[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 450
Thread images: 67

Still the Good Guys edition
Old >>55400325
>>55397110

>daily duncan (hes back!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CkdCVD-0lg [Embed]
>GW FAQs (1.1):
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
https://mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
https://mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-Anon!)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
Shameless auto bump cause i guess people don't like 40k.

I am going to start converting mt CSM into Alpha legion.

I want my dudes to have some nice, theme related, baroque armor. What would be some good suggestions for conversion bits that have proper Alpha legion/ Hydra/ Reptile motif?
>>
File: primarisreivers.png (80KB, 175x248px) Image search: [Google]
primarisreivers.png
80KB, 175x248px
*plays CS:GO for seven hours straight*
*polishes collection of airsoft guns*
*listens to Skrillex at full volume*
*faves TortureDevice deviantart drawings*
*gets mad at liberals on the internet*
*speaks Estonian*
>>
File: Alpharius.jpg (210KB, 1000x1363px) Image search: [Google]
Alpharius.jpg
210KB, 1000x1363px
>>55402263
The DV Chosen allways looked very AL to me. Just proxy their strange boltguns as combibolters maybe? The raptor special weapons are baroque i think.
>>
>just want to read a bit of 40kg after work
>another thread fuck-up

I hate and love all of you at the same time
>>
Bumping cause other thread is garbage.

Emperor's true sons saving the day, as usual.
>>
>>55402272
That mini just screams "my name is not important, what's important is what I'm going to do"
>>
Why does FW have such varied quality for their models?
>>
File: alpha-legion.jpg (365KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
alpha-legion.jpg
365KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>
File: i sleep.jpg (239KB, 727x305px) Image search: [Google]
i sleep.jpg
239KB, 727x305px
>>55402344
>>
>>55402498
not really, I'm getting a Zardonic vibe from him, not an Iperyt vibe.
>>
File: 14620b2ccefcad645361f6c599051a4a.jpg (672KB, 754x1100px) Image search: [Google]
14620b2ccefcad645361f6c599051a4a.jpg
672KB, 754x1100px
Truth lies in the shadows of war my friends.

Here's your Snake armor and Stalker bolter.
>>
>>
Pic is me, looking at the other thread.
>>
>>
You can summon after disembarking.
>>
>>
I'm brainstorming a force of catachans that ran out of spare parts on a death world and, being the badass montherfuckers they are, decided to bolt armor and guns to the local wildlife and use them as substitutes for their borked vehicles. So a bunch of monsters with 40k gear stuck to them that are counts-as for my armor.

I'm thinking an AoS bastiladon with all the shit on top replaced by an armored compartment with the cannon as a Leman Russ, that kind of thing. Some kinda flying dragon or big-ass bird for valkyries, ground-bound dragons for hellhounds because of fire breath.

What would be a good replacement for sentinels? They're such an odd size to find a proxy for. It doesn't need to be exact since you measure from the base on sentinels.
>>
>>55402802
this needs an faq.
>>
File: 1505430883487.jpg (70KB, 635x502px) Image search: [Google]
1505430883487.jpg
70KB, 635x502px
Fuck you for nuking the proper thread with your autism.

Anyway.

Ideas for a homebrew renegades warband for Chaos Space Marines? In terms of fluff, gods, tactics? I'm open to a lot.
>>
>>
>>55402815
Cold Ones?
>>
File: 1493668555430.jpg (25KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
1493668555430.jpg
25KB, 432x432px
Today is gonna suck for generals, huh?
>>
>>55402834

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Space_Marine_Warband_Creation_Tables

Have fun.
>>
File: IMG_20170915_014324.jpg (2MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170915_014324.jpg
2MB, 2160x3840px
How'd I do
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>55402853
Ty senpai.
Renegades then.

Why did they fall? (Renegades only) (d100)
>>
Tech cult of morons funded and taught by the alpha legion/cia. Yay/nay?
>>
>>55402802
>>55402832
Please stop.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>55402868
>The Marines began indulging in the heretical and eventually became consumed by it.

Who was the Warband's Progenitor? (Renegade non-Legion Descendants only)(d100)
>>
>>55402499
Because resin models are cast essentially by hand in rubber molds. Errors are a lot easier because humans are more involved in the process. The Plastic injection molding in normal GW stuff is almost entirely mechanized, so errors are much rarer. Plus the materials are less tempermental.
>>
>>55402869
Very yay.

No reason to not have something along that line.

Alpha Leg. needs tanks too.
>>
So I've decided I'm going to use circular movement trays for my Orcs next game. There's nothing in the rules that says you can't use movement trays as long as I use the bases for the models and it will make it quicker to move my 150+ boyz , allows them to more easily squeeze into cover and it's not like templates, LOS or even have the actual models matters in 8E lol.
>>
>>55402865
Gud/10
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>55402882
>The Marines began indulging in the heretical and eventually became consumed by it.
>Ultramarines

Devotion to the Ruinous Powers (d10)
>>
>>55402848
They'd be better for Rough Riders

>>55402815
The Stormcast DemiDragons jump out to me. Pic related.
>>
>>55402882
I am grabbing my popcorn now, anon. I look forward to watching your legions fall in front of my eyes.
>>
>>55402880
(You) are him and it shouldn't even be a disagreement. You've been proven wrong and are constantly spamming for replies.
That's why you should be banned. Your constant and blatant shitposting, my friendo.
>>
>>55402897
I support it. My Orkz buddy is buying some trays for the same reason.
>>
>>55402834
>Ideas for a homebrew renegades warband for Chaos Space Marines? In terms of fluff, gods, tactics?

Here's what I wanted to do with a renegade chapter. Two tactics, more gimmicks than anything

1: Fling Helbrutes across the map. With Advance+Charge they can cover a lot of ground and with CCW+Power Scourge they can beat the hell out of most vehicles/elite infantry/characters if they get the charge. I'd run two, run them up the board, and then have a Jump Pack/Terminator Sorcerer deep strike in to Warptime one that can charge a priority target and get a 1st turn charge.

2: Chaos Lord with Jump Pack/Terminator Armor and 2 Plasma Pistols/Combi Plasma, 2 Raptor Squads each with Plasma Gun x 2 and Aspiring Champ with 2 Plasma Pistols/Combi Plasma. Pretty obvious, just drop down near a likely target and fire off 14 overcharged plasma shots with rerolled 1s to hit. Even before Slaanesh stratagem double tap thats a lot of shooting.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>55402913
>Ultramarines
>Loathed. Many of, if not all, the marines in the warband refuse to see Chaos as an ally and shun those who submit themselves to it, realizing the dangers of Chaos' ever-shifting nature.

What form do the Chapters' beliefs take? (d100)
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>55402931
Reroll, since my Legion hates Gods
>>
File: Decepticon warband.jpg (1MB, 1420x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Decepticon warband.jpg
1MB, 1420x1440px
>>55402834
I was thinking about an undivided Decepticon themed warband a while back with lots of purple plasma guns and DinoBots. You're welcome to it.
>>
>>55402952
nice
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>55402944
>Fall: The Marines began indulging in the heretical and eventually became consumed by it.
>Descend from: Ultramarines
>Attitude to Chaos: Loathed. Many of, if not all, the marines in the warband refuse to see Chaos as an ally and shun those who submit themselves to it, realizing the dangers of Chaos' ever-shifting nature.
>Beliefs: Battle is Glory - To fight on the battlefield is the greatest thing in life. The best warriors are held above all others, and to fight without grandeur is pathetic.

Warband Demeanor (d10)
>>
>>55402919
Literally wasn't him. The only reason people do this shit is because tg is easy to troll and they sperg out and accuse random people of being the spammer.
>>
>>55402869
These dweebs work anon?
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>55402970
>Fall: The Marines began indulging in the heretical and eventually became consumed by it.
>Attitude to Chaos: Loathed. Many of, if not all, the marines in the warband refuse to see Chaos as an ally and shun those who submit themselves to it, realizing the dangers of Chaos' ever-shifting nature.
>Beliefs: Battle is Glory - To fight on the battlefield is the greatest thing in life. The best warriors are held above all others, and to fight without grandeur is pathetic.
>Demeanor: Honour Amongst Thieves. Despite being evil and cruel individuals, these Marines have a strong sense of brotherhood. Many would never even consider betraying their fellow warriors an option, and would even sacrifice themselves to save a friend's life.

Figure of Legend (d100)
>>
>each Forgeworld got their own rules

A-are we going to get Prosperine cults boys?
>>
File: 100_1397.jpg (241KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
100_1397.jpg
241KB, 1280x960px
>see you space cowboy
>>
Let's talk about named characters, /40kg/. People have been referring to 8th as the edition for named characters, or Herohammer. Seemingly gone are the days of Smashfucker and other generics, with the big names in fluff being often irreplaceable if not outright auto-takes. Of course, it varies -- a nameless Tau Commander gives you much more bang for your buck compared to Farsight or Shadowsun, but Typhus is strictly superior to his generic counterpart and there's simply nothing that even comes close to Guilliman.

It's easy to see the underlying reasons why, of course. With this edition having a stronger narrative bent you need some faces on the fluff. Fans of the characters might prefer to take them even if they aren't the most efficient. And on a more cynical note, they do sell well and for more.

But then, this is a hobby of which a large part is /yourdudes/. WAAC players won't care, but for many having your own painstakingly detailed character (or unit in general) stomped into the dirt by the snowflakes over and over.

What do you think? Do you want less named characters? More? Just more options for generics? Or is it whatever to you?
>>
>>55402988
So you admit he's a spammer?
Therefore he should be banned. Thanks for agreeing with me.
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>55402998
>Demeanor: Honour Amongst Thieves. Despite being evil and cruel individuals, these Marines have a strong sense of brotherhood. Many would never even consider betraying their fellow warriors an option, and would even sacrifice themselves to save a friend's life.
>Warband Legend: Champion of your choice.

Deeds of Legend (d100)
>>
>>55402878
I agree with you anon, I just want an faq because gw needs to understand the lack of basic reading comprehension within their player base.
>>
File: 1407675788878.jpg (216KB, 900x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1407675788878.jpg
216KB, 900x1022px
>>55402970
>>55402970
Looks like Blood god material anon. Keep 'er going.
>>
>>55402865
Looks great.
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>55403018
>Deed of Legends: The hero corrupted nearly an entire sector of planets, causing the populations of them to fall to Chaos. If your warband loathes Chaos, he instead managed to get entire sectors to violently rebel against Imperium rule, throwing them into total anarchy.

Warband Homeworld (d100)
>>
File: 1504759738243.jpg (305KB, 726x733px) Image search: [Google]
1504759738243.jpg
305KB, 726x733px
Is it a valid strategy for Death Guard to just do the death march down the board in a big clump? Or would they get gunned down too fast?

I was thinking Poxwalkers+Typhus+Blighthaulers to give them all fire support and cover saves, with Typhus using his devilmagic to buff his zombie squad and Blighthaulers.

A lot of my local meta is stationary gunlines so I was thinking get their mortar tank or two for long range indirect bombardment, and maybe like some plague marine squads with a Plaguecaster in rhinos, or teleport strike terminators, or maybe some bloatdrones for flanking and taking on targets outside the gunline.

Seems really fun to shamble my poxwalkers across the board at 4 inches per turn, until I can ram them into the enemy gunline and pop the "all units that die within seven inches turn into poxwalkwers" stratagem.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>55403039
>Deed of Legends: The hero corrupted nearly an entire sector of planets, causing the populations of them to fall to Chaos. If your warband loathes Chaos, he instead managed to get entire sectors to violently rebel against Imperium rule, throwing them into total anarchy.
>Homeworld: Space Hulk

Combat doctrine (d10)
>>
>>55402848
>>55402914
Cold Ones are actually a super-common sub for rough riders, yeah.

The demidragons are a little *too* fantastical, I think, and a bit big. I guess I could cover all the fancy armor with the makeshift stuff I had in mind, though.
>>
>>55402344
Hydra Dominatus?
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>55403058
>Combat Doctrine: Death from Afar - Marines prefer to fight from a distance. Enemies of the warband have to contend with legions of disciplined guns lines, snipers, and enough artillery to turn the battlefield into a giant crater.

Special Equipment (d100)
>>
>>55403039
>A bunch of smurfs turned evil convince an entire sector to say "The Emperor? Fuck him.."

Damn son.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>55403076
>Combat Doctrine: Death from Afar - Marines prefer to fight from a distance. Enemies of the warband have to contend with legions of disciplined guns lines, snipers, and enough artillery to turn the battlefield into a giant crater.
>Special Weapons: Ancient Weaponry.

Warband Status (d10)
>>
>>55403088
>Warband Strength: Slightly Overstrength

Cause of increased strength (If Slighly Overstrength or Massive) (d10)
>>
File: 1504186957576.jpg (606KB, 1149x1620px) Image search: [Google]
1504186957576.jpg
606KB, 1149x1620px
Guess I have to post this again.

Remember why you got into this game. Remember what first made you think "I want to be part of that."
>>
>>55403100
oops forgot to roll for that one
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>55403113
>>55403100

da fuck is wrong with my rolling

gimme dat d10 nigger
>>
>>55403101
Not a Necron player at all, but i remember seeing that big ass robo-pyramid in the my lgs. The size of the model and all that green, I was lost to the warp forever after that.
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>55403100
>The Warband merged with a smaller Warband or picked up the remains of a defeated one.

Warband allies. Who has our back? (d100)
>>
>>55403101
>tau fire warriors
God damn I still love those little guys
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>55403140
>Reason for Strength: The Warband merged with a smaller Warband or picked up the remains of a defeated one.
>Allies: Specific Daemon Prince, Greater Daemon, or other powerful daemon. If your warband loathes Chaos; said daemon is covertly supporting and manipulating the warband from the sidelines to suit the daemon's needs.

Who are the Warband's enemies?(d100)
>>
>>55402952
That's beautiful and you should be happy.
>>
>>55403065
>The demidragons are a little *too* fantastical, I think, and a bit big.
They're about the "same-ish" height, but appear a little longer.

As for looking "too fantastical" I hear you. Could use a tank to cut up for plates to cover up with more gritty tank parts.
>>
>>55403157
>Reason for Strength: The Warband merged with a smaller Warband or picked up the remains of a defeated one.
>Allies: Specific Daemon Prince, Greater Daemon, or other powerful daemon. If your warband loathes Chaos; said daemon is covertly supporting and manipulating the warband from the sidelines to suit the daemon's needs.
>Enemies: Select own

First reply to this picks my main faction enemy.
>>
>>55403018
So who ya thinking for your Leader anon. CL or something juicier??
>>
>>55403185
Everything living.
>>
>>55403185
Fuck off. Quit spamming the thread.
>>
>>55403212
Falling to Chaos isn't spamming.

It is art.
>>
>>55403185
>Loathes Chaos
>"Don't worry Evil Smurfs, we got your backs" - Chaos

Probably why they loathe Chaos so much. Chaos never leaves and always wants to help.
>>
>>55403166
Thanks. I'm happily commited to Death Guard at the moment but I'd like to revist the idea when chaos marines get new sculpts.
>>
File: IMG_4515.jpg (635KB, 2356x2495px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4515.jpg
635KB, 2356x2495px
WIP Sister of Silence Celestine Count-As.

Cleaning moldlines today.
>>
>>55403101
Someone compared me to Slaanesh.
So I looked up Slaanesh, decided I wanted to play the game.
>>
>>55402543
40k alpha legion hunter units that can take sniper rifles and stalker bolters when?
>>
>>55403008

Do Deathguard get their own sub-factions?

If not, then splinter Codices are probably going to be homogenous.
>>
>>55402865
Dude you did a great job. I would be proud to have painted that.
Buuuuuuut, dry brush the winged skull up top and clean up the details like the bar, make that look as good as your free hand. And keep practicing your paints can always be thinner.
>>
>>55403250
That suddenly makes me want plastic sisters. I play chaos, and have never really felt a desire to play sisters.
>>
>>55403258
Sooner rather then never I hope.

I have Alpha Chosen with snipes that need some strategic positioning in a bell tower.

And now with that AL deployment stratagem.......
>>
>>55403263
They don't and neither do GKs, they do get 'legion trait' equivalents though and both are very good.

GKs gain +1 to cast anything and deny anything.

DG get relentless on heavy weapons, assault weapons and rapid fire now happens at 18" for Hellbrutes and Infantry.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTDrFc7BrqI
>>
File: 2nd_Edition_Set.jpg (137KB, 751x473px) Image search: [Google]
2nd_Edition_Set.jpg
137KB, 751x473px
>>55403101
2nd Ed. Box. Particularly the back of the box shots. Also the Angels of Death codex.
>>
>>55403013
Ah, good, you did repost this. Better than all the other bullshit.

Named characters as a concept aren't a bad idea, especially when they allow some interesting rules that can then be coopted with counts-as for Your Dudes. The problems come when they're so vastly superior to other options that there's basically no reason to ever use their counterparts. Now Enginseers are HQs (and thank the Omnissiah for that) you'll see basically nothing but them and Cawl and the Dominus is sitting on everybody's shelves in multiple. Also the new keywords make it impossible to Your Dudes together stuff like a custom Archmagos and a different Forge World, but that's no big deal.

Also, with factions that have a whole bunch, there's often no real options for competitive lists other than the <Custom> that has the better ones. You'll not see Imp Fists outshooting Ultras when Guilliman is around, and that's only worse given Primarchs apparently have a licence to be broken as all hell because the writers love them. Personally I'd either say they never should have been brought back or slap 100-200 onto the points of them depending on the exact one in question. In fact, an unwritten rule I'd like to see is "no named characters of units that don't have generic counterparts". Generic Amagos before Cawl, generic Chapter Master in the SM index to go with all the special CMs, generic living saint with Celestine. Generics could probably do with some more options across the board in terms of wargear, too, since at the moment they haven't got any flexibility in the first place for the Named Variants to trade for power, but if the generic counterpart has to use the NCharacter model or vice versa it's not the end of the world.

Only exception I can really think of is the Archdaemon Lords like Ateos'Rau'Keres, but honestly if they were just renamed "Archdaemon of X God" they'd be little different, or they could be massively enhanced Greater Daemons.
>>
>>55403263
No. Who will and won't get sub-factions is easy to spot from the indexes. Anything with a <sub-faction> bracketed tag will have sub-factions for that tag. If you have fixed tags (DG, GK, etc.) You don't get further sub-factions.
>>
>>55403101
I saw some guys playing in the cafeteria and saw a carnifex.
>>
File: cat crying.gif (2MB, 520x213px) Image search: [Google]
cat crying.gif
2MB, 520x213px
>>55403101
I was 7 years old and I saw a full wall painting of some Blanche art and the store had a cutout of a space marine outside the store. I didn't have enough money to buy anything so I carried around a phonebook thick citadel miniatures catalog for a year just imagining how much I would love to play.
>>
>>55403208
Pottery
>>
AL
> Hordes of Cultists
> Infiltrating Combi-Flamer/Plasma/Melta Chosen

Could it work?
>>
>>55403032
the thing is its not even a lack of its just people being intentionally stupid to try and prove some kind of retarded point which amounts to little more than "hurr durr i was only pretending to be retarded"
>>
>>55402263
FW sells some nice AL stuff
>>
>>55403013

I play Kill Team, so named characters never enter the field save for counts-as "Totally not!X Character" or narrative events where a named Character actually DOES show up with friends to start wrecking the players.
>>
>>55403433
Throw in infiltrating berserkers, and yes
>>
>>55403365
meh, named characters should be banned in match play.
>>
>>55403433
Stick to flamers for infantry and plasma for heavy targets, melta is moot now imo, and your set.

Always bring cultists. Hide one behind something your opponent can't see through and you can deploy an entire unit, at full strength, along side you infiltrating buds.
>>
>m-m-m-m-muh bland 8th ed codexes just copypaste the same faction tactics for every army!!1!

>Codex Discipline: +1 Ld and Fall Back + shoot at -1 to hit
>Lightning Assault: +2" to Advances and can Fall Back + charge
>Siege Masters/Siege Lords: Enemy units don't get cover bonuses and re-roll Wounds vs Buildings
>Righteous Zeal: Re-roll failed charges
>Master Artisans: Re-roll 1 failed Hit and 1 failed Wound roll each time this unit shoots or fights
>Shadow Masters/Hidden In Plain Sight: Opponents get -1 penalty to hit these units if they're more than 12" away
>The Flesh Is Weak: 6+ FnP
>Black Crusaders: +1 Ld and can Advance and fire Rapid Fire weapons as Assault Weapons
>Dark Raiders: Can Advance + charge
>Butcher's Nails: +1 Attack on the charge
>Terror Tactics: -1 Ld to enemy units within 6", stacking up to -3
>Flawless Perfection: Always Strike First in Fight phase
>Profane Zeal: Re-roll failed Morale tests
>Brotherhood of Psykers: +1 to all Psychic tests and Deny the Witch tests
>Inexorable Advance: Can move and shoot heavy weapons and Advance and shoot Assault weapons at no penalty, Rapid Fire at 18" instead of half range
>Glory To The Omnissiah: Roll 2 dice when randomly determining Canticles instead of 1 and get both benefits
>Refusal To Yield: When a unit with this tactic would be slain or flee roll a dice, it stays on a 6+. Cannot Fall Back without a friendly <Forge World> Character on the battlefield.
>Relentless March: Can Advance and fire Assault weapons at no penalty and treat Rapid Fire as Assault.
>The Solar Blessing: Treat enemy attacks with AP -1 as AP 0
>Staunch Defenders: Overwatch on 5+ instead of 6+.

22 Subfaction Tactics revealed so far, only 2 of them are direct copy-pastes. There is some overlap between Graia and Iron Hands but they're still different, and some overlap between Black Legion, Death Guard and Metalica, but again, all three of those are still different.

The rest of them are all COMPLETELY unique. Blandposters btfo.
>>
Is there a Xenos codex coming up? For some reason I've got the idea in my mind that one was confirmed for following AdMech (Tyranids?)
>>
>>55402263
Dark Elf Sea Dragon Cloaks from WHFB/AoS corsairs. You might be able to cannibalize some Salamanders stuff too. Aside from that use Forgeworld AL bits. AL is probably the chaos legion that can best just use it's 30k stuff in 40k.
>>
>>55403453
>Infiltrating berserkers
>Chainsword noise marines
>Axe/knife Plague marines

Alot of options that fill the roll of crazy, melee killers.

'Zerkers are the top tier though.
>>
>>55403511
Nids and Craftworld Eldar by November.
>>
File: 7543245u854652345676545t4r32.jpg (163KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
7543245u854652345676545t4r32.jpg
163KB, 650x650px
Favorite aspect warriors?
>>
>>55403473
>ikr because Arkos the faithless is sooo op
>>
>>55403511
Tyranids (which would have been clear to anyone paying attention since the very beginning) and CWE (which came as a surprise).
>>
>>55403181
Oh yeah, I planned on doing them all up in plasticard armor in the style of IG tanks, with catachans riding them manning the guns and shit. I'm not gonna just slap guns to fantasy models and call it a day.
>>
>>55403540

Warp Spiders are probably my favorite, too, although I also have to be a fucking Hipster and like Shadow Specters as well.
>>
>>55403473
I prefer "opponent's permission". Outright banning them doesn't leave much flexibility for friendly tourneys and often you want all the Matched Play rules even for casual games. OpPerm allows you to be more relaxed about "Can I run Necrosius with my Vraks Renegades" while still being able to tell Magnus and Guilliman to sod off.
>>
>>55403534
>>55403555
Thanks, for some reason I had some trouble finding confirmation from the Warhammer Community page and my friend was having doubts when I mentioned I'd wait for the codex to come out before I think of selling my army.
>>
>>55403555
I'm even more surprise GW hasn't nerf those Tau Commander spam to the ground already.
>>
File: eldar-shiningspears.jpg (120KB, 1000x878px) Image search: [Google]
eldar-shiningspears.jpg
120KB, 1000x878px
>>55403540
>>
>>55403581
The info is in the NOVA Open previews article.
>>
>>55403581
What even comes out in codexes that the indexes dont have?
>>
>>55403584
I think at this point they're just waiting for Chapter Approved before issuing any further nerfs instead of adding more FAQ bloat.

Then again the FAQs usually come out on saturday, they could surprise us tomorrow.
>>
>>55403604
Are you retarded, have you just not been paying even an inkling of attention?
>>
>>55402344
>>55403448
>>55403520

Thank you kindly anon. I knew i was going to have to splurge on the FW bits but was wondering if I could escape the price tag. Looks like not haha.

Salamander, dark elf, and maybe some lizard man stuff is what i'm going to brain storm though. I imagine with enough good thought and green stuff, i could get some shit done.
>>
File: Eldars_are_orky[1].jpg (94KB, 806x774px) Image search: [Google]
Eldars_are_orky[1].jpg
94KB, 806x774px
>>55403540
Striking Scorpions
>>
>>55403604
Fucking everything?
>>
>>55403540
Striking scorpions. Hipster fucking shit that I am, I liked them before the whole DAKKAFACE memery.

PLASTIC
WHEN
>>
>>55403631
I just got back after a bit of hiatus, So Yes
>>
>>55403635
Correcting

*Thanks anons
>>
>>55403604
Sub-faction traits, Warlord traits, Relics, Faction/Sub-faction Stratagems, full psychic disciplines, sometimes new army-wide special rules, points adjustments, minor errata and datasheet changes. If the release comes with new models you'll get new or updated datasheets for be them.
>>
>>55403657
Subfaction traits, around 16-24+ Stratagems, Warlord Traits, Relics, Psychic Powers, points cuts, new abilities on some units, stat buffs on some units.
>>
>>55403604
Subfaction Tactics. Small point changes (the one I like the most is cheaper power fist equivalents). Strategems. C'mon man.

>>55403602
Ok, thanks.
>>
>>55403504
The buffs themselves are bland, as well as rather imbalanced. Players are going to have to frequently gimp themselves if they want to keep flavor
>>
File: Bestboy.jpg (129KB, 470x645px) Image search: [Google]
Bestboy.jpg
129KB, 470x645px
>>55403250
>see wing
>start typing
>i thought it was a cool plastic fulgrim
>see tits and obvious explanation
>remember how autistic i am
>>
>>55403013
Personally, my view is that the herohammer boils down to three things: A ridiculously exploitable character-targeting system (which is also why you only see Crisis Commanders and never see regular Suits), wound inflation to offset multi-damage weapons, and explosively scaling buff auras. ("Twin-linked is just double shots, and you still get Rerolls...unless you're Orks.")

Imagine if you could take an Imperial Knight that couldn't be shot at unless it was the closest model, but was only S5 and was infantry-sized, and granted morale rerolls. Congrats, you have Celestine.

My view is rather than them being "Character + 1," Special Characters should be specialists. Oddballs like Masque or The Blue Scribes or Marbo, or other ones that make good "techpieces" but won't stomp over everyone going "I'm the Greatest."

Alternately, Special Characters should have a minor "shtick" that doesn't completely invalidate other choices. For example, Huron Blackheart's detachment could take Loyalist Marine options with restrictions ala his 2nd edition options. Or for 6e-7e, replacing Aun'Shi's Blade Stances with renamed Battle Hymns and maybe upping his cost to 125 pts. I mean, you would have to be crazy to try to build a Tau CC unit. Might as well make such a unit able to do some damage as it gets pulped.
>>
File: 1505489872374.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1505489872374.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
hay guyzs, u liek my Damon prins? :^)
>>
>>55403718
I...I don't understand
>>
>>55403676
>>55403687
>>55403685
Wew i completely forgot that relics werent in indexes.
>>
>>55403692
What the fuck are you talking about. Most of these are very flavorful and how the hell does gimping yourself add flavor to any of them?
>>
>>55403013
There should be more options for making a "hero" out of roles like Captains and so on. There's really no reason to treat Captains as having the same level of individuality as Tyranid leaders.
>>
>>55403540
What are the fucking chances that we get plastics when the dex drops?
>>
>>55403740
Chapterhouse and all. GW is generally restricting options to what they produce.
>>
>>55403733
Out of all that you took "Relics" to be the important part?

The biggest change is Stratagems, they're like half of what it means to play a particular army.
>>
>>55403750
Very low, we would PROBABLY have started seeing Rumour Engine hints by now that could be construed as Eldar stuff if they were coming.
>>
>>55403548
sorry anon, that's how blanket bans work.
chemotherapy often kills more healthy cells than cancerous ones.
>>
File: 1505491247594.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1505491247594.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
>>55403728
U making fun of my incredible paint job >:^(??!?
>>
>>55403728
He's poking fun at a poster in the last thread that got mad when we criticized his DP
>>
Does anyone else think these new Adep Mech traits are just a bit OP?

I am actually curious. I am leaning towards yes myself, for specific reason mind you though.
>>
>>55403782
why are we here? Just to suffer?
>>
>>55403790
D-Did he litterally hot glue it? like why is there so much white paint dripping off it?
>>
>>55403365
Yeah, the other thread got purged as I posted this :)

I rather like the idea of generic HQs for every named one. Of course it isn't viable with Primarchs (who, as you rightly note, seem allowed to be not only brokenly strong but undercosted as well), but it'd go a long way for diversity and customization if all armies had generic characters that were, if not as powerful as named ones, at least in the same weight class.

Depth of customization is one of the reasons I like Tau, personally. Currently just packing four of your gun of choice onto your Commanders is ideal, but with all the combos of weapons and support systems there's a lot of room for interesting builds, at least once the Codex adds more options for supporting your army and whatnot. It's more work to make, of course, but with this being the Most Playtested Edition Ever, I'd think it's worth it. Monobuild kills armies more than being low tier does.
>>
Agripina rules sound cool as fuck.
>>
>>55403577
They should just be restricted to Narrative Play.
>>
>>55403750
Seems low. I think one of Nids/CE/Guard will see some new models. And I kinda expect it to be Guard.
>>
>>55403790
>criticism
>"it's shit"
sure kid, leave it in the last thread
>>
>>55403812
Good news is GW confirmed every army will get model updates in 8th edition, but most of them will have to wait until after their Codex is out for it because the Codex production cycle is a lot faster and more important than new models.
>>
>>55403577
banned for match play, allowed for narrative and open.

if you want to run a narrative tourney, tell people it's narrative and they can bring named characters.

I don't want Bobby g, Magnus or morty showing up in my causal games because "gw said I could"
>>
>>55403845
oh look who it is :^)
>>
>>55403820
Surely not, he said it was """warp stuff""".
>>
>>55403820
He was so pleased with the result he jizzed all over it
>>
>>55403820
oh dont worry, the sperg claims that the mini is perfect but its just the picture
>>
>>55403850
source?
>>
>>55403750
Zero.
>>
>>55403838
Tyranids already have a new Genestealer sculpt lying around that wasn't released and Jes Goodwin seems incapable of going more than 2 years without sculpting something new for them out of the blue (see Maleceptor/Toxicrene) which no one even expected. Nids isn't a bad bet.
>>
>>55403850
fucking source?
>>
>>55403868
One of the 8th ed Q&A preview articles on WarCom that everyone forgets about.
>>
>>55403584
With some compensatory buffs to other stuff, hopefully.
>>
>>55403853
>>55403855
>>55403854
>>55403865
>bringing drama from the old thread into this one
I don't care how bad his painting was or how much he pissed you off, don't be retards.
>>
>>55403852
Then play 500 point matches or lrn to win. These guy aren't end all be all. Fuck, cultists kill on 6's now.

No excuse amateur hour.
>>
>>55403823
If one choice is so overwhelming good (four weapons) that the other choices are humping yourself than the customization is for shit boss.
>>
>>55403894
Playtesters confirmed Riptides are getting buffed.
>>
>>55403913
> buffed
So decrease the points by like 50 or so. Got it.
Or maybe the mortal wound is on a 4+.
>>
>>55403900
> bringing drama from the old thread into this one
Welcome to 4chan, enjoy your stay
>>
File: 1504375109546.jpg (81KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
1504375109546.jpg
81KB, 607x608px
Hey lads, i know that the next three codexs are nids IG and CWE but dis we ever find out what the next two were that make up the ten before christmas?
>>
>>55403810
>Come back tomorrow, when we’ll be checking out Agripinaa, dauntless defenders from the Eye of Terror.

Where Agripinaa tactic?
>>
>>55403904
>These guy aren't end all be all.
Yeah that's why Guilliman was in 10 out of the top 12 lists of the last tourney and Celestine is in every single Imperium list that makes it anywhere.

It's just fucking boring. Why use named Characters in tourney play at all, they're supposed to be for stories. All named character everywhere in every army regardless of power level should be banned in matched play on principle.
>>
>>55403900
We're just having a laugh, calm down
>>
>>55403931
Not confirmed, but Thousand Sons is almost 99% sure one of them, based on hints from Pete Foley that they're coming "very soon".

The last one is a total mystery.
>>
>>55403540
Incubi
>>
>>55403957
Cheers bro. Probably some flavour of power armor no doubt but it was a nice surprise to see some xenos in the forat wave of releases
>>
>>55403957
>The last one is a total mystery.
Tau, Daemons, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, or Dank Angles seem like strong contenders as most need few kits.
>>
>>55403943
>Named characters are leading the charts in tourney play
>I don't plan for this and bring suitable counters

This is why wars are lost. Pride and incompetence. Stick to painting cause you gaming skill underwhelming and annoy it appears.
>>
>>55403904
>These guy aren't end all be all.
They kinda are, anon. And yeah cultists are technically capable of harming them, doesn't mean it's remotely viable or sometimes even possible in the turns a match lasts.
>>
>>55403968
This
>>
>>55403939
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/15/forge-world-focus-agripinaa-sep15gw-homepage-post-4/

Speak of the bot
>>
>>55403931
1ksons
necrons

considering the only chaos getting their own books are sons and dg according to codex csm
>>
Any word on a pdf copy of the Death Guard codex? The ebook versions never work right for me.
>>
>>55403540
Slugga Boyz
>>
File: plasticneesan2[2].jpg (93KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
plasticneesan2[2].jpg
93KB, 960x540px
Fuck me, feeling overwhelmned when thinking about how to play Death Guard.

You can go melee heavy, or ranged. You can go mechanized, or footslogging. You can focus on terminators, marines or poxwalkrs or a mix of the 3. You can focus on daemon engines, tanks or even daemons as allies. Using Mortarion effectively is a task too, he's not as easy to use as a Guilliman buff bitch of a Magnus 'just run up and smack stuff'. The little characters offer choices too, bell boy for speed, grenade guy for insane grenade shenanagins. Surgeon for the boost to your survival.

Mfw
>>
>>55403943
That's fucking asinine. The problem isn't the characters themselves per se, it's that gw has failed to give us alternatives, so people are just going with the best thing they can get.

Tell me, how many csm players have you seen using zhufor, arkos or huron?

There are plenty of characters that aren't the default choice, it's just that gw hypes the shit out of celestine and girly man and made them op to sell models.
>>
>>55403827
Stygies when
>>
>>55403957
It's not a TOTAL mystery. It won't be Orks, Necrons, Dark Eldar, or Daemons, all of which are heavily hinted as not coming until next year. Process of elimination doesn't leave a lot left. It either has to be DA, BA, SW, Tau, Deathwatch, Genestealer Cults (assuming they aren't bundled into Tyranids) or Imperial Agents soup. Those last three can pretty much be written off, so we're looking at either Tau or a SM flavor. Since we know Lion El'Jonson is the next Primarch I'm guessing Dark Angels is a good bet, but maybe they're holding that off until next year which could mean we see Space Wolves released alongside TS.
>>
>>55403957
Blood Angels?
>>
>>55403812
Well, you did fuck the galaxy, somewhat literally
>>
>>55404014
It's not out yet, let alone leaked in epub format or any other.
>>
>>55403923
Back in 7th, I contemplated a homebrew Nova-Charging would require a subsequent "cooldown". This would mean only using the reactor every other turn, taking a related penalty. Use a Nova Shield? No Invulnerable Save while cooling down. Using the Booster? No Jetpack move during the cooldown, etc. You know, more of a timing/risk calculation setup rather than "hurr, I will lose more wounds to Grav than I will to popping the Nova Shield."

Of course, some parts are a bit wonkier to handle in 8th. No Invulnerable is a bit of a meaningless drawback, considering AP 2 is now a -3 save mod, is simply a 5+ Save. Quite literally, unless its a Melta or special relic, the Riptide almost always has a 5+ save anyway. (Or no save, invulnerable or otherwise if its Smite).
>>
>>55404009
No WE/EC codexes?
>>
File: myphitic-01.jpg (87KB, 800x527px) Image search: [Google]
myphitic-01.jpg
87KB, 800x527px
>>55404018
I'm hyped but tired of waiting for the releases.
>>
>>55403985
Daemons won't get updated until after Slaanesh gets new models, which will happen after a new Emperor's Children Codex accompanying Fulgrim, which won't happen until at least next year.

Tau or color-shifted Marines are pretty much the only options.

>>55404009
Necrons, Orks and DE were heavily hinted as not coming this year in the Chapter Approved preview.
>>
>>55404050
CSM says the DG and Ksons deviate enough from the main codex to get their own, everything else is covered by it.
>>
>>55403908
Depends on how you look at it, I suppose. On paper you got a lot of room to mess around, but at the moment most support systems are some variation on "shoot better" and mathematically, putting another weapon in that slot is nearly always a better choice. About the best option you got is to use ATS (-1AP on every weapon) for a bit more flexibility on target selection. However, that's just vanilla Commanders, you also have stuff like Stealth Suits that can each pack one SS and that gives you a nice bit of room, or the special-issue Commanders that trade weapon slots for some unique SS or other bonuses (like Coldstar with better move and technically a bonus slot, or XV84 with free Markerlights). The potential is there, it just needs some trimming.

>>55403913
Oh, nice! As it is, the most obvious and necessary is a hefty price cut, but giving them some way to ignore Nova wounds or get better BS would be even better.
>>
>>55403987
>hurr git gud

fuck you and fuck herohammer.
>>
>>55404050
They'll come eventually but it's far enough off that they included their stuff in the generic CSM Codex for now.
>>
>>55404007
Chenkov Admech? Hmmm, I don't see anything problematic with this one at all. What happened to "no free points" and all?
>>
>>55403987
Pray tell, what's a suitable counter for Guilliman, oh greatest tactical mind of our generation?
>>
>>55403900
Hello, I was a /wip/ anon that actually gave critique. You have misrepresented what happened. Please don't be retards.
>>
>>55404065
For now.

We know Fulgrim and Angron are coming and there's no reason for them not to get full Codexes when they do. It's just a matter of timing. TS were already done and DG were right around the corner when CSM came out, WE and EC are way off so they needed to be in the generic dex in the meantime.
>>
>>55403987
Do tell me how to counter unit being criminally undercosted, o wise one.
>>
>>55404083
I guess you cashing in CP makes it okay.
>>
>>55404020
which is why you blanket ban named characters.
no arguing over which ones are too good.
no having to explain to your opponent why Bobby g sucks the fun out of the game.
they just leave them at home and only bring them out for story time where their op bullshit makes sense.
>>
>>55404020
>gw hypes the shit out of celestine and girly man and made them op to sell models.
I mean they're a hit or miss

OP: Guilliman, Celestine, Cawl
UP: Voldus, Greyfax, Cypher
>>
>>55404083
>What happened to "no free points" and all?
The hard rule is "no free units". If you use an ability that restores dead models to an existing unit it's basically just a form of saving throw that happens after the fact. If you wipe the whole Servitor unit they can't use this Strat. Same for Chaos Cultists and Necrons and Poxwalkers.
>>
File: brutal.jpg (32KB, 597x351px) Image search: [Google]
brutal.jpg
32KB, 597x351px
>>55404007
>Perhaps more ominously, Agripinaa is known for the ferocious rate at which it produces Servitors, expending them with a ruthless lack of remorse and never short of new raw material thanks to “volunteers” from the unfortunate refugee vessels that orbit the world following the fall of Cadia.
>>
>>55403823
This exactly. My Admech are really rather jealous of Tau for their HQ variety, I feel we should have had Heresy-tier sets of wargear and options and choices, since the whole thing of Magi is that they have loads of random tech and a billion different disciplines. They don't have to be anywhere near as OP as commanders, but more than a choice of one of two guns and one of two sidearms would be great.

>>55403810

Do say why. Always nice to hear reasoning for this stuff.
Personally I think they're pretty balanced since they don't apply all the time and actually have a couple downsides among them, while still offering a little extra kick. Mars, Lucius and Agripinaa all encourage different builds and tactics, which is nice.

>>55403828
>>55403852

I feel that Opponents Permission works better for these things, since if you look in Horus Heresy to how those turned out it's basically "only in narrative games anyway" label. Could live with a blanket ban anyway, though, since I'd only lose Cawl and all the new strats go a long way towards fixing the massive requirement for him on the offchance I'm not playing Glorious Teleporting Lucius.

>>55404083

You pay 2CP per healed squad of Kata Destroyers (which is pretty much all that would be used on) they can't be fully destroyed and can be restricted in deployment by enemie, I guess. Since you can heal damaged Katas with Techpriests anyway it's more like the old "pop and gone" Necron Rez Orbs than Chenkov, since there is plenty of counterplay options.
Still very good, though, and with Shroudpsalm and CP rerolls to save the last models you could possibly pop back 4 or so Katas per game, or 300 pointing. Pretty fucking good, especially in something like a 1.5k Battalion where they're a much larger chunk of points.
>>
File: 2x2kDG.png (40KB, 1263x464px) Image search: [Google]
2x2kDG.png
40KB, 1263x464px
Thoughts on my two list Ideas for 2k of DG?

The second one is to get warptime in the list, both have some OP shit, but overall not super optimal, OK for semi competitive pickups?
>>
>>55404050
Next year, GW wont blow their Primarch load in the first months, thats just bad for profits.
>>
Do Thousand Sons use the updated point costs for CSM stuff in Codex: Chaos Space Marines, or are they stuck using Index point values for everything?
>>
File: The Black Rage.jpg (12KB, 236x325px) Image search: [Google]
The Black Rage.jpg
12KB, 236x325px
>>55404190
Daddy when?
>>
>>55404122
>It's asinine, certain characters just have a unique loadout or neat artefact
>ban them, ban them all

Again, how does huron blackheart suck the fun out of the game? Just ban girlyman and celestine.
>>
>>55404203
Yours specifically shouldn't come back, Sanguinor can sit at the big kids table though.
>>
File: taupaint.jpg (45KB, 437x444px) Image search: [Google]
taupaint.jpg
45KB, 437x444px
This is how I want to paint my Tau, what does /40kg/ think? r8 don't h8
>>
>>55404020
>Tell me, how many csm players have you seen using zhufor, arkos or huron?
Zhufor and Arkos are FW, so most CSM players don't even know they exist.

In 7E, I used a converted Huron as a Lord for my Tzeentch warband a lot (since he got psykery and the infiltrate WL trait).
>>
>>55404208
Because it makes it simplier.

What about Cawl
>>
>>55404221
Looks fine, be careful with the yellow.
>>
>>55404235
>be careful with the yellow
How so
>>
>>55404221
Fuckin dig it m8
Although personal preference, id do a gradient on the leg and arm plates from a mid grey, to dark, to that black
>>
File: 39-84359-55843-95834.gif (86KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
39-84359-55843-95834.gif
86KB, 480x270px
>>55403012
>Ex-Hive Ganger and an Ex-Arbiter travel through Imperial space hunting bounties
>along the way encountering a cryogenically-frozen Hive noble-turned-con artist, a child astronavigator, and a Jokaero

Sounds like the makings of an Inquisitor's warband...
>>
Guys remind me, do the people with review copies of codexes usually upload tonight or tomorrow?
>>
>>55404224
>Ban every named character
>Because more than 3 of them are OP
Different shit will fill the void of blanket bans, just ban problematic shit as it appears, and reevaluate at regular intervals, TOs love to get involved, let them.
>>
>>55404240
>do a gradient on the leg and arm plates
Explain
>>
>>55404238
look up some guides, yellow and white on top of black is hard to make not look like shit.
>>
>>55404203
CRAAAAAAAAWLING IIINNNNNNN MY SKIIIIINNNNN
>>
>>55404181
I thinking that they were pretty good traits against anything that isn't too strong. Since Adept Mech. model are quite $$$ it seems it means people can pay more for units that are good against player who play less forcing them, in turn, to pay more to fight against pay to win army.

This is based on outside opinion without playing against AM this edition.
>>
>>55404224
It's simpler for you maybe, since you don't want to use special characters.

This is a serious case of "stop liking things I don't like", there's no other answer than to fucking git gud, because it's not like these are all WAACfags using these characters, and mortal wounds exist to deal with snowflakes.

This is like people not wanting to play against FW units.

If it's a non competitive game, and their army is a bunch of cheddar, then don't play them, simple as that.
>>
>>55404253
Oh fuck yes
>>
>>55404284
Oh I see. Didn't think about that. Guess I'll have to use masking tape or something.
>>
>>55404290
And retardation levels of misspelling there. Apologies to the Inquisition.
>>
>>55404274
its the same thing with forgeworld anon.

sure, the majority of them are fine, or benign at worst. but some of them are just broken.

you have to treat the broken ones like cancer and acknowledge that you're going to kill a whole lot of healthy cells in the process of chemotherapy.
>>
>>55404280
The segmented leg plates and shoulder plates. Step up/down the color on them so your not just looking at a wall of black.
>>
are ancients worth taking?
>>
>>55404287
I just want daddy back :c
>>
File: CGcmTWCU8AMVhth.jpg (48KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
CGcmTWCU8AMVhth.jpg
48KB, 600x451px
>>55404274
Non-Chessex Dice are OP. Ban dice.
>>
>>55404274
What about Magnus?
What about the Changeling?
>>
>>55404317
Or, don't be retarded and just draft a banlist for tournies, and chat with regulars for casual play to avoid imbalanced matches.
>>
>>55404317
Yeah but I don't think drinking bleach leaves too many healthy cells left.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, just ban shit that's op,or run house rules to nerf it.
>>
>>55404343
I imagine players will love having spent 100+ jewgolds only for said purchase to be illegal.
>>
>>55404301
>It's simpler for you maybe, since you don't want to use special characters.

Personally I don't give a fuck if people use Named Characters.

Just stating if you ban "OP" Characters who determines what "OP" is?
>>
>>55404343
Magnus is a shadow of his former bullshit this edition.
>>
>>55404343
What about brims and conscripts? Some shit is going to be strong, if it dominates the meta a TO can restrict, ban, or recost. Don't be a retard.
>>
>>55404365
The TO, obviously.
>>
>>55404365
I don't think we should ban anything outright from matched, unless it's based on points (no superheavies under 2000 points, etc.)
>>
>>55404187
Decent idea.

Plaguebursts are missing a turret gun though, they either take the 6 point or 12 point one. Do you also need 3 Plagueburts Crawlers? Mortarion and the DPs are pretty good at killing or at least, locking down tanks.

Not really sure you need the Tallyman, maybe he's good with poxwalkers but you need your poxwalkers to get in in that case just get a bell boy.

Maybe consider allied detachment of Daemons and use Daemon engines (Bloat Drone, Crawler, Hauler). Or consider CSM allies to get your Mortartion warptime and maybe +2s and +1 a spell.
>>
>>55404368
He must have been the Platonic ideal of bullshit previously then, because that fucker is bananas right now.
>>
>>55404310
It's the Administratum you will have to answer to and their punishments are far more severe than death.

You will have to attend a seminar on the purity of the language of His Imperial Majesty. It's on the other side of the galaxy on a planet that exploded 400 years ago, it started yesterday and finishes a week ago.
>>
What's the Primaris to regular Marine ratio in established Chapters like Ultramarines or Imperial Fists? Has that been answered in any of the new fluff? Also what's a Primaris Marine's training like compared to regular Marines? What I mean is what is the Primaris Marine promotion path?
>>
>>55404351
>>55404357
>houserules
oh right, I keep forgetting that the player base has such profound Stockholm syndrome for gw that they believe it's up to the individual player to balance a multi million dollar company's game, on a case by case basis.
>>
>>55404368
Everything is, Magnus is still one of the heights of bullshit you can pull off in 8th.
>>
>>55404392
Forgot turret, ty.

Plagueburst are flex at tank and Primaris or Termie equivalents.

Bellboy adds an inch a turn, whereas re-rolling hits is huge for 40 dudes worth of WS4+.

List to the right is for the advance and charge DP, who will have DH discipline for Morty.
>>
>>55404433
>what's a Primaris Marine's training like compared to regular Marines?
Was simulations. Now they're battle active probably the same as regular Marines. Especially since existing Marines can become Chads.
>>
>>55404457
Every game ever created has had houserules.
>>
>>55404457
>I don't like the rules
Ok make a good rules patch
>No, I just want to remove a large part of the game.
Kys.
>>
>>55404457
You realize banning is a houserule right?
>>
>>55404402
He used to know all the tzeentch powers from the daemons book, he could cast 5 powers per turn, he harnessed wc on a 2+, he had a 4++ that rerolled on 1, and he could get a 2++ rerollable using the grimoire of true names, he had line of sight on all units regardless of obstacles, and he had a special 18" beam attack that was D strength, and he could fly so that you could only hit him on a 6 without skyfire, so yeah.
>>
>>55404466
>Plagueburst are flex at tank and Primaris or Termie equivalents.

In English Doc!
>>
>>55404370
1v1
1000 points of Intercessors, Bolt Rifles Only. No Terrain, Final Destination
>>
On the off chance someone isn't busy arguing the latest rules interpretation
Maybe someone can help me with a WIP
>>55404072
>>
>>55404462
But now we have mortal wounds to deal with said bullshit.
>>
>>55404514
I know this is just a joke, but it pains me that i know autists who would argue this as the way 40k is meant to be played.
>>
>>55404503
More to the point, he was auto-include in any Chaos lists despite costing 650pts in edition where you had SM get 500pts of free shit for just fielding their army.
>>
>>55404529
Be a bit more specific on those sponsors, what kind are you making, etc.
>>
>>55404530
Yes because there are so many ways to consistently get MW on Magnus after he zooms in and blows up your biggest threat on turn 1 and then Denies all your Smites with ease.
>>
>>55404541
>gladius
Why did you have to remind me of that shit.
>>
>>55404480
like what? 2 models per codex on average?

>>55404496
TO's banning shit trickles down to causal games. if guilliman isn't allowed in tourneys, he stops selling and gw has too fix him. banning all named characters sends the message that they -all- need to be balanced.
>>
>>55404503
>>55404541
>yfw there are still retards who say 7th was better
>>
>>55403040
Any comments?
>>
>>55404586
if hero hammer continues on this path, it will have been.
>>
>>55404505
The tanks are flexible, they can kill tanks however, they are just as good, if not better, at killing units with good saves and more than 1 wound.
>>
>>55404586
Jesus i remember the fucking launch of 8th with people saying they were going to stick 7th ed bullshit.
>>
File: 1499879578648.png (337KB, 377x469px) Image search: [Google]
1499879578648.png
337KB, 377x469px
>>55404554
Hold my beer.
>>
>>55404585
>complaining about balance in a beer and pretzels game
So have you always hated fun, anon?
>>
>>55404615
>YFW Horus Heresy did stick with 7th
>>
>>55403040
If you're going to attempt this strategy, bring Bellboy for speed boost, Plague Surgeon for DR buff, and a unit of Cultists to screen the Poxwalkers allowing you to use Cloud of Flies if necessary.
>>
>>55404585
>conscripts OP, only like two troops choices in each codex.
people like the flavorful shit, no need to ban it.

>acting like it's all OP makes it clearer as to what's OP.

Kek.
>>
>>55404633
And its dead, just like bligh
>>
>>55403540
Dakkafaces
>>
>>55404585
I hate that I have to keep using this as an example, but how does huron or arkos need to be rebalanced?

Banning them all would give gw the wrong idea, just ban the bullshit.
>>
File: 124760642.png (452KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
124760642.png
452KB, 640x480px
Just read AdMech dogma for today, is modified overwatch available to any other army in 8th?
>>
>>55404083
Because of how it works this is effectively healing rather than summoning new units.
>>
>>55404541
The sad thing is while GW focused so hard on making Magnus uber, they did absolute shit for the actual Thousand Sons. And thus you always either saw Magnus in a Flying Circus alongside Daemons (because lel, Rehati War Sect), or maybe in a "vanilla" CSM CAD with Typhus and Plague Zombies.

The real killer was the oh-so-hilarious power Siphon Magic though. Any friendly psyker casts a power within 18", gain a token that can be spent as a WC. By RAW, this meant Magnus could cast a power for 1 WC, and get a token back...for 1 WC. Or if 4 Psykers were within 18", each with Siphon Magic cast and running, and Magnus cast a power, each one would gain a token that could be used as WC. And since GW sucks at creating "when do immediate" abilities trigger, you could argue that successfully casting Siphon Magic instantly gave you a token, and since by RAW they weren't actually WC but tokens that could be spent by the individual Psyker as WC, you could argue that RAW they could be stored from turn-to-turn.

Of course, assuming common sense prevailed and you couldn't store WC as a giant mana-battery, this made Siphon Magic 100% useless for ML 1 Psykers, since casting it meant they could store WC...but couldn't cast any more powers for the turn.

Truly, WoM was a fucking trainwreck, and it only came out last December. I seriously doubt GW is really going to do much better.
>>
>>55404603
>implying 7th wasn't herohammer
>>
>>55404655
Not yet as far as I can remember. I think maybe Dire Avengers have a 5+ OW?
>>
>>55403040
>>55404643
>Bellboy and Plague Surgeon
The actual worst units to buff pox, 1/18th of a wound extra for each and an extra inch of movement on average, for over a hundred points.
>>
>>55403101
My friends and I stumbled onto the lore, specifically a copy of the Horus Herasy Book 1, and steadily kept diving deeper into lore amd after Space Marine on the Xbawks, we decided to start buying models
>>
>>55404679
Averages aren't everything, Bellboy increases the curves consistency too, which you absolutely need.

You're right that Surgeon is probably a waste though.
>>
File: taupaint2.jpg (45KB, 437x444px) Image search: [Google]
taupaint2.jpg
45KB, 437x444px
>>55404319
I know what you mean, but I don't like that idea. Here, I brightened it up a bit, changed the colour of the clothes, boots and lenses; how's this?
>>
>>55404673
He's a newfag that doesn't play the game, don't worry about it.
>>
>>55404655
Not that I can think of off the top of my head. I'm like 99% certain that Tau will get something similar if not better though once their codex drops.
>>
>>55404655
Not in this way. Tau get Greater Good which alloys them to overwatch with nearby units as well as the charged one.
>>
>>55404673
It was worse, it was eldar/tauHammer
>>
>>55404643
What about Nurglings in the front instead of cultists? I just want an excuse to use nurglings.

Would they be bare cultists or would I buy upgrades for them? I was thinking of autocannon terminators in the blob too but I think they might be better as teleport strike units, and that is making the blight hauler cover bubbles get pretty crowded, and is putting a lot of units in a single formation.
>>
>>55404673
It arguably wasn't (barring a Flying Circus). I don't ever recall a 7e list being Bobby G, Celestine, Draigo, a Malleus Inquisitor, an Ultramarine Librarian, 6 Culexus Assassins, 2 Vindicare Assassins, 3 Eversor Assassins and a single Retributor Squad tag-teaming up into The Fellowship Of The Imperium and winning a tournament...
>>
>>55404697
That looks prime. Why the color change on the lense? I liked the blue personally.
>>
>>55404709
Magnushammer and celestinehammer too
>>
>>55404673
7th was formation hammer
>>
>>55404697

That would look really good with a dark red sept colour, I reckon.
>>
>>55402878
> Units can move normally after Disembarking
Someone fucking lied to me then. This takes my Termies in a Land Raider from "Astoundingly meh" to "Actually pretty good". I could basically have my Tartaros Termies move up to 9" out from a Land Raider, and then charge some poor bastards.
>>
File: 1485054994292.jpg (468KB, 1920x747px) Image search: [Google]
1485054994292.jpg
468KB, 1920x747px
Are there any oldfags with rad stories to tell?

Are there any people here that have run campaigns with an actual story behind them?

I'd be infinitely more interested in hearing this sort of stuff than 200+ posts of bickering about the current rules. Battles with narratives and really bringing "Your Dudes" to life is why I started playing Warhammer.
>>
>>55404321
They're good for gunline Marines. Especially with the relic banner.
>>
>>55404718
Yeah but we've also got conscript spam out the fucking ass now
>>
>>55404694
Bellboy makes it harder for Typhus to keep up, you can't use the full extent of the move range, and one squad being an extra inch or two ahead isn't a big deal.

At that point you can just bring more pox and be better off. Boys before toys, and all that.
>>
>>55404718
You never heard of Barkstar?

Also the assassin spam character list won't survive the DG meta.
>>
>>55404551
Just something to hold the Lascannons in place.
>>
>>55404748

This!
>>
>>55404760
Not him but give me a quick rundown on all the Barkstar/Wolfstar nonsense.
>>
>>55404679
What does the surgeon do again? Is it +1 to DR or reroll 1s for DR?

I wasn't thinking only Poxwalkers, maybe some marines or other guys too, but bellboy is fun for the leadership debuff as well, do poxwalkers get units lost to morale checks if they activate the strategem?
>>
>>55404258

Anyone? I'd really like to know so I know if I need to watch rumour sites all night.
>>
If all Forgeworlds had access to Cawl, which of the previewed ones would be best?
>>
>>55404715
Cultists make better pox replacements with the strategem, but nurglings to tie shit down is always good.

Blighthauler is good, flamers are cheep and good.
>>
>>55404775
Usually when pre orders go up, either in new zealand or the uk.
>>
I don't really mind hero's, I just wish most snipers weren't complete ass.
>>
>>55404530
Like the ones Magnus can deal up to 12 of per turn?
>>
>>55404748
Last edition I had ahriman get into a challenge with an autarch. Ahriman used iron arm, but he periled and rolled a 6, and passed the check, so he got to be a mini SO for a turn.

But all his attacks missed or failed to wound.

The autarch killed him immediately after.
>>
>>55404780
Can Nurglings be set up forward during the game or is it only during deployment phase? They look like fun distraction units.
>>
>>55404779
All FW do have access to Cawl, you just have to split your Detachments.
>>
>>55404633
And it sucks, much like its fluff. QED.
>>
>>55403101
I was 13, and my bro showed me how to read a statline and how combat rolls worked.
I thought it was really cool.
The Skaven rulebook also sold me.
>>
>>55404795
Ye just get Magnus to counter Magnus, easy.
>>
>>55404771
reroll ones, unfortunately.

Bellboy is super irrelevant in practice unless you stack moral debuffs, which is more of a gimmick than a genuine good idea.

And no, only slain models.
>>
>>55404768
Thunderwolves + Champions of Fenris for lots of Iron Wolves on Bikes. Librarian Conclave on Bikes fishing for Invisibility, Celestine, etc.
>>
>>55404779

The warlord trait and chapter tactic for Mars are specifically designed to buff Cawl. Tuesday's and Wednesday's were utter shit, yesterday's barely scraped a pass and today's is boring but useful against most armies besides Tau.

Barring the last two having something amazing like the raven guard or salamanders traits, it's pretty much a toss up between Mars and today's.
>>
>>55403694
Griffith???
>>
>>55404718
Please tell me that isn't an actual thing.
>>
>>55404768
Giant unit of cheap Fenrisian Wolves from the Yiffs buffed by Sammael from the Dangles and a bunch of Psykers.
>>
>>55404779
Arguably either Mars or the one with Deep Strike.
>>
>>55404828
Are there any units the Plague Surgeon is worth on? I wanted to take him mostly for aesthetics anyway.
>>
>>55404828
Morale rebuffs would work nicely if you throw in something wielding a butcher cannon, you can wipe blobs off the board pretty easy that way.
>>
>>55404655
Piggybacking off this, is it me or is Agripinaa sort of shit compared to its contemporaries? Better overwatch for an army that mostly wants to gunline and 2cp and 150+ points to regen a unit on your table edge vs. getting 2 canticles or ignoring HB/AC rend seems stupidly weak.
>>
>>55404763
At least someone else agrees. I would contribute my own, but back when there was a scene here I would suggest things like a campaign or something with a narrative, or ANYTHING OTHER THAN PLAYING FOR KILLS, and I always got shot down. Back then it was "Play for kill points" or "Play for kill points and there are also two objectives." I've been talking to my local LGS about getting shit started up again at some point (postponed a lot because of personal life stuff) and if I manage it, I'm going to organize events. Make a big planetary map, or get a big foam ball and use textured paint on it and shit to make a globe so we can run a big campaign.
>>
>>55404800
Summoning rules override, so only withing 12 of the Chaos Character.
>>
>>55404760
I know about the Barkstar. It was less about the Herohammer as much as a combination of Fenrisian Wolves being extremely cost-effective barring armor, a Formation that said "let's let them do blobguard better than Guard", and Azrael granting his unit a 4++, while being costed around only being able to buff Dark Angels.

Among other things that could have been done to fix this:
-Redo/drop the Fenrisian Hunting Pack. This is the big one really.
-Make Dark Angels AOC with the Imperium. Hey, it's fluffy too.

Saying its herohammer because of the Ironpriests that branched off to finish off separate targets is kind of missing the big picture.
>>
File: taupaint3.jpg (138KB, 1300x444px) Image search: [Google]
taupaint3.jpg
138KB, 1300x444px
>>55404720
It disappears into the armour plate colour imo

>>55404735
I'm not married to Ke'lshan. How's Tash'var and Vior'la look? The orange Ke'lshan would look really cool on suits though.
>>
>>55404847
Why Sammael? Seems like the weirdest fucking character from DAngels to take.
>>
>>55404856
You need to stack a lot of otherwise bad units to make it work, it's fine for a gimmick list, but way to costly to be considered "good".
>>
>>55404870
My bad, Azrael. The 4++ dude.
>>
>>55404864
You can summon the whole unit though right? So I can have typhus or a winged prince or someone deepstrike and summon three piles of Nurglings a foot away from them?
>>
>>55404853
Not really? Not like he's that expensive, if you like the model run it for fun, just don't be surprised if it doesn't preform well.
>>
>>55404869

...That third one is exactly my scheme.
>>
>>55404869
I dig the yellow and orange. Both options really stand out. Not crazy about the vior'la though. And perhaps green/turquoise lenses would look better than the blue?
>>
>>55404886
Ok, at the risk of starting the meme, you can't summon with units that count as having moved.
>>
>>55404845
It is. It uses character targeting restrictions to force your opponent to shoot at Culexus Assassins which can only be hit on 6s.

http://bloodofkittens.com/wargaminghub/2017/08/24/return-of-the-death-star-interview-with-colin-mccade/
>>
So for my alpha legion tech cult, what is the most effective object of worship for a shoot blob of cultists to gather around? A forgefiend, a maulerfiend, a defiler, or something from forgeworld?

I would like whatever it is to be able to take a mark of nurgle, and have the daemon and vehicle keywords.
>>
>>55404892
I might just get one to build ams paint and not actually run just because I like the model, like my Salamander's chaplain Xavier.

>>55404906
Well yeah, I meant on the next turn, summoning is clearly stated at start of movement while deep strikes are end.
>>
File: taupaint4.jpg (46KB, 437x444px) Image search: [Google]
taupaint4.jpg
46KB, 437x444px
>>55404900
Great minds etc

I'm going to go with the Ke'lshan sept though. I like that yellowy orange

>>55404901
You are right, that looks a lot better. Cheers!
>>
>>55404878
You could just tack on a night lords outrider detachment with 3 raptors and a contemptor/leviathan/deredeo with some sort of butcher cannon, tack on the dg units however you want, and that's like -8 leadership or so when you shoot a unit with the butcher cannon.
>>
File: 1497952620306.jpg (42KB, 574x427px) Image search: [Google]
1497952620306.jpg
42KB, 574x427px
>>55404697
>>
File: QUALITY.png (6MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
QUALITY.png
6MB, 1536x2048px
>>55404938
I gotcha Gue'la
>>
>>55404929
Hellforged Deredeo Dreadnought from RE. It's got a ton of dakka, and you can give it a shield that confers a 5+ to all units within 6"
>>
>>55404942
Sadly this is only effective against msu armies, which are going the way of the dodo in horde meta.
>>
From the old GW website

"First of all, the wire is HOT! Do not touch it with your fingers or attempt to lick it while it is in operation. This will cause nasty burns and make food taste funny for a while. Keep in mind where you are placing the Wonder Cutter, as it can burn through carpet, chairs, the family cat, or your buddy's arm. You will also need to resist the urge to attack your enemies with such a devastating Melta weapon! "
>>
>>55404979
Meant FW not RE
>>
>>55404942
> -8 Leadership
> Literally just make all your guns do double-damage to blobs
What the fuck? What's pretty intense dude. On the other hand Leviathans both chaos and loyalist get access to the Grav Bombard, which HARD COUNTERS horde armies like a motherfucker.

Just take two Grav-bombards, and enjoy your 22d3 shots against 50 man blobs, which will statistically wipe them out to the man in every volley.
>>
>>55404586
7th was Rosemary Kennedy before her lobotomy. 8th is Rosemary after. Both are retarded, but there's a degree of difference.
>>
File: icanfeelmyselfgoingcrazy.jpg (24KB, 401x372px) Image search: [Google]
icanfeelmyselfgoingcrazy.jpg
24KB, 401x372px
Oh boy, yet another army and doctrine with strategems that shit all over assault
I guess everyone should just start playing Tau since shooting is the only thing that matters anymore
>>
>tfw it's cheaper for me to travel an hour to my nearest GW store than to pay for 1-2 day delivery
Absolutely ridiculous, but oh well. I'm not going to wait another week god damnit. I am so hyped to start painting.

>>55404957
Silly sept markings aside, that colour scheme is ace
>>
>>55405063
>Tau
>Go to shooting
>8th
Kek.
>>
>>55403101
I still remember the first time I watched the DoW1 intro. I had picked up the game on a whim, and didn't know much about 40k. I remember getting goosebumps from that scene where the blood raven makes that last charge up the hill to plant the flag. It was awesome, and the very next day I went and bought the 4th edition rule book, the marine codex, 2 boxes of tactical marines and a dreadnought from my FLGS.
Honestly, one of the reasons I love 8th so much is that I was able to field those dudes and do well with them. It felt like how it should, and it's one of my favorite games of warhammer I've ever played.
>>
>>55405071
>buying things directly from GW
lolwhat
>>
>>55405099
The paints. Don't have a hobby store near me, other general stores don't even carry vallejo paints. Might as well use the "official" paints *shrug*
>>
>>55405099
I buy everything direct from GW.
>>
>>55405106
Rip.
>>
>check 1d4chan
>they think that TH/SS termies are a counter to Magnus

wew
>>
>>55405106
Or you could order Vallejo paints from online stockists instead. Amazon for example. Do you live in bumfuck nowhere or something?
>>
>>55405129
No, but I don't live in the US. If I buy from a specialist store that carries Vallejo, they're still only about half a dollar per bottle cheaper. Simpler to get the Citadel paints I reckon, as guides and shit will be easier to follow.
>>
For a Lord of Contagion, who has T5, 6W, 2+, 4++ and 5+++ how good is the warlord trait to reduce damage taken by 1, to minimum of 1? How often does someone like him take multi-damage which justifies something like this? Would it be better to heal a wound a turn (Including enemy turn?) or maybe better to have his FNP be 4+?
>>
>>55405161
regen>+1fnp>-1d>+1t
>>
>>55404921
Fuck that. The Culexus' special rule is retarded.
>>
>>55405160
Where DO you live?

Just go onto WIP and download their paint match guide.
>>
>>55405161
>>55405173
Except regen is trash, put it second to last.
>>
First time posting a list, hope it goes well:

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [36 PL, 585pts] ++

+ HQ +

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [14 PL, 235pts]:
2xDreadfist,teleporter, Sanctuary

+ Heavy Support +

Nemesis Dreadknight [11 PL, 175pts]:
Dreadfist, teleporter, GS, Sanctuary

Nemesis Dreadknight [11 PL, 175pts]:
Dreadfist, teleporter, GS, Sanctuary

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [49 PL, 860pts] ++

+ HQ +

Brother-Captain [9 PL, 152pts]: Warlord
4: First to the Fray, Halberd, Sanctuary

+ Elites +

Paladin Ancient [7 PL, 142pts]:
Sanctuary, Storm Bolter and Falchion

Purifier Squad [9 PL, 152pts]: Sanctuary
. Knight of the Flame: Nemesis Force Sword, Storm Bolter
. Purifier (Psycannon): Psycannon
. 2x Purifier (Sword): 2x Storm Bolter
. Purifier (Warding Stave): Storm Bolter

Purifier Squad [9 PL, 140pts]: Sanctuary
. Knight of the Flame: Nemesis Force Sword, Storm Bolter
. 3x Purifier (Halberd): 3x Storm Bolter
. Purifier (Warding Stave): Storm Bolter

+ Flyer +

Stormraven Gunship [15 PL, 274pts]:
2x Stormstrike Missile Launcher, Twin Assault Cannon, Twin Heavy Bolter, Two Hurricane Bolters

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [34 PL, 555pts] ++

+ HQ +

Brotherhood Champion [6 PL, 115pts]: Sanctuary, Storm bolter

Castellan Crowe [7 PL, 125pts]: Sanctuary

+ Troops +

Strike Squad [7 PL, 105pts]: Hammerhand
. 4x Grey Knight (Sword): 4x Storm Bolter
. Grey Knight Justicar: Nemesis Force Sword, Storm bolter

++ Total: [119 PL, 2000pts] ++

Any ideas? Main gimmick is depoyling both purifier squads with the brother-captain to double the smite range to 6" , and using the 3 dreadknights to wreak havoc.
>>
File: im2222.jpg (70KB, 533x960px) Image search: [Google]
im2222.jpg
70KB, 533x960px
Who #Khorne here?
>>
File: 2004 prices.jpg (3MB, 758x2875px) Image search: [Google]
2004 prices.jpg
3MB, 758x2875px
Thought some people might be interested in what prices used to be way back in '04. In the US, at least.
>>
>>55405063
Mate, if you think T'au are the best at shooting in 8th you got another thing coming. Everyone but HQs is BS4 at best, which used to be balaced around Markerlights except now you need five of the fucking things for that +1 to hit. Because taking the army that has no fight or psychic phase and gutting its shooting and mobility is just, A+ balancing.
>>
>>55405211
>rick and morty
no wonder chaos lost the campain
>>
>>55405121
Someone tell them about mortal wounds and Fly.
>>
>>55405212
>Chaplain Xavier
>Captain Cortez
F.
>>
File: 1495944177953.jpg (31KB, 300x381px) Image search: [Google]
1495944177953.jpg
31KB, 300x381px
>>55405227
>>
>>55405205
> Dreadfist Dreadknights
I'd strongly recommend swords.
> Purifiers
They don't work how you want them to. Believe me, I tried. You're better with extra strike squads with the same loadout unless you REALLY need that extra attack.
> Crowe
Oh, that explains it. Still wouldn't go with it, but it explains it.
> Strike squads
Get them razorbacks, psilencers, or both. Related, swap out the psycannon in the purifiers for a psilencer. It's better and cheaper both.
>>
>>55404748
I used to have a maaaassive force of Counts as Bad Moonz. My fluff was that my orks strapped enough jets and shit on a small moon to fly it around space, raiding and capturing shit to throw in the furnace and keep her going.
We had a massive campaign of chaos vs imperium with rules for hiring mercenary xeno forces. It ended up sort of imbalanced for xenos because main factions would get Victory points for shit but then give it to.The Xenos to hire them, or promise them VP at the end of the night. It started getting snowbally but a v2 would be fun. I campaigned hard to the organizer that I wanted looted drop pods. So we figured something out and I got my looted drop podz. I could join any table at any time and put my drop podz in reserve. I got so many VP from people desperate for a win on a crucial table
Special rules included : explodes on landing. Doesn't open. Burns in atmosphere. Etc.
>>
>>55405173

You would have to be retarded to ever take the the regeneration trait over any other defensive trait.
>>
>>55405121
>>they think
"They" are the same chucklefucks we've here making current FAQ questions seem positively enlightened.
>>
>>55405243
Cortez was the ugliest marine model surpassed only by C100 and RTB001 marines.
>>
>>55405211
make a rope with your greasy fucking hair and hang yourself
>>
>>55405196
Sweden
>>
>>55405211
>bought a 7th ed codex and an 8th ed index
how literally retarded
>>
File: ratwhat.gif (810KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
ratwhat.gif
810KB, 252x200px
>put a right handed flag on my veteren
>every single left arm is a connecter for a lasgun or some other two handed bit
Wait what.
>the power fist and plasma pistol are both right handed bits
>with the exception of chainswords and power swords all pistols and melee weapons are right handed
So how do I equip him with a fist and pistol then?
>>
>>55405274
Can't you just order shit from Amazon?

>>
>>55405253
thanks, only reason I went with dreadfists was because of the extra attack, guess swords are more reliable?
>>
File: 1206298796257.jpg (33KB, 300x432px) Image search: [Google]
1206298796257.jpg
33KB, 300x432px
>>55404748
I remember when I was watching my friend play Orks vs. Necrons. Not sure what edition but I think it was 3rd or 4th. Anyways, my friend had pretty much lost by that point so in a desperate moment he shot his last remaining Kannon Big Gun at the necron monolith. Got 6 to hit, 6 to wound and 6 on the damage table, blew up the monolith. This was an epic moment put suddenly the heaven split as the screeching autism howl of his opponent ravaged the land. "REEEEEE your hit die was cocked and you should have rerolled it, this entire shot is NULL AND VOID!!!". Now my friend being a good sport decided to just roll with it, since it was just a stupid fluke. So he took the shot again (this time using his opponents die.
Got 6 to hit, 6 to wound and 6 on the damage table, blew up the monolith. The opponent was seething with anger at this point and claimed it didn't matter since he would still win. It was at this point I pointed out that he has now less than 25% of his army left which made the rest of the necrons phase out, giving my friend the victory. The opponent packed his stuff and left in a middle of the tournament.
>>
>>55405265
You wash your mouth out with soap, boy.
>>
Stormraven worth it if im dropping a dread and some vets with Jp or termies??
>>
>>55405302
You're not taking Dreadknights to deal with hordes. You're taking them to deal with big shit. The sword is better for that.
>>
>>55405279
We didn't all start 40 this year.
>>
>>55405315
yes, while they don't dominate the meta anymore, they are still very very good
>>
Anyone remember back to the start of 8th and that game where a Dreadnaught charged a unit of 30 buffed boyz and got fucking trucked so hard.
>>
Citadel paint app is up for ios...
>>
>>55405211
Cut that mop off your head.
>>
>>55405398
Link?
>>
File: firewarriorsassemble.jpg (2MB, 2000x2667px) Image search: [Google]
firewarriorsassemble.jpg
2MB, 2000x2667px
How much/what parts of my Fire Warriors should I assemble before priming and painting? Is it a massive waste of time to not just put everything on at once?

>>55405301
I mean maybe but, effort. I'll just go to the GW store and get it over and done with, will take me less time than any alternative.
>>
>>55405398
>Implying iOS fags paint their own shit.
>>
>>55405410
To what? The app store you muppet
>>
>>55403987
>Stick to painting cause you gaming skill underwhelming and annoy it appears.

Excuse me, what?
>>
>>55405410
...it's an app.
what the fuck?
>>
>>55405410
https://itunes.apple.com/app/citadel-paint-the-app/id1238189867

Literally two seconds to Google
>>
>>55405211
You look fine.
>>
File: IMG_0357.png (786KB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0357.png
786KB, 1920x1088px
>>55405227
>Edgelord robot, make me an edgy comments
>>
>>55404748
A buddy of mine and I did a 5e derp battle, him running old-school Witchhunters with Karamazov, 9 Sentinels and 9 Penitent Engines as the walker army of derp. I ran a Dreadmob with 18 Killa Kanz, 2 Big Meks with Shokk Attack Gunz, and 5 Mekboy Junkas with Shokk Attack Gunz.

It was a glorious derpfest all around, with lots of goofy Holy Rage, Junkas teleporting themselves into melee with Sentinels, and Karamazov kicking stuff from atop his walking couch.
>>
>>55405430
You can install to your device from the browser you muppet
>>
>>55405398
Up for Android too.
>>
>>55405211
At least tie that hair up man.
>>
>>55405485
Lies
>>
>>55405212

>Metal scouts

Ha ha what
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 577x111px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 577x111px
>>55403850
>>55403868
>>55403886
They actually didn't say every army is guaranteed new models for the edition, just that EVENTUALLY they'll get to everybody. That could mean for 8th but it could also not be. Depends how pessimistic you're feeling today.
>>
>>55405530
Well the advantage of how they've done these codexes is that if basically all of the important information about how to use the unit on the unit profile then they can come up with new models, pack a sheet with the profile on it in the box and not have to print new codexes.
>>
>>55405419
You may find the chest is difficult to get at unless you leave the gun off (right arm of step 6c), but as most people paint tau guns the same colour as the armour it's not really a big deal, it's not like trying to paint a space marine's aquila without getting any gold on the bolter. I just build them completely then paint.
>>
File: 7bf6bzp.jpg (289KB, 1600x2281px) Image search: [Google]
7bf6bzp.jpg
289KB, 1600x2281px
>>55405500
I have it, right now.
>>
>>55405556
True enough. I simply believe its better to expect GW to make us suffer than get our hopes up, its less painful when they fuck us in the ass that way.
>>
>>55405584
So what does the app even do? I'm a bit out of the loop here.
>>
>>55405530
The AGM summary from that one anon suggested that they're shifting to a 'staggered' model release thing.

Instead of releasing lots of things with months of drought, they're gonna release lots of things so that people have something to buy constantly.

Though, they are doing a huge update with Primaris and DG, they are being quite staggered.
>>
>>55405601
All I heard is they're apparently giving away paints to some people who download it.
>>
>>55405580
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>55405601
lists paints for official color schemes, has a checklist for color you own and.. that's about it.
Oh and i think you can snap a colour you like and it'll tell you the closest in the range.

Probably link to GW's page so you can get paint directly.
>>
Could a leviathan dread with the drill kill bobby g in cc if I used death hex on him first?
>>
>>55405584
He's right, it's available. Three hours early by my time. Huh.
>>
File: qYW6G5f.jpg (575KB, 1280x1656px) Image search: [Google]
qYW6G5f.jpg
575KB, 1280x1656px
>>55405601
This in app form, basically. And a colour matching function.

They also have a nice base painting tutorial.
>>
>>55405601
It is a neat little companion app.
Some basic painting info, Citadel paints collection manager. With some basic paint schemes how to for a bunch of different models.
Not that much content, hoping they add things regularly.
>>
>>55404253
>It's a Warp Tainted potato monster episode
>>
File: pickle rick dab.png (87KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
pickle rick dab.png
87KB, 554x400px
>>55405247
>>55405453
haha woah xd
>>
>>55405161
Regen for days. So long as you don't get killed in a single turn, you'll get milage out of it.
>>
>>55405668
Regen is hilariously bad at defending this guy where he's going to need it.
>>
>>55405647
>>55405601
Oh also there's a cool "Getting Started" section that explains all the different paint types and links to Duncan videos.

Seems really great for beginners.
>>
>>55405711
>>55405711
>>55405711

new
>>
>>55405691
And what you recommend?
>>
File: Store.jpg (97KB, 800x883px) Image search: [Google]
Store.jpg
97KB, 800x883px
Just got my store-anniversary model today!
>>
>>55404748
I actually just finished up a rather lengthy campaign session recently. My group decided that the Thousand Sons would be the main villains and we began to have our story unfold as we battled.

It initially started out with TSons and Ahriman running into the Ynnari as they were looking for their Cronesword on a Maiden World turned Imperium Agriworld in the Segmentum Obscuris named Colocasia, which soon had a Genestealer Cult uprising that both of them had to skirt past, an objective made easier as the remaining loyal elements of the PDF, the mission of Sisters that made the world their home after being cut off from communication with the rest of their order, and AdMech from two of the planet's three moons. The Cult and Tyranids which reinforced them gave the Imperial forces a run for their money. They barely managed to get out of the situation, their forces heavily fatigued. During this time, the Ynnari and Thousand Sons had been fighting it out with one another nonstop. It was at this point that Magnus had shown up to Ahriman's surprise. Ahriman had thus decided to cut his losses and work to keep Magnus from meeting the Ynnari and possibly taking possession of them. He pushed the attentions of the Imperium presence to Magnus' appearance. The fighting all but destroyed the remaining PDF forces, leaving the AdMech and Sisters to fend off the Primarch. As the climax approached, only the Sisters, a Knight, and a handful of Guardsmen were left. Through some miracle, an explosion from a last-ditch effort by a Sister to ram a Rhino into Magnus worked, and forced him back into the Warp. Their leader gone, and the Ynnari mopping up the remnants that fled, led to the TSons being eradicated and Ahriman preserving his shot at the Ynnari another time. The Sisters almost fired upon the Ynnari, unknowing of the fact that the Imperium had begun working with them, yet the Ynnari said their task was over and left the planet. Colocasia then went on to begin rebuilding.
>>
>>55405738
I don't have a store anywhere near me. Irritating. But good for you!
>>
>>55405738
Does that guy come with special rules? You can't normally take a power fist or plasma pistol.
>>
>>55405722
-1 damage, you won't be losing him to small arms fire, but quality shooting or other dedicated CQC if someone's desperate.

I've seen what this shit does for waveserpents.
>>
>>55405790
One second, I'll open the box and check.
>>
>>55405790
Posted in the new thread.
>>
>>55405308
Phase out counted "necron" models, which the monolith isn't, one reason why it sucked. Nice work on the glancing six though.
>>
>>55404869
Just remember that your higher level coalition commanders are going to be reversed, with their Sept color being 95%of the armor. I chose silver for my Sept markings and it looks pretty dope.
>>
>>55405790
It's a Captain, so I believe you are incorrect.
Thread posts: 450
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.