[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Druids influence your villages ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Lets assume your village has a Druid in it. He is third level and is a jolly guy, assuming Lawful Good. How would he change the way people live in the village, what spells would he use, what scrolls would he own ?
>>
>>55399195
>druid
>useful at 3rd level
>in a village
>lawful good
None of these things makes sense when put together, anon.
>>
File: lady_deirdre_skye.png (538KB, 549x640px) Image search: [Google]
lady_deirdre_skye.png
538KB, 549x640px
>>55399195
I have such wonderful sights to show you.
>>
>>55399195
In our Pathfinder game, my character was a druid and lived outside a village.

>taught villagers the importance of crop rotation
>acted as a vet for their animals
>occasionally acted as doctor for their people
>taught them to only go after larger deer to help the Dee population while still feeding themselves
>advised them on places not to go in the forest
>>
>>55399195

>Druid
>Lawful Good

That seems rather contradictory.
>>
>>55399232
Druidcraft
Mending
Animal Friendship
Cure Wounds
Detect Poison and Desease
Goodberry
Purify Food and Drink
Speak With Animals
Lesser Restoration
Protection From Poison

Totally useless in a village, I agree.

You are assuming all Druids are chaotic fucks who don't like society? What are you, Pathfinder homosexual android ?
>>
>>55399353
>You are assuming all Druids are chaotic fucks who don't like society?

Not OP or that Anon, but it doesn't really make sense for a Druid to be Lawful Good: there's no order, rhyme, or reason in nature and while it isn't quite literally "survival of the fittest"- I severely doubt any actively magical Druid pact would be okay with respecting mankind's "law & order" memes. That said, any neutral or chaotic alignment seems fair game.

It is, though, nonsense to think that a town wouldn't have a unaligned or neutral good Druid or even covens of them working with a community instead of against it: humans are a part of nature and like how a beaver builds a dam, so to do men grow crops, craft tools, and build hovels. It should be if anything MORE common to have Druids and their covens leading fantasy-people-villages more so than Clerics, but I understand it's always about big-fuck-you gods so whatever.
>>
>>55399474
There's lots of order in nature, if there weren't it would fall apart and we couldn't exist. Nature does not suffer chaotic systems; they self destruct and only stable ones endure, if anything at all does. And nature is the most reasonable thing there is: there is a cause and effect and absolutely nothing else. A pure, unbiased explanation for everything, unhampered by the moralistic arguments of men and their irrational hopes and beliefs.

Nature is law itself, the only law that matters.
>>
>>55401979
>There's lots of order in nature
Tell that to those bacteria that changed our atmosphere to oxygen.
>>
>>55402351
And now look at all the complex ecosystem interactions completely dependent on it.
Nature will make it work, or it will kill everything that doesn't fit. Often it does both successively.
>>
>>55399474

>no order in nature

Nigga, seriously. If anything nature is MORE orderly than any society ever. Maybe signle animals are more "chaotic" (tough, imagine a druid that loves ants), but nature as whole seems rightfully timeless an cyclical to us. And yes, red in tooth and claw -even evolution- is order as well.

It's worth mentioning tha law in allingment never made sense to me as the literal law, amusingly enough. I mean, a dwarf is more predictable than an elf, but that's not really because half of not!Moria is a courthouse. They're just more stable and less individualistic (amusignly enough in my setting they and the elves realize this difference without blinking, and don't assume by default it means superiority)
>>
>>55399195
Basically a Ranger/Agronomics teacher/Vet.
>>
>>55399474

> it doesn't really make sense for a Druid to be Lawful Good

Is there an alignment restriction that I don't know about?
>>
>>55399195

Silly anon, Druid are not real.
>>
Talk them out of using metal (maybe) and just overall improve their standard of living.
>>
>>55403160
Aren't druid locked into only nuetral alignments?
>>
>>55403465
Not in 5e, at least
>>
>>55402351
Praise be to Peryite, friend, for he hath provided the necessities of the world.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.