[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

0ne on one quest needed for player

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

a player of mine can finally make it to a one on on session meant to improve his character. but i can't fucking think of any ideas.

The players barely there but hes a good guy, the character? the only thing anyone knows including me, is hes a mercenary, has a magic sword, has a pet drake the size of a pony.

were in the largest city in the realm and he was split from the party for a couple days. but i just can't think of what i can do to push this player/character to do more/improve

help me out a bit please? anything
>>
Hired to do some shit.
>>
He meets a lion that is explicitly an homage to Jesus Christ and has to fight against an evil queen who kidnapped his kid brother.
>>
>>55404955
i mean to be fair, i did say anything
>>
Dragon pony gets kidnapped. Why
A) someone wants their own Dragon poby
B) he wants to kill the Dragon pony
C) he wants to fuck the Dragon pony
D) he's gonna sell the Dragon pony
>>
>>55405148
i feel like I'm just dangling a carrot or something because the last time i tried to do one of these quests was because his Drake was in danger. the player never showed up, but is that repeating the same hook basically?

how can i turn this into a growing experience or should i just scrap that idea?
>>
>>55405217

>growing experience

Hey, stupid mother fucker.

If you to ask other people how to make a person grow then you need to say what the person is lacking.
>>
>>55405275
hey, pleasant person

do you ever speak aloud to help yourself think? thats mostly what I'm doing there. I'm trying to figure this out because i want my player to still have fun.

also,
> the only thing anyone knows including me, is hes a mercenary, has a magic sword, has a pet drake the size of a pony.

^ would imply he doesnt talk and interact much...so theres reading my OP for starters
>>
>>55403892
Let's talk rewards! When people go on quests and shit they wants to get stronger and to look at a souvenir to remember the quest.

Give the fucker some shit.
There's the easy baseline shit like a new magic sword, magic armor, magic shield, magic Dragon armor Motherfuckers!!

But like you could give a non physical thing too of you want, I know my GM likes giving powers instead of magic items, he says trinkets are lame, I say giant magic swords are cool
>>
>>55405373

>would imply he doesnt talk and interact much...so theres reading my OP for starters
>I rely on implications instead of actually saying what I want

Well it's good to know you are a dumbass and a coward.

Also bonus points for literally admitting you are thinking out loud and still being indignant that people are confused by your brain vomit.

The nature of a one on one game will naturally cause him to think more about his character. Just make sure to have some moments of "what do you do" or "do you help them"? Asking specifically "what do you say" also helps a lot for them to flesh out their character. If they don't have a backstory, ask them if its okay if you can fill in some details for them during the game. Have a brother or cousin come into town. He and the character have grown up together and are very good friends that write often.
>>
>>55405470
Glad to see an anon being so helpful and kind to someone and totally not be condescending here on /tg/ when someone is asking for help. Its so rare that people can pull their heads out of their ass to be this kind. Have a nice day.

OP ignore his cheeto encrusted shitpost, but that second part is good advice
>>
>>55405422
Okay so i actually was considering improving his magic sword to give it a new effect. he hasn't been in combat much so i dont know how he fights just yet so I'm weary to flop a grand new effect on.

Its that or give him some kind of healing power because even if its not grand its something the party can use occasionally.

maybe i give him like a treasure map that leads him to his next one on one quest? lets see...
>>
>>55405470
welp, sorry dude, I'm not trying to start some shit. cool it.

Aside from that, fine, heres what issue i think he has

1. no backstory at all
2. does not interact with people or the party often
3. i cannot peg a motivation for his character, but i have not asked him yet so maybe ill get it later
>>
>>55405470
>I rely on implications instead of actually saying what I want
>Well it's good to know you are a dumbass and a coward.

Well its good to know you're too stupid to know what isn't explicitly told to you.

here lets make this easy for you. pull that massive didlo out of your ass and think for once in your goddamned life instead of just shouting angrily at the internet
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.