Lynx.
>>
>>55411037
I for one think that Taigam is better in the 99. He's not a bad commander, but backing up Scarab God? Draw spells, bin creatures for eternalize, and burn up spent noncreatures to kill shit which you can then Eternalize,
>>
File: dexx.jpg (888KB, 900x834px) Image search: [Google]
dexx.jpg
888KB, 900x834px
>>55408682
i'll repost my decks. i currently have each color represented twice among my five decks. i'm kind of hesitant to start planning another deck cause then the balance will get thrown off. :/

is thromok anything but board wipe bait? i like gruul but i don't want to become a bystander every time somebody wraths.

>>55408776
my grenzo deck is all etbs. anything that makes free creatures is gravy. i'm a big fan of mindclaw shaman as well.

>>55410754
if i run more than 4 i find myself holding one in my hand the whole game.
>>
File: Bae.png (189KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Bae.png
189KB, 265x370px
>>55411350
You like to play a decent amount of stuff, a mix of Timmy and Johnny.

>>55411362
You'd like to have more than 6 wives.
>>
>>55411241
I think Voltron makes the most sense, because seriously I have 3 swords, puresteel, Sram and all sorts of other stuff available, but I already run Uril, and it's a t5 pubstomp machine. I mean it's fine, but no one plays it because it's so consistent, and I worry that the deck is going to have the same problem; nukes exactly one guy then eats a board full of hate.

The flip side is, I have a foil Lost Leonin, a voice of resurgence, a doubling season, a parallel lives, and a gaddock teeg kicking around. I know it's just nonsense. Mirri seems like the best choice, both for volton and for a token deck. Thinking about it, voltron with a pinch of hatebears could be really strong. Thanks anon!
>>
>>55411366
>a potential one-turn-kill combo
For the less intelligent of us, can you explain it?
>>
>>55411360
Having a 4/4 with unblockable and effective upkeep: UG isn't too shabby in the colors of much ramp and draw. You miss out on double strike enablers and related effects by not having red, but that low price buff stapled on him is pretty rad.
>>
>>55411360
yes, kaseto is a snake and his ability is reusable
>>
>>55411386
>You miss out on double strike enablers
Eh, Fireshrieker's really rad.
>>
File: Kokusho, the Evening Star_MMA.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Kokusho, the Evening Star_MMA.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>55411350
You're a Timmy at heart, but you're at least smart enough to know how to Timmy well.
>>
>>55411274
I don't think anyone will fight you on that. Mirri has the most options and isn't married to theme like Arahbo and Nazan.

>>55411323
Nazahn's a chick? My furry sense must be off. Yeah, Nazahn is nutty. Just be ready to do lots of tutoring.

>>55411366
I hear you. To be honest when Abobo was first revealed I though he was jank compared to the dragon. Though he can explode in sneaky ways and is more fun than I expected. That said I still wish he was more interesting.

>>55411378
In my experience the cats can do 3 things. Your best bet is to pick 2. Lost Leonin is fun to surprise people with, and dream hand you can have fatal unblockable on board swinging turn 3. But if you're not running Arahbo then Lost Leonin isn't worth it.
>>
>>55411366
>Hoping for more cards like Hungry Lynx
>Wanting cards that put you at incredible disadvantage

Why? GW Equipment makes sense more than Cats that don't really do a whole lot.
>>
>>55411421
You like smelly dragon farts all over the table.

You just know that someone, somewhere, has masturbated to that art.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (15KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
15KB, 223x310px
>That pet card you run in every deck because fuck you that's why
>>
>>55411485

it's really just a tier below batterskull, jitte or swords in edh and it turns most big creatures into must-answer threats
>>
>>55408682
Trying to make a Ruhan for my casual multiplayer group.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ruhan-the-random-3/

I am taking apart a higher tier lazav deck and am hoping to fit in good cards from it as well as other cards I have set aside for an equipment deck.

Right now I am trying to cut enough cards from the main board to fit the cards I already own in the mayboard in. Then I could haver an idea of a buy list.

Is it worth cutting away most of the enchantments since I am making it more of an equip deck?

Which equipments should I cut from the mainboard? I feel like the obscure lowdrops can go but i dont want to lose to much haste.
>>
File: fuck you chris.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you chris.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>55411485
>wait for someone to swing with 9+ unblocked and in response put this on it
>>
File: SeRKAZotuD_EN.png (192KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
SeRKAZotuD_EN.png
192KB, 265x370px
>>55411485
I still can't believe that this card is under a dollar.
>>
hey edhg, how do i tell my GF the play group doesnt like her and she isnt invited anymore?
>>
File: GypsyMana.jpg (17KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
GypsyMana.jpg
17KB, 223x311px
>>55411485
one of my new favorites its a mana rock you can punch people In the dick with later on
>>
>>55411602
kill her and get another girlfriend
bonus points if the new gf helped kill the old one
>>
File: 1000hoursinmspaint.png (928KB, 850x781px) Image search: [Google]
1000hoursinmspaint.png
928KB, 850x781px
>>55408682
not necessarily directed at that anon -
what dual lands do you guys include in your lists?
shock, fetch, filter are usually in all mylists automatically - to a lesser extent check, pain, or scry
any type dual that you'd run in 2 color but not 3 or more?
>>
>>55411617
shock, fetch and filter followed by pain and vivid then scry
>>
>>55411535
That's probably because it sucks unless you're playing in a group of 4+

And even then, with every opponent knocked out of the game, it gets progressively worse. I'd rather run Restock, Praetor's Counsel, Season's Past, etc.

Undaunted is a shitty mechanic.
>>
>>55408393
>Thread Question: What cards do you use that you wouldn't due to budget if you had to re-buy them?
Palinchron, Gilded Lotus, Kess; pretty much anything I have that's worth >= $10
>>
File: Dex.png (2MB, 1323x1055px) Image search: [Google]
Dex.png
2MB, 1323x1055px
>>55408682
>>
>>55408393
>What is Doubling Season?
>Idyllic Tutor
>Scalding Tarns
>Damnation
>Lillianna, The Last Hope
>Jace, The Mind Sculptor
>Glimpse the Unthinkable
Cats are inexpensive to build outside purchasing the precon, but utility and searches are a bitch to find and expensive depending on your build. Blue and Black are just expensive as shit, though.
>>
File: is there too much blue.png (2MB, 1883x901px) Image search: [Google]
is there too much blue.png
2MB, 1883x901px
>>55408682
>>
Is Doran big butts fun or not? Someome has a good/fun deck list?
>>
>>55411485
fun story about that card
>friend recently gets into magic
>teach him of commander
>he buys an oloro lifegain deck because it's "powerful in 1v1"
>play him with a shu yun voltron deck
>I tell him how commander damage works
>he's all tapped out after a big play with 85 life
>Shu yun right now is 3/3 with double strike and shadow
>I slap the exoskeleton on him and swing through
>he marks 10 commander damage and asks if I pass turn
>I inform him I didn't actually cause him damage but he did just get 10 poison counters so he lost the game
>he refuses to play against that deck in a 1v1 again
I love voltron
>>
>>55411883
Last dude I played against with infect houseruled it up to 15 counters. I hear 20 sometimes too.
>>
>>55411822
doran prison/stax

>DickButts.dec
>>
>>55411980
reasonable, especially with double strike creatures.
but he only had one other turn to live if he couldn't kill shu in his next turn anyway.
>>
>>55411485
I run it in Ruric, it's fun.
>>
>>55411532
>B:remove defending player from the game
>>
>>55411883
>I inform him I didn't actually cause him damage
That's not true. You inflicted damage, Infect just replaces Life Loss from Damage with Poison Counters. If he had out a Melira he'd lose 0 life, have no poison, but still be marked with 10 commander.
>>
Mairsil worked, guys! A bit too well in fact, my opponents got super upset.

But then I played against randoms instead of my usual playgroup and just died to Terastodon being reanimated 4 times and destroying all my lands.

I was upset all night. But Mair worked!
>>
>>55411350
You're a man of good taste, i love karametra
>>
>>55412106
What combos did you use?
>>
>>55412217
The first game they scooped after I got Disk and Aetherling. Uril player was already upset because I landed a spellskite early on. I had a bunch of other cage stuff, but those three were important. Mercurial Chemister and Blighted Bat also did work.

Second game I landed a Kozilek early on. I had less cage stuff, but I had Steel Hellkite and they had no board.

The awful game against randoms playing Meren I got fuck all in cages and died like a bitch.
>>
>>55411617
i run shock, pain, filter, check, and battle. i would run fetches if i was loaded and will probably start picking them up over time. abur duals obviously not so much.

>>55411822
i just recently started fine tuning my doran list. so far it's clunky but fun. there are some cute interactions that really make it go off but lack of card draw and reliance on creatures keeps it a bit more craw worm than most of my decks. i think it benefits greatly from developing additional themes. if you can find two other angles that work well with the big butts you will end up with a much more interesting deck.
>>
>>55412387
Do you run Phyrexian Devourer/Sage of Hours?
>>
>cockatrice server issues stopped me from winning a 4 hour game

for fucks sake
>>
>>55412106
>>55412217
>>55412387
>>55412432

Following this because I have a Mairsil order coming in the mail. I have a rough idea with what I'm going to do with him.

Is there a card somewhere that says something along the lines of "Whenever opponent gains life opponent does not gain the life and you gain that life amount instead"?

Prefer it in creature or artifact form if possible.
>>
>>55412609
Nope. Only things I can find that have to do with opponents gaining life are Kavu Predator (+1/+1 counters), Punishing Fire (pay R to return to hand), and Tainted Remedy (make them lose the life instead)
>>
Tainted Remedy will probably be the closest to what I'm asking for.

Basically I have a way to give a target opponent infinite life, but I want to be able to respond to that with an instant that says something like "whenever an opponent gains life, I gain it instead" So that way I get the infinite life.
>>
Anyone else planning an Admiral Beckett Brass deck?

Trying to figure out what thematic stuff to put in, as well as all the Pirates.

Should I go with Xenograft/Adaptation/Conspiracy over actual Pirates?
I feel that would be pretty miserable, if perhaps a more powerful choice.
>>
>>55412763
You could do it in the slightly spicier way
Give your opponent Mairsil, then cast something that lets you control that player during their next turn. Then, Mairsil yourself to infinite life.
>>
>>55412825

Not bad, Mairsil + mindslaver or something.
>>
>>55412825

Actually, I responded too soon

>>55412842

Not sure that would work because if my opponent (that I'm controlling) has mairsil, the caged cards only see "cards you own", since the opponent does not own my caged cards I don't think this will work.
>>
>>55412842
Worst Fears also works since you don't want to cage mindslaver on your Mairsil if you're going to donate him
>>
>>55412817
Rishadan Brigand
Rishadan Footpad
Rishadan Cutpurse
Talas Explorer
Talas Researcher
Talas Warrior
>>
>>55412432
Nah, I cut all the counter stuff I originally had because A. Not a fan of that sort of thing and B. It ate up a lot of deckspace.

It probably would work fine, but yeah, I'm focusing on more T and Q.

>>55412609
You could always Magus of the Mirror or Soul Conduit.
>>
>>55412897
If you have anything else that exiles your cards as a cost, I recommend looking at Mirror of Fates.
>>
>>55412928
Just play half ass Doomsday? Could be fun. I don't care for Labman though so it'll probably not work. Clever thought though. Plus, if you get desperate you can use your cage pieces.

I need to clean up my list. Needs more gravehate and shit. Withered Wretch needs a slot, but I'll have to cut some big shitty demon like Minion of Lesh Rac and that kills me.
>>
>>55412961
Half-ass and repeatable Doomsday. Set up those <=7 cards with whatever you want, then flip back in cards from you deck because Mairsil was recast/revived/etc. Instead of using the Doomsday for the LabMan win, use it as a form of repeated deck stacking.
>>
>>55413002
Makes sense. I'll give it a try, but yeah, I feel I would need Devourer or similar to get it to work. Would be fun though.
>>
>>55413074
Devourer, Eater of the Dead, Aerial Caravan, Arc Slogger, Cabal Inquisitor, Cabal Patriarch, and Disciple of the Ring?
>>
Are there any cool tricks with Medomai the Ageless other then giving him Double Strike? After finding out Identity Thief doesn't combo quite as well as I thought I've been looking at other stuff to add in.
>>
>>55413113
I did say "Or similar". I do like a lot of those cards. Eater is a must have already. I need to find one. I need grave hate.

God, this sounds so janky and fun, but I know I won't be able to pull it off. Repeatable or not, you'll only get a few 18 cards like this before you can't cast Mair anymore. I know you're supposed to win if you stack your deck, but my decks aren't very good at that sort of thing.

I'll fuck around with my list. Honestly, I wanted to run some of these already. Just need to clean up.
>>
>before you can't cast Mair anymore
Go for one of many infinite mana combos.
>>
>>55413142
>>55413142
You could run Blade of Selves and Mirror Gallery.

Someone mentioned being able to get him into play attacking, but I don't know how.
>>
>>55413142
>Are there any cool tricks with Medomai the Ageless other then giving him Double Strike?
Gigadrowse for the memes, tap all the lands anyone could use for interaction and then slap double strike and a Grafted Exoskeleton on him.
>>
>>55413185
Yeah Mirror Gallery is in there so that on the chance I can get Identy Thief, Mirror Gallery and Medomai all out at the same time I can pull of the infinite turn combo. I'll add Blade of Selves to the list though because it'll also work well with some other creatures I've got.

Not sure about that get him into play attacking thing, but I guess there must have something to do with returning him to your hand and using something that lets you put him straight down attacking. No idea what card would be able to do that in UW colours though.
>>
>>55408780
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/747295#paper
this was my upgrade :)
fun deck
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>55408685
I love everything destruction
>>
>>55411657
i had an oloro deck and dismantled it for karlov, was a great decision I recommend it
>>
>>55410270
Holy fuck, when did it hit $30? I picked it up like two months ago just as trade filler from a guy.
>>
>>55411350
How do you run it? Mine is just about beating people with my lands.
>>
>>55413283
you can do so much better with this
>>
>>55413305
Thanks anon. Link to your Karl deck?
>>
File: Ashling.jpg (545KB, 1280x921px) Image search: [Google]
Ashling.jpg
545KB, 1280x921px
Who /burn/ in here? Fav commanders / pet cards?
>>
File: 1505526599936.jpg (71KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1505526599936.jpg
71KB, 960x720px
>>55413283
what happens if the only permanents you have have shroud?
>>
>>55413426

Jaya Ballard has some pretty sick activated abilities

Like ashling she goes well with basilisk collar and magebane armor
>>
>>55413440
It doesn't count as "targetting".

>>55413426
I've considered playing a burn commander, but I'm not sure who to choose/where to start.
>>
>>55413440
They were never targeted by anything retard.
>>
>>55413447
If you're typically playing in 4 player games, I'd focus on playing cards that gain value from those extra players. Neheb the Eternal's really good the more people there are in the game since you're playing spells that hit all players, which then makes your earthquakes bigger etc.

Or you can go Heartless Hidetsugu but he's pretty commonly hated out. I'd put him in the 99.
>>
>>55413510
Neheb looks fun. I could also run some MLD and stax with him, since he'd effectively be an alternate mana source on his own.
>>
File: hipster dick measuring contest.png (439KB, 438x699px) Image search: [Google]
hipster dick measuring contest.png
439KB, 438x699px
>>55408682
>>
>>55410640
Wizards copies get exiled, they don't die
>>
>>55413524
>Runic Thar
Good taste anon, nothing's more fun then managing to get him out early with some protection put on him.
>>
>>55413580
Goblin bombardment and ashnods seem manditory for that deck.
>>
File: I like tokens too much.png (1MB, 2369x486px) Image search: [Google]
I like tokens too much.png
1MB, 2369x486px
>>55408682
In retirement

>Omnath, Locus of Rage
Ramp/Elementals
>Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
Destroyed to make Bruse/Tana, thinking of bringing him back as B/T isn't as good as One Punch Dragon

In development
>Omnath, Locus of Mana
Tiny commander, though as soon as I began building it my local meta for Tiny died.
>Athreos, God of Passages
Jank deck centered around Shadowborn Apostles.
>Zedruu the Greathearted
Goat-Santa is going to give you ALL that cumulative upkeep fruitcake this Christmas.
>>
>>55413418
its probably meh but for my play group its pretty aggressive and dangerous. I've had much better luck with it compared to my Oloro

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/09-09-17-uncle-karl/

I have a lot of sideboards, maybe you'll see something I can add/ideas for yourself. Hope it helps.
>>
File: Anger.jpg (692KB, 850x715px) Image search: [Google]
Anger.jpg
692KB, 850x715px
>>55413680
>When you notice spelling errors in your own post.
>>
>>55411645
>Restock
Wildest Dreams is a strict upgrade.
>>
File: riddleform.jpg (47KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
riddleform.jpg
47KB, 265x370px
if i cast a spell during my upkeep, can i swing with this?
>>
>>55411485
Zendikar Resurgent in every green deck and Mystic Remora in every blue one
>>
>>55413792
Your upkeep is part of your turn so yes
>>
>>55413380
>Can't hit indestrucitble
>Have to deal combat damage
>Leave zero boardstate for yourself to recover unless your whole deck is built around it

Yeah, worldslayer is cool if you're running line Zurgo and want scorched earth. The two cards have different roles in different decks.
>>
>>55411741
Got a Mizzix decklist I could look at?
>>
>>55413927
Dude get with the times, you have a billion ways to equip shit for free, flash out the sword, cheat out the sword and a commander with flash that gives your board indestructible.
>>
File: Regrowths.png (6MB, 1228x2203px) Image search: [Google]
Regrowths.png
6MB, 1228x2203px
>>55413700
Yeah I'm not too familiar with more recent stuff. I compiled a list of similar effects tho for no real reason.
>>
How hard is it to make a Mairsil deck without it being too degenerative with infinite combos?
>>
Anyone else running or ran Spirit Tribal? I am trying to make one but I can't come up with anything that doesn't play like shit.
>>
>>55411437

I'm talking about flavor-wise, anon. The cat deck almost feels more like Equipment tribal than Cat tribal, which is a bit of a disappointment to me. If it was going to require a huge dose of equipment to make Cats viable, I'd rather they just do a non-meme tribe instead.
>>
>>55411383

The deck has Sanguine Bonds and a vampire that makes an opponent lose half their life and the vampire player gain that much life on ETB.
>>
>>55413680
Tell me about your goblin pope deck.
>>
>>55414798
Infinite combos are my sole win condition outside of Tree of Perdition.
People don't mind it so much because of how fucking janky spending all time caging shit and taping/untaping a single dude.
>>
>>55414808
Yeah, Oyobi's kinda okay but super slow. Also mono-white's super restrictive for spirit/arcane.

Options for commander I've been thinking of: Brago (many spirits have etbs), a Ghost Council, Karador, or O-Kagachi.
>>
>>55414860
That makes sense, what infinite combos do you use?
>>
>>55414872
I was thinking O-Kagachi for the ability to use everything or use Karador.
>>
>>55414823
I think you're talking about Blood Tribute for the second card. It's not a vampire, it's a sorcery that should totally be vampire tribal,
fuck you Wizard
that makes your opponent lose half his life rounded up and, if you tap a vampire, you gain that same amount
>>
>>55414872
>>55414890
The proper answer is Karador with Iname, Death Aspect to dump your deck in your grave.
>>
>>55414883
Sage/Anthroplasm is the more reliable on since I have a few other +1/+1 counter cards in there, thinking about removing Ventifact Bottle and Magistrate's Scepter in favor of some actual tutors instead of the janky "Draw X, Discard Y" cards I use since I don't have any charge counter cards besides those in the deck.
>>
>>55414903
Aren't you fucked if someone just Bojuka Bogs you?
>>
>>55414823
Really I don't think Sanguine Bond ever belongs in precons that are made for fun playing, it's the type of card that will mainly only be used for a quick wincon by exploiting the shear amount of life you can gain with some abilities.
>>
>>55414913
>wanting a deck that doesn't collapse at the slightest hint of interaction
reeeee spikes leave
>>
>>55414913
Every deck with with a reanimator strat is fucked by Crypt effects.
That's why you don't dump everything you have in there.
If you already have a bomb or two in play/the yard then keep that other bomb in your hand, there's no point in over extending unless they have a serious advantage on you.
>>
>>55415005
IT just sucks to have your deck completely demolished with 0 chance of recovery just by playing a land.
>>
>>55415005
>>55415010
there's a shitload of yard recycling at instant speed to protect your reanimation package. It's not like you can't build reanimator without a backup plan
also what >>55415009 said, same with creature strats, just don't overextend
>>
>>55414808
Well, i thought of making a spirit tribal deck and somehow I am between mono black spirit deck, bant spirit/arcanr decks with most cards from kamigawa or o-kagachi full kamigawa deck with some other good tribal spirits and maybe brago for interaction with etb effects.
>>
please post the comic about different magic formats with the guy setting on commander
>>
File: commander spikes.png (200KB, 400x1446px) Image search: [Google]
commander spikes.png
200KB, 400x1446px
>>55415212
here you go dude, original print
>>
>>55414120

Can you Rebound spells that Exile as they resolve?
>>
>>55415221
my man
>>
>>55412023
>>55411980
Not entirely reasonable, since access to infect creatures is extremely limited, and you still need to do 30 infect in order to actually win a game with it.
Houseruling it up to 15-20 is pretty much deciding to remove it from the format entirely, as commander damage is at 21, and you usually achieve victory the same way with both strategies (buffing a creature to lethal)
>>
>>55415270

Just looked it up. Oh well.
>>
>>55415327
Really, the best infect wincons have very little to do with infect creatures, and dealing more than ten damage is trivial in a lot of instances. For example, I run grafted exoskeleton in Uril, and if I'm dealing 10 infect damage, I'm probably dealing 15 or 20 infect damage at the same time.

Same goes for tainted strike and triumph of the hordes. They always lead to blow outs, and 15 infect doesn't really make a difference. The only thing 15 infect damage really stops is Skittles OTKing a single player, so it still needs to attack twice, but that's a really trivial thing to bitch about.
>>
>>55415221
please post the one with the panel where he walks past the empty legacy table
>>
>>55414902

Yup, that's the one, thanks anon.

>>55414975

Agreed. I'm honestly baffled as to why they put a one-turn instant kill into a precon. Just doesn't make sense.

>>55415221

To each their own and all that, but cEDH sounds beyond cancerous.
>>
File: 52.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
52.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
I enjoy this guy, especially in 1v1s since he can win out of nowhere, but he generally requires a fat hand to kill in one shot and also have protection and doesn't have a lot of slots for removal/silver bullets. I wouldn't run stuff above 3 cmc that can't be cast for free, there are 4 types of card in the deck: cheap ramp, +power, haste-enablers and evasions (half of which can be used for removal protection). Duel commader-wise, anything without hexproof isn't playable, so I won't bother.

Any tips?
>>
>>55415621
And if you really get OTK'ed by Skittles, you have nobody but yourself to blame. You've known what his gameplan is from the start, and been given plenty of time to prepare.
>>
>>55415700
I remember my most played tiny leader deck was Shu-Yun.

The list is probably a bit outdated, but maybe it can help you out somewhere.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-01-15-shu-yun-the-tiny-leader/
>>
Weird question but is it stupid to feel sentimental about card sleeves?

I still have my KMC sleeves from like 6 years ago on my first deck since I started with it but they're really wavy on the top so it's probably time to replace them. It will just feel weird to use something else for the deck
>>
>>55415765
In tiny leaders he is curbstomp-tier since he barely needs anything above 3 mana. I'm wondering about 40hp multiplayer where you are pretty much forced to win via commader damage with him. I don't know if Zada would be better, since she allows for a one-turn wipeout but requires token producers and is mono-R which is much worse than Jeskai
>>
>>55415782
>Is It stupid to feel sentimental about card sleeves?
absolutely - your cards are what you should feel sentimental about
also new KMC's are garbage - avoid like the plague. tried ultra pro eclipse and they're /okay/ but already feel dirty/not as smooth after 2 commander sessions on a brand new playmat - whereas the old KMC still feel new after dozens if not more.
Is it time I switched to dragon shields? Do they fit double sleeves?
>>
>>55415955
Dragonshield matte are awesome and fit double sleeves
>>
>>55415738
Depends on how. A t1 Skittles off a dark ritual and mana crypt is backbreaking, and one of my favorite plays. The most disheartening is casting it after a nev's disk, or toxic deluge, and I actually tutored for it with Endrek Sahr as my commander for some spicy self Mill into dread return shenanagians. Eldrazi monument is particularly dickish.
>>
>>55415221
i love how this comic implies you cant be competitive and have fun. some salty timmy must have drawn this when he was mega ass blasted that his weird tribal deck didnt work
>>
What are some sac outlets for bant? My wallet cant handle most of the popular ones
>>
>>55415990
I dunno. It also mocks everybody.
>>
>>55415955
Yeah dragon shields have a ton of space double sleeving, I use the dragon sleeve inner sleeves.

Also I have Eclipses and they still feel smooth as fuck, I'm just not a fan of the front making the card art not stand out as much
>>
>>55416002
Ashnod's Altar
>>
>>55415990
He had all reasons to be assblasted if he built the fun jank he always wanted to try only to face modern or vintage singleton all over again
>>
>>55415955
I went back to dragonshields after KMC became trash. Their durability is the best on the market, and I have everything double sleeved.

Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Fuck you, lemme shill for dragonshields
>>
>>55416031
>go to public playing area like an LGS
>get ass blasted that people there dont play the way you want

if you want to play your "fun jank" against other "fun jank" find a play group and stay at home with them
>>
File: 1504357557977.jpg (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1504357557977.jpg
247KB, 1920x1080px
>>55415984
>>55416011
>>55416038
thanks anons
>>
>>55416002
birthing pod, altar of dementia, evolutionary leap, ooze garden, scourge of skola vale, greater good, martyr's cause, blasting station, fanatical devotion.
>>
File: 126443_200w.jpg (26KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
126443_200w.jpg
26KB, 200x285px
this goes infinite with mikaeus right? i dont have a triskelion
>>
>>55416217
no it does not because mikaeus gives it +1 +1.
>>
>>55416234
but then you can just remove it right?
>>
>>55416217
>>55416234
>>55416244
It goes infinite since you can remove the last +1/+1 counter on Walking Ballista to shoot itself for 1 damage, killing it and returning it.

What you do with your infinite sac loop is up to you, but you won't be killing anyone else with it unless you have a third card.
>>
>>55416244
>non human creatures you control get +1/+1 and have undying

so it comes back with a +1/+1 counter, after you remove said counter it is still a 1/1.
>>
>>55416267
yeah true, I was assuming he meant in the same fashion that mikaeus and triskelion go infinite.
>>
>>55416064
t:Spike homosexual
>>
>>55416285
he most likely did, it just doesn't kill your opponents since it doesn't enter with more than 1 counter.
>>
>>55416272
>>55416267

but once you remove the +1+1 wouldnt it just die cause it has 0 power?
>>
File: 70[1].jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
70[1].jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>55416440
Take a moment to read 100% of Mikaeus' abilities.
>>
>player 1 can give himself infinite life whenever
>player 2 can deal infinite damage

what happens in this case?
>>
>>55416492
wait until someone mills out
>>
>>55416492
Can either do them in response to the other?
>>
>>55416460
ahh ok i see the reason trisk can do it is cause it has enough +1+ to kill itself then come back and ping for 2 more damage
>>
>>55416505
welp

>>55416515
yes
>>
>>55415990
>edh
>the most casual format of all time
>made for the sole reason to run junk cards and have fun while showing off your shiny collectibles
Fucking tryharding spikes.
>>
>>55416520
Then infinite damage guy kills everyone other than infinite life guy, then they need to agree to play without just spamming life/damage at each other until something changes.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (172KB, 1573x532px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
172KB, 1573x532px
>>55416521
>>the most casual format of all time
>>made for the sole reason to run junk cards and have fun while showing off your shiny collectibles
but thats wrong you literal retard
>>
>>55416560
>commander
>origin of edh
end yourself.
>>
>>55416581
>i will pretend to be retarded, that will show him
>>
File: cresent fresh.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cresent fresh.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>55416581
That is quite literally the original website of the format made by the creators of the format you dip shit.
>>
>>55416560
>gentleman's agreement
What do you fucking think this is? An agreement to be boring ass tryhard in a social environment? Or an agreement to keep your madskills in check not to ruin everybody's fun?
>>
>>55410036
Could you guys give me a hand here?
>>
>>55416627
>>gentleman's agreement
>What do you fucking think this is?
whatever the fuck you want it to be because it isnt explicitly stated and open to the interpretation of the individual/group. holy fuck you are one dumb mother fucker can you even read your cards or does your play group have to do that for you?
>>
>>55416603
>>55416616
That's not how edh started. It wasn't a bunch guys trying to make friends, philosophy of commander =/= origin of edh. Although I did expect that people here would know that of all places.
>>
>>55413949
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/spellslinger-mizzix-3/

Not my deck, belongs to a friend of mine. X burnand counters are damn good and hurt like a bitch while boosting xp counters. Mindswipe burns and counters.
>>
File: IMG_2640.png (114KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2640.png
114KB, 223x311px
>>55416652
Ok
>>
>>55416682
Not many people know that nowadays. Most people doesn't even know why 21 commander damage is lethal.
>>
>>55416492
The defensive infinite wins. I have no idea where the rule is but I think it is an official rule. Infinite damage to an infinitely large creature won't kill it.
>>
>>55416682
Alright professor, give us a history lesson and cite your sources.
>>
>>55414913
Going full reanimation is like going full retard.
>>
>>55416702
Isn't it because its over half a player initial life?
>>
>>55416730
i'm not paid to be your particular professor, google exists, educate yourself.
>>
File: 113.jpg (216KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
113.jpg
216KB, 672x936px
What are some cards where a small amount of sacrificing gives you a lot of benefit, e.g. pic related?
>>
>>55416745
Tough luck getting anyone to buy your bullshit then.
>>
>>55416702
Its cause you must be at least 21 to play edh
>>
>>55416735
It's because the format was supposed to use one of the Elder Dragons as your commander, and since all of them had 7 power, 3 clear swings with them would be game over. But with the tweak of the rules, they changed it to 21 commander damage.
>>
>>55410036
>I just feel like im not doing enough with the deck in the early turns

Have you considered that's because you have like 3 one drops and almost all your 2 drops are removal?

Your deck isn't doing anything early game because you haven't got any spells to cast early game. You answered your own question in your post, and its why people aren't saying anything.

If you want to do stuff early then actually put stuff you can play early in your deck you goon.
>>
>>55416745
>Makes claims
>Won't back them up

This is exactly why nobody is willing to hire you as a professor.
>>
>>55416761
>>55416794
If you guys know more than me, why don't you prove with sources how did EDH start? Why the elder dragons specifically? Why is it singletons? What was the inventors association with wotc?

When you find the answer to those questions, you will know that I was telling the truth.
>>
>>55416844
>why don't you prove with sources how did EDH start?

I'm not the one who made a claim to know about how EDH started, professor. You'd think someone like you would understand the concept of burden of proof.
>>
>>55416761
>>55416794
Read a book nigger. His sources were linked in the goddamn OP of this thread. The rules and goals of EDH have changed since the inception of the format. Check out some changelogs and shit you fucking goon.
>>
>>55410036
CHampion of wits, sea gate oracle, merchant of secrets. Dont devalue these guys cause they are tiny "draw one" wizards, you need good valued wizards that can be dumped into your graveyard as soon as possible. I have gone games that drag on with nothing in my toolbox cause inalla was built to greedily. Put those guys back in
>>
>>55416657
>All these guidelines written just to point out there is no guidelines
I'm the dumb one indeed. Please educate yourself on the meaning of words before you start to assign meanings that are convenient to you
>>
>>55416935
Thanks for the help, outside of fetches what could i do with the mana base? should i add signets?
>>
>>55417269
Definitely run Signets. Inalla is very mana hungry, and signets also fix your colors. Maybe cut some of the more situational instant/sorceries like Into the Roil, Comet Storm, and Polymorphist's Jest.
>>
>>55417188
>says the idiot who tried to say the guidelines ABSOLUTELY means you HAVE to use ONLY jank and NEVER try and win

why all the hypocrisy?
>>
>>55416682
Wasn't it started by a bunch of judges as something to do for fun after tournaments?
>>
>>55417434
It literally does, no matter how defensive you get. I hope you never leave you basement where you can play solitaire all you want
>>
Best commander to build artifacts
>>
File: Grimlock_Front.jpg (14KB, 203x249px) Image search: [Google]
Grimlock_Front.jpg
14KB, 203x249px
I'm a big TF fan and want to build a deck using this guy. Anyone have any suggestions of what all I should toss in a deck with Grimlock as my commander?
>>
>>55417538

I think daretti might be the best

If not him than arcum, sharuum, or breya most likely
>>
File: Grimlock-Ferocious-King.png (290KB, 331x533px) Image search: [Google]
Grimlock-Ferocious-King.png
290KB, 331x533px
>>55417553
Here is his other side.
>>
What's a good commander for clone or theft tribal? I'm currently thinking of The Scarab God, Temmet (Vizier of Naktamun) or Yasova Dragonclaw, but I also worry about the effectiveness of such a deck. Are they fun? Is there anything I should know about how they play?
>>
>>55417533
>It literally does

i dont think you know what literally means, perhaps you should google the meaning of things before you speak, you justend up looking like a retard

no think really hard before you answer this, where on the official commander page does it say you have to use jank and you cant want to win? dont worry, ill wait for you to find it
>>
>>55417553

>suggestions

Neck yourself

Jk jk, uhh ramp and mana fixing for that turn 3 grimlock, all the playable dinosaurs and vehicles you can find. Deck builds itself doesn't it?
>>
File: 47273_200w.jpg (27KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
47273_200w.jpg
27KB, 200x285px
>>55417573
When some anon told me about this card I literally rebuilt my clone tribal around it.
>>
>>55417497
Iirc, it was judges playing in a game store, one of the biggest ones in north america. There wasn't any format where they could use the cards that they would get from wotc, so they made up one.
>>
If I activate the activated ability of artifact that is caged with mairsil, would kurkesh be able to copy that ability for 1 red mana ?
>>
>>55417614
I guess I at least remembered correctly that it was judges.
>>
>>55417595
>being casual means not wanting to win
Competitivefags everyone.
>>
>>55417619

No
>>
>>55417622
that is LITERALLY and i mean actually literally what my original point was you utter fucking moron

please kill yourself so there is no possible way that you will ever reproduce
>>
>>55417619
Is Mairsil and artifact?
>>
Pulled an invocation locust god from one of my prize packs last night, which i'm pretty sure is a sign that I should build the deck.
Just throw in all the wheel of fortune effects I can get my hands on, and then some stuff like impact tremors and goblin bombardment?
Been a while since I had an EDH deck put together.
>>
>>55417595
>no think really hard
Never did, don't worry

>where on the official commander page does it say
Retards are also legally allowed to play magic, and that's the only reason you had any chance, but people aren't likely to enjoy playing with the mentally challenged. So the gentlemen agreement is about letting them play with one another instead
>>
>>55417701
pretty much, also lab man + kindred discovery, skullclamp and ashnods altar/phyrexian altar and niv mizzet and curiosity.
>>
>>55417787
so you are saying people can play EDH however the hell they want? please pick a stance anon, you keep contradicting yourself
>>
File: MTG Formats.png (243KB, 400x1700px) Image search: [Google]
MTG Formats.png
243KB, 400x1700px
>>55415623
>>
>>55417603
I appreciate the feedback, and that is what I'm doing. But I'm just not that familiar with any RWG multicolored cards that might be a good add to the deck. I dont need EVERYTHING to be a dino or vehicle, though most will. Im sure there are other cards out there that would be solid adds as well, I'm just not super familiar with a lot of sets.
>>
>>55417789
I kind of forgot that Lab manic exists. Might as well play enter the infinite at that point too.
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I have some of those cards lying around somewhere.
>>
>>55417868
>I kind of forgot that Lab manic exists.
You live in a strange but beautiful world.
>>
>>55417907
I'm mostly pauper and legacy. Didn't really have a regular EDH group before now.
And I don't think that I've actually ever seen oops or doomsday in person, delvers all the way down.
>>
>>55418000
>pauper and legacy
Doesn't add up
>>
>>55418152
Hahaha, I wouldn't worry about it...

It's a good playgroup, anon, you should come out and join us some time.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/07-09-17-saskia-the-unyielding/

Any advice I can get here for my 4-color goodstuff deck? The idea is to be greedy with mana accelerating cards, draw cards, and non-blue "counter" effects to establish a powerful board and use Saskia to try and kill the table in one combat step.
>>
>>55418464
>non-blue "counter" effects
Look at Mana Tithe, Lapse of Certainty, Artifact Blast, Avoid Fate, Bind, Brown Ouphe, Burnout, Dawn Charm, Equinox, Frontline Medic, Guttural Response, Illumination, Pyroblast, Red Elemental Blast, Rebuff the Wicked, Rust, and Withering Boon
>>
File: cmd-72-attrition.jpg (226KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
cmd-72-attrition.jpg
226KB, 672x936px
>>55416751
>>
>>55417830
Mirari's Wake
Beastmaster Ascension
Gratuitous Violence
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight because she's good.
Anything to give haste like Fires of Yavimaya, Fervor, or the excellent Akroma's Memorial.
Kamahl, Fist of Krosa to overrun your dinos and also blow up motherfuckers' lands if someone wraths.
>>
>>55418920
Maybe an Asceticism or Privileged Position for good measure.
>>
File: 120.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
120.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
Is there much room for improving Ad Nauseam Sidisi? It seems that it all comes up to whether your opponent has blue - if he does, you have very slim chances and if he doesn't you'll most likely win?

I'm interested in it as a side gig and already own black mana sources and easy storm cards, but not stuff like Mana Crypt, Chrome Mox etc, partly because I play mtgo banlist duels occasionally
>>
>>55419046
There's not a lot of room, it's a one-trick pony meme deck. You can go insane on mana-positive effects and try to fire it off earlier, when counter wall is unlikely to be up, but essentially it does one thing exactly as it looks.
>>
>>55418152
Pauper can get pretty hardcore.
People assume all commons would make it a "weak" format but all it does is slow things down a bit.
>>
>>55419099
What I mean is, what if an opponent knows what's up when he sees Sidisi in the command zone? Then the counter wall will always be up and there is nothing you can really do to win, unless you dismantle his hand with 1 cmc discard or draw into Boseiju+Cavern

Maraleen is clearly a meme because of the symmetry and inability to act EOT, but this seems to earn a lot of points in cEDH, and they've got all kinds of degenerate shit
>>
>>55418152
Most decks run banned or restricted legacy cards in pauper, it doesnt really hild true so much these days but the common rarity has a fuck load of power in it across magic
>>
How does Mairsil interact with Level Up creatures?
>>
>GW commander deck with black sleeves and a red mana force of will deck box

Who /damaged/ here
>>
>>55419406
she gains the level up ability!

And nothing else.
>>
>>55419417

Vorthos' gonna freak!
>>
>>55419426
So if he caged Echo Mage, he wouldn't gain the fork abilities?
>>
New Thread

>>55419456
>>55419456
>>55419456
>>55419456
>>
File: 1502494483474.png (554KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502494483474.png
554KB, 400x600px
>>55419426
>she
>>
>>55419417
I keep my Pokemon decks in Magic sleeves, my Magic decks in Megaman sleeves, and my Force of Will decks in 40K sleeves.
>>
>>55419459
He would gain 1U: Level Up

>>55419476
Yeah, muh bad.
>>
File: Muh decks.png (2MB, 1560x492px) Image search: [Google]
Muh decks.png
2MB, 1560x492px
>>55408682
I've had these decks for a while since I haven't spent money on this game for almost half a year now. Been thinking of building something from Kamigawa, maybe something staxish. I also still wanna build Iname as One spirit tribal at some point.

>>55411617
I always run fetches and shocks, since I've got palysets of all of them for modern. Aside from that I mostly just use whatever I can get in trades. A combination of temples, checks, fastlands, filters, pains, battlelands, handlands, and some of the cheaper OG duals, plus some utility and 5C lands. I also run a single triland in all my 3C decks (even though I probably shouldn't).
>>
>>55419533
That's unfortunate. I guess I could cage Uyo or Nivix Guildmage for a similar effect, but if I cage Uyo, I pretty much need to also cage Patron of the Moon or Dreamscape Artist.
>>
>>55419559
>Kamigawa
>Staxish

Run Patron of the Moon.
>>
>>55419559
>poor little red lord
>>
>>55419576
Best thing to cage is Quicksilver Elemental and Mirage Mirror
>>
>>55419637
Lovisa's a pretty rad lord. Big boost and haste.

>[muffled Hazezon Tamar in the distance]
>>
>want to play bant
>no noble heirach
>no bloom tender
Guess ill go fuck myself
>>
>>55419701
There's so many other mana dorks and rocks, are those two really going to make or break your deck?
>>
>>55419640
If he targets himself with Quicksilver, what happens?
>>
>>55408834
Just throw in Infernal Denizen. Let's you take others shit.
No way to Cage others shit.
>>
>>55419986
Wonderful things.
>>
>>55418920
>>55418940
Thx anon, I'll check these out!
>>
>>55417606
How do you like it? Do you become Public Enemy No. 1 once Riku appears? What's the best/worst parts about him?
>>
>>55420102
Like what? Does he get unlimited access to all of his activated abilities, or just a second one?
>>
>>55419487
>FoW decks in 40k sleeves
you me?
>>
>>55420637
I use Eldar sleeves, and mainly play Ancient Magic, Stealth, or reanimator decks. You?
>>
>>55417573
Lazav can work pretty good for a clone/theft tribal that has a mill subtheme. Plus Blue and Black are the best colours for those kinds of spells.
>>
>>55419722
Yes
>>
>>55417573
Keiga. Speaking of which, new keiga looks pretty good, but old keiga is still great. Which should i aim for?
>>
File: both.gif (941KB, 398x223px) Image search: [Google]
both.gif
941KB, 398x223px
>>55421858
>>
>>55421994
>one as commander, another as clone token
Even on page 10, you give the right answers, anon
>>
>>55417553
All the new ixalan dinos, archangel avacyn, kythion iora, looter scooter, heart of kiran, and brave the sands are must gets.
>>
>>55421316
Someone around here already has a Lazav deck, but it's more voltron than clone or theft.

>>55421858
That's some spicy tech. Come to think of it, Kokusho in a clone-centric deck would be silly too. Then put on Followed Footsteps...
>>
>>55422670
>kicked rite of replication on kokusho
Also welcome to page 11.
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.